PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Something to make you feel better about the Manning situation.

KCrockaholic
03-11-2012, 10:53 AM
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2012/03/11/peyton-manning-update/

First of all, if you want to track everything that has been and is going on with Peyton Manning, then you need look no farther than Arrowhead Addict’s Peyton Manning Tracker. We’ve been collecting all the news and rumors throughout the process so be sure to check that out frequently. We often update it without updating anything on the front page.

As for what is happening with Manning now, there seems to be a great deal of panic setting in among Chiefs fans. The news that Manning has plans to go to Arizona and Miami combined with the lack of news that Manning plans to visit Kansas City, has everyone freaked out. There is a growing feeling, I say feeling because nobody has reported anything concrete, that Manning may not be interested in the Chiefs. These feelings, while I can understand why fans and media members alike are having them, are likely incorrect.

Here is why you should step away from the ledge.

1. The Chiefs are incredibly secretive. We generally find out only what they want us to know. Most of the news of their pursuit of Manning is within their control. Sure, Manning’s camp cam leak things but they don’t appear to be doing a whole lot of that. Little bits have gotten out, like where Manning may go on a visit next but even those bits have been off in many cases. Even the most detailed reports on what is going on with Manning have been incredible vague. That tells me the Manning camp is trying to keep this as low-key as possible. Considering the hugeness of this situation, I think they are doing a pretty good job. No news is not bad news in this case. It’s not even close.

2. Clark Hunts words from Friday night should tell you all you need to know. He said that the Chiefs would talk to Peyton Manning. He didn’t say they would like to, he didn’t say they hoped to, he said they would.

When Hunt said this is also important. Hunt made his comments while Manning was in Denver and also, after the news had been reported by Adam Schefter of ESPN, that the Chiefs had indeed reached out to Manning’s camp.

Because of the lack of news of a planned Chiefs/Manning visit, some are jumping to the conclusion that Manning is just not as interested in the Chiefs as the Chiefs are in him. If this was the case, however, Manning’s disinterest likely would have been conveyed to the Chiefs when they originally called about the future Hall of Fame QB. We have good reason to believe this is what happened when other teams Manning wasn’t interested in called because of the recent actions of the Washington Redskins and New York Jets.

Both teams, especially Washington, declared their intention to pursue Manning.

Yet, suddenly on Friday night, the Redskins traded for the No. 2 pick in the Draft and the Jets signed QB Mark Sanchez to an extension. That means that at some point between Wednesday afternoon when Manning was officially released and Friday, the Redskins and Jets were given a pretty strong indication that they had no shot at landing Manning. More than likely, that news came sometime Thursday evening or early Friday morning. The teams then both executed their “plan B.”

Why is this important? Because at the same time that Washington and New York were scrambling to enact their contingency plans, Clark Hunt was giving an interview where he said that the Chiefs would talk to Manning.

We can thus deduce that New York and Washington were told they were out of the race while the Chiefs believed so strongly that they still were in the race that they were talking about it publicly.

#3. Manning not being interested in Kansas City makes little sense for the simple fact that he does seem so interested in Denver. Obviously there is no way to know a man’s mind. There could be circumstance in Manning’s mind that make Denver very different from KC. Manning could have some sort of grudge against someone in the organization or something like that.

But from an outside point of view, being interested in Denver means being interested in Kansas City. The teams are similar in a lot of ways. The Chiefs and the Broncos play int he weak AFC West, both are cold-weather cities and both have incredible home field advantages. The organizations both have stable ownership and both franchises have storied histories. There is even an argument to be made that the Chiefs have many more superior and experience weapons on offense than the Broncos.

#4. Where is Tom Condon?
Manning’s agent was not with him when he went to Denver. That means there was little to no chance of a deal being struck while Manning was there. It may be that Condon is simply holding back and will fly to wherever Manning is when things with a team get serious but the fact that his agent stayed home could be an indication that Manning was just doing his due diligence with his visit to Denver. It could be an indicator that Manning and Condon already have a pretty good idea of which teams Manning is really interested in and so they are using the extra time to meet with some of the other guys just to be sure.

