PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs check out QB Chandler Harnish at NIU Pro Day

NIUhuskies
03-11-2012, 11:16 AM
From talking to my buddies back at NIU, the Chiefs have been showing a ton on interest in Chandler. They talked with him a lot and the combine, came to the pro day, and Ive heard they might bring him in for a visit and workout. Im a huge fan of this game and would love to pick this kid up in the 5th or 6th round. He translates really well to the direction the NFL seems to be heading with more and more athletic QBs coming in. Not saying this kid is RG3 or anything, but hes a great leader, smart kid, can run and has a great arm.

2011 stats: 3216 yds passing 62% completion rate 28 TDs 6 INTs 153 Passer Rating 1231 yds rushing 10 TDs

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R3r2QIv_pyo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJ's left nut
03-11-2012, 11:20 AM
{facepalm}

Of course they are...

NIUhuskies
03-11-2012, 11:23 AM
{facepalm}

Of course they are...

??

RealSNR
03-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Wow. I gotta say, out of all the QBs not named Luck, Griffin, or Tannehill, this guy seems to demonstrate the best balance of zip and accuracy in his arm.

His roll-out throws, however, are U-G-L-Y. Shit footwork. And though accurate, his release is pretty lazy, too.

But all that being said, he looks like the kind of QB I'd much rather take over Cousins, Weeden, or Lindley. I'd even be willing to go as high as the 5th round possibly. I like what I see far more than the others in this draft.

Austin Davis was my late-round-flier raw prospect who could be turned into a pretty good QB with enough time and coaching, but I'll have to reconsider now.

Nightfyre
03-11-2012, 11:53 AM
It appears to me that he has a quick release and adequate arm strength. His footwork is awful, resulting in inconsistent accuracy. Sometimes he puts the ball right on the money, though. His vision while running is terrific. However, some of those throws he forces will not hold up in the NFL.

whoman69
03-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Not sure what the point of another 5th round flyer is going to get us, especially since we just did it last year. Only way it makes sense is if they've already given up on Stanzi. If we get the promised QB competition, one of those two would have to go.

DJ's left nut
03-11-2012, 12:16 PM
??

It means that they aren't going to add to the QB pool.

If they take this kid in the 5th, he'll be their 'competition' for Cassel along with Stanzi. He'll be just another half-assed attempt at addressing the QB position and just another example of Pioli trying to prove that he's the smartest guy in the room.

It's just more Chiefs bullshit. Just more trying to address the most important position in organized sports on a nickle budget.

It's just the Chiefs being the Chiefs.

Direckshun
03-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Wow. I gotta say, out of all the QBs not named Luck, Griffin, or Tannehill, this guy seems to demonstrate the best balance of zip and accuracy in his arm.

His roll-out throws, however, are U-G-L-Y. Shit footwork. And though accurate, his release is pretty lazy, too.

But all that being said, he looks like the kind of QB I'd much rather take over Cousins, Weeden, or Lindley. I'd even be willing to go as high as the 5th round possibly. I like what I see far more than the others in this draft.

Austin Davis was my late-round-flier raw prospect who could be turned into a pretty good QB with enough time and coaching, but I'll have to reconsider now.

I think the Chiefs could be targeting Davis for the late rounds.

Perfect Chiefs prospect.

DJ's left nut
03-11-2012, 12:54 PM
A perfect "Chiefs prospect" at quarterback is doomed to fail, you realize that right?

Let's not look for anymore "Chiefs prospects" at quarterback - they universally suck. Besides, we already have one of those with Stanzi.

Either commit to the position w/ a guy like Tannehill, or just stay out of the QB draft altogether and try to find the next Carr.

Grabbing another flyer in the 5th or 6th round just doesn't do us any good at all.

ToxSocks
03-11-2012, 01:01 PM
A perfect "Chiefs prospect" at quarterback is doomed to fail, you realize that right?

Let's not look for anymore "Chiefs prospects" at quarterback - they universally suck. Besides, we already have one of those with Stanzi.

Either commit to the position w/ a guy like Tannehill, or just stay out of the QB draft altogether and try to find the next Carr.

Grabbing another flyer in the 5th or 6th round just doesn't do us any good at all.

I had to THIS, this.

jspchief
03-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Is there room for him and Stanzi both on the inactive list? If so, bring him in. You can never have enough QBs that don't get a chance.

htismaqe
03-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Is there room for him and Stanzi both on the inactive list? If so, bring him in. You can never have enough QBs that don't get a chance.

THIS.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Not sure what the point of another 5th round flyer is going to get us, especially since we just did it last year. Only way it makes sense is if they've already given up on Stanzi. If we get the promised QB competition, one of those two would have to go.

Pioli has mentioned on more than one occassion he'd like to draft a QB every year. This guy looks good to me, quick release and accuracy. Is he a little to run happy. Maybe. Draft him in the 5th.

CoMoChief
03-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Cassel.....meet your competition ROFL

lewdog
03-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Cassel.....meet you competition ROFL

Sadly, this is what the franchise probably meant by getting "competition" in camp for Cassel

:facepalm:

Bewbies
03-11-2012, 06:58 PM
They better not draft him until the 6th--Pioli knows that's where you find the franchise. LMAO

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Sadly, this is what the franchise probably meant by getting "competition" in camp for Cassel

:facepalm:

That appears to be exactly what they had in mind.

Like I said - typical Chiefs move.

Fuck Pioli with a shovel.

Chiefnj2
03-12-2012, 01:02 PM
They aren't going to draft anyone like Harnish. They aren't going into the season with Cassel, and two guys who never took a regular season NFL snap.

NIUhuskies
03-12-2012, 01:57 PM
They aren't going to draft anyone like Harnish. They aren't going into the season with Cassel, and two guys who never took a regular season NFL snap.

But they would have drafted RG3 or Luck, so doesn't that put them in the same place? Cassel and 2 guys that haven't taken an NFL snap...

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 02:06 PM
But they would have drafted RG3 or Luck, so doesn't that put them in the same place? Cassel and 2 guys that haven't taken an NFL snap...

Yes.

That's exactly why the Colts are looking at Harnish at #1 overall...

I believe his point was perhaps more nuanced than it reads literally...

aturnis
03-12-2012, 10:32 PM
I'd be perfectly happy going into next season with Stanzi and Harnish. I'd rather attempt to develop a QB than not try at all. Really would prefer Cassel goes though.

whoman69
03-14-2012, 01:24 PM

Nope, we'll go into the season with Stanzi and someone else who has no shot of giving him any real competition. Henne or Quinn will be a Chief. Pioli probably thinks he can bring Derek Anderson in and call it competition.

whoman69
03-14-2012, 01:26 PM

The difference is that Luck or RG3 would be competition to start the minute they sign their contract.

HemiEd
03-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Cassel.....meet your competition ROFL

'snot funny.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-14-2012, 06:42 PM
This guy has aPeyton like throwing motion. Good enough for me !

DJ's left nut
03-15-2012, 08:53 AM
'snot funny.

'snot inaccurate.

buddha
03-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Harnish has very nice skills. Some of you clowns have no idea what you're talking about.

BTW, doesn't every opposing QB look good when they play KU?

NIUhuskies
03-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Harnish has very nice skills. Some of you clowns have no idea what you're talking about.

BTW, doesn't every opposing QB look good when they play KU?

agreed. even though we signed quinn, i still have a feeling we draft a QB late for the practice squad. thats why i like Harnish for that role after the disaster last year with palko this past year. i think pioli and company are going to make sure we have capable backups at all costs and atleast spend time developing young guys.

well sh1t, having a capable starter as well would be nice