PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Can the Chiefs win with Matt Cassel?

DRU
03-23-2012, 06:42 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d827d40c5/Can-the-Chiefs-win-with-Cassel

He's right about the "aauughhgghahh"

The Bad Guy
03-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Finally someone in the media who won't blow smoke about Cassel and how bad he sucks.

stonedstooge
03-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Win what?

durtyrute
03-23-2012, 06:55 PM
yes

MIAdragon
03-23-2012, 06:58 PM
yes

no

DRU
03-23-2012, 06:59 PM
maybe so

Epic Fail 007
03-23-2012, 07:01 PM
ROFL THAT WAS FUNNY

threebag
03-23-2012, 07:02 PM
It will take 52 of the greatest athletes in the world to compensate for The One Matt Cassel.

durtyrute
no

They have and will again. I can't continue to hate the starting qb for the only team that I follow in any sport. If he is the one then fuck it......LET'S ROLL. For those that don't like it.....

http://files.sharenator.com/get_the_fuck_out_inline_Awkward-s450x674-110254-535.jpg

Pablo
No.

/thread

Cannibal
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d827d40c5/Can-the-Chiefs-win-with-Cassel

He's right about the "aauughhgghahh"

HAHA. That was the best of analysis of Cassel ever. So true.

BigMeatballDave
03-23-2012, 07:04 PM
I fucking hate NFLN for watching videos.

None of their shit can be watched on mobile.

prhom
03-23-2012, 07:09 PM
I say no, but we get a fresh take on offense this year. We have a new OC, new HC, and a longer offseason to practice. When Cassel stops worrying so much about not screwing up he's tolerable to watch. I'm talking last years Colts game and the Seattle game in 2010. Those were his best games as a Chief, but even then those were against a really bad team and a team that won its division with a losing record. I realize we're stuck with him so I hope he'll show a little mastery of the position, but I'm not holding my breath.

Epic Fail 007
03-23-2012, 07:15 PM
They have and will again. I can't continue to hate the starting qb for the only team that I follow in any sport. If he is the one then **** it......LET'S ROLL. For those that don't like it.....

http://files.sharenator.com/get_the_****_out_inline_Awkward-s450x674-110254-535.jpg

I agree. I followed the team from bono to grbac. Now I might not like the qb choice but no matter who the qb is I always follow my team. The qb will not determine if im a fan. Thats just stupid.

Tombstone RJ
03-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Dukes can't pick on the Broncos any more so he's chosen kc to pick on. Guarantee you all IF Tebow was still the QB of the Broncos, he'd tell everyone that Cassel is king of QBs compared to TT.

Dukes is a moron. I'm not saying Cassel is great or anything, but I would not take Dukes opinion over say, a pile of crap.

Cannibal
03-23-2012, 07:17 PM
As pointed out in the video, Cassel's best year with the Chiefs was with Charlie Wies as the OC. The biggest reason for that was because Weis viewed Cassel as a hindrance to the offense, so he did "protected" the QB by playing conservative, running the ball alot and using trick plays. This took pressure off of Cassel and allowed him to gain confidence (when nothing was on the line).

With Cassel, the offense will always have to play that way. That is the unfortunate aspect to this. When you need the QB to step up and come from behind when the pressure is the highest, he'll always fold like a cheap suit. That is his biggest problem.

RealSNR
03-23-2012, 07:18 PM
I agree. I followed the team from bono to grbac. Now I might not like the qb choice but no matter who the qb is I always follow my team. The qb will not determine if im a fan. Thats just stupid.It's not a determining factor for any of us either, dipshit. In the end we're all still as dumb as you and will watch Cassel go into the fetal position against tough defenses.

stonedstooge
03-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Can't wait to see Casshole struggling against another teams third string in preseason games.

Hammock Parties
03-23-2012, 07:21 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/16953471.jpg

philfree
03-23-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm not voting because in the end I'm going to be cheering for a Chiefs win. Anything is possible from the 50!

Okie_Apparition
03-23-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm taking the blame from Cassel & Pioli
& laying it at the feet of people showing up for the games
the consumer must own it in year 4

MIAdragon
03-23-2012, 07:24 PM
They have and will again. I can't continue to hate the starting qb for the only team that I follow in any sport. If he is the one then **** it......LET'S ROLL. For those that don't like it.....

http://files.sharenator.com/get_the_****_out_inline_Awkward-s450x674-110254-535.jpg

Im happy for you, still no.

PHOG
No

GloryDayz
LOL....

BigMeatballDave
03-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Dukes can't pick on the Broncos any more so he's chosen kc to pick on. Guarantee you all IF Tebow was still the QB of the Broncos, he'd tell everyone that Cassel is king of QBs compared to TT.

Dukes is a moron. I'm not saying Cassel is great or anything, but I would not take Dukes opinion over say, a pile of crap.

Dukes is correct, Cassel sucks.

BigMeatballDave
03-23-2012, 07:30 PM
As pointed out in the video, Cassel's best year with the Chiefs was with Charlie Wies as the OC. The biggest reason for that was because Weis viewed Cassel as a hindrance to the offense, so he did "protected" the QB by playing conservative, running the ball alot and using trick plays. This took pressure off of Cassel and allowed him to gain confidence (when nothing was on the line).

With Cassel, the offense will always have to play that way. That is the unfortunate aspect to this. When you need the QB to step up and come from behind when the pressure is the highest, he'll always fold like a cheap suit. That is his biggest problem.

Playing shitty teams helped a lot.

whoman69
03-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Cassel has already shown that he can get a team to the playoffs if he plays against lesser teams. He has never beaten a team with 10 wins while in a Chiefs uniform. Scott Pioli needs to figure this stuff out.

PHOG
03-23-2012, 07:32 PM

Well, their is that, we get to play two shittier teams than everyone else?

Cannibal
03-23-2012, 07:33 PM

Our qb is a teenage broad that's on the rag.

Mr. Laz
03-23-2012, 07:33 PM
If Baltimore can win a super bowl with Dilfer then we can win one with Cassel.

The real point is we shouldn't have to try 'and win with Cassel'.

We need to improve that position so that it's a benefit not a question mark.

Extra Point
03-23-2012, 07:40 PM
RAC will channel the spirit of George Allen to put us through this season. We will have to make the best use of our RBs to stand a chance. I'm afraid Cassel will have to be played, cuz' the man got paid.

lewdog
03-23-2012, 07:41 PM
Yea he will win games.....7 or 8. Which isn't what this team should be winning, with even an average QB under center.

BigMeatballDave
03-23-2012, 07:42 PM
If Baltimore can win a super bowl with Dilfer then we can win one with Cassel

How many elite QBs were in the league when the Ravens won?

BigMeatballDave
03-23-2012, 07:48 PM
If everyone is healthy, they could win 11 games.

Doesn't matter much because Shitbag will do what he does best...

jspchief
03-23-2012, 07:48 PM
Baltimore was so pleased with their Superbowl QB that they replaced him the following season.

the Talking Can
03-23-2012, 07:50 PM
chiefs fans will rally around any piece of shit QB

that seems to be more important than actually acquiring a good QB

lewdog
03-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Do some of you dumbasses realize you can still root for the Chiefs and not have to like Cassel? Realizing that this franchise is wasting a very talented roster with a retard QB? Watch the games and like the Chiefs but don't dare say you stand behind Cassel or the management that is planning on playing him.

