PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What ifs

DenverChief
03-10-2012, 12:49 AM
I need some what ifs here....Since Luck and RGIII are out of the question and

IF Manning signs with Denver (I think Denver makes us push harder for another starter as opposed to Miami or Arizona)- what are our options?

what FA QBs out there are going to push Cassell for the starting job?
Draft QB? I have heard Tannehill don't know anything about him or if we are in a position to get him? Gimmie some options other than peyton

MoreLemonPledge
03-10-2012, 12:49 AM
SIGN TEBOW

Discuss Thrower
03-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Orton or Flynn, or begin offering all sorts of sick sacrifices to gods that Stanzi is the second coming of Tom Brady.

In58men
03-10-2012, 12:51 AM
Tannehill is the man

DenverChief
SIGN TEBOW

AIDS/CANCER TREE/FIRE

those are the words that come to mind with that person

KCrockaholic
They could look at Tannehill (yuck). If not, they'll attempt to sign Orton. If not, they'll attempt to sign Henne or Campbell.

Basically, Peyton, or we're fucked.

MoreLemonPledge
03-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Peyton, Orton, Cassel, Campbell. Those are the options.

DenverChief
03-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Orton or Flynn, or begin offering all sorts of sick sacrifices to gods that Stanzi is the second coming of Tom Brady.

I forgot about Flynn - I might take Orton back on a 1 yr contract

DenverChief
03-10-2012, 12:53 AM
They could look at Tannehill (yuck). If not, they'll attempt to sign Orton. If not, they'll attempt to sign Henne or Campbell.

Basically, Peyton, or we're ****ed.

Is Flynn a FA or just being shopped around? Are there any other QB's that could be bought from their current team?

L.A. Chieffan
03-10-2012, 12:54 AM
We're good

Simply Red
03-10-2012, 12:56 AM
We're good

ROFL

KCrockaholic
03-10-2012, 12:57 AM
Is Flynn a FA or just being shopped around? Are there any other QB's that could be bought from their current team?

Flynn is a FA. But do we really want another Matt Cassel type guy to come in. Flynn will go to some team, get paid 50Mil which is ridiculous, and then play like Kevin Kolb. I'd be surprised if it ended any differently.

BigMeatballDave
03-10-2012, 12:58 AM
If Manning goes to Miami, I would go after Flynn. If not, then Orton or Campbell.

Simply Red
03-10-2012, 12:59 AM
If Manning goes to Miami, I would go after Flynn. If not, then Orton or Campbell.

Orton isn't awful.

BigMeatballDave
03-10-2012, 01:00 AM
Flynn is a FA. But do we really want another Matt Cassel type guy to come in. Flynn will go to some team, get paid 50Mil which is ridiculous, and then play like Kevin Kolb. I'd be surprised if it ended any differently.

You gotta take a chance.

Houston took a shot with Shaub.

RealSNR
I'd say start Stanzi, but he's a 5th round rookie! Oooooh scary! Can't be doing crazy shit like that or the Chiefs might suck!

FloridaMan88

Dumbshit Dave wants Flynn, a.k.a. Cassel Part II.

ROFLROFLROFL

RealSNR
03-10-2012, 01:01 AM
You gotta take a chance.

Houston took a shot with Shaub.Schaub is garbage

BigMeatballDave
03-10-2012, 01:03 AM
Schaub is garbage

Not really.

He is a bit injury prone.

KCrockaholic
You gotta take a chance.

Houston took a shot with Shaub.

We took our chance with Cassel. It's pretty obvious the fastest way to a SB is to draft and develop. I'm not a fan of free agency QB's. Peyton is an exception. Drew Brees was a rare case where you had a guy who was just starting to "get it", but was also coming off a severe 360 degree tear on his rotator cuff. New Orleans got lucky. These days, FA QB's just wont cut it.

Simply Red
Schaub is garbage

Peyton Manning

BigMeatballDave
03-10-2012, 01:04 AM
Dumbshit Dave wants Flynn, a.k.a. Cassel Part II.

ROFLROFLROFL

And you are a fucking moron.

Whats your point?

DenverChief
03-10-2012, 01:04 AM

I don't think Campbell could win the starting spot over Cassel

Orton is a step up but not for a long term contract - I'm starting to think Denver has this in the bag - which means we need a serious upgrade at QB - hello captain obvious -

BigMeatballDave
03-10-2012, 01:06 AM
We took our chance with Cassel. It's pretty obvious the fastest way to a SB is to draft and develop. I'm not a fan of free agency QB's. Peyton is an exception. Drew Brees was a rare case where you had a guy who was just starting to "get it", but was also coming off a severe 360 degree tear on his rotator cuff. New Orleans got lucky. These days, FA QB's just wont cut it.

Duh.

I am speaking on the reality that Pioli is not gonna draft a QB.

DenverChief
03-10-2012, 01:07 AM
I'd say start Stanzi, but he's a 5th round rookie! Oooooh scary! Can't be doing crazy shit like that or the Chiefs might suck!

