PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How do you like this Peyton Manning news !

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Chiefs | In best position to sign Peyton Manning?
Wed, 07 Mar 2012 10:21:10 -0800

The Kansas City Chiefs may be one of the frontrunners to sign free-agent QB Peyton Manning (Colts). With some $35 million available to the team under the salary cap, they can give Manning more money and suffer the smallest cap consequences of any team in the league.

0 Comments | Source: CBSSports.com | Share

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1oSOHGwT3

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-07-2012, 12:30 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs may be one of the frontrunners to sign free-agent QB Peyton Manning (Colts). With some $35 million available to the team under the salary cap, they can give Manning more money and suffer the smallest cap consequences of any team in the league.

It would be cool if the Chiefs stopped teasing and finally let us cum one day.

KCKID58
03-07-2012, 12:31 PM
i hope so !!!!

R8RFAN
03-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Peyton won't be a Chief people... It will be Zona or Miami

loochy
03-07-2012, 12:33 PM

CBS SPORTS IS CLEARLY BIASED AGAINST KANSAS CITY

ChiefFripp
03-07-2012, 12:35 PM
It seems like The Chiefs could be in the best position to aquire Manning but according to Mitch Holthus the front office is not really that interested and who knows how Peyton would feel about coming to KC?

I really doubt Peyton has put much thought into where he may be heading at this point.

Epic Fail 007
03-07-2012, 12:35 PM

No manning wants to win not hang out for 2 or 3 yrs.

stonedstooge
03-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Scott says- But but but you haven't figured in how much Clark is going to take out of our salary cap monies.

loochy
03-07-2012, 12:36 PM
No manning wants to win not hang out for 2 or 3 yrs.

No Manning wants to win? I think some Mannings want to win.

BoneKrusher
03-07-2012, 12:39 PM
the Chiefs are in great shape from a salary cap standpoint.

Manning will want other pieces (OLine etc) around him no matter where he goes and that team will need cap space to do that.

Manning will be the ONLY one who decides where he plays, so the Chiefs are a front runner IMO.

Okie_Apparition
03-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Find out what brand of coffee he likes & invite him for cup
Even Eli stopped in the KC Airport while the Vikes' dome ripped open

RealSNR
03-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Peyton wants a dome.

This is God's way of punishing Kansas Citians for not building the roof over Arrowhead.

R8RFAN
03-07-2012, 12:45 PM
No way the Cheaps will spend that kind of coin on a 36 yr old broke neck QB...

#1 They are too Cheap
#2 If they do they are stupid...

lcarus
03-07-2012, 12:47 PM

#1 They are too Cheap

Yeah it was much smarter to pay Cassel big money. Even smarter to stick with him after sucking so much ass for 3 seasons.

qabbaan
03-07-2012, 12:48 PM
On every message board out there, most fans are convinced manning would be nuts to choose any other city.

There will be a lot of hate threads if he signs elsewhere, after we were all spread eagle for him hoping he would come and save this team's sad administration from themselves...

The Rick
03-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Peyton wants a dome.

This is God's way of punishing Kansas Citians for not building the roof over Arrowhead.
Link?

lcarus
03-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Peyton wants a dome.

He already has a pretty big dome.

RealSNR
03-07-2012, 12:49 PM

#1 They are too Cheap
#2 If they do they are stupid...:spock: We're not signing him to be the starter for 5+ years. It's just cash. NFL teams can always replace cash.

Now draft picks on the other hand, you can not.... ROFL

RealSNR
03-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Link?It's in the Bible. Amos or Ezra, can't remember which.

R8RFAN
03-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Yeah it was much smarter to pay Cassel big money. Even smarter to stick with him after sucking so much ass for 3 seasons.

I am not saying you don't need a QB, I am saying you don't need a 36 yr old QB that will require 2+ million dollars a game to play.

