PDA

View Full Version : Football Vincent Jackson Tampa Bay bound?

Al Bundy
03-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

In addition to trying to sign WR Vincent Jackson, Buccaneers trying to sign G Carl Nicks. Two top free agents could be Tampa bound.

TheGuardian
03-13-2012, 03:49 PM
No no no I heard that Washington was going to sign Jackson for RGIII. It was all but a given.

rolls fucking eyes.......

Sofa King
Uh. Free Agency thread.

ChiefMojo
Well they do have the a crap load of cap room. It is amazing when you witness someone actually use it to get big time players.

Hoover
03-13-2012, 03:50 PM
NFC please

Targeting Nicks too.

Al Bundy
03-13-2012, 03:54 PM
NFC please

Targeting Nicks too.

Curtis Lofton as well.

sd4chiefs
03-13-2012, 08:58 PM
It's offical. LMAO

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/sports/

Vincent Jackson’s time in San Diego is over after a seven-year run that near the end became known as much for its drama as its excellence.

Jackson’s departure was expected, as the Chargers recently became resigned to the fact they would lose their most versatile, most dependable, most productive receiver.

Still, Jackson finding a new home happened quicker than expected. And while the final overall price might ave come in slightly lower than projected, the 29-year-old receiver got a substantial windfall in up-front money.

Jackson agreed Tuesday to a five-year, $55.56 million contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He will receive $13 million fully guaranteed in each of the first two seasons and is scheduled to make another $10 million in the third year of the deal. Tampa Bay had approximately $45 million in cap space and could, thus, afford to guarantee so much in the early seasons.

Hammock Parties
03-13-2012, 09:00 PM
All the idiots talking shit on Josh Freeman, constantly repeating the ill-conceived notion that we shouldn't have drafted him and Pioli was doing the best thing by trading for Cassel, will soon eat giant piles of crow.

TheGuardian
03-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Nah. Vincent Jackson is terribly overrated.

Rain Man
03-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Why do teams sign these spoiled prima donna guys? I wouldn't even have him on my list to consider. Let some other team deal with the tantrums and the crying and the drama.

WildTurkey
03-13-2012, 10:40 PM
All the idiots talking shit on Josh Freeman, constantly repeating the ill-conceived notion that we shouldn't have drafted him and Pioli was doing the best thing by trading for Cassel, will soon eat giant piles of crow.

Agreed I think he's going to do well paired up with a wr like Jackson. Should help free up Mike Williams which will make that offense pretty damn good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk