PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pioli's Job Approval Rating: March 2012

DeezNutz
03-17-2012, 05:33 PM
OK, we're three years into the Pioli era, and there have been some significant moves in the past couple of weeks, so:

Do you approve of the way that Pioli is performing his job as the GM of the Chiefs?

Simple yes or no. You can qualify your responses via post.

lewdog
03-17-2012, 05:36 PM
No, we have a roster full of talent but without a QB we still can't compete in meaningful games.

FOL (**** our lives)

Fritz88
03-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Minus the QB issue, yes.

Direckshun
03-17-2012, 05:37 PM
In Pioli I trust.

Kraus
03-17-2012, 05:38 PM
We need a QB to be competitive. So no.

Crush
03-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Still waiting on that NT.

KC Hawks
03-17-2012, 05:39 PM
He's made progress, but until he gets serious about the QB situation (not signing Brady ****ing Quinn), then I do not approve.

Crush
03-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Also, he's still married to Cassel... so the answer is no.

Molitoth
03-17-2012, 05:40 PM
The fact that the Chiefs were the obvious best fit for Manning and he didn't want anything to do with this franchise automatically gets Pioli a negative rep in my book.

scho63
He gets a no as of today but if the FA's perform well and our injured stars are 90%, we should have a great year.

Direckshun
Still waiting on that NT.

Are you waiting on a second and third receiver?
An elite run game?
A good offensive line?
A top ten defense?
A great pair of bookend passrushers?
An elite secondary?

I'm waiting on a NT and QB too.

But let's get fucking real here.

BoneKrusher
03-17-2012, 05:42 PM
No, we have a roster full of talent but without a QB we still can't compete in meaningful games.

FOL (**** our lives)

yep

Dave Lane
03-17-2012, 05:43 PM
I put yes but really I mean that I only approve of it if he can find a quarterback that can actually become a franchise quarterback down the road or at least a competent one and drown Cassel.

Direckshun
03-17-2012, 05:43 PM

FOL (**** our lives)

yep

Tell the Jets or the 49ers or the Ravens that.

We can win meaningful games. But we're not Super Bowl guys just yet.

To expect us to be there three years after going 2-14 is bullshit.

Old Dog
03-17-2012, 05:44 PM
I'd be in a pickle if we signed a REAL QB. I already spent my season ticket money booking a cruise and a ticket to Hawaii for the Mrs. for my TDY out there in May
I would find a way though Clark, I promise.....

Titty Meat
03-17-2012, 05:45 PM
I won't aporve of Pioli until he shows he's not stubborn and addresses the QB position.

BoneKrusher
03-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Tell the Jets or the 49ers or the Ravens that.

We can win meaningful games. But we're not Super Bowl guys just yet.

To expect us to be there three years after going 2-14 is bullshit.

this team goes nowhere w/o a QB.

Dave Lane
03-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Also, he's still married to Cassel... so the answer is no.

I actually don't think he is married to Cassel but at this point really, what is out there? there's nothing to choose from till the draft at the very least

Direckshun
this team goes nowhere w/o a QB.

Tell the Ravens that. Or the Jets that. Or the 49ers that.

We're not going to the Super Bowl with Cassel. But that doesn't mean we can't make noise in January.

Direckshun
I actually don't think he is married to Cassel but at this point really, what is out there? there's nothing to choose from till the draft at the very least

And nothing in the draft.

BoneKrusher
03-17-2012, 05:47 PM

We're not going to the Super Bowl with Cassel. But that doesn't mean we can't make noise in January.

ok, lets see where the Chiefs are come this January.

bigdaddychieffan
03-17-2012, 05:49 PM
Quinn at least gives us a known commodity and he is no Tyler Failco. I think that behind a good line and with a great running game we can be very competitive. The ravens won it with Trent Dilfer (IE Cassel). If we can get a stud NT in the Draft then we are going to be real tough. I would draft Poe with 1st pick and Pass Rusher (OLB) with 2nd. Then BPA after that. I am starting to get excited.

Direckshun
03-17-2012, 05:49 PM
ok, lets see where the Chiefs are come this January.

k

lewdog
03-17-2012, 05:50 PM

I guess with how much personnel changes in the NFL, I would rather go with a win now strategy. And not to be a homer, but with a good QB this team could make noise right now.........as in next season!

Bwana
03-17-2012, 05:50 PM
To make a run for the super bowl, you need a decent QB. If we had a QB, the rest is in place. In order to beat the best in the NFL, it's a must. WE NEED A REAL QB SCOTT.

BoneKrusher
03-17-2012, 05:52 PM
And not to be a homer, but with a good QB this team could make noise right now.........as in next season!

exactly why i get so pissed that QB hasn't been addressed in three years..

carlos3652
03-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Roster 2009 --

Qb - Huard, Croyle, Thigpen, Gray
Rb - Johnson, Charles, Smith, Battle, Cox
Wr - Bowe, Darling, Bradley, Webb, Franklin, Robinson
Te - Gonzalez, Cottam, Merrit
Ot - Albert, McIntosh, Taylor, Richardson, Carnaham
Og - Waters, Smith, Jones, Washington
C - Niswanger
De - Hali, McBride, Babin, Gilberry, Studebaker
Dt - Dorsey, Tyler, Edwards, Boone, Lokey
Lb - DJ, Edwards, D. Williams, Pat Thomas, Boiman, Gatewood, Dacus
Cb - Surtain, Flowers, Carr, Legget, Macklin, Colclough
S - Pollard, Morgan
K - Barth
P - Colquit

Roster March 2012 --with draft looming.

Qb - Cassel, Quinn, Stanzi
Rb - Charles, Hillis
Wr - Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin, McCluster, Copper
Te - Moeaki, Boss, Maneri
Ot - Albert, Winston, Mims
Og - Lilja, Asomoah, Harris
C - Hudson, Bruggeman
De - Dorsey, Jackson, Bailey, Blair, Patterson
Nt - Gordon, Powe, Toribio
Lb - Hali, DJ, Houston, Belcher, Studebaker, Greenwood, Sheffield, Miller
Cb - Flowers, Routt, Arenas, Brown
S - Berry, Lewis, Washington
K - Succup
P - Colquit

Upgrades across the board for me.

BoneKrusher
03-17-2012, 05:58 PM
Roster 2009 --

C - Niswanger
S - Pollard, Morgan
K - Barth
P - Colquit

Rb - Charles, Hillis
C - Hudson, Bruggeman
Lb - Hali, DJ, Houston, Studebaker, Greenwood, Sheffield, Miller
K - Succup
P - Colquit

except the QB's
i'd take Thiggy over Quinn and Castle anyday.

dallaschiefsfan
03-17-2012, 05:58 PM
If it weren't for the QB issue, I would say yes. QB issue alone make me a big NO

Fritz88
03-17-2012, 06:00 PM
TRUE FANS TO SUMMON

VEEE KAN DO ZIS

carlos3652
03-17-2012, 06:01 PM
except the QB's
i'd take Thiggy over Quinn and Castle anyday.

:shake: lolwut?

BoneKrusher
03-17-2012, 06:01 PM
:shake: lolwut?

in case you're not sure, i'm serious

Crush
03-17-2012, 06:04 PM
An elite run game?
A good offensive line?
A top ten defense?
An elite secondary?

He took McCluster over Cody. If you make the decision to switch to the 3-4, you better to do whatever it takes to get a NT.

carlos3652
03-17-2012, 06:04 PM
in case you're not sure, i'm serious

Thigpen couldn't manage a game... Casell = Huard.... How people forget...

Direckshun
03-17-2012, 06:06 PM
He took McCluster over Cody. If you make the decision to switch to the 3-4, you better to do whatever it takes to get a NT.

And he used the Tony G pick on Arenas. He's made shitty moves.

He's also given us two great drafts. He's fleshed out the roster while keeping us drastically under the cap.

You're not seeing the forest for the trees.

tmax63
03-17-2012, 06:06 PM
selective memories to support their passion

okcchief
03-17-2012, 06:09 PM
The QB issue is all that holds me back from being happy. We have a solid team aside from that. Hopefully we can run the shit out of the ball and the generic QB can do enough to move the chains when needed.

Bugeater
03-17-2012, 06:09 PM
Getting us back to mediocrity isn't an accomplishment.

KurtCobain
03-17-2012, 06:10 PM
I was on the border and I clicked yes. Then I remembered my boy Brandon Carr. damnit, what have I done?

scho63
03-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Roster 2009 --

C - Niswanger
S - Pollard, Morgan
K - Barth
P - Colquit

Rb - Charles, Hillis
C - Hudson, Bruggeman
Lb - Hali, DJ, Houston, Studebaker, Greenwood, Sheffield, Miller
K - Succup
P - Colquit

:thumb::thumb:

BoneKrusher
03-17-2012, 06:16 PM

Cassel cant do anything

03-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Where is the not only no but fuck no option?

Bwana
03-17-2012, 06:19 PM

I know Huards cousin. Him and his wife were over here, with several other people drinking beer over in the man cave around Christmas. I was gravling his ass for half the night over that fact.

milkman
03-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Quinn at least gives us a known commodity and he is no Tyler Failco. I think that behind a good line and with a great running game we can be very competitive. The ravens won it with Trent Dilfer (IE Cassel). If we can get a stud NT in the Draft then we are going to be real tough. I would draft Poe with 1st pick and Pass Rusher (OLB) with 2nd. Then BPA after that. I am starting to get excited.

With the rules changes that have been implemented in the last ten years, the days of winning SBs with mediocre QBs like Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are long gone.

In today's NFL, a QB that can make plays is an absolute necessity.

GloryDayz
03-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Anybody who works for a Hunt, like working for Glass, is doomed to failure! But alas, he'd have failed anyway. Now if we could just keep him focused on gum wrappers...

whoman69
03-17-2012, 06:45 PM
While he has brought in some good players, he has failed in his most important responsibility to bring a franchise QB to the team. Fail rochambeau

carlos3652
03-17-2012, 06:47 PM
While he has brought in some good players, he has failed in his most important responsibility to bring a franchise QB to the team. Fail rochambeau

Again, what Franchise QB was available in the last three years that we missed on again?

rico
03-17-2012, 06:54 PM
Minus the QB issue, yes.

This.

DeezNutz
03-17-2012, 07:05 PM
Somewhat surprised by the breakdown. Very diverse group here.

JohnnyHammersticks
03-17-2012, 07:56 PM
I think Pioli is good at everything except evaluating quarterback talent. . . which is kind of like having a mechanic who's good at everything but fixing engines.

Bane
03-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Casshole is still the Chief's starting QB so fuck no.

Bowser
03-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Minus the QB issue, yes.

Bowser
03-17-2012, 08:03 PM
Somewhat surprised by the breakdown. Very diverse group here.

If we would have brought in a QB even of Brad Johnson's ability, I would vote yes, for sure. We haven't, so I didn't.

the Talking Can
03-17-2012, 08:05 PM
there is no simple answer

1. his drafts and ability to craft contracts are looking better and better...honestly, some of these contracts are ridiculous and it makes me wonder if he slips GHB to agents

2. his investment in Cassel, and worse his complacency with the QB position, is unforgivable...

3. we still don't know about his ability to hire a coach: Haley was a dumpster fire, and Crennel - while admired, and a great DC - has a history of failure as a HC

so in one area he's great, in a second he's an absolute failure, and in a third he's still a question mark...

Sassy Squatch
03-17-2012, 08:06 PM
What in the fuck is the point of parroting 'OMFG POLIO HASNT GOT QB YET SO HE SUCKZ COKS IN HELL' over and over again. I'm sure as fuck not satisfied with Cassel either, but to say he hasn't tried is utter bullshit. Drop some names of QB's we had a LEGIT shot to get.

O.city
03-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Agree somewhat with the TC.

I think if an obvious qb option came available they would be all in , like they supposedly were with Manning.

Bane
03-17-2012, 08:07 PM
What in the **** is the point of parroting 'OMFG POLIO HASNT GOT QB YET SO HE SUCKZ COKS IN HELL' over and over again. I'm sure as **** not satisfied with Cassel either, but to say he hasn't tried is utter bullshit. Drop some names of QB's we had a LEGIT shot to get.

He drafted Tyson Jackson @ 3 and who is our OC?Nuff said.

O.city
03-17-2012, 08:09 PM
The Tyson Jackson shit needs to be put to bed.

I realize for where he was drafted it is off, but the guy has improved alot and actually does a damn good job DOING WHAT HE IS SUPPOSED TO DO.

