PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs AFC West is for real this year.

Direckshun
03-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Best division in football to watch other than the NFC East.

Denver's got Manning.

San Diego's got Rivers, a dynamic offense, and a borderline Top 10 defense.

And assuming we draft how we're supposed to, Kansas City's going to be stacked everywhere but the QB position. Good receivers, elite run game and Top 5 defense with the right NT.

Raiders will probably be the division punching bag again.

But this is what the Chiefs need: there's no point in going to the playoffs if you only have to pound pussies to get there.

You want to be able to **** some serious assholes in the season, so you're battle-tested and have the ability to make noise in January.

LET'S DO THIS THING.

MMXcalibur
03-19-2012, 11:02 AM
MANNING!!!
PALMER!!!
RIVERS!!!

...Cassel.

Direckshun
03-19-2012, 11:02 AM
MANNING!!!
PALMER!!!
RIVERS!!!

...Cassel.

Palmer?

Heh.

Molitoth
03-19-2012, 11:03 AM
YES! So pumped to watch Cassel waste all of the talent we have surrounded him with!!!!

Bowser
MANNING!!!
PALMER!!!
RIVERS!!!

...Cassel.

One of these things is not like the others....

suds79
I suppose if I'm trying to find a silver lining, having arguably the worse QB in the division will expedite the process of replacing Cassel.

It's either that or waiting for the day his knee gets turned sideways. Feels dirty saying that but this is what Scott has done to me.

Setsuna
Palmer?

Heh.

Seriously. Palmer needs to one font size higher than Cassel.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Chargers are 6-1 vs manning last 7 games

Crennel lead D last 6 games 6-0

Donger
03-19-2012, 11:04 AM
While not quite as enthralling as St. Crispin's Day, that did give me a semi.

Okie_Apparition
03-19-2012, 11:05 AM
ESPN is all knowing
Chiefs suck & Tebow is the bomb

Titty Meat
03-19-2012, 11:05 AM

Wrong. Crennel lost to Manning 2010.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Wrong. Crennel lost to Manning 2010.

My bad but thats a game chiefs should of won.

suds79
03-19-2012, 11:07 AM

I think it's a little bit of a stretch to draw these conclusions. Different teams, different coaches, different rosters.

lewdog
03-19-2012, 11:08 AM
My Raider friend just posted that he isn't too concerned about the Donks signing Manning because "The Raiders are rebuilding this year anyway."

Rebuilding with a 3rd, 5th and 6th round draft picks! ROFL ROFL

I reminded him that the R8ers gave up way too much for Palmer.

Direckshun
03-19-2012, 11:09 AM

Yet this is the division Manning convinced himself he could win.

Anybody watch Justified?

This is like the carpetbagger coming to Appalachia and thinking he can just easily take over the hillbillies.

NOT THAT EASY IS IT SONNY

Rain Man
03-19-2012, 11:11 AM
We keep hearing that the AFC West is weak, but the truth is that the entire division played .500 last year against the rest of the league, and none of the teams were overtly weak. While there may not be a powerhouse in the division, and none of the teams other than San Diego has a long-term quarterback, the division is not weak in my opinion.

Titty Meat
03-19-2012, 11:12 AM

Anybody watch Justified?

This is like the carpetbagger coming to Appalachia and thinking he can just easily take over the hillbillies.

The offense is going to have to improve a lot if they are going to beat Manning.

Direckshun
03-19-2012, 11:14 AM
The offense is going to have to improve a lot if they are going to beat Manning.

We're better now than when we were when we almost beat Manning.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Dre Kirkpatrick draft him

03-19-2012, 11:16 AM
nope. we are still a shit division.

chiefqueen
03-19-2012, 11:55 AM

Anybody watch Justified?

