PDA

View Full Version : Football Peyton to pick team within week

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Report: Peyton will pick team within week, prefers AFC to NFC
Posted by Josh Alper on March 8, 2012, 10:18 AM EST

Getty ImagesPeyton Manning said Wednesday that he hadn’t started thinking about his next team before officially being released by the Colts, but a report from Adam Schefter of ESPN makes it seem like someone in his camp has been looking ahead.

Schefter reports that Manning will pick his 2012 team within the next week and that he has a preference to remain in the AFC over heading to the NFC. Both make a lot of sense.

Choosing a new home quickly would allow the chosen team to figure out the cap implications in time to jump into free agency without losing out on potential targets while waiting for Manning to decide. If there’s a need to massage the roster to create cap room or to make a move involving a quarterback presently on the roster, it can be done swiftly with an eye toward making other moves to bolster the roster around Manning. The only rub to that scenario is that Manning still needs to show teams how well he can throw.

As of now, there are now known workouts scheduled with any teams interested in making a play for Manning nor is there an open workout for any and all teams to attend. It’s hard to imagine any team making a deal with Manning based only of off the video from Duke or secondhand reports about his fitness. This issue can be taken care of quickly, though, and, assuming Manning can throw well, it wouldn’t take long to go from workout to contract if Manning is dead set on playing for that team.

The AFC over NFC preference makes sense from the standpoint of Manning’s familiarity with the conference as well as the fact that there appear to be more teams in the AFC that could thrust themselves into contention by acquiring a healthy and productive Manning. With the 49ers remaining steadfast in their commitment to Alex Smith, the other NFC teams thought to be in the mix would still have to deal with a strong group of contenders returning more or less intact. The AFC has good teams too, of course, but a Manning acquisition might do more to swing the balance of power on that side.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2012, 09:44 AM
I imagine Manning wants to get in on the ground floor of developing the offense for the season. He's supposedly a control freak, so it makes sense.

Chiefshrink
03-08-2012, 09:45 AM
This will be bigger than the Favre coming back v.3 and thank God Manning is not the attention whore drama queen that Favre was and this will end soon!!

Manning sweepstakes are on !!!

stonedstooge
Players can't even meet with coaches till April can they?

Carlota69
I imagine Manning wants to get in on the ground floor of developing the offense for the season. He's supposedly a control freak, so it makes sense.

Absolutely and Im sure he wants to be a major player in the draft decisions and FA decisions. He is used to being a part of a team in March thru te whole season process. I bet he doesnt want that to change.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-08-2012, 09:46 AM
This will be bigger than the Favre coming back v.3 by far !!

Manning sweepstakes are on !!!

Shhhh!!! Do not summon Favre. He'll throw on his Wranglers, stage a workout day, and announce his comeback before you can blink an eye.

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Chiefs have contacted Peyton Manning, too
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 8, 2012, 9:50 AM EST

APAdd the Chiefs to the list of teams interested in Peyton Manning.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Chiefs have already contacted Manning’s representatives.

That’s no surprise, as Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel said last month that they’d be crazy not to consider Manning. Crennel’s comments came this close (if I weren’t typing right now I’d be holding my thumb and forefinger a millimeter apart) to tampering, although the Colts apparently aren’t inclined to make an issue of it.

Crennel has been either a head coach or a defensive assistant in the AFC for Manning’s entire career, so he well knows how difficult it is to game plan against Manning. The two have never worked together, but Crennel has a deep understanding of just how good a healthy Peyton Manning is.

Kansas City’s interest in Manning suggests that Crennel and the Chiefs’ front office want to win now, and they’re not convinced Matt Cassel is the quarterback to do that with. So we can now include the Chiefs when we discuss the many teams that have interest in the player who might be the most sought-after free agent ever — a list that includes at least 12 teams.

Pretty soon it might be easier to list the teams that aren’t interested in Manning.

HonestChieffan
03-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Has he bought a house in Leawood yet?

Hoover
03-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Manning should just do a pro-day.

It would be awesome.

KCUnited
03-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Peyton is going to want to get in and get his Big Board situated and the War Room set up just right so he can focus.

boogblaster
03-08-2012, 09:53 AM
floor-dry the runway .. he's on his way now .....

Chiefshrink
03-08-2012, 09:56 AM
As much as I want Manning the Texans make the most sense assuming his requirements are accurate.

1.Dome
2. D is better than Chiefs
3. Running game is better.
4. Johnson is better than Bowe
5. F**k Irsay over 2wice.

Just sayin.

Chiefs Pantalones
I kinda think the Chiefs are doing this just to say the tried, I don't think they're serious.

Chiefshrink
Peyton is going to want to get in and get his Big Board situated and the War Room set up just right so he can focus.

And by all means we better be doing just that !!

Chiefshrink
03-08-2012, 09:57 AM
I kinda think the Chiefs are doing this just to say the tried, I don't think they're serious.

BINGO !!

kczoo
03-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Peyton on draft day, "Hey Brady, can you and Tim go get me some Oreos and some 2% milk?" Quinn walking down the hall....."Damnit, I thought being #2 QB was bad"

lcarus
03-08-2012, 10:00 AM
As much as I want Manning the Texans make the most sense assuming his requirements are accurate.

1.Dome

Just sayin.

If the Texans get him, I'll take Schaub.

Amnorix
03-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Would think its Chiefs, Jets, 'phins as the front-runners in no particular order.

Do the Ravens have cap room? If they do....

Texans -- I would think they're sticking with Schaub. I also thought the were letting Mario Williams go partly because of cap issues. I know you can play games with the cap, but I would think Manning is going to require the team to have a fair degree of room already under the cap.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-08-2012, 10:04 AM

Stick to sqwuaking about imaginary peach basket titles.

kcpasco
03-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Peyton is trolling the media hardcore.

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Would think its Chiefs, Jets, 'phins as the front-runners in no particular order.

Do the Ravens have cap room? If they do....

Texans -- I would think they're sticking with Schaub. I also thought the were letting Mario Williams go partly because of cap issues. I know you can play games with the cap, but I would think Manning is going to require the team to have a fair degree of room already under the cap.

Ive been saying if it is not us, then Baltimore could make sense if they have cap space. Someone said they are in love with Flacco, but really? :hmmm:

Thig Lyfe
03-08-2012, 10:06 AM

http://a.imageshack.us/img706/2650/281akc8.gif

Micjones
03-08-2012, 10:08 AM
So the Front Office is making a play for Manning...to appease the fans...
When they intend to stick with Cassel...to...?

Doesn't make sense.

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 10:10 AM

Doesn't make sense.

FO's talk that nonsense all the time. They cant outwardly say "Our current QB sucks big fat ballsack and we are seriously looking to get another QB".

Micjones
03-08-2012, 10:11 AM
FO's talk that nonsense all the time. They cant outwardly say "Our current QB sucks big fat ballsack and we are seriously looking to get another QB".

Why would the FO pretend to be interested in Manning?

Pasta Little Brioni
03-08-2012, 10:12 AM

Doesn't make sense.

If I hear that or SMOKESCREEN one more time...smokescreen for WHAT exactly?? So, mindnumbingly stupid.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2012, 10:13 AM
I kinda think the Chiefs are doing this just to say the tried, I don't think they're serious.so your first position was 'they love Cassel and will never make a move for manning because they are tied to Cassel'

now you've adapted it to "they are making a move but it's not a real move"

:facepalm:

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Why would the FO pretend to be interested in Manning?

I honestly dont think they are pretending. We may not get him becasue he chooses somewhere else, but I think they are legitimately going after him.

tooge
03-08-2012, 10:15 AM
It is gonna be Miami or KC. Nobody else fits the criteria. Miami has a leg up imho with the weather, but KC has a leg up as far as being able to win the division now. Miami with Manning isn't gonna beat New England.

stonedstooge
03-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Clark has to decide wheter he wants a new quarterback or a new jet

Mr. Laz
03-08-2012, 10:18 AM
so the Chiefs have done everything to avoid hurting Cassel's ego up until now.

Now they are going to public humiliate and undercut him just to pretend ....

notorious
03-08-2012, 10:18 AM

Damnit.

This.

chiefzilla1501
03-08-2012, 10:19 AM
EeI kinda think the Chiefs are doing this just to say the tried, I don't think they're serious.

Guarantee we are serious. At this point peyton sells more tickets and merchandise goes a team that is going to struggle to sell either of those things without him. They will pursue him purely for business reasons.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Damnit.

This.

Cmon man. You are too smart to actually believe that tripe.

notorious
03-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Cmon man. You are too smart to actually believe that tripe.

You give me too much credit.

Besides, I am a Chiefs fan. When has anything worked out our way?

Also, I am mentally preparing myself for the worst.

Brock
03-08-2012, 10:21 AM

That makes no sense. For every dollar they spend on Manning, they're probably going to make 4. They're absolutely serious.

notorious
03-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Of course, like someone said before, they have protected Cassel's feelings from day one until this happened.

I think Cassel is gone no matter what happens.

Pasta Little Brioni
Arrowhead would be ridiculous again if they sign Manning.

Fat Elvis
That makes no sense. For every dollar they spend on Manning, they're probably going to make 4. They're absolutely serious.

That is exactly why they should go after RG3. That is a decade long money train.

Marcellus
03-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Ee

Guarantee we are serious. At this point peyton sells more tickets and merchandise goes a team that is going to struggle to sell either of those things without him. They will pursue him purely for business reasons.

Pioli needs something quick to secure his job for a while as well and Manning puts butts in the seats and makes the team a contender instantly.

Oh yea, and a media darling.

tooge
03-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Regardless of what happens, the chiefs have shown with their interest that they aren't going to pretend any longer that Matt Cassel isn't the answer to win. Now, it is up to Manning as to where he goes. It's not like it is up to the Chiefs. A few extra million isn't gonna sway him if he has a list of criteria that he wants and the chiefs don't fit as many as some other team.

Micjones
03-08-2012, 10:26 AM
I honestly dont think they are pretending. We may not get him becasue he chooses somewhere else, but I think they are legitimately going after him.

I believe they are as well.

Micjones
03-08-2012, 10:27 AM

This.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2012, 10:27 AM
That is exactly why they should go after RG3. That is a decade long money train.
not really

It would take some fans all of 4 or 5 games of RGIII suck before they started screaming. RGIII is only a decade long money train IF he's a NFL stud.

That's in no way a sure thing either, QB's bust all the time in the NFL.

Chiefnj2
03-08-2012, 10:28 AM
not really

It would take some fans all of 4 or 5 games of RGIII suck before they started screaming. RGIII is only a decade long money train IF he's a NFL stud.

That's in no way a sure thing either, QB's bust all the time in the NFL.

And a 36 year old QB coming off of a year off, a major injury and slow healing nerve doesn't have the chance to "bust"?

DaKCMan AP
03-08-2012, 10:29 AM

His new QB will buy him a new jet & more in profits.

Chief Pote
03-08-2012, 10:31 AM

He has the money to buy both. His family doesn't depend on the money the Chiefs make.....they be real rich.

tooge
03-08-2012, 10:31 AM
this article has some good points

Posted by Mike Florio on March 8, 2012, 9:55 AM EST

APIt seems like everyone is playing “pin the team on the Peyton” in the wake of his release by the Colts. So I’ve applied my blindfold. (Pardon me if the typing reads like a string of Jim Irsay tweets.) And I’m ready to discuss Peyton’s next possible destination, in slightly more detail that I did on Wednesday’s edition of NBC SportsTalk.

Supposedly, a dozen teams have expressed interest in Peyton Manning. Frankly, a lot more should.

So here’s a team-by-team ranking, from those that should be most interested to those that should be least interested in putting Peyton on the roster, if the mutual goal for team and Manning is to win a Super Bowl.

This is simply our (my) opinion, not an attempt to gauge actual level of interest or to predict Peyton’s destination. In the end, that will depend on a variety of factors.

1. Texans: Instantly, the Texans would become the pick to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl, which will be played in Peyton’s hometown of New Orleans. The offense would require some tweaking and there could be danger of a Favre-style “schism” via the handling of Matt Schaub, but a mostly healthy Peyton would make the Texans a legitimate championship contender.

2. Chiefs: Last year, despite the torn ACLs and fractured relationship between coach and G.M., the Chiefs nearly won the AFC West. With Peyton, they’d win it going away. And they possibly would pump up their record to the point where the road to New Orleans would wind through Kansas City.

3. 49ers: The NFC equivalent of the Texans, the Niners nearly made it to the Super Bowl with Alex Smith. Add Peyton Manning, and they could win the next two or three. Unfortunately, coach Jim Harbaugh already has declared his commitment to Smith. Though plenty of coaches have said one thing and done another, Harbaugh has created the impression that he’s not like the rest of them. If he wants to win some Super Bowls, maybe he needs to be.

4. Seahawks: They’re closer than anyone realizes to becoming a great team, and Peyton would get them to that level. The biggest concern is the quality of the offensive line. And the goal of keeping Peyton from taking a lot of hits will now take on a greater level of importance, given the four neck procedures.

5. Cardinals: With Larry Fitzgerald, a better-than-advertised defense, and one of the best return men in the game in Patrick Peterson, the Cardinals would get a major boost toward the top of the mountain from Manning. But will ownership spend enough to put the pieces in place around him? More importantly, will ownership spend enough to even get him?

6. Cowboys: They need a vocal leader, and Peyton would give them just that. More importantly, Peyton could provide someone who likely won’t make a big mistake in a clutch moment of a key game.

7. Ravens: The ultimate revenge on Indianapolis would come from picking up Peyton in a Mayflower van and then winning a Super Bowl with him. The only problem is that, to pull it off, the Ravens would have to be prepared to forever lose Joe Flacco, who is in the last year of his rookie deal.

8. Broncos: They’ll make a run at Peyton, and for good reason. First, they have the defense and running game to contend; throw in a high-level passing game and they become very dangerous. But the Tebow factor will make this one awkward, to say the least. If Manning struggles at all, the Tebowmaniacs will revolt

notorious
03-08-2012, 10:34 AM
The Florio article looks the most accurate, and not just because the Chiefs are #2. I have always thought that the Texans are the biggest contender, but I didn't think they had the $$$$$.

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 10:36 AM
The Florio article looks the most accurate, and not just because the Chiefs are #2. I have always thought that the Texans are the biggest contender, but I didn't think they had the $$$$$.

Also does he want to become the enemy in Indy?

tooge
03-08-2012, 10:38 AM

yeah, I don't see him wanting to go play at Indy against Andrew Luck once a year for the next three years or so. No way. His legacy is set there, and he doesn't want to pull a Favre. Favre is now sort of hated in Wisconsin since he went to the vikes. I'm guessing Manning wants to stay away from that division all together.

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 10:39 AM
yeah, I don't see him wanting to go play at Indy against Andrew Luck once a year for the next three years or so. No way. His legacy is set there, and he doesn't want to pull a Favre. Favre is now sort of hated in Wisconsin since he went to the vikes. I'm guessing Manning wants to stay away from that division all together.

BINGO.

notorious
03-08-2012, 10:41 AM

Great point.

I also think he wants to avoid the AFC East circus. I would.

tooge
03-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Thats why I think the chiefs have to be the front runner unless his desire to play in a dome is so big that he chooses Arizona.

Epic Fail 007
03-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Jim bobs the ticket Im tellin you. And the notion they are just doing this to shut people up is the most stupid thing anyone can say. If you think that GTFO and just admit your a fan of a different team.

Molitoth
03-08-2012, 10:56 AM
this article has some good points

Posted by Mike Florio on March 8, 2012, 9:55 AM EST

APIt seems like everyone is playing “pin the team on the Peyton” in the wake of his release by the Colts. So I’ve applied my blindfold. (Pardon me if the typing reads like a string of Jim Irsay tweets.) And I’m ready to discuss Peyton’s next possible destination, in slightly more detail that I did on Wednesday’s edition of NBC SportsTalk.

Supposedly, a dozen teams have expressed interest in Peyton Manning. Frankly, a lot more should.

So here’s a team-by-team ranking, from those that should be most interested to those that should be least interested in putting Peyton on the roster, if the mutual goal for team and Manning is to win a Super Bowl.

This is simply our (my) opinion, not an attempt to gauge actual level of interest or to predict Peyton’s destination. In the end, that will depend on a variety of factors.

1. Texans: Instantly, the Texans would become the pick to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl, which will be played in Peyton’s hometown of New Orleans. The offense would require some tweaking and there could be danger of a Favre-style “schism” via the handling of Matt Schaub, but a mostly healthy Peyton would make the Texans a legitimate championship contender.

2. Chiefs: Last year, despite the torn ACLs and fractured relationship between coach and G.M., the Chiefs nearly won the AFC West. With Peyton, they’d win it going away. And they possibly would pump up their record to the point where the road to New Orleans would wind through Kansas City.

3. 49ers: The NFC equivalent of the Texans, the Niners nearly made it to the Super Bowl with Alex Smith. Add Peyton Manning, and they could win the next two or three. Unfortunately, coach Jim Harbaugh already has declared his commitment to Smith. Though plenty of coaches have said one thing and done another, Harbaugh has created the impression that he’s not like the rest of them. If he wants to win some Super Bowls, maybe he needs to be.

4. Seahawks: They’re closer than anyone realizes to becoming a great team, and Peyton would get them to that level. The biggest concern is the quality of the offensive line. And the goal of keeping Peyton from taking a lot of hits will now take on a greater level of importance, given the four neck procedures.

5. Cardinals: With Larry Fitzgerald, a better-than-advertised defense, and one of the best return men in the game in Patrick Peterson, the Cardinals would get a major boost toward the top of the mountain from Manning. But will ownership spend enough to put the pieces in place around him? More importantly, will ownership spend enough to even get him?

6. Cowboys: They need a vocal leader, and Peyton would give them just that. More importantly, Peyton could provide someone who likely won’t make a big mistake in a clutch moment of a key game.

7. Ravens: The ultimate revenge on Indianapolis would come from picking up Peyton in a Mayflower van and then winning a Super Bowl with him. The only problem is that, to pull it off, the Ravens would have to be prepared to forever lose Joe Flacco, who is in the last year of his rookie deal.

8. Broncos: They’ll make a run at Peyton, and for good reason. First, they have the defense and running game to contend; throw in a high-level passing game and they become very dangerous. But the Tebow factor will make this one awkward, to say the least. If Manning struggles at all, the Tebowmaniacs will revolt

1. I don't know Peyton personally, but I find it hard to believe that he wants to stick it to Irsay so bad that he will sign with a division rival. He has hated the Texans for 14 years. I know we've seen it happen before, but the release of Peyton Manning wasn't a nasty issue like the Favre debacle. Also, the Texans may lose Mario Williams, and are not close to having the cap numbers to attain Manning.

