PDA

View Full Version : MU Check out this sign from a Mizzou bar

Nzoner
03-11-2012, 03:50 PM
we were at yesterday called 5th Down.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/p480x480/428636_412382848777439_100000171810493_1795696_1461086056_n.jpg

DaFace
03-11-2012, 03:52 PM
That would make a much better statement if their idea of an alternative weren't Budweiser.

kcpasco
03-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Coors taste like piss anyways.

Nzoner
03-11-2012, 03:55 PM
That would make a much better statement if their idea of an alternative weren't Budweiser.

They had Boulevard Wheat on tap so it was all good by me.

DaFace
03-11-2012, 03:58 PM
They had Boulevard Wheat on tap so it was all good by me.

Ah, good. That's acceptable then. :thumb:

gblowfish
03-11-2012, 04:31 PM
The biggest American owned brewery in Missouri is Boulevard.

Bambi
03-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Coors > Bud. And it's not close

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-11-2012, 04:48 PM
The only real question is which turd smells the least.

edit... in response to Wickedson

BigMeatballDave
03-11-2012, 04:48 PM

LOL

Titty Meat
03-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Most butthurt fans ever.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-11-2012, 04:52 PM
I don't follow college football. Why did MU give Colorado a 5th down?

burt
03-11-2012, 04:55 PM

They are generous like that......

CoMoChief
03-11-2012, 04:56 PM
what bar is that?

bevischief
03-11-2012, 05:03 PM
we were at yesterday called 5th Down.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/p480x480/428636_412382848777439_100000171810493_1795696_1461086056_n.jpg

I won't be a patron any time soon.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-11-2012, 05:06 PM
They are generous like that......

Oh. So why are they whining about it?

Spott
03-11-2012, 05:54 PM

I don't blame you. :)

kstater
03-11-2012, 05:55 PM

Because they can't count.

TrebMaxx
03-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Damn, I wish I knew you were at the 5th Down. I live in the Vanderveen subdivision and would of bought you a beer or two Nzoner.

Bearcat
03-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Oh. So why are they whining about it?

It's kind of what they do... I'm going to open a bar across the street from Willie's and call it '8th'.

DaFace
03-11-2012, 05:59 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_Down_Game_(1990)

Dartgod
03-11-2012, 06:08 PM

Horse piss > goat piss
Posted via Mobile Device

lewdog
03-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Haha this is awesome!

ROFL LMAO

mikeyis4dcats.
03-11-2012, 06:17 PM
LOL

Coors sucks.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-11-2012, 07:08 PM
I don't blame you. :)

Yeah I know... KU fan so obviously I don't care about football is how the drum beats on... I hear it all the time. Difference is I actually just don't get into the college game. I didn't even know KU was good enough to be in the Orange Bowl until they were in it whatever year that was and I didn't watch it. Sure I wouldn't mind KU being good at football because I like KU in general, but it doesn't matter to me if it never happens either. Just sayin.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-11-2012, 07:09 PM
It's kind of what they do... I'm going to open a bar across the street from Willie's and call it '8th'.

See I would understand and appreciate that reference heh. Make sure you get a temporary sign though so you can change the name each year.

:)

Chief_For_Life58
03-11-2012, 07:13 PM

colorado > missouri. And it's not close

Nzoner
03-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Damn, I wish I knew you were at the 5th Down. I live in the Vanderveen subdivision and would of bought you a beer or two Nzoner.

That would've been great,I'll try and shoot you a pm the next time I'm heading that way,I like free beer.

Frazod
03-12-2012, 08:26 AM

God, even your taste in beer sucks shit.

And yes, Buttwiper is horrible, but at least it's actual beer.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 08:31 AM

Ha, I live across the road in Belmont Village. 5th down kinda blows, though.

Bambi
03-12-2012, 08:34 AM
God, even your taste in beer sucks shit.

And yes, Buttwiper is horrible, but at least it's actual beer.

