PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs To those arguing Bowe isn't a top 5 WR.

Direckshun
03-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Damon Huard
Brodie Croyle
Tyler Thigpen
Matt Cassel
Tyler Palko
Kyle Orton

Samie Parker
Mark Bradley
Devard Darling
Chris Chambers
Kevin Curtis
Jerheme Urban
Steve Breaston

That is all.

TEX
03-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Damon Huard
Brodie Croyle
Tyler Thigpen
Matt Cassel
Tyler Palko
Kyle Orton

Samie Parker
Mark Bradley
Devard Darling
Chris Chambers
Kevin Curtis
Jerheme Urban
Steve Breaston

That is all.

He's close to top 5 in talent and also in untimely drops.

KCrockaholic
03-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Why is Steve Breaston on the naughty list?

Extra Point
03-07-2012, 09:32 PM
TEX, that is a definaterly interdasting comment.

Direckshun
03-07-2012, 09:33 PM

I listed all the QBs who have played with Bowe in a Chiefs uniform, and all the #2 WRs we've had since he was on the team.

Until recently (Orton & Breaston), we have literally stranded this amazing talent down the field, with nothing but shit throwing him the ball, and nothing but shit drawing zero attention away from him.

And yet Bowe still manages to produce. And never complains.

The guy deserves Top 5 money.

Thig Lyfe
03-07-2012, 09:35 PM
He's close to top 5 in talent and also in untimely drops.

When you're one of a team's only playmakers, you're going to be given way more opportunities to fail.

notorious
Devard Darling.

JFC :facepalm:

Pasta Little Brioni
He woulda had 200 on Bailey out in Pile High if he didn't get hurt in the finale. Looked like he and Orton were getting in sync.

jd1020
03-07-2012, 09:36 PM
To anyone arguing that Bowe is a top 5 receiver...

Megatron
Fitz
Andre
Jennings
Wallace
White

That is all.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Devard Darling.

JFC :facepalm:

Who was the dude that pimped him something fierce :eek:

TheGuardian
03-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Bowe is top 5. Don't really care about the drops. He produces.

I'd love to see what kind of numbers he can put up with a real QB.

KCrockaholic
03-07-2012, 09:37 PM

Same one who sucked LJ's cock for years.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-07-2012, 09:38 PM

Megatron
Fitz
Andre
Jennings---thank you Aaron Rodgers
Wallace---thanks Big Ben
White---u are welcome Matt Ryan

That is all.

He definately belongs in the discussion. As some of us have pointed out, even with shit QB's his numbers are comparable to AJ's at that stage of his career.

TEX
03-07-2012, 09:38 PM
TEX, that is a definaterly interdasting comment.

I can go back season after season and mention several games where he had the most untimely drop that played a big part in a L. (Remember Oakland in their place year before last? Indy?) Point is there are lots to choose from.

Can also say that in most of those games he made a great catch as well. For this reason he's not top 5 in my book. Just not as consistent as he needs to be at times, but he is definately the best the Chiefs have had in recent memory and definately top 10 consideration league wide.

jd1020
03-07-2012, 09:39 PM
He definately belongs in the discussion.

He belongs in the discussion of top 10.

TheGuardian
03-07-2012, 09:40 PM

Megatron
Fitz
Andre
Jennings
Wallace
White

That is all.

Mike Wallace has had two good seasons with one of the best QB's in the league throwing to him.

Uh no.

Greg Jennings? Really.

What kind of numbers do you think that Bowe would have if he were in Green Bay?

Like I said, let's get Bowe a real QB and then we'll see what happens.

Fritz88
Really? Cassel is shit?
He's got heart.

notorious

I don't know, but I had forgotten (or repressed) the memory of the pile of shit WR known as Devard Darling.

It's amazing how talent deprived this team has been for years, and it took less than 3-4 years build one of the most talented teams in the NFL, save one position.

Pasta Little Brioni
He belongs in the discussion of top 10.

I'm suuuuuure Jennings would be "Top 5" without Aaron Rodgers :drool:

Rausch
Really? Cassel is shit?
He's got heart.