2. The Chiefs make the most sense, and I'm trying to write this without Bias. The 3 WR's could be amazing with a field general like Manning. Bowe has been arguably a top 5 WR in the NFL and that was with a bunch of scrub QB's that can barely throw the ball over 10 yards. With Manning, and all of the young talent on the chiefs offense... we could be looking at the 2003 team all over again, but with a MUCH better defense led by Crennel.

3. I don't see this happening, but I also don't find it that far fetched. They are a good team with a great defense. Manning to the 49ers would be scary.

4. If Manning chooses to go to the NFC, why in the living hell would he choose the Seahawks over the 49ers OR Cardinals??? Unless the Seahawks pull in Reggie Wayne and Manning is tied to Wayne, I just don't see the appeal in going to Seattle. People are talking about Manning wanting the good weather of a Dome, etc.... well Seattle's crisp wetness wouldn't seem appealing would it?

5. If Manning doesn't end up with the Chiefs, I'd could root for him in AZ. It's not a team I've ever despised, and Manning to Fitz would be fun to watch.

6. Say what you want about Romo, he's a top 10 QB in this league imo. Peyton is not going to Eli's arch rival, sorry Jerry but no Manning Jersey's for you to sell.

7. I just don't see it, although it would be a scary team if it happened.

8. The Tebow's? lol. The Broncos are a disaster, he's not going there.

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Thats why I think the chiefs have to be the front runner unless his desire to play in a dome is so big that he chooses Arizona.

Nope. Cant have a Manning VS Manning Super Bowl. They wont get in each others path to the SB. Its going to be an AFC team.

Also, does Peyton want to be viewed as a QB that can only play in a dome? Doubt it.

Of course, I can find all kinds of reasons why he should play for The Chiefs...lmao

Mr. Laz
03-08-2012, 11:02 AM
And a 36 year old QB coming off of a year off, a major injury and slow healing nerve doesn't have the chance to "bust"?
He certainly has a chance to bust but he is proven other than the medical and you can check that and he is only a short term solution. Not to mention that it's 'only money'.

A manning bust would effect the team for a much,much shorter duration than trading 3 1st rounders for a top draft QB.

ChiefsHawk
03-08-2012, 11:03 AM
tony dungy said the dome thing doesnt matter

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 11:03 AM

None of the recent reports suggest the nerve is slow healing at all.

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 11:04 AM
tony dungy said the dome thing doesnt matter

Yeah, that would make him a pussy, not a football player.

ReynardMuldrake
03-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Dolphins: Play against the Jets and the Pats every year
Texans: Play against the Colts and ruin your legacy with your old fans
Chiefs: Tons of cash to spend, guaranteed the AFC West with a big bow on top.

You have to think an easy path to the playoffs factors into his decision. In KC Peyton could sleepwalk into the postseason.

R8RFAN
03-08-2012, 11:12 AM

1.Dome

Just sayin.

Uniform looks better too

tooge
03-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Dolphins: Play against the Jets and the Pats every year
Texans: Play against the Colts and ruin your legacy with your old fans
Chiefs: Tons of cash to spend, guaranteed the AFC West with a big bow on top.

You have to think an easy path to the playoffs factors into his decision. In KC Peyton could sleepwalk into the postseason.

I agree with this, but one other, and that is Arizona. Dome, Fitzgerald, won't play Indy. I still think KC fits better, but for some reason I wouldn't discount the Cards.

patteeu
03-08-2012, 11:15 AM

There's no real humiliation here when so many teams are interested. It's not like Cassel believes or thinks anyone else believes that Manning wouldn't be an upgrade of epic proportions.

notorious
03-08-2012, 11:16 AM
I can see KC's extremely private and structured head office as being a positive for Manning.

Hopefully he likes BBQ.

jd1020
03-08-2012, 11:19 AM
"The latest news gives some indication about where Manning may land, with sources close to him letting it be known that he has “no interest” in playing for a team located in a cold weather city. While it doesn’t rule out teams like the Jets, the Seahawks, the Redskins, or the Chiefs by any means, it does seem to favor both the Cardinals and Dolphins, given the warm weather and ideal playing conditions in both cities."

ReynardMuldrake
03-08-2012, 11:19 AM
I agree with this, but one other, and that is Arizona. Dome, Fitzgerald, won't play Indy. I still think KC fits better, but for some reason I wouldn't discount the Cards.

Arizona would be a good fit, but I don't think he wants to see Eli in the playoffs so I'm thinking NFC teams are going to be less appealing to him right now.

Molitoth
03-08-2012, 11:23 AM
"The latest news gives some indication about where Manning may land, with sources close to him letting it be known that he has “no interest” in playing for a team located in a cold weather city. While it doesn’t rule out teams like the Jets, the Seahawks, the Redskins, or the Chiefs by any means, it does seem to favor both the Cardinals and Dolphins, given the warm weather and ideal playing conditions in both cities."

God damn it seems like every report that comes out contradicts another....

Chiefnj2
None of the recent reports suggest the nerve is slow healing at all.

Except for the whole fact that he missed a year of football because of it.

Robo-Chachi
Where is that from?

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Except for the whole fact that he missed a year of football because of it.

Seriously, sometimes I think you're just being stubborn to get a rise out of people.

Pay attention to the reports. The process was slow to start but is now progressing at a much faster pace than they anticipated.

Buckweath
03-08-2012, 11:25 AM

1.Dome

Just sayin.

Why oh why must people always think that every year will be the same story???

The Texans were a bottom 5 defense and arguably the very worst defense in the NFL in 2010. In 2011, they had probably a top 5 defense.

The Chiefs in 2010 with a healthy Jamaal Charles had arguably the best rushing game in the league, while in 2011 without Charles they had a below average rushing game.

Now, what makes you think that the Texans D and rushing game is better than the Chiefs going into next season. IMO, the Chiefs D can has the players and coach to be a top 5 defense and maybe the best defense in the league in 2012. Seriously, you put a Paul Soliai on our defense and it is really strong everywhere except for depth. The rushing game, I`m not so sure.

HemiEd
03-08-2012, 11:26 AM

They have come about as close to that as they ever will, under Pioli IMO. Very refreshing to see them at least discuss it.

Romeo scared me with the "Cassel was good in 2010" crap, when he was being "correct" at the news conference.

But it is pretty evident IMO that Crennel knows Cassel would not have gotten him the job, but could cost him the job.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
03-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Just heard that Clark Hunt has purchased a port-a-dome from the famous port-a-potty company and will have it installed over Arrowhead Stadium by Labor Day. This confirms everybodys suspicions that Peyton Manning will select the Chiefs as his new team! Buy your season tickets now before the supply runs out! Sincerely, Clark!

kepp
03-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Just heard that Clark Hunt has purchased a port-a-dome from the famous port-a-potty company and will have it installed over Arrowhead Stadium by Labor Day. This confirms everybodys suspicions that Peyton Manning will select the Chiefs as his new team! Buy your season tickets now before the supply runs out! Sincerely, Clark!

I bet Manning gets to flip the Occupied/Unoccupied lever.

mcaj22
03-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Why oh why must people always think that every year will be the same story???

The Texans were a bottom 5 defense and arguably the very worst defense in the NFL in 2010. In 2011, they had probably a top 5 defense.

The Chiefs in 2010 with a healthy Jamaal Charles had arguably the best rushing game in the league, while in 2011 without Charles they had a below average rushing game.

Now, what makes you think that the Texans D and rushing game is better than the Chiefs going into next season. IMO, the Chiefs D can has the players and coach to be a top 5 defense and maybe the best defense in the league in 2012. Seriously, you put a Paul Soliai on our defense and it is really strong everywhere except for depth. The rushing game, I`m not so sure.

you are contradicting yourself in this post. You write off the Texans defense with unknowns for next season and then show homerism in assuming the Chiefs defense will be good?

That same exact argument you made about the Texans defense being good can be said about the Chiefs, both could be bad based on injuries or whatever else unknowns. Both are solid young defenses, the Texans are just a little more well rounded that's all.

Chiefnj2
03-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Seriously, sometimes I think you're just being stubborn to get a rise out of people.

Pay attention to the reports. The process was slow to start but is now progressing at a much faster pace than they anticipated.

If he was healed and ready to go, why wouldn't he and Irsay have agreed to a 2-3 week extension of the bonus money?

Deberg_1990
03-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Peyton Manning: The Decision 2012

This Tuesday on ESPN @ 7 central.

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 11:39 AM
If he was healed and ready to go, why wouldn't he and Irsay have agreed to a 2-3 week extension of the bonus money?

Because the Colts are taking Luck and Manning doesn't want to deal with it. Irsay wanted concessions on practice snaps, etc. and Manning wasn't having it.

tk13
03-08-2012, 11:41 AM
The reason the Texans D got better was Wade Phillips. Never was a fan of him as HC, but he can coach a defense. They were a Super Bowl caliber D without Mario Williams, which is impressive.
Posted via Mobile Device

Valiant
03-08-2012, 11:42 AM

This unfortunately.

