PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Marvin McNutt, WR

Simplicity
03-20-2012, 01:36 PM
Okay so here is a solid built Wide Out that is looking at the 3rd or 4th round. Reminds me a lot like Bowe. Great hands and a "go get it" type. I wouldn't mind getting him in the 3rd or 4th assuming he is still there.
He is 6'3 216 pounds
NFL SCOUT: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70933&draftyear=2012&genpos=WR

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/marvin-mcnutt-iowa.jpg

http://thegazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/nutt2.jpg

Yes... He caught it.

Sorry if repost.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-20-2012, 01:37 PM
:homer:

El Jefe
03-20-2012, 01:38 PM
I already has posted my thoughts on Marvin, but I would definitely pick him up in the right round. I have watched him a lot, and he is as clutch as clutch comes IMO. Every time the Buckeyes played them McNutt ticked me off numerous times throughout the game. He is a heckuva ball player IMO.

Simplicity
03-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Indeed, homer.

suds79
03-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Why is a 6'3 216 WR going in say round 3 then? I haven't seen him play.

He slow?

Simplicity
03-20-2012, 01:41 PM

He slow?

Mostly over looked... Some have him in the 2nd but it hasn't came clear yet. I say we pick him up if we fill our NT and OL position in the first 2 rounds.

Hoover
03-20-2012, 01:41 PM
He's a stud.

He's also a converted QB, which means he's pretty smart, or could be a replacement for Cassel!

Simplicity
03-20-2012, 01:42 PM

He slow?

He has good speed... Not great but good... Again a lot like Bowe.

Simplicity
03-20-2012, 01:43 PM
He's a stud.

He's also a converted QB, which means he's pretty smart, or could be a replacement for Cassel!

One of his first passes (if not his first) in his QB career was a INT... So... He already has a head start on Cassel!

rico
03-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Mcnutt broke the record for most receiving TD's this year. Clutch as hell. Awesome in the red zone.

Hoover
03-20-2012, 01:53 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_Pt5Nhp7H68" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simplicity
03-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Mcnutt broke the record for most receiving TD's this year. Clutch as hell. Awesome in the red zone.

Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin, McNutt.... Solid.

BossChief
03-20-2012, 01:55 PM
He and Prater are the only Hawks I'd draft this year.

I'd bet that both come off the board in the second round.

El Jefe
03-20-2012, 01:58 PM
I like McNutt as I already stated, but I would be willing to grab Devier Posey out of OSU over McNutt. Posey was suspended almost the entire year for the Tat scandal, but that kid is a baller. He would be a steal, his draft stock isn't too high because of his suspension, but the kid is a player.

Simplicity
03-20-2012, 01:59 PM
I like McNutt as I already stated, but I would be willing to grab Devier Posey out of OSU over McNutt. Posey was suspended almost the entire year for the Tat scandal, but that kid is a baller. He would be a steal, his draft stock isn't too high because of his suspension, but the kid is a player.

I'd take either one.

Hoover
03-20-2012, 02:03 PM
<object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=108574003,t=1,mt=video"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=108574003,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

El Jefe
03-20-2012, 02:05 PM
I will never forget when Stanzi was hurt a few years back and Vanderburg or something like that came in as a Freshman and almost beat the Buckeyes, dude was throwing darts all game. McNutt has always stayed in my mind because he annoyed me so much that game.

Simplicity
03-20-2012, 02:08 PM
I will never forget when Stanzi was hurt a few years back and Vanderburg or something like that came in as a Freshman and almost beat the Buckeyes, dude was throwing darts all game. McNutt has always stayed in my mind because he annoyed me so much that game.

James Vandenberg.... But yeah he went 7 for 7 for his first 7 passes. I would know... Hawkeye homer :)

Hoover
03-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Stanzi to McNutt!

FloridaMan88
03-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Stop drafting crappy players from Iowa.

Tommy Streeter is a far better pro prospect and will probably be available in the 3rd round.

tymania
03-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin, McNutt.... Solid.

dont forget Moeaki... Then we gotta get Stanzi throwing them balls, it will be an Iowa reunion!! My dream come true.

Hoover
03-20-2012, 02:28 PM
He runs a 4.54

If we could get him in the 3rd, we would be stocked.

aturnis
03-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Actually, he might get taken as high as the second round.

He has incredibly reliable hands. Runs great routes. Is nearly identical to Bowe in size/weight/speed, and also has a very similar run after the catch ability to Bowe, not to mention his hops and ability to high-point the ball. Killed the combine.

suds79
03-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Actually, he might get taken as high as the second round.

