PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request NC waiter fired for posting photo of Peyton Manning’s tip

R8RFAN
03-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Surely this didn't slip by you guys during Peytonfest

RALEIGH, N.C. — A waiter at a steakhouse in Raleigh was fired after he posted a receipt that showed Peyton Manning left a $200 tip at a restaurant near Duke University.
The receipt from the Angus Barn in Raleigh shows Manning left a $200 tip for a $739.58 tab that included 18% gratuity. The receipt was dated March 2nd.
Earlier that day Manning was filmed throwing on campus at Duke University.
According to NBC17, the photo of the signed receipt was first posted on Facebook. The owner of the Angus Barn, Van Eure, was not pleased and fired the server, according to the Triangle Business Journal.
“This goes against every policy we have,” said Eure. “It’s just horrible.”

http://myfox8.com/2012/03/09/nc-waiter-fired-for-posting-photo-of-peyton-mannings-tip/

Direckshun
03-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Holy balls.

Sign Peyton now.

Sofa King
03-09-2012, 09:27 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256959

R8RFAN
03-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Yea but this is a whole different subject now, because the guy fired him for it and we are gonna try to get his job back

Scorp
03-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Jesus Christ, Peyton's money is getting people fired.

Mile High Mania
03-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Another life lesson learned about what you do and don't do with social media and your job.

Hammock Parties
03-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Pics of Peyton Manning's tip?

R8RFAN
03-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Pics of Peyton Manning's tip?

http://localtvwghp.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/untitledd-2.jpg?w=400

J Diddy
03-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Holy balls.

Sign Peyton now.

If we sign Peyton, I'm going to move to Kansas City and become a waiter.

Predarat
03-09-2012, 11:02 AM
I read this somewhere else and there were people actually bitching that it wasn't enough. What the fuck is he supposed to do, tip them 10,000 fucking dollars?

jd1020
03-09-2012, 11:15 AM
I read this somewhere else and there were people actually bitching that it wasn't enough. What the **** is he supposed to do, tip them 10,000 ****ing dollars?

45% is not enough dude!

Mr. Flopnuts
03-09-2012, 11:24 AM
I read this somewhere else and there were people actually bitching that it wasn't enough. What the fuck is he supposed to do, tip them 10,000 fucking dollars?

LMAO He overtipped the shit out of that kid.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
03-09-2012, 11:25 AM
He should have thrown in an extra $0.42.

loochy
03-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Just the tip? Just a little? Just to see how it feels?

R8RFAN
03-09-2012, 11:27 AM
18% + 200 bucks

They are serving your food and keeping your glass full. WTF

bevischief
03-09-2012, 11:28 AM
LMAO He overtipped the shit out of that kid.

I agree. Dumbass got what was coming to him.

alnorth
03-09-2012, 11:29 AM
45% is not enough dude!

(math nerd) A lot of people are doing the math wrong, its closer to 42.3% (/math nerd)

Graystoke
03-09-2012, 12:03 PM
If we sign Peyton, I'm going to move to Kansas City and become a waiter.

Sorry that job is going to be filled by Matt Cassel.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-09-2012, 12:59 PM
wow, never seen a place stamp like that about the 18%. no wonder the owner fired him, he's a straight shooter.

vailpass
03-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Automatic gratuities piss me right off. They end up making less off of me than if it wasn't there. I don't even tip room service anymore unless they go way beyond.

Chiefspants
03-09-2012, 01:33 PM
18% + 200 bucks

They are serving your food and keeping your glass full. WTF

You and seven other tables, it also entails writing up customers' orders, traying their food, busing/cleaning their past tables, and running their food out, (this is usually while other tables are being sat and others are ready to check out.)

It also entails us keeping our items stocked, our silverware rolled, and assembling shakes and other dessert dishes. These tasks all have to be accomplished while we tend to the needs of about 30 customers. (There's usually four costumers per table, and I've juggled sections of seven to eight tables.) These responsibilities are also expected to be fulfilled throughout shifts up to eight hours. (I often worked doubles on weekends, however.)

Anyways, you drive a truck, right?

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Sorry, he deserved to be canned for that.

Baby Lee
03-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Jesus Christ, Peyton's money is getting people fired.

Hope by people you mean Castle.

suds79
03-09-2012, 01:44 PM
He should have thrown in an extra $0.42.

No Tippin Pippen would have left just $.042

alnorth
03-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Automatic gratuities piss me right off. They end up making less off of me than if it wasn't there. I don't even tip room service anymore unless they go way beyond.

If its just my table, I'd be annoyed too. However, in this case its obviously a huge party with a lot of people. I have no problem with automatic gratuities for huge parties, because when its one table you know you have to tip, but with a huge party sometimes everyone sort of slinks off thinking someone else will get the tip, or not wanting to adequately tip such a huge bill.

I wouldn't be put off at all with a lot of people, and if I wanted to tip 20% or 25% for a huge group of people, I'd understand why they have to have the automatic gratuity and just write in the extra 2% or 7%

R8RFAN
03-09-2012, 02:04 PM
You and seven other tables, it also entails writing up customers' orders, traying their food, busing/cleaning their past tables, and running the food out, (this is usually while other tables are being sat and others are ready to check out.)

It also entails us keeping our items stocked, rolling silverware, and crafting meals such as shakes and other dessert dishes while tending to the needs of about 30 customers. (There's usually four costumers per table, and I've juggled sections of seven to eight tables.) These responsibilities are also expected to be fulfilled throughout shifts up to eight hours. (I often worked doubles on weekends, however.)

I wasn't bashing them, and Yes I do drive a truck for about 80k a year... What's your point?

Chiefspants
03-09-2012, 02:10 PM
I wasn't bashing them, and Yes I do drive a truck for about 80k a year... What's your point?

Merely not, you just demonstrated an ignorance to what the job of a server fully entails.

(And, I was just ribbin' you about being a driver.) ;)

Jim Jones
03-09-2012, 02:11 PM

Totally. Kid's a complete idiot.

Chiefspants
03-09-2012, 02:11 PM

No argument there.

LiL stumppy
03-09-2012, 02:14 PM

Yea, until the bill adds up to 2-400 bones, and someone leaves you 20 bucks.

I only grat people when the bill is real high, or they are trashy or rude.

It's also funny, how everyone in the world claims to leave 20 percent, when push comes to shove, the majority dont.

That was a very nice tip by Manning

R8RFAN
03-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Merely not, you just demonstrated an ignorance to what the job of a server fully entails.

(And, I was just ribbin' you about being a driver.) ;)

I tip well too because I appreciate good service...

R8RFAN
03-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Automatic Gratuities are put on bills here with a party of 6 or more usually... Don't know their policy there.

I got a little ticked at a restaurant on the coast when we had 6 people and 3 of them were children under 10

I didn't pay it but I tipped my waitress nicely for her trouble

Thig Lyfe
03-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Yo like da tip of his dick??? no homo tho

loochy
03-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Automatic Gratuities are put on bills here with a party of 6 or more usually... Don't know their policy there.

I got a little ticked at a restaurant on the coast when we had 6 people and 3 of them were children under 10

I didn't pay it but I tipped my waitress nicely for her trouble

They should charge MORE for kids because they make terrible messes.

Don't get me started on people that take their kids to restaurants and don't clean up after themselves.

R8RFAN
03-09-2012, 02:37 PM
They should charge MORE for kids because they make terrible messes.

Don't get me started on people that take their kids to restaurants and don't clean up after themselves.

Bullshit, if you don't want kids in your place have the balls to put it on the front door...

Problem Solved

vailpass
03-09-2012, 02:39 PM
You and seven other tables, it also entails writing up customers' orders, traying their food, busing/cleaning their past tables, and running the food out, (this is usually while other tables are being sat and others are ready to check out.)

It also entails us keeping our items stocked, rolling silverware, and crafting meals such as shakes and other dessert dishes while tending to the needs of about 30 customers. (There's usually four costumers per table, and I've juggled sections of seven to eight tables.) These responsibilities are also expected to be fulfilled throughout shifts up to eight hours. (I often worked doubles on weekends, however.)

I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips, that's fucked up. That ain't my fault. It would seem to me that waitresses are one of the many groups the government fucks in the ass on a regular basis. Look, if you ask me to sign something that says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it, put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but what I won't do is play ball. And as for this non-college bullshit I got two words for that: learn to fuckin' type, 'cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big fuckin' surprise.

loochy
03-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Bullshit, if you don't want kids in your place have the balls to put it on the front door...

Problem Solved

I most certainly would.

vailpass
03-09-2012, 02:42 PM
If its just my table, I'd be annoyed too. However, in this case its obviously a huge party with a lot of people. I have no problem with automatic gratuities for huge parties, because when its one table you know you have to tip, but with a huge party sometimes everyone sort of slinks off thinking someone else will get the tip, or not wanting to adequately tip such a huge bill.

I wouldn't be put off at all with a lot of people, and if I wanted to tip 20% or 25% for a huge group of people, I'd understand why they have to have the automatic gratuity and just write in the extra 2% or 7%

I was under the impression they were at a nice steakhouse, where a $700 tab is 5-6 people. If it's a party of 12 or more that is different.

Room Service auto gratuities are for 1 or 2 people which is a rack of shit.

loochy
03-09-2012, 02:42 PM

If you decide to do a good job then I decide to give a tip. You guys are doing OK. If you weren't getting tips then either the restaurant would actually pay you OR people would stop being waiters.

R8RFAN
03-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Automatic gratuities are wrong because you reward some people that suck at their job...

If you can't afford to leave a decent tip to someone who does you a good job then you shouldn't be eating out in my opinion...

When you do tip good the wait staff remembers you... You drinks seem a bit stronger and your food is hotter, sometimes the steak looks bigger..

Being nice pays off in the long run...

R8RFAN
03-09-2012, 02:45 PM
I most certainly would.

You would go under soon once the twitter and facebookers were on your ass like a bees on a rotten apple too.

Screaming kids I agree, Kids that spill their drinks I don't ,that's your job... Deal with it.

Don't get a job dealing with the public if you can't handle the public.

Chiefspants
03-09-2012, 02:54 PM
If you decide to do a good job then I decide to give a tip. You guys are doing OK. If you weren't getting tips then either the restaurant would actually pay you OR people would stop being waiters.

And, I completely agree with that assertion, my aggravation arises from impatient individuals who seem to forget that I'm serving fifteen-thirty other customers. I once had a man grab me by the elbow (on a BUSY night, I believe it was during the Arkansas-KSU game,) to tell me he was going to storm out of the restaurant if he didn't receive his food in the next minute. (He apparently had plans to see a movie.) And, unfortunately, I encounter these individuals all too often while working as a server. While it seems simplistic on the service, (that's actually why I applied for the job.) it's actually quite a demanding and draining line of work.

However, for all of its drawbacks, overall, I've found the job to be incredibly rewarding. For every unreasonable customer, there are at least five others who definitely make the job worthwhile. I have now spent over a year serving at Village Inn and Applebees, and I plan to work at the latter throughout my time at the University of Kansas.

Moneywise, I cannot complain either, I make more in a day at Applebees than I did over an entire week at Little Caesars. (Now that job was truly horrendous.)

loochy
03-09-2012, 02:55 PM
You would go under soon once the twitter and facebookers were on your ass like a bees on a rotten apple too.

Screaming kids I agree, Kids that spill their drinks I don't ,that's your job... Deal with it.

I don't have a job that deals with the public.

loochy
03-09-2012, 02:58 PM
And, I completely agree with that assertion, my aggravation arises from impatient individuals who seem to forget that I'm serving fifteen-thirty other customers. I once had a man grab me by the elbow (on a BUSY night, I believe it was during the Arkansas-KSU game,) to tell me he was going to storm out of the restaurant if he didn't receive his food in the next minute. (He apparently had plans to see a movie.) And, unfortunately, I encounter these individuals all too often while working as a server. While it seems simplistic on the service, (that's actually why I applied for the job.) it's actually quite a demanding and draining line of work.

However, for all of its drawbacks, overall, I've found the job to be incredibly rewarding. For every unreasonable customer, there are at least five others who definitely make the job worthwhile. I have now spent over a year serving at Village Inn and Applebees, and I plan to work at the latter throughout my time at the University of Kansas.

Moneywise, I cannot complain either, I make more in a day at Applebees than I did over an entire week at Little Caesars. (Now that job is truly horrendous.)

For what it's worth, I rarely have bad waiters. If it's obviously busy I don't get mad. Hell, even if I get the wrong food I don't have a problem...just as long as some effort is made to fix it. The only times I've not tipped are when the waiter is rude or when I'm getting ignored and I can see them off talking and laughing with their waiter friends. I also tip attractive females less.

vailpass
03-09-2012, 02:58 PM

For the most part, yes. But some can and do bar kids. Somebody posted one of those on here a while back, can't remember the name of the place now.

vailpass
03-09-2012, 03:00 PM

Moneywise, I cannot complain either, I make more in a day at Applebees than I did over an entire week at Little Caesars. (Now that job was truly horrendous.)

Nobody has the right to grab you by the elbow or touch you in any other way. How some people don't understand that a server's revenge is visited upon them unawares is beyond me.
Good on you for working your way through school.

loochy
03-09-2012, 03:00 PM
For the most part, yes. But some can and do bar kids. Somebody posted one of those on here a while back, can't remember the name of the place now.

I'd definitely be a patron of such an establishment

vailpass
03-09-2012, 03:01 PM
I'd definitely be a patron of such an establishment

Understandable.

Chiefspants
03-09-2012, 03:02 PM
I also tip attractive females less.

Rofl, You're one of the few, I have seen guys leave 10-20 dollar tips a waitress flirted with them. Our most attractive girl at Applebees, (In my opinion), would often walk out with over $100 a night.

In fact, at Village Inn, we had an old geezer who slip our waitresses a fifty if they allowed him to hug them, (and grope them in the process). Man, I am unsure if I can describe the devastation on his expression when he saw me sauntering up to his table, (the waitresses always gave him to me.) For what it's worth, he did leave me five dollars. (Andm he didn't even ask for a hug!)

R8RFAN
03-09-2012, 03:06 PM

You deserve every penny you make, it's not an easy job to be pleasant when people are assholes.