PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Drafting DeCastro at 11th overall, really?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Okie_Apparition
03-24-2012, 11:52 AM
We'll have to eat rice a couple times a week for awhile
but we'll have the best damn washing maching on the block!

Saul Good
03-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Arguing against Tannehill has merit. Name the QB's with his few of starts that have gone on to be "franchise guys." There's a reason it's a pretty big deal.

Still it would beat a fucking guard.Tannehill started 20 games.

Cam Newton started 14 in college and had the best rookie season in NFL history by a QB.

Tom Brady started 25 in college and might be the best NFL QB in history.

Titty Meat
03-24-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm meh about every single guy that's been mentioned at the 11 spot.

You really don't know much about this draft.

Saul Good
03-24-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm meh about every single guy that's been mentioned at the 11 spot.

So am I. That's why, if you can't trade out of the spot, you take the guy with the highest upside.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-24-2012, 01:55 PM
You really don't know much about this draft.

Alright. Who's your pick Husker? Been seeing 3-4 ends, ILB's, a C , and a G slotted for them. Whoopee!!

Hoover
03-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Matt Cassel proved that you actually don't need to start any games in college...

Titty Meat
03-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Kuechly is going to be a damn good LB and a possible pro bowl type for 10 years. Nobody should bitch about that pick.

Decastro- Another guy who should be very good for years. If the Chiefs draft him they'll have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL.

Tannehill- A potential franchise QB.

Barron- Barron teamed up with Berry would give the Chiefs the best safety tandom in the league.

There's also a few very talented cornerbacks and an outside chance Richardson slips to 11.

What the hell is "meh" about that?

ILChief
03-24-2012, 03:29 PM
Tannehill won't fall to us. If Cleveland doesn't take him, Miami will.

whoman69
03-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Tannehill started 20 games.

Cam Newton started 14 in college and had the best rookie season in NFL history by a QB.

Tom Brady started 25 in college and might be the best NFL QB in history.

Newton would have started more but was suspended from the Florida Gators for computer theft. He did start a season in junior college.

Brady still started 2 years and completed 4 years at Michigan.

Neither of your examples had more snaps at receiver than QB.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Kuechly is going to be a damn good LB and a possible pro bowl type for 10 years. Nobody should bitch about that pick.

Decastro- Another guy who should be very good for years. If the Chiefs draft him they'll have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL.

Tannehill- A potential franchise QB.

Barron- Barron teamed up with Berry would give the Chiefs the best safety tandom in the league.

There's also a few very talented cornerbacks and an outside chance Richardson slips to 11.

What the hell is "meh" about that?

They won't replace Belcher, much less blowing a 1st on it.

philfree
03-24-2012, 05:37 PM
I'm not arguing for Tannehill. I'm pointing out that on here no QB is ever good enough for us.

Yeah that's just crazy too for Chiefs fans who haven't had a franchise QB for 4o years to pass on the chance because the prospect isn't perfect.

If we had more glaring needs that would be one thing but we don't. We can afford to take the chance if Tannehill actually makes it to #11.

whoman69
03-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Yeah that's just crazy too for Chiefs fans who haven't had a franchise QB for 4o years to pass on the chance because the prospect isn't perfect.

If we had more glaring needs that would be one thing but we don't. We can afford to take the chance if Tannehill actually makes it to #11.

He's not worth a first round pick. Simple as that. Hoping he will be a stud won't make him better.

philfree
03-24-2012, 05:51 PM
He's not worth a first round pick. Simple as that. Hoping he will be a stud won't make him better.

That's your value judgement but the fact remains that he will be drafted in the 1st round. Probably top 10. I respect your opinion although I might not agree with it.

So after 40 years of not having a franchgise QB you're still willing to wait for the Chiefs to go 1-15 before we attempt to draft one? That's the only place we'll find a prospect with limited warts. And still there will be a question mark about that player till he proves himself as a pro. IMO the Chiefs are in a position to take the gamble. If it pays off it will be huge.

Hoover
03-24-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm in no rush to draft the next todd blackledge...

philfree
03-24-2012, 06:37 PM

LOL Neither am I. The way this roster is we won't be picking this high for a few years so I guess we should just stick to other teams backups. I guess maybe next year we might have a shot at Jones. Might.

Ebolapox
03-24-2012, 06:46 PM
OMG QUARTERBACK TOO RISKEE!

Titty Meat
03-24-2012, 06:53 PM
They won't replace Belcher, much less blowing a 1st on it.

It's hilarious how much this place overrates Belcher.

Saul Good
03-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Newton would have started more but was suspended from the Florida Gators for computer theft. He did start a season in junior college.

Brady still started 2 years and completed 4 years at Michigan.

Neither of your examples had more snaps at receiver than QB.

What the fuck does this even mean? Is there some fucking algorithm that offsets starts at QB against starts at WR that I'm not aware of?

This is the stupidest thread ever, and you are stupid.

"Cam Newton only started 14 games at QB, but that's pay okay because he never played WR, and Brady completed 4 years at Michigan which is different than completing 4 years at aTm."

Let's win nine games, and then we will draft the perfect QB prospect with the 19th pick next year...or a Guard...

milkman
03-25-2012, 07:49 AM

This is essentially the same thing you were saying last year at this time abour Carr.

Belcher is an ascending player.

He hasn't come close to reaching his ceiling, as someone else suggested.

And the even more stupid thing about your evaluations is that Kuechly is far better suited for DJ's spot than he is fo Belcher's in this defense.

You're a freakin' moron who talks out of his ass.

This is why this fanbase is full of fucking dumbasses.

Dumbasses like you can't get over a bust from 30 years ago.

Get over it dumbass.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-25-2012, 07:51 AM

Not really. You don't replace young, ascending players.

MotherfuckerJones
03-25-2012, 07:56 AM
Yes you can grab a G in rd 2 or 3 but NO guard like this! This guy is special. He will seal our offensive line for the next decade

MotherfuckerJones
03-25-2012, 07:59 AM
We need a thumpin LB if we draft one. And i believe that's Hightower. But the thing about Kuechly is he has great instincts. So why not pick him. But my top draft wishes for 11 pick are Trent Richardson, David DeCastro, Tannehill (Fuck it we need a QB bad time to take a chance)

milkman
03-25-2012, 08:02 AM
Anyone arguing that a Guard makes a difference is an idiot.

Two years ago, with a terrible O-Line, the Chiefs lead the leagu in rushing with Jamaal Charles leading the way.

Last year, with an improved O-Line, but without Jamaal Charles, the Chiefs ranked 15th.

At 11, if I have a chance to improve the depth and quality of my secondary with Mark Barron, or the depth and quality of my pass rush with Melvin Ingram, I'm taking those guys before I take DeCastro because those position are playmaker-difference maker positions.

Guard is not.

whoman69
03-25-2012, 10:23 AM
What the **** does this even mean? Is there some ****ing algorithm that offsets starts at QB against starts at WR that I'm not aware of?

This is the stupidest thread ever, and you are stupid.

"Cam Newton only started 14 games at QB, but that's pay okay because he never played WR, and Brady completed 4 years at Michigan which is different than completing 4 years at aTm."

Let's win nine games, and then we will draft the perfect QB prospect with the 19th pick next year...or a Guard...

Cam played JC ball in addition to his FBC ball and won a national championship at that level as well. He was at least playing the position and getting coached at the position. Newton was also the most sought after QB the year he went to Auburn. Tannehill may have been at A&M for 4 years but if he's on the field as a WR, he's not getting coached as a QB. The guy is a prospect with major flaws in his game due to a lack of experience. He throws into coverage, locks onto his receivers and those are not skills that will get you far in the NFL. He is not a player like Cam that could step on the field on day 1 and be a starting QB in the NFL. Neither was Brady, who didn't even get on the field his rookie year. Brady had the desire to work and get on the field. That's not something you can know about Tannehill. In a normal year he would not be a 1st round QB and drafting him as such is a mistake.

jspchief
03-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Tannehill may have been at A&M for 4 years but if he's on the field as a WR, he's not getting coached as a QB. Incorrect.

He was the 2nd string QB, and practiced as the 2nd string QB, taking the second string snaps, attending QB film sessions, etc.

Okie_Apparition
03-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Tannehill may be worth the PR
the heat from Cassel still being starter is coming from all angles

BossChief
03-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Incorrect.

He was the 2nd string QB, and practiced as the 2nd string QB, taking the second string snaps, attending QB film sessions, etc.

Interesting. I didn't know that.

All in all, Tanehill is probably gonna be the best quarterback we will have a shot at drafting for the next two drafts and if Pioli truly isn't married to Cassel, he will select him as our first round choice if he has that opportunity.

With the additions we made to the existing roster, attrition and other factors there is no way we lose more than 7 games next year and that puts us in the Landry Jones section next year.

Fuck that.

Lift your skirts, grab your balls and take a chance on Tanehill if he is still on the board at 11.

If he is already taken, Barron or a pass rusher would be my pick.

Saul Good
03-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Cam played JC ball in addition to his FBC ball and won a national championship at that level as well. He was at least playing the position and getting coached at the position. Newton was also the most sought after QB the year he went to Auburn. Tannehill may have been at A&M for 4 years but if he's on the field as a WR, he's not getting coached as a QB. The guy is a prospect with major flaws in his game due to a lack of experience. He throws into coverage, locks onto his receivers and those are not skills that will get you far in the NFL. He is not a player like Cam that could step on the field on day 1 and be a starting QB in the NFL. Neither was Brady, who didn't even get on the field his rookie year. Brady had the desire to work and get on the field. That's not something you can know about Tannehill. In a normal year he would not be a 1st round QB and drafting him as such is a mistake.

Yeah, a guy who went from WR to a potential top 10 draft pick at QB in a little over a year.probably doesn't have desire to put in the work and get on the field. That sounds like something somebody could achieve without a strong work ethic and desire to improve. He's probably maxed out his potential.

KCDC
03-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Yeah, a guy who went from WR to a potential top 10 draft pick at QB in a little over a year.probably doesn't have desire to put in the work and get on the field. That sounds like something somebody could achieve without a strong work ethic and desire to improve. He's probably maxed out his potential.

Just because scouts think he is the number #3 QB in terms of talent does not mean he has the desire and work ethic to match. Let's not forget Jamarcus Russell. According to your logic, he could not have been such a success at LSU without having a huge desire to win and strong work ethic.

The Raiders destroyed their franchise for three years using such logic. Let's not make the same mistake.

BossChief
03-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Just because scouts think he is the number #3 QB in terms of talent does not mean he has the desire and work ethic to match. Let's not forget Jamarcus Russell. According to your logic, he could not have been such a success at LSU without having a huge desire to win and strong work ethic.

The Raiders destroyed their franchise for three years using such logic. Let's not make the same mistake.

Hey, YOU.

STFU with your pointless drivel if you can't understand valid points.

Bewbies
03-25-2012, 11:49 AM

Oh no three whole years!! As if we've won something in the last 20 fucking years. LMAO

Saul Good
03-25-2012, 12:58 PM

A QB was a lazy idiot once. Therefore, a guy who transformed himself from a WR into a possible top 10 pick in the draft at QB in just over year should raise red flags regarding his worth ethic and desire to win.

Nightfyre
03-25-2012, 01:20 PM

I'm pretty sure one pick does not destroy a franchise. In fact, I'm quite sure a number of boneheaded transaction occurred which led to the destruction of the raiders franchise. Also, I'm quite sure one of Tannehill's strengths are his intangibles.

KCDC
03-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Hey, YOU.

STFU with your pointless drivel if you can't understand valid points.

I was just pointing out a flaw in the logic of one poster. ;)

Separately, I went to watch the highlight reels of Stanzi and Tannehill and I can't say that Tannehill looked significantly better.

Titty Meat
03-25-2012, 01:50 PM
This is essentially the same thing you were saying last year at this time abour Carr.

Belcher is an ascending player.

He hasn't come close to reaching his ceiling, as someone else suggested.

And the even more stupid thing about your evaluations is that Kuechly is far better suited for DJ's spot than he is fo Belcher's in this defense.

You're a freakin' moron who talks out of his ass.

This post isn't correct at all. I was singing nothing but praises about Brandon Carr this time last year infact you can go back to the season opener of 2010 where I made a thread admitting I was wrong about Carr.

Belcher is good against the run that's it. He's such an ascending player that he graded out negatively according to PFF.

Again your post wreaks of inaccuracies Kuechly can play Belchers position and Kuelchy is a better athlete.

Next time you want to call people names and accuse them of talking out of their ass get your facts straight. You're about as useful as a black hooker at a blood drive.

whoman69
03-25-2012, 02:40 PM
A QB was a lazy idiot once. Therefore, a guy who transformed himself from a WR into a possible top 10 pick in the draft at QB in just over year should raise red flags regarding his worth ethic and desire to win.

He's only considered a top ten pick because of his position. As a talent he is a second or third rounder.

whoman69
03-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Incorrect.

At the same time he's practicing as a starting WR? How does that work out? Is he the magic Cassel target that can throw the ball to himself?

jspchief
03-25-2012, 02:47 PM
At the same time he's practicing as a starting WR? How does that work out? Is he the magic Cassel target that can throw the ball to himself?

