PDA

View Full Version : Football Who are the top 32 NFL-eligible QBs in 2012?

Rain Man
03-15-2012, 10:58 PM
Not worrying about the team they're on, who are the 32 quarterbacks who would start in the NFL in 2012 if we had a perfectly efficient market? In other words, who are the best 32 quarterbacks out there?

Rules:

1. These can be veterans or they can be rookies.

2. We're judging on 2012 performance ONLY. For the purposes of this thread, it doesn't matter if a guy is 40 years old and on the decline. If he's better in 2012 than the hotshot rookie, name him.

3. If a guy is retired, you can name him if you think it's reasonable that he would come back. So it's fair to mention Favre. It's not fair to mention Len Dawson even if you think he can still fling the ol' pigskin.

I'll start out by tossing out the obvious ones, and then add to the list.

Tony Romo
Eli Manning
Michael Vick
Jay Cutler
Aaron Rodgers
Matthew Stafford
Matt Ryan
Cam Newton
Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Andy Dalton
Ben Roethlisberger
Phillip Rivers

I think nearly everyone would agree that these 14 should be listed among the top 32, but feel free to disagree.

The above list is leaving out the starting QBs for Washington, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Arizona, St. Louis, San Francisco, Seattle, Buffalo, Miami, New York Jets, Baltimore, Cleveland, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Kansas City, and Oakland. It also excludes all rookies and all current backup quarterbacks, as well as Brett Favre and all other retired quarterbacks.

So who are the other 18?

threebag
03-15-2012, 11:00 PM
Matt "Warewolves" Blundin

KurtCobain
03-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Put alex smith and palmer before cassel.

JoeyChuckles
03-16-2012, 12:07 AM
I don't understand. Shouldn't we be voting on a round by round basis or something, slowly narrowing down the choices as we go?

Phobia
03-16-2012, 12:58 AM
Waiting for poll.

cdcox
03-16-2012, 01:38 AM
Schaub
Luck
Flacco
Sanchez
Palmer
Orton
Bradford