Nightfyre
03-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Someone should poll Siri with this question and watch the IQ hit she takes as a result.

prhom
03-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Did anyone watch the show on NFLN a few weeks ago about the Redskins run to the Super Bowl with Mark Rypien? It reminded me a lot of Cassel, except they said he could throw the deep ball well but not the short passes. Anyway, I guess he sucked before and after that season, but managed to pull off one good season and won a SB for it. I was too young to know whether there's even any comparison between the two because I never actually saw Rypien play. It gave me a little hope though, because I think you'd be hard pressed to say Rypien was a great franchise QB yet still won.

Nightfyre
03-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Did anyone watch the show on NFLN a few weeks ago about the Redskins run to the Super Bowl with Mark Rypien? It reminded me a lot of Cassel, except they said he could throw the deep ball well but not the short passes. Anyway, I guess he sucked before and after that season, but managed to pull off one good season and won a SB for it. I was too young to know whether there's even any comparison between the two because I never actually saw Rypien play. It gave me a little hope though, because I think you'd be hard pressed to say Rypien was a great franchise QB yet still won.

Oh man, lightning struck once in a completely different era with a completely different team. It could happen again!

chiefzilla1501
03-23-2012, 08:13 PM
Do some of you dumbasses realize you can still root for the Chiefs and not have to like Cassel? Realizing that this franchise is wasting a very talented roster with a retard QB? Watch the games and like the Chiefs but don't dare say you stand behind Cassel or the management that is planning on playing him.

We are put in a weird situation where we know that if the team succeeds in spite of Cassel, dumbs fans will believe we are winning because of Cassel and our front office will breathe a sigh of relief that they don't have to worry about the QB situation another year.

I hate that it's the case. But the only chance we have to win a Super Bowl is for Cassel to be so overwhelmingly bad that RAC/Pioli have no choice but to make a move at QB.

BossChief
03-23-2012, 08:13 PM
Sad that this team with potential to win 13 or 14 games and go deep in the playoffs will probably only win 9 or 10 and be bumped in the first round.

They deserve better, as do us fans.

Epic Fail 007
03-23-2012, 08:18 PM

BINGO I have been sayin that all along cassel reminds me of rypien.

prhom
03-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Oh man, lightning struck once in a completely different era with a completely different team. It could happen again!

Come on man, I'm about as far as you can get from supporting Cassel. However, we can't get rid of him so why not try to find any justification we can to still watch the game? Our chances of winning it all with Cassel are less than nil. I just need some reason to think its not a completely wasted season, and this is the best I can come up with.

KCDC
03-23-2012, 08:25 PM

I watched Rypien that year. I followed the Redskins through that whole era, watching every game. He was a weak QB overall. He had no mobility and his accuracy was suspect. They relied on the Hogs and the running game mostly, with lots of play action. Rypien never really put up great numbers but he had one really good year and otherwise sucked. Doug Williams had a similar good year for the Skins being Superbowl MVP, and then sucked the rest of his career too.

bricks
03-23-2012, 08:26 PM
If Baltimore can win a super bowl with Dilfer then we can win one with Cassel.

The real point is we shouldn't have to try 'and win with Cassel'.

We need to improve that position so that it's a benefit not a question mark.

They won because they had one of the best defenses of all time to make up for the shit they had at QB.

Same thing would have to happen here. We would need one of the best defenses of all time to win a Superbowl with Cassel.

And we are pretty far from that. We have no studs on the Dline. Zero space eaters. I think we would have to get a dominant NT, improve the overall passrush as a team. Our passrushing as a team is okay but not great.

We don't have the field generals to do run an awesome defense either. Derrick Johnson is not Ray Lewis or Mike Singletary. We don't have the coverage units either. Our linebackers suck at coverage, and we would also need better coverage out of our secondary. This means draft another damn good safety to replace Lewis.

One characteristic about the Ravens and Bears defenses was that they had killer instincts. They were nasty and physical. They would Physically beat the shit out of people and punish them game in and out. I don't see that in this chiefs defense. They just don't have that edge.

So all in all, we lack nastiness, a true field general, passrushing and damn good
coverage to be an elite defense. But we do have the conductor though in Romeo.
We just gotta ways to go to be an elite defense to consider us as one of the best of all time.

Nightfyre
03-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Come on man, I'm about as far as you can get from supporting Cassel. However, we can't get rid of him so why not try to find any justification we can to still watch the game? Our chances of winning it all with Cassel are less than nil. I just need some reason to think its not a completely wasted season, and this is the best I can come up with.

I was merely using hyperbole to dismiss your anecdotal evidence. Hope is irrelevant. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Mr. Laz
03-23-2012, 08:32 PM
chiefs fans will rally around any piece of shit QB

that seems to be more important than actually acquiring a good QB
yea, cuz people around here are really rallying behind Cassel.

:facepalm:

prhom
03-23-2012, 08:33 PM
I watched Rypien that year. I followed the Redskins through that whole era, watching every game. He was a weak QB overall. He had no mobility and his accuracy was suspect. They relied on the Hogs and the running game mostly, with lots of play action. Rypien never really put up great numbers but he had one really good year and otherwise sucked. Doug Williams had a similar good year for the Skins being Superbowl MVP, and then sucked the rest of his career too.

Sounds a lot like Cassel to be sure, minus the one good year resulting in a SB.

rico
03-23-2012, 08:35 PM

Rypien and Cassel's celebrations after scoring TD's are eerily similar as well. Has anyone else noticed that? My favorite SI Year Of video is 1992.... I watched it again a couple weeks ago and they had about 5-10 seconds of footage of Rypien celebrating in the SB and my first thought was.... whoa, he's flailing around like Sweet Sassy Cassie Molassy Suckassy.

Tombstone RJ
03-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Dukes is correct, Cassel sucks.

ok fine, but when Cassel drops back nobody screams outloud, scared of what is going to happen--sorry, that's BS.

When Cassel drops back are you worried he's going to throw an INT, or fumble the ball, or take off running and get hit or something--no. That's not Cassel. Instead, when Cassel drops back most people yawn. That's Cassel.

So again, Ducks is full of crap.

BigMeatballDave
03-23-2012, 08:43 PM
ok fine, but when Cassel drops back nobody screams outloud, scared of what is going to happen--sorry, that's BS.

When Cassel drops back are you worried he's going to throw an INT, or fumble the ball, or take off running and get hit or something--no. That's not Cassel. Instead, when Cassel drops back most people yawn. That's Cassel.

No he's not.

Cassel sucks because he's completely ineffective.

He regularly misses open receivers downfield.

Hammock Parties
03-23-2012, 08:43 PM
10 TD and 14 INT in his last 11 games is pretty shitty.

