PDA

View Full Version : Football Peyton Has No More Visits Scheduled Beyond Arizona

kczoo
03-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Per KFFL. ASS!

FAX
03-10-2012, 08:27 PM
ROFL

I sense a horrible screwing slowly emerging from the mists.

FAX

In58men
03-10-2012, 08:27 PM
I call bs

mdchiefsfan
03-10-2012, 08:28 PM
The fuckening has begun

BigMeatballDave
03-10-2012, 08:28 PM
I call bullshit.

Like he is only interested in the donkeys and the Cards.

KCrockaholic
03-10-2012, 08:29 PM
I hate this entire process.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Per KFFL. ASS!

A source with knowledge of the situation tells Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio that Peyton Manning has no set designs about his next destination.
This clashes with an ESPN report that Manning has a ''short list of teams'' he's willing to consider, and suggests he'll be relying on the outcome of meetings with the Broncos, Cardinals, and other teams he decides to meet with before making his decision. Manning currently has no free agent visits scheduled beyond Saturday night's flight to Arizona.

johnny961
03-10-2012, 08:30 PM
So many conflicting reports. I don't think any of the media really knows for certain where Peyton will wind up visiting next.

MIAdragon
03-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Fuck you Scott. Fuck you.

KCrockaholic
03-10-2012, 08:31 PM
The media doesn't have a fucking clue as to what is going on.

NJChiefsFan
03-10-2012, 08:33 PM
The media doesn't have a ****ing clue as to what is going on.

I agree. I still think it looks iffy for KC, but Manning isn't giving the media anything and they are just pulling shit out of thin air.

SPATCH
03-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Peyton just wingin' it.

KCrockaholic
03-10-2012, 08:34 PM
I agree. I still think it looks iffy for KC, but Manning isn't giving the media anything and they are just pulling shit out of thin air.

Exactly.

KCrockaholic
03-10-2012, 08:34 PM
And if this WAS the case, Pioli/Clark better be on the damn phone right now making damn sure they get a visit. If not, they can both **** themselves and die.

I know, harsh. But I don't care.

kcpasco
03-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Peyton trolling everyone

lewdog
03-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Could the Chiefs franchise really be giving a bunch of lip service????

Oh yea, they probably are. They hate us.

ROYC75
03-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Media outlets around the world expect the same type of reports over the next 48 to 72 hours or more!

bricks
03-10-2012, 08:39 PM
I honestly have this feeling he doesn't want to play for KC.

Can you blame him?

Crush
03-10-2012, 08:40 PM
According to my reliable source, Peyton will choose to play Phillips 66 Basket Pong this year.

ShowtimeSBMVP

Can you blame him?

Well Pioli is here so no

KCrockaholic
It would be hilarious for Peyton to visit a few teams, then have a "decision" moment on ESPN, and announce his retirement after all his visits. Then walk away yelling "Top that Favre".

Mr. Laz
Fuck you Scott. Fuck you.

:facepalm:

KCrockaholic

Can you blame him?

I would like to play with Charles, Bowe, Breaston, and a great defense.

Fritz88
03-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Chiefs fans self denial

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/12/27/1293457906836/Cheongryong-Self-denial-T-010.jpg

Mr. Laz
Well Pioli is here so noyou're a gawd dam, pole smokin idiot

ChiefsCountry
So he went to Denver and Phoenix on the same trip, makes sense to me. Then go back to Miami and reflect on those and start again. People are really making this more stressed out than it should be.

Fritz88
03-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Fucking rename this shit back to the lounge. We are begging someone to come here and we have no chance of it happening.

It would be fucking hilarious if he signs with the Donks.

FAX
03-10-2012, 08:42 PM
****ing rename this shit back to the lounge. We are begging someone to come here and we have no chance of it happening.

It would be ****ing hilarious if he signs with the Donks.

Yeah ...

I feel kinda cheap.

FAX

ROYC75
03-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Come on guys, Calm down!
Why go off on a off the wall random BS report cause some guy wants to keep all of you running around in a circle jerk! :shake:

FAX
03-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Come on guys, Calm down! Why go off on a off the wall random BS report cause some guy wants to keep all of you running around in a circle jerk! :shake:

Well ... mainly, because that's what we do.

FAX

petegz28
03-10-2012, 08:45 PM
I'm getting the strange feeling that Manning told Hunt\Piloi to fuck off right out of the gate.

Nightfyre
03-10-2012, 08:46 PM
I bet Tom Condon is just putting shit-loads of false info out there just to stir the buzz, keep fanbases engaged (which keeps pressure on the owners), and keep teams calling him.

ROYC75
03-10-2012, 08:47 PM
I bet Tom Condon is just putting shit-loads of false info out there just to stir the buzz, keep fanbases engaged (which keeps pressure on the owners), and keep teams calling him.

This is a possibility?

Epic Fail 007
03-10-2012, 08:50 PM
he already visted kc thats when the offer was made. it was kept secret on purpose.

FAX
03-10-2012, 08:53 PM

Any good agent would do that.

Keep your poker face on, keep 'em guessing, keep your cards close to your chest, and tell the girls to keep bringin' the whiskey.

FAX

chagrin
03-10-2012, 08:53 PM
all ownership has to do is say we're done and they haven't. If it's to play with donkos brass I can buy that at the end of the day, but right now I fell like the silence just means we're completely out of it and that decision or idea comes from Peyton, that we're out of it.

whoman69
03-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Any good agent would do that.

Keep your poker face on, keep 'em guessing, keep your cards close to your chest, and tell the girls to keep bringin' the whiskey.

FAX

If this goes on much longer I may need some whiskey myself.

FAX
03-10-2012, 08:54 PM
all ownership has to do is say we're done and they haven't. If it's to play with donkos brass I can buy that at the end of the day, but right now I fell like the silence just means we're completely out of it and that decision or idea comes from Peyton, that we're out of it.

Not good news there, Mr. chagrin.

Your instincts have been pretty accurate in the past.

FAX

milkman
03-10-2012, 08:55 PM
he already visted kc thats when the offer was made. it was kept secret on purpose.

Congratulations.

You learned how to use a period.

Next up, using the caps key.

ROYC75
03-10-2012, 08:56 PM

Still in the Hunt!

Remember, it's a process!:harumph:

johnny961
03-10-2012, 09:00 PM
If this goes on much longer I may need some whiskey myself.