Let me clarify. Coors Light > Bud Light

when it comes to Coors Original vs Bud I prefer Bud but I rarely drink full calorie beer.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Let me clarify. Coors Light > Bud Light

when it comes to Coors Original vs Bud I prefer Bud but I rarely drink full calorie beer.

G'damn I love this guy...

A Larryville supporter that fawns over New York City's gun laws and drinks nothing but light beer. It's like he was built in a lab designed to create the world's biggest pussy.

Hey, an update on NYC's fantastic new crime control measures - a good friend of mine had a sister go into an epileptic fit on a subway platform while visiting NYC last week....she got robbed as she was convulsing.

I'm sure they were just trying to find her ID.

Don't ever change, Wickedson. Please don't ever change.

Dartgod
03-12-2012, 08:45 AM

A Larryville supporter that fawns over New York City's gun laws and drinks nothing but light beer. It's like he was built in a lab designed to create the world's biggest pussy.

Hey, an update on NYC's fantastic new crime control measures - a good friend of mine had a sister go into an epileptic fit on a subway platform while visiting NYC last week....she got robbed as she was convulsing.

ROFL

WV
03-12-2012, 08:49 AM

This if I'm drinking domestic. But even then I'm not picking either, just can't stand Bud.

Bambi
03-12-2012, 09:01 AM

Whatever bitch.

You talk shit and don't know me. Forgive me if I don't bother to care.

Nzoner
03-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Ha, I live across the road in Belmont Village. 5th down kinda blows, though.

Upon first walking in(we were invited by my besst friend's brother)I was like wtf as there were only 4 other people there.Thankfully they had Boulevard Wheat or we'd been gone right away.Five minutes before tip the place was all but packed.

Our after the game festivities found us in downtown mainly at Shiloh's where English and Moore showed up and were treated like rock stars.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Whatever bitch.

You talk shit and don't know me. Forgive me if I don't bother to care.

Oh don't worry, sweetheart - I'll totally buy you a Mich Ultra should you ever deign to make your way into our fair city.

Bambi
03-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Oh don't worry, sweetheart - I'll totally buy you a Mich Ultra should you ever deign to make your way into our fair city.

So what happened to your sister's friend?

Not one person helped her?

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Upon first walking in(we were invited by my besst friend's brother)I was like wtf as there were only 4 other people there.Thankfully they had Boulevard Wheat or we'd been gone right away.Five minutes before tip the place was all but packed.

Our after the game festivities found us in downtown mainly at Shiloh's where English and Moore showed up and were treated like rock stars.

Shiloh's is our generally haunt for game action as well. It's a hell of a good college bar.

Moore can usually be found somewhere in downtown Columbia. He tries to tell folks that his name is Curtis and that he's not Steve Moore...as though Columbia is full of 6'8'', 275 lb black men...

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 09:09 AM
So what happened to your sister's friend?

Not one person helped her?

Evidently someone found the time to call the paramedics.

Gotta love New Yorkers...

Bambi
03-12-2012, 09:14 AM
Evidently someone found the time to call the paramedics.

Gotta love New Yorkers...

That's good to hear. I'm sorry she had issues before she got help.

It's usually not the case here.

Frazod
03-12-2012, 09:19 AM

I have to spread some rep around before giving it to DJ's left nut again.

Nzoner
03-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Shiloh's is our generally haunt for game action as well. It's a hell of a good college bar.

Definitely agree with that,our day actually started at Sports Zone at the Holiday Inn,dead as hell but that giant screen in the center is :thumb:

FishingRod
03-12-2012, 11:04 AM
No offense guys but Wheat beer is for people that don’t like the taste of Beer. Not that Coors or Bud are any good. One should be able to put your fork in your cup of grog and not have it fall over.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Definitely agree with that,our day actually started at Sports Zone at the Holiday Inn,dead as hell but that giant screen in the center is :thumb:

Next time you're in town, grab a cheap 1-topping at Shiloh's and a $5 domestic, knock 'em out then run over to CJ's for a couple pounds of wings. They're two-blocks up Broadway, right across the street from McNally's and Tropical Liquors.

