PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What If: Drew Brees Fallout

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
03-21-2012, 05:31 PM
I can't wait to see the flame jobs headed my way but....

the Saints were slapped with an SMU-esque penalty today...wonder just how bad Drew Brees wants to return to that shit storm. I know he's franchised but would you give Brees "Manning Money" to come to KC now and give up the picks?

DBOSHO
03-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Without even thinking twice

Ming the Merciless
03-21-2012, 05:33 PM
refresh me on what picks would be needed to overcome the franchise tag

also how old is he again?

my gut says yes though.

flipped cracker
03-21-2012, 05:34 PM
refresh me on what picks would be needed to overcome the franchise tag

also how old is he again?

my gut says yes though.

2 firsts and he's 33

Okie_Apparition
He won't turn his back on NO(city)

bevischief
How many of these threads do we have to suffer tonight?

Jewish Rabbi
03-21-2012, 05:36 PM
HAY GUIZ JON GOODMEN IZ DIED!

tmw4h5
How many of these threads do we have to suffer tonight?

At least 3.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
bevis, at least 3-4 more. The saints franchise will not recover in time. Brees is in his prime. he wants to win. the nfl is not done handing down hand slaps

milkman
Brees is tagged with the exclusive rights franchise tag.

No team can talk to Brees under that tag, and the Saints are not going to trade him.

Move on.

Nothing to see here.

okcchief
03-21-2012, 05:37 PM
The same thought occurred to me. We all agree we have the weapons to win now outside of QB. New Orleans is going to be fucked up now and they don't want to pay Brees. Give them 2 firsts and a number of other picks and see what happens.

Total fantasy though. Another team might have the balls to offer it.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
03-21-2012, 05:37 PM
plus, moving Brees now makes sense so they can rebuild the franchise.

Garcia Bronco
03-21-2012, 05:38 PM
I think its a serious possibility for you guys. He's too short, but obviously overcomes that. I mean heck; they don't have a coach.

okcchief
03-21-2012, 05:39 PM

No team can talk to Brees under that tag, and the Saints are not going to trade him.

Move on.

Nothing to see here.

I'm sure that's true but with the current situation and them not wanting to pay him it would hurt to offer and have them laugh at you.

scho63
03-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Three years younger than PM and no neck surgeries make me vote yes

gold_and_red
03-21-2012, 05:42 PM
If he doesn't sign a long term deal, can they tag him next year also? I thought he would be a FA in 2013.

Dump Cassell and Quinn next year, sign Brees and move up to draft a QBOTF who can learn from Drew.

pr_capone
03-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Without question... YES.

CaliforniaChief
03-21-2012, 06:04 PM
It doesn't hurt to pick up the phone and offer Cassel, Dorsey, and a load of draft picks to try.

That said, Brees IS New Orleans. In the wake of this scandal and all the negative publicity affiliated with it, there would be a riot that makes Katrina look like a passing rainshower if Loomis traded Brees away, no matter what the haul might be.

whoaskew
03-21-2012, 06:06 PM
I'd love to have Brees on this team. I campaigned hard for him when he was a free agent, but everyone told me I was crazy for wanting a injured midget to be our QB.

Epic Fail 007
03-21-2012, 06:13 PM

Move on.

Nothing to see here.

He has not signed it . He can force their hand. Stop being a difficult piss ant.

Epic Fail 007
03-21-2012, 06:14 PM
The same thought occurred to me. We all agree we have the weapons to win now outside of QB. New Orleans is going to be ****ed up now and they don't want to pay Brees. Give them 2 firsts and a number of other picks and see what happens.

Total fantasy though. Another team might have the balls to offer it.

And cassel

jspchief
03-21-2012, 06:18 PM
He has not signed it . He can force their hand. Stop being a difficult piss ant.The idea that New Orleans would trade away the face or their franchise in the wake of this is stupid. It's not being difficult. It's being realistic.

johnny961
03-21-2012, 06:20 PM
If the Saints were willing to deal him that move is a no brainer. Hell yes. But I don't see them as wanting to trade. I suppose one could say that anything you want is available for the right price but the Chiefs would probably have to give up an astronomical amount to get the Saints to even entertain the idea IMO. Would be nice but I don't see it happening.

MIAdragon
03-21-2012, 06:22 PM
I'd love to have Brees on this team. I campaigned hard for him when he was a free agent, but everyone told me I was crazy for wanting a injured midget to be our QB.

No you didn't

MoreLemonPledge
03-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Sweet hypothetical, but the NFL would shoot the trade down anyway.

CrazyHorse
03-21-2012, 06:29 PM

Was Brees ever a FA? I thought he was traded to the Saints.

milkman
03-21-2012, 06:35 PM
He has not signed it . He can force their hand. Stop being a difficult piss ant.

I'd rather be a difficult piss ant than a near illiterate dumbass.

Doesn't matter if he hasn't signed, he can not negotiate with any other team, and he doesn't have any leverage to force shit.

johnny961

I was thinking he was released after his injury. Could be wrong though.

milkman

No, he was a free agent.

saphojunkie
03-21-2012, 06:42 PM
I'd rather be a difficult piss ant than a near illiterate dumbass.

Doesn't matter if he hasn't signed, he can not negotiate with any other team, and he doesn't have any leverage to force shit.

He has as much leverage as a QB drafted #1 overall does.

Gadzooks
03-21-2012, 07:07 PM
He sucked as a Charger until they drafted Rivers. Then he pulled his head out of his ass.
Tebow> Brees while he was a Charger.

milkman
03-21-2012, 07:21 PM
He sucked as a Charger until they drafted Rivers. Then he pulled his head out of his ass.

Uh.....no.

He struggled his first 3 years in the league, but had 2 very good seasons with them before becoming a free agent.

Mr. Kotter
03-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Given the options at QB, presently....I'd do it. That said, it's pretty unlikely to happen.

Gadzooks
03-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Uh.....no.

He struggled his first 3 years in the league, but had 2 very good seasons with them before becoming a free agent.

Coincidence? As soon as Rivers was drafted he has 2 very good seasons...
Milkman, you'd hate his guts if he were originally a Chief, the Chiefs get Cassel because Brees sucks balls for 3 years and then he pulls that.
Screw him.

NJChiefsFan
03-21-2012, 07:28 PM
The Saints would never make a trade like this, unless they were getting a potential QBOTF in return. Even then I doubt it. They aren't trading their franchise because of one year. They obviously plan on locking Brees up eventually, or atleast tagging him again next year. I don't see how this is even a fraction of a percent possible.

As somebody said, the FO does this and the fanbase would riot.

Bane
03-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Yes the whole thing.

johnny961
03-21-2012, 07:32 PM
The Saints would never make a trade like this, unless they were getting a potential QBOTF in return. Even then I doubt it. They aren't trading their franchise because of one year. They obviously plan on locking Brees up eventually, or atleast tagging him again next year. I don't see how this is even a fraction of a percent possible.

Can a player be franchised twice under this new CBA? I was thinking that they could be but someone else said no??

Epic Fail 007
03-21-2012, 07:34 PM
He has as much leverage as a QB drafted #1 overall does.

You are correct sir . Now stfu milkman.

NJChiefsFan
03-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Can a player be franchised twice under this new CBA? I was thinking that they could be but someone else said no??

IDK for sure, but I am pretty sure. Atleast thats what my view point has been about Bowe this year and next.

milkman
03-21-2012, 07:40 PM

The fact is, Drew Brees wasn't ready for the NFL.

He said as much in his interviews with Scott and Billy Ray on the Mighty 1090.

He figured it out.

NJChiefsFan
03-21-2012, 07:43 PM
He figured it out.

Yeah I would say so.

Craqhead
03-21-2012, 07:46 PM
What if the Chiefs didn't trade away the 1st and 2nd round picks in 2001 and had picked Brees?

milkman
03-21-2012, 07:46 PM
You are correct sir . Now stfu milkman.