Yep.

morphius
03-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Maybe the Chiefs are planning to go and visit him...

lol

CoMoChief
03-10-2012, 09:07 PM
ROFL we're not getting him.....people in KC are goint to start a riot Arrowhead if we didn't even make an attempt to get one of the greatest QB's ever.

memyselfI
03-10-2012, 09:14 PM
What no more PMSing?

What will this board do without Payton Manning Sightings?

Titty Meat
03-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Congratulations.

You learned how to use a period.

Next up, using the caps key.

LOL!

dirk digler
03-10-2012, 09:22 PM

It was so secret you posted about it on here lol

CoMoChief
03-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Guys, stop going crazy over Manning.....we have Cassel

Epic Fail 007
03-10-2012, 09:46 PM
It was so secret you posted about it on here lol I pay attention and don`t just spout bs like alot here.

Simply Red
03-10-2012, 09:49 PM
I hate this team

NJChiefsFan
03-10-2012, 09:50 PM

I pay attention and don`t just spout bs like alot here.

Interesting.

Strongside
03-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Well, there IS that report on PFT that he's 'making it up as he goes'.

ROYC75
03-10-2012, 09:57 PM
ROFLGuys, stop going crazy over Manning.....we have Cassel

ROYC75
03-10-2012, 09:59 PM
I hate this team

Don't, just may love them soon if it all comes together. Peyton Manning is going to hit Arrowhead singing "Come Together"!

KC_Connection
03-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Maybe now this board will stop going crazy over a player we were never likely to get.

I doubt it, though.

Fat Elvis
03-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Still in the Hunt!

Remember, it's a process!:harumph:

Clark Hunt will NEVER raise the trophy that bears his father's name above his head.

FAX
03-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Clark Hunt will NEVER raise the trophy that bears his father's name above his head.

Aw ... don't say that, Mr. Fat Elvis. Thoughts are things, after all.

We need to stay positive, think positive, and eat lots of green vegetables.

Remember, it's always darkest before the dawn ... and when the electricity goes out because you tried to microwave a litter of kittens.

FAX

DaFace
03-10-2012, 10:19 PM
He didn't have any scheduled meetings (to public knowledge) after the Broncos as of 8am this morning or so.

MotherfuckerJones
03-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Peyton Manning (the most prepared person in the NFL) making it up as he goes? Not buying that at all!

morphius
03-10-2012, 10:37 PM
I find it funny how much people are blaming Clark and Pioli for him not coming here. He had his mind who was on the short list before this all started, so if we actually tried to jump in with a contract and he doesn't come by, well, we know we were not on his short list.

Some people like to bring up the handling of Waters, the guy wasn't giving it his all here anymore, saw him get owned in 1 on 1 many times. I'm glad we dumped him.

At this point I'm just hoping that he doesn't go to donk land, and if he does he doesn't have the arm strength to throw deep like before.

MotherfuckerJones
03-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Well per Tommy Boy, I want my GM to sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman with white gloves :harumph:

mdchiefsfan
03-10-2012, 10:41 PM
I might have missed it, but why is it a forgone conclusion that Waters was mishandled? I've always seen it as a veteran wanting a chance to get a ring so we obliged by releasing him.

suds79
03-10-2012, 10:41 PM
I find it funny how much people are blaming Clark and Pioli for him not coming here. He had his mind who was on the short list before this all started

Yes but what where the determining factors for Peyton? Why not KC?

Can't be the team talent. Every other team he's considering (Den, Miami, Arizona) KC has better talent than.

Maybe he doesn't like the front office/management which has taken a beating of recently publicly.

Has to be something.

Fritz88
03-10-2012, 10:43 PM
I find it funny how much people are blaming Clark and Pioli for him not coming here. He had his mind who was on the short list before this all started, so if we actually tried to jump in with a contract and he doesn't come by, well, we know we were not on his short list.

Some people like to bring up the handling of Waters, the guy wasn't giving it his all here anymore, saw him get owned in 1 on 1 many times. I'm glad we dumped him.

At this point I'm just hoping that he doesn't go to donk land, and if he does he doesn't have the arm strength to throw deep like before.

Unearthing all the Waters drama is unnecessary. The bottom line is this, if we tried to reach him then we would have heard a confirmation one way or another.

The fact of the matter is this: We did not even try to get him. This what pisses me off.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-10-2012, 10:45 PM
This is the weirdest FA frenzy I can remember. Usually a player listens to all teams interested and it's reported. Manning likes things close to the vest.

NJChiefsFan
03-10-2012, 10:46 PM
With him going to Denver he has shown that he will atleast consider cold weather. I can not believe Peyton thinks these other teams have better talent. Maybe he sees equal but not better. To me if he doesn't even come to talk, it has to be something else. That leaves the city, ownership, or front office/coaches. I also can't see him having an issue with KC when he loved Indy. I also don't see him having a problem with Romeo. Romeo's personality is what Manning would want. That leaves ownership and front office.

Fat Elvis
03-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Aw ... don't say that, Mr. Fat Elvis. Thoughts are things, after all.

We need to stay positive, think positive, and eat lots of green vegetables.

Remember, it's always darkest before the dawn ... and when the electricity goes out because you tried to microwave a litter of kittens.

FAX

Clark doesn't care about winning. This is just a business to him. As long as people are stupid enough to put thier asses in Arrowhead seats and buy second rates jerseys, there is no reason to "win;" he is winning according to the bottom line.

He cares about soccer. Eight people can show up to LiveStrong for a Sporting KC game, but Clark will pay through the nose to field a competitive team. It is time for folks to wake up and realize that the Chiefs exist, in Clark's mind, to fund fund his hobby.

morphius
03-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Yes but what where the determining factors for Peyton? Why not KC?

Can't be the team talent. Every other team he's considering (Den, Miami, Arizona) KC has better talent than.

Maybe he doesn't like the front office/management which has taken a beating of recently publicly.

Has to be something.
It could be that he is still pissed about Crennel's D knocking the crap out of his WR's in the playoffs 'causing him to lose one of his chances at a SB.

It could be that he has no idea what to expect out of the new coaching changes here in KC.

It could be that he has kicked our butts every time he has played us.

It could just be that he didn't enjoy KC on his trips here and couldn't see himself living here a good chunk of the time.

He is Peyton Manning, he has sort of earned the right to be picky.

Fritz88
03-10-2012, 10:50 PM
With him going to Denver he has shown that he will atleast consider cold weather. I can not believe Peyton thinks these other teams have better talent. Maybe he sees equal but not better. To me if he doesn't even come to talk, it has to be something else. That leaves the city, ownership, or front office/coaches. I also can't see him having an issue with KC when he loved Indy. I also don't see him having a problem with Romeo. Romeo's personality is what Manning would want. That leaves ownership and front office.

Do you really not think that Denver isn't a team that is ready to compete?

With a QB and possibly a prized WR, they are good to go.

FAX
03-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Clark doesn't care about winning. This is just a business to him. As long as people are stupid enough to put thier asses in Arrowhead seats and buy second rates jerseys, there is no reason to "win;" he is winning according to the bottom line.

He cares about soccer. Eight people can show up to LiveStrong for a Sporting KC game, but Clark will pay through the nose to field a competitive team. It is time for folks to wake up and realize that the Chiefs exist, in Clark's mind, to fund fund his hobby.

I hate to disagree with you, Mr. Fat Elvis, as you are a poster of enormous skill, gargantuan intellect, and colossal insight.

But, I think Clark is very different from Lamar. To me, he demonstrated a clear desire to turn this franchise into a winner when he hired Pioli. Now, whether Pioli is as good as originally advertised is yet to be determined. However, I have to give Clark credit for trying. After all, at the time, Pioli was arguably the most sought-after GM candidate in the league.

Early on, Clark said he wanted to build through the draft. That's good, but it takes time to construct your team in that manner.

Here's a thought for you; franchising Bowe might have been a strong signal to Manning that we would surround him with the best available weapons. And, keep in mind that FA has just begun.

This story has yet to play out. I counsel patience, alcohol, and Lebanese hashish if you have some.

FAX

ROYC75
03-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Come on guys, I went to bed an hour ago and now I'm on the laptop, in bed because a bunch of you are boo hoo'n around about Peyton not visiting KC, yet ?

Sit back, grab a cold one, go to sleep, let it all unfold. Rome was not built over night, right?

When I say we are in the Hunt, we are still alive. It is a process that Manning and Condon will go through, sure he said it's not about the money but one must realize, money does talk.

Think about everything that has happened, when you do, you be Peyton and walk yourself through it all.

Would you rush through all of the Process ?

Would you not take time to evaluate the landing places over several days and talk to your wife & family first ?

All I can say is chill out, let it unfold and see what Monday brings !

Just remember this .....
Process
Hunt
Monday

morphius
03-10-2012, 11:05 PM
I hate to disagree with you, Mr. Fat Elvis, as you are a poster of enormous skill, gargantuan intellect, and colossal insight.

But, I think Clark is very different from Lamar. To me, he demonstrated a clear desire to turn this franchise into a winner when he hired Pioli. Now, whether Pioli is as good as originally advertised is yet to be determined. However, I have to give Clark credit for trying. After all, at the time, Pioli was arguably the most sought-after GM candidate in the league.

Early on, Clark said he wanted to build through the draft. That's good, but it takes time to construct your team in that manner.

Here's a thought for you; franchising Bowe might have been a strong signal to Manning that we would surround him with the best available weapons. And, keep in mind that FA has just begun.

This story has yet to play out. I counsel patience, alcohol, and Lebanese hashish if you have some.

FAX
I believe, from everything I've heard and seen, that Clarks instructions are to build this team through the draft.

Rasputin
03-10-2012, 11:09 PM

FAX

I'm going to give Clark Hunt credit for two things so far as owner. First and most important, he FIRED Carl. Second he told Pioli to fire Haley.

Now it seems that Clark is putting pressure on Pioli to get Peyton Manning & there is a bunch of hearsay on the subject going around. Crennel openly expressed his desire to get Peyton Manning. Right now I think Pioli is getting himself on the hotseat to get him or figure something out in order to save his job. If he doesn't understand this then he is a POS GM and we as fans need to be calling for his head. JMHO.

I really don't know what to believe for what's going on in the Peyton Manning camp. He can do what ever he wants and will go to the team he feals he has best chance to win a Super Bowl. I'm not going be neive to think that he believes Chiefs are that team even if it's what we want or think he should do. We can shit in one hand and wish in the other and see wich one fills up first. Sucks to be us right now until there is change.

Strongside
03-10-2012, 11:10 PM
In other news...Jonah Hill is KILLING it on SNL right now.

mdchiefsfan
03-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Come on guys, I went to bed an hour ago and now I'm on the laptop, in bed because a bunch of you are boo hoo'n around about Peyton not visiting KC, yet ?

Sit back, grab a cold one, go to sleep, let it all unfold. Rome was not built over night, right?

When I say we are in the Hunt, we are still alive. It is a process that Manning and Condon will go through, sure he said it's not about the money but one must realize, money does talk.

Think about everything that has happened, when you do, you be Peyton and walk yourself through it all.

Would you not take time to evaluate the landing places over several days and talk to your wife & family first ?

Just remember this .....
Process
Hunt
Monday

I know your trying to tell me something.....

milkman
03-10-2012, 11:11 PM

Just remember this .....
Process
Hunt
Monday

<!--Artist: The Mamas And The Papas--><!--Song: Monday, Monday-->Monday Monday, so good to me,
Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee
That Monday evening you would still be here with me.

Monday Monday, can't trust that day,
Monday Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be
Oh Monday Monday, how yould cou leave and not take me.

Every other day, every other day,
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin' all of the time

Monday Monday, so good to me,

Monday Monday, ...

DeezNutz
03-10-2012, 11:14 PM
I remember fondly when Clark said that it was a priority to draft and develop our own QB. That's a process I can get behind.

"The Process," however, is a bunch of fucking bullshit, and I would like to shove this little phrase up Pioli's ass with extra sizzle.

mdchiefsfan
03-10-2012, 11:18 PM
<!--Artist: The Mamas And The Papas--><!--Song: Monday, Monday-->Monday Monday, so good to me,

Monday Monday, can't trust that day,
Monday Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be
Oh Monday Monday, how yould cou leave and not take me.

Monday Monday, so good to me,

Monday Monday, ...

Better than Friday, Friday

FAX
03-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Personally, I prefer this one.

Check out Michelle Phillips ... what a baby doll hippie chick she was ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0aM15sLwLuY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FAX

Okie_Apparition
03-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Peyton sure is one thoughful son of a bitch
Arizona doesn't observe Day Light Savings Time
So the Cardinals don't get shorted an hour of visit time

JoeyChuckles
03-10-2012, 11:25 PM

Hey man, look at the stats. There are 32 teams in the league, so everything being equal, each team should win the SB once every 32 years. We aren't that far behind schedule.

mdchiefsfan
03-10-2012, 11:25 PM
Peyton sure is one thoughful son of a bitch
Arizona doesn't observe Day Light Savings Time
So the Cardinals don't get shorted an hour of visit time

Crap that is today.....

JoeyChuckles
03-10-2012, 11:28 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Starts one hour later out here.

I am watching it with Peyton too.

Easy 6
03-10-2012, 11:29 PM
I pay attention and don`t just spout bs like alot here.

You surely must, you HAVE to be trying to be this...

Either way, thats a hall of famer.

Fat Elvis
03-10-2012, 11:34 PM
Hey man, look at the stats. There are 32 teams in the league, so everything being equal, each team should win the SB once every 32 years. We aren't that far behind schedule.

Care to run those odds on playoff victories?

Jobomb
03-10-2012, 11:36 PM
It could be that he is still pissed about Crennel's D knocking the crap out of his WR's in the playoffs 'causing him to lose one of his chances at a SB.

It could be that he has no idea what to expect out of the new coaching changes here in KC.

It could just be that he didn't enjoy KC on his trips here and couldn't see himself living here a good chunk of the time.

I'd also throw out there that back in the early part of the 2000s (2003-2005), Denver was considered one of the top tier teams where the Colts owned Denver, but Denver was capable of beating the Patriots (the Colt's roadblock). It was perceived as a triangle (I would argue Denver was obviously weaker than the two, but I still think that was the perception). Maybe Manning still thinks of the Broncos as that team, although they are far from it.

I also think he likes the Elway connection, with Elway winning two rings at 37 and 38.

The media and fans can try and analyze the best fit. But Manning won't read into that. He will go where he feels most comfortable. See: Tennessee, David Cutcliff.

FAX
03-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Crap that is today.....

Yeah ... and the LA Times has a bunch of warnings about it, too.

They say that it can cause sleep deprivation and anxiety and missed appointments and car accidents. In fact, they say that some studies show a spike in car accidents in the days just after the time change which may be due to rushing around as well as the unexpected surprise of seeing the sun's new placement in the sky. They quote an expert who says, "Suddenly, you're driving home and the sun is in your eyes." Oh, my God!!! It's the sun!!!

Their expert also says that there is some evidence that the risk for heart attack might rise after a time change. (Probably due to the sun being in a different place and all.)

FAX

JoeyChuckles
03-10-2012, 11:44 PM

They say that it can cause sleep deprivation and anxiety and missed appointments and car accidents. In fact, they say that some studies show a spike in car accidents in the days just after the time change which may be due to rushing around as well as the unexpected surprise of seeing the sun's new placement in the sky. They quote an expert who says, "Suddenly, you're driving home and the sun is in your eyes." Oh, my God!!! It's the sun!!!

Their expert also says that there is some evidence that the risk for heart attack might rise after a time change. (Probably due to the sun being in a different place and all.)

FAX

The damn sun is always screwing up our clocks and stuff.

chiefs2012
03-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Arizona is a dome and the cardinals are pretty talented in a sub-par division. Manning will end of there most likely.

Okie_Apparition
03-10-2012, 11:53 PM
That dome looks like a spaceship
combine that with Peyton's dome & it's over

mdchiefsfan
03-10-2012, 11:56 PM

FAX

Well I am buckling up. My luck, I'll have a heart attack while driving to work, causing the car wreck due to the sun being being in my eyes. I don't want to wind up as a statistic. Thanks for the heads up Mr. Fax.

Strongside
03-10-2012, 11:56 PM
That dome looks like a spaceship
combine that with Peyton's dome & it's over

I absolutely HATE that stadium. Not so much the stadium itself, but the location is terrible. I lived in Gilbert, which is on the East side of the valley, and became a pretty big Coyotes fan. Their arena is right next door to University of Phx Stadium...talk about a bitch of a drive to get there. Plus, it does look like a giant UFO in the middle of nowhere.

Ultra Peanut
03-10-2012, 11:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zQa66.jpg

Valiant
03-11-2012, 12:07 AM
ROFL

I sense a horrible screwing slowly emerging from the mists.

FAX

As much as I want Manning on the Chiefs, I know it will never happen.. Common sense never works with the team, even if you have shit loads of cap room.

Clark Hunt is a piece of shit like his father was the last 20 years of his life.. All they care about is money and filling seats.. Championships are not the focus for the Chiefs franchise..

Egoli is just the personification of that.. Just well enough is the motto..

I would love to be wrong, but I do not see that happening..

Peyton will get signed by someone else and then months down the road all we will hear is the Chiefs were interested a lot but no actual talk was commenced..

Simply Red
03-11-2012, 12:12 AM
http://i.imgur.com/zQa66.jpg

at a glance - Charlotte?

TEX
03-11-2012, 12:17 AM
As much as I want Manning on the Chiefs, I know it will never happen.. Common sense never works with the team, even if you have shit loads of cap room.

Clark Hunt is a piece of shit like his father was the last 20 years of his life.. All they care about is money and filling seats.. Championships are not the focus for the Chiefs franchise..

Egoli is just the personification of that.. Just well enough is the motto..

I would love to be wrong, but I do not see that happening..

Peyton will get signed by someone else and then months down the road all we will hear is the Chiefs were interested a lot but no actual talk was commenced..

We'll see him once a year when Denver comes to town.

Strongside
03-11-2012, 12:17 AM
at a glance - Charlotte?

Man...as a creative director, your comic sans font makes me cringe. Seriously. lol.

pr_capone
03-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Arizona is a dome and the cardinals are pretty talented in a sub-par division. Manning will end of there most likely.

This is my thought as well.

NJChiefsFan
03-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Do you really not think that Denver isn't a team that is ready to compete?

With a QB and possibly a prized WR, they are good to go.

I am not saying that. What I am saying is that nobody has a better roster than KC. Miami with Manning would be a good team. Denver would be as well. I just think KC's roster is not going to be what turns Manning off from us.

FAX
03-11-2012, 01:10 AM
Man...as a creative director, your comic sans font makes me cringe. Seriously. lol.

As a scientist, equestrian, and pubic wig appraiser, I both understand and concur with your point of view on this issue, Mr. Strongside.

Although admittedly unwritten, there is a long-standing rule amongst professionals like ourselves that this font is only to be used in comics. It is an outrage.

FAX

Strongside
03-11-2012, 01:15 AM
As a scientist, equestrian, and pubic wig appraiser, I both understand and concur with your point of view on this issue, Mr. Strongside.

Although admittedly unwritten, there is a long-standing rule amongst professionals like ourselves that this font is only to be used in comics. It is an outrage.