He has incredibly reliable hands. Runs great routes. Is nearly identical to Bowe in size/weight/speed, and also has a very similar run after the catch ability to Bowe, not to mention his hops and ability to high-point the ball. Killed the combine.

Didn't Bowe run a 4.4? Might not sound like much but it is when it comes to WR.

4.4 = Good speed
4.5 = Average speed

... Not that speed is everything.

aturnis
03-20-2012, 02:45 PM

He slow?

He plays for Iowa. It's just not sexy, no respect.

Bump
03-20-2012, 02:46 PM
His last name alone makes me want to draft him.

SOLD

vailpass
03-20-2012, 02:46 PM

Tommy Streeter is a far better pro prospect and will probably be available in the 3rd round.

Stop drafting players from Iowa to your crappy team.

Hoover
03-20-2012, 02:47 PM
He plays for Iowa. It's just not sexy, no respect.
That's bogus

he will be on the rise as the draft approaches.

Iowa has produced a lot of good pros, and the program is well respected by NFL teams.

I bet he's a 2nd rounder, a steal in the 3rd IMO

aturnis
He's a stud.

Well, at least it means that he and the QB would likely see the same thing out of the defense and will most likely be on the same page more often than not.

Also adds the possibility of trick plays when desperate.

ModSocks

4.4 = Good speed
4.5 = Average speed

IIRC, Bowe was a 4.5 guy.

But then again, i smoke a lot of weed....

ModSocks
03-20-2012, 02:49 PM

4.51 according to ESPN

aturnis
03-20-2012, 02:49 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_Pt5Nhp7H68" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's not even his impressive one handed catch...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KqLTlPv2QSM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

suds79
03-20-2012, 02:51 PM

Okay looked into it. Looks like he ran a 4.51 at the combine.

I was remembering his pro day where he turned in a 4.40 & a 4.49

Based on what we've seen, I think we can all agree the 4.51 is probably more accurate.

aturnis
03-20-2012, 02:56 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiight. Dude, hurricanes prospects suck. For the simple fact that you don't know what you're getting. They recruit so well, and do so little to coach players up you don't know if you're getting a smart, well coached, coachable player. Or a physically talented player, who hasn't been coached, doesn't know how to be coached, and might flop enormously in the pro's b/c they won't be able to get by on shear talent anymore.

Tommy Streeter is not a better prospect than McNutt. I REALLY hope you're not serious, and if you are, what the HELL are you basing this off of? His YEARS of production?

aturnis
03-20-2012, 02:57 PM

4.4 = Good speed
4.5 = Average speed

Bowe ran a 4.51.

vailpass
03-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Bowe crawled a 4.51.

fyp

Chiefshrink
03-20-2012, 02:59 PM
I want Stephen Hill from GT !!:clap:

aturnis
03-20-2012, 03:01 PM
That's bogus

he will be on the rise as the draft approaches.

Iowa has produced a lot of good pros, and the program is well respected by NFL teams.

I bet he's a 2nd rounder, a steal in the 3rd IMO

I agree with you. I'm a fellow Iowa homer.

Fact remains that even national college football media generally overlooks Iowa. We're flyover country and just not sexy.

No spread offense, no 1st round WR's, QB's, RB's. We develop the core of every team. The unsexy players. OL, DL, LB, TE, DB

Not always first round picks, but almost always solid contributing mid-rounders. Look at the players Iowa has in the NFL. Most contribute quite a bit to their team, most were mid-late draft picks.

I believe Iowa has the most players in NFL training camps...

aturnis
03-20-2012, 03:03 PM
I want Stephen Hill from GT !!:clap:

You'll get him too if you start cheering for the Raiders.

aturnis
03-20-2012, 03:04 PM

Yeah, that was Vandenberg. I hate that guy. He SUCKS!

aturnis
03-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Romeo Crennel, Scott Pioli, Jack Bicknell, and Nick Sirianni were all at Iowa's pro day yesterday.

My guess is with Sirianni being there they were looking at McNutt, and Bicknell at Gettis as a late round flier.

I'd take McNutt in the 3rd every time.

A lot of guys have been against the suggestion in the past, which I understand their argument, "we have decent receivers". The Packers though, haven't ever let that stop them from drafting another one. They are stocked from A-Z, and with the passing game going the way it is, it's be smart for us to also.

Saul Good
03-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Our receiving corps would consist of a nut, balls, breasts, and a bowener. It all makes sense. After all, we've got an asshole at QB.