RealSNR
03-07-2012, 12:52 PM
I am not saying you don't need a QB, I am saying you don't need a 36 yr old QB that will require 2+ million dollars a game to play.Wait, you're always criticizing the Chiefs for being cheap. Are you now ENCOURAGING us to be cheap?

tymania
03-07-2012, 12:53 PM
I am not saying you don't need a QB, I am saying you don't need a 36 yr old QB that will require 2+ million dollars a game to play.

if that means we actually make the playoffs and win at least one playoff game.. i am good with that.

Dave Lane
03-07-2012, 12:53 PM

#1 They are too Cheap

Yeah lets toss in a 1st and a 2nd for a broke dick QB.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Signing Manning will fill the stands . The sale of $8 beers alone will generate $20,000,000 a year . Clark will see this as a money maker.

BoneKrusher
03-07-2012, 12:55 PM
ROFL That's gonna leave a mark.

R8RFAN
03-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Wait, you're always criticizing the Chiefs for being cheap. Are you now ENCOURAGING us to be cheap?

In this case On this player... Yes... It's really not his neck I am concerned about as much as him being 36 years old and being inactive for a year.

R8RFAN
03-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Signing Manning will fill the stands . The sale of $8 beers alone will generate $20,000,000 a year . Clark will see this as a money maker.

Stands are already full with Cassell as the QB, this is why they won't spend the money on him... Why should they?

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-07-2012, 12:59 PM
In this case On this player... Yes... It's really not his neck I am concerned about as much as him being 36 years old and being inactive for a year.

Shut da fuck up ! You know we get Manning the Raiders have no shot at anything. Except look forward to picking 1st in the 3rd round for the next 3 years!

KC Dan
03-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Stands are already full with Cassell as the QB, Way wrong. The stands have not even been close to full for a couple of years now

R8RFAN
03-07-2012, 01:01 PM

You may as well, you haven't won a playoff game in 16 years or a Superbowl in 40+ so it's not likely to matter if you were to go "Ricky Williams" style.

siberian khatru
03-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Wait, you're always criticizing the Chiefs for being cheap. Are you now ENCOURAGING us to be cheap?

Just so long as we pay cash for him, not credit.

Chief Roundup
Manning will also have to run almost every aspect of the offense. He will be the offensive "head coach". Wonder how the new staff would like that.

R8RFAN
Way wrong. The stands have not even been close to full for a couple of years now

Oh Bullshit, I watch TV man.

Rausch
Stands are already full with Cassell as the QB

You clearly have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Rausch
03-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Manning will also have to run almost every aspect of the offense. He will be the offensive "head coach". Wonder how the new staff would like that.

I think it would take a load off Romeo's mind...

R8RFAN
03-07-2012, 01:03 PM
You clearly have no idea what the **** you're talking about.

Oh yes I do and you know it.

BoneKrusher
03-07-2012, 01:04 PM

and that's a plus for the Chiefs.

RealSNR
03-07-2012, 01:05 PM
You may as well, you haven't won a playoff game in 16 years or a Superbowl in 40+ so it's not likely to matter if you were to go "Ricky Williams" style.Or we could spend the money, of which we have plenty, and use the draft picks to fill other important positions. I prefer that much more to trading for an inferior QB in Palmer, who is no spring chicken himself. The Chiefs know he's a 1-2 year stop gap. If they're lucky, they might get 3.

Look, Peyton's an NFL athlete. He knows what it takes to stay in shape. He hasn't made it this far in the league by sitting on his ass and letting his training regiment slip. One inactive year isn't going to stop him.

The neck is absolutely the only worry teams should have concerning Manning.

KC Dan
03-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Oh Bullshit, I watch TV man.hahahahahahaha, then you're blind

Chief Roundup
03-07-2012, 01:07 PM

Evidently you have been looking away when they show the stands. Arrowhead has not been NEARLY as full as it always was.

Chris Meck
03-07-2012, 01:07 PM
As long as whoever signs him sits in front of us in the draft, I'm cool with it. 'cause it makes trading up a little easier.

What if:
Peyton goes to Miami
Orton goes to Washington
Flynn goes to Cleveland

Now none want to deal up for RG3.

We could get there for a 1 and....what, a 2?