Also like a 55 pct completion percentage and a 65 QB rating.

prhom
03-23-2012, 08:51 PM

You're a bronco fan, you wouldn't understand. Unless you watch a lot of chiefs games you'll be like everyone else and think he's not that bad. It's pretty hard to throw an int on a screen pass, but Cassel did it. You don't see many deep passes hit to crossbar of the goal post, but Cassel did it. He's better than Palko and Jamarcus Russel, I'll give you that much.

tecumseh
03-23-2012, 08:52 PM
I think we can win around him, with defense and a giant ground game. Just pound and punish. He could pull off a two minute on a couple of teams but , no , not against elite teams. He's just holding a seat.

rico
03-23-2012, 08:56 PM
You're a bronco fan, you wouldn't understand. Unless you watch a lot of chiefs games you'll be like everyone else and think he's not that bad. It's pretty hard to throw an int on a screen pass, but Cassel did it. You don't see many deep passes hit to crossbar of the goal post, but Cassel did it. He's better than Palko and Jamarcus Russel, I'll give you that much.

I've always wondered why fans of opposing teams that have played against Cassel-led Chiefs or Pats aren't able to fully recognize Cassel for the turd he is and the only thing I can think of, is they think their team's defense simply played an awesome game against the Chiefs's offense. Pats fans I have no logical explanation for.

prhom
03-23-2012, 09:08 PM
I've always wondered why fans of opposing teams that have played against Cassel-led Chiefs or Pats aren't able to fully recognize Cassel for the turd he is and the only thing I can think of, is they think their team's defense simply played an awesome game against the Chiefs's offense. Pats fans I have no logical explanation for.

It's true, most opposing fans don't see it. Makes me wonder if I'm just as jaded for their QBs?

Simplicity
03-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Yes... You can win in a lot of different ways and the Chiefs have all the different tools to win in different ways. Yes, yes, and yes.... Cassel is not bad enough to cost us much.

With that being said... I really want Stanzi to play and Cassel to never step foot on the field next year.

Bump
03-23-2012, 09:16 PM
A playoff game? never

But our roster is good enough that we will be able to win despite of Matt Cassel.

BIG K
03-23-2012, 09:20 PM
I think we can win around him, with defense and a giant ground game. Just pound and punish. He could pull off a two minute on a couple of teams but , no , not against elite teams. He's just holding a seat.

Here lies the problem. Piolieo has attempted to build an awesome offense around #7 to cover up said numbers inability to play the position of QB. He has also attempted to build an awesome defense to cover up said numbers inability to play the position of QB.

Though I am pleased overall at the attempt to improve the team overall, it still really just is an attempt to help #7. One can argue that it is stupid not to improve the team if given the chance.

That being said however, a good QB can carry a team that is deficient in some areas. That is not the case here. The Chiefs need to build to assist #7 to make him average......

Simplicity
03-23-2012, 09:21 PM
I never really liked Cassel. But I've seen enough... I'm standing behind my qb because I fully believe it is not just one person that loses a game. Even if QB is a "important" position. The OL have to BLOCK for him to pass. The WRs have to CATCH for him to complete passes. The DEFENSE has to STOP for him to be successful. The RB has to setup for him to be SUCCESSFUL. There are 52 other players that have "important" roles also.

It's stupid to blame one guy for every loss. Stupid.

We have talented, young players that can make plays and can flat out score... We can win.

Bump
03-23-2012, 09:24 PM
I never really liked Cassel. But I've seen enough... I'm standing behind my qb because I fully believe it is not just one person that loses a game. Even if QB is a "important" position. The OL have to BLOCK for him to pass. The WRs have to CATCH for him to complete passes. The DEFENSE has to STOP for him to be successful. The RB has to setup for him to be SUCCESSFUL. There are 52 other players that have "important" roles also.

We have talented, young players that can make plays and can flat out score... We can win.

neg rep ROFL

kcxiv
03-23-2012, 09:29 PM
BINGO I have been sayin that all along cassel reminds me of rypien.

Fuck no he doesnt. Rypien had a cannon for an arm. Cassel has Damon Huards arm. Dont be stupid.

Simplicity
03-23-2012, 09:31 PM
neg rep ROFL

You're so cool... I wish I was as cool as you are.

Bump
03-23-2012, 09:32 PM
You're so cool... I wish I was as cool as you are.

don't get so butt hurt over it now ROFL

Simplicity
03-23-2012, 09:34 PM
don't get so butt hurt over it now ROFL

No... I just wish I was as cool as you are. I don't think you realize how cool you are.

03-23-2012, 09:36 PM

I am so sick of hearing about the line as an excuse from anyone. Orton played behind that same line and MOVED the ball down the field rather than taking 3 and out after 3 and out. The problem is QB. nothing more, nothing less.

Also, in order for the D to be successful, the QB HAS to keep them OFF the field. Something Cassel could not do at all last year.

RealSNR
03-23-2012, 09:40 PM

We have talented, young players that can make plays and can flat out score... We can win.The QB needs to be smart in the pocket when his line DOES block for him. He has to put the ball in a timed position for the WRs to CATCH. He has to set the pace of the offense and convert first downs so the defense can be fresh and STOP opponents. He has to be successful passing the ball so the RB doesn't have to run into 8-man fronts.

Cassel does none of those things.

End of story.

Simplicity
03-23-2012, 09:43 PM
The QB needs to be smart in the pocket when his line DOES block for him. He has to put the ball in a timed position for the WRs to CATCH. He has to set the pace of the offense and convert first downs so the defense can be fresh and STOP opponents. He has to be successful passing the ball so the RB doesn't have to run into 8-man fronts.

Cassel does none of those things.
End of story.

Yup... He never does any of those things... Ever. He has never experienced any of the actions... You are right. Never has he done one of those things...

:clap:

Never... Ever... Never.

RealSNR
03-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Yup... He never does any of those things... Ever. He has never experienced any of the actions... You are right. Never has he done one of those things...

Never... Ever... Never.You're SERIOUSLY satisfied with Cassel's fulfillment of the QB's duties I just lined out?

Okay. I can't convince you to not be retarded. I'll back off. GO CASSEL! GO CHIEFS!

Simplicity
03-23-2012, 09:48 PM
You're SERIOUSLY satisfied with Cassel's fulfillment of the QB's duties I just lined out?

Okay. I can't convince you to not be retarded. I'll back off. GO CASSEL! GO CHIEFS!

Yes sir.

BIG K
03-23-2012, 09:49 PM

This is not pop warner. The QB is the most important position. There is absolutely no question the team overall did better with Orton at the controls. Though I understand your point everyone must do their job, I pretty much think for the most part everyone is doing their part with the ception of #7. This can be argued of course but, with #7 at the helm, numbers are skewed. How may seconds does a tackle need to protect a QB while he makes his progressions?

Would the Chiefs need a better RT with a competent QB? Would the Chief's need more help on the o-line with a better QB? Would the Chiefs need more D-line, Safety, LB, RB, FB, TE and WR help with a competent QB?

Probably not...

Simplicity
03-23-2012, 09:49 PM
You're SERIOUSLY satisfied with Cassel's fulfillment of the QB's duties I just lined out?

I'm just trying to say you guys are making him sound a lot worse then he actually his... Using him as a scape goat... It's annoying and repetitive.

03-23-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm just trying to say you guys are making him sound a lot worse then he actually his... Using him as a scape goat... It's annoying and repetitive.

It's hard to make him sound worse than what he is. But he does it well.

Simplicity
03-23-2012, 09:58 PM
It's hard to make him sound worse than what he is. But he does it well.

That's exactly what I'm talking about... Annoying and repetitive. :clap:

Okie_Apparition
03-23-2012, 09:58 PM
3 years is not unreasonable amount of time to give him
a 4th is just taking advantage of a fan bases' loyalty
& you wouldn't let a member of your own family get away with it

Molitoth
03-23-2012, 09:59 PM
Simplicity wtf are you thinking

03-23-2012, 09:59 PM
That's exactly what I'm talking about... Annoying and repetitive. :clap:

Sorry but after 3 years of this shit its hard to say anything else.

RealSNR
03-23-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm just trying to say you guys are making him sound a lot worse then he actually his... Using him as a scape goat... It's annoying and repetitive.Watch the Baltimore playoff game. Tell me if you would take Cassel over any of these guys:

Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Manning
Manning
Cutler
Roethlisberger
Schaub
Rivers
Ryan
Stafford
Hasselbeck
Newton
Romo
Vick
Dalton
Freeman
Smith
Orton
Flacco

I just rattled off 20 guys off the top of my head. You'd rather have Cassel in the playoffs over any of these guys?

BIG K
03-23-2012, 10:04 PM

Scapegoat? Really? He inherited a SB team and still managed to lose when it counted. He inherited a team that had the NFL's best ground game and one of the weakest schedules in the NFL and managed to lose when it counted.

You were not here for this but, many here on the planet questioned his ability even when the Chiefs made the playoffs with him under center...When his life support of a great running game ended, so did he.....

Great, even good QB's in the NFL can help out a team and win when it matters. #7 requires, like you said, for EVERYONE to do their job on offense and defense just to make him average.....

Simplicity
03-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Simplicity wtf are you thinking

I dunno... Tired of just saying "Matt Cassel sucks blah blah get rid of him blah blah..." Obviously it won't happen because Pioli won't let it happen! SO STOP whining about it and deal with it... Pioli doesn't see anything on this site so all the whining is pointless and annoying. Matt Cassel will be our QB next even if you "don't spend another dime on this team"...

BIG K
03-23-2012, 10:06 PM
3 years is not unreasonable amount of time to give him
a 4th is just taking advantage of a fan bases' loyalty
& you wouldn't let a member of your own family get away with it

Exactly! And 63 million later, we should not even be having this conversation.....

03-23-2012, 10:09 PM
I dunno... Tired of just saying "Matt Cassel sucks blah blah get rid of him blah blah..." Obviously it won't happen because Pioli won't let it happen! SO STOP whining about it and deal with it... Pioli doesn't see anything on this site so all the whining is pointless and annoying. Matt Cassel will be our QB next even if you "don't spend another dime on this team"...

Ahhh, so we should just grin and bear it. Fuck that. The fans will continue to make it known to Pioli how we feel about the QB situation. I know people that have canceled their season tickets because of him and have made the organization aware of said reason.

Simplicity
03-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Ahhh, so we should just grin and bear it. **** that. The fans will continue to make it known to Pioli how we feel about the QB situation. I know people that have canceled their season tickets because of him and have made the organization aware of said reason.

and you wanna know what is/will happen? Matt Cassel starting... Go ahead... Quit being a Chiefs fan if you cannot "grin and bear it"... A couple people canceling their tickets isn't going to stop Pioli and his Cassel obsession. If you think any NFL teams actually think about the fans you are fooled.

BIG K
03-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Ahhh, so we should just grin and bear it. **** that. The fans will continue to make it known to Pioli how we feel about the QB situation. I know people that have canceled their season tickets because of him and have made the organization aware of said reason.

Living in California has required me to have Directv. I have had it since 1994, but cancelled it in 2010 for the first time.....Refuse to watch and pay for shit.

If the Chiefs ever dump #7, whether by addition or "camp competition' where he is beat out, I may reconsider. I know my single opinion does not matter to Scott but, I have freed up my weekends because of #7....:D

Simplicity
03-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Living in California has required me to have Directv. I have had it since 1994, but cancelled it in 2010 for the first time.....Refuse to watch and pay for shit.

If the Chiefs ever dump #7, whether by addition or "camp competition' where he is beat out, I may reconsider. I know my single opinion does not matter to Scott but, I have freed up my weekends because of #7....:D

Boom... Exactly. No one cares.

03-23-2012, 10:17 PM
and you wanna know what is/will happen? Matt Cassel starting... Go ahead... Quit being a Chiefs fan if you cannot "grin and bear it"... A couple people canceling their tickets isn't going to stop Pioli and his Cassel obsession. If you think any NFL teams actually think about the fans you are fooled.
OK, so I am not a fan because I think CAssel is shit now? Just because I am a Chiefs fan does NOT make me a Cassel fan or a fan of the front office. I'm sick and tired of seeing shit at QB. We have had two good QBs since Lenny. Joe and Trent. Thats IT.

03-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Boom... Exactly. No one cares.

So he should just shut up then right?

Simplicity
03-23-2012, 10:20 PM
OK, so I am not a fan because I think CAssel is shit now? Just because I am a Chiefs fan does NOT make me a Cassel fan or a fan of the front office. I'm sick and tired of seeing shit at QB. We have had two good QBs since Lenny. Joe and Trent. Thats IT.

You have expressed this numerous times and I'm sure everyone on this forum has seen everyone's rant on Cassel... So is it necessary to keep ranting on him over the same old boring shit you guys bring to the table?

rico
03-23-2012, 10:21 PM

Rich...but that's it after those 3 IMO.

Okie_Apparition
03-23-2012, 10:21 PM
You can love America & still hold your congressman's feet to the fire

Simplicity
03-23-2012, 10:22 PM
So he should just shut up then right?

Pioli doesn't care what 1 or 4 or 25 people say or do... Neither does the FO.

Simplicity
03-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Scapegoat? Really? He inherited a SB team and still managed to lose when it counted. He inherited a team that had the NFL's best ground game and one of the weakest schedules in the NFL and managed to lose when it counted.

You were not here for this but, many here on the planet questioned his ability even when the Chiefs made the playoffs with him under center...When his life support of a great running game ended, so did he.....

Great, even good QB's in the NFL can help out a team and win when it matters. #7 requires, like you said, for EVERYONE to do their job on offense and defense just to make him average.....

1. LOL at SB bound team... Stupid.
2. He lost the game? No one else? I'm pretty sure it said KC Chiefs lost not Matt Cassel lost.

and
3. Ravens were a solid team

03-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Rich...but that's it after those 3 IMO.
I thought about including him but he didn't put in many games with us.
Screw with his bottom line and they will.

Groves
03-23-2012, 10:28 PM
I've never had a greater hope for a training camp injury as I do this season.

Can we bring in some colorblind desperate-to-impress-the-coaches D-linemen and LBs to up our chances?

Agent V
03-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Finally someone in the media who won't blow smoke about Cassel and how bad he sucks.

Amen. Have you heard Rich Gannon and Adam Shine talk about Cassel? Two-hundred bucks and my left nut says they haven't WATCHED a Cassel-led Chiefs game save for the Monday Night one.

Simplicity
03-23-2012, 10:29 PM
BOTTOM LINE... What I'm getting at is do we really need to see the same old rant shit that we see time after time after time after time on this forum....? Pioli doesn't see this forum, he doesn't care. Deal with it and stop whining.... CASSEL 2012.
Night.

