PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kamerion Wimbley To Chiefs? Pass Rusher Predicted As Kansas City's Next Free Agent

Dave Lane
03-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Oh Peyton....

Now with video and repost police fuck off I looked on pages 1 and 2 and don't care if its buried somewhere. Watch the video and make it happen Pioli!

The Kansas City Chiefs have already been listed as one of the early winners of the NFL free agency period with the addition of five players to the team. Now they might be adding a sixth and it could be one of the most important of all.

The Chiefs have already bolstered the right side of the line with Eric Winston to address the biggest need. Kamerion Wimbley might help with the team’s other great need for a pass rush. Tamba Hali holds the fort down at one outside linebacker position and Justin Houston came on strong at the end, but overall the Chiefs were near the bottom of the NFL rankings in team sacks and they have to get better this offseason.

Adding Wimbley would help and Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk predicts that he could land with the Chiefs as their newest free agent. The team has already signed WInston, Stanford Routt, Kevin Boss, Peyton Hillis and Brady Quinn. Wimbley would be another feather in Scott Pioli’s cap this offseason.

Wimbley has 42.5 sacks in his six NFL seasons, averaging just over 7 sacks each year. He had 7 sacks last year for the Oakland Raiders, but he played his first few years for Romeo Crennel in Cleveland. The roots are here with the team’s coaching staff and the need is here as well. Whether it’s a financial or schematic fit is another thing, but Florio thinks it will work.

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2012/3/19/2884193/kamerion-wimbley-to-chiefs-mike-florio-free-agency

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zWBnuWYfYW8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Imon Yourside
03-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Get it done Pioli!!!!

Bowser
Like good corners, a team cannot have too many pass rushers.

The question is, what do you do with Justin Houston? Move him inside next to DJ? Sit him except for passing downs? GO with three of your four linebackers being pass rushers?

The Franchise
Wimbley has a visit scheduled with the Titans today.

I don't see them letting him leave.

Dave Lane
Starring Matt Cassel, Philip Rivers, Barry Richardson, Mark Sanchez and the usual suspects...

King_Chief_Fan
let's get him!

Mr_Tomahawk
03-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Get him Pioli!

evolve27
He would be a solid pick up

mcaj22
Clark and the Piolo have to start spending now to convince the fanbase they are going to compete in the division.

Wimbley and any secondary help is a good start

The Franchise
03-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Seriously though......Hali, Wimbley and Houston would be fucking epic.

RealSNR
So we got the Raidersification of the Chiefs.

And the Brownsification of the Chiefs.

Poop humor experts do your thing!

Rain Man
Yep, bring him in. Pass rushers will soon be flocking to the AFC West like hyenas to a downed wildebeest.

KCrockaholic
Do it Pioli! Get this defense fuckin stacked and killed that smashed faced fucker in Denver.

Dave Lane
03-19-2012, 11:59 AM
And there's a tree connection, he played for RC .

Micjones
Is this just speculation because Crennel formerly coached Wimbley or does is he actually being rumored to visit Kansas City?
I know he's due in Tennessee today.

I'd love to have him, but something tells me he's gonna get a big contract.
Can we really afford him?

I'd prefer we went out and addressed the NT position.

Bowser
Seriously though......Hali, Wimbley and Houston would be fucking epic.

I'd love it on second and third and longs, but we could potentially get murdered by dumpoffs and screens with those guys, too.

O.city
Sign him up.

It's not like Houston and Hali are gonna be on the field every span anyway. Depth, especially solid depth is never a bad thing.

With Wimbley you could run out some pretty nasty packages.

Titty Meat

The question is, what do you do with Justin Houston? Move him inside next to DJ? Sit him except for passing downs? GO with three of your four linebackers being pass rushers?

Yeah play Houston on obvious passing downs and use Tamba as a roamer.

suds79
03-19-2012, 12:01 PM
I'd be pretty pumped if they landed this guy.

You talk about having all the tools in place for a really good team.

Dave Lane
03-19-2012, 12:02 PM

You talk about having all the tools in place for a really good team.

I might have to kiss Pioli's ring if he pulls this off.

TEX
03-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Is this just speculation because Crennel formerly coached Wimbley or does is he actually being rumored to visit Kansas City?
I know he's due in Tennessee today.

I'd love to have him, but something tells me he's gonna get a big contract.
Can we really afford him?

I'd prefer we went out and addressed the NT position.

Yes we can afford him.

The Franchise
03-19-2012, 12:08 PM
We've got about $15 million of salary cap room left. Take away $5 million for the rookies and we're sitting at $10 to make more moves.

I really wish they'd work out a contract with Bowe. That would free up some more room.

TEX
03-19-2012, 12:09 PM
He would be a solid pick up

Yes. But he's not all that...

Micjones
03-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Yes we can afford him.

We're working with around $10m. We still haven't address the Nose Tackle position and I'm certain that Pioli will want to keep $3-4 million available for June cuts and in-season transactions.

Rain Man
03-19-2012, 12:11 PM

You talk about having all the tools but the most important one in place for a really good team.

Slight edit for accuracy. But I'd still like to sign Wimbley, now more than ever.

Titty Meat
03-19-2012, 12:13 PM
15 million is plenty of money.

Sofa King
03-19-2012, 12:14 PM
We've got about $15 million of salary cap room left. Take away $5 million for the rookies and we're sitting at $10 to make more moves.

I really wish they'd work out a contract with Bowe. That would free up some more room.

I keep seeing that the 5 mil for rookies is already off of that number. Leaving us with our 15 million.

O.city
We have 15 million, without even restructuring any deals.

If we really want this guy, we can get him.

The Franchise
I keep seeing that the 5 mil for rookies is already off of that number. Leaving us with our 15 million.

Well fuck then.....go get Wimbley.

Brock
03-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Glad to hear of this. it should be obvious that teams can't have too many pass rushers.

Micjones
03-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Well **** then.....go get Wimbley.

If that's true...I agree.

Dave Lane
03-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Slight edit for accuracy. But I'd still like to sign Wimbley, now more than ever.

Yep its an arms races in the AFC West all of a sudden.

The Bad Guy
03-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Rookie's aren't going to cost 5 million on the cap, more around 3.5.

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 12:18 PM
time to start recruiting Wimbley on twitter people

https://twitter.com/#!/mr_wimbley96

O.city
03-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Looks like the Chiefs FO is trying to get it's rep back up. Apparently went all out on Winston.

Get Wimbley in here and do the same.

The Franchise
03-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Take it FWIW....this is Babb's response.

