PDA

View Full Version : Misc For a really good signing....

LVNHACK
03-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Hack just signed on to a new company and new digs...$26.00 a day short of doubling my pay....

Afghanistan here I come.....:thumb:

Radar Chief
03-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Hack just signed on to a new company and new digs...$26.00 a day short of doubling my pay....

Damn bro, you’re a glutton for punishment.

seclark
03-14-2012, 12:19 PM
congrats, i guess. leaving soon?
be careful over there.
sec

dirk digler
03-14-2012, 12:20 PM

what are you going to be doing?

Dayze
03-14-2012, 12:20 PM
I'd rather watch another season with CAssel as the starting QB than go to Afghanistan

MIAdragon
03-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Damn bro, you’re a glutton for punishment.

No thanks, just about anywhere but there. Who are you contracting with?

Radar Chief
03-14-2012, 12:22 PM
what are you going to be doing?

He’s currently working security in Baghdad, assumable he’ll be doing the same in Afghanistan.
I just wonder if he’s taking his dog with him, seemed like he just got the guy broke in good.

TEX
03-14-2012, 12:22 PM
I'd rather watch another season with CAssel as the starting QB than go to Afghanistan

This. No amount of $$$ is worth it.

Radar Chief
03-14-2012, 12:26 PM

No thanks, just about anywhere but there. Who are you contracting with?

This. No amount of $$$ is worth it.

Yup.
But I must say, good for you LVNHACK. You’re certainly doing a job I wouldn’t have the patience for.

Dayze
03-14-2012, 12:27 PM
yeah dude; good luck; come back in one piece.

58-4ever
03-14-2012, 12:42 PM
do you get to carry a gun?

dirk digler
03-14-2012, 12:44 PM
He’s currently working security in Baghdad, assumable he’ll be doing the same in Afghanistan.
I just wonder if he’s taking his dog with him, seemed like he just got the guy broke in good.

Wow. I don't know if I would do that in Afghanistan. Stay safe lvnhack

Earthling
03-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Damn! Good luck. Do you have to learn the language then?

whoman69
03-14-2012, 01:02 PM

Let's not get crazy here.

Phobia
03-14-2012, 01:09 PM
There is no amount of money, bro. Much respect for what you do. Once was enough for me.

tooge
03-14-2012, 01:32 PM
take Cassel with you. Maybe he can teach the taliban how to shoot

Frazod
03-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Jesus, dude, I hope it's worth it. I'd sooner work at fucking McDonalds.

tooge
03-14-2012, 01:33 PM
oh, and congrats, to you. I'd rather be stricken with elephant ball tho.

Rain Man
03-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Sounds like it's not just a job, it's an adventure.

Good luck, and take a goat with you. I hear they're chick magnets over there.

Bwana
03-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Damn, keep your head down.

bevischief
03-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Congrats. What are you going to be doing?

HemiEd
03-14-2012, 03:19 PM
yeah dude; good luck; come back in one piece.

This

LVNHACK
03-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks, to all....I'm not gonna multi quote, so I'll answer the ones I can..

Small company, lots of experience....kinda an invite/voucher to get in on.

Nope my lil girl gotta stay her she belongs to this company

Working an explosive dog, on a USAID site in Helmand

Rainman..You kinda hit it on the head, but 500. a day and 90 days in country 30 off helps too...Oh and feminine boys work even better then goats

Ehhh...Iraq is a straight pain in the ass anymore, you can't let the arabs run themselves....in the theory of evolution they're right between monkey & man...

After 4 years in Iraq, I've been in the states 6 months since '08...I've got my own ideas on peace in the Middle East....It starts with terminating anyone with a penis....

Thanks for all the well wishes.....remember...the NFL is meant for entertainment....

whoman69
03-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes.....remember...the NFL is meant for entertainment....

I guess drama counts as entertainment, because that's all the Chiefs have.

Simply Red
03-14-2012, 05:54 PM

Thank you! Seriously!

Leatherneck/Bastion?

Simply Red
03-14-2012, 05:55 PM
There is no amount of money, bro. Much respect for what you do. Once was enough for me.

Phobia did yo go to Afghanistan?

Radar Chief
03-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Looks like you might be going in to cover the exit.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-soldier-flown-home-afghan-anger-mars-panetta-022251034.html

Karzai calls for NATO to leave villages; Taliban scrap talks

KABUL (Reuters) - Afghanistan's President Hamid Karzai called for NATO troops to leave Afghan villages after 16 civilians died in a shooting rampage by a U.S. soldier, underscoring Afghan fury over the massacre and clouding U.S. exit plans.
In a near-simultaneous statement, the Taliban said they were suspending nascent peace talks with the United States seen as a strong chance of ending the country's decade-long war, blaming "shaky, erratic and vague" U.S. statements.
Karzai, in a statement from his office after meeting U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, said as a result of the weekend massacre, "international security forces have to be taken out of Afghan village outposts and return to (larger) bases".
The soldier accused of carrying out the shooting was based at a small special forces compound similar to others around the country which underpin NATO's counter-insurgency strategy ahead of a 2014 deadline for most Western combat forces to pull out.
Karzai said the incident had harmed relations between Afghanistan and the United States and said "all efforts have to be done to avoid such incident in the future", warning it also had hurt the trust Afghans had in foreign forces.

LVNHACK
03-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Looks like you might be going in to cover the exit.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-soldier-flown-home-afghan-anger-mars-panetta-022251034.html

That's just that punk Karzai talking shit in order to keep the cave dwelling kiddie rapists happy....He's always running off at the mouth...Once the coalition is gone he's a dead man or living somewhere in exile spending the US tax payers money...

Should have told him along time ago....we put you in office, we can take you out.

Iraqi's are the same way....I can't stand these people, but I love contracting....this new gig, 2yrs and I'm done....well, maybe

Radar Chief
03-15-2012, 08:39 AM
That's just that punk Karazi talking shit in order to keep the cave dwelling kiddie rapists happy....He's always running off at the mouth...Once the coalition is gone he's a dead man or living somewhere in exile spending the US tax payers money...

Should have told him along time ago....we put you in office, we can take you out.

Iraqi's are the same way....I can't stand these people, but I love contracting....this new gig, 2yrs and I'm done....well, maybe

Since I’ve got you on hand maybe you can answer a question for me.
I’ve heard from a couple of friends now that all the Taliban has to do is shoot a couple of shots then duck and wait because the Afghani “security forces” will unload their weapons then be too busy getting high to reload and fight. So all they have to do is wait until the first volley is spent then walk right up on them.
Are the Iraqis that bad?

vailpass
03-15-2012, 08:42 AM
Best wishes. Keep your head down.

alanm
03-15-2012, 08:49 AM
Damn Hack I'd of figured you'd of had enough by now. If this was 10 yrs ago I might have signed on. But not now. It's a f*cking lost cause.
Keep your head on a swivel.

Simply Red
03-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Hack - can you please answer my question? i saw you'd mentioned Helmand province, but are you going to be at an actual camp?

LVNHACK
03-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Since I’ve got you on hand maybe you can answer a question for me.
I’ve heard from a couple of friends now that all the Taliban has to do is shoot a couple of shots then duck and wait because the Afghani “security forces” will unload their weapons then be too busy getting high to reload and fight. So all they have to do is wait until the first volley is spent then walk right up on them.
Are the Iraqis that bad?

Yeah, the Iraqi's are even worse with the exception of getting high...The difference in the drug culture in Iraq vs. Astan is huge....

A few years ago I was reading an article written by a Marine Infantry Capt. who'd done 2 tours in Iraq and was now in Astan. And he stated, in Iraq it was mainly a hit and run, IED/VBED attack and then a quick ambush and the insurgents would disappear.

In Astan they would make contact with the Taliban at roughly squad strenght...in a short amount of time the Marines would be fighting a company sized element. Lot's of good reading out there on Astan & the Taliban.

LVNHACK
03-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Hack - can you please answer my question? i saw you'd mentioned Helmand province, but are you going to be at an actual camp?

I'm gonna be out on a project. I'm not sure where we'll be based at.

Thig Lyfe
03-15-2012, 10:10 AM
you can't let the arabs run themselves....in the theory of evolution they're right between monkey & man...

Wow.

MIAdragon
03-15-2012, 10:12 AM
That's just that punk Karzai talking shit in order to keep the cave dwelling kiddie rapists happy....He's always running off at the mouth...Once the coalition is gone he's a dead man or living somewhere in exile spending the US tax payers money...

Haha this is what all my buddies say, the money is just too good. Keep your head down and come home safe.

vailpass
03-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Wow.

I know. I couldn't believe he put them above the monkeys either.

LVNHACK
03-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Damn Hack I'd of figured you'd of had enough by now. If this was 10 yrs ago I might have signed on. But not now. It's a f*cking lost cause.
Keep your head on a swivel.

Yeah, I got divorced a year ago, so I gotta make up for it.

Funny TL I had on my 1st gig told me...Contracting ain't for everyone...we understand that...Others it gets in your blood and it's all you wanna do...I'm in the 2nd group....I've been in Iraq for 18 months straight...gonna fly out in the next week...Meet the new company in Dubia....fly into Astan...Sept 25 will put me outta the states 2 yrs....

LVNHACK
03-15-2012, 10:28 AM
I know. I couldn't believe he put them above the monkeys either.

lol, I was working an IA checkpoint down in Baghdad last year....And I was watching the IA when I realized how much like monkeys they were....And I would crack on them all the time about being monkeys....Well most of them understand english....There was no love lost between me and them....I damn near got arrested down there for using my dog to chase the fat fucking hadji off my search lane.....