Bowser
03-17-2012, 08:11 PM
What in the fuck is the point of parroting 'OMFG POLIO HASNT GOT QB YET SO HE SUCKZ COKS IN HELL' over and over again. I'm sure as fuck not satisfied with Cassel either, but to say he hasn't tried is utter bullshit. Drop some names of QB's we had a LEGIT shot to get.

With our cap space available? Name a free agent QB we COULDN'T have signed.

Sassy Squatch
03-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Seriously? That entire draft as a whole was a tire AIDS fire in terms of talent available.

hometeam
03-17-2012, 08:13 PM
If the 22m contract of the Winston deal is true, expect a trend upward.

If this poll would have been posted 4 days ago watch it go the other way~

Bane
03-17-2012, 08:14 PM
The Tyson Jackson shit needs to be put to bed.

I realize for where he was drafted it is off, but the guy has improved alot and actually does a damn good job DOING WHAT HE IS SUPPOSED TO DO.

I would have rather had Orakpo @ 3 doing WHAT HE IS SUPPOSED TO DO.

Sassy Squatch
03-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Its quite easy to point at any free agent QB and say we should've signed him. Its a whole nother thing to bring them in and convince him that out of all 32 NFL teams he could play for, ours is the best fit.

O.city
I would have rather had Orakpo @ 3 doing WHAT HE IS SUPPOSED TO DO.

He is one of the top rated 34 defensive ends against he run.

I agree he could use some serious upgrade at rushing the passer, but thats not really what he is asked to do.

DeezNutz
At this point, Cassel is the albatross. There is no answer but "no" for me because of this.

jspchief
03-17-2012, 08:16 PM
I think my FA wishlist I posted in December listed TE, RB, RT, NT, and interior O-line.

The interior O-line was more about feeling there were quality guards and centers, than desperate need.

So far we got a good TE, an acceptable RB, and a great RT.

I'm concerned about NT. Interior O-line can be addressed on the draft.

I would give Pioli a B-. Up to a B+ if we still add a vet DT.

Bane
03-17-2012, 08:17 PM
He is one of the top rated 34 defensive ends against he run.

I agree he could use some serious upgrade at rushing the passer, but thats not really what he is asked to do.

For me I have to take everything Pisoli has done so far to form my opinion.With Cassel,jackson and our new OC,I just can't say I approve but I am pleasantly surprised by our FA signings thus far.

O.city
03-17-2012, 08:31 PM
For me I have to take everything Pisoli has done so far to form my opinion.With Cassel,jackson and our new OC,I just can't say I approve but I am pleasantly surprised by our FA signings thus far.

Agree, good point.

Although I think Jackson could end up being a real cornerstone of the defense.

Cassel, not much hope there.

Predarat
03-17-2012, 08:31 PM
Im going to have to go ahead and vote no on this one.

KCDC
03-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Yes because there was no way to fix the QB without getting one of the first 2 picks in the draft or convincing PM to come here. The former would have been far too expensive and the latter was outside of his control mostly. But, we can't win a SB without a good QB. I have to hope he'll find someone next year or so. With the strong team we have, even Cassel will look surprisingly good this year.

Milkman said it elsewhere -- when you have a good running game and a good O-line it can create the illusion that Cassel is a pro bowl QB ... until we play a top team.

bigdaddychieffan
03-17-2012, 08:49 PM
I am not sure that there have been a ton of great QB options outside of PM right now that are just heads and shoulders better than Cassel. I guess we tried with PM and he apparantly wasn't interested in us. He would rather go to Tenessee or Denver. Both of them have been hamstrung in improving their teams because they are waiting on a response from him. We weren't going to get Luck or RGIII. Quinn isn't that bad of an option for competition/backup role. We really haven't seen what Cassel could do with a good line (at least as a Chief). We know he was serviceable with a good running game and there is a chance ours might be the best it has been in a long time this year. We now have 2 good tight ends and that is good cause he doesn't look past 10 yards. We could be a really ground it out type of team and with a good NT/draft we could be scary good on defense with getting E. Berry back. I think there is reason to be excited. We are a overall much more talented team since he took over. Gets a B+ from me. If we get a franchise QB in the next 3 years then he will surely deserve an A. We also have one young team overall still and they are much more talented than the young team we had under Herm and Carl.

BigRedChief
03-17-2012, 09:45 PM
OK, we're three years into the Pioli era, and there have been some significant moves in the past couple of weeks, so:

Do you approve of the way that Pioli is performing his job as the GM of the Chiefs?

Simple yes or no. You can qualify your responses via post.Poll fail.

Its a he's the best GM or he sucks poll.

Brock
03-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Poll fail.

Its a he's the best GM or he sucks poll.

It's actually a simple question. Do you approve or not?

BigRedChief
03-17-2012, 09:50 PM
At this point, Cassel is the albatross. There is no answer but "no" for me because of this.A GM's job performance is not based on one signing, one pick. Did the Tony G pick make King Carl a good GM?

jd1020
03-17-2012, 09:54 PM
At this point, Cassel is the albatross. There is no answer but "no" for me because of this.

Gotta love the people bitching about Cassel and then also bitching about every single option available to us to compete with him.

32 teams in the NFL and you barely need more than 1 hand to count the # of franchise QB's in the league and people on CP act like they grow on fucking trees and the Chiefs are the only one without one.

Fritz88
03-17-2012, 09:59 PM
True fans win.

Deez, come to the bright side.

Polio is going to lead us to glory.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lko6zvPRRs1qzi9fto1_500.gif

Wallcrawler
03-17-2012, 10:10 PM
No. The Matt Cassel experiment has gone on for FAR too long. Anyone else would be doing serious prison time for stealing so much damn money.

There is absolutely NO WAY that Matt Cassel would have kept his job 3 years with any other franchise.

This is a passing league. We have had the WORST starting QB in terms of yards per attempt since he has taken over the offense. The soft schedule, and a GENIUS performance as offensive coordinator by Charlie Weiss got Matt Cassel one respectable season that landed him in the Pro Bowl, but the truth however, was that when we really needed Cassel in that playoff game against the Ravens, he couldnt deliver anything but checkdowns or interceptions.

This offense needs a leader that can shoulder the load, put the team on his back and win the game with his arm if needed. This team right now for all its improvement, is never going to be any better than Marty's teams.

If the game is not played PERFECTLY, one mistake costs you the game. When theres no time on the clock for the running game, we dont have a guy who can move the football quickly down the field. Our D can hold and hold and hold and hold, and when Shat throws that pick down in our redzone and they score on the short field, we're fecked.

No number of signings is ever going to cover up his blatant disregard for how badly Cassel has performed, and his lack of trying to rectify the situation and get someone in here that gives us a chance to win. REALLY WIN.

Not just the soft schedule regular season games, but the tough games against the best teams in the league. Playoff games.

Until Pioli delivers a Quarterback that can utilize all the weapons that he's signed, all it amounts to is good intentions.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

suds79
03-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Hard to look past Matt Cassel still being the QB without any real competition coming in here.

But I do like the other signings we've had. Hillis, Boss & Winston.

crazycoffey
03-18-2012, 12:48 AM
An elite run game?
A good offensive line?
A top ten defense?
An elite secondary?

This.

Imperfect world. He's doing pretty good here. No injuries and we're in the playoffs. Next year too. And we're competitive even with cassel.

RealSNR
03-18-2012, 01:01 AM
What I love about Pioli:

-His recent draft record

-His ability to offer contracts at RIDICULOUSLY cheap prices to some damn fine talented players (Charles, Winston)

-The way he abuses Adam Teicher in press conferences

What I hate about Pioli:
-Quarterback

-His incestual relationship to former Patriots players that makes me want to kidnap teenagers and force them to eat my feces

-Quarterback

-His incestual relationship to former Patriots coaches/front office staff that makes me want to kidnap teenagers and force them to eat my feces

-Quarterback

-The way he ignores ignores or lies about any questions dealing with his incestual relationship to a former Patriots quarterback that makes me want to kidnap teenagers and force them to eat my feces

-Quarterback

-All of his other hypocritical rhetorical ticks in interviews that piss me off (ex: "competition at every position" = earn your spot every time you step onto the field unless you're at the most important fucking position on the field and your name is Matt Cassel)

-The amazing number of excuses he/his supporters make up to justify these abortions of decisions

-Quarterback
------------------------------------

Tally all the points up, carry the 3..... I arrived at "no"

Rasputin
03-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Fuck no! He made us watch Cassel and then and then FUCKING PALKO wtf.

