PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Clark Hunt says Chiefs are after Manning

DeepSouth
03-09-2012, 02:19 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/03/09/3480067/clark-hunt-says-chiefs-are-after.html

Chairman Clark Hunt has acknowledged the Chiefs are pursuing quarterback Peyton Manning.

“He’s one of the greatest players in the history of the league,” Hunt said on an interview on the NBC Sports Network that will air at 6 p.m. Central. “He’s also an incredible person. We feel really good about the team we have in Kansas City going into the 2012 season, but we’ll look for any opportunity to improve and, of course, that includes Peyton Manning.

“I would think that he will be looking for the situation that fits him best. I don’t know how important money will be to him, but I’m sure it will be part of the equation. But he’s going to be looking for an environment that he’s comfortable in.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/03/09/3480067/clark-hunt-says-chiefs-are-after.html#storylink=cpy

The Franchise
03-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Anyone have a Peyton Manning thread we can put this into?

Dayze
03-09-2012, 02:20 PM
this is brand new information.
thanks Scoop.

Dayze
03-09-2012, 02:21 PM

if there is, it definitely wouldn't be on the front page of the board.

Rain Man
03-09-2012, 02:22 PM
You da man, clark. Go!

DMAC
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/tom-haverford-gif.gif

Dayze
LMAO

SuperChief
03-09-2012, 02:24 PM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/tom-haverford-gif.gif

That's fucking hilarious.

RealSNR
03-09-2012, 02:24 PM
That last bit I translate as, "I don't know how important money is to him, but if he thinks we're breaking the bank to acquire his services, he's got another thing coming. We're still committed to signing our returning players and making a splash in free agency in other ways."

Mr_Tomahawk
03-09-2012, 02:26 PM
What thread am I suppose to post updates in?

Or should I start a new thread for every report?

bevischief
03-09-2012, 02:26 PM

Send to DC.

ReynardMuldrake
03-09-2012, 02:28 PM

Better start two, just to be sure.

Okie_Apparition
03-09-2012, 02:28 PM
I haven't got the Tebow, It's Raining Mannings video done yet

wazu
03-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Yeah, Peyton may not have any trips to KC planned, but I'll bet Clark had somebody send him a really nice e-mail.

Predarat
03-09-2012, 02:30 PM

Well done!

Wallcrawler
03-09-2012, 02:31 PM
I took that last part from Clark "I dont know how important money will be to him" as Clark saying the Chiefs have the most money available to offer, and if we dont get him its because he wanted a situation he felt more comfortable in.

If its only about money, KC wins.

Strongside
03-09-2012, 02:33 PM

New thread, for sure.

Your mortgage is upside down? New thread.

Your son's middle name is the same as Peyton Manning's? New Thread.

Wiped your ass and checked the poo coloration on the paper only to see Manning's face miraculously appear in your shit smear and think it's an omen that the Chiefs are signing him? You're fucking stupid. New Thread.

Thig Lyfe
03-09-2012, 02:34 PM
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/tumblr_ll44u06MGa1qzua91o1_500.gif

Mr_Tomahawk
03-09-2012, 02:36 PM
^^ Not as funny when it is sped up...need the longer version too ^^

SuperChief
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/tumblr_ll44u06MGa1qzua91o1_500.gif

FTR, this is BY FAR the most worthwhile post you've had on here in months.

Just paying it forward.

loochy
New thread, for sure.

Your mortgage is upside down? New thread.

Your son's middle name is the same as Peyton Manning's? New Thread.

Wiped your ass and checked the poo coloration on the paper only to see Manning's face miraculously appear in your shit smear and think it's an omen that the Chiefs are signing him? You're fucking stupid. New Thread.

This new guy is very un-n00bish. Are you a mult?

Thig Lyfe
03-09-2012, 02:37 PM
FTR, this is BY FAR the most worthwhile post you've had on here in months.

Just paying it forward.

Peyton Manning

SuperChief
03-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Peyton Manning

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/230637_10150189258355825_710000824_7090888_6754227_n.jpg

Thig Lyfe
03-09-2012, 02:47 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/230637_10150189258355825_710000824_7090888_6754227_n.jpg

Dermatology

Oh Snap
03-09-2012, 02:48 PM

This place is full blown retard because of people like you.