Just saying.

RealSNR
03-07-2012, 01:08 PM
As long as whoever signs him sits in front of us in the draft, I'm cool with it. 'cause it makes trading up a little easier.

What if:
Peyton goes to Miami
Orton goes to Washington
Flynn goes to Cleveland

Now none want to deal up for RG3.

We could get there for a 1 and....what, a 2?

Just saying.Cleveland's got other teams by the balls. They're not going to sign shit at QB.

R8RFAN
03-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Or we could spend the money, of which we have plenty, and use the draft picks to fill other important positions.

Look, Peyton's an NFL athlete. He knows what it takes to stay in shape. He hasn't made it this far in the league by sitting on his ass and letting his training regiment slip. One inactive year isn't going to stop him.

The neck is absolutely the only worry teams should have concerning Manning.

Best option in BOLD

Peyton is a brilliant mind but there is a reason most of them retire in their mid to late 30's

I bet he never even comes close to what he was. Especially without the brilliant Jeff Saturday to line up behind.

MMXcalibur
03-07-2012, 01:10 PM

No offense, I love getting Chiefs news....but I'm pretty sure we all knew this.

RealSNR
03-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Best option in BOLD.I feel like I'm on a goddamn merry-go-round.

Okay, so WHY shouldn't we want Manning if spending the cash is the best option?

mlyonsd
Stands are already full with Cassell as the QB, this is why they won't spend the money on him... Why should they?

You realize most of the seats at Arrowhead are red, right?

Redcoats58
Oh yes I do and you know it.

You obviously don't watch enough, the chiefs stands have been about 3/4ths full. We are talking about over the course of the full season not a game or two. There are always gonna be certain games we sell out, division games ect.

whoman69
03-07-2012, 01:13 PM

Zona doesn't have the cap room Mr. Expert.

htismaqe
03-07-2012, 01:13 PM

ROFL

R8RFAN
03-07-2012, 01:14 PM
I feel like I'm on a goddamn merry-go-round.

Okay, so WHY shouldn't we want Manning if spending the cash is the best option?

Because he will play one year probably and you will be in the same position next year...

You should trade up to the St.Louis spot and get a QB that will lead this team for the next decade and a half, not a 2 yr high priced player with a noodle arm and a fused neck.

htismaqe
03-07-2012, 01:14 PM

Kolb's contract is a big question mark. He's due a $7M bonus on March 17th which they wouldn't have to pay if they sign Manning.

whoman69
03-07-2012, 01:15 PM

I don't see that the Teletubbies make you an expert

R8RFAN
03-07-2012, 01:15 PM

He was released, his contract is void, they can guarantee him money and sign him for the league minimum.

RealSNR
03-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Because he will play one year probably and you will be in the same position next year...

You should trade up to the St.Louis spot and get a QB that will lead this team for the next decade and a half, not a 2 yr high priced player with a noodle arm and a fused neck.I like this option you just proposed much more than signing Manning. I just don't know when you'll change your mind again and tell us to spend the money instead.

Saul Good
03-07-2012, 01:19 PM
The country was still reeling from the 9/11 attacks, Pink's "Get the Party Started" was the #1 song, Black Hawk Down topped the box office, Bob the Builder was the hottest holiday toy, and the Raiders played their last postseason game in January of 2002.

BoneKrusher
03-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Marshall Faulk just threw out an intresting comment:
Peyton will not go to an NFC Team?

R8RFAN
03-07-2012, 01:20 PM
I like this option you just proposed much more than signing Manning. I just don't know when you'll change your mind again and tell us to spend the money instead.

I won't change my mind on Manning, he is too long in the tooth...

P.S. Montana retired after 14 seasons too.

Carlota69
03-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Im on this train of thought to. Signing with an NFC team would eliminate Manning VS Manning SB.

R8RFAN
03-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Im on this train of thought to. Signing with an NFC team would eliminate Manning VS Manning SB.

So would signing with the Chiefs :DROFL

Carlota69
03-07-2012, 01:24 PM
So would signing with the Chiefs :DROFL
really? Then why are you against the Chiefs signing him? You should be all for it.:D

BoneKrusher
03-07-2012, 01:25 PM

yep, exactly what Faulk said and he knows the Mannings pretty well.

R8RFAN
03-07-2012, 01:25 PM
really? Then why are you against the Chiefs signing him? You should be all for it.:D

Hell he would make the Chiefs better, may even win the west next year but winning the west and winning the Superbowl is light years apart.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-07-2012, 01:26 PM

Ohhh, but if they did....

1st and 2nd for Carson Palmer and only later rounds to play with.
No draft selections for Manning and a full barrel of draft picks to spend

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Frazod
03-07-2012, 01:27 PM
God I'm sick of this shit.

Lightrise
03-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Faulk just suggested that no way Manning chooses an NFC team because it eliminates any chance of both Mannings to play in the same Superbowl. That makes a ton of sense, not happening. While Manning may think his presence puts people in the seats, I can't see him going to any city that has a current attendance issue, BUT, apparently Manning does have a home in Miami? I also don't believe Manning will risk any divisiveness in Denver over Tebow, or even an Elway/Manning tug of war, or the perception of it. I'm not sure about Seattle, that ownership does not interfere but I can't see Manning wanting to be around Tom Cable, or having to cope with throwing in the rain perhaps often. IF the Texans show interest this is where he's going, a roof, a great defense, an offensive minded head coach, a great WR and a chance to stick it to the Colts twice a year. What I don't know is where that team sits financially. As for the Chiefs, some have said that not having a head coach or OC set in their ways makes it easier to adjust a system around Manning. This is a good/bad news situation for the Chiefs. Manning can't pay long, and he can probably count on Romeo (a defensive coach with LOTS of defensive responsibilty now) being around for a couple years. The problem is Dabold, and while that smacks as some trouble, Pioli might be able to lean on him so as to make it work. Romeo might just leave Manning alone which would be good. The fans would love it, but the weather can be a problem, the Chiefs can run the ball which might help with keeping Manning healthy, and the Chiefs can handle the financials. If we have a shot, Manning could insist on OL drafting. It's possible here...but in the end, I think if the Texans want him they will get him. Either way, KC or Houston, he gets to the playoffs.

Comments anyone?

SPATCH
03-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Although R8ers is a violently gay individual, he's sort of right about the attendance thing. We wound up 7th overall last year in attendance.

Chiefs fans are glutons for pain.

R8RFAN
03-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Although R8ers is a violently gay individual, he's sort of right about the attendance thing. We wound up 7th overall last year in attendance.

violently gayROFLROFL:shake:

htismaqe
03-07-2012, 01:42 PM

I was at the Vikings game - the stadium was purple.

Attendance <> "home crowd".

In58men
03-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Love the news. Go get'em Pioli

R8RFAN
03-07-2012, 01:43 PM
I was at the Vikings game - the stadium was purple.

Attendance <> "home crowd".

It was still full..... Also they probably had a meth special going on at the trailer park and the Chief fans sold their tickets.

Chief Roundup
03-07-2012, 01:52 PM

Wonder if that includes the seats that the Chiefs or Clark had to buy. That would skew those numbers.

CoMoChief
03-07-2012, 01:53 PM
There are many scenarios that point to the Chiefs being the favorable team for Manning

Arizona? They're horrible, and I don't think they'd immediately give up on Kolb. They already have cap issues, and from what I've heard (of course they're just rumors) Manning wouldn't go to the NFC.

Washington? Don't know what they're cap situation is, but again, NFC, let alone he'd be facing his brother twice a season. Would he get along w/ the rat? Doubtful, the guy is an asshole.

Miami? They have the nice weather going for them. But that's about it. They have Jake Long to protect his blind side, Marshall and Bush (bfd, he's not a top 15 rb in the NFL). But they play in Brady's division and would have to face a physical Jets defense both twice a season. Manning has about 3 good seasons left, he needs to win now. He can't do that in Miami.