He didn't practice at WR.

jspchief
03-25-2012, 02:51 PM
He didn't practice at WR.

Actually, I'll correct myself. I don't know that.

All I know is that he took the #2 practice snaps and basically did everything else the #2 QB would be expected to do, including film.

How the team reconciled that with him playing WR, I don't know.

milkman
03-25-2012, 02:59 PM
This post isn't correct at all. I was singing nothing but praises about Brandon Carr this time last year infact you can go back to the season opener of 2010 where I made a thread admitting I was wrong about Carr.

Belcher is good against the run that's it. He's such an ascending player that he graded out negatively according to PFF.

Again your post wreaks of inaccuracies Kuechly can play Belchers position and Kuelchy is a better athlete.

Next time you want to call people names and accuse them of talking out of their ass get your facts straight. You're about as useful as a black hooker at a blood drive.

Sorry to have made that mistake with Carr.

Sometimes, your overwhelming stupidity makes it difficult to remember when you get something right.

Honest mistake.

But as to Keuchly, he can play Belcher's position, but he's never going to be the thumper that you'd like to have there, and Belcher is.

Titty Meat
03-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Sorry to have made that mistake with Carr.

Sometimes, your overwhelming stupidity makes it difficult to remember when you get something right.

Honest mistake.

But as to Keuchly, he can play Belcher's position, but he's never going to be the thumper that you'd like to have there, and Belcher is.

You've never been wrong on a player? I find that hard to believe. BTW I did acknowledge that Carr had all the tools to be successful I just didn't think he was good at the time (2009 and i'm sure stats would back up that claim).
Belcher is a limited player so I think to compare the two isn't a good comparison.

I disagree with you on Kuechly. He has a nice frame that can put on 10-15 more pounds. Walters Football has compared him to Zach Thomas.

milkman
03-25-2012, 03:07 PM
You've never been wrong on a player? I find that hard to believe. BTW I did acknowledge that Carr had all the tools to be successful I just didn't think he was good at the time (2009 and i'm sure stats would back up that claim).
Belcher is a limited player so I think to compare the two isn't a good comparison.

I disagree with you on Kuechly. He has a nice frame that can put on 10-15 more pounds. Walters Football has compared him to Zach Thomas.

I've been wrong on players, sure.

But when I watch a small school guy grow each year and he's still young, I see a guy that still has ceiling to hit.

BossChief
03-25-2012, 03:17 PM
You have to ask yourself.

If Tanehill reaches his potential, can we win a superbowl with him.

If the answer is yes, you move up to take him...use a second or third rounder and get it done.

Period.

If the answer is no, you don't even take him at 11.

Titty Meat
03-25-2012, 03:22 PM
I've been wrong on players, sure.

But when I watch a small school guy grow each year and he's still young, I see a guy that still has ceiling to hit.

I saw him improve a bit against the run he's always been very good against. As far as coverage and everything else he looked the same. What am I missing?

Titty Meat
03-25-2012, 03:27 PM
You have to ask yourself.

If Tanehill reaches his potential, can we win a superbowl with him.

If the answer is yes, you move up to take him...use a second or third rounder and get it done.

Period.

If the answer is no, you don't even take him at 11.

Depends. Do you think a guy who needs to improve footwork and doesn't throw a great deep ball can win a super bowl?

milkman
03-25-2012, 03:38 PM
I saw him improve a bit against the run he's always been very good against. As far as coverage and everything else he looked the same. What am I missing?

He struggled mightily aginst the run in his rookie season.

He looked lost out there in the preseason, and I was pretty surprised he made the final roster.

He improved substantially in his second season against the run, but still had a propensity to over run plays quite a bit.

All the while, he still looked lost in pass defense.

Last season, while he still overran plays against the run, he cut down on that by a wide margin from year two, and he also showed better play recognition, and was getting back as a pass defender and getting to spots to make tackles quicker against the pass.

He will never be a great pass defender, but as his recognition continues to improve, he won't be a liability either.

I'll take that thumper in the middle that isn't a liability against the pass all day, every day.

Titty Meat
03-25-2012, 03:51 PM
He will never be a great pass defender, but as his recognition continues to improve, he won't be a liability either.

I'll take that thumper in the middle that isn't a liability against the pass all day, every day.

Last year against the Patriots he was responsible for 77 yards and a touchdown on one play. I don't know how much stock you put into PFF but they pointed out Belcher is still a big liability in pass coverage.

milkman
03-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Last year against the Patriots he was responsible for 77 yards and a touchdown on one play. I don't know how much stock you put into PFF but they pointed out Belcher is still a big liability in pass coverage.

Do you not understand "won't" in the context used means I recognize that he was still a liability, but that I saw a player that showed improvement?

I fully recognize that pass coverage was still a big issue for him, but I also saw strides made.

He may never reach the level that I think he can, but I'm saying that I think he can become a credible pass defender.

He had a long way to go from where he was to start, to where he was last year, and there's no reason to believe he can not continue to grow.

philfree
03-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Depends. Do you think a guy who needs to improve footwork and doesn't throw a great deep ball can win a super bowl?

His footwork isn't bad at all. He's good in and out of the pocket and he has no problem of stepping up in the pocket with bodies falling around his feet. He also throws well on the run. As far as accuracy on the deep ball he could stand to be better but there's a good chance that improves with more game reps. I'm pretty sure we'd have a better chance to win it all with Tannehill then some other teams backup. If he makes it to #11 I'd pull the trigger on him. If he's there and we don't take him I won't freak though because Pioli will pick a good player.

Titty Meat
03-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Do you not understand "won't" in the context used means I recognize that he was still a liability, but that I saw a player that showed improvement?

I fully recognize that pass coverage was still a big issue for him, but I also saw strides made.

He may never reach the level that I think he can, but I'm saying that I think he can become a credible pass defender.

He had a long way to go from where he was to start, to where he was last year, and there's no reason to believe he can not continue to grow.

Meanwhile Kuechly is a complete player who has the frame to bulk up 10 more pounds and can anchor the middle for 10+ years.

I'd rather draft a pass rusher or Tannehill but Kuechly is an upgrade over Belcher. Period.

ChiefRocka
03-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Give me a football player at 11....Decastro, Keuchly or Hightower and ill be happy as a pig in shit!

jspchief
03-25-2012, 04:10 PM

What? In 2011? There wasn't a 77 yard play in that game.

But if you mean the Gronkowski td, there's been better lbs than Belcher get beat by him.

Kuechly is an upgrade over Belcher most likely, and I don't subscribe to the notion that our D requires a thumper to play beside DJ. But I also believe that Belcher is a solid blue collar type player is far from a weakness on this D.

Titty Meat
03-25-2012, 04:12 PM
What? In 2011? There wasn't a 77 yard play in that game.

But if you mean the Gronkowski td, there's been better lbs than Belcher get beat by him.

Kuechly is an upgrade over Belcher most likely, and I don't subscribe to the notion that our D requires a thumper to play beside DJ. But I also believe that Belcher is a solid blue collar type player is far from a weakness on this D.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/11/22/re-focused-chiefs-patriots-week-11/

A two down linebacker

Jovan Belcher (-2.1) is about what you’d expect of a two down linebacker. He struggled in his 14 plays in coverage (-2.8) but was solid on his 33 plays against the run (+1.0). The play that typifies his struggles in coverage is Rob Gronkowski’s first touchdown. Romeo Crennel called a zone coverage but Belcher was distracted by a play action fake which caused him to get insufficient depth. Brady was therefore able to loft a ball over his head to the wide open TE. Overall he allowed both targets against him to be complete for 77 yards and the aforementioned TD. Belcher was better in the run game, making a trio of tackles for short gains.

milkman
03-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Meanwhile Kuechly is a complete player who has the frame to bulk up 10 more pounds and can anchor the middle for 10+ years.

I'd rather draft a pass rusher or Tannehill but Kuechly is an upgrade over Belcher. Period.

How long did it take DJ to become the player he is now?

The assumption that Keuchly can step right in and be better right away is just that, an assumption.

I'm going to stick with a player that has shown the ability to grow and progress, and is that thumper right now.

And most draft experts I've read talk about Keuchly's tendency to run around blocks.

That sounds a lot like DJ's scouting report.

Titty Meat
03-25-2012, 04:16 PM
How long did it take DJ to become the player he is now?

The assumption that Keuchly can step right in and be better right away is just that. and assumption.

I'm going to stick with a player that has shown the ability to grow and progress, and is that thumper right now.

And most draft experts I've read talk about Keuchly's tendency to run around blocks.

That sounds a lot like DJ's scouting report.