FAX

ROFL

NJChiefsFan
03-11-2012, 01:24 AM

FAX

If I had the energy to go find that thread on who your favorite poster is, I think I would have to put you. High praise indeed, you must be thinking. You are welcome.

Quesadilla Joe
03-11-2012, 04:44 AM
Hard to believe Cards can beat Elway, Fox, loot and Mile Hi. Hard to believe Miami w nemesis NE and Rex. Broncos have to be team to beat.

https://twitter.com/#!/MikeKlis/status/178716605570748419

Quesadilla Joe
03-11-2012, 04:45 AM
Many people don't understand or know the history between Elway and Manning. it runs much deeper than you think.

https://twitter.com/#!/BrandonSpano/status/178705426060288000

How could Arizona possibly match Manning's experience in Denver? He talked football with Elway and spent time with his best pal, Stokely. Plus his long time close friend, Todd Helton has a ranch and hunting property out here. Can't see Whisenhunt matching that expereince

https://twitter.com/#!/BrandonSpano/status/178706634858704897

Quesadilla Joe
03-11-2012, 04:47 AM
Now we know PM is in AZ. What's the chance he still sign with the Broncos?” 90%

https://twitter.com/#!/BigAlRadio/status/178701967969890304

Chiefs=Champions
03-11-2012, 05:21 AM
The very thought of Tebow being unseated was unimaginable to you not more than a couple of weeks ago. Now you're frothing over the signing of a player, which will mean the end of Tebow in Denver??

ChiefGator
03-11-2012, 05:43 AM
We can shit in one hand and wish in the other and see wich one fills up first.

We can?

DaKCMan AP
03-11-2012, 06:11 AM
The very thought of Tebow being unseated was unimaginable to you not more than a couple of weeks ago. Now you're frothing over the signing of a player, which will mean the end of Tebow in Denver??

The kid's the Bill O'Reilly of fans. Spin, spin, spin.

If tomorrow the Donks come out and say they're no longer interested in Manning it'll be back to singing Tebow's praises and how he'll be better than Manning and Elway combined.

Fritz88
03-11-2012, 06:21 AM

If tomorrow the Donks come out and say they're no longer interested in Manning it'll be back to singing Tebow's praises and how he'll be better than Manning and Elway combined.

It is impossible to combine two QBs together. I can't see it happening. I really don't.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaKCMan AP
03-11-2012, 06:24 AM
It is impossible to combine two QBs together. I can't see it happening. I really don't.
Posted via Mobile Device

If it's possible, Pat Bowlen will pay for it and Tebow will pray for it.

Fritz88
03-11-2012, 06:26 AM
If it's possible, Pat Bowlen will pay for it and Tebow will pray for it.
ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

CupidStunt
03-11-2012, 06:37 AM
Hard to believe Cards can beat Elway, Fox, loot and Mile Hi. Hard to believe Miami w nemesis NE and Rex. Broncos have to be team to beat.

https://twitter.com/#!/MikeKlis/status/178716605570748419

Living in Arizona + Larry Fitzgerald + playing in a dome >>>>>>>>>> anything Dungver has to offer.

Notice how every meaningless Tweet you post has nothing to do about football and everything to do with a horse-looking suit? Hahahahaha. That you think he's choosing a talent-stricken team like Denver because he knows Elway. Bwahaha.

scho63
03-11-2012, 06:41 AM
What message would it send to everyone about the Chiefs organization that our owner/ CEO and our head coach have stated they want to talk to Manning and they would go after him and he DOESN'T EVEN WANT TO MAKE A VISIT???

If he won't come to meet with our team, then we must be a hell of a lot worse than anyone on CP realizes.

And if he signs with Denver, I hope we re-injure his neck the first time we face him!

Otter
03-11-2012, 06:48 AM
The DC Lounge is looking more and more like a breath of fresh air.

Can't we consolidate all these stupid fucking Peyton Manning threads since every 14 year old with a hard on hasn't figured out their not the only ones with a Twitter account?

Baby Lee
03-11-2012, 06:49 AM

And he spelled you with a U. And that was 1997. He was really ahead of his time.

King_Chief_Fan
03-11-2012, 06:50 AM

Pioli is the reason Manning won't go to KC

Chiefs=Champions
03-11-2012, 06:51 AM

Honestly cant tell if hes trolling or not sometimes.. Its a fun site to behold either way.

DaKCMan AP
03-11-2012, 06:54 AM
What message would it send to everyone about the Chiefs organization that our owner/ CEO and our head coach have stated they want to talk to Manning and they would go after him and he DOESN'T EVEN WANT TO MAKE A VISIT???

If he won't come to meet with our team, then we must be a hell of a lot worse than anyone on CP realizes.

And if he signs with Denver, I hope we re-injure his neck the first time we face him!

Why don't you wait until the process is complete before jumping to conclusions and making stupid statements?

King_Chief_Fan
03-11-2012, 07:05 AM
Manning will go where his daddy tells him to go.

KcMizzou
03-11-2012, 07:16 AM
Why don't you wait until the process is complete before jumping to conclusions and making stupid statements?You new here?

DaKCMan AP
03-11-2012, 07:17 AM
You new here?

Yeah, where am I?

Pasta Little Brioni
03-11-2012, 07:48 AM

Stop quoting all these hacks. Jeeeeeez.

FloridaMan88
03-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Whether you want Manning or not, the one thing that makes this revealing for the Chiefs is there is no doubt this is a free agent they want. There are no smoke screens to hide behind, no doubt like perhaps there was in past free agent pursuits. Clark Hunt and Romeo have come out and stated the Chiefs want Manning.

This allows us to evaulate how the Chiefs handle a pursuit of a high profile free agent. So far they have handled it very badly. While Clark is on national TV rambling about the Chiefs wanting Manning, and speculating if money is a factor in landing Manning... Denver is sending a private airplane down to South Florida and bringing Manning in for a 6+ hour visit.

Is a private airplane too expensive for Clark Hunt? Are the Chiefs completely unaware of how the pursuit of a high profile free agent works?

The other thing to consider... and this is my theory... the Chiefs really have no interest in signing Manning, just as they had no interest in trading up to the #2 overall pick in the draft. All of these rumors (just like the rumors that the Chiefs were talking with Luck and RGIII at the Combine) are a dedicated PR strategy for the Chiefs this offseason to generate fan excitement without actually doing anything.