Agent V
03-23-2012, 10:31 PM
BOTTOM LINE... What I'm getting at is do we really need to see the same old rant shit that we see time after time after time after time on this forum....? Pioli doesn't see this forum, he doesn't care. Deal with it and stop whining.... CASSEL 2012.
Night, pimps.
I have to vent somehow, goddammit.

BIG K
03-23-2012, 10:39 PM

You have moved from whether #7 is competent as a staring NFL QB to what the FO thinks about fan loyalty....

Nice! I guess that is what you do when you have lost your point. You cannot establish #7's validity as a NFL QB so you resort to the fact that everyone on this forum opinions does not matter to the Chiefs;

Okay, it never has and never will. That does not mean opinions are incorrect. When the Chiefs go against the opinions of this forum and win superbowls, then the FO opinions will matter.

Until then, they will continue to be the laughing stock of the NFL. And you are treading on territory reserved for trolls for your stupidity....

TrebMaxx
Night.

Maybe you are on the wrong forums. Cassel is shit, that is the consensus of CP. Don't like it? Well...

Night.

Don't you mean CHIEFS 2012. Hmmmmmmmmm

Maybe you are on the wrong forums. Cassel is shit, that is the consensus of CP. Don't like it? Well...

Zactly.

BIG K
03-23-2012, 10:41 PM
2. He lost the game? No one else? I'm pretty sure it said KC Chiefs lost not Matt Cassel lost.

and
3. Ravens were a solid team

You have gone full retard...

Simplicity
03-23-2012, 10:42 PM
You have gone full retard...

Offensive and reported.

TrebMaxx
03-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Offensive and reported.

I think he meant you have gone full dumb ass.

TEX
03-23-2012, 10:44 PM

AMEN!

BIG K
03-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Night.

You should google Cassell and find a site that is devoted to loving his man goo, because it ain't gonna happen here. He is shit as QB and your probabaly the dumbest motherfucker who has ever landed on this site.

Simplicity
03-23-2012, 10:46 PM
You have moved from whether #7 is competent as a staring NFL QB to what the FO thinks about fan loyalty....

Nice! I guess that is what you do when you have lost your point. You cannot establish #7's validity as a NFL QB so you resort to the fact that everyone on this forum opinions does not matter to the Chiefs;

Okay, it never has and never will. That does not mean opinions are incorrect. When the Chiefs go against the opinions of this forum and win superbowls, then the FO opinions will matter.

Until then, they will continue to be the laughing stock of the NFL. And you are treading on territory reserved for trolls for your stupidity....

No you ****ing moron... I HAVE 2 POINTS... Can you read?

Point 1:
I said Matt Cassel isn't as bad as everyone is saying he is.
Point 2:
Regardless the FO doesn't care about fans anyways so it doesn't matter if you think he is decent or shit.

BIG K
03-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Offensive and reported.

dumbass

Simplicity
03-23-2012, 10:49 PM
dumbass

:deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee: You hurt my fweeelllings :(

BIG K
03-23-2012, 10:49 PM

Point 1:
Point 2:
Regardless the FO doesn't care about fans anyways so it doesn't matter if you think he is decent or shit.

Okay, you got two points. Understood them both. Your still a dumbass for posting even one them, let alone both points.....Call the mods dipshit, your still stupid for even posting on this site.....

Simplicity
03-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Okay, you got two points. Understood them both. Your still a dumbass for posting even one them, let alone both points.....Call the mods dipshit, your still stupid for even posting on this site.....

You are right I'm so stupid for posting here... Dang how could I be so stupid? Can you teach me how to be "not stupid"... I mean I'm so stupid and I want to be "not stupid" like you... Can you teach me? Please? I don't want to be stupid anymore!

I posted opinions and you started calling me a dumbass... Oh well... Butthurt, whatever.

Okie_Apparition
03-23-2012, 10:54 PM
A ref has to help Hali off the turf because he wore himself out fighting to get to the QB
deserves better than a 4th year of poop sagging britches

Simplicity
03-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Thus... My rant of the day is now complete unless that moron replies again -.-

BIG K
03-23-2012, 11:06 PM
You are right I'm so stupid for posting here... Dang how could I be so stupid? Can you teach me how to be "not stupid"... I mean I'm so stupid and I want to be "not stupid" like you... Can you teach me? Please? I don't want to be stupid anymore!

I posted opinions and you started calling me a dumbass... Oh well... Butthurt, whatever.

Normaly, I do not stay up late posting, not my style. As you can see from my join date I do not post alot in general. It's even more rare that I engage in an argument. But since my daughter is with a friend tonight, I will indulge in your stupidity for a while.

Once you broke from your argument of how #7 is a awesome QB and turned into a personal attack to everyone on this board because the FO doesn't care what we as fans think, you seperated yourself from your first argument. Which argument would you like to discuss? You, without question, lost your argument and lamentation to the board about your love for #7.

No one here is hearing of it. You then, after realizing your defeat, thrust into the fact that the FO dosen't care what we as a board think. No one here cares.

So what is your beef? Your man goo as a QB sucks or the CP does not care what the FO thinks?

And yes, you are a dumbass without question...

GoHuge
03-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Who knows..........with a Cassel thread (or poll) every fuckin day around here asking the same question or making the same statement (we can't) I'm at the point of indifference. Maybe, maybe not, but he will be the starting QB. Not sure why we need a new thread on the topic every day in March when 90% of people here are already of the opinion he's the worst QB in the NFL...........including back ups. It is what it is and Pioli isn't changing it this year.

Brock
03-23-2012, 11:14 PM

Point 1:
Point 2:

Point 1, he's worse than everyone is saying he is.

Point 2 is idiotic, the FO is going to care when the stadium maintains its half filled status.

Your points are null.

whoman69

Point 1:
Point 2:

No, Matt Cassel isn't as bad as what everyone says he is. He is bad though. He should be a backup QB in this league, just like he was in college. He doesn't have the skillset to beat a quality team. The record speaks for itself. He has never beaten a 10 win team in his entire stay in KC. He has one of the worst YPAs in the league despite lower than average completion numbers. He is averaging less than 200 yards a game since he came to KC. He doesn't put his teamates in the position to succeed.

If you believe in point 2, why are you even posting then?

BIG K
Who knows..........with a Cassel thread (or poll) every ****in day around here asking the same question or making the same statement (we can't) I'm at the point of indifference. Maybe, maybe not, but he will be the starting QB. Not sure why we need a new thread on the topic every day in March when 90% of people here are already of the opinion he's the worst QB in the NFL...........including back ups. It is what it is and Pioli isn't changing it this year.

Whoa! Hold on their partner! Have you spoken with Simplicity before you posted this! :D

RealSNR
03-23-2012, 11:17 PM

and
3. Ravens were a solid teamThe Ravens figured out our run game. When they did, Cassel didn't do shit. In fact, he rolled over and died. Threw picks in our own zone. Our defense stepped up BIG TIME for awhile, and then they couldn't handle it either.

That's not what I call a team loss. Seems like all our players were doing their jobs for the most part. Where did the ball get dropped along the way?

And if you say "offensive line" just save time and go fuck yourself.

BIG K
03-23-2012, 11:17 PM
Thus... My rant of the day is now complete unless that moron replies again -.-

Still here:D

BIG K
03-23-2012, 11:24 PM
The Ravens figured out our run game. When they did, Cassel didn't do shit. In fact, he rolled over and died. Threw picks in our own zone. Our defense stepped up BIG TIME for awhile, and then they couldn't handle it either.

That's not what I call a team loss. Seems like all our players were doing their jobs for the most part. Where did the ball get dropped along the way?

And if you say "offensive line" just save time and go **** yourself.

Nice post! I forgot about that game. Kinda like I said before. Everyone, for the most part has been doing their job cept for #7.....Pos rep!

DonkyPuncher
03-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Watch the Baltimore playoff game. Tell me if you would take Cassel over any of these guys:

Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Manning
Manning
Cutler
Roethlisberger
Schaub
Rivers
Ryan
Stafford
Hasselbeck
Newton
Romo
Vick
Dalton
Freeman
Smith
Orton
Flacco

I just rattled off 20 guys off the top of my head. You'd rather have Cassel in the playoffs over any of these guys?

nope

Chiefspants
03-23-2012, 11:49 PM

Dude, he's only fifteen years old, give him some time, his soul will be crushed soon enough.

(I fondly recall rallying behind the golden arm of Huard when I was fifteen years old. )

BIG K
03-24-2012, 12:11 AM
Dude, he's only fifteen years old, give him some time, his soul will be crushed soon enough.

(I fondly recall rallying behind the golden arm of Huard when I was fifteen years old. )

Bad on my part! Not sure how you found his age but, I will cut him some slack. :hmmm:

Chiefspants
03-24-2012, 12:25 AM
Bad on my part! Not sure how you found his age but, I will cut him some slack. :hmmm:

If he's the member I'm thinking of, I believe he mentioned his age in a royals thread, I must say, I would have never guessed how old he was if he had not disclosed it on the forum.

rico
03-24-2012, 12:46 AM
If he's the member I'm thinking of, I believe he mentioned his age in a royals thread, I must say, I would have never guessed how old he was if he had not disclosed it on the forum.

15... jeez. The first time I ever jerked my Gerkin was when I was 15... and a half. I spent the majority of my time wondering why my unit resembled a hammerhead shark after the 1st time I jerked Mr. Gerkin. As weird as that age was though, I hated Elvis Grbac the entire time and never had any doubt in my negative opinion of him.

Chiefspants
03-24-2012, 12:59 AM
15... jeez. The first time I ever jerked my Gerkin was when I was 15... and a half. I spent the majority of my time wondering why my unit resembled a hammerhead shark after the 1st time I jerked Mr. Gerkin. As weird as that age was though, I hated Elvis Grbac the entire time and never had any doubt in my negative opinion of him.

Oh, even I hated Grbac when I was eight years old, Grbac just possessed a special, groundbreaking type of incompetence that transcended the homervision of even the smallest of children.

I don't know, I suppose I just hoped that Huard would prove everyone wrong during my freshman year of high school. Four years later, I do not possess any similar misguided notions about Matty C, I suppose I just hope he plays just mediocre enough to keep us competitive.

RippedmyFlesh
03-24-2012, 01:00 AM

15 then he needs to go to the coalition like a baseball player does the minors first before you try to piss with the big dogs.

rico
03-24-2012, 02:40 AM
Oh, even I hated Grbac when I was eight years old, Grbac just possessed a special, groundbreaking type of incompetence that transcended the homervision of even the smallest of children.

I don't know, I suppose I just hoped that Huard would prove everyone wrong during my freshman year of high school. Four years later, I do not possess any similar misguided notions about Matty C, I suppose I just hope he plays just mediocre enough to keep us competitive.

Lol, as sad as this sounds, I was more confident in Huard than I am Sweet Cassie Suckassie. I have never been more frustrated as a Chiefs fan as I am now.

TEX
03-24-2012, 09:55 AM
The Chiefs can only beat ,the "have not's" of the NFL with Cassel. When they play the good teams, the QB play is so important, and that's where Matt and the Chiefs fail. No way they take the next step with him starting. They need to be careful that they don't waste much more time with him. The core of the team is ready to win now - the window can close quickly. :shake:

Catt Massel
03-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Matt Cassel just needing time. He may gain strength from moon

L.A. Chieffan
03-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Matt Cassel just needing time. He may gain strength from moon

Brilliant

el borracho
03-24-2012, 11:05 AM
I can't believe there are still people willing to defend Cassel.

tk13
03-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Well, I'll be fair... Tim Tebow just won a playoff game and he can't even throw the football half the time. So I'll say it is possible for Cassel to win a playoff game. There have probably been worse QB's to win single playoff games. Flacco won a playoff game going 4/10 passing once. So it's possible. Cassel hasn't nearly shown the ability to beat 3-4 good teams in a row though to be a Super Bowl caliber QB.

BoneKrusher
03-24-2012, 11:09 AM
I can't believe there are still people willing to defend Cassel.
NEVER happen here.
well, maybe the only way i'll be on board is if he wins a Super Bowl this season.

whoman69
03-24-2012, 11:58 AM
NEVER happen here.
well, maybe the only way i'll be on board is if he wins a Super Bowl this season.

I think you're pretty safely off board then.

BoneKrusher
03-24-2012, 12:00 PM
I think you're pretty safely off board then.

yeah i think i got it covered. :D

whoman69
03-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Brilliant

Are you congratulating your own mult?

J Diddy
03-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Are you congratulating your own mult?

Please tell me that is not true.

Bowser
03-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Simplicitowned

ChiefFripp
03-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Yeah, they can win with him. Can they get a win in the playoffs? I don't know.

aturnis
03-24-2012, 01:54 PM
The Ravens figured out our run game. When they did, Cassel didn't do shit. In fact, he rolled over and died. Threw picks in our own zone. Our defense stepped up BIG TIME for awhile, and then they couldn't handle it either.

And if you say "offensive line" just save time and go **** yourself.

The Ravens DID NOT figure out our run game. KC was running at will and completely ABANDONED the run. It was ridiculous.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-24-2012, 02:01 PM
The Ravens DID NOT figure out our run game. KC was running at will and completely ABANDONED the run. It was ridiculous.

It was going good till that fat fuck Cody belly flopped on Charles, injuring him and causing the game changing fumble.

Crush
03-24-2012, 02:25 PM
3-12 in playoff games since Super Bowl IV. Fuck Simplicity and the rest of the true fans. We will bitch and moan about Cassel. Deal with it.

Crush
03-24-2012, 02:25 PM

Go fuck yourself.

J Diddy
03-24-2012, 02:29 PM
3-12 in playoff games since Super Bowl IV. **** Simplicity and the rest of the true fans. We will bitch and moan about Cassel. Deal with it.

"You're in more dire need of a blow job than any white man in history!"

Let me know how that's treating you. :thumb:

BoneKrusher
03-24-2012, 02:32 PM
3-12 in playoff games since Super Bowl IV. **** Simplicity and the rest of the true fans. We will bitch and moan about Cassel. Deal with it.

i hear ya man.
they bitch about all the Cassel Hate post, yet they can deal with the playoff drought in KC which is mainly caused by all the sorry ass QB's kc keeps signing.

Trent Green, was he only QB who was worth a fuck since Montana retired in 94.

they should get with the program.

BossChief
03-24-2012, 02:33 PM
If Cassel is this teams starter (and he will be) and the stands are more than half full, this fanbase deserves him.

Crush
03-24-2012, 02:39 PM
"You're in more dire need of a blow job than any white man in history!"

Let me know how that's treating you. :thumb:

You're fucking delusional if you think the fans of this mediocre franchise do not deserve vent. Maybe Chiefs Coalition or Warpaint is more up your alley.

Crush
03-24-2012, 02:40 PM
i hear ya man.
they bitch about all the Cassel Hate post, yet they can deal with the playoff drought in KC which is mainly caused by all the sorry ass QB's kc keeps signing.

Trent Green, was he only QB who was worth a fuck since Montana retired in 94.

they should get with the program.

It is just frustrating. This team has all the pieces to make a serious run. We just need a fucking QB that can throw farther than 10 yards.

Crush
03-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Actually, I take that back. This franchise is not mediocre, it is fucking pathetic I can't wait until we draft a fucking guard in the first round. I wonder what the excuse will be when Cassel shits himself behind the "new and improved" offensive line.

BoneKrusher
03-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Actually, I take that back. This franchise is not mediocre, it is ****ing pathetic I can't wait until we draft a ****ing guard in the first round. I wonder what the excuse will be when Cassel shits himself behind the "new and improved" offensive line.

and he Will shit himself.

SnakeXJones
03-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Though it sounds like a question to a magic 8-Ball let met try it out(on my very own one)...
Update: It laughed at me

aturnis
03-24-2012, 03:03 PM

So if you're in your early 20's, I guess the old guy in your avatar isn't you. Which brings up the question, "Why do you have a picture of a shirtless old guy in his boxers as your avatar"?

crazycoffey
03-24-2012, 03:40 PM
better question, can the Chiefs win with Quinn or Stanzi, and can the Chiefs Trade Cassel for a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich?

BigMeatballDave
03-24-2012, 03:55 PM
better question, can the Chiefs win with Quinn or Stanzi, and can the Chiefs Trade Cassel for a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich?

Does it have to be fried?

Tribal Warfare
03-24-2012, 04:14 PM

I disagree when Jamaal was steamrolled by Cody that's when shit took a dive. Charles was dinged up by the 380 pound blob, which fucked him up the rest of the game.

warpaint*
03-24-2012, 06:27 PM
It will take 52 of the greatest athletes in the world to compensate for The One Matt Cassel.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ya exactly. Of course they caaan, it's just really really hard and there's slim to no margin for error.

Trying to do so is a terrible idea unless you have no other choice.

Noss
03-24-2012, 06:28 PM
Not only no but hell no! Matt Casshole sucks.

evolve27
03-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Actually, I take that back. This franchise is not mediocre, it is ****ing pathetic I can't wait until we draft a ****ing guard in the first round. I wonder what the excuse will be when Cassel shits himself behind the "new and improved" offensive line.

All the pieces around Sackell should elevate his game.

htismaqe
03-26-2012, 03:35 PM
I laughed my ass off when I saw it on NFLN. ****ing classic.

Bewbies
03-26-2012, 03:37 PM

Me too. Only because I feel the exact same way each time he drops back. :deevee:

BoneKrusher
03-26-2012, 04:46 PM

haha same here.
Jamie must frequent the CP ROFL

rico
03-26-2012, 06:06 PM
Some of the comments on the video are :spock:. I am so sick of people defending Cassel with the emphasis of their argument being, "he made the Pro Bowl in 2010."

Rausch
03-26-2012, 06:10 PM
I think we could win a lot of games with him during the regular season.

Won't win a postseason game with him though...

Chiefnj2
03-27-2012, 03:12 PM
2009 and 2010 the Jets went the AFC Championship game with a great running game, great defense and meh QB play. It looks like KC is copying the Rex Ryan game plan.

htismaqe
03-27-2012, 04:48 PM
I think we could win a lot of games with him during the regular season.

Won't win a postseason game with him though...

Bingo.

htismaqe
03-27-2012, 04:48 PM
2009 and 2010 the Jets went the AFC Championship game with a great running game, great defense and meh QB play. It looks like KC is copying the Rex Ryan game plan.

So good enough to get everybody's hopes up but not good enough to actually get it done. :shake:

Chiefnj2
03-27-2012, 05:39 PM
So good enough to get everybody's hopes up but not good enough to actually get it done. :shake:

I'll take AFC Championship game in 2012.

Rausch
03-27-2012, 05:48 PM
I'll take AFC Championship game in 2012.

No, you'll take 10-6, 2nd place, and then talk about how we overachieved.

J Diddy
03-27-2012, 05:49 PM
All you Cassel bashers can go straight to hell. I'm ordering his jersey right now.

:D

htismaqe
03-27-2012, 05:51 PM
No, you'll take 10-6, 2nd place, and then talk about how we overachieved.

Exactly.

Chronic
03-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Dude sucks... cut ties with stupid already... move on.... dude is nothing but a career backup... Pioli can lick my ass

Mr_Tomahawk
03-27-2012, 07:25 PM
SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏ @SiriusXMNFL
"Matt Cassel is excited and ready to get back to work and play like he did in 2012" #Chiefs Head Coach Romeo Crennel on Late Hits

notorious
03-27-2012, 07:30 PM
This team will win in spite of him.

Simplicity
03-27-2012, 07:32 PM
"Matt Cassel is excited and ready to get back to work and play like he did in 2012" #Chiefs Head Coach Romeo Crennel on Late Hits

Shit.

BossChief
03-27-2012, 08:17 PM
"Matt Cassel is excited and ready to get back to work and play like he did in 2012" #Chiefs Head Coach Romeo Crennel on Late HitsI hope he does perform like he did in 2012.

He was injured well before January 1st, 2012 in Denver.

There is only one Cassel is like, thats an injured Cassel.

Absolutely.

Titty Meat
03-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Romeo and Scott are going to put their jobs on the line for this clown?

Crush
03-27-2012, 08:24 PM
I hope he does perform like he did in 2012.

He was injured well before January 1st, 2012 in Denver.

There is only one Cassel is like, thats an injured Cassel.

Absolutely.

I will be praying for a non-lethal career-ending injury in the preseason.

Crush
03-27-2012, 08:25 PM

This

KCwolf
03-27-2012, 08:27 PM

Honestly.....and I hate Cassel....No Matter what he does, it will not be enough

O.city
03-27-2012, 08:29 PM
You know what really sucks?

Look at the 9ers last year. The Chiefs have a similar talent set, not quite there yet tho. However, with this draft class and a healthy team going forward, they could easily do like the 9ers and damn near make the SB.

Imagine the Pioli feelings toward Cassel if he somehow pulled an Alex Smith and got us a couple plays from the SB.

EDIT: I shouldn't say that it would suck, because you knwo AFC CHamp game. But you get my point.

BossChief
03-27-2012, 08:29 PM
I think Cassel is the starter, but that he can play himself out of the position if one of the other guys steps up enough and Cassel hasn't shown vast improvement.

I think there is probably a 70% chance Cassel is the game one starter...but a less than 40% chance he is still the starter by midseason.

I keep saying it over and over....

This is gonna go down like the Bledsoe/Romo situation that Parcells handled.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-27-2012, 08:52 PM
What Castle bumps to on his way into work...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZVUyyHYkBHk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Molitoth
03-27-2012, 09:19 PM
Wtf video

BIG K
03-27-2012, 10:08 PM
I think Cassel is the starter, but that he can play himself out of the position if one of the other guys steps up enough and Cassel hasn't shown vast improvement.