I'd argue it was the shitty coaching that took DJ so long to blossom. Sure theres a lot of assumptions but from what I've seen of Keuchly the guy can cover ground, is excellent in coverage, and is great at reading the play.

milkman
03-25-2012, 04:18 PM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/11/22/re-focused-chiefs-patriots-week-11/

A two down linebacker

Jovan Belcher (-2.1) is about what you’d expect of a two down linebacker. He struggled in his 14 plays in coverage (-2.8) but was solid on his 33 plays against the run (+1.0). The play that typifies his struggles in coverage is Rob Gronkowski’s first touchdown. Romeo Crennel called a zone coverage but Belcher was distracted by a play action fake which caused him to get insufficient depth. Brady was therefore able to loft a ball over his head to the wide open TE. Overall he allowed both targets against him to be complete for 77 yards and the aforementioned TD. Belcher was better in the run game, making a trio of tackles for short gains.

What was his rating in 2010 against the pass.

I'd bet it was at least a full point worse, if not a 1.5 points.

jspchief
03-25-2012, 04:18 PM

A two down linebacker

Gronkowskis longest catch of that game was 52 yards. Point doesn't change that he got burned. But neither does mine that Gronk gives better LBs than Belcher fits.

And while Kuechly is likely going to be better than Belcher in coverage due to his athleticism, pass defense isn't his strong suit.

Nightfyre
03-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Belcher's weaknesses in pass coverage will be masked by Eric Berry's return, imo.

milkman
03-25-2012, 04:33 PM
I think a lot of what Belcher contributes goes unrecognized.

The fact that he is a thumper, that he doesn't run around blocks, but rather rund through them opens up a lot of plays for DJ.

Ideally, in Crennel's scheme, you want the nose to take out blockers.

We haven't had that.

You replace that thumper with another guy that runs around blocks, you are going take DJ out of some of the plays he's made the last couple of seasons.

I don't think it's any coincidence that DJ's ascension coincided with Belcher's.

Titty Meat
03-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Gronkowskis longest catch of that game was 52 yards. Point doesn't change that he got burned. But neither does mine that Gronk gives better LBs than Belcher fits.

And while Kuechly is likely going to be better than Belcher in coverage due to his athleticism, pass defense isn't his strong suit.

Gronk isn't the only one who burnt him. Every scouting report I've read doesn't mention Kuechly being bad in coverage.

ChiefRocka
03-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Belcher = 5
Kuechly = 8 (as a rook)

Saul Good
03-25-2012, 07:14 PM

A two down linebacker

Reading. Learn to do it.

Overall he allowed BOTH targetS against him to be complete for 77 yards and the aforementioned TD.

Sounds like multiple plays.

Last year against the Patriots he was responsible for 77 yards and a touchdown ON ONE PLAY.

Sounds like you can't read.

Titty Meat
03-25-2012, 08:14 PM
Reading. Learn to do it.

Sounds like multiple plays.

Sounds like you can't read.

Sounds like you have nothing to add to the board as usual.

Titty Meat
03-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Taken from Dicks thread a scout who worked for Haley

Talking about Poe: production wasn't there despite great Combine number, but that won't matter if Pioli & crew think he can learn the fundamentals of the 2 gap.

The guy that makes more sense every day to Yates is Kuechly. Doing the whole sploog on him now.

ILB in Crennel's system is "not easy to do," but Kuechly can come in Day One and master it.

Interviewer asks the same question I have: isn't Kuechly more of a Will backer (the DJ position)? Can Kuechly hit the hole?

Yates: Sure. Kuechly played in a poor program in Boston College last year, and Kuechly was pretty much the one and only talent on the field, which resulted in him scrambling all over the field last year, giving him the look of a Will. But he can play the Mike great, and will stay on the field all three downs.

Not even Ray Lewis is a three down guy. DJ could play five downs if he had to (lol), but Kuechly would stay out on third down because he can drop so well.

OctoberFart
03-25-2012, 09:02 PM
We are going to be a running team that uses play action to make Cassel look like a legit QB. To do that we need an outstanding oline. Decastro would give us that.

Besides that who else are we going to draft at 11?

I think a top 12 pick should start day one. So what starting positions do we have available?

WR? - Nope
RB - Nope
OT- Nope
QB - Sure, but there will not be a starting QB to draft.
OG - Yes
C - Yes, if we move Hudson to G.
TE - Nope
FB - Whatever

Defense

DLine - Yes, but draft doesn't have a guy who fits our system that would warrant that high of a pick.

LB - Maybe, kind of like the OG position, could find way to improve.

CB - Nope - Need depth, not starters.
S - Nope -Need depth, not starters.

I see our needs as OG, DLine, NT, LB because thats were we could plug someone in.

Sounds like a superbowl winner.