So does the girl from Dirty Dancing...

Urc Burry
03-07-2012, 09:41 PM

Megatron
Fitz
Andre
Jennings
Wallace
White

That is all.

He's better than Jennings and Wallace. So there is #5 right now. I wouldn't trade him for Roddy White, but you can't argue with his production

Brock
03-07-2012, 09:42 PM

Megatron
Fitz
Andre

That is all.

Fixed it for you.

TEX
03-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Bowe is top 5. Don't really care about the drops. He produces.

I'd love to see what kind of numbers he can put up with a real QB.

You need to care about the drops. They come at the worst times. He's good but those drops keep him in the tier just below the best...

jd1020
03-07-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm suuuuuure Jennings would be "Top 5" without Aaron Rodgers :drool:

I'm suuuuuuuuure Bowe would catch that pass that [insert Chiefs QB here] threw and hit him in the numbers if it came from Rodgers.

Brock
03-07-2012, 09:43 PM
You need to care about the drops. They come at the worst times. He could produce more without them.

That's a huge overstatement.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-07-2012, 09:44 PM
I'm suuuuuuuuure Bowe would catch that pass that [insert Chiefs QB here] threw and hit him in the numbers if it came from Rodgers.

What about all the overthrown, underthrown, out of bound, off the crossbar shit thrown his way??? For every drop, thier is a huge gainer missed by the sacks of shit behind center.

jd1020
03-07-2012, 09:45 PM
What about all the overthrown, underthrown, out of bound, off the crossbar shit thrown his way???

What about them? Thats bad QB. Are we excusing Bowe for dropping bread basket passes because the last ball thrown his way was uncatchable? Ridiculous.

Chiefs are in the playoffs last year if Bowe doesn't drop an easy TD against Oakland.

notorious
03-07-2012, 09:45 PM
What about all the overthrown, underthrown, out of bound, off the crossbar shit thrown his way???

I don't see what you are getting at here. LMAO

Direckshun
03-07-2012, 09:46 PM

Yup. He would.

TheGuardian
03-07-2012, 09:46 PM
You need to care about the drops. They come at the worst times. He's good but those drops keep him in the tier just below the best...

Not really. When Terrell Owens was considered one of the best in the league he routinely had a ton of drops. But he always had a good quarterback throwing to him as well. And TO is the guy that Bowe reminds me of, but not quite as fast. But big, can run people over, and runs good routes. TO was also a guy that would drop the routine pass, but make the spectacular catch. That's just a concentration issue. Not really a "hands" issue.

Bane
03-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Mark Bradley had a better arm than Casshole.

Pasta Little Brioni
What about them? Thats bad QB. Are we excusing Bowe for dropping bread basket passes because the last ball thrown his way was uncatchable? Ridiculous.

Chiefs are in the playoffs last year if Bowe doesn't drop an easy TD against Oakland.

Well golly gee. The more on target passes a reciever gets, the more yardage and TD's they are going to rack up.

-King-

Megatron
Fitz
Andre

That is all.

You accidentally put Wallace, White, and Jennings in that list. I fixed it for you.

TheGuardian
03-07-2012, 09:49 PM
You accidentally put Wallace, White, and Jennings in that list. I fixed it for you.

LOL no kidding.

I mean seriously. Mike fucking Wallace?

mlyonsd
03-07-2012, 09:49 PM
I wonder how much better Bowe would be with a good QB. I know that isn't an excuse but players that raise their game make others raise theirs as well.

jd1020
03-07-2012, 09:50 PM
LOL no kidding.

I mean seriously. Mike ****ing Wallace?

I know right...

The 3 year player who averages nearly 19 yards per catch. What a god awful receiver.

-King-
03-07-2012, 09:51 PM
A good QB allows you to run more diverse routes, puts the ball in a location where you can get more YAC and allows you to have more freedom with your hot routes.

Bowe never had any of these.

Pasta Little Brioni
I know right...

The 3 year player who averages nearly 19 yards per catch. What a god awful receiver.

How many deep balls would he get with Cassel at the helm?

