PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who's Next?

dtrain
03-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Now that Winston is signed who would you like to sign?
1. Marcus McNeill OT
2. Matt Flynn QB
3. Mike Tolbert RB
4. Kameron Wimbley OLB
5. Jameel McClain ILB
6. Maro Manningham WR
7. Brandon Lloyd WR
8. LaRon Laundry SS
9. ??

03-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Not Brady Quinn.

BigCatDaddy
03-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Dwayne Bowe

bigdaddychieffan
03-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Kamerion Wimbley, but we wont. I would like LaRon Landry if we don't.

Shogun
03-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Would like Wimbley

BoneKrusher
03-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Tolbert because w/o a QB we have to run the Ball all year.

tredadda
03-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Bowe, followed by Tolbert.

Dayze
03-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Tim biakabatuka

Micjones
03-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Jerricho Cotchery, Marcus McNeil and Geoff Schwartz are all due to visit next week.

(G/T) Geoff Schwartz
(NT) Brodrick Bunkley/Shaun Rogers
(S) Melvin Bullitt

Then we can turn our attention to the draft.

DTLB58
Dwayne Bowe

Long term deal would probably free up some more $.

Tolbert and you can never have to many pass rushers. If you want to win, take off the head of the snake, in another words take out the other teams QB.

CaliforniaChief
Extend Bowe, Sign Tolbert, Watch Manning go to 49'ers and associated KnowMo self-mutilation.

CupidStunt
03-17-2012, 05:58 PM
Not living in dreamland, it SHOULD be a solid ILB.

tredadda
03-17-2012, 05:58 PM
Extend Bowe, Sign Tolbert, Watch Manning go to 49'ers and associated KnowMo self-mutilation.

ROFL

CaliforniaChief
03-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Actually, swoop in on Peyton Manning, dump/trade Cassel, and THEN watch KnowMo self-mutilate.

Direckshun
Bowe.

Direckshun
Actually, swoop in on Peyton Manning, dump/trade Cassel, and THEN watch KnowMo self-mutilate.

God that'd be great.

Fat Elvis
Not Brady Quinn.

You jinxed us.

The Franchise
03-17-2012, 06:04 PM
I'll take Geoff Schwartz. Wimbley would be nice but he's going to want a lot of money and that would put Houston back on the bench.

Chiefs=Champions
03-17-2012, 06:06 PM
I'll take Geoff Schwartz. Wimbley would be nice but he's going to want a lot of money and that would put Houston back on the bench.

Yer fuck that. Houston's a stud

CaliforniaChief
03-17-2012, 06:09 PM
I like Wimbley but not enough to displace Houston. I think we're set at OLB for years.

QB and NT for me.

carlos3652
03-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Schwartz to make Lilja a quality backup on this line, as well as a backup T to Albert and Winston.

Full of win with this pickup.

Tolbert

and Cotchery for special teams #4 WR

In that order...

keg in kc
03-17-2012, 06:14 PM
You're next!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VMy9djshbGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry.

Sassy Squatch
03-17-2012, 06:19 PM
You're next!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VMy9djshbGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry.
What kind of a fucking idiot purposefully stands under sparks?

scho63
03-17-2012, 06:28 PM
4. Kameron Wimbley OLB

siberian khatru
03-17-2012, 06:32 PM
https://www.morrisonhotelgallery.com/images/medium/WhosNext_Web980px.jpg

philfree
03-17-2012, 06:48 PM
We still need a NT. Are any even available in FA that are worth a darn?

ChiefGator
03-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Geoff Schwartz would be a great, most likely inexpensive, pickup. I'm not sold on Lilja.

Still would like to see Tolbert don the Chief uniform.

And I think Cotchery would be an improvement at the #3 or #4 WR position. Which is a good thing.

ChiefGator
03-17-2012, 07:52 PM

I don't think there's anyone out there... Sounds like Gordon and Powe next year, barring a high draft pick.

Micjones
03-17-2012, 08:39 PM

Probably a half-dozen.
Three young guys and three or four stop-gap situations.
Rogers, Pouha, Franklin, Landri, Bunkley, Thomas.

shammus
03-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Pouha resigned with the Jets. Out of those others, I'm not certain that some of them fit our scheme. Others, like Rogers might not even be an upgrade over Amon Gordon. I think for a NT, we're going to need to draft one - maybe Ta'amu in RD 2 or Josh Chapman in the 3rd?

There are a few positions though that we could still upgrade in FA. Still quite a few safeties out there. Last year at safety, our depth consisted of Sabby and McGraw. Bringing in Atogwe or Bullitt gives our depth quite a significant upgrade.

Seems like there's a ton of middle linebackers and running backs out there as well. We could really improve our depth there affordably it seems. Winston signed for less than I thought he would so I think we've still got room under the cap to fit in a couple more free agents if we want them. It seems like we could bring in Green-Ellis, Tolbert, Bush or even Forsett cheaply. Given for what Hillis signed for and that there's seemingly a greater supply of backs than there is demand for them, we could probably nab one more back to rotate with Charles and Hillis.

Middle linebackers available include Hawthorne, McClain, Erin Henderson, Manny Lawson, etc... Any of which could give us depth at that position. Might not be the biggest position of need though since we have DJ and recently resigned Siler and Belcher for that position.

I like the idea of bringing in Schwartz though. When was his visit supposed to be? He could be a right guard for us or be solid depth at tackle. I know he and McNeill have been scheduled for a visit next week. Wonder if we'll keep those even with Winston signed.