I wouldn't mind starting him BUT I would like to have a proven veteran to come in and win if Stanzi fails and that person is not Cassel

BigMeatballDave
03-10-2012, 01:09 AM

Orton is a step up but not for a long term contract - I'm starting to think Denver has this in the bag - which means we need a serious upgrade at QB - hello captain obvious -

Why do you think Denver has this in the bag?

Because they were 1st?

Simply Red
03-10-2012, 01:10 AM

I think Archie being with him, which was confirmed, will not let him make a quick decision. I can practically hear Archie w/ that draw, "you need to explore & evaluate your options" ...or something like that. KC could look this favorable as early as Sunday.

Simply Red
03-10-2012, 01:11 AM

Because they were 1st?

I doubt it, once he planes, they're out, IMO.

DenverChief
03-10-2012, 01:12 AM

Because they were 1st?

He is spending the night in Denver according to the local news - just seems that Denver has an edge right now

DenverChief
03-10-2012, 01:14 AM
I doubt it, once he planes, they're out, IMO.

I hope

Simply Red
03-10-2012, 01:19 AM
He is spending the night in Denver according to the local news - just seems that Denver has an edge right now

I bet that's almost the norm though, after these lengthy talks. Probably just too tired to fly and wants a clean transition into tomorrow, hell he may not like to fly. He's had to have said something like; "I have to give the interested their 'fair shake' " ...Honestly I have no clue, but as business people alone, they'll put him in a hotel, but they can't hold him hostage. So - they'll eventually see and respect his fair visits request, and then Peyton goes to Az tomorrow, then KC .... & then something happens around Monday evening. But I bet we have a 99% idear as to where he goes by Sunday night. That's my best guess about how it finally plays out. but who really knows?

go bo
03-10-2012, 01:20 AM
I hope

hey man...

how's things in d land?

you should come around more often...

dc could use some new blood...

hope all is well with you and yours... :toast:

Micjones
03-10-2012, 01:20 AM
Sign Orton/Draft Tannehill.

Simply Red
03-10-2012, 01:21 AM

where do you think PM goes, Miami?

DenverChief
03-10-2012, 01:23 AM
hey man...

how's things in d land?

you should come around more often...

dc could use some new blood...

hope all is well with you and yours... :toast:

I'm good thanks :-) how have you been?

R8RFAN
03-10-2012, 01:24 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/8644.png&w=350&h=254

lostcause
03-10-2012, 01:27 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/8644.png&w=350&h=254

shouldn't you be in the $1k disposable income thread telling us there is no such thing as disposable income and that regardless of being a raiders fan you don't really like hookers and crack cocaine?

R8RFAN
03-10-2012, 01:28 AM
1000 ain't even worth wasting my time on son.

BigMeatballDave
03-10-2012, 01:32 AM

That means nothing.

DenverChief
03-10-2012, 01:34 AM
That means nothing.

I think it means something - if the meeting didn't go well or he wasn't impressed he would have gone home - IMHO

BigMeatballDave
03-10-2012, 01:37 AM
I think it means something - if the meeting didn't go well or he wasn't impressed he would have gone home - IMHO

If this were a 2nd meeting with them or maybe if he were a week or so into this.

The 1st team he meets? No. It means nothing.

BigMeatballDave
03-10-2012, 01:40 AM
If he did sign with them without meeting anyone else, then Peyton is way stupid.

DenverChief
03-10-2012, 01:47 AM
If he did sign with them without meeting anyone else, then Peyton is way stupid.

Agreed - I don't even know why he schedules a trip to Arizona - unless he wants to meet his brother in the NFC championship

back on topic tho - Alex Smith anyone?

Psyko Tek
03-10-2012, 01:48 AM

2 first and we could pay half or cap to brees

KCrockaholic
03-10-2012, 01:49 AM
2 first and we could pay half or cap to brees

Huh?

DenverChief
03-10-2012, 02:00 AM
And what about Brandon Jacobs to compliment Charles?

DenverChief
03-10-2012, 02:01 AM
Huh?

yeah I don't get it either

KCrockaholic
03-10-2012, 02:01 AM

No.

DenverChief
03-10-2012, 02:06 AM
No.

Seems to be a younger Thomas Jones type runner - why not? besides the money I suppose

KCrockaholic
03-10-2012, 02:08 AM
Seems to be a younger Thomas Jones type runner - why not? besides the money I suppose

He's not that productive. He was solid 3 years ago, but last year he couldn't break tackles, would fall down on first contact like what LJ did his last full year, he doesn't have any vision. There are better options. He's not really much of a high character guy either. He's not even trying anymore.

morphius
03-10-2012, 02:16 AM
So, do you really like Tannehill or are you just wanting to drafting him so you can say that the Chiefs drafted a QB in the first round?

Simply Red
03-10-2012, 02:17 AM
side note is, Clark Peterson is just a god-awful speaker, absolutely no confidence, at all.

Simply Red
03-10-2012, 02:20 AM
hopefully he just sits back and listens and keeps his dumb fucking mouth shut. Sounds like he has Social Anxiety Disorder. Just hapless.

go bo
03-10-2012, 02:35 AM
I'm good thanks :-) how have you been?

gettin by...

have you made captain yet?

i just got up to drink some oj and going back to bed...

come around more often, don't be a stranger...

good night all...

Nightfyre
03-10-2012, 02:42 AM
If we don't get Manning, we may as well forfeit away this season (like we should have done last season.)

NJChiefsFan
03-10-2012, 02:44 AM

As someone that sees/hears about the Giants all the time I would like to point out that Jacobs doesn't even run people over anymore. He just goes down at first contact. Plus he doesn't have a great attitude.

OzarksChiefsFan
03-10-2012, 02:50 AM
I have Peyton and Dallas Clark on my wish list. Barring Manning, I want Orton back with Dallas Clark and make a run at one of the two quality FA DTs. I like the idea of a veteran like Clark to play when our guy stubs his toe doing laundry and misses 8 games.

Wilson8
03-10-2012, 02:52 AM
Plan A - Peyton Manning

The Chiefs can offer Peyton Manning a good football team that gives him the leadership and the opportunity to get into the play-offs and to the Super Bowl. They should not get into a bidding war that will cost so much money that it cripples KC for years to come.

Plan B – Other ways to improve the team

If that fails and Peyton Manning signs elsewhere then the organization needs to work that much harder to sign good free agents, draft well, and strengthen the team. Young free agents like Brandon Carr, Carl Nicks, and Paul Soliai should be signed. Chad Henne could be signed with the idea that there really will be an open QB competition between Cassel, Henne, and Stanzi. The draft can be used to improve the offensive line, defensive line, tight end position, and running back.

Plan C – Draft a First Round QB in 2013

2013 looks to be a good year for drafting a college QB.

NJChiefsFan
03-10-2012, 02:53 AM
Plan A - Peyton Manning

The Chiefs can offer Peyton Manning a good football team that gives him the leadership and the opportunity to get into the play-offs and to the Super Bowl. They should not get into a bidding war that will cost so much money that it cripples KC for years to come.

Plan B – Other ways to improve the team

If that fails and Peyton Manning signs elsewhere then the organization needs to work that much harder to sign good free agents, draft well, and strengthen the team. Young free agents like Brandon Carr, Carl Nicks, and Paul Soliai should be signed. Chad Henne could be signed with the idea that there really will be an open QB competition between Cassel, Henne, and Stanzi. The draft can be used to improve the offensive line, defensive line, tight end position, and running back.

Plan C – Draft a First Round QB in 2013

2013 looks to be a good year for drafting a college QB.

Shouldn't plan B, and especially plan C, include Kyle Orton.

Wilson8
03-10-2012, 02:59 AM

Does Kyle want to be in KC?

rico
03-10-2012, 03:20 AM
Ugh, I hate to admit this because I know the masses on this planet will want to cyber-castrate me due to their strong opposition, BUT..... I wouldn't mind if we drafted Weeden in the mid to later rounds. Definitely prefer him over Cinderella Tannehill.

evolve27
03-10-2012, 03:25 AM
Ugh, I hate to admit this because I know the masses on this planet will want to cyber-castrate me due to their strong opposition, BUT..... I wouldn't mind if we drafted Weeden in the mid to later rounds. Definitely prefer him over Cinderella Tannehill.

Weeden looks to be a late first-second rounder. I would pass unless he falls into 3rd. Plus it's the Chiefs way to draft late round bullshit QB's. Regardless, I'd be happy with any QB if we don't land Manning. I'm sick and fed up of seeing Cassel.

Wilson8
03-10-2012, 03:29 AM

Orton, Campbell, Henne, I really don’t know who would be the best QB for Kansas City.

I have a little more hope that Chad Henne could develop into a good QB for the Chiefs than Kyle Orton. Chad is only 26 years old, was a second round draft pick out of Michigan and has had some good NFL games.

I know Miami was considering trading for Orton last year so if OC Brian Daboll wanted Orton over Henne, he would be a good one to make the call.

NJChiefsFan
03-10-2012, 03:53 AM
Orton, Campbell, Henne, I really don’t know who would be the best QB for Kansas City.

I have a little more hope that Chad Henne could develop into a good QB for the Chiefs than Kyle Orton. Chad is only 26 years old, was a second round draft pick out of Michigan and has had some good NFL games.

I know Miami was considering trading for Orton last year so if OC Brian Daboll wanted Orton over Henne, he would be a good one to make the call.

I don't think any of them develop. I like the Orton option because atleast he isn't young and aren't front office won't have a choice but to draft a future QB. If we go with Henne/Cassel next year one will win out and make them think they don't need to draft a QB in 2013.

bevischief
03-10-2012, 07:02 AM
What has Orton's camp said yet?