Manning does not need to convince himself of this. Assuming Manning returns to form & stays healthy, IMO Denver locked up the AFCW Title for 2012 this morning when Manning chose Denver. The only question is whether they will do it by Thanksgiving (and if you check your calendars you will notice Thanksgiving falls on the earliest possible date this year). While Manning may not have the offensive weapons he had @ Indy he inherits a much, much better D. Right now I'm thinking Denver should go 14-2 next year with losses @NO and @NE.

listopencil
03-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Manning does not need to convince himself of this. Assuming Manning returns to form & stays healthy, IMO Denver locked up the AFCW Title for 2012 this morning when Manning chose Denver. The only question is whether they will do it by Thanksgiving (and if you check your calendars you will notice Thanksgiving falls on the earliest possible date this year). While Manning may not have the offensive weapons he had @ Indy he inherits a much, much better D. Right now I'm thinking Denver should go 14-2 next year with losses @NO and @NE.

Wow, that's pretty bold. I think it rests more on Jack Del Rio but I've seen Manning get it done with weak D's so I'm hoping.

Molitoth
03-19-2012, 12:37 PM

To be honest, I don't think even Peyton Manning will get the donks 14 wins next year. He is if not THE greatest QB of all time, but even the greats lose games...
Tom Brady lost some games last year and he's had YEARS running that offense.

That said; it's Denver's division to lose. If you can win with Tebow at the helm, then you can dominate with Manning.

listopencil
03-19-2012, 12:45 PM
To be honest, I don't think even Peyton Manning will get the donks 14 wins next year. He is if not THE greatest QB of all time, but even the greats lose games...

That said; it's Denver's division to lose. If you can win with Tebow at the helm, then you can dominate with Manning.

I haven't really looked closely at the schedule and I haven't seen these guys play together. With that being said: With Manning at the QB position of our current roster, anything less than 10 wins would be underperforming and anything over 12 wins would be overperforming.

mr. tegu
03-19-2012, 12:53 PM

When will people stop talking about how good the Denver D is? Its not and is far below average! 24th in points, 20th in yards and thats WITH Denver holding onto the ball much of the game. Woopee. The only truth in that statement is that it is better than the Colts D but that isn't saying much.

Messier
03-19-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm starting to be a little excited about the division. While Denver instantly becomes the favorite, I think this move will make the other teams in the AFC west give the Broncos everything they have. I always root against the Broncos, but now that Elway like hate has returned.

vailpass
03-19-2012, 12:54 PM

Anybody watch Justified?

ROFL Jesus woman, you are cracking me up!

J Diddy
03-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Best division in football to watch other than the NFC East.

Denver's got Manning.

San Diego's got Rivers, a dynamic offense, and a borderline Top 10 defense.

And assuming we draft how we're supposed to, Kansas City's going to be stacked everywhere but the QB position. Good receivers, elite run game and Top 5 defense with the right NT.

Raiders will probably be the division punching bag again.

But this is what the Chiefs need: there's no point in going to the playoffs if you only have to pound pussies to get there.

You want to be able to **** some serious assholes in the season, so you're battle-tested and have the ability to make noise in January.

LET'S DO THIS THING.

If the raiders are the floor it's because they had to start over.

vailpass
03-19-2012, 12:56 PM

John Elway couldn't get the current Denver team 14 wins and he was a better QB than manning ever was or will be. Broncos need to make more moves to be in a position to compete. But they are better today than they were yesterday.

TEX
03-19-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm starting to be a little excited about the division. While Denver instantly becomes the favorite, I think this move will make the other teams in the AFC west give the Broncos everything they have. I always root against the Broncos, but now that Elway like hate has returned.

Well said!

Tombstone RJ
03-19-2012, 01:01 PM
The Broncos were 8-8 with out scoring many points last year. Hopefully Manning is 100% and the Broncos continue with a power running game. If the Broncos can play games with a lead (instead of coming from behind) this will allow the defense to be more aggressive.

The Broncos really do need to bring in more talent on the defense, especially on the interior of the defensive line, and upgrade the MLBer position too. Hopefully Irving will come on strong this coming year and the Broncos keep Bunkley.

This draft should be interesting too. Perhaps the Broncos draft a RB or get one via a trade.

vailpass
03-19-2012, 01:04 PM
The Broncos were 8-8 with out scoring many points last year. Hopefully Manning is 100% and the Broncos continue with a power running game. If the Broncos can play games with a lead (instead of coming from behind) this will allow the defense to be more aggressive.