Would be awesome though.
But, no way egoli would get peyton signed in a week. Couldn't even do that with his own players.

vailpass
"I'm being totally objective about this and when I look at just the facts (insert your city here) makes the most sense for Peyton to play for/every city in America that wants Peyton

BigChiefFan
I'm going to laugh my ass off when he doesn't pass a physical.

notorious
03-08-2012, 11:43 AM
"I'm being totally objective about this and when I look at just the facts (insert your city here) makes the most sense for Peyton to play for/every city in America that wants Peyton

Truer words are rarely spoken.

Peyton fits everywhere because he really is that fucking good. Indy's amazing amount of suck this year proves it.

notorious
03-08-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm going to laugh my ass off when he doesn't pass a physical.

I will join you if there is a doctor for any team that would fail him.

tk13
03-08-2012, 11:56 AM
I think the Chiefs are absolutely serious. Pioli doesn't care what the fans think. There's no reason to think this is some elaborate spectacle just to make the fans happy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze
03-08-2012, 11:59 AM
I think the Chiefs are absolutely serious. Pioli doesn't care what the fans think. There's no reason to think this is some elaborate spectacle just to make the fans happy.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://cdn.babble.com/famecrawler/files/2010/11/airplane-quotes-leslie-nielsen.jpg

Bump
03-08-2012, 12:00 PM

1.Dome

Just sayin.

I don't see Manning going somewhere in the colts division, he's not gonna go full Brett Favre on his old team.

Dayze
03-08-2012, 12:04 PM
I think it's down to Arizona and Miami personnally. Miami weather; NFL would love to stuff a Brady/Manning matchup down our throats twice a year.

Possibly KC.
I don't see any way he wants to go to Denver.
not Houston - his legacy is huge in Indy. won't pull a Fav-ruh
Jets - no way. Doesn't way to interfere with Eli
Redskins - no way. Doesn't want to play Eli twice a year (alhtough the NFL would love it)
Seattle - possibly. But again, weather.
Don't think he'll go to any NFC team.

I could see a surprise team like Baltimore.

Bump
03-08-2012, 12:08 PM
no way he goes to Miami or Arizona, unless Pioli fucks it up. Peyton has to know that the Chiefs are the best possible fit for him, he's not stupid. DONT FUCK IT UP PIOLI!

Pioli needs to send the message and just cut Cassel right fucking now.

-King-
03-08-2012, 12:09 PM
If he picks a team based on weather, he can go eat a dick.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze
03-08-2012, 12:09 PM
If he picks a team based on weather, he can go eat a dick.
Posted via Mobile Device

that.

this is football...not baseball.

Quesadilla Joe
03-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland just took a 10 minute phone call and rushed off the UM practice field with Brian Gaines. Draw your own conclusions.

https://twitter.com/#!/OmarKelly/status/177813587199393794

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 12:14 PM

Running to counter offer?

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Peyton Manning reportedly has "no interest" in playing for a cold weather team.
That would theoretically eliminate the Jets, Broncos and Chiefs from the Manning mix. It would also hurt Seattle's chances. While the Seahawks aren't exactly a cold weather team, they play in the elements and deal with more weather issues than Arizona or Miami. This reports sounds speculative, but weather could be a tiebreaker for Manning.

ModSocks
03-08-2012, 12:15 PM

Running to counter offer?

Probably had to take a shit.

Dayze
yeah, have fun in Miami getting curb stomped by Brady again.

CoMoChief
I can see KC's extremely private and structured head office as being a positive for Manning.

Hopefully he likes BBQ.

Yeah i can see it now...

SP: Hi Peyton, what kind of mobile phone do you have?
PM: I have an iPhone
SP: Oh that's nice. Can I take a look at it?
PM: Uhh, sure I guess so, Why?
SP: Oh...............................................just because.

Okie_Apparition
03-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Miami is so fucked up
They'd cut Philbin(or whatever his name is) & replace him with Caldwell

Rausch
03-08-2012, 12:19 PM
yeah, have fun in Miami getting curb stomped by Brady again.

I'm ok with that...

CoMoChief
03-08-2012, 12:19 PM
I don't really see weather being a problem. I think that's overblown.

SuperChief
03-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Miami is so ****ed up

LOL @ the thought of coaches being cut.

Dayze
03-08-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm ok with that...

me too if he goes to Miami :D

bricks
03-08-2012, 12:21 PM
If its true that he doesn't want to play for a cold weathered team, then that means

his options come down to what? Miami & Arizona?

fart on that shit.

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Miami is so ****ed up

Is this for real?

Okie_Apparition
03-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Miami makes the Raiders look sane
that's one fucked up organization

lcarus
03-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Yeah i can see it now...

SP: Hi Peyton, what kind of mobile phone do you have?
PM: I have an iPhone
SP: Oh that's nice. Can I take a look at it?
PM: Uhh, sure I guess so, Why?
SP: Oh...............................................just because.

Peyton leaves the Chiefs offices. He sees Clark Hunt slide out from under his car, covered in oil.

PM: "Hey Clark, what are you doing under my car?"
CH: "Oh...you had a uh..rotor girder loose. Just fixin that for ya. That's what we do here in KC! We are a family and help eachother as such."
PM: "Gee, thanks......"

lcarus
03-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Great, now they're saying Peyton is "intrigued" with Arizona. **** my life.

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Great, now they're saying Peyton is "intrigued" with Arizona. **** my life.
Driving up the price...

Fritz88
Well, we're waiting....

http://mlkshk.com/r/4X0S

Chiefnj2
Come to KC:

Half of your career road playoff wins have come in Kansas City!

Carlota69
Miami makes the Raiders look sane
that's one ****ed up organization
Exactly. Thats why I dont see Miami has the front runners. They are a fucked-up organization.

Dayze
03-08-2012, 12:29 PM
just fly Charles and Bowe to Mannings crib
they could collectively ask him 'You ready to do this shit or what"?

lcarus
03-08-2012, 12:30 PM
On 610 they are saying Peyton and Arizona Cardinals have mutual interest in eachother. He loves Fitzgerald. Wants to bring in Reggie Wayne.

FU**!!!!! The Arizona ****ing Cardinals. Jesus Christ. God damn it. Really?

Okie_Apparition
03-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Ricky Williams flaked out on 'em & ran off to Tibet or some such shit
Saban became know as Satan after he left them
They went after Harbaugh & left Sparano hanging in the breeze(pretty shity)

Molitoth
03-08-2012, 12:31 PM
49er's are out. Report says they are focused on resigning Smith and aren't interested in Manning.

Dayze
03-08-2012, 12:32 PM
On 610 they are saying Peyton and Arizona Cardinals have mutual interest in eachother. He loves Fitzgerald. Wants to bring in Reggie Wayne.

according to who? not being inflamatory; just curious who 610 cited.

Brock
He and Whisenhunt are buddies too, apparently.

Rausch

He's harmless there...

In58men
03-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Peyton Manning

lcarus
03-08-2012, 12:33 PM
according to who? not being inflamatory; just curious who 610 cited.

I don't know, I just caught the tail end of it. Lets hope it isn't true, or hope it doesn't mean much.

Chiefnj2
03-08-2012, 12:35 PM
I really hope he goes to Denver. The reaction at this place will have me entertained for at least a year.

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Arizona has a lot of plusses. The one big minus would be that they are in the NFC.

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 12:37 PM
I really hope he goes to Denver. The reaction at this place will have me entertained for at least a year.

That's because you're convinced he's done. When he goes to Denver and takes them to an AFC Championship game while we're once again sitting on our thumbs in January, I hope you're entertained then too.

lcarus
03-08-2012, 12:37 PM

I already know what a majority of the reactions would be.
"Good luck with that brokeneck piece of old shit!"

and of course

"Romeo is the master of shutting Peyton down. This plays right into our hands."

Dayze
03-08-2012, 12:38 PM
why would Manning be worried about weather; if he's going to a team that has a chance to go to the playoff, he'll more than likely play in bad weather anyway.

Micjones
03-08-2012, 12:40 PM
why would Manning be worried about weather; if he's going to a team that has a chance to go to the playoff, he'll more than likely play in bad weather anyway.

I hope there aren't any legs to that story.

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 12:40 PM

If he goes to Arizona, he'll likely have to win in New York or Green Bay to make it to the Super Bowl.

lcarus
03-08-2012, 12:42 PM
If he goes to Arizona, he'll likely have to win in New York or Green Bay to make it to the Super Bowl.

Yeah, the weather nonsense just sounds like the media trying to cover every possible aspect of Manning's relocation.

aturnis
03-08-2012, 12:43 PM

1.Dome

Just sayin.

1. I don't think a dome is as important as everyone makes it seem. Peyton did seem to struggle in weather, but as much of that has to do with his team being built for a dome and turf as it has to do with Peyton inability to adapt.

2. Their defense is not better. Eric Berry is healthy and his replacements were a leaks like a syve. Add to that that a shitload of the yards and TD's the defense gave up were due to the offenses inability to stay on the field, move the ball, and continuously giving the other teams good field position.

3. Their running game is VERY similar to ours with a healthy JC and a new big back. I'd call it a wash, not that he cares about a running game.

4. AJ is better than Bowe, but our receivers as a whole are probably better, and not to mention we have the space to get Wayne and Saturday.

5. Why would want to fuck over Irsay, and how twice. The Colts cut the string, not Manning. Also, what would he do that to his fans.

6. Texans have Schaumburg and like him, I don't think they deal for him

Not only does KC make MUCH more sense, but Houston makes almost no sense at all.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2012, 12:44 PM
why would of Irsay already fired anyone that was part of the Manning support system if he was realistically looking to keep Manning?

