PDA

View Full Version : Football Now i see why Miami traded Brandon marshall

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-13-2012, 10:10 PM
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefterReply
Retweet
Bears WR Brandon Marshall was involved in another incident that could lead to an NFL review. More shortly at http://ESPN.com.

Statement from Brandon Marshalls Attorney Harvey Steinberg regarding Club incident:

"On March 12,2012 Brandon Marshall was the key note speaker at a charitable event in New York. After the event was over he, his wife and close friends attended a function at a local club.
While at the function a fight broke out NOT involving Mr. Marshall or his friends. While attempting to leave to avoid the melee Mrs. Marshall was struck in the face by a thrown bottle. She suffered serious injury.
While attempting to leave and take his wife to the hospital, the mayhem continued outside. Finally Mr. Marshall was able to take his wife to the hospital where she was treated for serious injuries.
Mr. Marshall is hoping to assist authorities in regards to this matter."

chefsos
03-13-2012, 10:11 PM
And he seemed like such a nice young man in Hawaii.

Okie_Apparition
03-13-2012, 10:11 PM
He wouldn't slip on a cheesy McDonalds wrapper at Arrowhead

Rain Man
03-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Shocking. Just shocking.

Can the Bears request that the NFL void the trade if it turns out that Miami was handing off a hot potato? Or is that a buyer beware thing?

aturnis
03-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Is there supposed to be some sort of information found on the page in the link? I just got ESPN's frontpage. How about a link to the actual story? Maybe?

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Is there supposed to be some sort of information found on the page in the link? I just got ESPN's frontpage. How about a link to the actual story? Maybe?

He's gonna post it soon.

aturnis
03-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Who?

Fritz88
03-13-2012, 10:22 PM
He's gonna post it soon.

You post here or I keeel u.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Who?

Adam Schefter‏

Bump
03-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Brandon Marshall is a homeless man's Randy Moss

aturnis
03-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Adam Schefter‏

OMG. Wow. Serious fail on my part. Sorry. Kind of read up until the review part, then skipped right to the link. Didn't even read who tweeted it. Wow. Should I go to bed?

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-13-2012, 10:40 PM
Statement from Brandon Marshalls Attorney Harvey Steinberg regarding Club incident:

"On March 12,2012 Brandon Marshall was the key note speaker at a charitable event in New York. After the event was over he, his wife and close friends attended a function at a local club.
While at the function a fight broke out NOT involving Mr. Marshall or his friends. While attempting to leave to avoid the melee Mrs. Marshall was struck in the face by a thrown bottle. She suffered serious injury.
While attempting to leave and take his wife to the hospital, the mayhem continued outside. Finally Mr. Marshall was able to take his wife to the hospital where she was treated for serious injuries.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Nothing wrong here.IMO

Rain Man
03-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Brandon Marshall has a wife? Well, I guess he can marry lots of women since he makes good money and they'll get half. Still, that women must be the mercenary of all mercenaries.

And how is it that I'm 49 years old and have never seen a barfight while these NFL players seem to run into them constantly?

chefsos
03-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Nothing wrong here.IMOIf that story is gospel, sure. I wouldn't even blame him for fucking a guy up a little. But the quote is from his attorney, so....

BigMeatballDave
03-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Brandon Marshall has a wife? Well, I guess he can marry lots of women since he makes good money and they'll get half. Still, that women must be the mercenary of all mercenaries.

And how is it that I'm 49 years old and have never seen a barfight while these NFL players seem to run into them constantly?

Same here, but I dont frequent bars.

aturnis
03-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Is this the same bitch who stabbed him?

listopencil
03-13-2012, 11:22 PM
Is this the same bitch who stabbed him?

Yup.

qabbaan
03-13-2012, 11:22 PM
It doesn't sound like he did anything wrong, but after X number of incidents you start to wonder why someone happens to be near to trouble so much.

Dylan
03-13-2012, 11:24 PM
EDIT: UPDATED

NEW YORK POST

NFL receiver Marshall 'slugs' woman at Chelsea nightclub

By KIRSTAN CONLEY

Last Updated: 11:27 AM, March 14, 2012

Posted: 1:03 AM, March 14, 2012

The “Beast” has lived up to his nickname, a woman claims.

NFL star receiver Brandon Marshall — whose list of run-ins with the law is as long as a football field — allegedly slugged the woman at a Chelsea nightclub, The Post has learned.

Marshall was at Marquee early Sunday when he got into an argument with a group of friends celebrating a birthday, law-enforcement sources said.

At around 4 a.m., birthday girl Christin Myles, 24, left an upper floor of the posh hot spot to greet a friend downstairs.

When she tried to get back upstairs, a bouncer told her she had to wait because there was a fight between two football players — Marshall, 27, and an unknown athlete — who were being thrown out, the sources said.

She later met up with her friends, who by then were arguing with Marshall and the other football player outside, sources said.

Marshall — who earned his nickname with his aggressive style of play — then allegedly cold-cocked Myles in the left eye. She suffered a black eye. It wasn’t clear if he allegedly intended to strike her or one of her pals.

Myles filed a police report Monday with the 10th Precinct against Marshall, sources said. She told cops she waited a day before making the allegation because she was nervous about Marshall’s high-profile status.

Marshall’s lawyer denied that the first fight involved his client or his friends.

“While attempting to leave to avoid the melee, [Marshall’s wife] was struck in the face by a thrown bottle. She suffered serious injury,” the lawyer, Harvey Steinberg, said. “The mayhem continued outside.’’

Marshall’s rep declined to say whether he threw a punch or if he attempted to file a police report about his wife’s injuries.

The melee came less than a year after Marshall — traded yesterday from the Dolphins to the Bears — was allegedly stabbed by his wife.

"Both the Bears and Dolphins were aware of what occurred over the weekend," Bears GM Phil Emery said in a statement reported by the Chicago Tribune. "We decided to move forward with the trade. We have high expectations for Brandon as a Bear."

Marshall — who’s been busted at least six times — was involved in a New Year’s Eve 2006 fight in Denver that led to a teammate being fatally shot in a drive-by.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/nfl_receiver_marshall_slugs_woman_Ad0Ydwu0KcuIXf8PiXfiIO#ixzz1p71HwuyU

bigbucks24
03-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Nothing wrong here.IMO

Jerry Sandusky's attorney says he is innocent also. I think Marshall's camp is beginning their defense in the court of public opinion.

Dylan
03-13-2012, 11:27 PM
LMAO

ThaVirus
03-13-2012, 11:28 PM

Clubs are a bit different than bars, in my experience. A lot more likely to have a fight break out at a club than a bar. It's even more likely to see one (or a couple) after the club lets out. That's usually when the fights occur, actually..

mr. tegu
03-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Whom to believe...the former version sounds more like Marshall

cdcox
03-13-2012, 11:31 PM
The real story ...

because there was a fight between two football players — Marshall, 27, and an unknown athlete —

Lawrence Tynes sighting.

Simply Red
03-13-2012, 11:32 PM

because you live near soft ass Denver.

SE Trafficway blowin' up the spot!

Bambi
03-13-2012, 11:42 PM
lol, Marquee....

What is this 2004?

Dylan
03-13-2012, 11:49 PM
Lawrence Tynes sighting.

Kirstan Conley covers Metro News - I hope the "unknown athlete" doesn't play for the Giants. Jets ok...

We'll find out soon enough.

I think Conley covers NYPD news.

Dylan
03-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefterReply
Retweet
Bears WR Brandon Marshall was involved in another incident that could lead to an NFL review. More shortly at http://ESPN.com.

One would have expected that ESPN is more likely to consider a story if they first receive a release statement.

lcarus
03-14-2012, 02:35 AM
Wow Marshall's lawyer could not be any more full of shit. Bad things happen at 4 am at clubs people...or after leaving clubs at 2 am. Whatever was the case.

Mile High Mania
03-14-2012, 06:35 AM
"Sources said the Bears weren’t aware of the incident."

That's awesome...

The Broncos were wise to move him originally, nice reaction by Miami in doing the same. Good luck in Chicago. The guy will be broke and in jail by 2018. Sadly, he learned nothing from the Darrent Williams incident.

TheGuardian
03-14-2012, 06:51 AM
I'm not Marshall fan, but sounds like he did no wrong here.

TheGuardian
03-14-2012, 06:52 AM
Ok I admit, I skimmed and missed the big write up.

Eh, sounds sketchy. Will wait for more info.

Mile High Mania
03-14-2012, 06:54 AM
Sounds like he could have been in a fight (again) at the very least. The problem is the pattern and it doesn't change.

TheGuardian
03-14-2012, 06:56 AM
True.

I've always said he's incredibly overrated anyway. And he is.

Mile High Mania
03-14-2012, 07:07 AM
True.

I've always said he's incredibly overrated anyway. And he is.

I dunno - crazy aside, he has huge talent and if he can stay out of trouble, they could have big numbers in CHI.

BoneKrusher
03-14-2012, 07:07 AM
sounds like he was in one of those bars where the Blues Brothers played.