How about you finish your 4th grade education?

The reality is that first round QBs only have leverage that team's allow them.

They don't want to get stuck with a draft pick that never plays for them, so they move them in trade.

The Saints aren't going to move Brees.

He's too valuable, more than any unproven draft pick.

He has zero leverage.

BossChief
03-21-2012, 07:47 PM

Actually, you can franchise a player as many times as you want in the new CBA.

Its just that his salary goes up 20% each year you do so and it would certainly piss off the other owners as well as the specific player.

It would piss off the other owners because it drives the price of the tag up and it would piss off the player because he doesn't get long term stability or one large signing bonus. He just has to wait for the game checks to roll in.

Here is an example of the opposite taking place right now.

The owners are certainly coercing amongst themselves in regards to the linebackers because they want to work together to take the franchise tag number down.

Gadzooks
The fact is, Drew Brees wasn't ready for the NFL.

He said as much in his interviews with Scott and Billy Ray on the Mighty 1090.

He figured it out.

You'd still hate him if he was originally a Chief.

philfree
What if the Chiefs didn't trade away the 1st and 2nd round picks in 2001 and had picked Brees?

Fuggin Pioli!

Craqhead
03-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Fuggin Pioli!

Naw that was King Carl.

milkman
03-21-2012, 07:49 PM
You'd still hate him if he was originally a Chief.

If he won us a SB, I'd get over it.

I believe had Brees remained a Charger, they would have won one.

His intangibles, from afar, look better than Rivers.

milkman
03-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Naw that was King Carl.

Who drafted Todd Blackledge.

Easy 6
03-21-2012, 07:50 PM
When we awake from this reverie, Matt Cassel will be the qb in KC.

But its always fun to dream.

Chiefshrink
03-21-2012, 07:54 PM

:thumb: They are in meltdown mode right now and no way in hell they continue the meltdown by trading Brees. Quite frankly this suspension of Peyton will probably help Brees get his $$ from Loomis in order to at least stop the team hemorrhaging.

Chiefshrink
03-21-2012, 07:55 PM
When we awake from this reverie, Matt Cassel will be the qb in KC.

But its always fun to dream.

:thumb:

Craqhead
03-21-2012, 07:55 PM

Jack Steadman

Gadzooks
03-21-2012, 07:57 PM

The Chiefs would have had to pick him in the first round, (the Chargers picked him with the first pick in the second round)
He would have played like shit for three years to the point where you'd have the first pick in the draft.
You would have gone for ShEli but daddy Manning might have had something to say about that. Either way you'd have a first round QB, (ShEli/ Rapelisbergur/ Rivers).
Then Brees would set the league on fire for 2 years while your new QB rots on the bench.
Then he'd fuck up his shoulder on the last play of the season in his FA year.
Then he'd take the Saints to a SB win.

milkman
03-21-2012, 07:57 PM
Jack Steadman

:facepalm:

Chiefshrink
03-21-2012, 07:58 PM

Jack Steadman I think?

L.A. Chieffan
03-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Carl fucked up on the Tyson Jackson pick.

milkman
03-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Jack Steadman I think?

Did either of you dumbasses see a question mark in that post?

Gadzooks
03-21-2012, 08:01 PM
If he won us a SB, I'd get over it.

I believe had Brees remained a Charger, they would have won one.

His intangibles, from afar, look better than Rivers.

I disagree. The "afar" bit is too grainy to argue.
Rivers has great intangibles. I also beleive he's got a better arm and his height is an advantage.

Nightfyre
03-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Rivers has great intangibles. I also beleive he's got a better arm and his height is an advantage.

Brees is also probably the most accurate QB in the NFL. That might be worth mentioning in this discussion.

Ebolapox
03-21-2012, 08:04 PM
I'd LOVE for this to happen, but it won't. I'd for brady quinn to figure it out like brees did, but we're fucked on that note too.

L.A. Chieffan
03-21-2012, 08:08 PM
I'd LOVE for this to happen, but it won't. I'd for brady quinn to figure it out like brees did, but we're fucked on that note too.

Cassel draws some similarities.

Easy 6
03-21-2012, 08:09 PM
You could knock another two inches off Brees & i'd still take him over rivers.

Gadzooks
03-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Brees is also probably the most accurate QB in the NFL. That might be worth mentioning in this discussion.

He sure as fuck wasen't when he played for the Chargers.
He's a douchebag and a dick!

Gadzooks
You could knock another two inches off Brees & i'd still take him over rivers.

You are a fool. He'd be 5'3"

Nightfyre
He sure as **** wasen't when he played for the Chargers.

Maybe the chargers are just douchebags and dicks?

Gadzooks
03-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Maybe the chargers are just douchebags and dicks?

How do you figure?

L.A. Chieffan
03-21-2012, 08:13 PM
He sure as fuck wasen't when he played for the Chargers.

The similarities are astounding.

Nightfyre
03-21-2012, 08:16 PM
How do you figure?

Well, AJ Smith and Philip Rivers are dicks and douchebags for sure...

Gadzooks
03-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Well, AJ Smith and Philip Rivers are dicks and douchebags for sure...

How do you figure?

Easy 6
03-21-2012, 08:37 PM
You are a fool. He'd be 5'3"

Yeah ok.

BossChief
03-21-2012, 08:43 PM

ROFL

Yeah, when he throws his little hissy fits on the sideline...or when he self destructs and acts like a bitch I always think:

"Damn, look at this guys intangibles!"

I really like him as a player, but its not due to his intangibles.

kaplin42
03-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Without even thinking twice

Fucking A this. and then laugh as we destroyed the division.

Chiefshrink
03-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Did either of you dumbasses see a question mark in that post?

I just thought it was a typo until I went back through the thread where now you used part of sentence to say that King Carl drafted Blacksludge if I am reading it correctly.

King Carl wasn't around in 83. He came in with Marty in 89.

milkman
03-21-2012, 09:47 PM
I just thought it was a typo until I went back through the thread where now you used part of sentence to say that King Carl drafted Blacksludge if I am reading it correctly.

King Carl wasn't around in 83. He came in with Marty in 89.

You've been a member here since '02, and you have no clue, do you?

Gadzooks
03-21-2012, 09:52 PM
ROFL

Yeah, when he throws his little hissy fits on the sideline...or when he self destructs and acts like a bitch I always think:

"Damn, look at this guys intangibles!"

I really like him as a player, but its not due to his intangibles.

That’s called “fiery leadership”. As a Chief fan, you wouldn’t recognize what it looks like.

BossChief
03-21-2012, 10:12 PM
That’s called “fiery leadership”. As a Chief fan, you wouldn’t recognize what it looks like.

Throwing a temper tantrum isn't "fiery leadership".

His team has consistently had enough talent to win a superbowl with and under his watch they haven't won shit and they look like a team that could draft in the top ten for half the year, too.

If he had good intangibles, that shit would'nt happen.

Gadzooks
03-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Throwing a temper tantrum isn't "fiery leadership".

Temper tantrum? I'm sure not which action you're referring to, but, I do know he doesn't do things half assed like a certain other QB in the same division.:hmmm:

His team has consistently had enough talent to win a superbowl with and under his watch they haven't won shit and they look like a team that could draft in the top ten for half the year, too.
Which is it? Are you saying Rivers brings a SB worthy team down to a level where they would be picking in the top ten? Even Milkman would say you're a dumbass with this kind of weak sauce. Try again.

Dave Lane
03-21-2012, 11:10 PM
Naw that was King Carl.

Still Pioli's fault though

Dave Lane
03-21-2012, 11:13 PM
You've been a member here since '02, and you have no clue, do you?

He couldn't buy one with 100 billion dollars.

Raiderhater
03-21-2012, 11:57 PM
I'd take Brees over Manning all day long.

But it's a pipe dream.

ChiefFripp
03-22-2012, 07:32 AM
I'd trade away the entire draft for Brees.

InChiefsHeaven
03-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Not only yes but hell muthafuggin' yes. Not gonna happen though.

farmerchief
03-22-2012, 07:49 AM
AFC west would be the division of QB's,
Rivers
Manning
Brees
Palmer

O.city
03-22-2012, 07:54 AM
If he is pissed enough that he won't resign with the Saints, do it.

However, there is no way they let him get away. Unless this is really a death penalty that is gonna rock them for years.

philfree
03-22-2012, 08:06 AM

However, there is no way they let him get away. Unless this is really a death penalty that is gonna rock them for years.

Losing the HC/OC is just brutal. Heck will they even have Peyton come back and coach when his suspension is up? I mean pretty much allowed this shit storm to happen on his watch. Will Brees want to play for the new HC?

So does spending a $100mil on Brees make sense for the Saints at this point? They're probably not going to be in a position to make a post season run for a few years so they might be better starting a rebuild. Trade Brees to make up for the lost draft picks and start over.

buddha
03-22-2012, 08:11 AM
It has no chance of happening...why waste time talking about something that will never happen?

InChiefsHeaven
03-22-2012, 08:39 AM
It has no chance of happening...why waste time talking about something that will never happen?

Welcome to the Planet, where dreams ARE reality!

philfree
03-22-2012, 08:40 AM

haha Why waste time?

Pasta Little Brioni
03-22-2012, 08:56 AM

Move on.

Nothing to see here.

EXACTLY. Gonna be a loooooooong ass 6 months.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-22-2012, 08:57 AM
In what world would a team gladly hand over one of the top 3 QBs in the game for Cassel and a couple 1sts ROFL

King_Chief_Fan
03-22-2012, 09:15 AM

You give Saints...Cassel/Quinn/Stanzi/ first round this year and next.

Are we good to go?

Pasta Little Brioni
03-22-2012, 09:17 AM
I guess if they want the dudes with bags over thier heads back and an empty stadium they make the deal, but other than that...

Easy 6
03-22-2012, 10:20 AM

COMPLETELY blowing your top every other game, kicking & throwing shit around... thats NOT leadership.

I CANT HANDLE IT GUYS!!!

O.city
03-22-2012, 10:22 AM
I would definately make a call to the Saints.

But I don't see them compounding their mistake with an even bigger one.

Simply Red
04-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Drew Brees

Sorter
04-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Would you all be in favor of transforming Arrowhead into a dome?

beach tribe
04-25-2012, 05:52 PM

Move on.

Nothing to see here.

That sucks. i'd give up an entire draft ++ for him. this team could go undefeated with Brees.

Simply Red
04-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Would you all be in favor of transforming Arrowhead into a dome?

Drew Brees

Rausch
04-25-2012, 06:08 PM
That sucks. i'd give up an entire draft ++ for him. this team could go undefeated with Brees.

Let's not get silly.

I think we'd finally win a playoff game though...

Simply Red
04-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Let's not get silly.

I think we'd finally win a playoff game though...

Drew Brees, Brad

Simply Red
04-25-2012, 06:16 PM
I like calling you that, it makes me feel like an original CP poster from Aug. 2000

Rausch
04-25-2012, 06:21 PM
I like calling you that, it makes me feel like an original CP poster from Aug. 2000

I'm glad.

Makes me feel like the rich jerk from some 80's teen comedy...:evil:

KCBOSS1
04-25-2012, 06:27 PM
there's not a QB in the league or in college that I would rather have than Brees. We could've had him when he left SD, but everybody was afraid of his shoulder. Actually, I was too. Not happening though. I think he's pretty upset about the franchise deal. It could possibly free him up for next year.

Simply Red
04-25-2012, 06:32 PM
I think he's pretty upset about the franchise deal. It could possibly free him up for next year.

is it even possible under NFL rules of engagement, or whatever??? You know, in relationship to his NO's commitments?