The Broncos really do need to bring in more talent on the defense, especially on the interior of the defensive line, and upgrade the MLBer position too. Hopefully Irving will come on strong this coming year and the Broncos keep Bunkley.

This draft should be interesting too. Perhaps the Broncos draft a RB or get one via a trade.

Good points except I hope we have learned that you never ever ever never draft a RB in the high rounds. RBs are a dime a dozen and they all get hurt then never come back 100% (hello Adrian Peterson). Better to pick up a couple in the lower rounds or FA and cycle them through the grinder.

DumbHillbillies
03-19-2012, 01:05 PM
MANNING!!!
PALMER!!!
RIVERS!!!

...Cassel.

lol...exactly. R only hope is our defense

mr. tegu
03-19-2012, 01:06 PM

Sorry but last years running game was a charade. No option next year means no good running game. We know what you guys have in your RBs and it isn't much.

Tombstone RJ
03-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Sorry but last years running game was a charade. No option next year means no good running game. We know what you guys have in your RBs and it isn't much.

yep, Tebow inflated the running stats for sure. I just hope Manning realizes that a sound running game is his best friend and that he hands the ball off every once in a while. I agree the Broncos need some help with another RB, McGahee can't stay healthy and Moreno is at best a 3rd down back.

listopencil
03-19-2012, 01:11 PM
yep, Tebow inflated the running stats for sure. I just hope Manning realizes that a sound running game is his best friend and that he hands the ball off every once in a while. I agree the Broncos need some help with another RB, McGahee can't stay healthy and Moreno is at best a 3rd down back.

Don't worry. Manning>Marino. He immediately becomes the best Offensive Coordinator we've had for a while.

TheGuardian
03-19-2012, 01:13 PM
I know that the prognosticators will say the Donks are the faves to win the division but that's dumb. Divisions change every year, and more often than not the team playing the most difficult schedule does not repeat. Manning makes that team better, but the Chiefs are getting back two pro bowlers and a borderline pro bowl tight end to go with a lot of upgrades.

Rain Man
03-19-2012, 01:13 PM

Returned?

Oh Snap
03-19-2012, 01:17 PM

Anybody watch Justified?

I thought he would want in this division. Of course its not like the NFC West is better. Manning truly went quite possibly the "dumbest" route if his goal was to win games and make the playoffs. The 49ers were clearly the best choice. They'll be in contention this upcoming season, the broncos will be lucky to finish 2nd in this division. They have too many holes on offense. Their defense was also badly exposed against the patriots.

Manning is better than Tebow, but it remains to be see how good he is. We're technically talking about a guy who has been out of the game for nearly 2 years now. This would have been my biggest concern had the chiefs been srs contenders in the manning camp. Hes coming off a srs injury where he has lost nerve endings in his neck. He very well could be a couple hits away from hanging 'em up for good.

As for the chiefs, we've addressed some glaring holes. RT has been a hole for this team ever since Tate left for Chicago after the 2003 season. Winston himself makes this line MUCH better. Factor in the return of Charles, Moaki, and Berry, this team is going to be pretty scarey, especially on defense. We still need another pass rusher, I have my hopes high that Houston comes through. I would love for us to get Wimbly though. Also, hopefully we don't miss carr too much either. With him and Flowers, we had the best secondary in the league last year. All in all, the chiefs outlook is positive for this upcoming season. We still have the draft to contend with. Lets do this!

BoneKrusher
03-19-2012, 01:17 PM
MANNING!!!
PALMER!!!
RIVERS!!!

...Cassel.

:clap:

the Talking Can
03-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Manning will draw a lot attention to the AFC West, which is good for everyone...

and when we end his career, that will draw a lot of attention too

Tombstone RJ
03-19-2012, 01:19 PM
I know that the prognosticators will say the Donks are the faves to win the division but that's dumb. Divisions change every year, and more often than not the team playing the most difficult schedule does not repeat. Manning makes that team better, but the Chiefs are getting back two pro bowlers and a borderline pro bowl tight end to go with a lot of upgrades.

If Cassel wants to prove to the world that he is worth $60m then 2012 is the year he can and should do it. kc has made some good FA acquisitions, the defense will have Berry back and the players are all in with Crennel.