Jets? ROFL That locker room is in total chaos. Again, AFCE division and would he want to share the spotlight with his brother just coming off of a SB win? He'd be able to handle it because everyone knows Peyton's the better QB, but this is a highly doubtful situation. Plus I doubt they give up on Sanchez just yet.

Texans? Matt Shaub is not a bad QB, and Houston has a great defense and some great talent on offense. They'd be an instant SB contender for sure w/ Manning, and so far this is the best scenario that I've listed.
BUT.....
I doubt he wants to face the Colts. Maybe he does, maybe he has a chip on his shoulder about his release. You never know. Plus it's indoors.

Denver? **** Denver. Thank God they've laughably committed to a QB that can't play the position. They could be a darkhorse, and Elway probably remembers Montana in 93-94. It COULD happen, just because Tebow sucks THAT BAD. But I doubt it. Denver has cold terrible weather from October on forward. Not a good surrounding cast and their defense is terrible.

Kansas City? Not to be a homer, but the only reason why Peyton Manning wouldn't come here is because Pioli/Clark are cheap ****s that don't care about winning. Here's a list of KC pros and cons...

Pros
-KC has the cap room
-With Charles returning, KC should have a strong running game
-To add to the above, KC has better weapons than most of the teams mentioned above with maybe exception to HOU, regardless of that, KC is ready to win NOW
-If nothing else this is a smart business decision by the Clarks. This could be Joe Montana all over again. This town was nuts then, Arrowhead was rocking, we'd get a bunch of national exposure and primetime games etc.
-Great young defense on the rise that's primed to be a top5 unit this season w/ Berry coming back. Probably won't resign Carr unless he takes less than what he's probably worth on the FA market, doubt that happens and we've already made the decision (or so it seems) with the signing of PI nightmare Routt.
-Crennel is a delegater. Don't get caught up in that article about Colt McCoy calling Daboll a control freak. IT'S COLT ****ING MCCOY!!! I think we all know who'd be running the show on offense. I don't think Manning would have any trouble at all adjusting to a new offense.
-AFCW is a VERY winnable division, probably the easiest in the NFL. If Manning wants to win and get another SB win on his resume before he retires, playing in the AFCW is the best/easiest route to go.

Cons
-Clark Hunt is a cheap mother****er
-Scott Pioli is married to Matt Cassel, and his NE cock is shoved so far up Cassel's ass.
-KC also has bad weather toward the end of the season
-Maybe Peyton Manning wouldn't want to live in KC, kind of spinoff of the previous point mentioned above.

Can't think of anymore cons, but the only problem are the first 2 points regarding Pioli and Clark. Unfortunately they're the ones who call the shots. It's a long shot I believe realistically to get this guy, if it happens I would buy a season ticket pkg (again - smart business decision, and I'm not the only one who'd feel this way).

Chief Roundup
03-07-2012, 02:08 PM
I think we all know who'd be running the show on offense. I don't think Manning would have any trouble at all adjusting to a new offense.

Manning won't be learning a new offense. Everyone else will learn Mannings offense.

Thig Lyfe
03-07-2012, 02:10 PM

Peyton Manning

lcarus
03-07-2012, 02:11 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k80nW6AOhTs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Setsuna
03-07-2012, 02:12 PM
35M? I thought it was 30M? :hmmm:

Frazod
03-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Peyton Manning

Thanks, retard. You hadn't posted one of these in what - four or five minutes?

CoMoChief
03-07-2012, 02:16 PM

how ya doing Frazod.........doing okay?

How do u like my new sig?

Raiderhater
03-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Hell he would make the Chiefs better, may even win the west next year but winning the west and winning the Superbowl is light years apart.

The Chiefs won the West with Cassel at the helm. Cassel and Manning are light years apart.

Thig Lyfe
03-07-2012, 02:18 PM

Peyton Manning

Marcellus
03-07-2012, 02:19 PM

#1 They are too Cheap

The irony is just epic coming from a guy who defends his team's decision to waste 2 high draft picks and $ on Carson fucking Palmer. ROFL

There is nothing KC could do regardless of the $ they pay Manning that would be as stupid as what the Faiders did. It's not possible.