BigChiefFan
03-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Romeo Crennel, Scott Pioli, Jack Bicknell, and Nick Sirianni were all at Iowa's pro day yesterday.

My guess is with Sirianni being there they were looking at McNutt, and Bicknell at Gettis as a late round flier.

I'd take McNutt in the 3rd every time.

A lot of guys have been against the suggestion in the past, which I understand their argument, "we have decent receivers". The Packers though, haven't ever let that stop them from drafting another one. They are stocked from A-Z, and with the passing game going the way it is, it's be smart for us to also.

I agree with the sentiment of having at least 4 quality receivers. I thought it was a decent idea to take a flyer on Manningham in FA or even suggested drafting the WR from South Carolina, Alshon Jeffery in the second round, in a mock from a while back.

McNutt's an intriquing prospect, but I'm not sure about a high third rounder, though.

Titty Meat
03-20-2012, 03:46 PM
He's so good Alfonzo Dennard shut him down.

bevischief
03-20-2012, 03:47 PM
To the ship.

RustShack
03-20-2012, 03:52 PM
I'd be all for snatching up McNutt in the middle of the draft. We need more reliable hands on this team.

vailpass
03-20-2012, 03:58 PM
I'd be all for snatching up McNutt in the middle of the draft. We need more reliable hands on this team.

Any more good high school hoops players coming out of Ames this year?

saphojunkie
03-20-2012, 04:05 PM
He's a stud.

So, we could draft Tannehill, a converted WR to QB in the first, and McNuttt, the opposite, in the 2nd?

Or should we draft Reiff in the first and make it an Iowa offense?

RustShack
03-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Don't want Reiff, but wouldn't be opposed to Gettis later(not sure if/when hes projected though).

Micjones
03-20-2012, 05:04 PM
He'd be a good insurance policy for Bowe in case all Hell breaks loose.
Take him in the Middle Rounds.

rico
03-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Our receiving corps would consist of a nut, balls, breasts, and a bowener. It all makes sense. After all, we've got an asshole at QB.

This is the best post I have ever seen.

Mr. Laz
03-20-2012, 05:17 PM
this is the kind of guy that could take our 4th wr spot ... not crotchery

FloridaMan88
03-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiight. Dude, hurricanes prospects suck. For the simple fact that you don't know what you're getting. They recruit so well, and do so little to coach players up you don't know if you're getting a smart, well coached, coachable player. Or a physically talented player, who hasn't been coached, doesn't know how to be coached, and might flop enormously in the pro's b/c they won't be able to get by on shear talent anymore.

Tommy Streeter is not a better prospect than McNutt. I REALLY hope you're not serious, and if you are, what the HELL are you basing this off of? His YEARS of production?

Miami Hurricanes prospects suck? JFC you are a dumbshit.

No school has been more consistent in producing NFL talent the past decade than the University of Miami.

Streeter at 6-5, 219 ran a 4.4... sick physical talent. He is raw and will require some development, but the Chiefs have that luxury with Bowe, Breaston and Baldwin.

You can count the # of players from Iowa who have had a significant impact in the NFL on one hand.

Kyle DeLexus
03-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Do we really want a receiver that is "Just like Bowe"? Don't we pretty much have that in Baldwin? I'd rather target a decent speed guy.

FloridaMan88
03-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Do we really want a receiver that is "Just like Bowe"? Don't we pretty much have that in Baldwin? I'd rather target a decent speed guy.

Streeter has speed... ran a 4.4 at the Combine.

Size and speed... a hard combination to come by.

aturnis
03-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Don't want Reiff, but wouldn't be opposed to Gettis later(not sure if/when hes projected though).

This.

Kyle DeLexus
03-20-2012, 05:35 PM

That's more like it. I don't want to turn into the Raiders here, but our WR's have good size but don't stretch the field.

aturnis
03-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Miami Hurricanes prospects suck? JFC you are a dumbshit.

No school has been more consistent in producing NFL talent the past decade than the University of Miami.

Streeter at 6-5, 219 ran a 4.4... sick physical talent. He is raw and will require some development, but the Chiefs have that luxury with Bowe, Breaston and Baldwin.

You can count the # of players from Iowa who have had a significant impact in the NFL on one hand.

...and you can't count the amount of Hurricanes who have flat out busted on all of your appendages.

Yes, they get lots of players into the NFL, but many of them were never ready. Gotta blame that on the program.