This is the year Cassel needs to step it up.

Palmer is a joke, Rivers does NOT have the team he had 5 years ago and Peyton is transitioning to a new team and the offense is being re-designed for him. If the Broncos struggle, it's going to be this year.

listopencil
03-19-2012, 01:22 PM
I thought he would want in this division. Of course its not like the NFC West is better. Manning truly went quite possibly the "dumbest" route if his goal was to win games and make the playoffs. The 49ers were clearly the best choice. They'll be in contention this upcoming season, the broncos will be lucky to finish 2nd in this division. They have too many holes on offense. Their defense was also badly exposed against the patriots.

Manning is better than Tebow, but it remains to be see how good he is. We're technically talking about a guy who has been out of the game for nearly 2 years now. This would have been my biggest concern had the chiefs been srs contenders in the manning camp. Hes coming off a srs injury where he has lost nerve endings in his neck. He very well could be a couple hits away from hanging 'em up for good.

As for the chiefs, we've addressed some glaring holes. RT has been a hole for this team ever since Tate left for Chicago after the 2003 season. Winston himself makes this line MUCH better. Factor in the return of Charles, Moaki, and Berry, this team is going to be pretty scarey, especially on defense. We still need another pass rusher, I have my hopes high that Houston comes through. I would love for us to get Wimbly though. Also, hopefully we don't miss carr too much either. With him and Flowers, we had the best secondary in the league last year. All in all, the chiefs outlook is positive for this upcoming season. We still have the draft to contend with. Lets do this!

So you're saying it's like when we had Elway and you had a great Defense.

aturnis
03-19-2012, 01:23 PM

Incorrect.

Crennel was 6-0 against Manning in NE.

0-2 against Manning in Cleveland.

0-1 against Manning in KC.

Crennel is 6-3 against Manning.

L.A. Chieffan
03-19-2012, 01:23 PM
2 BROKEDICKS A HEADCASE AND A STUD!

Oh Snap
03-19-2012, 01:58 PM

The verdict is still out on manning. But essentially, your assessment could prove correct. However, we have better receivers than we did in the 90's, as well as a better overall running game. (power with Hillis, and speed with Charles).

Mile High Mania
03-19-2012, 02:00 PM

Ha! That's funny...

Oh Snap
03-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Ha! That's funny...

Hey soak it all in. Right now, you guys are at the center of the football universe. The pressure is on!

I still have to question mannings capabilities though. I mean, he is coming off of a 2 year hiatus from a severe neck injury.

Molitoth
03-19-2012, 02:11 PM
If Cassel wants to prove to the world that he is worth $60m then 2012 is the year he can and should do it. kc has made some good FA acquisitions, the defense will have Berry back and the players are all in with Crennel.

This is the year Cassel needs to step it up.

Palmer is a joke, Rivers does NOT have the team he had 5 years ago and Peyton is transitioning to a new team and the offense is being re-designed for him. If the Broncos struggle, it's going to be this year.

and if all of that happens, we get to the playoffs only to watch Cassel dink and dunk for 50 total yards of offense. :cuss:

BoneKrusher
03-19-2012, 02:17 PM
MANNING!!!
PALMER!!!
RIVERS!!!

...Cassel.
cassel sticks out here like a sore thumb.

yeti
03-19-2012, 02:52 PM
What if Cassel actually was playing like shit to get Haley out? Now that he is not hearing Haley's footsteps and scared of the beard of Haley he relaxes in the pocket......meh probably not.

LOCOChief
03-19-2012, 02:54 PM
fuck

ChiefsCountry
03-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Don't be doubting Brady Quinn.

TheGuardian
03-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Ha! That's funny...

You mean funny as in funny when the donks linemen showed up in vasoline, or funny as in when they cheated the cap to win super bowls?

vailpass
03-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Don't be doubting Brady Quinn.

I have no doubts about Brady Quinn whatsoever.

listopencil
03-19-2012, 02:57 PM
You mean funny as in funny when the donks linemen showed up in vasoline, or funny as in when they cheated the cap to win super bowls?