Not everyone lives on this forum like you people. Some of us actually have lives outside of this place you call home.

I have neither the time, nor the desire to go through each and every page for "new" information just so I can gain some insight on what is actually occuring. Nor do I care to see the dumb****ery of troll posts that usually follows from thread to thread, page to page, etc.

Some of you people need to get the **** off here and enjoy the outside world.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-09-2012, 02:48 PM
That last bit I translate as, "I don't know how important money is to him, but if he thinks we're breaking the bank to acquire his services, he's got another thing coming.

+1

DMAC
03-09-2012, 02:49 PM

Not everyone lives on this forum like you people. Some of us actually have lives outside of this place you call home.

I have neither the time, nor the desire to go through each and every page for "new" information just so I can gain some insight on what is actually occuring. Nor do I care to see the dumb****ery of troll posts that usually follows from thread to thread, page to page, etc.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zm9BB0bekgw/Tw4oVej03TI/AAAAAAAAAms/EaK-LqQK-Xs/s1600/Carl-Winslow-Shocked-Gif.gif

loochy
03-09-2012, 02:50 PM

Oh Snap

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/10/5/128676827960773029.jpg

Thig Lyfe

http://i.imgur.com/eSX5q.gif

lcarus

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm at work. This site IS the outside world for me in my little dungeon.

Strongside
03-09-2012, 02:51 PM
This new guy is very un-n00bish. Are you a mult?

No, I've been a long-time lurker. Like 8 years now. I have been a member over at HOTC and chiefswarpath.com before that for a really long time. I love CP, but never joined up for whatever reason. This Manning-stravaganza sent me over the top. I had to partake.

Oh Snap
03-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Oh Snap

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd50/lcdlove/oh-snap.jpg

Perfect example of what I'm talking about.

enjoy your social reject goals for 2012!!!

Ming the Merciless
03-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Not everyone lives on this forum like you people.

Dear Sir,

I dont live here you mother fucker , I'm just staying here till I get my stack built back up and can get back in the game. You people? You racist piece of shit. Just because I'm Irish / Welsh doesn't make me a bad person. Please fuck off.

Respectfully,

PawnMower

PS: Peyton Manning

Thig Lyfe
03-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Perfect example of what I'm talking about.

enjoy your social reject goals for 2012!!!

What's a social reject goal?

Dayze
03-09-2012, 02:57 PM
it's sort of like a soccer goal, but wider.

Oh Snap
03-09-2012, 03:03 PM
I can't speak for everyone, but I'm at work. This site IS the outside world for me in my little dungeon.

Understandable. But christ, some of the people here are a bit too much. I didn't know about the info in the OP. I'm not about to go through a 20+ page thread just to learn what I did from this thread here...Hate it all you want (not you particularly) but believe it or not, some of us only come only to see the OP of certain threads that catch our attention.

I mean, cot damn! I'm all about having fun and what not, but this is a goddamn football forum where we are supposed to discuss football related material. Go troll 4-chanif that is what you like to do for your spare time.

DMAC
03-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Understandable. But christ, some of the people here are a bit too much. I didn't know about the info in the OP. I'm not about to go through a 20+ page thread just to learn what I did from this thread here...Hate it all you want (not you particularly) but believe it or not, some of us only come only to see the OP of certain threads that catch our attention.

I mean, cot damn! I'm all about having fun and what not, but this is a goddamn football forum where we are supposed to discuss football related material. Go troll shhhh if that is what you like to do for your spare time.

Perhaps you should calm down.

Dayze
you've lurked for this long and didn't realize the sarcasm that would be headed your way?

loochy
Understandable. But christ, some of the people here are a bit too much. I didn't know about the info in the OP. I'm not about to go through a 20+ page thread just to learn what I did from this thread here...Hate it all you want (not you particularly) but believe it or not, some of us only come only to see the OP of certain threads.

I mean, cot damn! I'm all about having fun and what not, but this is a goddamn football forum where we are supposed to discuss football related material. Go troll shhhh if that is what you like to do for your spare time.