Tribal Warfare
03-20-2012, 05:46 PM

4.4 = Good speed
4.5 = Average speed

Bowe ran a 4.5 in the combine, and a 4.4 in his pro day

aturnis
03-20-2012, 05:49 PM

All I'm saying is, who's Green Bay's speed guy? Not saying they're all slow, but they aren't Desean Jackson either. Most of their guys are mid 4.4 to mid 4.5 I'd imagine.

The Saints only receiver who could "stretch the field" would be Robert Meachem. Guess who they let walk. Probably b/c he never really contributed a ton to the offense. Not anything they couldn't get out of another guy.

When you look at team with first of all, a good QB(something we need) and a great passing game, most of the receivers are big bodied guys, with great hand and unremarkable speed.

40 time is the least important of a receivers attributes. If you have an entire field full of huge guys, who can run good routes, and catch the ball, try and stop 'em.

htismaqe
03-20-2012, 05:50 PM
All I'm saying is, who's Green Bay's speed guy? Not saying they're all slow, but they aren't Desean Jackson either. Most of their guys are mid 4.4 to mid 4.5 I'd imagine.

The Saints only receiver who could "stretch the field" would be Robert Meachem. Guess who they let walk. Probably b/c he never really contributed a ton to the offense. Not anything they couldn't get out of another guy.

When you look at team with first of all, a good QB(something we need) and a great passing game, most of the receivers are big bodied guys, with great hand and unremarkable speed.

40 time is the least important of a receivers attributes. If you have an entire field full of huge guys, who can run good routes, and catch the ball, try and stop 'em.

This.

saphojunkie
03-20-2012, 05:56 PM

Most of the time "stretching the field" for us means a receiver running a thirty yard sprint and watching the ball sail somewhere away from him.

Blowing past defensive backs comes from good play design much moreso than burning speed. The D-backs are fast too, and usually have a 15-30 foot headstart.

aturnis
03-20-2012, 05:57 PM

USAIN BOLT HAS SPEED. SIZE AND SPEED!

What's your point if he can't play football? Is Streeter better than Kendall Wright b/c he only ran a 4.61?

htismaqe
03-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Most of the time "stretching the field" for us means a receiver running a thirty yard sprint and watching the ball sail somewhere away from him.

Blowing past defensive backs comes from good play design much moreso than burning speed. The D-backs are fast too, and usually have a 15-30 foot headstart.

Having a good "twitch" is more important than 40 time. It's what Vermeil always said he wanted in his WRs.

Getting separation in the NFL is about SUBTLE movement - a head fake, a hip inside and step outside.

Make your man bite and then get to where the ball is supposed to be. Straight-line speed is dramatically overrated. Just ask Larry Fitzgerald.

aturnis
03-20-2012, 06:01 PM
That's more like it. I don't want to turn into the Raiders here, but our WR's have good size but don't stretch the field.

Maybe his lack of production would tickle you fancy even more!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/382158/tommy-streeter

The Dawg
03-20-2012, 06:02 PM
I want him just because his name is McNutt. ROFL

aturnis
03-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Having a good "twitch" is more important than 40 time. It's what Vermeil always said he wanted in his WRs.

Getting separation in the NFL is about SUBTLE movement - a head fake, a hip inside and step outside.

Make your man bite and then get to where the ball is supposed to be. Straight-line speed is dramatically overrated. Just ask Larry Fitzgerald.

This.

htismaqe
03-20-2012, 06:05 PM

This time next year, I'm afraid we're going to be wishing we had another WR "just like Bowe".

FloridaMan88
03-20-2012, 07:23 PM
...and you can't count the amount of Hurricanes who have flat out busted on all of your appendages.

Yes, they get lots of players into the NFL, but many of them were never ready. Gotta blame that on the program.

ROFLROFL

Yeah Jimmy Graham clearly wasn't ready. Clinton Portis? Yeah not ready as he raped the Chiefs defense year after year. Willis McGahee? A few Pro Bowls a few 1,000 yard seasons but not ready. Frank Gore? Leading the 49ers to the NFC Championship game but not ready. Reggie Wayne? Yeah not ready. Santana Moss? Not Ready. Andre Johnson? Not ready. Ray Lewis? Not Ready. Ed Reed? Not Ready. Jeremy Shockey? Not Ready. Kellen Winslow? Not Ready. Eric Winston? Not Ready. Vince Wilfork? Not Ready. Jonathan Vilma? Not Ready. Devin Hester? Not Ready. Antrel Rolle? Not Ready. Bryant McKinnie? Not Ready. DJ Williams? Not Ready. Sam Shields? Not Ready.

Let's see your list of Iowa Hawkeyes in the NFL so I can own you like a little bitch.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL