PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Carr to the fans

Shogun
03-14-2012, 10:15 PM
for whoever cares about the sentimental stuff

@BCarr39

#ChiefsNation: thank you for an amazing 4 years. You will always have a special place in my heart. No love lost. I will cherish the memories

@BCarr39

Thank you Herm Edwards for the opportunity of playing @ this elite level. Took a chance on me. An absolute honor to play for him!

@BCarr39

Thank you to my former teammates. I will cherish our memories as well while I will continue to pray and root for you guys.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Pretty cool. He'll be missed.

wazu
03-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Traitor.

Bambi
who?

Shogun
he tweeted #Cowboynation afterwards.... ugh. I hate the Cowboys. It pains me to hear him say that.

dallaschiefsfan
03-14-2012, 10:23 PM
I hope he does well. However, I'm pretty sure he'll lose some luster as a team's #1 CB. Regardless, he will be a MASSIVE upgrade to Newman.

Chiefs=Champions
03-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Class act. Great player. Derserves it, he worked hard.

Okie_Apparition
03-14-2012, 10:28 PM
I don't know how long the grace period is
But he's a fucking Cowboy now & he'll be a star because of it

Fritz88
03-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Herm can draft CBs.

royr17
03-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Hate to see him a cowboy, but its the opportunity he wanted to be a # 1 cb. Goin to be odd as hell not seeing him playing for the Chiefs next year.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 10:34 PM
I know the Cowboys have to be pinching themselves for getting a top-tier, starting CB in FA at that price tag and age.

SPchief
03-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Did he give a shout out to stevie johnson?

CoMoChief
03-14-2012, 10:36 PM
Brotha's gotta get paaaaaid

Canofbier
03-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Class act. Great player. Derserves it, he worked hard.

Agreed. I hope he does as well as he possibly can on a personal level while still letting the Cowboys lose.

AZChief
03-14-2012, 10:39 PM
i think who he didn't thank is more telling than who he did...

Demonpenz
03-14-2012, 11:07 PM
i can't believe the let him go. He is good.

Bugeater
03-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Dude obviously has no fucking clue what the phrase "no love lost" means.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Dude obviously has no ****ing clue what the phrase "no love lost" means.

I was just thinking the same thing. I think he meant it as, he hasn't lost any love for the fanbase, but we know that's not what the term means.

Imon Yourside
03-14-2012, 11:12 PM
@Stanford Routt Waves...well..... bye.....

EPodolak
03-14-2012, 11:30 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. I think he meant it as, he hasn't lost any love for the fanbase, but we know that's not what the term means.

By the time he retires from being a cowboy he'll have full appreciation of the term. I'd bet.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 11:31 PM
By the time he retires from being a cowboy he'll have full appreciation of the term. I'd bet.

:LOL:

Simply Red
03-14-2012, 11:34 PM
Dude obviously has no ****ing clue what the phrase "no love lost" means.

Yep, he married the first girl he banged, Jerry Fucking Jones scooped him up, way to shop around, Rook.

LMAO

RealSNR
03-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Possibly my favorite player on the entire team past two seasons. :(

Direckshun
03-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Talk about the right 53.

Sad to see him go. Love that he got paid for all his hard work.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 11:45 PM

I said it earlier, but the Cowboys have to be pinching themselves that they landed a top-tier FA, at his age and price tag in FA.

Short of some stellar FA acquisitions, the Chiefs were fools for letting him walk at that price.

Wallcrawler
03-14-2012, 11:51 PM
If the Chiefs actually sign anyone noteworthy with the money that shouldve gone to Carr, it wont be much to talk about.

If they sit on their fecking hands like usual and spend nothing, this has to go down as one of the dumbest personell moves in team history.

With our QB situation, its going to take the 2k Ravens Defense reincarnated to get to the playoffs, let alone get a win. O-line problems notwithstanding, this team isnt scoring more than 13-17 points per game in ideal conditions with Shat at QB. Carr wouldve helped a great deal in solidifying what wouldve been one of the best secondaries in the league. Flowers, Carr, Routt, Arenas, Lewis, Berry.

Wouldve been WELL worth the money.

Phobia
03-15-2012, 12:03 AM
Will miss his play on that side but he's dead to me. No longer care at this point. I'm a fan of the team and he's not on it.

Rasputin
03-15-2012, 12:50 AM
Will miss his play on that side but he's dead to me. No longer care at this point. I'm a fan of the team and he's not on it.

I go with what Phobia is saying, but that doesn't mean I can't bitch about Pioli for this. Fuck you Pioli fuck you. I'm going to miss Carr on the other side of Brandon Flowers. Now he can go on Carr rides with Toonces the driving cat and I don't care.

03-15-2012, 12:52 AM

Yep.

Epic Fail 007
03-15-2012, 12:53 AM
Hes a bum!

Imon Yourside
03-15-2012, 12:56 AM
Hes a bum!

Engrish? Orly?

spanky 52
03-15-2012, 05:25 AM

Bingo.

warrior
03-15-2012, 06:05 AM
Wish him well and f*** Pi hole

PhillyChiefFan
03-15-2012, 06:11 AM
Seems like a good kid, who got a chance and made the best of it.

Wish him the best, sucks the Chiefs had to lose him.

Hoover
03-15-2012, 06:13 AM
Great guy, and if we didn't have Flowers he would still be here.

mikey23545
03-15-2012, 06:17 AM
FRACK!!!!!

morphius
03-15-2012, 06:20 AM
Don't care any more, hate the Cowboys, not going to start liking them now.

Bane
03-15-2012, 06:42 AM
Fuck the Cowpukes.If he wants to be down with them then fuck him too!

OnTheWarpath15
03-15-2012, 06:47 AM

Same here.

Talk about the right 53.

Sad to see him go. Love that he got paid for all his hard work.

Again, same here. Dude deserves every penny.

Best of luck, Brandon.

Fritz88
03-15-2012, 06:49 AM
Again, Polio did the right thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bane
03-15-2012, 06:54 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

We'll see about that when Casshole and Pisoli's sack of shit OC destroy the offense.

eazyb81
03-15-2012, 06:56 AM
I'm happy for him. Dude came from being a no-name D2 prospect to pulling in a $50MM contract, and he's always been a good guy in the community.

I hope he tears it up in Dallas and makes Pioli and Hunt look like even bigger fools.

OnTheWarpath15
03-15-2012, 06:57 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

How exactly did he do the right thing?

Downgrading the strength of our defense over $3M a year - with over $30M in cap space?

Yeah, that's an awesome move.

oldandslow
03-15-2012, 07:29 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

No, he didn't. To spin otherwise is simply whistling past the graveyard.

Fritz88
03-15-2012, 07:32 AM
We'll see about that when Casshole and Pisoli's sack of shit OC destroy the offense.

What does this have to do with not re-signing Carr?

Fritz88
03-15-2012, 07:36 AM
How exactly did he do the right thing?

Downgrading the strength of our defense over $3M a year - with over $30M in cap space?

Yeah, that's an awesome move.

How big of a downgrade?

Is Routt Sabby Piscitelli 2.0?

With Berry back and the pass rush picking up, I have no concern about the secondary.

The truth is that many here are just butthurt because they liked Carr.

He went and got paid. Good for him. We got a decent #2. I am happy with that.

OnTheWarpath15
03-15-2012, 07:41 AM
How big of a downgrade?

Is Routt Sabby Piscitelli 2.0?

With Berry back and the pass rush picking up, I have no concern about the secondary.

The truth is that many here are just butthurt because they liked Carr.

He went and got paid. Good for him. We got a decent #2. I am happy with that.

Routt is a very average CB.

Pass rush picking up? Do you realize that what little passrush we had was because of our CB's?

We have no idea what we'll get out of Berry - and even if he comes back 100%, he's not going to make up for the loss of Carr - completely different role on the defense.

No butthurt here. Just not willing to rationalize the decision merely because the so-called "Executive of the Decade" made it.

And surely not willing to rationalize it when it came down to $3M a year - when we have $30M in cap space.

It's a terrible decision.

warrior
03-15-2012, 08:00 AM

Pass rush picking up? Do you realize that what little passrush we had was because of our CB's?

We have no idea what we'll get out of Berry - and even if he comes back 100%, he's not going to make up for the loss of Carr - completely different role on the defense.

No butthurt here. Just not willing to rationalize the decision merely because the so-called "Executive of the Decade" made it.

And surely not willing to rationalize it when it came down to $3M a year - when we have $30M in cap space.

Good post--:thumb: also we'll see how many penalty yards Routt will cost us plus Routt's 29 Carr 26 and getting better every year very bad decision.

Chiefnj2
03-15-2012, 08:06 AM
Why is KC apparently sitting quiet in the S department? Are they going to trot Sabby and McGraw back out again?

WhiteWhale
03-15-2012, 08:27 AM

So Carr and Flowers are the reason for our pass rush?

Damn, I wish someone had said that before we dropped 60 million dollars on Tamba Hali.

Chiefnj2
03-15-2012, 08:29 AM
They had the money. They should have paid Carr. He's exactly the type of player you want on your roster.

DaKCMan AP
03-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Sucks. He was the best Chief to follow on twitter. The others are pretty much unintelligible.

OnTheWarpath15
So Carr and Flowers are the reason for our pass rush?

Damn, I wish someone had said that before we dropped 60 million dollars on Tamba Hali.

The sole reason?

Nope.

A big reason?

Absolutely.

We get a ton of coverage sacks.

Well, we used to...

Chiefshrink
Traitor.

and you would have accepted Pioli's diss offer?:shrug:

HemiEd
03-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Herm can draft CBs.

Yeah, my hatred for Herm is weakening. Too bad he had to open his mouth, or actually stand on the sidelines.

boogblaster
03-15-2012, 08:51 AM
stupid frickin' poligrip .....

warrior
03-15-2012, 08:55 AM
They had the money. They should have paid Carr. He's exactly the type of player you want on your roster.

This :mad:

cdirty
03-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Agreed. I hope he does as well as he possibly can on a personal level while still letting the Cowboys lose.

well said.

Valiant
03-15-2012, 09:24 AM

You saId team though, the organization can go die in a fire.

Anyone who thinks cassel is a good qb and can lead the team has only one concern, and it is not winning.

carlos3652
03-15-2012, 09:24 AM

Anybody think he wanted to play for the Cowboys more, and even if the chiefs matched the girls contract - He would still leave based on the fact that he really wanted to play for his childhood team...

Personally if I was drafted by another team, and I want to hit FA because i feel that the Chiefs want to give me a shot... I'd take less money to go there... just saying...

You dont know the circumstances of the situation, so please stop assuming...

Agent V
03-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Sucks. He was the best Chief to follow on twitter. The others are pretty much unintelligible.

I like to read Brandon Flowers's tweets aloud in a British accent.

Chiefnj2
03-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Anybody think he wanted to play for the Cowboys more, and even if the chiefs matched the girls contract - He would still leave based on the fact that he really wanted to play for his childhood team...

Personally if I was drafted by another team, and I want to hit FA because i feel that the Chiefs want to give me a shot... I'd take less money to go there... just saying...

You dont know the circumstances of the situation, so please stop assuming...

He shouldn't have been able to hit the free market.

RUSH
03-15-2012, 09:30 AM

Jamaal Charles is the worst. He probably writes on a 5th grade level and that might even be generous.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Valiant
03-15-2012, 09:31 AM

I am sorry, but this.

We had the money to pay one of our own better/younger players.
Instead, got a lesser/older version for a bit less.
Only thing that would validate not signing him is if we used the money to upgrade some key posistions. I do not see us guying after those guys, yet.

What happens if the FAgency moves on and we are still sitting on all that money? Going to overpay on 2nd/3rd level FA?

Had all season to sign bowe or carr. You only needed to sign one so you could tag the other. That is super fail that we let him walk without compensation.

Fritz88
03-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

carlos3652
03-15-2012, 09:34 AM
He shouldn't have been able to hit the free market.

You dont know the circumstances... maybe he wanted to hit the FA market and thats why he didnt sign anything until he viewed all his options... you cant force someone to sign.

That being said, i dont know if that was the case or not, but everyone is making it out to be Pioli's fault - 100% when no one knows what really happened behind closed doors.

Anyway, sad to see him go, but glad he is able to do what he wanted to do in the end.

Chiefnj2
03-15-2012, 09:35 AM
You dont know the circumstances... maybe he wanted to hit the FA market and thats why he didnt sign anything until he viewed all his options... you cant force someone to sign.

That being said, i dont know if that was the case or not, but everyone is making it out to be Pioli's fault - 100% when no one knows what really happened behind closed doors.

Anyway, sad to see him go, but glad he is able to do what he wanted to do in the end.

It's Pioli's job to sign guys like Carr.

Rain Man
03-15-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm bummed about this. I really liked Carr. It feels kind of like when we traded Gary Green and let Gary Barbaro walk back in the 70s.

carlos3652
03-15-2012, 09:42 AM
It's Pioli's job to sign guys like Carr.

BTW, not trying to attack your view of things, I understand its Pioli's job to keep this guy. But you arent going to keep everyone - and again, we dont know the circumstances on why he didn't sign with us.

He kept - Hali, DJ, Bowe (so far), Flowers, Charles to contracts that make sense.

He brought in a capable replacement as a #2 CB - and is now adding depth to our roster which everyone has complained at the lack thereof.

I'm not a Pioli apologist, hes made mistakes... but letting Carr go, when we dont know the why's behind it... is not a mistake that you can pin on him 100% when he is resigning everyone else...

Bowser
03-15-2012, 10:09 AM
I can see letting him go if the plan is to make a huge splash in free agency, either with Manning or a combination of others. Now that it seems unlikely, why would you let a player that basically sums up what you want on your team walk?

Carr on this team with Routt makes this defense tough as hell and dangerous. Without him, we have an older, not as good guy taking his place, and still no impact free agents to feel good about.

Terrible move.

BigChiefFan
03-15-2012, 10:20 AM

It's a terrible decision.Yep. Pioli screwed the pooch on this. Short of landing some quality FAs, there is no valid reason to not have paid him.