Manning is expected to make a decision by Tuesday. If I had to guess, I would say that Manning will pay a visit to some team on Monday or early Tuesday morning, whether that be the Miami Dolphins, Kansas City Chiefs or a return trip to Denver or Arizona. Wherever he goes then, in my view, is where he’ll stay.

Could I be wrong about all this?

Sure.

But I doubt I am any more or less accurate in my feelings than most national media members at this point. The big seller on this for me is Clark Hunt still talking about Manning while the Redskins and Jets were moving on. It tells me that Manning’s camp gave some indication of their interests and the indication to the Chiefs must have been, at the very least, that there would be a conversation.

If the Chiefs had any indication that they were totally out of the running for Manning, I believe they would do something to squash the frenzy immediately.
We may never find out exactly what happened and the Chiefs may not get Manning but I believe they are still in this thing and will be until the end.

Some interesting thoughts from Arrowheadaddict.

Mile High Mania
03-11-2012, 10:55 AM
This basically recaps 90% of the commentary on 10 other threads in the last 4 hours.

Gonzo
03-11-2012, 10:56 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PBP_tIye7RQ/TxNTriQ9VBI/AAAAAAAAAow/2RMUHTIN0QI/s1600/kid-birthday-hat-gif.gif

KCrockaholic
This basically recaps 90% of the commentary on 10 other threads in the last 4 hours.

I hadn't seen a single thought like #2 before. Plus now Coogs has another thread to enjoy.

Okie_Apparition
Peyton's closer to a placebo than penicillin
but when you got the clap

suds79
03-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Sounds like an article from a Chiefs site trying to convince themselves we're still in it to me.

Dante84
03-11-2012, 10:59 AM
sigh.... i hope.

KCrockaholic
03-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Sounds like an article from a Chiefs site trying to convince themselves we're still in it to me.

Correct.

BoneKrusher
03-11-2012, 11:00 AM
sigh.... i hope.

or Maybe the Chiefs had their meeting with Manning and swept it under the rug.

Bump
03-11-2012, 11:01 AM
nope, we have an owner who would rather watch futball than football

notorious
03-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Maybe Peyton's one request was to keep things on the down-low and KC is the only team to come through.

Yeah, and I'm a a Chinese Jet Pilot.

cabletech94
03-11-2012, 11:03 AM
if nomohomo had posted this article, i might have a smidge of respect for him.

yea, just told a lie.

Okie_Apparition
03-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Attention whore Peyton hates the circus
too bad buddy, you're popping tents across the NFL

BoneKrusher
03-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Attention whore Peyton hates the circus
too bad buddy, you're popping tents across the NFL

this is as bad as Favre watch the past two seasons.

Bane
03-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Tom Condon and Manning both hate KC.Never was anything to see here folks.

lcarus
03-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Yeah this thread isn't making me feel better at all. I think I'm just gonna get an elite QB in a Madden Chiefs franchise. At least I'll have my electronic virtual reality Super Bowls.

KCrockaholic
03-11-2012, 11:19 AM

lol. Your new name is Skip Baseless.

The Franchise
03-11-2012, 11:21 AM
www.Rotoworld.com

According to the Arizona Republic, it "doesn't seem as if" free agent Peyton Manning's player rep Tom Condon accompanied him on his visit to Arizona.

Coogs
03-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Plus now Coogs has another thread to enjoy.

:)

I read it. Didn't really enjoy it. Didn't really learn anyting new. But I am pretty well caught up on the PM news after being out for a couple of days without having to pour through page after page of a mega thread, for which I am thankful.

And I am getting ready to log out for a while with this feeling... we don't have a snowballs chance at getting Manning, and the arrow is pointing right at Hunt/Pioli as to the reasons why.

Right now I am hoping for Orton/Stanzi.

Bane
03-11-2012, 11:27 AM
lol. Your new name is Skip Baseless.

Works for me.He was smart to enough to realize Manning would NEVER play for KC as well.

notorious
03-11-2012, 11:28 AM
www.Rotoworld.com

He's too busy working out the details of the contract in Denver/Knomo

ROYC75
03-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Good take, at least it's fair and the truth of what we see.

DRU
03-11-2012, 01:20 PM

Yeah, cuz most people end up hating the team they played with for 10 years. Makes sense.