:eek:

Molitoth
03-09-2012, 03:17 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kvahcfkPl11qzado8o1_500.gif

FAX
03-09-2012, 03:19 PM

I mean, cot damn! I'm all about having fun and what not, but this is a goddamn football forum where we are supposed to discuss football related material. Go troll 4-chanif that is what you like to do for your spare time.

I've told 'em and told 'em, Mr. Oh Snap.

They just don't listen.

FAX

loochy
03-09-2012, 03:19 PM

You seriously didn't know that the Chiefs want Peyton Manning?

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-09-2012, 03:21 PM

Oh snap

loochy
03-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Oh snap

Q

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-09-2012, 03:22 PM
You seriously didn't know that the Chiefs want Peyton Manning?

Wait... wut? When the fuck did this shit happen???

I miss everything.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Q

damn it

FAX
03-09-2012, 03:24 PM
This could get pretty confusing and potentially awkward.

In their meeting, does Manning kiss Pioli's ring first or is it the other way around?

FAX

Strongside
03-09-2012, 03:25 PM

In their meeting, does Manning kiss Pioli's ring first or is it the other way around?

FAX

I keep seeing the "offer he can't refuse" clip from the Godfather.

loochy
03-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Manning will drop a candy wrapper and the whole deal will be off.

Thig Lyfe
03-09-2012, 03:30 PM
damn it

Peyton Manning

Dayze
03-09-2012, 03:30 PM

I evnsion contract talks with a group of people. Peyton breaks out his Juicy Fruit, and toss the wrapper on the floor and continues talking.

meanwhile, everyone in the room ges very tense; and Pioli, still smiling and listening to Manning, begins to sweat profusely from his brow.

DMAC
03-09-2012, 03:33 PM
I evnsion contract talks with a group of people. Peyton breaks out his Juicy Fruit, and toss the wrapper on the floor and continues talking.

meanwhile, everyone in the room ges very tense; and Pioli, still smiling and listening to Manning, begins to sweat profusely from his brow.

ROFL We should make a low budget movie I tell ya

Just Passin' By
03-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Any information on whether the Chiefs might have any interest in Peyton Manning?

Thig Lyfe
03-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Any information on whether the Chiefs might have any interest in Peyton Manning?

Peyton Manning

BoneKrusher
03-09-2012, 03:45 PM

no, just rumors

suzzer99
03-09-2012, 03:55 PM
GODDAMIT THIS IS KILLING ME. It's like Christmas X infinity, except that you either get the best present ever or more than likely get kicked in the nuts.

BoneKrusher
03-09-2012, 04:01 PM
i've read several places that The Broncos, Dolphins and Cards are the three front runners.

what i would like to know is this:
has Manning or his agent said he isnt intrested in the chiefs?

talastan
03-09-2012, 04:02 PM
GODDAMIT THIS IS KILLING ME. It's like Christmas X infinity, except that you either get the best present ever or more than likely get kicked in the nuts.

THIS X !!!!!!111111111101001010000billizionOMGAAaaahhh

Just Passin' By
03-09-2012, 04:18 PM

Better buy a cup....

Easy 6
03-09-2012, 04:31 PM
So, word is we've offered him a contract but have yet to meet with him? that sounds a bit odd.

Yet he has scheduled meetings with dinver, zona & miami... :hmmm:... i dont like it.

When does he sit down with the KC braintrust?

htismaqe
03-09-2012, 04:32 PM
So, word is we've offered him a contract but have yet to meet with him? that sounds a bit odd.

Yet he has scheduled meetings with dinver, zona & miami... :hmmm:... i dont like it.

Next year, when the Broncos are visiting Arrowhead...

Chiefs Pantalones
03-09-2012, 04:33 PM

Yeah I'm starting to think it's a no. Oh well, CASSEL FO LIFE!

J Diddy
03-09-2012, 04:35 PM
I think there is a simple solution to this. Just have Pioli call up Peyton and say sign on the dotted line or we put a bounty on not only you but your brother as well.

Easy 6
03-09-2012, 04:36 PM

:harumph:

ROYC75
03-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Again, I think some talks have already taken place with Tom Condon. Why else would the Chiefs deny any interview with Ryan Lilja and Pioli being so quiet about it ?

I think KC will be his last visit on Sunday or Monday! And no, I just don't see the Cardinals being a viable place for Peyton, Archie wants both of his boys in the SB game together, not one knocking the other out of it.

Peyton knows thew AFC better, I think he chooses an AFC team for these reasons. Miami's front office is a mess, none of the good coaches wanted to go there. They have a rookie HC now that is sold on the GB offense. Miami has a lot of talent, but it's not really any better than KC's, even at best. I don't Miami has more cap space than KC has. They have a good D, Miami did come on strong towards the end of last year, but do you think Peyton wants to face Brady twice a year & the playoffs ? Plus the Jets & Bills to duke it out for a # 1 seed when the AFC West would be an easier route to the # 1 seed ?

That leaves KC & Denver ? Who has a more crazier fan base than KC does? Indy was a laid back Midwestern town, so is KC.

Vacation condos in So Beach are vacation homes, just not the type of home to live year round for a laid back family man.

BossChief
03-09-2012, 05:04 PM

So, you basically have no interest in being part of this community or partake in it's over decade long customs because it doesn't suotcyour personal style of time allotments?

Well, bye.

www.chiefscoalition.com

There ya go, you'll feel right at home with the rest of the half wits.

Buh bye

TEX
03-09-2012, 05:15 PM

This.

loochy
03-09-2012, 05:20 PM
So, you basically have no interest in being part of this community or partake in it's over decade long customs because it doesn't suotcyour personal style of time allotments?

Well, bye.

www.chiefscoalition.com

There ya go, you'll feel right at home with the rest of the half wits.

Buh bye

Oh Snap

bevischief
03-09-2012, 05:25 PM

FAX

His ass.

lcarus
03-09-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm starting to smell something rather strong. What is it? Let me peak around the corner here to get a good look.

Well what do ya know? It's a GIGANTIC CROCK OF FUCKING SHIT BEING STIRRED BY CLARK GOD DAMN HUNT. YOU AREN'T GETTING ANOTHER PENNY FROM ME UNTIL YOU GET AN ELITE GOD DAMNED QB YOU PUMPKIN PIE HAIRCUTTED COCK WEASEL.

Thig Lyfe
03-09-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm starting to smell something rather strong. What is it? Let me peak around the corner here to get a good look.

Well what do ya know? It's a GIGANTIC CROCK OF FUCKING SHIT BEING STIRRED BY CLARK GOD DAMN HUNT. YOU AREN'T GETTING ANOTHER PENNY FROM ME UNTIL YOU GET AN ELITE GOD DAMNED QB YOU PUMPKIN PIE HAIRCUTTED COCK WEASEL.

Peyton Manning

lcarus
03-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Peyton Manning

It's over dude. :(

lcarus
03-09-2012, 05:31 PM
By the way Clark. I hate your gay shoes too.

"These shoes are worth more than your life."

F YOU CLARK.

Epic Fail 007
03-09-2012, 05:32 PM
@scott free Manning was in kc last night no media knew it.

lcarus
03-09-2012, 05:33 PM
@scott free Manning was in kc last night no media knew it.

Bull butter

Thig Lyfe
It's over dude. :(

Peyton Manning

Pasta Little Brioni
Rev up the Orton Yugo...

bevischief
03-09-2012, 05:35 PM

Shut up.

Buck
03-09-2012, 05:36 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/15965447.jpg

58-4ever
03-09-2012, 05:38 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/15965447.jpg

cool Photoshop Buck. :thumb:

you dumb fuck.

Setsuna
03-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Sports Racer is the most retarded fuck to ever be a member of CP since it's creation.

Buck
03-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Sports Racer is the most retarded fuck to ever be a member of CP since it's creation.

Clearly you don't know who Midnight_Vulture is.

Dylan
03-09-2012, 05:44 PM

LMAO

Bill Lundberg
03-09-2012, 05:53 PM
I took that last part from Clark "I dont know how important money will be to him" as Clark saying the Chiefs have the most money available to offer, and if we dont get him its because he wanted a situation he felt more comfortable in.

If its only about money, KC wins.

I took it the exact opposite. A cheapskate owner hoping his situation is the best and he doesn't have to get into a bidding war. Getting in front of the national media to make it look like we gave it our all so when shit goes south you can't say he didn't try.

When was the last time KC won a bidding war? Never, we just don't operate that way.

stonedstooge
03-09-2012, 05:54 PM
I took it the exact opposite. A cheapskate owner hoping his situation is the best and he doesn't have to get into a bidding war. Getting in front of the national media to make it look like we gave it our all so when shit goes south you can't say he didn't try.

When was the last time KC won a bidding war? Never, we just don't operate that way.

Clark's bidding on a new jet, not Manning

Easy 6
03-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Sports Racer is the most retarded **** to ever be a member of CP since it's creation.

Thats not true, he can actually be pretty funny sometimes.

BigMeatballDave
03-09-2012, 06:03 PM

Slow your roll, n00b

Thig Lyfe
03-09-2012, 06:09 PM

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzgswrnzDU1r0ztafo3_400.gif

RealSNR
03-09-2012, 06:14 PM

When was the last time KC won a bidding war? Never, we just don't operate that way.He's absolutely not being aggressive enough. This little press thing is a pussyfoot way of going about seducing Peyton.

Look around. Bowlen's not hiding anything. And that's what Peyton is being drawn towards.

Just for once I'd like a Chiefs GM who can formulate nuance in their negotiating styles. Not everything is about fucking secrecy.

Right now this Peyton thing is a dick-swinging contest. Clark showed up late and is refusing to take his pants off. So fucking frustrating.

vailpass
03-09-2012, 06:15 PM

LMAO that's funny

vailpass
03-09-2012, 06:20 PM

You guys had to run Skip off....

Easy 6
03-09-2012, 06:22 PM
He's absolutely not being aggressive enough. This little press thing is a pussyfoot way of going about seducing Peyton.

Look around. Bowlen's not hiding anything. And that's what Peyton is being drawn towards.

Just for once I'd like a Chiefs GM who can formulate nuance in their negotiating styles. Not everything is about ****ing secrecy.

Right now this Peyton thing is a dick-swinging contest. Clark showed up late and is refusing to take his pants off. So ****ing frustrating.

This analogy works perfectly.

All of the coy, roundabout talk & inaction, not even a visit? how bad must this supposed phone 'offer' have been?

bricks
03-09-2012, 06:22 PM

Yeah I was thinking that too.

How can a team offer someone a contract without even having an interview?

vailpass
03-09-2012, 06:23 PM

All of the coy, roundabout talk & inaction, not even a visit? how bad must this supposed phone 'offer' have been?

It's Friday, two days after he became a FA. There is all kinds of time for Manning to visit KC. Maybe he really does want KC and is looking at these others first to see if they can change his mind.

bricks
03-09-2012, 06:23 PM

Yup. Spot on.

RealSNR
03-09-2012, 06:24 PM
It's Friday, two days after he became a FA. There is all kinds of time for Manning to visit KC. Maybe he really does want KC and is looking at these others first to see if they can change his mind.The regular season doesn't count. :#

stonedstooge
03-09-2012, 06:28 PM

League minimum plus $500,000 in incentives

Bill Lundberg
03-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Did anyone see Clark's interview?

Easy 6
03-09-2012, 06:44 PM

I did, he was holding a martini & slurring something about... 'yeah i'm rich so what, mad about Manning? you gonna buy him? **** you!'

seamonster
03-09-2012, 06:44 PM
It's pretty obvious the Chiefs are the best option for Manning to win and get paid. They've got more money, better play makers, the better defense, and it's not like KC is the fridged northern tier of the US.

OTOH. The Cardinals have a suspect running game, are broke asses with 3 mil in cap space, have an averagea at best defense, and built an offensive line that might get Manning completly murdered yet they're everybody's hot pick in the street's and Mannings next destination after his feux business trip to Denver. So in my mind it's all about warm weather over everything. Peyton probably doesn't want to get a fan base riled up when he's got no desire to suffer like all the other plebians in the below 60 degree's markets. Makes sense why he hasn't mentioned the Chiefs and had his crew go out of their way to discourage the cold weather teams.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Daddy is going to make the decision for him. I don't like our chances.

Mr. Laz
03-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Daddy is going to make the decision for him. I don't like our chances.