CJ's makes the best wings I've ever had.

Frazod
03-12-2012, 11:18 AM
No offense guys but Wheat beer is for people that don’t like the taste of Beer. Not that Coors or Bud are any good. One should be able to put your fork in your cup of grog and not have it fall over.

There was a time when I drank cheap shitty beer for no other reason than to get drunk as quickly as possible, and I've drank enough shitty beer in my life to fill a water tower. Now I'm older and don't care about spending my like intoxicated, I drink quality beer that actually doesn't taste like piss. And my favorite is Hacker Pschorr Weiss.

Same reason I drink Macallan now instead of Jack Daniels.

Bump
03-12-2012, 11:23 AM
I haven't had a crappy light beer in years. There are so many better choices out there and it really pisses off the powerhouse "breweries" Anything made by blvd is so much better, or Stone, or most craft beers. OPEN UP YOUR TASTE BUDS PEOPLE

1ChiefsDan
03-12-2012, 11:23 AM
That's great. Just shows that muron's get and stay butthurt about everything. ROFL

FishingRod
03-12-2012, 11:30 AM
There was a time when I drank cheap shitty beer for no other reason than to get drunk as quickly as possible, and I've drank enough shitty beer in my life to fill a water tower. Now I'm older and don't care about spending my like intoxicated, I drink quality beer that actually doesn't taste like piss. And my favorite is Hacker Pschorr Weiss.

Same reason I drink Macallan now instead of Jack Daniels.

I drink a fair amount of crap still. Mostly because between Mrs. Fishingrod and myself we have a pack children and their friends that are 20 something the like to join us at the old lake house. If I’m buying which often turns out to be the case they can drink Bush light. I do enjoy Boulevard’s Bully Porter and their Irish Ale as well as a Guinness. I would rather drink a Coors Light than a wheat beer I just don’t like the stuff.

jbwm89
03-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Clever sign but that bar sucks. It's way away from downtown columbia, the food is bad and the service sucks.

Nzoner
03-12-2012, 11:54 AM
I drink a fair amount of crap still. Mostly because between Mrs. Fishingrod and myself we have a pack children and their friends that are 20 something the like to join us at the old lake house. If I’m buying which often turns out to be the case they can drink Bush light. I do enjoy Boulevard’s Bully Porter and their Irish Ale as well as a Guinness. I would rather drink a Coors Light than a wheat beer I just don’t like the stuff.

My local watering hole serves what they call a Thundercloud,half Blvd. Wheat half Guinness,it's not too bad at all.

Frazod
03-12-2012, 12:23 PM

If you'd rather drink Coors Light than anything, you really shouldn't be talking about anybody else not liking the taste of beer.

Bambi
03-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Clever sign but that bar sucks. It's way away from downtown columbia, the food is bad and the service sucks.

LMAO

Brock
03-12-2012, 12:30 PM
And my favorite is Hacker Pschorr Weiss.

Oh man. I love that shiznit.

Bambi
03-12-2012, 12:31 PM

Most of us younger people like to stay in shape so drinking full calorie beer is out of the question.

Of those Coors Light is definitely the best choice. Not a big fan of Pete Coors but his beer is the best light choice.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Most of us younger people like to stay in shape so drinking full calorie beer is out of the question.

Of those Coors Light is definitely the best choice. Not a big fan of Pete Coors but his beer is the best light choice.

My beers are Guiness and Sam Adams and I'm in fine shape.

Some of us just aren't pussies that never weaned themselves off Natty.

Besides, if you really cared about staying in shape and had a sack, you'd just drink scotch.

Admit it, it's that pretty bottle that sucks you in every time, isn't it? The teardrop shape on those Ultra's has pulled in many a indecisive young lady.

