PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Another OT available - Marcus McNeil

saphojunkie
03-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Close

Chargers will release OT Marcus McNeill this afternoon, according to his agent, Alvin Keels.
10:23 AM - 13 Mar 12 via web · Details

So that's McNeil, Gaither, Brown, and Winston all available. Hopefully the first three dilute the pool and somehow give us a better shot at Winston.

McNeil is a left tackle and aging, but it's worth noting. San Diego could lose both starting tackles from last year, as well as Vincent Jackson. God, that team is on the decline.

Pioli should have Winston's agent on one phone and Soliai's on the other at 2:59:59 PM.

Fritz88
03-13-2012, 12:08 PM
So A.J. Smith and Norv have been given a last chance?

Goof luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

HoneyBadger
03-13-2012, 12:09 PM
No excuses now to not sign someone.

Sofa King
03-13-2012, 12:12 PM
We will probably sign that Barry Richardson guy in Free Agency.

cabletech94
03-13-2012, 12:15 PM
We will probably sign that Barry Richardson guy in Free Agency.

you should die in an aids tree fire while drinking a gallon of anti-freeze.:clap:

Micjones
03-13-2012, 12:17 PM
McNeil's had the injury bug as of late...
I'd prefer Winston, but he's a viable option.

Mr. Laz
03-13-2012, 12:32 PM
isn't McNeil the guy that has to put the choke hold on Hali because he getting abused all the time?

MMXcalibur
03-13-2012, 12:35 PM
McNeil won't come to Kansas City. He still wakes up drenched in sweat from his last visit to Arrowhead.

Skyy God
03-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Yes, let's collect every available player in the league with a f'd up neck. McNeil, Peyton, Steve Slaton.

Who am I missing?

saphojunkie
03-13-2012, 12:53 PM
I didn't mean we should sign McNeil. I was saying that, hopefully, the collective interest in one of these guys makes us getting Winston, the only one I want, more possible.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Sign them all and then say "Peyton, Hey look over here"

talastan
03-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Pass on McNeil, pickup Winston...

http://images.wikia.com/ghostbusters/images/a/ab/Zeddemore_01.jpg

kcchiefsus
03-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Close

Chargers will release OT Marcus McNeill this afternoon, according to his agent, Alvin Keels.
10:23 AM - 13 Mar 12 via web · Details

So that's McNeil, Gaither, Brown, and Winston all available. Hopefully the first three dilute the pool and somehow give us a better shot at Winston.

McNeil is a left tackle and aging, but it's worth noting. San Diego could lose both starting tackles from last year, as well as Vincent Jackson. God, that team is on the decline.

Pioli should have Winston's agent on one phone and Soliai's on the other at 2:59:59 PM.

Winston was released so we can speak with him right away.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Dave Birkett‏@davebirkett

Close

Marcus McNeill plans to visit the Falcons and Chiefs next week. He took a physical w/Lions, said he was cleared a week ago to play

ModSocks
03-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Dave Birkett‏@davebirkett

Close

Marcus McNeill plans to visit the Falcons and Chiefs next week. He took a physical w/Lions, said he was cleared a week ago to play

McNeil would be a helluva pick up for depth. Imagine if we got Winston AND McNeil?

qabbaan
03-16-2012, 12:05 PM
McNeil - sackintosh part 2

CupidStunt
03-16-2012, 12:15 PM
McNeil would be a helluva pick up for depth. Imagine if we got Winston AND McNeil?

Depth. LMAO

He's going to get pretty decent money. Not Winston but very good nonetheless. Certainly won't be signing for pennies to be someone's swing tackle.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
03-16-2012, 12:19 PM

Actually it would finally allow them to move Albert to guard where he belongs.

:p

jspchief
03-16-2012, 12:21 PM
I don't see mcneil on the right side.

Shox
03-16-2012, 01:22 PM
I don't see McNeil at RT and he is very over-rated at LT. Maybe it is just because he has been playing hurt the past couple of seasons, but unless he is going to play at a much higher level than he has been I want no part of what he would cost.

ModSocks
03-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Depth. LMAO

He's going to get pretty decent money. Not Winston but very good nonetheless. Certainly won't be signing for pennies to be someone's swing tackle.

McNeil is an injury prone LT that is very over rated.

The fact that their line got better once Gaither stepped in speaks volumes.

ModSocks
03-16-2012, 01:26 PM
I don't see McNeil at RT and he is very over-rated at LT. Maybe it is just because he has been playing hurt the past couple of seasons, but unless he is going to play at a much higher level than he has been I want no part of what he would cost.

If he's coming to KC, ima guess he's not going to cost much. This is another player that has to prove he can stay healthy and be the player he was 3 years ago.

alpha_omega
03-16-2012, 01:29 PM
No thank you.

RUSH
03-16-2012, 01:30 PM
He would be a good swing tackle if they land Winston.

Okie_Apparition
03-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Albert had to take an injury time out every game or 3

Of course he always came in the next play
& it could of had something to do with the QB hanging on to the ball too long
or buying the old man & play callers time to get a play in

CoMoChief
03-16-2012, 01:56 PM
My god did we absolutely mis-use Jared Gaither.

And we started Palko at QB.

Fuck you Haley.....that's just criminally stupid.

Chiefaholic
03-16-2012, 02:31 PM
you should die in an aids tree fire while drinking a gallon of anti-freeze.:clap:

Off topic: I read this site almost every day for the last 10+ years and hear this "Aids Tree Fire" all too frequently. Who started this and why? It doesn't make much sense, yet multiple people use it quite a bit.

Chiefaholic
03-16-2012, 02:34 PM
isn't McNeil the guy that has to put the choke hold on Hali because he getting abused all the time?

This is basically every left tackle in the NFL. Refs don't want their franchise QB's hurt, so they turn a blind eye to holding to keep QB's upright.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-16-2012, 02:42 PM
would we sign winston to play RT and sign Mcneil to play LT and move albert to play guard

Nightfyre
03-16-2012, 03:17 PM
would we sign winston to play RT and sign Mcneil to play LT and move albert to play guard

Albert is not getting moved to Guard. JFC people! Weetahded.

Buckweath
03-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Albert is not getting moved to Guard. JFC people! Weetahded.

THIS. Assuming we sign Winston, I`m pretty sure our Oline next year will be:

Albert-Lilja-Hudson-Asamoah-Winston

I personnally wouldn`t draft Decastro at 11th overall. Asamoah looks like he could become a top notch guard in this league and he was drafted as a high 3rd round pick, that`s where you want to find your future guards.