Kent Babb ‏ @kentbabb

pestilenceaf23
@kentbabb Any word of Wimbley being scheduled to visit the Chiefs?

@pestilenceaf23 I haven't heard that, but it's possible. That said, I wouldn't count on it. Chiefs are pretty set at OLB.

ModSocks
03-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Looks like the Chiefs FO is trying to get it's rep back up. Apparently went all out on Winston.

Get Wimbley in here and do the same.

All out? What does all out entail? Link?

ModSocks
03-19-2012, 12:21 PM

Kent Babb ‏ @kentbabb

pestilenceaf23

@pestilenceaf23 I haven't heard that, but it's possible. That said, I wouldn't count on it. Chiefs are pretty set at OLB.

Wouldn't Wimbley have to play ILB here anyway?

O.city
All out? What does all out entail? Link?

He's on 810 talking about it right now. Check out the winston thread, I think there is some stuff on there.

The Franchise
Wouldn't Wimbley have to play ILB here anyway?

Hell no.

Micjones

Kent Babb ‏ @kentbabb

pestilenceaf23

So basically it's just speculation that the Chiefs would be interested because he was drafted by Crennel.

mlyonsd
03-19-2012, 12:22 PM
I seriously doubt we get him.

Dave Lane
03-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Ask the Giants if having too many pass rushers is a problem.

The Franchise
03-19-2012, 12:23 PM
He'll probably end up signing with the Titans. They missed out on Mario and they need DEs.

ModSocks
03-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Hell no.

Then I can't see the Chiefs going after him.

His contract would be too big for a player who'll be splitting time with Hali and Houston....Nor would he want to come here if he's not a full time starter.

Simplicity
03-19-2012, 12:29 PM
What is Michael Huff doing? Did they release him yet or he still a Raiduh?
and this monster would look good in Red and Gold:
http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/kamerion-wimbley-96-2010-nfl-oakland-raiders-1wTvQB.jpg

BoneKrusher
03-19-2012, 12:34 PM
So basically it's just speculation that the Chiefs would be interested because he was drafted by Crennel.

take it for what it's worth:
i saw it on KFFL friday that Wimbley was scheduled to visit KC this week.

Lightrise
03-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Oh Peyton....

Now with video and repost police **** off I looked on pages 1 and 2 and don't care if its buried somewhere. Watch the video and make it happen Pioli!

The Kansas City Chiefs have already been listed as one of the early winners of the NFL free agency period with the addition of five players to the team. Now they might be adding a sixth and it could be one of the most important of all.

The Chiefs have already bolstered the right side of the line with Eric Winston to address the biggest need. Kamerion Wimbley might help with the team’s other great need for a pass rush. Tamba Hali holds the fort down at one outside linebacker position and Justin Houston came on strong at the end, but overall the Chiefs were near the bottom of the NFL rankings in team sacks and they have to get better this offseason.

Adding Wimbley would help and Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk predicts that he could land with the Chiefs as their newest free agent. The team has already signed WInston, Stanford Routt, Kevin Boss, Peyton Hillis and Brady Quinn. Wimbley would be another feather in Scott Pioli’s cap this offseason.

Wimbley has 42.5 sacks in his six NFL seasons, averaging just over 7 sacks each year. He had 7 sacks last year for the Oakland Raiders, but he played his first few years for Romeo Crennel in Cleveland. The roots are here with the team’s coaching staff and the need is here as well. Whether it’s a financial or schematic fit is another thing, but Florio thinks it will work.

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2012/3/19/2884193/kamerion-wimbley-to-chiefs-mike-florio-free-agency

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zWBnuWYfYW8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gosh, our OL looked horrible in that clip

Simplicity
03-19-2012, 12:37 PM

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/b27/815/b30/resized/siyesly-meme-generator-what-seriously-0641a1.jpg

Jerm
03-19-2012, 12:38 PM
What about London Fletcher?

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Adam Caplan‏@caplannflReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

Kamerion Wimbley had a good visit with the Titans today. Is set to leave today without signing a (cont) http://tl.gd/ggsjgf

Dave Lane
03-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Come on down. I could see sitting Dorsey and have Hali, Houston and Wimbley all in on a passing down.

BoneKrusher
03-19-2012, 12:43 PM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/b27/815/b30/resized/siyesly-meme-generator-what-seriously-0641a1.jpg

yeah.
i read somewhere on Friday that Wimbley was scheduled to visit KC early this week.

Micjones
03-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

Kamerion Wimbley had a good visit with the Titans today. Is set to leave today without signing a (cont) http://tl.gd/ggsjgf

He needs to be on the next plane to KCI.

Simplicity
03-19-2012, 12:45 PM
He needs to be on the next plane to KCI.

BUY HIM OK JOE'S BBQ, PRONTO!

Micjones
03-19-2012, 12:45 PM

Nice.

Micjones
03-19-2012, 12:46 PM
BUY HIM OK JOE'S BBQ, PRONTO!

Agreed. Hell, now I want that my damn self.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-19-2012, 01:14 PM
I might have to kiss Pioli's ring if he pulls this off.

The only ring he'll be wearing is a cock ring, but whatever you want to do is OK with me.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Chiefs Pantalones
03-19-2012, 01:17 PM
The more pass rushers, the better.

Bump
03-19-2012, 01:19 PM
our only chance this year is if our defense goes 2000 Ravens on everybody. I'm all for Wimbley

scho63
03-19-2012, 01:23 PM

I think all our LB's are good tacklers against the run unlike Derrick Thomas and Wembley is pretty good as well I believe

BigChiefFan
03-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Wimbley could help bring another dimension to our defense. Berry is an excellent blitzer, as well, in addition to the other players mentioned previously. Offenses would have to account for alot of players on blitzing plays.

I'd trade Wimbley for Gilberry in a heartbeat.

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Unless Crennel can explain to Wimbley about how he plans to use everyone so that Wimbley will still get his snaps, i doubt he'll come here.

Do you tell Wimbley that he will start in Houston's spot and then use Houston in the special packages?

Do you create a new package where Wimbley,Hali and Houston are all included?

Tell Wimbley that he will rotate with Hali AND Houston so that he is on the field a lot?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora Close
Titans turn attention to pass rushing LB Kamerion Wimbley, post-Manning. Lot of $$ and cap room. Lot of teams want Wimbley #freeagency

O.city
03-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Hopefully Wimbley really wants to play for Romeo.

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Titans turn attention to pass rushing LB Kamerion Wimbley, post-Manning. Lot of $$ and cap room. Lot of teams want Wimbley #freeagency

Retweet Favorite· Open

TheGuardian
03-19-2012, 01:36 PM
our only chance this year is if our defense goes 2000 Ravens on everybody. I'm all for Wimbley

JFC......

you're right, only the 2000 Ravens ever stopped Manning.