Archie is annoying

Terribilis
03-09-2012, 07:28 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gCySTWFcnlM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Setsuna
03-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Clearly you don't know who Midnight_Vulture is.

Links?

notorious
03-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Links?

No, you don't want that.

Setsuna
03-09-2012, 07:46 PM
No, you don't want that.

ROFL That sounds foreboding. Should I try to investigate?

notorious
03-09-2012, 07:49 PM
ROFL That sounds foreboding. Should I try to investigate?

There is a reason that his nickname is "Midnight Douche".

You can't say that you weren't warned.

BigChiefFan
03-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Hunt confirms Chiefs pursuing Manning
Posted: March 9, 2012 - 8:19pmFollow Capital-Journal Sports on Facebook

By The Associated Press cjonline.com Copyright 2012 CJ Online. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
March 9, 2012 - 09:19pm
Kansas City Chiefs owner Clark Hunt confirmed in an interview with NBC Sports Network that was scheduled to air Friday evening that his team is pursuing free agent quartback Peyton Manning.

“I don’t know how important money will be to him, but I’m sure it will be part of the equation,” Hunt said. “He’s going to be looking for an environment that he’s comfortable in.”

He declined to say whether the Chiefs already have offered Manning a contract.

‘’I don’t think it would be appropriate for me to talk about discussions at this point,” Hunt said, “but he is somebody that we’ll want to talk to.”

About 48 hours after being released by the Indianapolis Colts, Manning met with Denver Broncos vice president of football operations John Elway and coach John Fox. The three chatted while taking a tour of the team’s practice field and heading to the weight room.

Arizona, Miami, Kansas City, Seattle, Tennessee, Washington and the New York Jets all are considered possible destinations; Manning’s former offensive coordinator in Indianapolis, Tom Moore, worked for the Jets as a consultant last season.

It’s not very often that teams get a chance to sign a QB who’s thrown for more than 50,000 yards and nearly 400 touchdowns, been picked for 11 Pro Bowls, and been a Super Bowl MVP. Manning’s importance to the Colts’ success was never more apparent than last season, when their record plummeted to 2-14 without him.

Because he was released and went on the waiver wire Wednesday, Manning is allowed to negotiate and sign with any club immediately; he does not need to wait until the free-agent period that begins next Tuesday.

http://cjonline.com/sports/2012-03-09/chiefs-owner-hunt-confirms-kc-pursuing-qb-manning

Strongside
03-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Posted: March 9, 2012 - 8:19pmFollow Capital-Journal Sports on Facebook

By The Associated Press cjonline.com Copyright 2012 CJ Online. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
March 9, 2012 - 09:19pm
Kansas City Chiefs owner Clark Hunt confirmed in an interview with NBC Sports Network that was scheduled to air Friday evening that his team is pursuing free agent quartback Peyton Manning.

“I don’t know how important money will be to him, but I’m sure it will be part of the equation,” Hunt said. “He’s going to be looking for an environment that he’s comfortable in.”

He declined to say whether the Chiefs already have offered Manning a contract.

‘’I don’t think it would be appropriate for me to talk about discussions at this point,” Hunt said, “but he is somebody that we’ll want to talk to.”

About 48 hours after being released by the Indianapolis Colts, Manning met with Denver Broncos vice president of football operations John Elway and coach John Fox. The three chatted while taking a tour of the team’s practice field and heading to the weight room.

Arizona, Miami, Kansas City, Seattle, Tennessee, Washington and the New York Jets all are considered possible destinations; Manning’s former offensive coordinator in Indianapolis, Tom Moore, worked for the Jets as a consultant last season.

It’s not very often that teams get a chance to sign a QB who’s thrown for more than 50,000 yards and nearly 400 touchdowns, been picked for 11 Pro Bowls, and been a Super Bowl MVP. Manning’s importance to the Colts’ success was never more apparent than last season, when their record plummeted to 2-14 without him.

Because he was released and went on the waiver wire Wednesday, Manning is allowed to negotiate and sign with any club immediately; he does not need to wait until the free-agent period that begins next Tuesday.

http://cjonline.com/sports/2012-03-09/chiefs-owner-hunt-confirms-kc-pursuing-qb-manning

:old:

KCUnited
03-10-2012, 01:27 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l91ISfcuzDw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>