Bump
03-12-2012, 12:39 PM

that's just dumb, honestly. Unless you drink 10 beers per day, the calories are null.

Bambi
03-12-2012, 12:41 PM
My beers are Guiness and Sam Adams and I'm in fine shape.

Some of us just aren't pussies that never weaned themselves off Natty.

Besides, if you really cared about staying in shape and had a sack, you'd just drink scotch.

Admit it, it's that pretty bottle that sucks you in every time, isn't it? The teardrop shape on those Ultra's has pulled in many a indecisive young lady.

Why are you so angry?

Bambi
03-12-2012, 12:42 PM
that's just dumb, honestly. Unless you drink 10 beers per day, the calories are null.

well... :hmmm:

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Why are you so angry?

Where do you pick up your feminine products?

Nzoner
03-12-2012, 12:52 PM

Although I had none of the food,we're in agreement here,I posted this because I thought the sign was very clever and would've loved to have seen the reaction of the Coors rep when they met the owner.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Although I had none of the food,we're in agreement here,I posted this because I thought the sign was very clever and would've loved to have seen the reaction of the Coors rep when they met the owner.

They do a solid chicken sandwich there, but that's about it.

It was better when it was TPs. Then again, they threw us out once when it was TPs, so screw those guys, too.

Nzoner
03-12-2012, 12:57 PM

It was better when it was TPs. Then again, they threw us out once when it was TPs, so screw those guys, too.

What's the story behind that if you don't mind telling?

FishingRod
03-12-2012, 12:57 PM
If you'd rather drink Coors Light than anything, you really shouldn't be talking about anybody else not liking the taste of beer.

It was just to show how little I like Wheat beer.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 01:03 PM
What's the story behind that if you don't mind telling?

Eh, nothing too terribly exciting, we just got pretty loud and ornery during a Cardinals World Series game. Got pretty boozed up, knocked some pitchers over and then started flipping each other a bunch of shit for it fairly loudly. Another buddy of mine got mouthy with a dude at the table next to us because we were being 'too loud' (it was a WS game, FFS).

Any other night and I'd have said we earned it, but it was a WS game - the whole bar was pretty ornery. Ultimately I think we probably annoyed a regular and got tossed for it.

Fortunately I lived nearby, so we just went to my place to catch the last few innings.

Nzoner
03-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Eh, nothing too terribly exciting, we just got pretty loud and ornery during a Cardinals World Series game. Got pretty boozed up, knocked some pitchers over and then started flipping each other a bunch of shit for it fairly loudly. Another buddy of mine got mouthy with a dude at the table next to us because we were being 'too loud' (it was a WS game, FFS).

Any other night and I'd have said we earned it, but it was a WS game - the whole bar was pretty ornery. Ultimately I think we probably annoyed a regular and got tossed for it.

Fortunately I lived nearby, so we just went to my place to catch the last few innings.

Sounds like we definitely need to get together for some drinks at sometime.

The bartenders at my local watering hole always cringe when they see someone walk in wearing Jayhawk gear and I'm boozed up as my standard and quite loud greeting is,"the river is five miles that way,get your ass across it if wearing that,this is a Missouri bar!"

TrebMaxx
03-12-2012, 03:19 PM

I will second that! It was better when it was TPs. I don't mind going there once in awhile but not for the food. When it was TPs I liked the Blackend Chicken and their wings. It is good that if I get shit faced it is only a few streets away and I can walk home if I had to.

veist
03-12-2012, 03:34 PM

This is just dumb, the calories are in the alcohol. There are plenty of full flavor beers that run in the 4.5% alcohol range. Can you seriously not find a way to cut a few calories somewhere else to not drink piss?

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 03:34 PM
I will second that! It was better when it was TPs. I don't mind going there once in awhile but not for the food. When it was TPs I liked the Blackend Chicken and their wings. It is good that if I get shit faced it is only a few streets away and I can walk home if I had to.

Did you get about 8 guys and a couple of girls in their early/mid 20's tossed out of there in 2006?

If so, !@#$ you, man.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 03:37 PM
This is just dumb, the calories are in the alcohol. There are plenty of full flavor beers that run in the 4.5% alcohol range. Can you seriously not find a way to cut a few calories somewhere else to not drink piss?

Wickedson is in fine form today.

He should really subject himself daily to a panel of CP voters. At about noon on any given day, he should make a poll - "judging from my posts thus far, is it wise for me to keep posting today? Or should I sit the next couple out and try again tomorrow?"

It would be like the BAC of posting quality. He'd save himself a ton of headache that way because his true implosions always start the same way. By about noon he's said something staggering idiotic, then he'll spend the next 8 hours loudly and foolishly defending said position, in the process digging himself an even deeper hole.

I'm thinking he'd have been better off for having just thrown his keyboard in a dumpster at around 11 this morning; it would've saved all of us some braincells.

Nzoner
03-12-2012, 03:38 PM

Did you get about 8 guys and a couple of girls in their early/mid 20's tossed out of there in 2006?

If so, !@#$ you, man.

So if I'm reading this right you guys are all but neighbors.Sounds like the perfect excuse for beers and a bbq.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 03:40 PM
So if I'm reading this right you guys are all but neighbors.Sounds like the perfect excuse for beers and a bbq.

Real life scares me.

Hamas lives around us as well. In fact, I've seen him before and he doesn't even know it.

He has a snazzy rainbow colored belt, though...

(C'mon Hamas, you know you want to come out now)

Frazod
03-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Wickedson's main problem is that he's a weak-minded fool and thus easily programmable. Just as he has been programmed to hate guns, he's been programmed to drink cheap shitty beer.

He probably thinks the Coors silver bullet train is real.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Wickedson's main problem is that he's a weak-minded fool and thus easily programmable. Just as he has been programmed to hate guns, he's been programmed to drink cheap shitty beer.

He probably thinks the Coors silver bullet train is real.

The NYC subway system is right pissed off at him. He keeps trying to shove those bottle caps into the advertising over top of the seats and just can't figure out why his subway car isn't turning into a bar and hot brunettes aren't throwing themselves at him.

Lying assholes...

veist
03-12-2012, 03:46 PM
You two are in peak form today, goddamn.

Nzoner
03-12-2012, 03:52 PM
The ONLY thing Coors Light ever had going for it...

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/coors-light-twins.jpg

Spott
03-12-2012, 03:53 PM
The NYC subway system is right pissed off at him. He keeps trying to shove those bottle caps into the advertising over top of the seats and just can't figure out why his subway car isn't turning into a bar and hot brunettes aren't throwing themselves at him.

Lying assholes...

The brunettes were there, but he was too busy playing on his laptop and trying to convince everyone on CP that NYC is full fledged KU town while the women were pole dancing to Jay Sean.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 03:55 PM
You two are in peak form today, goddamn.

mmmmm....two in peak form.....

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/coors-light-twins.jpg

:drool:

Titty Meat
03-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Haha did Wickedson try to justify which beer to select by the calorie count?

Bambi
03-12-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm the only one on CP who drinks light beer?

I find that surprising.

listopencil
03-12-2012, 05:25 PM

I find that surprising.

I rarely drink beer. When I do, I drink Corona. That's all I got.

Titty Meat
03-12-2012, 05:43 PM

I find that surprising.

I drink Bud Light but don't give a shit about the calories. It's ridiculous you are so health conscious about calories yet drink poison.

Did you happen to live in Blue Valley before Lawrence?

TrebMaxx
03-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Real life scares me.

Hamas lives around us as well. In fact, I've seen him before and he doesn't even know it.

He has a snazzy rainbow colored belt, though...