It's like fucking bizarro world in here today.

O.city
03-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Again, it's not like we are gonna be in base formations alot. We are gonna be in sub stuff probably more often anyway. There is room for him here.

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Again, it's not like we are gonna be in base formations alot. We are gonna be in sub stuff probably more often anyway. There is room for him here.
That's all well and good but you still have to convince a FA player to come here.

Part of that is $$ and part of that is how you are going to use him.

O.city
03-19-2012, 01:44 PM
That's all well and good but you still have to convince a FA player to come here.

Part of that is $$ and part of that is how you are going to use him.

Yeah for sure.

I was just saying there is ways to get him on the field here.

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Yeah for sure.

I was just saying there is ways to get him on the field here.
The easiest way is to just tell him he is going to start instead of Houston.

Then you have to go about reassuring Houston that he will still get plenty of snaps in all these special packages.

J Diddy
03-19-2012, 01:47 PM
JFC......

It's like ****ing bizarro world in here today.

Everybody drank the Manning Koolaid. In convincing themselves that he's the only answer in the superbowl question, they've made him out to be some sort of demigod. I can't wait until hali goes hali on his ass.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-19-2012, 01:59 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/Mr_Wimbley96

Worked for winston LOL

durtyrute
03-19-2012, 02:02 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PX7fseE4voc/THKgo90ZE9I/AAAAAAAAAEo/otHsqf3Qhc4/s1600/make+it+so_2.jpg

Sassy Squatch
03-19-2012, 02:14 PM
GET THIS MAN SOME JACKS STACKS!!!!!1!

Molitoth
03-19-2012, 02:17 PM
I can't wait until hali goes hali on his ass.

You mean you can't wait until Hali gets held all game without getting any calls?

El Jefe
03-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Everybody drank the Manning Koolaid. In convincing themselves that he's the only answer in the superbowl question, they've made him out to be some sort of demigod. I can't wait until hali goes hali on his ass.

I agree 100%, people acted like wherever Manning went they were automatic Superbowl bids. May I remind people that he has yet to show that his neck can take any hits, how long he will last when he starts taking hits is yet to be seen. The whole league knows of his neck issue, and he is going to be targeted, guarantee that.

ForeverChiefs58
03-19-2012, 03:24 PM
When the season ended, I thought it would be very difficult to watch this team with Cassel at QB again.

The thought of our defense being so dominate once again though has really got me excited to watch Chiefs football again.

In a wierd way I am also excited the Doncos got Manning. It pisses me off he wouldn't even give us the respect of a visit, so I can't wait to see our defense crush him and ruin his legacy.

Frankly, I look forward to the day when winning our division means being able to hang with any team in the league.

ChiefsCountry
03-19-2012, 03:25 PM
JFC......

It's like ****ing bizarro world in here today.

KCChiefsMan is a total fucking idiot.

KCDC
03-19-2012, 03:36 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/Mr_Wimbley96

Worked for winston LOL

Yeah, let's start a Chiefs' Faithful Twitter offensive and convince this guy to come to KC, sign with us, and crush Denver.

TEX
03-19-2012, 03:48 PM

All I'm saying is I'd rather have him in KC than anyone we have.

TEX
03-19-2012, 03:50 PM
When the season ended, I thought it would be very difficult to watch this team with Cassel at QB again.

The thought of our defense being so dominate once again though has really got me excited to watch Chiefs football again.

In a wierd way I am also excited the Doncos got Manning. It pisses me off he wouldn't even give us the respect of a visit, so I can't wait to see our defense crush him and ruin his legacy.

Frankly, I look forward to the day when winning our division means being able to hang with any team in the league.

That will change the first time Manning goes Elway on us and every time afterwards. Our defense lost a very good CB. But, I do understand that beating Denver with BLOCK HEAD will mean much more than it did when they had Jesus...

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Chiefs hope to meet with former Raiders DE Wimbley

16 minutes ago - by Bob Gretz

The Chiefs are still hoping to get a meeting in the next day or so with DE Kamerion Wimbley, who was released late last week by the Raiders. Wimbley broke into the NFL with the Browns when Romeo Crennel was the head coach in Cleveland. Depth at defensive end and pass rushing are two items that are still on the Chiefs off-season wish list.

Micjones
03-19-2012, 04:21 PM

The Chiefs are still hoping to get a meeting in the next day or so with DE Kamerion Wimbley, who was released late last week by the Raiders. Wimbley broke into the NFL with the Browns when Romeo Crennel was the head coach in Cleveland. Depth at defensive end and pass rushing are two items that are still on the Chiefs off-season wish list.

Excellent. Adding Wimbley would make this one of the two or three best FA classes in all of the NFL this off-season.

Dave Lane
03-19-2012, 04:38 PM

I want a 4 way meeting.

Mr. Manning may I introduce Mr. Hali, Mr. Houston and Mr. Wimbley with a side of Berries.

Sassy Squatch
03-19-2012, 04:59 PM

http://www.deviantart.com/download/203101872/aww_yeah_by_professorotter-d3cx6eo.jpg

ChiefMojo
03-19-2012, 05:00 PM
I think Wimbley is a very important piece of the puzzle to making our defense elite. A added pass rusher and more depth at that OLB position, more depth at FS and possibly a top flight NT. Sure we could draft someone like Kuechly to upgrade the ILB talent as well.

With Wimbley available and someone like Aubrayo Franklin (if not asking for to much), those would be wise pick-ups in FA instead of drafting. We would get a elite pass rusher and a good NT. Houston would provide very good depth behind Wimbley.

Simplicity
03-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Piloli has performed well this offseason... And haters didn't think he could do it... Haters be hatin'.

TEX
03-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Piloli has performed well this offseason... And hatred didn't think he could do it... Hatred be hatin'.

He better not be done just yet. He needs to get KC a PASS RUSH because Manning will KILL us without one. This needs to be the PRIORITY now.

TheGuardian
03-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Adding WImbley would be unreal.

BoneKrusher
03-19-2012, 05:39 PM

yeah.
he and Tamba could keep Manning on his bottom side.

TheGuardian
03-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Wimbley, Tamba, and Houson would give us one of the best pass rushes in the entire NFL.

Add Berry back and this is a top 3-5 defense.

Micjones
03-19-2012, 05:45 PM
He better not be done just yet. He needs to get KC a PASS RUSH because Manning will KILL us without one. This needs to be the PRIORITY now.

