PDA

View Full Version : Football Reggie Wayne Resigned w/ Colts

T-post Tom
03-13-2012, 07:57 PM
3 yr deal per Adam Schefter. So much for the Phins/Manning/Marshall/Wayne rumors...

SPATCH
03-13-2012, 07:59 PM
So that whole "Dolphins trading away Marshall to make room for Wayne along with Manning" thing.... yeah... about that.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-13-2012, 07:59 PM
So does this mean Peyton is going to the Colts?

He would be a perfect fit there IMO.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Wow - good for the Colts and good for their fans.

Wayne's a class dude, they're smart to bring him back to help out Luck.

T-post Tom
03-13-2012, 08:01 PM
So that whole "Dolphins trading away Marshall to make room for Wayne along with Manning" thing.... yeah... about that.

If only I had said that. :thumb:

L.A. Chieffan
Fuck you pioli, fuck you.

Hoover
Wayne and Luck should sell some tix

bricks
wow....wasn't expecting this at all.

you just never know.

I totally expect him to go wherever Peyton was going.

T-post Tom
03-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Finnegan to Rams. $50M/5yr

BigMeatballDave
03-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Didnt see that coming

-King-
03-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Wonder what it means to teams interested in Manning.

Carlota69
03-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Didnt see that coming
Thats probably what we'll be saying when Manning signs with_____________.

rico
03-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Wonder what it means to teams interested in Manning.

I was wondering the same thing.... seems kinda Fitz-friendly.

mr. tegu
03-13-2012, 08:07 PM
IMO this effectively puts Denver out of the Manning race. Peyton knows those receivers are not up to par.

T-post Tom
03-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Thats probably what we'll be saying when Manning signs with_Chiefs_____.

(Employing false reporting strategy from the Denver media. Suck it dungover.)

-King-
03-13-2012, 08:12 PM
IMO this effectively puts Denver out of the Manning race. Peyton knows those receivers are not up to par.

That's what I was thinking. I can't see him going there and having Eric decker and Thomas as his starting WRs.

BigChiefFan
03-13-2012, 08:16 PM
So does this mean Peyton is going to the Colts?

He would be a perfect fit there IMO.

How wild would it be if the Colts re-signed Manning and he's been on a worldwind tour to find out other teams game-plan for the upcoming draft?

Just playing, but that would be wicked.

kcpasco
03-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Who are the Titans wr's, I forgot? They can't be much better then Dungvers.

mr. tegu
03-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Who are the Titans wr's, I forgot? They can't be much better then Dungvers.

They aren't. Kenny Brit and Nate Washington were last years starters. That cant be too appealing either. Is it possible we are still in the Manning race...:evil:

aturnis
03-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Brit is a fucking idiot to boot.

prhom
03-13-2012, 09:52 PM
**** you pioli, **** you.

Did you want Wayne or is this just the obligatory "fuck you" Pioli post?

prhom
03-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Who knows, but I have the feeling Manning is pretty confident he can win with just about any group of receivers. He's probably right too.

ROYC75
03-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Never saw this one coming at all . :shake:

Rain Man
03-13-2012, 10:02 PM
I think this is good news. It means that they're not trying to go somewhere as a boxed set.

So thinking through it, Wayne was trying to attach himself to Manning. The fact that Wayne signed first must mean that Manning told Wayne that he's going somewhere that's not interested in Wayne. As others have said, that knocks Denver out since Denver is desperate for receivers. It probably knocks Miami out given the Marshall trade. You'd think Miami would welcome Wayne in their situation. Seattle's receivers? Not that great.

Who besides us is interested in Manning and also has a full complement of receivers?

Mojo Jojo
03-13-2012, 10:06 PM
I think this is good news. It means that they're not trying to go somewhere as a boxed set.

So thinking through it, Wayne was trying to attach himself to Manning. The fact that Wayne signed first must mean that Manning told Wayne that he's going somewhere that's not interested in Wayne. As others have said, that knocks Denver out since Denver is desperate for receivers. It probably knocks Miami out given the Marshall trade. You'd think Miami would welcome Wayne in their situation. Seattle's receivers? Not that great.

Who besides us is interested in Manning and also has a full complement of receivers?
Arizona, Houston???

Rain Man
03-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Arizona, Houston???

Good point. They at least don't need a #1, which is probably what Wayne was striving for.

That said, I have no idea who their #2 and #3 receivers are.

Easy 6
03-13-2012, 10:34 PM

Its a darkhorse pick, but why wouldnt San Fran fit? makes hella lot more sense than dinver now that i think about it.

If Manning wants to win in a hurry, they represent a great shot & now they've brought in an apparently rejuvenated Moss? all of the media talk about him NEVER playing in the NFC is probably pure speculation... thats a VERY easy looking division when you play for its best team.

-King-
03-13-2012, 10:36 PM
Its a darkhorse pick, but why wouldnt San Fran fit? makes hella lot more sense than dinver now that i think about it.

If Manning wants to win in a hurry, they represent a great shot & now they've brought in an apparently rejuvenated Moss? all of the media talk about him NEVER playing in the NFC is probably pure speculation... thats a VERY easy looking division when you play for its best team.

Harbaugh loves Alex Smith.

Easy 6
03-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Harbaugh loves Alex Smith.

True, but would he pass up the chance to put Manning in there, thats my question.

Not sure about the niners cap situation, but atleast on the eye test it makes MUCH more sense than arizona, denver or miami.

cdcox
03-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Who knows, but I have the feeling Manning is pretty confident he can win with just about any group of receivers. He's probably right too.

Yeah, Montana won a couple of rings with guys like Wille Davis and JJ Birden.

Garcia Bronco
03-13-2012, 10:48 PM

LOL. Even if what you suggest true it's irrelevent. Manning makes receivers better.

Garcia Bronco
03-13-2012, 10:51 PM

wha th...huh?

This hardly effects the outcome of where Manning goes

mr. tegu
03-13-2012, 11:02 PM
LOL. Even if what you suggest true it's irrelevent. Manning makes receivers better.

You are definitely right. I just imagine that by now Manning is sick of raising everyone else's game to make them acceptable, especially since he has choices now unlike in Indy. In 2010 I recall seeing him more frustrated with receivers than ever before.

I feel the same about the defense which is why I haven't and still don't see Denver as a choice for him. Last year Denver gave up 86 points to New England in two games. Why on earth would he want to have to score 48 points a game to get past New England :shake:

All that said, this is all based on my opinions and how I would view the situation, so obviously someone with his determination, etc. might see it different.

Bump
03-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Wow - good for the Colts and good for their fans.

Wayne's a class dude, they're smart to bring him back to help out Luck.

ya, it would be pretty stupid to draft a QB at #1 and let your HOF WR who is still good go.

Rain Man
03-13-2012, 11:16 PM
wha th...huh?

This hardly effects the outcome of where Manning goes

Yeah, I'm not saying it affects the outcome. I'm saying that it's a clue to the outcome that Peyton is headed toward. Unless Wayne changed the tune he's been singing, it means that he knows where Peyton is going and that he's not wanted there.

lcarus
03-14-2012, 05:54 AM
Yeah, I'm not saying it affects the outcome. I'm saying that it's a clue to the outcome that Peyton is headed toward. Unless Wayne changed the tune he's been singing, it means that he knows where Peyton is going and that he's not wanted there.

I'm guessing Arizona at this point. It's got the components. Warm weather, one of the best WRs in the game, winnable division, a coach Peyton likes.

Garcia Bronco
03-14-2012, 07:32 AM
I'm guessing Arizona at this point. It's got the components. Warm weather, one of the best WRs in the game, winnable division, a coach Peyton likes.

To me, those are his only choices; Denver or Arizona.

ROYC75
03-14-2012, 07:35 AM
To me, those are his only choices; Denver or Arizona.

Now the Denver Post is reporting it's down to Denver & Tn, even though he hasn't been in Tn until sometime today! :shake::rolleyes:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Peyton-Manning-Tennessee-Titans-Denver-Broncos-031312

Wallcrawler
03-14-2012, 07:51 AM
TN?!?!

Why the hell would he go to that toilet?

As for SF, I dont see it. Alex Smith finally lived up to that draft position. He was nails in that NFC title game and I have to say that if it wasnt for their ridiculously bad punt/kick returner, they go to the SB instead of NYG.

No way SF takes a guy performing at that level, already knows the offense, and replaces him with a 3 year guy at best who wants to implement his own offense. The only way that could ever happen was if Smith himself refused to sign the deal that SF is offering him.

Im guessing Manning goes to AZ. Dome, easy division, bigtime receiver, decent running backs. Old man Warner took them to the SB, so Manning definately has potential there.

Denver is outside and gets cold (heard crap swirling that Peyton didnt want to play somewhere cold), has shit receivers, a shit defense, and more importantly will have to face twice, a furious KC defense for giving us the brushoff. Tamba abuses Denver's O-Line something awful. Forget his throwing arm, Peyton wouldnt be able to feel his legs after that game.

If I had to bet, Id say the fivehead goes to AZ.