You don't fire your award winning GM just to draft a new QB unless that GM doesn't want to change.

Irsay wants to move on

aturnis
03-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Also Romeo is a LOT like Dungy. Soft spoken, mild mannered, calm and wise. I think Romeo, along with the respect he'll undoubtedly receive from Manning for his defenses over the years would be a big plus for us.

Not to mention we're all ready to setup a new offensive system.

Chiefnj2
03-08-2012, 12:48 PM
That's because you're convinced he's done. When he goes to Denver and takes them to an AFC Championship game while we're once again sitting on our thumbs in January, I hope you're entertained then too.

2 road playoff victories in his entire career. 1 of which was thanks to Greg Robinson. People need to stop acting like he's some God, especially at this point in his career.

DeezNutz
03-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Saturday? Whatever. But why the fuck would we want Wayne? And being forced to add him would be annoying to say the least. Unless he would be coming as the #4 WR, which would be cool.

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 12:50 PM
2 road playoff victories in his entire career. 1 of which was thanks to Greg Robinson. People need to stop acting like he's some God, especially at this point in his career.

He's won 9 more playoff games than we have since 1998.

I don't know why you're so bitter. Hardly anybody here is suggesting he's a "god".

lcarus
03-08-2012, 12:51 PM

I don't know why you're so bitter. Hardly anybody here is suggesting he's a "god".

He's a greek god compared to Matt Cassel.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Evan Silva‏@evansilvaReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

From @Russellmania980 on ESPN: "From what I'm hearing...Manning's camp made it pretty clear to #Redskins that he doesn't want to come here."

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Now Todd Helton is going all Dwayne Wade

SCOTTSDALE — Todd Helton became the answer to a trivia question last fall when Peyton Manning’s surgically-repaired neck prevented him from starting for the Indianapolis Colts.

Until the Colts’ opener, when Kerry Collins filled in, Todd Helton had been the last quarterback to start in front of Manning. That was nearly two decades ago at the University of Tennessee.

The Colts released Manning on Wednesday in an emotional press conference, and the Broncos, according to our NFL folks at The Post, are expected to guage Manning’s interest by talking with his agent.

So of course, I asked Helton today if he would be recruiting his good friend, whom he worked out briefly with this winter on the Duke campus.

“First, I have to see where Peyton’s at,” Helton said. “If it came down to the Broncos and another team, I would probably talk to him.”

Helton was impressed, as most were, on how well Manning handled the good-bye press conference. He has no doubt that Manning will play again, and play well.

“He loves being a quarterback,” Helton said.

lcarus
03-08-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm still sticking to my thought that it's between Miami, Arizona, and KC.

lostcause
03-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Everybody that's nay saying the idea of signing Wayne does realize he would become the best WR on this team the moment he signed, don't they? Especially with Manning at QB.

ModSocks
03-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Everybody that's nay saying the idea of signing Wayne does realize he would become the best WR on this team the moment he signed, don't they? Especially with Manning at QB.

Lol wut?

lostcause
03-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Lol wut?

Because Bowe is better? Or Breaston?

Okie_Apparition
03-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Offer Atlanta a 5th for Gonzo before Wayne

Fritz88
03-08-2012, 12:58 PM
I said it before, AZ is a good fit for him.

bricks

I give Wayne the edge. Mainly, because he is more established and has accomplished a lot more.

I like Wayne better because he performs better under pressure.

But, then people can easily argue and say Bowe is just as good as Wayne.

It makes a huge difference when your quarterback is Peyton Manning.

Look at who Bowes quarterbacks were. Huard, thigpen, croyle, and Cassel. .

If he had Manning, it wouldn't surprise me if he performed just as well as Wayne.

In58men
http://img.tapatalk.com/a6898c65-0158-7e0c.jpg

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 12:59 PM

Whos that dude?

lcarus
03-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Whos that dude?

SportsRacer probably

Chiefnj2
03-08-2012, 01:00 PM

I'm not bitter. I'm sick of KC trying to take an "easy" way out of the QB situation. Draft and develop.

lostcause
03-08-2012, 01:01 PM
I give Wayne the edge. Mainly, because he is more established and has accomplished a lot more.

I like Wayne better because he performs better under pressure.

But, then people can easily argue and say Bowe is just as good as Wayne.

It makes a huge difference when your quarterback is Peyton Manning.

Look at who Bowes quarterbacks were. Huard, thigpen, croyle, and Cassel. .

If he had Manning, it wouldn't surprise me if he performed just as well as Wayne.

I would agree that Wayne has obviously had a better QB over his career than Bowe has and that Bowe is probably more athletically gifted. But Wayne is fast enough, runs precise routes and doesn't drop the f&#*(ing ball when it's near him.

siberian khatru
Whos that dude?

He's an NFL draft monster. Can't question those credentials.

Coogs
Peyton Manning reportedly has "no interest" in playing for a cold weather team.
That would theoretically eliminate the Jets, Broncos and Chiefs from the Manning mix. It would also hurt Seattle's chances. While the Seahawks aren't exactly a cold weather team, they play in the elements and deal with more weather issues than Arizona or Miami. This reports sounds speculative, but weather could be a tiebreaker for Manning.

Hell, it has been nice here all winter. And if worst came to worst we could always move things to Olathe for the next 3 or 4 years.

ShowtimeSBMVP

Benjamin Allbright‏@NFLDraftMonsterReply
Retweet

Peyton Manning to my #chiefs. Please let the rumor be true !

He is a chief fan so IDK about this

In58men
03-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Benjamin Allbright‏@NFLDraftMonsterReply
Retweet

Peyton Manning to my #chiefs. Please let the rumor be true !

He is a chief fan so IDK about this

But if it was Vic Lombardi saying Chiefs will not pursue Manning it'll be bc he's a donkey fan.

DeezNutz
03-08-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm not bitter. I'm sick of KC trying to take an "easy" way out of the QB situation. Draft and develop.

I agree with your general sentiment, but this just seems like a lost cause with this franchise for some reason.

Thus, we're forced to try to welcome or hope for the next best alternative. Frustrating.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Unless the Chiefs were planning on trading up for RGIII(doubtful) or actually taking Tannehill in round 1, Manning should have very little impact on drafting/developing a QB.

could signing Manning stop us from drafting Tannehill in round 1? Possible.

but that's really about it.

DeezNutz
03-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Unless the Chiefs were planning on trading up for RGIII(doubtful) or actually taking Tannehill in round 1, Manning should have very little impact on drafting/developing a QB.

could signing Manning stop us from drafting Tannehill in round 1? Possible.

but that's really about it.

But there's the problem. If we're not investing an early pick (first couple of rounds), can one claim that the organization is "really" trying? Does a fifth-round or even a third-round flier count? Eh...

whoman69
03-08-2012, 01:11 PM

That option isn't available now. For right now we have to look to develop Stanzi, hopefully get a QBotF in the window in which Manning is here and take the opportunity that we have. Giving up three years of first day picks is not a reasonable price. Thinking that we can offer equal value to the teams ahead of us is ludicrous.

BigChiefFan
03-08-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm not bitter. I'm sick of KC trying to take an "easy" way out of the QB situation. Draft and develop.I agree, but when you have a chance to replace Matt Cassel with Peyton Manning, you do it.

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 01:15 PM
I agree, but when you have a chance to replace Matt Cassel with Peyton Manning, you do it.
No shitROFL

KChiefer
03-08-2012, 01:18 PM
I agree, but when you have a chance to replace Matt Cassel with Peyton Manning, you do it.

How awesome would it be to have a QB that can audible.?

lcarus
03-08-2012, 01:18 PM

and a QB that can throw a football

Molitoth
03-08-2012, 01:19 PM

Real time offensive coordinator FTW!

Shag
03-08-2012, 01:30 PM

I don't think you'll get much argument on that, but history tells us that's not happening. If it's Manning vs Luck/RGIII, I'm all for drafting. If it's Manning vs Cassel/Stanzi/late round pick, then I'm all in for Manning...

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 01:31 PM
When will Manning throw?
Posted by Mike Florio on March 8, 2012, 2:19 PM EST
f
Peyton Manning has had his freedom for more than a day. His camp has been leaking all sorts of details to the media, including teams interested in acquiring Manning’s services and his timetable for picking a new one.

But there has been nothing regarding when — or if — he’ll be showing a team that he can throw the ball well enough to justify a significant financial investment, along with placement at the top of the depth chart.

Surely, no team will offer him a contract without seeing him throw in person, and not through a grainy, 27-second YouTube video. So why isn’t he at a team facility right now, showing what he can do?

Some in league circles wonder whether he’s simply not ready to throw, despite his readiness to join a new team. If that’s the case, all it takes is one owner (cough . . . Stephen Ross . . . cough) sufficiently desperate to sell tickets now to take the requirement that he prove his abilities off the table.

In the end, if Manning chooses Miami, that could be the reason for it. Ross could be the only owner who’ll pay him millions, sight unseen.

Other than, of course, Jim Irsay last August.

Could this be why Miami is the front runner. Willing to pay sight unseen?

ReynardMuldrake
03-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Where will Peyton Manning play football in 2012?

Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist: Arizona
I think the idea of playing inside some and playing with Larry Fitzgerald will be enticing. He will also avoid being in the same division with Tom Brady or his brother.I also think he has a good relationship with Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt from their days working together at the Pro Bowl.