In the last three games he's played against the Chiefs he's thrown 1 TD and 5 INT's.
And that was a completely healthy Manning. In fact, he hasn't had a big game against us since 2004.

I think we'll be okay.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-19-2012, 05:48 PM
In the last two games he's played against the Chiefs he's thrown 0 TD's and 2 picks. And that was a completely healthy Manning.

I think we'll be okay.

Yes , this! Manning doesn't scare me . denver is setting themselves up to be even more suckish . They are blowing their money on a one man team.

SDKCCHIEFS
03-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Would definitely be siiick if we got 'em . If not, what about stude? I realize he didn't get much playing time last year but that doesn't mean that he is dog sh*t does it? haha

J Diddy
03-19-2012, 05:56 PM
I want a 4 way meeting.

Mr. Manning may I introduce Mr. Hali, Mr. Houston and Mr. Wimbley with a side of Berries.

Eric be dangling his berries over Peyton's mouth.

Micjones
03-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Would definitely be siiick if we got 'em . If not, what about stude? I realize he didn't get much playing time last year but that doesn't mean that he is dog sh*t does it? haha

I don't think Studebaker really has the closing speed to be as effective as Wimbley would be as a pass-rusher.

SDKCCHIEFS
03-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Yeh. I understand that, just sayin that he has shown he can be some-what effective so hopefully if we are stuck with him , he can contribute to a dozen snaps or so.

Ugly Duck
03-19-2012, 06:17 PM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/michael_scott/The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

TheGuardian
03-19-2012, 06:18 PM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/michael_scott/The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

You know he grew up a Chiefs fan!

Chief_For_Life58
03-19-2012, 06:27 PM
if we have the opportunity to sign wimbley for a reasonable price and he wants to come here. thatd be fucking awesome. our 3-5 defense would be awesome but who covers athletic te's then?

TheGuardian
03-19-2012, 06:29 PM
if we have the opportunity to sign wimbley for a reasonable price and he wants to come here. thatd be ****ing awesome. our 3-5 defense would be awesome but who covers athletic te's then?

Berry.

Chiefs=Champions
03-19-2012, 07:24 PM
This is the 3-4 You can only really play 2 OLBs on passing downs. You want to get an extra pass rusher? Then go ahead and get a guy who can play with his hand on the ground.

Chiefs=Champions
03-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Bottom line is i dont really want a player to take snaps away from Houston. Can Wimbley play inside? Thats the only way i can see Wimbley, Houston and Tamba being utilized on a particular down..

MIAdragon
03-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Berry.

good god Berry was awful in coverage.

TheGuardian
03-19-2012, 07:26 PM
This is the 3-4 You can only really play 2 OLBs on passing downs. You want to get an extra pass rusher? Then go ahead and get a guy who can play with his hand on the ground.

You can never have enough pass rushers. For one, when we go into nickel and dime we need guys who can rush with their hand on the ground. In a 30 front Wimbley can still play "end" with Houston on the outside and that will give tackles shit fits. Now you're leaving a god damn back in the back field to pick up either Tamba OR whoever gets free on Houston/Wimbley's side.

Hammock Parties
03-19-2012, 07:28 PM
You can never have enough pass rushers.

Period. End of discussion.

The Giants proved this. Twice.

Titty Meat
03-19-2012, 07:28 PM

Damn dude did you pay attention to the games last year? We use a 4-3 subpackage where Wimbley could line up as a d-end.

mcaj22
03-19-2012, 07:29 PM

Wimbley WOULD play with his hand in the ground.

he's played on 34 teams and on 43 teams. He can play standing OLBer or DE. Take your pick

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 07:29 PM
if we have the opportunity to sign wimbley for a reasonable price and he wants to come here. thatd be fucking awesome. our 3-5 defense would be awesome but who covers athletic te's then?
pretty big problem imo

DJ is the only guy decent in coverage out of the linebackers and both of our safeties are weak in coverage.

now Berry was improving so i think he might be able to do it.

I haven't seen Lewis do anything except for playing centerfield. Coverage and run support is pretty stank.

xztop12
03-19-2012, 07:30 PM
2-4-5

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Damn dude did you pay attention to the games last year? We use a 4-3 subpackage where Wimbley could line up as a d-end.
If you are Wimbley do you sign with a team where you are a part time specialist?

I doubt it.

Chiefs=Champions
03-19-2012, 07:34 PM

yer. my point was we need guys who can do that. CAN Wimbley play with his hand in the dirt? If he can, then go for it..

Chiefs=Champions
03-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Period. End of discussion.

The Giants proved this. Twice.

Easier to do in a 4-3. IF Wimbley can effectively rush from the end position in the sub package, then by all means sign him, if he cant then its a stupid signing.

Chiefs=Champions
03-19-2012, 07:36 PM
If you are Wimbley do you sign with a team where you are a part time specialist?

I doubt it.

Fucking A. If this moves Houston to the bench its fucking stupid.

Chiefshrink
03-19-2012, 07:37 PM

We really have no choice now. So Wimbley is a must IMHO:shrug:

And does the PM signing with Denver change the Chiefs draft strategy that makes the D even more a priority in the first rd. Stretching for that NT or LB?

TEX
03-19-2012, 07:38 PM
We really have no choice now. So Wimbley is a must IMHO:shrug:

And does the PM signing with Denver change the Chiefs draft strategy that makes the D even more a priority in the first rd. Stretching for that NT or LB?

Can we get Carr back???

Hammock Parties
03-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Easier to do in a 4-3. IF Wimbley can effectively rush from the end position in the sub package, then by all means sign him, if he cant then its a stupid signing.

There is no reason you can't have Wimbley, Houston and Hali on the field at once. Remember Hali excels in the Falcon role.

Bane
03-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Dude is a fucking ANIMAL! Sign him motherfucker!!!

Chiefs=Champions
03-19-2012, 07:43 PM
There is no reason you can't have Wimbley, Houston and Hali on the field at once. Remember Hali excels in the Falcon role.

Sign me up then.

tecumseh
03-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Wimbley's a solid sign. Given the chance, spend the money , rock the world!

Dave Lane
03-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Sign me up then.

You saw the raiders fan response no?

Chiefs=Champions
03-19-2012, 07:51 PM
You saw the raiders fan response no?

Tbh im not to well versed with Wimbley, People have filled me in and now im on board. My main worry was fitting him into OUR scheme so that Houston wouldnt be on the bench. It does help to see raider fans squirm at the possibility of him coming here though :D

Dave Lane
03-19-2012, 07:51 PM

How does Wimbley grade out at PFF?

