PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs No thread about Belcher?

suzzer99
03-23-2012, 01:32 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/03/22/3507483/chiefs-sign-belcher-visit-with.html

After devoting the first several days of free agency to their offense, the Chiefs turned their attention to the other side of the ball Thursday.

Starting inside linebacker Jovan Belcher, a restricted free agent, signed a one-year contract with the Chiefs worth $1.927 million. Belcher started all 16 games for the Chiefs last season and was second on the team behind Derrick Johnson in tackles.

I'm pretty excited about this. I mean maybe you could do a little better. But you can't have an all-pro at every position. And there is definitely something to be said for a guy who knows the system, feels comfortable with his teammates, doesn't have to think just react (esp. for a linebacker) etc. I think the upside of who we could get over Belcher isn't that big, and the downside is substantial. I'll take Belcher any day over the Demarrio Williams/Napoleon Harris/random scrub parade.

Exoter175
03-23-2012, 01:33 AM
There was one earlier, no idea where it went. Nevertheless, yay for Belcher. Love the guy.

suzzer99
03-23-2012, 01:37 AM
I searched 2 pages for it. Guess it fell further :(

ChiefGator
03-23-2012, 04:20 AM
Hopefully they can sign him to a inexpensive extension during the year. He is a good role player.