Chieftain58
03-11-2012, 07:53 AM
If Pioli doesn't even get a visit from Manning then fire his ASS!!! Obviously players are concerned about the grumbling and antics coming out of the front office.. maybe Todd Haley wasn't crazy after all.....

notorious
03-11-2012, 07:57 AM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/687fea91677be9103defb8dc0b97e8b7.gif

chiefzilla1501
03-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Whether you want Manning or not, the one thing that makes this revealing for the Chiefs is there is no doubt this is a free agent they want. There are no smoke screens to hide behind, no doubt like perhaps there was in past free agent pursuits. Clark Hunt and Romeo have come out and stated the Chiefs want Manning.

This allows us to evaulate how the Chiefs handle a pursuit of a high profile free agent. So far they have handled it very badly. While Clark is on national TV rambling about the Chiefs wanting Manning, and speculating if money is a factor in landing Manning... Denver is sending a private airplane down to South Florida and bringing Manning in for a 6+ hour visit.

Is a private airplane too expensive for Clark Hunt? Are the Chiefs completely unaware of how the pursuit of a high profile free agent works?

The other thing to consider... and this is my theory... the Chiefs really have no interest in signing Manning, just as they had no interest in trading up to the #2 overall pick in the draft. All of these rumors (just like the rumors that the Chiefs were talking with Luck and RGIII at the Combine) are a dedicated PR strategy for the Chiefs this offseason to generate fan excitement without actually doing anything.

I don't agree on either. Pioli has played the game long enough and well enough to know how to court a free agent. If there's no flight for Peyton its not because the chiefs haven't offered it. It's because Peyton hasn't asked for one.

Secondly, we have a smart pr guy. That pr guy knows not to schedule an appearance on live tv to talk about Peyton unless there was genuine interest. If hunt fails because he didn't try that's bad. If hunt fails despite really trying that's a whole lot worse.

Quesadilla Joe
03-11-2012, 08:06 AM
I disagree. He's Mr. Detail. Nothing wrong with due diligence. Broncos did all they could. LIke their chances. A lot.

https://twitter.com/#!/VicLombardi/status/178701257366704128

58-4ever
03-11-2012, 08:08 AM
All of these rumors (just like the rumors that the Chiefs were talking with Luck and RGIII at the Combine) are a dedicated PR strategy for the Chiefs this offseason to generate fan excitement without actually doing anything.

They spoke with RG3. That's a fact. And Clark owns a plane. That's another fact.

htismaqe
03-11-2012, 08:09 AM
I don't agree on either. Pioli has played the game long enough and well enough to know how to court a free agent. If there's no flight for Peyton its not because the chiefs haven't offered it. It's because Peyton hasn't asked for one.

Secondly, we have a smart pr guy. That pr guy knows not to schedule an appearance on live tv to talk about Peyton unless there was genuine interest. If hunt fails because he didn't try that's bad. If hunt fails despite really trying that's a whole lot worse.

Yes and yes.

htismaqe
03-11-2012, 08:11 AM
Many people don't understand or know the history between Elway and Manning. it runs much deeper than you think.

https://twitter.com/#!/BrandonSpano/status/178705426060288000

How could Arizona possibly match Manning's experience in Denver? He talked football with Elway and spent time with his best pal, Stokely. Plus his long time close friend, Todd Helton has a ranch and hunting property out here. Can't see Whisenhunt matching that expereince

https://twitter.com/#!/BrandonSpano/status/178706634858704897

Welcher.

htismaqe
03-11-2012, 08:13 AM

So he's entertaining the advances of a team whose fans ADORE a glorified fullback with a sub-50% completion percentage? That's not being picky, that's being stupid.

Red Dawg
03-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Then the hell with him. If he won't talk to us then fugg him. He is too old anyway and will cost way too much. He is not some invinsible machine. Crennel knows how to win against him.

milkman
03-11-2012, 08:16 AM

You really think fans would buy the bullshit if there is no evidence of them actually making any real effort?

Not everyone is as stupid as you are.

The fans might be excited about possibilities, but at the end of the day, when the season rolls around, they won't be energized by unrealized pipe dreams.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-11-2012, 08:17 AM
So he's entertaining the advances of a team whose fans ADORE a glorified fullback with a sub-50% completion percentage? That's not being picky, that's being stupid.

That's all because he wore bible passages under his eye black. He's a darn good fellar!!!

Baby Lee
03-11-2012, 08:19 AM
dedicated PR strategy for the Chiefs this offseason to generate fan excitement without actually doing anything.

Just dumb.

You have a guy driving an '89 Yugo, and you make him more excited about that fact . . . by taking him to the BMW, Ferrari and Bentley dealership, then taking him back home empty handed?

Bane
03-11-2012, 08:20 AM

Damn!!!!I hope so cause I can't wait to retire that bitch /Tamba (Donk Killer) Hali.

htismaqe
03-11-2012, 08:20 AM
You really think fans would buy the bullshit if there is no evidence of them actually making any real effort?

The fans might be excited about possibilities, but at the end of the day, when the season rolls around, they won't be energized by unrealized pipe dreams.

It worked for Kevin Keitzman, who has generally hated the Chiefs for the better part of 2 decades. On Friday, he was already on the "at least they're trying" bandwagon.

I WANT so badly to hope but I just can't. That's how beaten down I am. I'm going to assume the worst until they PROVE otherwise. Trying isn't good enough.

Dr. Gigglepants
03-11-2012, 08:22 AM
If Pioli doesn't even get a visit from Manning then fire his ASS!!! Obviously players are concerned about the grumbling and antics coming out of the front office.. maybe Todd Haley wasn't crazy after all.....

Starting to fear that this is the case.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-11-2012, 08:23 AM
Damn!!!!I hope so cause I can't wait to retire that bitch /Tamba (Donk Killer) Hali.

"Coach Fox let me see some game tape."
"Sure what game"
"How bout KC. I want to see how your so called "All Pro" Tackle handled Tamba Hali.
"Uhhh, it says film unavailable. Try again later. Sorry Peyton."

Clady is Hali's bitch.

Big Chief Homer
03-11-2012, 08:24 AM

AWWW shucks come on MilkMan You wont be excited when they trot Matt Cassel Out on opening day as the starter.

Thats the plan with this FO. Clark and Pioli think were all stupid enough to be as excited as Clark is about the 2012 Chiefs as long as we THINK they tried.

milkman
03-11-2012, 08:24 AM
It worked for Kevin Keitzman, who has generally hated the Chiefs for the better part of 2 decades. On Friday, he was already on the "at least they're trying" bandwagon.

I WANT so badly to hope but I just can't. That's how beaten down I am. I'm going to assume the worst until they PROVE otherwise. Trying isn't good enough.

The thing is, he's excited by the possibility now, but how is he going to react when the Donkeys sign Manning?

Is he going to continue to be excited?

He's going to be dissapointed and pissed, and interst for this team will wane like it never has before.

I fully expect Brady Quinn or Chad Henne to be the competition brought in for Cassel.

I have no expectation that Manning will even answer the Chiefs call.

But for those people who are already becoming excited with the hope, the fall is going to be long and hard.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-11-2012, 08:27 AM
It'll be Orton. That would be my guess.

Big Chief Homer
03-11-2012, 08:28 AM
The thing is, he's excited by the possibility now, but how is he going to react when the Donkeys sign Manning?

I fully expect Brady Quinn or Chad Henne to be the competition brought in for Cassel.

With Piolis comments about how there has been competition for Cassel the last 3 years... Quinn and Henne or even Orton aren't on this list.

We're getting Caleb Hanie

milkman
03-11-2012, 08:29 AM
It'll be Orton. That would be my guess.

I think that Orton goes to Miami, if they lose out on the Manning sweepstakes, or Seattle, where he has a real chance to compete for the starter's job.

shorman22
03-11-2012, 08:31 AM
I rather not be mentioned and sneak through sand have all this media and lose out

CupidStunt
03-11-2012, 08:31 AM
The problem with Twitter is that those tools still generate interest from 15-year-old acne-sufferers regardless of their accuracy. Take that Lombardi moron who's going to look worse than a drug test after a Bronco uses it: no worries, 2 weeks later a kid like KnowMo will be quoting him all over the place as if his word carries even the slightest ounce of weight.

TheGuardian
03-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Matt Flynn.

But we're not going to do that either.

God damn I hate this front office right now.

Messier
03-11-2012, 08:33 AM
I think that Orton goes to Miami, if they lose out on the Manning sweepstakes, or Seattle, where he has a real chance to compete for the starter's job.

Don't you think Miami would go after Flynn?

Quesadilla Joe
03-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Coincidence Denver will give Manning his players, & Arizona will give him his offense. What will the Dolphins offer when their time comes?

https://twitter.com/#!/OmarKelly/status/178848935920664577

How do you negotiate with Peyton Manning other than tell him he can have WHATEVER HE WANTS? SMH.

https://twitter.com/#!/OmarKelly/status/178849175256055808

TheGuardian
03-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Seriously, can you STOP posting this shit.

You did it all day yesterday and NONE of it had any substance to it. Complete bullshit and/or conjecture.

KCrockaholic
03-11-2012, 08:36 AM

No more twitter links. Jesus.

And don't you know Omar Kelly is openly campaigning for Peyton to go to KC. So stop following him.

Three7s
03-11-2012, 08:36 AM

If I were Manning, Denver would be a pretty big turnoff if I couldn't run the offense I've used for the last 13 seasons.

TheGuardian
03-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Regardless of my hate for Denver, Arizona presents a better option than Denver.

I mean throwing to Larry Fitz, or the trash in Denver?

Playing in a dome, or out in the fucking cold?

Playing in your offense or some shit Fox and the Donkeys will run?

Again, I have no idea why he even visited Dungver, other than Elway's stupid ass.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-11-2012, 08:38 AM
It's cute that he thinks these guys actually know something ROFL They are pulling shit out of thier ass like they just had a latenight Taco Bell binge.

KCrockaholic
03-11-2012, 08:39 AM
I have to laugh when people try to look at positives for PM possibly going to Denver. One is always, "they have a great running game".

No. If PM is running the offense you can't run the option anymore, and you can also take away over 600 rushing yards from what they produced last year. It's nothing.

Bane
03-11-2012, 08:40 AM

LOL

A for effort kid.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-11-2012, 08:41 AM
#Bad defense plus no running game without fullback boy behind center = Peyton will feel right at home out in Pile High. Denver has to be the favorite/PGM pulling a tweet out of his ass.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-11-2012, 08:42 AM
I think I see whats going on. The Chiefs have made a contract offer that is just a little low. Manning thinks KC is where he wants to play. He'll be in a great atmosphere with great fans and a very legit shot at a SB ring. The one way to get that paycheck where he's happy is to visit the Bronco's to make our brass pony up. I think Tuesday / Wednesday there will be an announcement made that Peyton's a Chief.

milkman
03-11-2012, 08:42 AM
Don't you think Miami would go after Flynn?

Yes, but I also think that Cleveland will make a play for him, as well, so it's not a given that he will end up in Miami.

KCrockaholic
03-11-2012, 08:43 AM
I think I see whats going on. The Chiefs have made a contract offer that is just a little low. Manning thinks KC is where he wants to play. He'll be in a great atmosphere with great fans and a very legit shot at a SB ring. The one way to get that paycheck where he's happy is to visit the Bronco's to make our brass pony up. I think Tuesday / Wednesday there will be an announcement made that Peyton's a Chief.

:thumb:

Chief Roundup
03-11-2012, 09:00 AM

Peyton is flying around in his own plane. Denver did not send a plane to pick him up. The plane is Peytons.

ROYC75
03-11-2012, 09:19 AM

Hey, now here's a thought !:clap:

Mid week sounds about right!

htismaqe
03-11-2012, 10:03 AM

Is he going to continue to be excited?

He's going to be dissapointed and pissed, and interst for this team will wane like it never has before.

I have no expectation that Manning will even answer the Chiefs call.

But for those people who are already becoming excited with the hope, the fall is going to be long and hard.

I'm sure he'll be crushed when Manning signs elsewhere. "But at least they tried."

mesmith31
03-11-2012, 10:06 AM

Anyone who has been in sales for any length of time knows that you don't run the same pitch at all prospects. You don't pull up to a farm in Armani and you don't impress Payton Manning by 'making it rain' with private jets.

I remember reading a quote on here about him being asked what the first thing he would do with his signing bonus was and he said, "Earn it". When pitching a guy like this on coming to KC, I would pitch how KC has positioned itself to take the opportunity to be able to seize the opportunity that PM provides the organization by being fiscally responsible, building a strong base of young talent, and then going all in when the opportunity arises.

"We are one piece away from a title, and this, Mr. Manning is the Chiefs going all-in on that opportunity." Then push a metric shit ton of money across the table. And maybe do a artistic rendering of 'Manning Field at Arrowhead' with 2012-13 b2b championship banners hanging.

It doesn't matter if you agree with the premise of the argument...that is how you pitch him.

htismaqe
03-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Anyone who has been in sales for any length of time knows that you don't run the same pitch at all prospects. You don't pull up to a farm in Armani and you don't impress Payton Manning by 'making it rain' with private jets.

I remember reading a quote on here about him being asked what the first thing he would do with his signing bonus was and he said, "Earn it". When pitching a guy like this on coming to KC, I would pitch how KC has positioned itself to take the opportunity to be able to seize the opportunity that PM provides the organization by being fiscally responsible, building a strong base of young talent, and then going all in when the opportunity arises.

"We are one piece away from a title, and this, Mr. Manning is the Chiefs going all-in on that opportunity." Then push a metric shit ton of money across the table. And maybe do a artistic rendering of 'Manning Field at Arrowhead' with 2012-13 b2b championship banners hanging.

It doesn't matter if you agree with the premise of the argument...that is how you pitch him.

Precisely. Manning is reportedly already sick of the media circus...

FloridaMan88
03-11-2012, 10:46 AM

What a dumbshit statement.

The Chiefs have a "smart PR guy"? Oh really? One of the most basic rules of PR is to not create expectations you can't meet.

Clark Hunt went on national TV and stated the Chiefs desire to get Manning.

And now the Chiefs can't even get a visit scheduled from Manning?

That is a PR fiasco.

lcarus
03-11-2012, 10:48 AM
I was watching ESPN late last night and they had the "last 4 out, last 4 in" for Peyton. The last 4 in were Denver, Arizona, Seattle, and Kansas City I believe. They also mentioned something about a POSSIBLE visit to KC. Take that for what it's worth.

stonedstooge
03-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Precisely. Manning is reportedly already sick of the media circus...

I don't agree. Manning and Irsay started making this shit public several months ago. I think it was all part of the plan

FloridaMan88
03-11-2012, 10:51 AM

You miss the point.

This isn't about impressing Manning with a fancy jet. This is about facilitating the visit of Manning to your team's facilities... which is the first step towards signing Manning, if you are genuinely interested in landing him (which Clark Hunt indicated the Chiefs were).

Mile High Mania
03-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Agreed, I doubt anyone believed that flying their jet to pick him up would knock his socks off. It was likely more of "We really would love to talk with you and to make it happen, there's a plane waiting for you ... if you're interested."

FloridaMan88
03-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Peyton is flying around in his own plane. Denver did not send a plane to pick him up. The plane is Peytons.

Don't let facts get in the way of your dumbshit statements:

http://www.krdo.com/news/30651245/detail.html

Elway and Head Coach John Fox were in Stillwater, Okla., on Friday morning watching quarterback Brandon Weeden, who played with Oklahoma State. The Broncos' private jet flew to Miami, picked up Manning, and flew back to Stillwater to pick up Elway and Fox.

boogblaster
03-11-2012, 11:46 AM
get on the phone dumb-asses and get a visit set up .. you frickin tards .....

Mile High Mania
03-11-2012, 12:00 PM
I think it would be very odd for him not to spend time with KC and Miami prior to making a decision.

Sure-Oz
03-11-2012, 12:03 PM
I think it would be very odd for him not to spend time with KC and Miami prior to making a decision.

It would just say that our GM and owner suck balls

lcarus
03-11-2012, 12:05 PM

Well ESPN was quick to say Peyton wants to sign with a team "within a week" but for all anyone knows, he could take longer than that.

Mile High Mania
03-11-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm still holding strong on my comment that he will not go to the NFC...

Considering all factors with the AFC options, I would think the AFCW screams the best opportunity for more success and reaching the playoffs.

Mile High Mania
03-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Well ESPN was quick to say Peyton wants to sign with a team "within a week" but for all anyone knows, he could take longer than that.

Yeah, it depends on where he is today and tomorrow... if he's not with KC or Miami, then I think that's a big sign of what he's thinking. I just don't know how you would go 48 hours not visiting someone if a week or so is your timeline.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-11-2012, 12:08 PM

I told you idiots, he's already decided on the Chiefs. The Denver visit was to get a better offer from Pioli.

mlyonsd
03-11-2012, 12:08 PM
As others have said, if we don't get a visit the stank of Arrowhead Drive is a lost worse than I thought.

FAX
03-11-2012, 12:10 PM
I told you idiots, he's already decided on the Chiefs. The Denver visit was to get a better offer from Pioli.

Yep. This is just gamesmanship.

We're negotiating a final price point as we speak.

FAX

KCrockaholic
03-11-2012, 12:10 PM
I must say. I'm still very curious as to what Condon is up to. He hasn't been with Peyton on his trips at all. Seems strange. A high profile sports agent has the biggest free agent of all time on the market and he's not joining him on the tour?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-11-2012, 12:11 PM
I must say. I'm still very curious as to what Condon is up to. He hasn't been with Peyton on his trips at all. Seems strange. A high profile sports agent has the biggest free agent of all time on the market and he's not joining him on the tour?

This x10000.

lcarus
03-11-2012, 12:11 PM

He's in KC duh!

FAX
03-11-2012, 12:13 PM

He's chatting with Clark and Pioli and Archie and they're crunching the numbers.

It's all hush-hush and q-t and Bob's your uncle. Manning pulls the media away while they ink the deal.

FAX

lcarus
03-11-2012, 12:17 PM
He's chatting with Clark and Pioli and Archie and they're crunching the numbers.

It's all hush-hush and q-t and Bob's your uncle. Manning pulls the media away while they ink the deal.

FAX

That would be hilarious, but that's wishful thinking times infinite.

MMXcalibur
03-11-2012, 12:19 PM

Well, I put on my detective's cap and went looking for superagent, Tom Condon. Since Twitter is the big thing these days, I decided to look there first and sure enough, I know what he's up to.

Tom Condon ‏ @condontm Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
I'm watching Conan the Barbarian bit.ly/zUN4Q3 @GetGlue #ConanTheBarbarian

http://twitter.com/#!/condontm

My god....it all makes sense now.

KCrockaholic
03-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Well, I put on my detective's cap and went looking for superagent, Tom Condon. Since Twitter is the big thing these days, I decided to look there first and sure enough, I know what he's up to.

http://twitter.com/#!/condontm

My god....it all makes sense now.

ROFL Ok. Funny. But not actually Peyton Manning's agent.

ROYC75
03-11-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm still holding strong on my comment that he will not go to the NFC...

Considering all factors with the AFC options, I would think the AFCW screams the best opportunity for more success and reaching the playoffs.

You are correct, Brad.