Titty Meat
03-19-2012, 07:53 PM
How does Wimbley grade out at PFF?

Very good. 24.4 He'd be the highest graded player we've signed.

DJ's left nut
03-19-2012, 07:53 PM
So correct me if I'm wrong:

In theory - any down where Gilberry was on the field last year, we would probably have Wimbley instead?

Some folks that know more about line play than me seem to believe that Wimbley can play with his hand on the ground, so I'll defer to them - but he looks a little undersized for the role to me. Ultimately I see him as a guy that would be a nice add, but perhaps a bit of a luxury to a team that still has a hole at NT and more pressing depth issues at safety (oh yeah, and Cassel at QB, but moving on...)

If this in any way hinders Houston's development, I don't want it. Houston could be a star in this league, IMO. If we bring in Wimbley, I hope we use him in a manner that doesn't interfere with Houston's growth.

Dave Lane
03-19-2012, 07:56 PM
DJ ask the Giants about having too many pass rushers.

Titty Meat
03-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Wimbley played D-end at Florida State and also interviewed with the Titans who run a 4-3. He's a classic hybrid.

ForeverChiefs58
03-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Very good. 24.4 He'd be the highest graded player we've signed.

Where do the other guys we just signed rank?

mcaj22
03-19-2012, 07:58 PM
a lot of homers on this forum for Justin Houston to be this god send savior. I've never seen a place call a guy a god based on a 3 game improvement sample

yeah he has potential but holy shit he's not that good. If you can get a guy like Wimbley to upgrade and compete, you do it.

DJ's left nut
03-19-2012, 07:59 PM

There's a good solution.

Hali has the strength to be a very effective DE with his hand on the ground (obviously).

And really, given another year on an NFL strength program, Houston might be decent in that role as well. Having them rotate roles, so to speak, would create nightmare scenarios in passing situations.

He'd still be more of a sub-package guy, but Romeo could definitely do some neat !@#$ with Wimbley.

Dave Lane
03-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Drop Dorsey out on passing downs and send Houston, Hali and Wimbley all at once. No more Manning. Throw a Berry blitz in with this once in a while and the QB will have 2 seconds to get rid of the ball.

Chiefs=Champions
03-19-2012, 08:01 PM
So correct me if I'm wrong:

In theory - any down where Gilberry was on the field last year, we would probably have Wimbley instead?

Some folks that know more about line play than me seem to believe that Wimbley can play with his hand on the ground, so I'll defer to them - but he looks a little undersized for the role to me. Ultimately I see him as a guy that would be a nice add, but perhaps a bit of a luxury to a team that still has a hole at NT and more pressing depth issues at safety (oh yeah, and Cassel at QB, but moving on...)

If this in any way hinders Houston's development, I don't want it. Houston could be a star in this league, IMO. If we bring in Wimbley, I hope we use him in a manner that doesn't interfere with Houston's growth.

THIS

Titty Meat
I'm thinking if you put all 3 on the field Hali would be used standing up in a roamer type of role. Isn't that how DT was used at times too?

Mr. Laz
Fucking A. If this moves Houston to the bench its fucking stupid.
It pretty much would have to move Houston to the bench, at least for appearance purposes.

Wimbley isn't going to sign as a role player imo

Wimbley would be our starting SOLB and Houston would have to get his snaps in the special packages.

listen ... i want Wimbley too but we have to be realistic about getting the guys signed too.

i would love to see us run a 5-2-4 defense some

Hali-Dorsey-Powe-Jackson-Wimbley
DJ - Houston
Flowers-Berry-Lewis-Routt

Titty Meat
Where do the other guys we just signed rank?

Winston was 11.1

Boss was -6

Hillis 2.1

Hammock Parties
a lot of homers on this forum for Justin Houston to be this god send savior. I've never seen a place call a guy a god based on a 3 game improvement sample

He only played like a top 10 OLB the 2nd half of the year.

Titty Meat
03-19-2012, 08:02 PM

He was dogshit in coverage all year.

BTW he's one of my favorite players. Let's be objective though.

mcaj22
03-19-2012, 08:03 PM

and you know this how? Magic? PFF?

PFF is not the end all be all of stats analysis. The guy was a rookie, he has one year of experience. He's no Von Miller or Aldon Smith that's for sure.

Dave Lane
03-19-2012, 08:04 PM

It was embarrassing

notorious
03-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Houston has played very little.

It was his first fucking year and he raped while he was in. Give him a chance!

Hammock Parties
03-19-2012, 08:05 PM

That's not his chief job.

The dude was great in run defense and pass rush the last 2nd half of the year. Lights out.

jspchief
JFC......

It's like fucking bizarro world in here today.

Tom Brady stopped Manning often, and we have Brady 2.0 in Cassel.

ForeverChiefs58
Winston was 11.1

Boss was -6

Hillis 2.1

Awesome. Thanks man. What does a -6 mean for Boss? I always heard he was a good blocker?

TheGuardian

Who gives a shit about outside linebackers in coverage?

This board has so many people who don't understand the value scale of positions.

It's like saying "that corner was dog shit at blitzing."

Who gives a fuck?

Titty Meat
Justin Houston is a very good player. He's just not a complete player yet.

We can afford Wimbley and pass rush is a need for this team. If we don't sign Wimbley I think we take one in the first round. 29 sacks just isn't going to do it especially going up against Manning.

Dave Lane
03-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Houston has played very little.

It was his first ****ing year and he raped while he was in. Give him a chance!

Yes that is true. Do you have a point?

Hammock Parties
and you know this how? Magic? PFF?

PFF is not the end all be all of stats analysis. The guy was a rookie, he has one year of experience. He's no Von Miller or Aldon Smith that's for sure.

Did you even watch him play?

Most people who have a clue formed their opinion on actually watching him rape. He was consistently showing up in GIF'D UP threads in the 2nd half, and lo and behold his PFF rating shot up.

No coincidence.

DJ's left nut
DJ ask the Giants about having too many pass rushers.

The Giants don't run a defense even similar to ours. Moreover, the Giants pass-rushers are all also big enough to put their hands on the ground and play a 'pure' DE.

There's a difference between the Giants breed of pass-rusher and Wimbley. Wimbley is more like when NE signed Derrick Burgess. Burgess was elite in Oakland as a primary pass-rusher, but pretty average in NE when used primarily as a role-player/sub package guy.

That's not to say that Wimbley won't be useful here - he will. But let's not act like we're signing Jason Pierre Paul here, or even Justin Tuck.

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 08:07 PM
That's not his chief job.

