PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Matt Hasselbeck?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
03-17-2012, 12:01 PM
If Manning lands with the Titans that will push Hasselbeck onto the waiver wire. He'd be a better option than Brady Quinn and probably Matt Casshole.

To that point, the Chiefs are targeting a couple of 2nd tier QBs in the draft: Brock Osweiller from ASU and Chandler Harnish from NIU.

rico
03-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Didn't Romeo make a comment a while back that indicated that they didn't see the logic of having 2 project QB's on the team. Man, they contradict themselves so often it seems.

rico
03-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Not saying Hasselbeck would be a project.... But Osweiler and Harnish?

Bump
03-17-2012, 12:09 PM
C'MON MAN

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
03-17-2012, 12:10 PM
rico, I know but the Chiefs had scouts in Tempe the other day for ASU's pro day. Brock isn't throwing until the 28th or 29th of this month. He wants to throw after Ryan Tannahil

The Franchise
03-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Matt Miller ‏ @nfldraftscout Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
If #Titans sign Manning, Hasselbeck becomes available and should be headed to Cleveland.

patteeu
03-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Didn't Romeo make a comment a while back that indicated that they didn't see the logic of having 2 project QB's on the team. Man, they contradict themselves so often it seems.

Maybe they haven't seen enough out of Stanzi to keep riding that horse. They've had a year to see what his strengths and weaknesses are and he couldn't even get on the field ahead of Palko last year.

whoman69
03-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Maybe they haven't seen enough out of Stanzi to keep riding that horse. They've had a year to see what his strengths and weaknesses are and he couldn't even get on the field ahead of Palko last year.

I have a feeling that was more of a strategy to keep him off the field just as Brady was kept off the field his rookie year. I'm guessing, you're guessing. Nobody here really knows what the Chiefs coaches think of Stanzi's ability. From the outside looking in, I'll take the unknown over the known fail. Trotting Cassel out there again is insanity.

whoman69
03-17-2012, 12:36 PM

Not necessarily a contradiction if either Stanzi or whomever they might slot in this draft would compete for one roster spot.

whoman69
03-17-2012, 12:42 PM
I think we all know that if healthy, Hasselback is much better than Stanzi. How many are confident that he is able to stand up for a season? How many believe he has enough skill left to take this team to a championship? I don't. Granted, he had no running game most weeks. He also lost his deep threat early and was never replaced. Hasselback is going to be 37 when the season starts. The Titans weren't confident to keep him this year, neither should we.

patteeu
03-17-2012, 12:42 PM
I have a feeling that was more of a strategy to keep him off the field just as Brady was kept off the field his rookie year. I'm guessing, you're guessing. Nobody here really knows what the Chiefs coaches think of Stanzi's ability. From the outside looking in, I'll take the unknown over the known fail. Trotting Cassel out there again is insanity.

Of course I'm guessing. The point is that you can't conclude that the Chiefs are contradicting themselves just because they show interest in drafting a 2nd tier QB this year.

With Orton apparently not interested in returning, none of the QBs that have been on the market this FA period, Manning and Orton aside, have been obviously better than Cassel.

whoman69
03-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Not necessarily a contradiction if either Stanzi or whomever they might slot in this draft would compete for one roster spot.

Of course I'm guessing. The point is that you can't conclude that the Chiefs are contradicting themselves just because they show interest in drafting a 2nd tier QB this year.

With Orton apparently not interested in returning, none of the QBs that have been on the market this FA period, Manning and Orton aside, have been obviously better than Cassel.

You missed a post.

Where I can say the Chiefs are contradicting themselves is saying that they are bringing in competition for Cassel. Their "effort" to get Manning was rebuffed. No effort beyond that to bring in Orton, Cambell or Flynn, whom I would say would be the only QBs that could give Cassel competition. If the Chiefs draft a rookie, they still have to bring another QB in or face the prospect of a backup with no NFL game experience.

patteeu
03-17-2012, 01:37 PM
You missed a post.

i didn't miss a post. I was replying to ricoswaff when you bungled your way into the conversation. He's the one who said Pioli was contradicting himself. I'm bored with trying to explain this to you already so either figure out what's going on here or stop talking to me.

Where I can say the Chiefs are contradicting themselves is saying that they are bringing in competition for Cassel. Their "effort" to get Manning was rebuffed. No effort beyond that to bring in Orton, Cambell or Flynn, whom I would say would be the only QBs that could give Cassel competition. If the Chiefs draft a rookie, they still have to bring another QB in or face the prospect of a backup with no NFL game experience.

I agreed with the post you thought I missed. I don't agree with this one. A few minutes ago, you were telling me about how we were guessing about the Chiefs' thoughts about Stanzi. I obviously agree with that. Now, though, you're acting like you've been sitting in the same room as Pioli and his crew and know exactly what kind of efforts have been made to look for QB competition. You have no idea.

dallaschiefsfan
03-17-2012, 02:49 PM

He did. And this frustrates me. It is such flawed logic to not draft another QB because you already have a developmental QB. Draft and accumulate as much QB talent as you can. Draft one every freakin' year. Geeze. :banghead:

Shogun
03-17-2012, 02:51 PM
If Manning lands with the Titans that will push Hasselbeck onto the waiver wire. He'd be a better option than Brady Quinn and probably Matt Casshole.

To that point, the Chiefs are targeting a couple of 2nd tier QBs in the draft: Brock Osweiller from ASU and Chandler Harnish from NIU.

Why you want rail for kalashnikov? Is not good enough as procured form izhevsk mechanical works? You think needs improvement? Then maybe you find job with army of russia! You have drinks with mikhail kalashnikov, trade story of many weapons designed and details of school for engineering!

Or maybe you not do this. Probably is because you never design weapon in whole life. You look at fine russian rifle, think it need crazy s--t stick on all sides of weapon. You have disease of american capitalist, change thing that is fine for no reason except to look different from comrade. You put cheapflashlight of chinese slave factory on one side, you put bad scope of american middle west on other side, you put front pistol grip on bottom so you think you are like american movie guy john rambo. Maybe you put s-x d---o on top to f--k yourself in a-----e for making shameful travesty of rifle of mikhail kalashnikov, no?

Rifle is fine. You f--k it, it only get heavy and you still no hit largest side of barn. Go to firing range, practice with many magazine of cartridge. Then you not need dumb s--t put on side of rifle.

DaWolf
03-17-2012, 02:53 PM
He did. And this frustrates me. It is such flawed logic to not draft another QB because you already have a developmental QB. Draft and accumulate as much QB talent as you can. Draft one every freakin' year. Geeze. :banghead:

Actually, Pioli made this exact statement in a recent interview: he would like to draft a QB every year if the opportunity was there.

I wouldn't be shocked to see them draft a guy. And if they did, that would likely mean that the draftee and Stanzi would be fighting it out for that third and second spot (second spot would be a battle with whatever veteran we sign, IE Quinn)...

L.A. Chieffan
03-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Lol

rico
03-17-2012, 03:12 PM
I guess what confuses me is that everyone in the upcoming rookie class (except for RG3 and Luck) has been generally projected as projects. And the limited implications we have received from the coaching staff regarding Stanzi's development is that he is a project as well... then with Romeo (I think it was him, not Pioli) making a statement about failing to see the point of having 2 projects on the team (which heavily implies that Stanzi is a project) while Pioli is simultaneously making statements about drafting QB's every year if given the opportunity. I don't know, some of this stuff is just baffling to me... The Chiefs organization as a whole, seem very contradictory at times.

Bowser
03-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Given what we're being forced to deal with right now? Sure, bring him in for a look.

http://files.sharenator.com/okay_meme_tf2_version_by_jaymewes_d2y3ud5_What_do_you_mainly_use_the_internet_for-s215x226-187857-475.jpg

rico
03-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Btw, as far as Hasselbeck goes... I say yes, for 1 year. A blind and deaf Hasselbeck missing his arms and legs divided by a million > Cassel.

Predarat
03-17-2012, 04:04 PM
And if he sucks you can just call him CasselBeck.

evolve27
03-17-2012, 04:05 PM

ROFL

rico
03-17-2012, 04:14 PM

And blare the chorus to Beck "Loser" while he trots on the field.