Hoover
03-11-2012, 01:21 PM
My KC source tells me that the Chiefs met with Manning in Denver, which is why he spent so much time there. Was told not be be upset because we are not getting the white bronco treatment.

Simply Red
03-11-2012, 01:23 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PBP_tIye7RQ/TxNTriQ9VBI/AAAAAAAAAow/2RMUHTIN0QI/s1600/kid-birthday-hat-gif.gif

appropriate gif is appropriate.

Simply Red
03-11-2012, 01:24 PM
My KC source tells me that the Chiefs met with Manning in Denver, which is why he spent so much time there. Was told not be be upset because we are not getting the white bronco treatment.

can you elaborate? or stop...?

O.city
03-11-2012, 01:24 PM

Bannable offense here. If lying.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-11-2012, 01:25 PM

Is your source this guy?

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/342756/80722405.jpg

KCrockaholic
03-11-2012, 01:25 PM
I took hoovers comments as a joke?

Simply Red
03-11-2012, 01:26 PM
I took hoovers comments as a joke?

Then you don't know Hoover.

KCrockaholic
03-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Then you don't know Hoover.

Nope.

htismaqe
03-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Yet, suddenly on Friday night, the Redskins traded for the No. 2 pick in the Draft and the Jets signed QB Mark Sanchez to an extension. That means that at some point between Wednesday afternoon when Manning was officially released and Friday, the Redskins and Jets were given a pretty strong indication that they had no shot at landing Manning. More than likely, that news came sometime Thursday evening or early Friday morning. The teams then both executed their “plan B.”

The Chiefs don't have to EXECUTE anything.

They already have Plan B on the roster...

Matt "Plan B" Cassel.

KCrockaholic
03-11-2012, 01:29 PM

Matt "Plan B" Cassel.

You're right. He should've been an abortion.

Chieftain58
03-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Denver is a better place to live hands down- (unfortunately.... )If all things were even amongst bidding teams for Mannings services then Denver or Phoenix have a better shot at landing him... The writing is on the wall and I believe Dungver gets him, just from the simple fact he wanted to go there first...

ROYC75
03-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Some people take their hardcore hate to an extreme, make me wonder how they have a happy life ?

Mojo Jojo
This writer has no clue what he is talking about. A prime example is the Clark interview...that was taped late Friday morning or early afternoon...long before the Skins and Jets stuff happened.

dirk digler

:spock: Condon lived and had his agent business in Kansas City until a few years ago. He loves KC

ROYC75
03-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Denver is a better place to live hands down- (unfortunately.... )If all things were even amongst bidding teams for Mannings services then Denver or Phoenix have a better shot at landing him... The writing is on the wall and I believe Dungver gets him, just from the simple fact he wanted to go there first...

Did he ?

Wanted to ? :hmmm:

Nothing to see here, move a long folks !:harumph:

ROYC75
03-11-2012, 01:34 PM
:spock: Condon lived and had his agent business in Kansas City until a few years ago. He loves KC

Still does, some people are reading more into this than necessary!

I'm just saying ...........

splatbass
03-11-2012, 01:37 PM

You got any evidence at all that you are basing this on? If you do please post it. I think you are full of shit.

dirk digler
03-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Still does, some people are reading more into this than necessary!

I'm just saying ...........

I don't believe he still does once he took over CAA

Simply Red
03-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Some people take their hardcore hate to an extreme, make me wonder how they have a happy life ?

If i'm included in your evaluation, i'd like to mention, if you're right and he even VISITS KC then I'll totally eat crow and praise your online presence. But inaccurate news or not, we're entirely out of this mixed album. We aren't even mentioned, now. We at least know now, that he's not going to visit KC. It's just that simple. The light is off. And damned if I ever wished I was wrong, it'd be right now. I don't know how these contracts work while NFL Football is the topic. But from a business and contract standpoint, we're out of it. Light switch off. Hopefully we're all projecting and off base, but I don't believe so, in my heart.

KCrockaholic
03-11-2012, 01:41 PM
You got any evidence at all that you are basing this on? If you do please post it. I think you are full of shit.

That's why he's Skip "Baseless".