The dude was great in run defense and pass rush the last 2nd half of the year. Lights out.

except for he struggled to set the edge on run plays as well

He was a rookie, i'm not trying to write him off but let's be real

jspchief
03-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Wimbley will go to the highest bidder.

Chiefs are out.

Titty Meat
03-19-2012, 08:08 PM

Most people who have a clue formed their opinion on actually watching him rape. He was consistently showing up in GIF'D UP threads in the 2nd half, and lo and behold his PFF rating shot up.

No coincidence.

Dude Houston is not as good as Smith. Just stop it.

Titty Meat
03-19-2012, 08:09 PM

Chiefs are out.

Winston will go to the highest bidder.

Chiefs are out.

Hammock Parties
03-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Dude Houston is not as good as Smith. Just stop it.

Where did I say he was?

Hammock Parties
03-19-2012, 08:10 PM

Wrong, he was terrific at that. That was one of the things he got going first.

Titty Meat
03-19-2012, 08:11 PM
He did improve against the run as the season went along.

I think Chicago will be our biggest competition for Wimbley. He was a productive player for Romeo and is from Witchita. We'll see.

ForeverChiefs58
03-19-2012, 08:12 PM

Chiefs are out.

Peyton will go to the highest bidder.

Chiefs are out...Oh wait...I suck at this game.

Mr. Laz

Chiefs are out.
they said the same about Winston too

DJ's left nut

This...uh....seems inaccurate.

The kid wasn't great in space - oh well; that's far down the list of things I worry about from a damn Ted backer. He was pretty damn strong in setting the edge and a monster when unleashed on the passer.

Don't try to undersell Houston in an attempt to oversell Wimbley. A Wimbley signing will sink or swim on its own merits; understating the play of Houston last year doesn't change that.

The kid is a ballplayer.

jspchief
03-19-2012, 08:14 PM

Chiefs are out.

We put on a full court press to land Winston, and it still took us 3 days. We signed him to a fairly cheap contract. How many million did Pioli save by dicking around for 3 days? A couple over the life of the contract? Could KC not afford to up the offer to lock down the guy they wanted on day 1?

Just because we got Winston, that doesn't mean this team knows how to make an "offer he can't refuse".

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Wrong, he was terrific at that. That was one of the things he got going first.you are so full of shit

all those GIF's have gone to your brain and you think you actually know something about football.

Houston improved across the board as the year went by and i want to keep him learning but he still has a ways to go in the pass/run game. He's got all the tools.

Titty Meat
03-19-2012, 08:16 PM
We put on a full court press to land Winston, and it still took us 3 days. We signed him to a fairly cheap contract. How many million did Pioli save by dicking around for 3 days? A couple over the life of the contract? Could KC not afford to up the offer to lock down the guy they wanted on day 1?

Just because we got Winston, that doesn't mean this team knows how to make an "offer he can't refuse".

We did? He was in Miami before we even called him.

TheGuardian
03-19-2012, 08:35 PM

Umm errrr

Fucking what?

The one thing he did well right out of the gate, was stone TE's and tackles at the point. His stack and shed was very good for a rook.

You're just making shit up now. LEarn how to watch the technical aspects of football please.

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Umm errrr

Fucking what?

The one thing he did well right out of the gate, was stone TE's and tackles at the point. His stack and shed was very good for a rook.

You're just making shit up now. LEarn how to watch the technical aspects of football please.
The thing he was able to do right out of the gate was what he did in college ... rush the passer and play with good athleticism.

dropping into coverage and turning a sweep was not it

He got better as the year went back at the run ... still was pretty much crap in coverage.

Learn how to fuck yourself with a fork please.

TheGuardian
03-19-2012, 08:39 PM
The thing he was able to do right out of the gate was what he did in college ... rush the passer and play with good athleticism.

dropping into coverage and turning a sweep was not it

He got better as the year went back at the run ... still was pretty much crap in coverage.

Learn how to **** yourself with a fork please.

OMG he couldn't sniff the QB out of the gate.

JFC.........

jspchief
03-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Someone throwing money at a pass rusher vs a RG

mcaj22
03-19-2012, 08:45 PM

No coincidence.

so you base the guy on being good by the amount of gif images and what PFF tells you?

and not actual NFL awards or accomplishments, or stats, like say a Von Miler or Aldon Smith, or what Tamba Hali does.

Makes sense.

SPATCH
03-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Laz parodying himself

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 08:49 PM
OMG he couldn't sniff the QB out of the gate.

JFC.........
He got 2/3 sacks in the first preseason game that he got real playing time in.

Crennel doesn't blitz much so Houston wasn't used until the chicago(i think) then he got like 3 sacks.

Crennel got more aggressive late in the year which helped Houston out. Doesn't mean Houston couldn't pass rush, it just means that Crennel is a passive coach and he uses his SOLB in coverage a lot.

SPATCH
03-19-2012, 08:55 PM
omg backpedaling

Easy 6
03-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Seven sacks a year would be a perfect, stack the deck addition to whats already in place, with PAYton in dinver another guided missile system is just what the doctor ordered... count me in.

But i'm sure its already been asked, just how big of a spree can we expect from the Dynamic Duo... after this temporarily soothing, mutinous fan pacifying mini-splurge?

Hope they do it, i'll take this guy 8 days a week over McNeil, Cotchery & Schwartz.

Hammock Parties
03-19-2012, 09:19 PM
you are so full of shit

all those GIF's have gone to your brain and you think you actually know something about football.

Hey dipshit.

He was so terrible against the run he was the 5th ranked OLB against the run.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2h72kx2.jpg

Hammock Parties
03-19-2012, 09:22 PM
The thing he was able to do right out of the gate was what he did in college ... rush the passer

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

WHAT?

The guy couldn't rush the passer for shit early last season. Everyone on here was talking about it.

In fact - checks quickly - HOUSTON HAD TWO PRESSURES IN THE FIRST 10 GAMES. LMAO

Laz = owned.

Hammock Parties
03-19-2012, 09:24 PM
so you base the guy on being good by the amount of gif images and what PFF tells you?

and not actual NFL awards or accomplishments, or stats, like say a Von Miler or Aldon Smith, or what Tamba Hali does.

Makes sense.

You act like you didn't even fucking watch the Chiefs last season, retard.

Justin Houston was ripping shit up in the last 8 games. He had 5.5 sacks in the last 5 games ALONE.

Seeing his positive ratings on PFF during the same time period only confirms what everyone here saw on the field.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

I'm told Kamerion Wimbley is staying overnight in Nashville and is close to agreeing to a five-year deal with the Titans. #freeeagency

Simply Red
03-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

I'm told Kamerion Wimbley is staying overnight in Nashville and is close to agreeing to a five-year deal with the Titans. #freeeagency

OK.