BossChief

Megatron
Fitz
Andre
Jennings
Wallace
White

That is all.

Stafford
Shaub
Rogers
Rothlisberger
Ryan

jd1020
03-07-2012, 09:52 PM
How many deep balls would he get with Cassel at the helm?

How many deep balls would Bowe get? Hint: He's not that type of receiver.

-King-
I know right...

No one said he's awful, but to put him in the top 5 is laughable.

stonedstooge
A strong armed quarterback and Wallace? Watch out

BigMeatballDave
03-07-2012, 09:53 PM
LoL some of you tards are seriously underrating Bowe.

Receivers who are targeted a lot have drops.

Urc Burry
I know right...

Since we judge a receiver by YPC..

TheGuardian
I know right...

Anyone can cherry pick stats.

It's not just about stats. People don't have to sit down and game plan for Mike fucking Wallace. They do Bowe.

Direckshun
A good QB allows you to run more diverse routes, puts the ball in a location where you can get more YAC and allows you to have more freedom with your hot routes.

Bowe never had any of these.

With no other receivers to draw attention away from him.

jd1020
Anyone can cherry pick stats.

It's not just about stats. People don't have to sit down and game plan for Mike ****ing Wallace. They do Bowe.

Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

-King-
03-07-2012, 09:55 PM

What? Any receiver can get deep balls. Some specialize in it more than others, but so say that Bowe can't get deep balls is stupid. Should T.O, Roddy White and other big receivers not get thrown deep balls?

And FWIW, Bowe and Jennings ran identical 40 yard dashes, I guess Jennings isn't a deep ball type receiver either.

-King-
03-07-2012, 09:56 PM

You must close your ears when you talk then.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-07-2012, 09:56 PM
How many times on gif'd up did we see Bowe open on what have been a huge gainer if not for the Wobble Launcher behind center?

Brock
03-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Nicks might be better than Bowe, along with the obvious 3 or 4. But putting Roddy White and Mike Wallace ahead of him? that's stupid.

tredadda
03-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Bowe is a beast. Give him a real QB and this discussion would not even be occurring. He would easily be recognized as top 5.

TheGuardian
03-07-2012, 09:59 PM

Then maybe you should get Wallace's dick out of your ear. No one game plans for Mike Wallace. He's a guy on a team with a great QB that can get the ball to him all over the field. If Bowe were there Bowe would argued as top 3. If we get Manning, this will come to fruition.

Mike fucking Wallace.......hilarious.

tredadda
03-07-2012, 10:00 PM

Even if he was he doesn't have a QB to get it to him anyways.

jd1020
03-07-2012, 10:01 PM
You must close your ears when you talk then.

My bad. I should be more of a KC homer and overrate players with an Arrowhead on their helmet.

In58men
03-07-2012, 10:01 PM

Megatron
Fitz
Andre
Jennings
Wallace
White

That is all.

No way Wallace is up there. Let's see how he does without Big Ben. Hopefully SF signs him so you'll see.

tredadda
03-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Nicks might be better than Bowe, along with the obvious 3 or 4. But putting Roddy White and Mike Wallace ahead of him? that's stupid.

Nicks-Eli

Similar situation to Jennings, White, and Wallace. He's good, but I think Bowe is still better.

-King-
03-07-2012, 10:06 PM
My bad. I should be more of a KC homer and overrate players with an Arrowhead on their helmet.

I'm overrating a player who has had 4 thousand yard seasons in 5 years despite consistently having a bottom 5 QB? Ok. :)

Are you really saying that he wouldn't be better if he had a hall of fame QB like Wallace has?

Pasta Little Brioni
03-07-2012, 10:07 PM

Hi mecca

ThaVirus
03-07-2012, 10:07 PM

Megatron
Fitz
Andre
Jennings
Wallace
White

That is all.

Mike Wallace is not a top 5 WR. I should slap you for even thinking that he might be.

Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson are bar-none the three best WRs in the league. They're really a rather large step ahead of everyone else. I'd take any of those three over Bowe, and maybe AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, and Dez Bryant (talent-wise)...