BigMeatballDave
03-18-2012, 02:14 AM
I'm so glad he finally addressed the QB...

DTLB58
03-18-2012, 03:56 AM
NO.

I thought with all the fan fare the Chiefs would have been a much better team by now.

He whiffed on his first head coach hire.

No Franchise QB. Not even a decent freaking back-up at the games most
valuable position.

The Chiefs are still the laughing stock of the league in some circles. Playoff wins, Can't get Peyton to even come visit and that nasty article in the Star.

NO real NT in the 3-4 = Pathetic.

Fishpicker
03-18-2012, 04:08 AM
He's better than Carl. He isn't trying to convert players from S to CB. And he's working within a budget. Wiretaps are pretty expensive without a court order or the NSA to back you.

Fritz88
03-18-2012, 04:22 AM
True fans Unite
Posted via Mobile Device

Fritz88
03-18-2012, 04:24 AM
Knomo's vote shouldn't be counted. He's an infidel.
Neither should Clay's because he redefines flip flopping.
Posted via Mobile Device

DTLB58
03-18-2012, 04:29 AM
Its quite easy to point at any free agent QB and say we should've signed him. Its a whole nother thing to bring them in and convince him that out of all 32 NFL teams he could play for, ours is the best fit.

That's HIS job. Talent acquisition. He has said it time after time. If He fails to do said above, he won't have a job long. Why do you think the Winston thing drug on for so long when he had other visits scheduled? Pioli knew how important this acquisition was to not only the team but his job.

Fritz88
03-18-2012, 04:34 AM
Roster 2009 --

C - Niswanger
S - Pollard, Morgan
K - Barth
P - Colquit

Rb - Charles, Hillis
C - Hudson, Bruggeman
Lb - Hali, DJ, Houston, Belcher, Studebaker, Greenwood, Sheffield, Miller
K - Succup
P - Colquit

If this is not enough then I am pretty sure you've drunken OTWP's sperm.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCUnited
03-18-2012, 07:08 AM
3. we still don't know about his ability to hire a coach: Haley was a dumpster fire, and Crennel - while admired, and a great DC - has a history of failure as a HC

I think this is an important factor for me to grade Pioli properly. A while ago, Soren Petro did a historic record breakdown of teams that went from an iron fist coach (Haley) to a nice guy, player friendly coach (Romeo) and across the board the teams responded well in the first year and then took a complete shit the following years.

notorious
03-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Matt Cassel.

Fuck.

notorious
03-18-2012, 07:43 AM
I think this is an important factor for me to grade Pioli properly. A while ago, Soren Petro did a historic record breakdown of teams that went from an iron fist coach (Haley) to a nice guy, player friendly coach (Romeo) and across the board the teams responded well in the first year and then took a complete shit the following years.

Player friendly coaches always fall apart.

This team is fucked for 3 years, at the very least.

ThatRaceCardGuy
03-18-2012, 08:14 AM
NO. If you still have Cassel as your starter with Brady Q backing him up you're failing

Shaid
03-18-2012, 08:27 AM
We need a QB but you can't discount the improvement in the roster the past few years. We're slowly building a pretty strong team. Also, I'm pretty sure Pioli knows Cassel isn't getting it done and this is his put up or shut up year. If he doesn't perform and Pioli sticks with him again, I'm done with him.

chiefzilla1501
03-18-2012, 08:41 AM
We need a QB but you can't discount the improvement in the roster the past few years. We're slowly building a pretty strong team. Also, I'm pretty sure Pioli knows Cassel isn't getting it done and this is his put up or shut up year. If he doesn't perform and Pioli sticks with him again, I'm done with him.

Are you pretty sure of that? Because last time I checked, he dumped Kyle Orton even though he was cheaper than Cassel. He promised us competition, instead he went hard after a backup. There was never any talk of being interested in Matt Flynn. Never any talk of the Chiefs being interested in RGIII. There was talk of interest in Henne, but never any mention of him considering a visit wit the Chiefs.