Dave Lane
03-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

Crap.

Sure-Oz
03-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

Well, fuck

DJ's left nut
03-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Laz would be wise to simply bow out of this thread gracefully.

What a fucking stupid argument to try to make.

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Laz parodying himself

omg backpedaling
what? bullshit, not backpedaling at all.

2 sacks in his 1st real preseason game

3 sacks in the chicago game in the 1st time was really asked to go after the QB.

Houston needs to learn to play in coverage and hold the edge ... this is still what he needs to get better at. Especially coverage.

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Laz would be wise to simply bow out of this thread gracefully.

What a fucking stupid argument to try to make.
what argument do you think is wrong?

You actually think that Houston is better at defending the pass and stopping the run than he is going after the QB?

you're an idiot if you think that

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Hey dipshit.

He was so terrible against the run he was the 5th ranked OLB against the run.

[IMG]http:G]
oh look ... PFF whore is back

Hammock Parties
03-19-2012, 09:57 PM

Hey DIPSHIT.

Anyone with HALF A BRAIN IN THEIR HEAD was talking up Houston's run defense on this forum.

EVERYONE was wondering where the fuck his pass rush was early in the season because he wasn't doing shit.

Fritz88

Go on Laz. You are getting bitch slapped here.
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22
if PFF said jumping off a bridge was #1

would you listen to it/do it?

Dante84
Wimbley likely to sign with Tennessee: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/report-titans-wimbley-close-to-five-year-agreement/

Adam Caplan is reporting that free agent defensive end Kamerion Wimbley will spend Monday night in Nashville after today’s visit with Titans officials.

And per Caplan, Wimbley is “close” to agreeing on a five-year contract to take his talents to Tennessee.

Wimbley played strong-side linebacker on base downs for the Raiders in 2011. He would be a full-time defensive end in Tennessee, where the organization is looking to rebound from misses on Mario Williams and Peyton Manning.

Caplan reports that negotiations will resume in the morning.

So it sounds like there’s a good chance Wimbley will be a Tennessee Titan by noon on Tuesday.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-19-2012, 09:58 PM
29th in the league not gonna work this year need more sacks.

Manning *2
Rivers*2
Palmer*2
Ryan
Flacco
Newton
Dalton
Luck
Brees
roethlisberger

Easy 6
03-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Houston really did take the air out of my living room at times, with his utter failure the first half of the season... the numbers were beyond terrible, the eye test looked fuzzy... it all spelled b.u.s.t

But to then to throw up five & a half, in five games, thats a great omen, an ugly but very short learning curve... and beyond Houstons apparent 'light bulb' moment, it almost seemed like Romeo was reading the Planet... 'they're using him all wrong in coverage, he needs to be pinning his ears back to the qb!'.

Romeo is a ****ing outstanding D coach... it may not happen instantly, but that guy can & WILL take whatevers available, blend it together & make them look like pro's in an astonishingly short time.

DeezNutz
03-19-2012, 10:01 PM

I don't even understand how they use metrics to analyze defensive players. /Scott Moore

Side note: In the summer of '09, after trading for (yes, actively pursuing and trading for) fucking Betancourt, Moore went on 810 and, during the course of the interview, made the statement that he didn't even understand defensive metrics.

You want to talk about a kill shot for a fan.

TEX
03-19-2012, 10:04 PM
All I know is the Chiefs had better do something to improve their pass rush. Manning will kill them as is.

RealSNR
03-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Laz is pulling a Frankie right now. I don't even give a squirrel fart that Wimbley's gone. This is funny shit.

bricks
03-19-2012, 10:18 PM
All I know is the Chiefs had better do something to improve their pass rush. Manning will kill them as is.

I agree.

I think it's more than just pass rush though. We need some legit LBers that specialize in coverage or else Manning will expose us all day long and TEs will eat us alive in the middle of the field.

I think we also need another safety who has the physical tools, coverage skills, speed and athleticism to cover the deep part of field. I'm not sold on Kendrick Lewis. I think he sucks in coverage especially man to man.

Easy 6
03-19-2012, 10:35 PM
I agree.

I think it's more than just pass rush though. We need some legit LBers that specialize in coverage or else Manning will expose us all day long and TEs will eat us alive in the middle of the field.

My money says lets concentrate on blitzing the hell outta him... lets put his age, arm, new neck, rust & ability to adapt to a COMPLETELY new team environment... to the test.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jdUL4xdCe-U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJ's left nut
03-19-2012, 10:41 PM
what argument do you think is wrong?

You actually think that Houston is better at defending the pass and stopping the run than he is going after the QB?

you're an idiot if you think that

So now you're trying to re-frame the argument to cover your bullshit? WTF does his pass-rushing ability have to do with your idiocy?

"He struggled to set the edge on run plays" is undeniably bullshit - that's what people are beating you over the head with right now. Justin Houston did a good job of setting the edge all season. Now backpeddle and massage your words all you want - but you got caught talking out your ass earlier. It's made even more apparent by the fact that you're not constructing some strawman whereby you try to fold 'defending the pass' into your initial nonsense - as though we're not going to notice.

You'd be far better served to just acknowledge it. But in true Laz fashion, you'll just keep on contorting. Have fun with that one, but no amount of mis-characterizing is going to bail you out of your garbage here.

You're just completely full of shit here.

Blick
03-19-2012, 10:43 PM

Like he did in 2010 with a 65 QB rating in Indy?

The defense is even better now, too.

If Romeo remains aggressive with his blitzing, Houston and Hali are going to murder everyone.

I can't wait to watch this defense play with Berry back.

RealSNR
03-19-2012, 10:45 PM
We should not mess with Laz. He has a 159 IQ

DJ's left nut
03-19-2012, 10:45 PM

If there was plenty of videotape that showed the negative results of jumping off said bridge, would you ignore it?

Dude can absolutely defend the run. Laz is an idiot and you're the poor soul that decided to cast your lot with the idiot without thinking. Now you have to somehow defend that insanity but there really isn't a good argument for it, so you've instead taken to attacking a source.

Nice little ad hominem, but those generally only work when you're dealing with middle school children, and even then it really only works on the dumb ones.

hometeam
03-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Damn it. I want this. Fuck the Titans.

DeezNutz
03-19-2012, 10:55 PM

Are you mocking one of his own posts here? Be careful...we've already lost FAX. Don't want you targeted next.