Pasta Little Brioni
03-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Rev up the Orton Yugo!!

O.city
03-11-2012, 01:42 PM
So was Hoover being serious or joking?

KCrockaholic
03-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Yeah where is that assclown Hoover?

Psyko Tek
03-11-2012, 01:48 PM

Matt "Plan B" Cassel.

and that's the scary part

bricks
03-11-2012, 01:56 PM
If i'm included in your evaluation, i'd like to mention, if you're right and he even VISITS KC then I'll totally eat crow and praise your online presence. But inaccurate news or not, we're entirely out of this mixed album. We aren't even mentioned, now. We at least know now, that he's not going to visit KC. It's just that simple. The light is off. And damned if I ever wished I was wrong, it'd be right now. I don't know how these contracts work while NFL Football is the topic. But from a business and contract standpoint, we're out of it. Light switch off. Hopefully we're all projecting and off base, but I don't believe so, in my heart.

I honestly wonder if Clark Hunt just spewed shit out to feed the fanbase crap that they want to hear? I mean the part that has me concerned is that he is saying one thing, but yet I fail to see any diligence. I don't see any actions to support his words such as no scheduled visits, no contacts with his agent, no discussion, nothing. I mean yeah we heard stuff from 610, but they are not really reliable.

If Clark just deceived us, the same way a politician would then man o man Ill be livid and just bitter towards this franchise for a while. I might just really hate this team and with good reason. I am already frustrated as it is with them but this will add to my frustration tremendously.

BossChief
03-11-2012, 01:57 PM
It just rolled on the ticker on nfln that KC is still in talks with Manning camp and that a visit is possible. Per Jason Lacanfora

If we already met with him, why are we still trying to get a visit?

KCrockaholic
03-11-2012, 01:57 PM
It just rolled on the ticker on nfln that KC is still in talks with Manning camp and that a visit is possible. Per Jason Lacanfora

Good news.

Too bad the media is useless right now.

tk13
03-11-2012, 01:58 PM
I honestly wonder if Clark Hunt just spewed shit out to feed the fanbase crap that they want to hear? I mean the part that has me concerned is that he is saying one thing, but yet I fail to see any diligence. I don't see any actions to support his words such as no scheduled visits, no contacts with his agent, no discussion, nothing. I mean yeah we heard stuff from 610, but they are not really reliable.

If Clark just deceived us, the same way a politician would then man o man Ill be livid and just bitter towards this franchise for a while. I might just really hate this team and with good reason. I am already frustrated as it is with them but this will add to my frustration tremendously.

Why would he do this? It's just going to make people more angry. I really really don't think Clark is sitting back thinking "Herp derp I fooled them, they really think I want Manning." Both Crennel and Hunt have done everything short of tampering... Manning knows what's up.

DeezNutz
03-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Why would he do this? It's just going to make people more angry. I really really don't think Clark is sitting back thinking "Herp derp I fooled them, they really think I want Manning." Both Crennel and Hunt have done everything short of tampering... Manning knows what's up.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

But I also don't know how a seasoned GM can look at Cassel and the merry band of shit that we have at the QB position and think, "Yeah, this will work."

But it's happened for three years and counting.

splatbass
03-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Ill be livid and just bitter towards this franchise for a while.

How is that any different from now?

I think everyone needs to calm down. There are a lot of baseless assumptions being made here. When something happens then we'll know, until then it is all speculation. Lighten up. A lot of people are ready to be judge, jury and executioner to Hunt and Pioli without any actual knowledge of what is going on or what is going to happen.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Good Article Mr. KCAlcoholic, I am telling you guys Tuesday/Wednesday there will be an announcement that Manning is a Chief. The Denver visit was to drive his price up with Hunt.

splatbass
03-11-2012, 02:06 PM

If we are still trying to get a visit why are so many people whining that we are out of it?

NJChiefsFan
03-11-2012, 02:08 PM
The #2 point is a solid one. Maybe its true, maybe not. I really like how he thought the timeline out though. Kudos to him on that. Hunt's comments came after the Jets and Skins recieved word they were out. That logic would make you think we are atleast still a fringe team.

KCrockaholic
03-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Good Article Mr. KCAlcoholic, I am telling you guys Tuesday/Wednesday there will be an announcement that Manning is a Chief. The Denver visit was to drive his price up with Hunt.

http://troll.me/images/brick-tamland/wtf-lol.jpg

bricks
03-11-2012, 02:09 PM

Well, the way I'm thinking about it is, if he came out and said, "Matt Cassel is our starter next year," everyone would be livid. Most of the fanbase would be ticked off if let's say that was the truth and he told it especially seeing that Manning is available and Chiefs fans see that Clark pissed away the opportunity to really improve his football team. He may be in a position to lie? Who knows? We don't know what his intentions are...Maybe he doesnt want Manning? And if or when the time comes that he signs with another team, he could use the "we tried" excuse. It saves his credibility in the end. That could be the case and I'm thinking of it from that perspective.

But all I can really say, is that his actions definately don't look good right now. I'm not seeing anything.

splatbass
03-11-2012, 02:12 PM
The sky is always falling on CP.

bricks
03-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Ill admit, I need to calm down lol

Stinger
03-11-2012, 02:18 PM
If we are still trying to get a visit why are so many people whining that we are out of it?

LMAO LMAO LMAO ...... Are you new here?
Posted via Mobile Device

Simply Red
03-11-2012, 02:19 PM
I hate big Peyton

splatbass
03-11-2012, 02:21 PM
LMAO LMAO LMAO ...... Are you new here?
Posted via Mobile Device

No, but in 11 years here I've never seen so many whiny little bitches.

chiefzilla1501
03-11-2012, 02:24 PM

Peyton Manning said he'd want a deal by next week. Why do you think that is? It's because Peyton Manning knows that the market for him dries out significantly if he waits until Wednesday. It's not only the smart thing to do, it's also the polite thing to do so you give teams opportunity to pursue guys like Flynn or Orton, and make decisions like whether to trade Kolb.

I am guessing Peyton Manning is signed by end of day Tuesday. That means if Peyton Manning is not in KC tomorrow, we have a lot to be worried about. The fact that he's already scheduled a trip to Miami, supposedly, tells us that our chances are slimming every second.

I'm not very optimistic anymore.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Peyton Manning said he'd want a deal by next week. Why do you think that is? It's because Peyton Manning knows that the market for him dries out significantly if he waits until Wednesday. It's not only the smart thing to do, it's also the polite thing to do so you give teams opportunity to pursue guys like Flynn or Orton, and make decisions like whether to trade Kolb.

I am guessing Peyton Manning is signed by end of day Tuesday. That means if Peyton Manning is not in KC tomorrow, we have a lot to be worried about. The fact that he's already scheduled a trip to Miami, supposedly, tells us that our chances are slimming every second.

Manning doesn't need to visit KC. He's been to the stadium numerous times. This can be handled over twitter. I'm sure Pioli knows how to twit a contract negotation.

splatbass
03-11-2012, 02:28 PM

Eh, I'm unimpressed with your negativity. I'll wait until he announces that he has chosen a team before I get worked up. Meanwhile you can get your panties in a bunch all you want.

mlyonsd
03-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Well, the way I'm thinking about it is, if he came out and said, "Matt Cassel is our starter next year," everyone would be livid. Most of the fanbase would be ticked off if let's say that was the truth and he told it especially seeing that Manning is available and Chiefs fans see that Clark pissed away the opportunity to really improve his football team. He may be in a position to lie? Who knows? We don't know what his intentions are...Maybe he doesnt want Manning? And if or when the time comes that he signs with another team, he could use the "we tried" excuse. It saves his credibility in the end. That could be the case and I'm thinking of it from that perspective.

But all I can really say, is that his actions definately don't look good right now. I'm not seeing anything.IMO telling the press you're interested in Manning, have more than enough money to get him, but he isn't interested is an indictment on just how embarrassing the front office is.

You'd be much better off keeping quiet and trying to get him behind the scenes than announcing it to the public and a rabid internet community that hasn't seen one playoff win since it's inception 12 years ago.

splatbass
03-11-2012, 02:35 PM
IMO telling the press you're interested in Manning, have more than enough money to get him, but he isn't interested is an indictment on just how embarrassing the front office is.

Except that you have no idea whether he is interested in KC or not. You are making a baseless assumption.

DeezNutz
03-11-2012, 02:38 PM
IMO telling the press you're interested in Manning, have more than enough money to get him, but he isn't interested is an indictment on just how embarrassing the front office is.

You'd be much better off keeping quiet and trying to get him behind the scenes than announcing it to the public and a rabid internet community that hasn't seen one playoff win since it's inception 12 years ago.

It's not that they're "embarrassing" so much as they're encumbering, and this has to be an enormous turnoff for Manning.

At this point in his career, the last thing he probably wants to deal with is petty bullshit, and we're steeped in this at 1 Arrowhead.

Unless we capture lightning, this organization is in an absolutely hopeless state, and I might have to offer a practical guide for how to deal with this while enjoying mental health and taking some solace from otherwise pointless seasons. As a life-long Royals fan, I know this drill very, very well. (Fuck you, Cards fans--natural reaction.)

Brock
03-11-2012, 02:43 PM
And if or when the time comes that he signs with another team, he could use the "we tried" excuse. It saves his credibility in the end. That could be the case and I'm thinking of it from that perspective.

But all I can really say, is that his actions definately don't look good right now. I'm not seeing anything.

It saves his credibility? How? If he says they're interested and end up not getting a visit, it makes his credibility as an owner SHIT.

bricks
03-11-2012, 02:51 PM
It saves his credibility? How? If he says they're interested and end up not getting a visit, it makes his credibility as an owner SHIT.

He could say, we were ready to have an interview with him, but then he decided to sign with another team? I don't know. It wouldnt surprise me if he could think of something to not have the fanbase all over him.

Brock
03-11-2012, 02:54 PM
He could say, we were ready to have an interview with him, but then he decided to sign with another team? I don't know. It wouldnt surprise me if he could think of something to not have the fanbase all over him.

Short of drafting a QB in R1, there isn't a thing he can do to change this. Nobody gives a shit what excuses come out.

dirk digler
03-11-2012, 02:54 PM

His head coach already said they would be stupid not to try to get him so what is Clark supposed to do? Stay quiet and hope no one remembers or say yeah we want to talk to Peyton when he is asked by the media?

Brock
03-11-2012, 02:56 PM
His head coach already said they would be stupid not to try to get him so what is Clark supposed to do? Stay quiet and hope no one remembers or say yeah we want to talk to Peyton when he is asked by the media?

I'll ask again: How does this help his credibility? it doesn't.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Makes no sense whatsoever.

But I also don't know how a seasoned GM can look at Cassel and the merry band of shit that we have at the QB position and think, "Yeah, this will work."

But it's happened for three years and counting.

I still haven't seen a legit option brought forward that would have made the team a contender. The QB's they passed on in those 3 years don't appear to be of the "franchise" variety. They can't create one out of thin air and sacks of shit.

dirk digler
03-11-2012, 03:01 PM

I'll ask again what is he supposed to do after Romeo opened his mouth?

As I have stated all along they can at least said they tried and they can't force FA's to come and play here.

Brock
03-11-2012, 03:04 PM

As I have stated all along they can at least said they tried and they can't force FA's to come and play here.

He doesn't have to address it at all. He's made his organization look second rate if he doesn't even get a look from manning. You guys have got this so backasswards it isn't funny.

My point here is that saying you're interested in Manning doesn't mean a thing if you didn't get him. It deflates interest in the team, it doesn't help. Put away the silly PR conspiracy theories.

mlyonsd
03-11-2012, 03:07 PM

As I have stated all along they can at least said they tried and they can't force FA's to come and play here.It just shows the public how inept you are if you express interest in a player but he won't even take a look.

When Clark said we were in, we were in.

Hammock Parties
03-11-2012, 03:11 PM

Pioli's not a seasoned GM.

He's been a GM for three-plus seasons.

Without Belichick to hold his hand he's proven to be nothing but an arrogant, paranoid my-way-or-the-highway fuckstick who is more dedicated to his stupid tree and Parcellsian philosophy than actually being objective when it comes to talent.

He was brainwashed long ago and clearly only knows one way to go about business and believes in it blindly.

bricks
03-11-2012, 03:12 PM

IMO, it would be an attempt to protect his reputation as an owner by trying to cover things up from the worst possible situation. If Clark lies and covers things up nobody will be able to tell. Because nobody knows his intentions.

As an owner the last thing you want is for the fans to be against you.

chiefzilla1501
03-11-2012, 03:12 PM
He doesn't have to address it at all. He's made his organization look second rate if he doesn't even get a look from manning. You guys have got this so backasswards it isn't funny.

My point here is that saying you're interested in Manning doesn't mean a thing if you didn't get him. It deflates interest in the team, it doesn't help. Put away the silly PR conspiracy theories.

If it's a conspiracy theory, the Chiefs look like they are okay with Orton or Cassel as their starting QB, unless they plan to trade up to reach for a non-elite prospect like Tannehill. Not good.

If it's that they're trying but Peyton Manning doesn't want to visit, that's a bad statement about what bad shape our front office is in. Even worse.

If Peyton visits and decides it's not right for him, okay. There's a lot of factors going into that decision. I would hope that Clark/Pioli fully understand that if Peyton doesn't visit us at all, then Clark Hunt better be ready for empty seats and Pioli better start thinking about if he's going to even be here in 2 years.

DeezNutz
03-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Pioli's not a seasoned GM.

He's been a GM for three-plus seasons.

Yep. My mistake.

whoman69
03-11-2012, 03:51 PM

Matt "Plan B" Cassel.

I think I'd drop that down to "plan D" for desperate

ROYC75
03-11-2012, 03:54 PM

:hmmm: Mid week, sounds familiar! :harumph:

O.city
03-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Does anyone know anything new on the situation>

zonachief
03-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Does anyone know anything new on the situation>

Snooki is having his baby...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

dirk digler
03-11-2012, 05:27 PM

I would agree with you if Romeo hadn't opened his mouth. But since he did the organization has to say to something one way or another.

And I guarantee you that if they don't get Manning they will say they tried and since Peyton is FA it takes to two to make it work.

Which ironically is EXACTLY what they have said publicly about Orton.

Brock
03-11-2012, 05:29 PM
I would agree with you if Romeo hadn't opened his mouth. But since he did the organization has to say to something one way or another.

No. That's a silly viewpoint. They gained nothing by making that statement.

dirk digler
03-11-2012, 05:40 PM
No. That's a silly viewpoint. They gained nothing by making that statement.

The expectation was already there when Romeo said what he did. Or does what the head coach say hold no weight?

Brock
03-11-2012, 05:44 PM
The expectation was already there when Romeo said what he did. Or does what the head coach say hold no weight?

Well, by all means, let's multiply expectations by 1000 by having the owner shoot his mouth off.

Thig Lyfe
03-11-2012, 05:49 PM
hey guys what if we sign peyton manning???

dirk digler
03-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Well, by all means, let's multiply expectations by 1000 by having the owner shoot his mouth off.

I don't see it that way all I heard Clark say is we will talk to him. He didn't say we are going to make a huge push to sign him just that we will talk to him and that he is very happy with the 2012 team so far.

Brock
03-11-2012, 05:54 PM
I don't see it that way all I heard Clark say is we will talk to him. He didn't say we are going to make a huge push to sign him just that we will talk to him and that he is very happy with the 2012 team so far.

Then your whole point about Clark fooling the fans into thinking they were serious is shot to hell.

ROYC75
03-11-2012, 06:02 PM

So you feel that since Romeo's comments came out Clark has to do damage control ?

Okay ..........:shake:

Has anybody noticed that Pioli has not made any comments about PM ?

dirk digler
03-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Then your whole point about Clark fooling the fans into thinking they were serious is shot to hell.

I guess it depends on how people view his statement.

O.city
03-11-2012, 06:08 PM
So does anyone know if Hoover's comments were jokes? I'm assuming they were.

Chief Roundup
03-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Whoever wrote this article should not be geetting paid. There are a ton of spelling and grammatical errors in it.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Whoever wrote this article should not be geetting paid. There are a ton of spelling and grammatical errors in it.

And how does this relate to PM becoming a chief ? Shut UP !