Clark Judge, Senior NFL Columnist: Kansas City
GM Scott Pioli knows how difficult it was to beat Manning when Pioli was in Indianapolis, and Romeo Crennel already has expressed an interest. Suddenly, the Chiefs could have a passer to rival Philip Rivers within the division.

Mike Freeman, National NFL Insider: Kansas City
Manning would be welcomed as a hero and the football historian in him would love to play in a tradition-rich town starving for a champion.

Pat Kirwan, National NFL Insider: Miami
The owner has to sell seats, he has the money to sign him and Peyton can bring a few teammates.

Will Brinson, Senior NFL Blogger: Arizona
They've got a lot of things that should appeal to Manning: one of the best wide receivers in the game in Larry Fitzgerald, a productive running game with Beanie Wells, a retractable roof with indoor turf, nice weather, a relatively easy division to play in, a defense with lots of talent that really came on strong at the end of 2011, a coaching staff and front office with a history of working with a big-name veteran quarterback, and, of course, Darnell Dockett's parking spot.

Josh Katzowitz, Eye On Football Blogger: Washington
This seems like JUST the thing owner Dan Snyder will do. Mike Shanahan needs Manning to save his job, and this way, the Redskins don't have to pay an exorbitant fee to the Rams to draft Robert Griffin III.

Ryan Wilson, Eye On Football Blogger: Arizona
Larry Fitzgerald and a solid running game are the obvious reasons, and the Cards can improve the offensive line through the draft. Not that is has mattered historically, but the less-than-100-percent Manning might also appreciate that Arizona's defense is improving, too.

Dave Richard, Senior Fantasy Writer: Miami
The Dolphins are desperate to win on the field and off. They might not be as "championship ready" as other suitors for Manning, but they have an owner with a lot of money to spend and a stadium that needs selling out. Manning will be able to come in and do things his way and won't be able to pass up the chance to beat the Patriots and Jets twice a year.

Jamey Eisenberg, Senior Fantasy Writer: Arizona
The Cardinals have three things that should appeal to Manning. They play indoors, they have an elite receiver in Larry Fitzgerald with a solid supporting cast and in the NFC West, they have an easy path to the playoffs.

Gregg Doyel, National Columnist: Retirement
Peyton Manning ends up in his living room, watching his brother go for a third Super Bowl. Because when all's said and done, he's going to place more value on the certainty of staying upright long-term than the chase for another title in some new city with a new coach, new teammates and new fans.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17644545

R8RFAN
03-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Pioli : Soooo How much do you want Mr.Manning slurp slurp slurp
Manning: Oh I dunno, Maybe 20 mil guaranteed this year...
Pioli, (Zips Mannings Zipper back up) Thanks for talking to us, could you please validate our parking.

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 01:40 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17644545
LOL, especially the guy who picked Washington..and any NFC team for that matter.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2012, 01:41 PM
But there's the problem. If we're not investing an early pick (first couple of rounds), can one claim that the organization is "really" trying? Does a fifth-round or even a third-round flier count? Eh...
i understand but this year i don't think that's the case

Luck and RGIII extremely difficult/expensive to trade up and get
Tannehill shouldn't be taken in the 1st round imo
Weeden shouldn't be taken by us AT ALL

nobody else is going in the 1st round

If Manning costs us Tannehill then so be it.

We should be gearing up for a QB next year though. In fact trading back in the this year for for another 1st round pick next year would be awesome, if possible.

Epic Fail 007
03-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Just heard on nfl radio peyton told the redskins FU I don`t wanna play there,lol

Okie_Apparition
03-08-2012, 01:46 PM
You DOn't tell Dan Snyder no
Unless you have clout

ReynardMuldrake
03-08-2012, 01:48 PM
LOL, especially the guy who picked Washington..and any NFC team for that matter.

He's looking at it from the Redskins perspective. If you look at it from Peyton's perspective though, there's no logic in moving to Washington.

DeezNutz
03-08-2012, 01:51 PM

Weeden should be taken by us AT ALL

We should be gearing up for a QB next year though. In fact trading back in the this year for for another 1st round pick next year would be awesome, if possible.

I agree with all of this, though I think that acquiring Manning would mean we're staying put at #11 and shoring up the line.

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 01:59 PM

Weeden should be taken by us AT ALL

I'm not AT ALL sold on Tannehill. In fact, I'll go out on a limb and say Peyton Manning will be starting somewhere after Tannehill has disappeared from the league.

rico
03-08-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm not AT ALL sold on Tannehill. In fact, I'll go out on a limb and say Peyton Manning will be starting somewhere after Tannehill has disappeared from the league.

THIS!!!!!!!

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 02:46 PM

Yeah, Im not big on Tannehill.

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Apparently he's golfing with him today?

Marino thinks Manning fits in Miami, or anywhere else
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 8, 2012, 3:08 PM EST

Count the Dolphins’ greatest quarterback among those who think it’s time for another great quarterback in Miami.

Dan Marino said today that he’s delighted at the idea of Peyton Manning landing with the Dolphins, and he believes his old team would be a good fit as Manning’s new team.

“There’s great tradition there. We’ve had a couple off years but believe me, they’ll be back,” Marino told the Associated Press. “It’s a great franchise and they’ll get it turned around.”

Marino also made a good point about what kind of player Manning is, responding to the talk in some circles that Manning needs to land on a team with the right offensive system: If Manning is 100 percent healthy and the same player he was before last year’s neck surgeries, he doesn’t need to land in the right offensive system. He’ll make any offense the right system. The system will become the Peyton Manning system.

“I think he fits with anybody,” Marino said. “He’s one of the best to ever play the game at that position. So wherever he ends up playing, if he’s healthy, which is going to be important to Peyton, I’m sure he wants to go out there and play at a high level. Wherever he plays, he’ll be a huge impact for that team.”

Marino said he doesn’t plan to call Manning because he thinks Manning can make his own decision. It wouldn’t be surprising, however, if Dolphins owner Stephen Ross were to ask Marino to make the call: Manning has said Marino was his favorite quarterback growing up, and as the Dolphins try hard to woo Manning, a call from his childhood hero couldn’t hurt.

lcarus
03-08-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm just too anxious to see where Peyton will land. I have a good feeling for some weird reason that it will be us. Don't know why. I guess part of it is because history usually repeats itself and this would be like Joe Montana again.

lcarus
03-08-2012, 02:48 PM

Count the Dolphins’ greatest quarterback among those who think it’s time for another great quarterback in Miami.

Dan Marino said today that he’s delighted at the idea of Peyton Manning landing with the Dolphins, and he believes his old team would be a good fit as Manning’s new team.

“There’s great tradition there. We’ve had a couple off years but believe me, they’ll be back,” Marino told the Associated Press. “It’s a great franchise and they’ll get it turned around.”

Marino also made a good point about what kind of player Manning is, responding to the talk in some circles that Manning needs to land on a team with the right offensive system: If Manning is 100 percent healthy and the same player he was before last year’s neck surgeries, he doesn’t need to land in the right offensive system. He’ll make any offense the right system. The system will become the Peyton Manning system.

“I think he fits with anybody,” Marino said. “He’s one of the best to ever play the game at that position. So wherever he ends up playing, if he’s healthy, which is going to be important to Peyton, I’m sure he wants to go out there and play at a high level. Wherever he plays, he’ll be a huge impact for that team.”

Marino said he doesn’t plan to call Manning because he thinks Manning can make his own decision. It wouldn’t be surprising, however, if Dolphins owner Stephen Ross were to ask Marino to make the call: Manning has said Marino was his favorite quarterback growing up, and as the Dolphins try hard to woo Manning, a call from his childhood hero couldn’t hurt.

**** you Dan. **** you.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0jx1tYepN1r82nsi.gif

talastan
03-08-2012, 02:48 PM

Yeah Peyton, take advice from a QB who never won a SB. :rolleyes:

Dayze
03-08-2012, 02:49 PM
'great tradition'?

-King-
03-08-2012, 02:50 PM
I agree with your general sentiment, but this just seems like a lost cause with this franchise for some reason.

Thus, we're forced to try to welcome or hope for the next best alternative. Frustrating.

If we were passing over drafting a franchise QB in order to get Manning, I'd see the issue but as of right now, we're losing nothing to get him. We have no shot at the 2 real 1st round worthy QBs so I don't see the problem with getting Manning.

Getting Manning is NOT hoping for the next best alternative. It IS the best alternative.

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 02:51 PM
If we were passing over drafting a franchise QB in order to get Manning, I'd see the issue but as of right now, we're losing nothing to get him. We have no shot at the 2 real 1st round worthy QBs so I don't see the problem with getting Manning.

Getting Manning is NOT hoping for the next best alternative. It IS the best alternative.

Great post.

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 02:53 PM
From ESPN AFC West blog

Rest assured, Romeo Crennel is not crazy.

As expected, the Kansas City Chiefs have joined the scrum for newly free Peyton Manning. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Chiefs are one of 12 teams that have reached out to Manning’s representatives since he was released by the Colts on Wednesday. Denver is also among the teams to contact Manning’s folks. The Broncos did so soon after Manning was cut.