Psyko Tek
03-20-2012, 12:18 AM

could we get brandon carr?

Jawshco
03-20-2012, 12:22 AM
"@caplannfl: I'm told Kamerion Wimbley is staying overnight in Nashville and is close to agreeing to a five-year deal with the Titans. #freeeagency"

Hammock Parties
03-20-2012, 12:30 AM
"@caplannfl: I'm told Kamerion Wimbley is staying overnight in Nashville and is close to agreeing to a five-year deal with the Titans. #freeeagency"

CALL IN THE CAVALRY

http://ottodestruct.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_0509-1024x768.jpg

xztop12
03-20-2012, 12:39 AM
Scott said there was a "few" guys with good pass rush moves in this draft. but a lot of talented ones, i wonder who he meant by the few

xztop12
03-20-2012, 12:42 AM
That highlight video is so terrible it just shows him finishing the plays not any of his moves

kysirsoze
03-20-2012, 12:44 AM
That highlight video is so terrible it just shows him finishing the plays not any of his moves

And it shows like 3 or 4 sacks 150 times from different angles.

WhiteWhale
03-20-2012, 12:48 AM
Hey DIPSHIT.

Anyone with HALF A BRAIN IN THEIR HEAD was talking up Houston's run defense on this forum.

EVERYONE was wondering where the **** his pass rush was early in the season because he wasn't doing shit.

These stats are via PFF:

Against Buffalo in week 1 Houston rushed the QB on 3 of his 37 snaps.

In week 2 he rushed 5 times in 26 snaps

In week 3 he rushed zero times in 36 snaps

In week 4 he rushed one time in 53 snaps

He wasn't being sent after the QB so you can hardly expect big results, and he wasn't playing good defense against the run at this point. I think he COULD have rushed the QB, but Romeo rather just benched him for Studebaker for a while and maintained his conservative D.

When Houston was re-inserted into the starting line up he was a different guy. He was outstanding against the run and incredible rushing the QB. Romeo adjusted to a more pressure based scheme both in terms of coverage (more press/man) and blitzing the QB. Houston was rushing 15-20 times per game in the final 6 games and had outstanding results in every area except pass coverage. Our D only allowed over 20 points in 1 game. The D improved a lot and that was basically because of Houston and the alterations Romeo (finally) made to take advantage of what he brings.

Hammock Parties
03-20-2012, 12:52 AM
He wasn't being sent after the QB so you can hardly expect big results, and he wasn't playing good defense against the run at this point.

He had positive run defense grades in 3 of his first 7 games. It was the first sign of flashing that he saw.

NJChiefsFan
03-20-2012, 01:06 AM
So now you're trying to re-frame the argument to cover your bullshit? WTF does his pass-rushing ability have to do with your idiocy?

"He struggled to set the edge on run plays" is undeniably bullshit - that's what people are beating you over the head with right now. Justin Houston did a good job of setting the edge all season. Now backpeddle and massage your words all you want - but you got caught talking out your ass earlier. It's made even more apparent by the fact that you're not constructing some strawman whereby you try to fold 'defending the pass' into your initial nonsense - as though we're not going to notice.

Very well said. What his best skill is and being able to set the edge are two VERY different arguements. Not sure how defending his actual results last year against the run somehow says that we feel he is best against the run.

There were numerous times last season that Houston not only set the edge, but he did so with authority. Not easily missed on replays. I was very pleased with this, considdering I wasn't expecting it.

DenverChief
03-20-2012, 01:37 AM
I think we should bombard his twitter acct with some good ole KC love.

Marcellus
03-20-2012, 05:55 AM

You must have some kick ass inside sources to know all this. Kudos.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-20-2012, 06:09 AM
You must have some kick ass inside sources to know all this. Kudos.

It's moved from too cheap to sign anybody to "it took too long!!!" ROFL

Mr_Tomahawk
03-20-2012, 07:04 AM
Kamerion Wimbley close to agreeing on 5year, $35M deal with Titans. Canceling his other visits. #freeagency

Pasta Little Brioni
03-20-2012, 07:05 AM
Yep, too much $$$ to spend on him with Houston already in the fold.

KC_Lee
03-20-2012, 07:07 AM
Kamerion Wimbley close to agreeing on 5year, $35M deal with Titans. Canceling his other visits. #freeagency

This makes sense. The Titans need to improve thier pass rush. But unless they get stronger up the middle all the outside pass rushers in the world will not help.

BoneKrusher
03-20-2012, 07:07 AM

i thought we would land him because of his connection to Romeo.

El Jefe
03-20-2012, 07:08 AM
He got 2/3 sacks in the first preseason game that he got real playing time in.

Crennel doesn't blitz much so Houston wasn't used until the chicago(i think) then he got like 3 sacks.

Crennel got more aggressive late in the year which helped Houston out. Doesn't mean Houston couldn't pass rush, it just means that Crennel is a passive coach and he uses his SOLB in coverage a lot.

Dave Lane
03-20-2012, 07:08 AM

Can we get the trade back?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-20-2012, 07:26 AM
Adam Caplan ‏ @caplannfl Close
The Tennessee Titans and Kamerion Wimbley have agreed to terms on a 5-year, $35 million deal with DE/OLB Kamerion Wimbley. #freeagency

Micjones
03-20-2012, 08:12 AM
Adam Caplan ‏ @caplannfl Close
The Tennessee Titans and Kamerion Wimbley have agreed to terms on a 5-year, $35 million deal with DE/OLB Kamerion Wimbley. #freeagency

I thought he'd get a pretty big contract.
Wasn't expecting that though.

BigCatDaddy
03-20-2012, 08:19 AM
I thought he'd get a pretty big contract.
Wasn't expecting that though.

Yep, it would make no sense for us to sign him for anywhere near that amount.

DJ's left nut
03-20-2012, 09:19 AM
If we want a 3rd pass-rusher for cheap, we'll simply have to draft well.

We got Houston in the 3rd round last time, lets see if we can do it again. Though really, I'd rather see a 5-tech that will at least attempt to push the edges. And perhaps a NT that can collapse the interior a little wouldn't hurt either.

Our pass-rush deficiencies were not a result of our LBs, IMO, and therefore our LB corps is probably not where we should focus to remedy them. Our pass-rush problems came because our coverage over the middle allowed QBs to hit a quick dump to bail themselves out and because our down linemen simply do not get any push.

Berry should help with part of that problem, as should another year of play for Belcher and Houston. The rest, I just don't know about. I don't see how we suddenly start getting more push with our down lineman in passing situations unless Jackson takes the next step and Bailey is able to push Dorsey for PT.