Oh this is rich.

crazycoffey
03-07-2012, 02:21 PM

This isn't the first time that thought came up, is it?
I think NFC is low low low on his list, because he wants the hopes of a Manning Manning Superbowl.

Marcellus
03-07-2012, 02:22 PM
The bottom line is it makes too much sense so no way Pioli does it. Fucking asshole.

Wallcrawler
03-07-2012, 02:32 PM
I think the only reason Peyton wouldnt want to come to KC is being outdoors when its colder than feck come playoff push/homefield advantage time, and the fact that our RT position seems to be like a revolving door.

Aside from that, he has a pretty good idea of what he would be getting into in KC. When he last played against us, our defense held his unit to a single TD if I remember right. The game where Bowe dropped the wide open TD pass and we lost. Our defense gave him a giant shitburger to chew on that game, and we should have won that one.

Our defense has made big strides since then, so he knows he has a defense that can protect his work on offense.

He played here in the no punt playoff game, so he knows what our stadium sounds like when its packed to the gills and the fans are going crazy.

He knows we have weapons on offense, and he had a damn good seat in the house for Bowe's crazy tip one hand TD catch with the defender draped all over him. 2 first round receivers in Bowe and Baldwin, both big targets. Tony Moeaki has big play ability if he can stay on the field, and Jamaal Charles will be one of the best backs Peyton has ever had behind him.

Play-action off of Charles would be unstoppable in KC.

We're bringing in a new OC, and Romeo isnt an offensive minded guy anyway, so Manning would be able to do his thing while Daboll either conforms and coordinates the rushing attack or gets the feck out.

We can also offer him the biggest final payday of his career, provided Clark and Pioli are willing to go after him.

Sofa King
03-07-2012, 02:35 PM
When are people going to realize R8ers is just trolling to piss you off.

He doesn't actually believe the shit he spews. He's just being a dumbass.

Rausch
03-07-2012, 02:43 PM
I think the only reason Peyton wouldnt want to come to KC is being outdoors when its colder than feck come playoff push/homefield advantage time, and the fact that our RT position seems to be like a revolving door.

Aside from that, he has a pretty good idea of what he would be getting into in KC. When he last played against us, our defense held his unit to a single TD if I remember right. The game where Bowe dropped the wide open TD pass and we lost. Our defense gave him a giant shitburger to chew on that game, and we should have won that one.

Our defense has made big strides since then, so he knows he has a defense that can protect his work on offense.

He played here in the no punt playoff game, so he knows what our stadium sounds like when its packed to the gills and the fans are going crazy.

He knows we have weapons on offense, and he had a damn good seat in the house for Bowe's crazy tip one hand TD catch with the defender draped all over him. 2 first round receivers in Bowe and Baldwin, both big targets. Tony Moeaki has big play ability if he can stay on the field, and Jamaal Charles will be one of the best backs Peyton has ever had behind him.

We're bringing in a new OC, and Romeo isnt an offensive minded guy anyway, so Manning would be able to do his thing while Daboll either conforms and coordinates the rushing attack or gets the feck out.

We can also offer him the biggest final payday of his career, provided Clark and Pioli are willing to go after him.

And keep in mind that winning in SF isn't that big of a deal.

But you manage to win a SB with a team like the Cards or Chiefs THAT'S accomplishing something. That's something that hasn't been done in 40 years.

That's something Montana couldn't even do...

Frazod
03-07-2012, 02:48 PM
how ya doing Frazod.........doing okay?

How do u like my new sig?

I'm fine, ebonics boy. How are you?

And I have signatures disabled. And I'm not going to enable them to look at anything you did.

evolve27
03-09-2012, 12:39 AM

#1 They are too Cheap

Fuck u

evolve27
03-09-2012, 02:47 PM

Nice take, we got the D to keep him on the field...Bowe needs to get restructured...fck all the other teams in competition for Manning