PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Winston Interview SportsRadio 610 in Houston

TEX
03-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Said he was looking forward to playing in KC. Said KC was # 1 choice but that he did not receive a call until he landed in Miami. Said KC is built to win over the long haul. Loves the defense and skilled positions on offense. Said Cassel has won double-digit games before and can do it again. Said he will miss Matt Schaub, but sees a lot of Schaub in Cassel. Said KC could easily have won the West had Cassel stayed healthy last year. Top to bottom he feels KC is the best team in the division. Said he's gonna love the offense - especially the running game with Charles and Hillis. Said he really liked the Boss signing to back up Moeaki. Said WR's are top notch.

Also said he just can't seem to shake Manning. Played against him in same division while in Houston. Said Manning got whatever control he wanted in Indy and will be interesting to see if that's the case in Denver. He said Manning controlled the whole interview process and leaked out only the info his camp wanted leaked. He said to beat him, you MUST preassure him. Can't rely only on the blitz because he will KILL you.

Said regarding Free Agency - it's usually the first or 2nd team visited that gets a player unless you're a super star and then you can turn it into a circus. Things happen to change the scope and it's just too time consuming to meet with everyone.

Messier
03-19-2012, 05:13 PM
He sounds really open and honest. I'm sure he'll be a goto guy by the media for comments.

Okie_Apparition
03-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Elway vs Manning control issues
me likey

TEX
03-19-2012, 05:19 PM
He sounds really open and honest. I'm sure he'll be a goto guy by the media for comments.

He was in studio every Monday on SportsTalk 610. He discussed Sunday's games as well as other NFL related topics. Had a call in segment where he took calls from fans. He tells it like it is and is very articulate. He has a career in radio after his playing days are over.

KCUnited
03-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Said Cassel has won double-digit games before and can do it again. Said he will miss Matt Schaub, but sees a lot of Schaub in Cassel. Said KC could easily have won the West had Cassel stayed healthy last year.

Props to Pioli for selling a ketchup popsicle to a bride on her wedding day.

TEX
03-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Elway vs Manning control issues
me likey

He said that everyone knows he is a control freak - but that's what makes him great.

TEX
03-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Props to Pioli for selling a ketchup popsicle to a bride on her wedding day.

Yeah - I thought the same thing.

Hammock Parties
03-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Said Cassel has won double-digit games before and can do it again.

Hell yeah. 10 wins motherfucker.

Fuck your Lombardi. We gonna own double digit win crown.

Molitoth
03-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Just goes to show you that Winston has not given Cassel the eye test.

Okie_Apparition
03-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Winston can blow filtered smoke

L.A. Chieffan
03-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Sounds like a really smart guy, especially the comments about cassel.

You guys just have your eyes closed.

TEX
03-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Sounds like a really smart guy, especially the comments about cassel.

You guys just have your eyes closed.

That's the best way to watch Cassel.

Hydrae
03-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Winston can blow filtered smoke

I see what you did there.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-19-2012, 05:51 PM
dude is gonna be a fan favorite

J Diddy
03-19-2012, 05:53 PM
He was in studio every Monday on SportsTalk 610. He discussed Sunday's games as well as other NFL related topics. Had a call in segment where he took calls from fans. He tells it like it is and is very articulate. He has a career in radio after his playing days are over.

The second coming of Grunhard?

Chief_For_Life58
03-19-2012, 06:00 PM
The second coming of Grunhard?

the second coming of willie roaf

TEX
03-19-2012, 06:50 PM
dude is gonna be a fan favorite

He really is.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Wow an open interview. Pleasant surprise.