PDA

View Full Version : Football Carl Nicks: “In my mind, I pretty much am gone”

Mr. Laz
03-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Carl Nicks: “In my mind, I pretty much am gone”

Posted by Evan Silva on March 9, 2012, 8:23 PM EST

Reuters
All-Pro guard Carl Nicks will be free agency’s top offensive lineman if he makes it to the open market unsigned. The Saints haven’t so much as made Nicks a contract offer since season’s end, and he told WWL-TV New Orleans on Friday that he fully expects to hit free agency.

“In my mind, I pretty much am gone, to be honest. They’re gonna do something in the next four days that they haven’t done in the last four weeks?” said Nicks, referring to the lack of a contract proposal from the Saints. “I really don’t think so.”

Nicks has all along expressed hope that the Saints would re-sign him, but at the same time wants more money than teammate Jahri Evans. He can’t have it both ways, because New Orleans can’t afford to spend so much on two guards. The Saints are strapped for salary cap space.

Nicks should have no shortage of suitors on the open market. We suspect he’ll have become the NFL’s highest paid interior offensive lineman by no later than the end of next week.

Chief_For_Life58
03-09-2012, 07:37 PM
god the saints are falling apart

Okie_Apparition
03-09-2012, 07:40 PM
They're never the same after Disney Land

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2012, 07:43 PM
"The jig is up"

"AND GONE!!!"

Setsuna
03-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Hopefully the Jags will pick him up so we can STILL get two OL in the first two rounds of the draft. I hate the GM. You all know this right?

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Hopefully the Jags will pick him up so we can STILL get two OL in the first two rounds of the draft. I hate the GM. You all know this right?

Didn't someone earlier in another thread tell you to go fuck yourself ?

Setsuna
03-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Didn't someone earlier in another thread tell you to go **** yourself ?

Better than fucking some livestock, you damn hick.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Better than fucking some livestock, you damn hick.

How long is that skank gonna be your future wife. Are you done jerking off to her yet !

kcxiv
03-09-2012, 08:48 PM
i'd love to sign a guy like this, but if Cassel is our QB, fuck that. Its all for not.

Al Bundy
03-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Welcome to Tampa, Carl.

FAX
03-09-2012, 08:51 PM
god the saints are falling apart

ROFL

They're going to have Brees and nothing else. No coach, no staff, no owner, no players. Damn.

You have to feel kind of sorry for Brees. Even money that he's trying to rip the franchise tag off as we speak.

FAX

Setsuna
03-09-2012, 08:52 PM
How long is that skank gonna be your future wife. Are you done jerking off to her yet !

I'm on a marathon jerkoff you jerk!! :#

FAX
03-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Better than ****ing some livestock, you damn hick.

Well, to be fair, it isn't all his fault, though.

It's like the ancient Monrovian's used to say, "Once you go boar, you can't go back no more."

FAX

Setsuna
03-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Well, to be fair, it isn't all his fault, though.

It's like the ancient Monrovian's used to say, "Once you go boar, you can't go back no more."

FAX
ROFLROFLROFL You are the most sophisticated, witty member of CP since it's creation.

Dylan
03-09-2012, 10:07 PM
ROFL

They're going to have Brees and nothing else. No coach, no staff, no owner, no players. Damn.

You have to feel kind of sorry for Brees. Even money that he's trying to rip the franchise tag off as we speak.

FAX

True Dat Dummies!

Mr. Fax: I can't help but think that Brees' greed is tarnishing his reputation in an effort to not help the Saints' keep the nucleus intact.

Report: Brees turned down $18.5 million per year
Mar. 07, 2012 6:29 p.m. - by Larry Holder
The Saints offered Drew Brees more than the $18.5 million per season and Brees turned it down, Fox Sports reports. The Saints also offered Brees a $30 million signing bonus. Brees countered by asking for $23 million per season. This coincides with last week's CBSSports.com report that Brees turned down becoming the highest-paid QB in the league before the 2011 season.
Brees' contract hinders Saints. CBS Sports

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees rejected a contract offer from the club last year that would have made him the highest paid player in the NFL, according to a report published Friday at CBS Sports.com.

The report, citing an unidentified league source, is the first to say the money New Orleans offered Brees would have made him the league's highest paid player, but The Times-Picayune has confirmed a contract was offered to Brees and he rejected it. The Times-Picayune

Mr. Laz
03-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Saints offered Drew Brees more than the $18.5 million per season and Brees turned it down, Fox Sports reports. The Saints also offered Brees a $30 million signing bonus. Brees countered by asking for $23 million per season

wow, demanding that kind of money will pretty much destroy a team.

He wants 1/4 of the salary cap

Saints are just going to have to start cutting people and hope that Brees can literally 'throw it and catch it too'

listopencil
03-09-2012, 11:00 PM
It's cool. Sometimes in my mind I am pretty much gone too. It happens.

FAX
03-09-2012, 11:04 PM
True Dat Dummies!

Mr. Fax: I can't help but think that Brees' greed is tarnishing his reputation in an effort to not help the Saints' keep the nucleus intact.

Of course, I suppose it's also possible that Brees was hoping to become a free agent (assuming, perhaps, that the Saints would use the tag on another player). Maybe the environment over there was more toxic than we knew and Brees was looking for a way out.

However, you are far more familiar with that side of the house (the NFC) than I, Ms. Dylan, so I defer to your opinion on these matters.

Either way, nobody is looking too good over there these days. And I sure don't see how the Saints can remain competitive given the amount of hammering the NFL is about to lay down on their who dats.

FAX