Wes Welker, Victor Cruz, DeSean Jackson, Roddy White, Greg Jennings, and Vincent Jackson all have one thing in common: they're not as good as Bowe.

Titty Meat
03-07-2012, 10:08 PM
I would only read this thread if it said "Late Night Bullshit".

BigMeatballDave
03-07-2012, 10:14 PM

Jennings
Wallace
White

That is all.

You are a fucking moron.

That is all.

L.A. Chieffan
03-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Roddy white and Greg Jennings deserve consideration. I'm not sold on Wallace but he's pretty good.

jd1020
03-07-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm overrating a player who has had 4 thousand yard seasons in 5 years despite consistently having a bottom 5 QB? Ok. :)

Are you really saying that he wouldn't be better if he had a hall of fame QB like Wallace has?

I'm not even convinced he would be the best receiver on the team if we got a better QB.

milkman
03-07-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm not even convinced he would be the best receiver on the team if we got a better QB.

At the end of the day, I don't give a rat's ass if Bowe is top 5 or top 10, he's the best receiver this team has had since Stephone Paige, and on his way to being in the discussion with Otis Taylor as the best in team history.

But this post above is one stupid fucking post.

BigMeatballDave

LMAO

Kill yourself

jd1020
At the end of the day, I don't give a rat's ass if Bowe is top 5 or top 10, he's the best receiver this team has had since Stephone Paige, and on his way to being in the discussion with Otis Taylor as the best in team history.

But this post above is one stupid ****ing post.

Ya, because Baldwin doesn't have potential to beat out Bowe.

I'll be interested in seeing Baldwins second year with a full camp and Jones off the team.

milkman
03-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Ya, because Baldwin doesn't have potential to beat out Bowe.

I'll be interested in seeing Baldwins second year with a full camp and Jones off the team.

Baldwin is potential.

Nothing more.

Until he actually does something I'm convinced your post is fucking stupid.

BigMeatballDave
03-07-2012, 10:36 PM
I can only assume jd is trolling.

He cant be serious.

In58men
03-07-2012, 10:39 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/a6898d69-3819-cee3.jpg

jd1020
03-07-2012, 10:49 PM
I can only assume jd is trolling.

He cant be serious.

Someone who mirrors Bowe in nearly everything except is bigger and has a 9" higher vert definitely doesn't have potential to be better.

It remains to be seen if he turns out, but the potential is there for him to become the #1.

jspchief
03-07-2012, 10:50 PM
It can certainly be argued that Bowe puts up bigger stats with a better QB. Not sure it can be argued he's a definitive top 5 though. There's a clear top 3, and the next 5-10 WRs are kinda clustered IMO. No mention of Marshall, Steve Smith? Where will Cruz fit in?

That being said, drops have to factor in.

jd1020
03-07-2012, 10:52 PM
It can certainly be argued that Bowe puts up bigger stats with a better QB. Not sure it can be argued he's a definitive top 5 though. There's a clear top 3, and the next 5-10 WRs are kinda clustered IMO. No mention of Marshall, Steve Smith? Where will Cruz fit in?

That being said, drops have to factor in.

Cruz needs more time. He was beasting last year, though.

BossChief
03-07-2012, 10:57 PM
JD1020 gives a bad name to all posters on this site that have the letters JD in their username.

BossChief
03-07-2012, 11:00 PM

In case anyone hasn't seen it before, this post is "full retard".

tredadda
03-07-2012, 11:06 PM
In case anyone hasn't seen it before, this post is "full retard".

Damn because you never go full retard.

-King-
03-07-2012, 11:09 PM

There's more validity in saying that Antonio Brown is better than Mike Wallace than there is in saying that Baldwin is better than Bowe.

And if Baldwin is improving because we get a new QB, doesn't that mean that Bowe improves also? :hmmm:

jd1020
03-07-2012, 11:14 PM
There's more validity in saying that Antonio Brown is better than Mike Wallace than there is in saying that Baldwin is better than Bowe.

And if Baldwin is improving because we get a new QB, doesn't that mean that Bowe improves also? :hmmm:

I don't see Bowe doing much more than he's already doing. A QB like Manning is going to give him better opportunities to make plays but a QB like Manning also isn't going to have tunnel vision.