(C'mon Hamas, you know you want to come out now)

LOL! When we are at the dog park and I see somebody with two labs I wonder to myself if that might be you. But I don't feel comfortable going up to some stranger and asking... Are you DJ's Left Nut? That would be strange! :D

Caseyguyrr
03-12-2012, 06:39 PM

i always knew you were a douchebag. This confirms it.

Brock
03-12-2012, 06:41 PM

I find that surprising.

I drink light beer, but I don't talk about it like it's good.

Bearcat
03-12-2012, 07:02 PM

I find that surprising.

sedated does, and he likes it. You two should totally hang out.

Bambi
03-12-2012, 07:25 PM
I drink Bud Light but don't give a shit about the calories. It's ridiculous you are so health conscious about calories yet drink poison.

Did you happen to live in Blue Valley before Lawrence?

Its not just calories. Carbs are a concern too.

Plus you can drink many, many more light beers before you get that heavy stomach feeling. I do a ton of tailgaiting and pool drinking all day long.

I don't see what the big deal is and how it warrants calling someone a pussy. I have no interest in being fat.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 07:56 PM
LOL! When we are at the dog park and I see somebody with two labs I wonder to myself if that might be you. But I don't feel comfortable going up to some stranger and asking... Are you DJ's Left Nut? That would be strange! :D

Now you have to look for 3.

If there are two brown ones that are being generally well-mannered but leaping into the pond, and a crazy black one that looks like he belongs in a Field and Stream magazine shoot but doesn't listen worth a !@#$ (because he know's he's just too good looking to be mad at), that would be me.

O.city
03-12-2012, 07:59 PM
DJ, you have 3 labs? Wow, power to you.

My one keeps us wound up enough. 6 months after having hip replacement surgery, he's like a puppy again.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 08:00 PM
I drink light beer, but I don't talk about it like it's good.

I have light beer in the fridge; everyone does. It's what you drink if you're going to be outside all day grilling/smoking/otherwise !@#$ing around. Try spending 12 hours alongside a smoker and drinking a Stout...you will curse the day you were born the next morning.

Then again, New Yorkers don't really know how to use things like a 'backyard', so we can't really hold that against Wanda. She only knows what she knows. Evidently that's wearing a pant-suit to the bar and spending $14 on a pint of watered down, 64 calorie, piss-water.

Gotta stay svelte to snag an investment banker...

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 08:02 PM
DJ, you have 3 labs? Wow, power to you.

My one keeps us wound up enough. 6 months after having hip replacement surgery, he's like a puppy again.

I'll never have fewer than 2.

I swear by this - 2 are easier than 1; they'll burn each other out a great deal of the time and by having a cohort, they become far less dependent on you for attention.

O.city
03-12-2012, 08:04 PM

I swear by this - 2 are easier than 1; they'll burn each other out a great deal of the time and by having a cohort, they become far less dependent on you for attention.

Thats definitely the case. We have a shitszu as well. They keep each other grounded.

KcMizzou
03-12-2012, 08:04 PM

I swear by this - 2 are easier than 1; they'll burn each other out a great deal of the time and by having a cohort, they become far less dependent on you for attention.I've heard that about labs before. They need a buddy to play with.

O.city
03-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Yeah, labs on their own get kinda crazy.

That said, I'll never have a dog that isn't a lab again.

Saul Good
03-12-2012, 10:25 PM
I have light beer in the fridge; everyone does. It's what you drink if you're going to be outside all day grilling/smoking/otherwise !@#$ing around. Try spending 12 hours alongside a smoker and drinking a Stout...you will curse the day you were born the next morning.

Then again, New Yorkers don't really know how to use things like a 'backyard', so we can't really hold that against Wanda. She only knows what she knows. Evidently that's wearing a pant-suit to the bar and spending $14 on a pint of watered down, 64 calorie, piss-water.

He doesn't live in New York. He's on the shitty side of the Hudson.

Bambi
03-12-2012, 11:53 PM

I have a backyard. I live in Hell's Kitchen.