Manning
The Chiefs’ foray into the Manning sweepstakes is not unexpected. The Chiefs have been linked to Manning for weeks. At the scouting combine last month, Crennel, the Chiefs’ head coach, said he’d be “crazy” not to show interest in Manning if the quarterback became available. Manning is available, and Crennel is not crazy. Here are my thoughts why Manning would be a nice fit in Kansas City.

There is reason to believe Denver and Kansas City can be in this race for the long haul. Schefter reports that Manning, who wants to sign with a new team within in a week, would prefer to stay in the AFC. In addition to the Broncos and the Chiefs, among the reported teams that are interested in Manning that reside in the AFC are Miami and the Jets, and there could be others.

In addition to finances, Manning is likely going to base his decision on supporting cast, and the chance to win immediately. Both Denver and Kansas City could be attractive to Manning. Here are my reasons why Manning would be interested in Denver.

Folks, this deal can get very interesting if the Broncos and the Chiefs are serious about their interest. Stay tuned. I have a feeling news will develop quickly in this process.

talastan
03-08-2012, 02:55 PM
From ESPN AFC West blog

Rest assured, Romeo Crennel is not crazy.

As expected, the Kansas City Chiefs have joined the scrum for newly free Peyton Manning. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Chiefs are one of 12 teams that have reached out to Manning’s representatives since he was released by the Colts on Wednesday. Denver is also among the teams to contact Manning’s folks. The Broncos did so soon after Manning was cut.

Manning
The Chiefs’ foray into the Manning sweepstakes is not unexpected. The Chiefs have been linked to Manning for weeks. At the scouting combine last month, Crennel, the Chiefs’ head coach, said he’d be “crazy” not to show interest in Manning if the quarterback became available. Manning is available, and Crennel is not crazy. Here are my thoughts why Manning would be a nice fit in Kansas City.

There is reason to believe Denver and Kansas City can be in this race for the long haul. Schefter reports that Manning, who wants to sign with a new team within in a week, would prefer to stay in the AFC. In addition to the Broncos and the Chiefs, among the reported teams that are interested in Manning that reside in the AFC are Miami and the Jets, and there could be others.

In addition to finances, Manning is likely going to base his decision on supporting cast, and the chance to win immediately. Both Denver and Kansas City could be attractive to Manning. Here are my reasons why Manning would be interested in Denver.

Folks, this deal can get very interesting if the Broncos and the Chiefs are serious about their interest. Stay tuned. I have a feeling news will develop quickly in this process.

Let me guess....Bill "I love donkeys" Williamson right? :rolleyes:

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Let me guess....Bill "I love donkeys" Williamson right? :rolleyes:
ROFL Yep.

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Apparently, John Clayton is saying the only way Miami can possibly get the cap space to sign Manning is to restructure 2 of the biggest reasons everybody says Miami is a frontrunner - Jake Long and Brandon Marshall.

ChiefsHawk
03-08-2012, 03:04 PM
LACES OUT DAN YOU B!TCH

-King-
03-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Apparently, John Clayton is saying the only way Miami can possibly get the cap space to sign Manning is to restructure 2 of the biggest reasons everybody says Miami is a frontrunner - Jake Long and Brandon Marshall.

Whoa. Why hasn't this come up before? I just read this after reading your post:

2012 Miami Dolphins Salary Cap Projection

Miamidolphins_tiny by Mosul_DolFan on Feb 22, 2012 3:00 PM EST in 2012 NFL Free Agency

6 comments
Story-email Email
Printer Print

The Miami Dolphins restructuring Jake Long's contract could be one major way to save money for this year's free agency period.

Jeffry M Boan - APMore photos »

The Miami Dolphins restructuring Jake Long's contract could be one major way to save money for this year's free agency period.

So far this offseason, I have stayed away from the projection of the upcoming salary cap, and how much space the Miami Dolphins might have, simply because there are too many unknowns. I have seen projections of the flat cap, meaning the $120 million cap from last year will remain at $120 million for this year. I've seen projections putting it in the $126-128 million range. It's a very fluid environment, until the NFL announces exactly what it will be.

But, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel's Omar Kelly hass been crunching the salary cap numbers for the last week, projecting a $122 million salary cap. With that number in mind, the Dolphins are sitting right in the middle of the pack, in terms of money to spend.

The Dolphins, from Kelly's calculations, have a $117,416,173 cap number going into the 2012 season. However, the NFL allows team owners to request to exceed the cap by whatever amount they were under the cap the previous season, essentially using the surplus money from last year; Dolphins owner Stephen Ross has, reportedly, already received permission to use last year's surplus. Miami was $9,057,394 under the cap last year, meaning they can add that onto this year's cap.

So, with just that amount, the Dolphins, with a $122 million cap, would really have a $131 million limit. A team can also borrow $3 million against future salary caps, if they chose, meaning the Dolphins could go as high as $134 million, although that is not likely.

Star-divide

When you add it all up, the Dolphins have a projected $13,641,221 for this offseason. If you take out the estimated $5 million it will cost to sign the rookies from this April's draft class, Miami has about $7 million for free agency.

Of course, between now and the start of free agency, Miami could restructure contracts to reduce salary cap numbers (such as Jake Long's $12 million), or could release players.

Click here to see a full list of all 32 NFL team's salary cap situtation, according to Kelly. And, try to figure out how the Pittsburgh Steelers are going to get under the cap, from more than $27 million over the limit.

7 million compared to our ~21 million.

chiefs2012
03-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Peyton knows better than to compete vs Tom Brady year after year for the rest of his career. Miami would probably never amount to anything more than a wildcard. He will not go to Miami that is just stupid. The jets will be pretty damn good to...

lcarus
03-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Whoa. Why hasn't this come up before? I just read this after reading your post:

7 million compared to our ~21 million.

You all thought I was being cheap for no reason? Ha!

http://arrowheadaddict.com/files/2011/08/Clark-Hunt1.jpg

Omaha
03-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Jimmy Johnson ‏ @JimmyJohnson

Everything points to Manning signing with Miami..both sides want it..perfect fit!
Retweeted by Brandon Spano Show

Chief Roundup
03-08-2012, 03:16 PM

Doesn't make sense.

Every team in the league should of made that phone call except for maybe 5 to 10.

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 03:17 PM

Everything points to Manning signing with Miami..both sides want it..perfect fit!

Whatever.:rolleyes:

If The Dolphins only 7 mil in cap space and have to restructure for Manning, how will they also afford Wayne?

Mr. Laz
03-08-2012, 03:18 PM

jimmy johnson is a bias mother fucker and can lick my taint

MMXcalibur
03-08-2012, 03:20 PM

Everything points to me getting fucked by Michael Strahan..both sides want it..perfect fit!

FYP

lcarus
03-08-2012, 03:21 PM
jimmy johnson is a bias mother ****er and can lick my taint

I'm amazed that old ****er tweets

HemiEd
03-08-2012, 03:21 PM

He is bitter because he is the one that was saying "he is done and will never take another snap" in the Manning conversations a month or so ago.

Omaha
03-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Brandon Spano Show ‏ @BrandonSpano

Have been told that Manning's camp has called off talks with the Redskins and that he is not interested.

R8RFAN
03-08-2012, 03:32 PM
It's gonna be Miami

chiefs2012
03-08-2012, 03:33 PM
It's gonna be Miami

you don't have any credibility as a raiders fan

R8RFAN
03-08-2012, 03:33 PM
you don't have any credibility as a raiders fan

Ok then

ModSocks
03-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Ok then

lol

Dayze
03-08-2012, 03:58 PM
I wonder if Manning will announce his decision whilst doing situps in his driveway.

FlaChief58
03-08-2012, 04:03 PM

If he get's the QB, he will be able to afford an even nicer jet ;)

03-08-2012, 04:04 PM
I wonder if Manning will announce his decision whilst doing situps in his driveway.

Nah, he will do it from his Oreo competition with the Williams sisters.

tooge
03-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Brandon Spano Show ‏ @BrandonSpano

Have been told that Manning's camp has called off talks with the Redskins and that he is not interested.
in unrelated news

tooge
03-08-2012, 04:12 PM
All I can say is if he signs with Miami, I hope Brady owns his ass for the next 3 years. I love watching the fish take it in the ass

Dayze
03-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Humidity
Sunburn
Skin Cancer
Orange Bowl/Joe Robbie /Land Shark / Sun Life....make up your GD mind already.
crap BBQ (..no idea on this one...just dont' envision alot of people spending time smoking brisket in between all the clubbing, tanning, and salad eating)
A Fish On The Helmet with a scowl jumping through a circus hoop
Never win over the hearts of the fans who still love a QB who's last name also begins with the letter 'M'

that would be my anti-Miami sales pitch to Manning.

gblowfish
03-08-2012, 04:19 PM
All he cares about is having a decent offensive line!

http://i41.tinypic.com/309k5r5.gif

Dayze
03-08-2012, 04:22 PM

looks like the one on the right is a TE going in motion.

Epic Fail 007
03-08-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm just too anxious to see where Peyton will land. I have a good feeling for some weird reason that it will be us. Don't know why. I guess part of it is because history usually repeats itself and this would be like Joe Montana again.

Not really montana was going down hill when he signed. Montana hardly had ay top wr.

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Boy there is high expectations in SO FL right now. I almost want peyton to sign with Miami just so we dont have to witness a mas suicide in Miami....

Ok, No I dont. Fuck you South Beach!!!!!!!4321

Dayze
03-08-2012, 04:24 PM
i have zero desire to ever go back to south beach.

chiefs2012
03-08-2012, 04:24 PM
peyton and reggie expressed great interest in going to the dolphins. the deal is essentially done...