RealSNR
03-07-2012, 11:24 PM
I used to think jd1020 was a giant fucking douchebag awhile ago. Gradually I forgot that I didn't like him and saw that he's actually a high-quality poster who knows his football.

Last week, coincidentally, my subconscious burped up my memories of thinking he was a douchebag. And for the life of me, I couldn't remember why I felt that way about him.

Now I remember. It's because of shit like this.

jd1020
03-07-2012, 11:27 PM
I used to think jd1020 was a giant ****ing douchebag awhile ago. Gradually I forgot that I didn't like him and saw that he's actually a high-quality poster who knows his football.

Last week, coincidentally, my subconscious burped up my memories of thinking he was a douchebag. And for the life of me, I couldn't remember why I felt that way about him.

Now I remember. It's because of shit like this.

No worries. I don't expect to get love from people with a Bowe jersey hanging in the closet when I'm not cupping his balls.

RealSNR
03-07-2012, 11:29 PM
I don't see Bowe doing much more than he's already doing. A QB like Manning is going to give him better opportunities to make plays but a QB like Manning also isn't going to have tunnel vision.Throwing perfect passes to Reggie Wayne in double coverage = threading the needle

Throwing perfect passes to Dwayne Bowe in double coverage = tunnel vision

Gotcha.

jd1020
03-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Throwing perfect passes to Reggie Wayne in double coverage = threading the needle

Gotcha.

WTF are you talking about? Tunnel Vision = Cassel.

RealSNR
03-07-2012, 11:31 PM
No worries. I don't expect to get love from people with a Bowe jersey hanging in the closet when I'm not cupping his balls.That doesn't make any sense.

Oh well. At least you're being consistent in this thread

jspchief
03-07-2012, 11:31 PM
It could also be argued that a better QB will be able to spread it around, and better surrounding receivers will take looks/touches away from Bowe.

Maybe his surrounding (lack of) talent is boosting him up rather than keeping him down.

RealSNR
03-07-2012, 11:33 PM
WTF are you talking about? Tunnel Vision = Cassel.You were saying Bowe benefits from QBs with tunnel vision, as if Peyton Manning wouldn't take advantage of all those times when Bowe really is open but doesn't get looked at because of Captain Checkdown.

Cassel actually doesn't have tunnel vision. The problem is he doesn't have balls, either. See: the Baltimore playoff game when he targeted Bowe zero times

jd1020
03-07-2012, 11:34 PM
It could also be argued that a better QB will be able to spread it around, and better surrounding receivers will take looks/touches away from Bowe.

Maybe his surrounding (lack of) talent is boosting him up rather than keeping him down.

All you have to do is look at 04-06 Colts with Harrison/Wayne. Pretty much identical stats. Even Stokely in 04 put up 1000 yards. That was pretty much it for receiving weapons on that team.

The Chiefs have Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin, Moeaki, and I'd throw McCluster into that. You saw how much the game opened up for McCluster when Orton was in.

jd1020
03-07-2012, 11:39 PM
You were saying Bowe benefits from QBs with tunnel vision, as if Peyton Manning wouldn't take advantage of all those times when Bowe really is open but doesn't get looked at because of Captain Checkdown.

Cassel actually doesn't have tunnel vision. The problem is he doesn't have balls, either. See: the Baltimore playoff game when he targeted Bowe zero times

Since Gonzalez has left Bowe has been, by far, the most targeted WR. Thanks in no small part to the lack of talent previous Chiefs teams had at the position in combination with "1 read" Cassel.

Even in 2009 when Bowe only played in 11 games he was targeted 13 more times than #2.

Bump
03-07-2012, 11:42 PM
I listed all the QBs who have played with Bowe in a Chiefs uniform, and all the #2 WRs we've had since he was on the team.

Until recently (Orton & Breaston), we have literally stranded this amazing talent down the field, with nothing but shit throwing him the ball, and nothing but shit drawing zero attention away from him.

And yet Bowe still manages to produce. And never complains.

The guy deserves Top 5 money.

that's what I've been trying to say! Wait....I mean......... I DISAGREE

BossChief
03-07-2012, 11:44 PM
JFC

Some people think Bowes production would go down with Manning?

ROFL

I would love to see defenses try to bracket Bowe all day if we had Peyton.

Just having Peyton would give Bowe man coverage a lot more.

pr_capone
03-07-2012, 11:47 PM
So does the girl from Dirty Dancing...

You know how I know you are gay?

You have seen that movie enough times to make this comment.

Phobia
03-07-2012, 11:52 PM
You know how I know you are gay?

You have seen that movie enough times to make this comment.

That just makes him old. It was the only movie in theaters for months and then when we got one extra channel with cable, they played it 24/7. So unless you wanted to watch Little House on the Prairie you watched Dirty Dancing.

pr_capone
03-07-2012, 11:57 PM
That just makes him old. It was the only movie in theaters for months and then when we got one extra channel with cable, they played it 24/7. So unless you wanted to watch Little House on the Prairie you watched Dirty Dancing.

Well then he should have been outside hunting, working on cars, and having lots of sex instead.

:harumph:

Phobia
03-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Well then he should have been outside hunting, working on cars, and having lots of sex instead.

:harumph:

He was having lots of sex. He and his sister watched that movie at least 40x together in Southern MO.

Chief Roundup
03-08-2012, 07:35 AM
Throwing perfect passes to Reggie Wayne in double coverage = threading the needle

Gotcha.

I think he was saying that Manning won't have tunnel vision. Or in other words he will throw the ball to people other than Bowe.

beach tribe
03-08-2012, 07:35 AM
Dude is a STUD.
A total Chuck Norris with the ball in his hands and he knows it, and plays like he knows it.
Could be top3 w/Manning IMO.

Chief Roundup
03-08-2012, 07:36 AM
JFC

Some people think Bowes production would go down with Manning?

ROFL

I would love to see defenses try to bracket Bowe all day if we had Peyton.

Just having Peyton would give Bowe man coverage a lot more.

I doubt that his production goes down but his targets might. Manning will spread the ball around better than Cassel especially with Breaston and Baldwin.

beach tribe
03-08-2012, 07:56 AM

Spreading the ball around takes the pressure off Bowe.

It will guarantee him more single coverage,
Peyton will obviously see it, of course.
Bowe will smile as he and (insert DB of choice here) utilize comparable vertical jumps just before said DB almost receives the gift of being double jointed, as Bowe rippes the ball from his arms.

qabbaan
03-08-2012, 08:49 AM
A top five guy would be more dependable than Bowe, and not allow himself to get shut down as Bowe sometimes has. I know QB has been an issue his whole career but he has a job to do as well.

Brock
03-08-2012, 09:07 AM
A top five guy would be more dependable than Bowe, and not allow himself to get shut down as Bowe sometimes has. I know QB has been an issue his whole career but he has a job to do as well.

Shut down? He's got QB after QB who couldn't hit an open receiver if their lives depended on it.

WhiteWhale
03-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Manning has never played with a WR like Bowe.

A guy who he can toss a 6 yard drag route to and watch as he trucks 2 guys, jukes another, and runs 25 yards into the endzone.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-08-2012, 10:09 AM
I remember Bowe streaking down the field WIDE OPEN for what would have been a 70 yard TD pass....The ball never even came close to him.

Micjones
03-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Bowe's absolutely a Top 10 WR.
I think it's safe to say he's one of the league's 7 best.
Top 5? It can certainly be argued.

DBOSHO
03-08-2012, 10:21 AM

Megatron
Fitz
Andre
Jennings
Wallace
White

That is all.

who throws to those guys again?

jd1020
03-08-2012, 10:45 AM
who throws to those guys again?

Who's going to be throwing to Bowe when/if he becomes a top 5 receiver?

whoman69
03-08-2012, 01:40 PM

My guess would be he is the #1 if we were to lose Bowe.

whoman69
03-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Look how bad the Chiefs were when Bowe went down in the 2nd half of the Doncs game. Bowe opens everything up for us.