As in funny when we won a couple of Super Bowls and rival fans got a raging case of butt hurt.

vailpass
03-19-2012, 02:58 PM
As in funny when we won a couple of Super Bowls and rival fans got a raging case of butt hurt.

LMAO Picking on steroid boy is a little too easy sometimes isn't it?

TheGuardian
03-19-2012, 02:59 PM

You mean when the whole league got a case of it and stripped you of some draft picks because your whole organization is full of cheating window lickers.

listopencil
03-19-2012, 03:04 PM
You mean when the whole league got a case of it and stripped you of some draft picks because your whole organization is full of cheating window lickers.

You mean when the Broncos made a couple of accounting errors and had to give up a measly third round pick after winning a couple of Super Bowls that sent our division rivals into decades of butt hurt.

Garcia Bronco
03-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Whatever...it's still 3 bum teams and the Broncos. :D

Garcia Bronco
03-19-2012, 03:06 PM

We never cheated. We never broke a written rule. Get over it.

TheGuardian
03-19-2012, 03:06 PM
You mean when the Broncos made a couple of accounting errors and had to give up a measly third round pick after winning a couple of Super Bowls that sent our division rivals into decades of butt hurt.

"accounting errors" JFC after all these years you faggots still can't even own it.

Bitch made punks.

listopencil
03-19-2012, 03:07 PM
We never cheated. We never broke a written rule. Get over it.

It's cool. Somebody has to win this every year:

Garcia Bronco
03-19-2012, 03:08 PM
"accounting errors" JFC after all these years you pillowbiters still can't even own it.

Bitch made punks.

Own what? The Broncos defered payments to use cash flow to pay for things for the new Mile High Stadium. The NFL office said so in it's press release. We broke no written rule.

listopencil
03-19-2012, 03:08 PM
"accounting errors" JFC after all these years you pillowbitergots still can't even own it.

Bitch made punks.

ROFL That's what it was. Your bitter tears won't change history.

Garcia Bronco
03-19-2012, 03:09 PM
ROFL That's what it was. Your bitter tears won't change history.

The tears of unfathomable sadness, yummy<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Tombstone RJ
03-19-2012, 03:11 PM
"accounting errors" JFC after all these years you pillowbitergots still can't even own it.

Bitch made punks.

this term reminds of the way Shannon Sharpe got into Derrick Thomas's head in that ass kicking the Broncos gave kc in that MNF game where Bubby Bristor was the QB for the Broncos... good times...

listopencil
03-19-2012, 03:11 PM
http://images.wikia.com/southpark/images/e/e9/ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

Tombstone RJ
03-19-2012, 03:18 PM
speaking of bitch made punks:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Mr-ELKhmWj8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rico
03-19-2012, 03:21 PM
2 BROKEDICKS A HEADCASE AND A STUD!

:) Three men and a little lady.

Big Chief Homer
03-19-2012, 03:34 PM

Anybody watch Justified?

Tamba to Manning

"Next ones comin' faster"

listopencil
03-19-2012, 03:36 PM
Tamba to Manning

"Next ones comin' faster"

Clady/Franklin to Tamba: "Sit back down big fella"

Big Chief Homer
03-19-2012, 03:37 PM
I haven't really looked closely at the schedule and I haven't seen these guys play together. With that being said: With Manning at the QB position of our current roster, anything less than 10 wins would be underperforming and anything over 12 wins would be overperforming.

according to NFL listed s 2nd hardest schedule. (#1 Giants)

vailpass
03-19-2012, 03:38 PM

Yeah Bronco's schedule this year is a beast. Is KC's any easier? I haven't looked.

listopencil
03-19-2012, 03:38 PM

Well...I guess we'd better get our shit together, shouldn't we?

mr. tegu
03-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Yeah Bronco's schedule this year is a beast. Is KC's any easier? I haven't looked.

Exact same outside of two games. We get Indy and Bills or Dolphins (can't remember) 2-0. Denver gets Houston and New England 0-2.

vailpass
03-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Exact same outside of two games. We get Indy and Bills or Dolphins (can't remember) 2-0. Denver gets Houston and New England 0-2.

Thanks. Looks like it's the West's turn to run the gauntlet this year.

Big Chief Homer
03-19-2012, 03:43 PM

Yep, ya better

mr. tegu
03-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Thanks. Looks like it's the West's turn to run the gauntlet this year.

Yeah the NFC south will be tough but it really depends where the games are. New Orleans is a notoriously poor road team, as is Atlanta. If a team gets one or both at home you are in decent shape. Tampa and Carolina are decent but beatable.

AFC north is just tough no matter what and no matter where the games are played.

Big Chief Homer
03-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Clady/Franklin to Tamba: "Sit back down big fella"

as they grab him around the neck and yank his Jersey,they can whisper it in his ear.

listopencil
03-19-2012, 03:49 PM
as they grab him around the neck and yank his Jersey,they can whisper it in his ear.

Why not? The league doesn't enforce holding anymore.

Big Chief Homer
03-19-2012, 03:50 PM

LOL true...very true

TheGuardian
03-19-2012, 03:50 PM

Tamba makes Clady his bitch constantly. WTF are you talking about?

Big Chief Homer
03-19-2012, 03:53 PM

and after signing Routt,lets hope they forget to call PI also.

listopencil
03-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Tamba makes Clady his bitch constantly. WTF are you talking about?

Ease back on the steroids a bit rage guy.

vailpass
03-19-2012, 03:55 PM
and after signing Routt,lets hope they forget to call PI also.

It helps a lot that he isn't wearing silver and black now.

Big Chief Homer
03-19-2012, 03:58 PM
It helps a lot that he isn't wearing silver and black now.

Ah the Raider effect! Gotcha

vailpass
03-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Ah the Raider effect! Gotcha

Good for 3 flags a game.

PRIEST
03-19-2012, 04:10 PM

This Suck it forehead

Pasta Little Brioni
03-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Ease back on the steroids a bit rage guy.

He's right. He absolutely owns Clady, like Bowe does Chump at Pile High.

Garcia Bronco
03-19-2012, 04:34 PM

Good idea Listo. Lets get a HOF QB.

Garcia Bronco
03-19-2012, 04:35 PM
He's right. He absolutely owns Clady, like Bowe does Chump at Pile High.

That's false.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-19-2012, 04:41 PM
That's false.

How do you figure?

Garcia Bronco
03-19-2012, 05:11 PM

Well its based on win-loss record from last season and you guys have basically the same schedule. I don't want to get my Ric Flair on but; If we want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

Garcia Bronco
03-19-2012, 05:13 PM
How do you figure?

Neither team owns the other one. We split every year. As far as Champ and Clady; they're very good at what they do. TH is too. It's a battle everytime. So I am not buying what you are selling.

Gravedigger
03-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Lets stop crying in our pillows about Manning like Fescoe and Keitzmann and lets get this shit done. Denver will automatically win the division this year because of Manning? Fine, lets get our 10 wins and get in as a wild card. Lets stop this boohoo bullshit and get behind the team that has really been much improved. I personally can't wait for the draft to see what kind of talent we get for depth and starters, but lets get this thing going!

Ugly Duck
03-19-2012, 05:37 PM
AFC West is for real this year

I dunno.... Raiders suddenly have to learn how to be run like a real NFL team. Lost key players, may lose more, new organization, new coach, new coordinators, etc. A big question mark that nobody would bet on.

Chargers still have the Norm curse upon them, only the "window" is one year more stale.

Chiefs get key players back this year, but Casell & Brady are the QBs. If KC had any of the other AFCW starting QBs on the roster, they would roll through the division with ease.

This is now Denver's division to lose now that they have an actual QB on the field. I ain't so sure the division is for real this year.

tmax63
03-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Before the donks got the broke-neck today I would of said KC wins the division by 2 games, now I say it'll be a dogfight. Oakland is back to being Oakland and SD is another year older and lost a few more players. I know it's totally unpopular opinion but I think that given a fair shot, even if it's after Cassell sh!ts the bed wide awake, Quinn could end up being a passable QB. Not all-pro but he's had time to learn and study film and practice. He has the skillset, just never given/earned a fair shot. Hell he doesn't have a full season's worth of starts under his belt in his career.