PDA

View Full Version : Misc Help a brotha out!!

zonachief
03-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Chiefsplanet!

I am starting a program with the sports website, Bleacherreport.com. I will be writing five articles a week and really want your support. If you could check out the website, it would be greatly appreciated. I also am going to be using the twitter deal to get my work out to as many people as possible so follow me there too! If you don’t have a twitter, get one so you can follow me. I’m worth it.

So, starting next Monday I will be blowing up your facebook newsfeed and your twitter thing. I would love for all of you to check out my work and share it with your other friends that may be sports fans. I really want your friends to send it to their friends, and their friends to send it to their friends, and…YOU GET THE POINT!

Thanks guys!
Christopher

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=555916787
https://twitter.com/#!/TheAmick
www.bleacherreport.com

Now lets please get the obligitory "cool story, bro" meme out of the way.

tredadda
03-15-2012, 07:51 PM
I might if the articles are any good, unlike most of the crap on the Bleacher Report.

Hammock Parties
03-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Bleacher Report sucks.

Okie_Apparition
03-15-2012, 07:53 PM
This thread has not been Elephant Sperm approved has it

Strongside
03-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Chiefsplanet!

I am starting a program with the sports website, Bleacherreport.com. I will be writing five articles a week and really want your support. If you could check out the website, it would be greatly appreciated. I also am going to be using the twitter deal to get my work out to as many people as possible so follow me there too! If you don’t have a twitter, get one so you can follow me. I’m worth it.

So, starting next Monday I will be blowing up your facebook newsfeed and your twitter thing. I would love for all of you to check out my work and share it with your other friends that may be sports fans. I really want your friends to send it to their friends, and their friends to send it to their friends, and…YOU GET THE POINT!

Thanks guys!
Christopher

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=555916787
https://twitter.com/#!/TheAmick
www.bleacherreport.com

Now lets please get the obligitory "cool story, bro" meme out of the way.

Cool man. I've been thinking of applying to write there for a while, but have never taken the initiative. If I can help you out at all, PM me. Good Luck.

zonachief
03-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Cool man. I've been thinking of applying to write there for a while, but have never taken the initiative. If I can help you out at all, PM me. Good Luck.

It seems pretty well organized as far as I can see so far. Ive gone through a lot of schooling but haven't completed my degree yet so I wanted to do something to help me learn online content (I have done print and a little bit of radio work)

Hoping to get a paid gig out of it someday so I don't have to stack apples anymore.

Thanks for the support man! If I need anything, I will send you a message.

Deberg_1990
03-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Bleacher Report sucks.

Couldnt possibly be any worse than Clayton Wendlers stuff.

Gonzo
03-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Do they have premium content and unpaid reporters?

Strongside
03-15-2012, 08:03 PM
It seems pretty well organized as far as I can see so far. Ive gone through a lot of schooling but haven't completed my degree yet so I wanted to do something to help me learn online content (I have done print and a little bit of radio work)

Hoping to get a paid gig out of it someday so I don't have to stack apples anymore.

Thanks for the support man! If I need anything, I will send you a message.

I've got degrees in Advertising Management and journalism(this one I'm not using)...but I'd like to....lol.

Hammock Parties
03-15-2012, 08:09 PM

It's significantly worse than anything I've ever written.

I'm pretty sure 90 percent of the site is top 10 lists.

listopencil
03-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Don't let big nasty kcnut ghostwrite for you.

zonachief
03-15-2012, 08:21 PM
I've got degrees in Advertising Management and journalism(this one I'm not using)...but I'd like to....lol.

A Journalism degree does not go very far now days. I have a couple friends who graduated from ASU (great journalism school) and they have not been able to get work anywhere. This online thing is taking over so I figured I would hop on board. Hopefully this is a start.

NewChief
03-15-2012, 08:24 PM
A Journalism degree does not go very far now days. I have a couple friends who graduated from ASU (great journalism school) and they have not been able to get work anywhere. This online thing is taking over so I figured I would hop on board. Hopefully this is a start.

If you want to make a decent living as a new journalist, you have a couple of routes. The best, as far as I can tell, is to find a cool town that you know which doesn't have a hyperlocal online news source. Then become that. Getting some gig as a writer/reporter for a newspaper or magazine is a thing of the past. Better to try to go it on your own and carve out your own niche in the market, like you're doing.

alnorth
03-15-2012, 08:24 PM
no offense intended, but anytime I see an interesting link, I'm about to click, I mouse over it and realize its a bleacherreport link, I pause and think ohh.... not sure if I wanna click now...

Which is a shame because if I was a young person desperately wanting to break in as a sportswriter, I might try writing for them too, but geez they are so full of crap articles.

listopencil
03-15-2012, 08:29 PM
I wish you well, are you allowed to link your stories here? I'm asking because I'll never go to that site. It's horrible. They stretch stories out over several pages and pop up subscriptions constantly. They move link locations around to try to get you to go to articles that you aren't interested in. The layout is so counterintuitive that the writing would have to be top notch to make it worthwhile...and it's not.

zonachief
03-15-2012, 08:31 PM
no offense intended, but anytime I see an interesting link, I'm about to click, I mouse over it and realize its a bleacherreport link, I pause and think ohh.... not sure if I wanna click now...

Which is a shame because if I was a young person desperately wanting to break in as a sportswriter, I might try writing for them too, but geez they are so full of crap articles.

None taken. They really do well at search engine optimization it seems. Whenever I search for something sports related they pop up everytime. I do see a lot of lists/ slideshows which are visually appealing but I have been writing for a while and hope to add some steak to the sizzle. :evil:

zonachief
03-15-2012, 08:33 PM
If you want to make a decent living as a new journalist, you have a couple of routes. The best, as far as I can tell, is to find a cool town that you know which doesn't have a hyperlocal online news source. Then become that. Getting some gig as a writer/reporter for a newspaper or magazine is a thing of the past. Better to try to go it on your own and carve out your own niche in the market, like you're doing.

Very true. Hopefully something comes of this.

Bugeater
03-15-2012, 08:34 PM
It is. Far worse in fact.

zonachief
03-15-2012, 08:36 PM
I wish you well, are you allowed to link your stories here? I'm asking because I'll never go to that site. It's horrible. They stretch stories out over several pages and pop up subscriptions constantly. They move link locations around to try to get you to go to articles that you aren't interested in. The layout is so counterintuitive that the writing would have to be top notch to make it worthwhile...and it's not.

Im not sure If I can link them here or not. I would like to think my writing is decent. I was really hesitent to post anything about this gig here because alot of the negitivity.

alnorth
03-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Im not sure If I can link them here or not. I would like to think my writing is decent. I was really hesitent to post anything about this gig here because alot of the negitivity.

eh, just being willing to ask us to read your stuff on BR (and you aren't a spammer who'd be blocked from CP instantly), I think its probably fine to link an article occasionally? Not sure.

zonachief
03-15-2012, 08:43 PM
eh, just being willing to ask us to read your stuff on BR (and you aren't a spammer who'd be blocked from CP instantly), I think its probably fine to link an article occasionally? Not sure.

Cool man. Thanks!

JOhn
03-15-2012, 08:45 PM
cool story, bro:thumb:

zonachief
03-15-2012, 08:47 PM
cool story, bro:thumb:

second page? weak!

alnorth
03-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Cool man. Thanks!

Hah, well that is only my opinion, if some mod bans you, its not my fault! I'm also assuming your writing does not suck.

zonachief
03-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Im not sure if I will link my stuff here, but I will on facebook and twitter.

JOhn
03-15-2012, 08:53 PM
second page? weak!

I know, damn slackers around here.:rolleyes:

But I just got home.... :(

Phobia
03-15-2012, 09:20 PM
If you want to make a decent living as a new journalist, you have a couple of routes. The best, as far as I can tell, is to find a cool town that you know which doesn't have a hyperlocal online news source.

This is extremely profitable... If pissing people off were currency, I would be wealthy.

zonachief
03-15-2012, 09:33 PM
This is extremely profitable... If pissing people off were currency, I would be wealthy.

as would all of CP

NewChief
03-15-2012, 09:34 PM

Haha. Well, the guys here in Fayetteville are doing pretty well with it.
http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/

You just don't know what you're doing, Phil. Or else your stint with Athan tainted your journalistic cred. ;)