O.city
03-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Miami got Lebron. This is shit. They don't need Manning.

I'd think the fact that he could be somewhat lowkey here in KC. I know it's not gonna be Low key by any means, but KC is the most closely team resembling what he had in INDY.

Epic Fail 007
03-08-2012, 04:26 PM

Hey our line was 16th last yr do your homework. Cassel would make any line appear bad he hangs on to the ball too long.

Dayze
If he goes to Miami...he'll get owned by the Pats just like he did in Indy.

creating a further distance between Brady and Manning as cadidates for the GOAT.

Come to KC; win the division; go to another SB.

or

Go to Miami, fail to make the playoffs for 2 years or so. Retire.

Carlota69
peyton and reggie expressed great interest in going to the dolphins. the deal is essentially done...
ROFL

Brock
03-08-2012, 04:27 PM

They did?

O.city
03-08-2012, 04:28 PM
I know Wayne said that about Miami, but has Manning actually expressed any thoughts on this?

durtyrute
03-08-2012, 04:28 PM
I know some might be blinded by the light, but Miami is that much worse than KC. Hell, they beat the shit out of us. Yea, injury, sminjury, we lost. Maybe he does want to play Brady twice a year. If he is the competitor we think he is, why shy away from it? Plus, 50-90 degrees vs 20-70 degrees. I hope he does come here ( I have officially jumped on) but if he doesn't I can see why.

Now, if he goes to the fucking donks then,

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/29/128828171612029928.jpg

kcpasco
03-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Scott and Clark spotted in Miami washing Peytons car.

Micjones
03-08-2012, 04:32 PM
I know some might be blinded by the light, but Miami is that much worse than KC. Hell, they beat the shit out of us.[/IMG]

Any given Sunday. It was one game.
To your point though, no. We're not that much better.
Especially if Wayne joins him in Miami.

Brock
03-08-2012, 04:34 PM
I know some might be blinded by the light, but Miami is that much worse than KC. Hell, they beat the shit out of us. Yea, injury, sminjury, we lost. Maybe he does want to play Brady twice a year. If he is the competitor we think he is, why shy away from it? Plus, 50-90 degrees vs 20-70 degrees. I hope he does come here ( I have officially jumped on) but if he doesn't I can see why.

Now, if he goes to the fucking donks then,

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/29/128828171612029928.jpg

Miami isn't that much worse. But when I'm reading stupidity about how the Dolphins have all these weapons blahblahblah, I'm going to call bullshit. If he's afraid to play in real football weather, I don't want him here to begin with.

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Scott and Clark spotted in Miami washing Peytons car.
Well a jet did leave KC Airport and fly into the same airport Manning flew into yesterday, today. So it wouldnt surprise me.:D

ModSocks
03-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Miami isn't that much worse. But when I'm reading stupidity about how the Dolphins have all these weapons blahblahblah, I'm going to call bullshit. If he's afraid to play in real football weather, I don't want him here to begin with.

I agree.

ModSocks
03-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Well a jet did leave KC Airport and fly into the same airport Manning flew into yesterday, today. So it wouldnt surprise me.:D

That was my jet. Sorry for the confusion.

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 04:38 PM
That was my jet. Sorry for the confusion.

No problem. So what did Peyton say? Did you convince him to come to KC?

gblowfish
I haven't been through every one of the Peyton threads, but this one national guy with Yahoo thinks there's no freakin' way PM comes to KC. He thinks Houston, Miami and Washington are the front runners, out of 12 possible suitors. Here's a link to the article, and what he says about the Chiefs:

http://tinyurl.com/7oj3dd3

10. Kansas City Chiefs: New coach Romeo Crennel caused a stir at the combine by saying he “would be crazy not to consider” signing Manning were the quarterback to become available, which kind of sounded like tampering. In my opinion, Manning would be crazy to consider the Chiefs. Yeah, they have a big-time halfback in Jamaal Charles (coming off a torn ACL), a potential star in talented wideout Dwayne Bowe and some good players on defense, but there are plenty of reasons for Manning not to come to K.C. The first is the presence of newly hired offensive coordinator Brian Daboll – ask the Browns’ Colt McCoy how he thinks Manning might enjoy playing for such a coach. Another is general manager Scott Pioli, whose control-freak tendencies likely wouldn’t allow for a quarterback who desires near autonomy. (If nothing else Manning, were he to sign with the Chiefs, should keep his cell-phone number a secret.) I’m sure Manning is also thrilled that Pioli decided to waive veteran offensive lineman Brian Waters before the 2011 season. Waters jumped to the Patriots and made the Pro Bowl blocking for Tom Brady. Bottom line: I don’t see Manning in a Chiefs uniform, at all.

htismaqe
Any given Sunday. It was one game.
To your point though, no. We're not that much better.
Especially if Wayne joins him in Miami.

That game was a perfect example of the Cassel effect, though.

If the defense got in a hole, Cassel just crumbled.

We got the opening drive FG running the ball like 10 times in a row and not trying anything deep. On the 2nd drive, they shut that down and Captain Dump-off started throwing everything to the RBs. He got sacked a couple of times in the 3rd drive and the game was essentially over...

htismaqe
03-08-2012, 04:39 PM
I haven't been through every one of the Peyton threads, but this one national guy with Yahoo thinks there's no freakin' way PM comes to KC. He thinks Houston, Miami and Washington are the front runners, out of 12 possible suitors. Here's a link to the article, and what he says about the Chiefs:

http://tinyurl.com/7oj3dd3

10. Kansas City Chiefs: New coach Romeo Crennel caused a stir at the combine by saying he “would be crazy not to consider” signing Manning were the quarterback to become available, which kind of sounded like tampering. In my opinion, Manning would be crazy to consider the Chiefs. Yeah, they have a big-time halfback in Jamaal Charles (coming off a torn ACL), a potential star in talented wideout Dwayne Bowe and some good players on defense, but there are plenty of reasons for Manning not to come to K.C. The first is the presence of newly hired offensive coordinator Brian Daboll – ask the Browns’ Colt McCoy how he thinks Manning might enjoy playing for such a coach. Another is general manager Scott Pioli, whose control-freak tendencies likely wouldn’t allow for a quarterback who desires near autonomy. (If nothing else Manning, were he to sign with the Chiefs, should keep his cell-phone number a secret.) I’m sure Manning is also thrilled that Pioli decided to waive veteran offensive lineman Brian Waters before the 2011 season. Waters jumped to the Patriots and made the Pro Bowl blocking for Tom Brady. Bottom line: I don’t see Manning in a Chiefs uniform, at all.

Sorry dude, that's like 24 hours old. Manning has already told the Redskins he's not interested.

ModSocks
03-08-2012, 04:39 PM
No problem. So what did Peyton say? Did you convince him to come to KC?

Once I told him that he'd also be picking up Candy Wrappers he rushed to sign.

ModSocks
03-08-2012, 04:40 PM
That game was a perfect example of the Cassel effect, though.

If the defense got in a hole, Cassel just crumbled.

We got the opening drive FG running the ball like 10 times in a row and not trying anything deep. On the 2nd drive, they shut that down and Captain Dump-off started throwing everything to the RBs. He got sacked a couple of times in the 3rd drive and the game was essentially over...

Sorry dude, that's like 24 hours old. Manning has already told the Redskins he's not interested.

And I would like to add that that guy is clearly a fucking idiot.

chiefs2012
03-08-2012, 04:40 PM
I know Wayne said that about Miami, but has Manning actually expressed any thoughts on this?

yes, said miami has good pieces and place and would be happy to go there.

something along those lines

gblowfish
03-08-2012, 04:41 PM

I think his criticism of the front office is well taken, though. It would be interesting if he talked to Todd Haley as part of his vetting process.

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Once I told him that he'd also be picking up Candy Wrappers he rushed to sign.
Well he is a control freak.

Carlota69
03-08-2012, 04:42 PM

Well what is he suppose to say? "That team fucking sucks and their colors are gay"?

ModSocks

Yeah...BS

Link or it didn't happen.

htismaqe

He said that he hasn't given a SINGLE THOUGHT to where he's going to play next and that was after he arrived in Miami yesterday.

ModSocks
03-08-2012, 04:43 PM
their colors are gay"?

Another strike against the Dolphins, good point.

Jerm
Manning never said anything like that...all he ever said was that the Dolphins are a class organization with lots of history yadda yadda yadda.

kcpasco
Dan Snyder stalking Peyton after he told him no

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-08-2012, 04:44 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rqf6r10hmns?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rqf6r10hmns?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

chiefs2012
03-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Yeah...BS

Link or it didn't happen.

watch espn they will probably show it 34 more times before the end of the day

J Diddy
03-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Not really montana was going down hill when he signed. Montana hardly had ay top wr.

Montana didn't sign. He was traded to us.

Big difference

htismaqe
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rqf6r10hmns?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rqf6r10hmns?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

That's called "lip service". :rolleyes:

htismaqe
watch espn they will probably show it 34 more times before the end of the day

You should watch it, because you apparently didn't hear what he said.

J Diddy
03-08-2012, 04:50 PM
That's called "lip service". :rolleyes:

I don't know how interested I would be, if I was peyton, to go to a place where I'm recognized as the next Dan Marino not Peyton fucking Manning. Especially when Marino didn't win a ring.