PDA

View Full Version : Misc Which catastrophe would you rather happen in youryuorour lifetime?

ChiefFripp
03-23-2012, 04:10 AM
Okay,so ofcourse nobody would want to live through any of these options, but if you had to choose one which global disaster would you most want to live through?

Fritz88
03-23-2012, 04:13 AM
See Cassel QB my team.

ChiefGator
03-23-2012, 04:15 AM
See Cassel QB my team.

:bravo:

ChiefFripp
03-23-2012, 04:23 AM
Wow, title mess up!

bevischief
03-23-2012, 06:59 AM
Where the hell is the super flu and Gaz options? Poll fail.

blaise
03-23-2012, 07:03 AM
Zombie apocalypse seems like the most fun.

Predarat
03-23-2012, 07:05 AM
My favorite is Alien Invasion, without the probing. Coming in 2nd is Biblical End Times.

mlyonsd
03-23-2012, 07:06 AM
See Cassel QB my team.I assumed that's what he meant with the Zombie Apocalypse option.

Dave Lane
03-23-2012, 07:44 AM
Zombie shooting would be awesome and I have several secret rooms in my house

rockymtnchief
03-23-2012, 07:51 AM
Definitely zombies. Bullets can't fight off alien ships, disease or nuclear fallout.

Definitely zombies. I can't outrun alien ships, disease or nuclear fallout.

Molitoth
03-23-2012, 07:53 AM
I would die a happy person knowing that Aliens do exist.

loochy
03-23-2012, 07:55 AM
I'll go with Mass Infertilization. It doesn't result in suffering and it ensures that there aren't any annoying little kids around. I'll get to live out my days in peace.

Bwana
03-23-2012, 08:00 AM
Bring on the Zombie Apocalypse.

http://thebadgerine.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/zombies.jpg

ReynardMuldrake
03-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Nuclear War: Holy crap that was a bright light! Cannibals!
Alien Invasion:"Human Scum #758,596,996,7474 ,Line up for your probing!"
Race War: "Kill The White Devil...except the women!"
Mass Infertilization: "last one alive, remember to turn out the lights"
Zombie Apocalypse: "Brains"
Biblical End Times(Judgement Day(s)): "Is that a trumpet I hear? Satan!"

So my choices are:

Fallout War of the Worlds Turner Diaries Children of Men World War Z, and Left Behind?

I would go with Fallout. I've always wanted to roam the wasteland.

Frazod
03-23-2012, 08:27 AM

WOOHOO :bang:

gblowfish
03-23-2012, 08:28 AM
You forgot "Kansas wins the tournament." I've already seen that one before. It's bad. Really really bad...

Whoarethechefs
03-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Alien invasion, I'm optimistic about the probe =)

Chiefshrink
03-23-2012, 08:32 AM

Nothing like 'target shooting':thumb:

lcarus
03-23-2012, 08:40 AM
I wouldn't mind a zombie apocalypse at all compared to the other options. Most of us would be at least somewhat prepared for all situations thanks to movies, tv, and video games. Plus I wouldn't have go to work...

Rain Man
03-23-2012, 08:50 AM
Everyone is stepping on eggshells around the race war.

KC_Lee
03-23-2012, 09:01 AM

I voted for it. Time to get all the pent up anger between the races. Let's just get it out of our systems, beat the hell out of each other and move one.

Black vs. White vs. Hispanic vs. Asian vs. Arab in a Royal Rumble type thrown down.

blaise
03-23-2012, 09:03 AM

It would interfere with our sports enjoyment too much.

Rain Man
03-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Okay, here's the deal.

Nuclear apocalypse. This is the worst-case scenario. First, there's a good chance that you're going to be dead within the first hour. If you survive that, you're going to be sick a lot, and the food supply is going to be poisoned and nothing's going to grow for a while. The survivors will be fighting for food and it's going to be unpleasant. Rank: 6

Alien invasion. Will it be interesting? Sure. Will it be enlightening? Sure. Do you have any chance of coming out of this in a positive manner? No. If the aliens are here, they're way more advanced than we are. Worst case they just nuke us from orbit. Second-worst case they come in, study us, and make us salt-mine slaves on the scorpion world of Xyorn-3. There is no positive outcome other than maybe seeing Xyorn-3. Rank: 4.

Race war. I'm assuming this is race and not nationality. Therefore, this answer depends on your race, I guess. If you're in America and you're not white, you're screwed. You're outnumbered. By the time your Chinese or Zimbabwean or Aboriginal allies arrive, you're dead at the hands of some North Dakota farmer. If you're white, yeah, you have to kill your minority friends, but other than a few strongholds like Detroit and the Bronx and maybe some Navajo reservations in Arizona, you're going to win. (Which brings up the question of whether it's also an ethnic war - do whites and Hispanics fight, too? If so, Texas, Miami, and southern California would get bloody.) The only downside of this is whether it also becomes a nuclear war due to the Chinese, but my assumption is not. Rank: 2.

Mass infertilization: While this seems like it would be a graceful failure, I think it wouldn't. With all of the other things, there's an assumption of some long-term redemption. With this, there's not. If people are no longer building toward the future, I think you get a lot more selfish behavior. People will do their own thing, spend all of their money, government will go haywire, and all sorts of stuff. Even so, I think you have lots of planning time available, so perhaps reason could rule. You just don't want to be around at the end when it's nothing but Alzheimer's people running around, which would more or less resemble the zombie apocalypse but you'd be aiming at hips more. Rank: 1

Zombie apocalypse. It really depends on whether it's the zombies that stop when you shoot them or the ones where the pieces keep advancing. If it's the latter, this is a really bad one. If it's the former, I think humanity wins pretty easily. Slow, dimwitted opponents? Maybe they take over Afghanistan and some of those equatorial African nations, but not a big deal. However, there's still some risk. Rank: 3

Biblical End Times: This is a tough one. Do non-religious people just stay on earth and convert the churches to gyms and community centers? Or do we get sent to fiery hell? I'm not very well read on the subject. And is this just the Christians who go? If it's all religious people we could get all of the Middle East problems solved really quick and convert it to sheep and goat pastures, and the world would be much better off. But if we go to the fiery hell, or if all the Christians leave and we still have to deal with the Middle East, it wouldn't be good. Not to mention having to admit I'm wrong about religion regardless of the outcome. This one is risky. Rank: 5.

ChiefFripp
03-23-2012, 03:03 PM
People seem to like Zombies.

HemiEd
03-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Where is the "none of the above" option. None of them sound very appealing to me.

listopencil
03-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Does the thread title imply that I will get three lifetimes?

DJ's left nut
03-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Is this a contest?

Zombie apocalypse in a walk. None of the other options have even the slightest potential of being enjoyable. Zombie apocalypse, OTOH, could be highly entertaining for a couple of days, until a zombie rodent scratches me or something.

In the meantime, however, going to town on a bunch of slow-moving undead with an AR-15 would be a freakin' blast.

Frazod
03-23-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm within three miles of FermiLab. If it's nuclear war, I'm done. And I'm good with that.

Anything else, I'll at least have a chance to fight back. If I'm going down, I'm taking a few with me.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-23-2012, 03:32 PM
I won't lie, Contagion freaked me out a little.

Munson
03-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Zombie Apocalypse

I'd feel right at home killing zombies, just like "Tallahassee" in Zombieland.

J Diddy
03-23-2012, 04:04 PM
I'm within three miles of FermiLab. If it's nuclear war, I'm done. And I'm good with that.

Anything else, I'll at least have a chance to fight back. If I'm going down, I'm taking a few with me.

I'm with you. I'd rather deal with aliens though. Fucking zombies creep me out.

J Diddy
03-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Zombie Apocalypse

I'd feel right at home killing zombies, just like "Tallahassee" in Zombieland.

"When I die bury me under that tree with my hang glider. That way when the zombie apocalypse comes I can rain down death from above."

--Grandpa on the squidbillies

Dave Lane
03-23-2012, 04:19 PM
You forgot "Kansas wins the tournament." I've already seen that one before. It's bad. Really really bad...

Its the next best thing to the Chiefs winning the Superbowl!!

Gadzooks
03-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Okay, here's the deal.
Mass infertilization: While this seems like it would be a graceful failure, I think it wouldn't. With all of the other things, there's an assumption of some long-term redemption. With this, there's not. If people are no longer building toward the future, I think you get a lot more selfish behavior. People will do their own thing, spend all of their money, government will go haywire, and all sorts of stuff. Even so, I think you have lots of planning time available, so perhaps reason could rule. You just don't want to be around at the end when it's nothing but Alzheimer's people running around, which would more or less resemble the zombie apocalypse but you'd be aiming at hips more. Rank: 1

This is the obvious choice. Despite the fact that we don't have a "Mass infertilization", it seems the behavior you predict is already happening.
Off to DC!:D

Hammock Parties
03-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Mass infertilization would rock. Too many people already.

Hammock Parties
03-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Just think of all the hot fucking bitches will be up for in the case of mass infertility.

ChiefFripp
03-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Just think of all the hot ****ing bitches will be up for in the case of mass infertility.

I'd think anyone with "Satanic Goat" as a handle would go for the End Times option.

Buck
03-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Though Zombies may seem like the easiest to deal with, there is the chance you'd need to put a bullet through your undead Mom, Dad, Brother, Sisters, Son, or Daughter's brain.

Could you do it?