As far as our scheduled visits go.... Marcus McNeill, Geoff Schwartz, Tolbert and Cotchery are all supposedly coming in. Cotchery makes a solid WR4 so I think I'd take any one of those guys actually.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Tolbert because w/o a QB we have to run the Ball all year.

just never stop

doesn't it old saying the same thing over and over again? Just wondering.

RealSNR
03-18-2012, 01:51 PM
I want Tolbert's huge cock raping defenses this year.

okcchief
03-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Who else is Tolbert visiting?

BossChief
03-18-2012, 03:19 PM
A couple moves I wouldnt be against:

Sign Dan Koppen...he has always been a good center for NE, but missed last year with a broken leg. 32 years old, so good for a 2 year deal if still available after the draft.

Trade for Sammy Lee Hill...he was only tagged with the "original pick tender" which means we could send a 4th rounder to Detroit for him. 6'4'' and about 330 and a terrific run blocker. Only 25 years old.

BoneKrusher
03-18-2012, 03:24 PM
just never stop

doesn't it old saying the same thing over and over again? Just wondering.

just hoping it might sink in with Pioli after a while, i guess not.

my Cassel hate has gotten stronger than my love for the Team,
tis sad, isnt it?.

Micjones
03-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Trade for Sammy Lee Hill...he was only tagged with the "original pick tender" which means we could send a 4th rounder to Detroit for him. 6'4'' and about 330 and a terrific run blocker. Only 25 years old.

Excellent idea.

I remember the Chiefs scouted Hill a few years back.
Hell, I'd send them a #3 for him.

The Franchise
03-18-2012, 04:08 PM
I've been calling for a trade for Hill for like the last fucking 2 years. If they only tendered him for a 4th....I'd do it yesterday.

BossChief
03-18-2012, 04:26 PM
I am begining to wonder if that is some unwritten rule amongst GMs or something.

You NEVER see teams trading for tagged players, no matter what tag is used.

Maybe Im forgetting some examples or something, but I really cant even think of a single time it happened.

Giving up a 4th rounder for a player like Hill would be a no brainer to me...

milkman
03-18-2012, 04:44 PM
A couple moves I wouldnt be against:

Sign Dan Koppen...he has always been a good center for NE, but missed last year with a broken leg. 32 years old, so good for a 2 year deal if still available after the draft.

Wasn't aware of Hill's status.

I'd sign him yesterday.

bevischief
03-18-2012, 04:49 PM
who shits in woods?...

farmerchief
03-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Let's sign Flynn, let him Cassel and Quinn fight it out for the starting job, cut the odd man out, and the remainder is our backup. With that in mind, draft BAP in first round, and concentrate on a QB of the future in next years draft, unless they will let Stanzi compete this year?

milkman
03-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Let's sign Flynn, let him Cassel and Quinn fight it out for the starting job, cut the odd man out, and the remainder is our backup. With that in mind, draft BAP in first round, and concentrate on a QB of the future in next years draft, unless they will let Stanzi compete this year?

Flynn signed in Seattle.

BigRock
03-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Just something to keep in mind, but of that list, everyone but Wimbley and McNeill would harm the Chiefs' chances of getting a compensatory pick next year. And at the moment, they're probably looking at a pretty good one for Carr.

milkman
03-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Just something to keep in mind, but of that list, everyone but Wimbley and McNeill would harm the Chiefs' chances of getting a compensatory pick next year. And at the moment, they're probably looking at a pretty good one for Carr.

I am not really sure how they come to these compensatory picks, but wouldn't the FA pickups the Chiefs have already made balance out the loss of Carr?

BossChief
03-18-2012, 05:05 PM
I am not really sure how they come to these compensatory picks, but wouldn't the FA pickups the Chiefs have already made balance out the loss of Carr?

The only FAs that count are the ones that their previous contract ran out.

If they are cut, they dont effect comp picks.

Thats what makes these signings so good.

Winston and Routt were cut.

If we sign a high dollar guy that his contract ran out, it would effect our comp pick next year.

The way I read it, if we "lose" guys to big contracts and dont sign guys to big contracts (that the players contract expired, they werent cut) then we get a comp pick according to how well the players we lost played.

If Carr has a good year and we stand pat the way we are right now, we have a good chance of having an extra 3rd rounder next year.

Saul Good
03-18-2012, 05:06 PM

Players who were cut don't count against it.

milkman
03-18-2012, 05:07 PM

If we sign a high dollar guy that his contract ran out, it would effect our comp pick next year.

Players who were cut don't count against it.

Thanks guys, I was actually made aware of that recently, but had completely forgotten.

BossChief
03-18-2012, 05:09 PM
We could also get a 5th or so from Orton.

Saul Good
03-18-2012, 05:12 PM
We could also get a 5th or so from Orton.

It makes me wonder if that's why we didn't bring him back.

BigRock
03-18-2012, 05:22 PM

Boss was cut too.

Unless I'm missing someone, the current ratio is 3 qualifying free agents lost (Carr, Orton, McClain) and 2 qualifying free agents signed (Hillis, Quinn).

It's still in flux because the Chiefs have free agents of their own who could still sign elsewhere. Although other than Gilberry, I'm not sure who would draw much interest. And Quinn may not even count, depending on his contract and whether they end up keeping him.

But at the moment, the 3-2 score would get the Chiefs one compensatory pick. Hillis and Quinn didn't get anywhere near the contract that Carr did, so it would be Carr that would net us the pick. And given his contract, it'd probably be the max 3rd rounder.

As of now they won't get anything for Orton. But if Gilberry signs elsewhere and the Chiefs don't sign any additional QFAs, then they should.

Hoover
03-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Landry

whoman69
03-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Not Brady Quinn.

d'oh

farmerchief
03-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Flynn signed in Seattle.
Bummer, there goes my strategy! :-(