Let's be real here. The Chiefs seem to think that the only thing that would take the job away from Matt Cassel is a player as good as Peyton Manning.

chiefzilla1501
03-18-2012, 08:42 AM
Player friendly coaches always fall apart.

This team is ****ed for 3 years, at the very least.

This is why I hate hate hate the Romeo hire.

Scott Pioli is building the New England Patriots and he's doing it admirably. Somewhere, he became convinced that the Patriots could be the Patriots without Brady or Bellichick.

L.A. Chieffan
03-18-2012, 08:44 AM
A++ all the way.

There's really nothing that he could've done better.

-King-
03-18-2012, 08:47 AM
This is why I hate hate hate the Romeo hire.

Scott Pioli is building the New England Patriots and he's doing it admirably. Somewhere, he became convinced that the Patriots could be the Patriots without Brady or Bellichick.
The Patriots have NEVER had the talent we have.
Posted via Mobile Device

carlos3652
03-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Are you pretty sure of that? Because last time I checked, he dumped Kyle Orton even though he was cheaper than Cassel.

lol wut?

Orton is more expensive than Casell in 2012? And Casell contract is up in 2013 and Orton is up in 2017. :hmmm:

Simplicity
03-18-2012, 09:01 AM
Wished he woulda waited to see how the Alex Smith issue goes down and not be so trigger happy on Brady Quitter. BUT I do like that he saw the holes at the RB spot and OT spot and filled them with quality/elite players. I'm gonna say he is going on the right track. But what I don't understand is having 3 qbs when we only activate 2 a game two of them are below average and one who hasn't gotten a chance to play yet. I do have to say that I am excited(bad or good) to see how Matt Cassel/Stanzi/Quinn play and I do hope all them, depening who starts, plays very well.

chiefzilla1501
03-18-2012, 09:03 AM
A++ all the way.

They should have signed Orton and cut Cassel.
In a year where they had tons of cap space, they chose to go cheap on an inferior, older CB. Stanford Routt has probably 3 years left in his legs. Routt will be 29 in July. Carr will be 26 in May. And Carr didn't even break the bank. He was paid a reasonable contract.
And the fact that the Chiefs whiffed on the Peyton Manning sweepstakes despite being interested, yes, that's a very big problem.
They completely whiffed on Paul Solilai. So we STILL don't have a Nose Tackle.

I can't believe how much excitement there is over the Chiefs upgrading with a backup RB and a Right Tackle. Those are two definite Super Bowl positions for sure.

The Chiefs get a C purely on the QB situation. They get a D when you factor everything else.

loochy
03-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Why isn't there a "kinda" vote?

I'm mostly good with him except for the giant WTF situation that is QB. I also hate his stupid secret CIA dumbassery and I think he was the instigator in the Haley situation.

L.A. Chieffan
03-18-2012, 09:25 AM
They should have signed Orton and cut Cassel.
In a year where they had tons of cap space, they chose to go cheap on an inferior, older CB. Stanford Routt has probably 3 years left in his legs. Routt will be 29 in July. Carr will be 26 in May. And Carr didn't even break the bank. He was paid a reasonable contract.
And the fact that the Chiefs whiffed on the Peyton Manning sweepstakes despite being interested, yes, that's a very big problem.
They completely whiffed on Paul Solilai. So we STILL don't have a Nose Tackle.

I can't believe how much excitement there is over the Chiefs upgrading with a backup RB and a Right Tackle. Those are two definite Super Bowl positions for sure.

The Chiefs get a C purely on the QB situation. They get a D when you factor everything else.

Youre a troll. GTFO

L.A. Chieffan
03-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Carr getting 10 million as opposed to Routt getting 6? I guarantee Routt will put up better numbers than Carr. Manning is a bust. Solilai resigned with his own team and to be honest hes pretty overrated. Wipe out the sand

Shox
03-18-2012, 09:45 AM
I don't know how anyone can say Pioli/Hunt are not doing a good job. They have steadily made this team better, with the exception of the first draft which was not very good. But you have to give them a pass because they got a very late start.

1. Drafts have been good (not great).
2. FA have been very, very good. Quality players without way over paying and killing the cap sitaution.
3. Coaches, an error was made with Haley, but again it was a late start to the process. And they did not hang on for 3,4,5 years hoping things got better. They recognized Haley did not have the right personality and moved on. They have not been shy about bringing in quality coaches and I think Romeo was the right guy for the job given the situaiton.
4. By far the biggest critisim is the QB situation. Assuming they do not give Cassel a free pass this season, I don't see how you can really complain about it either. Name one QB they have passed on in the draft you can say was a huge error; 2009 Shanchez looks to be nothing more than an average QB at best; 2010 everyone was begging for Clasen which turned out to be a very good pass on the Chiefs part. There is not any QB you can look at today and say they should have taken. Stafford and Bradford where #1 picks the Chiefs were never going be able to trade up for.

What about FA? Again I don't see a single FA QB you can point to and say the Chiefs should have went and got. The fact is franchise QB are very, very hard to find. Reaching for one you don't think is going to be that kind of guy (and history says he won't) only sets back the franchise. You are much better off building a great roster and then finding the diamond in the rough.....a Big Ben or Tom Brady.

Pioli may be arrogant just like King Carl, but he knows how to build a football team. And for all of the complaints about Clark being a tight ass I totally disagree. Yes, he probably does look for value in contracts, but I don't think that is a bad thing. You must manage the cap in the NFL or you just waste your draft picks when you have to let them walk away. Clark has spent money on some big name coaches and he is spending some on some great FA.

All of you critics need to come forward and confess you were wrong. Give a little love for the roster Pioli/Hunt are building, and most of all quit the complaining about absolutely every thing that happens.

Direckshun
03-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Drafts have been very good? Not great?

Pioli has been a Top 5 drafter since arriving in Kansas City. And that's including the 2009 draft.

whoman69
03-18-2012, 10:39 AM
A++ all the way.

Your schtick is getting old.

whoman69
03-18-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm a troll. GTFO

FYP

L.A. Chieffan
03-18-2012, 10:41 AM
FYP

Owning fools since 2006 baby

whoman69
03-18-2012, 10:44 AM
Carr getting 10 million as opposed to Routt getting 6? I guarantee Routt will put up better numbers than Carr. Manning is a bust. Solilai resigned with his own team and to be honest hes pretty overrated. Wipe out the sand

Routt will put up bigger numbers...for penalties, TDs given up. With all that cap room, Pioli wants to take a downgrade over 3% of our salary cap.

Manning will have a bust in Canton. You stating definitively that he will fail is a total joke.

You can't know much about Soliai if you can't even spell his name right. Is he better than Gordon? Right now that is our starter.

L.A. Chieffan
03-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Routt will put up bigger numbers...for penalties, TDs given up. With all that cap room, Pioli wants to take a downgrade over 3% of our salary cap.

Manning will have a bust in Canton. You stating definitively that he will fail is a total joke.

You can't know much about Soliai if you can't even spell his name right. Is he better than Gordon? Right now that is our starter.

Routt has consistently been in the top of CBs in the league. You dont know what the fuck you're talking about. I hope I dont make you cry into your Captain Piccard life size plushy.

RealSNR
03-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Youre a troll. GTFO
Genius. Masterful. Inspiring.

It's beautiful!

L.A. Chieffan
03-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Genius. Masterful. Inspiring.

It's beautiful!

Bansky aint got nothin on me

Fairplay
03-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Are you waiting on a second and third receiver? yes
An elite run game? yes
A good offensive line? yes
A top ten defense? yes
A great pair of bookend passrushers? yes
An elite secondary? yes

But let's get ****ing real here.

I want it all.

BoneKrusher
03-18-2012, 11:24 AM
I want it all.

yep.
and i want it now! :p

Fritz88
03-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Haters ganna hate.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
03-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Pioli aced the multiple choice part of the test, but when he got to the Essay question he doodled pictures of airplanes crashing into the ground.

Okie_Apparition
03-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Everyone wants a franchise QB & that QB is going to take close to 1/5 of your cap space
Pioli slowly is proving he can manage that tight wire act
PeytonManning you're an idiot

Rausch
03-18-2012, 12:24 PM
I'd say he's earned a C+.

It's clear that he was able to bring in talent but he hired a fucking chimp to paint the Mona Lisa...

whoman69
03-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Bansky aint got nothin on me

Especially not self congratulations and ego.