This is of course, that the coaching staff allows one of the the 'other' guys to step up and outplay #7.....History thus far is that the only way #7 play's himself out of the position is by injury...

Hope I am wrong but, it just seems Scott is setteled on #7 as the starter......I of course base this on past history, the moves in FA that indicate a huge running game to support a weak QB, and of course my gut instincts that the Chiefs will never attempt to garner a franchise qb....

Everyone is pointing to next year as the year to grab a QB. Really? We will have a much improved team over last year and somehow, the Chiefs will have a better draft position to grab a qb? I do not get it..Feel free to flame me or share the info on how this is possible...

Anyone who mentions #7 having a pro bowl year, will be automatically placed on my to do list ........:#

Hammock Parties
03-27-2012, 10:15 PM
This is gonna go down like the Bledsoe/Romo situation that Parcells handled.

Bledsoe was the starter for 22 games, not 40.

Pioli is an idiot and is going to drown in a sea of his own shit when the USS Cassel sinks.

Chieftain58
03-27-2012, 10:18 PM
The thing about Cassel is he's never been a leader and ya gotta piss the guy off so much where he finally says "f these people and f this situation I am going to prove them wrong" but He's been paid to much money where he can retire now without having to say that..

BIG K
03-27-2012, 10:42 PM
The thing about Cassel is he's never been a leader and ya gotta piss the guy off so much where he finally says "f these people and f this situation I am going to prove them wrong" but He's been paid to much money where he can retire now without having to say that..

And I wish he would retire without having to say any of that. Problem is, it appears only the fans see his unability to mature as a QB. There is a reason he never started in college behind less than talented QB's.....

Under Scott, the team will be built, as I have said in other posts, to build around #7 in an attempt to diminish his inabilities. Great that the Chiefs attempt to build an awesome defense, running game and special teams but, bad that they have to do to cover up an abortion of a QB...

How many draft picks and FA pick ups are required to make a shit QB look normal? Though the pick ups have been cool, I wonder how many of those draft picks and FA picks would have to occurred if the Chiefs actually had an actual NFL caliber QB......

BossChief
03-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Bledsoe was the starter for 22 games, not 40.

Pioli is an idiot and is going to drown in a sea of his own shit when the USS Cassel sinks.

Bledsoe was Parcells guy from day one.

He drafted him first overall and traded a first round pick for him in Dallas.

Once Romo got to the point where he overtook Bledsoe and Bledsoe held the team back...the change was made and they never looked back.

It's actually eerie because I think Stanzi compares to Romos style more than any other player and Cassel plays like a very old Bledsoe.

Like I've said since last year, Cassel probably makes it to the halftime of the game prior to the bye if he doesnt step it up because that's the best time to make the change.

Not sure if that's the timing Parcells used, but he said in every interview that Drew was his guy till the moment he made the change.

Hammock Parties
03-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Except that Cassel got hurt last year and they didn't even want to put Stanzi in.

Don't give me the "he wasn't ready" bullshit. If you're a smart GM and you can either play Tyler Fucko or get Stanzi some experience, you lay the law down.

Plus, Pioli didn't even TRY to resign Orton. He has never shown any desire to get any real competition for Cassel in here.

Hell, what do you want to bet that Brady Quinn is the #2? :facepalm:

It's a nice theory but I don't see any evidence to support it.

kcxiv
03-27-2012, 11:10 PM

Look at the 9ers last year. The Chiefs have a similar talent set, not quite there yet tho. However, with this draft class and a healthy team going forward, they could easily do like the 9ers and damn near make the SB.

Imagine the Pioli feelings toward Cassel if he somehow pulled an Alex Smith and got us a couple plays from the SB.

EDIT: I shouldn't say that it would suck, because you knwo AFC CHamp game. But you get my point.Ive Imagined it for oever 20 years as a Chiefs fan. Hasnt happend.

kcxiv
03-27-2012, 11:11 PM
Except that Cassel got hurt last year and they didn't even want to put Stanzi in.

Don't give me the "he wasn't ready" bullshit. If you're a smart GM and you can either play Tyler ****o or get Stanzi some experience, you lay the law down.

Plus, Pioli didn't even TRY to resign Orton. He has never shown any desire to get any real competition for Cassel in here.

I think by that time Haley just wanted out of the JOb. I think something happened between Him and Scott and he just said fuck it Tyler here is a few games because yoru never going to play again.

I honestly think Haley didnt give fuck anymore.

Hammock Parties
03-27-2012, 11:15 PM
I think by that time Haley just wanted out of the JOb. I think something happened between Him and Scott and he just said fuck it Tyler here is a few games because yoru never going to play again.

I honestly think Haley didnt give fuck anymore.

That only strengthens my point.

Pioli could have easily laid down the law and said "put Stanzi in."

kcxiv
03-27-2012, 11:17 PM
That only strengthens my point.

Pioli could have easily laid down the law and said "put Stanzi in."

And thats why he got fired imo. Then Romeo couldnt put Stanzi in, he was fighting for a job the next year.

Its just a fucked up situation all around for a fan.

RealSNR
03-28-2012, 12:05 AM
The thing about Cassel is he's never been a leader and ya gotta piss the guy off so much where he finally says "f these people and f this situation I am going to prove them wrong" but He's been paid to much money where he can retire now without having to say that..That's the other thing. True fans talk all about his intangibles and heart and leadership skills.

What leadership skills? It took him 5 years to graduate from USC. Did his time at 3rd string TE really fuck up his school work that much? What the hell was he doing in that time? Is he dumb? Did he switch majors at the last minute, which is a very dumb thing to do? Was he doing some kind of dumb shit like waiting for his girlfriend to graduate so he stuck with the university another goddamned year? A guy like RGIII is a brilliant kid, sure, but why did it only take him 3 years to graduate, get into law school, AND win a Heisman Trophy at the QB position, and it took Matt 5 years to graduate as the backup QB?

I realize that USC is a sexy university with all kinds of babes and Mecca, but there's no fucking reason to stick around longer than you have to. It's the same shit with Matt Leinart. Douchebag should have left after his junior year. He was ready to graduate. But he wanted the extra year of fun happy time. Barkley's now doing the exact same fucking thing.

People are going to rip me for nit-picking on this issue. Whatever. I don't give a shit. It's clear that Matt lacks leadership skills in big games, and this might be a problem going back a long time ago. You can only try so hard and play above your initial expectations so much before you have to actually possess the testicles. I don't think Matt's are big enough.

jspchief
03-28-2012, 12:22 AM
I will be praying for a non-lethal career-ending injury in the preseason.

I'm not willing to rule out lethal.

jspchief
03-28-2012, 12:25 AM
That's the other thing. True fans talk all about his intangibles and heart and leadership skills.

What leadership skills? It took him 5 years to graduate from USC. Did his time at 3rd string TE really fuck up his school work that much? What the hell was he doing in that time? Is he dumb? Did he switch majors at the last minute, which is a very dumb thing to do? Was he doing some kind of dumb shit like waiting for his girlfriend to graduate so he stuck with the university another goddamned year? A guy like RGIII is a brilliant kid, sure, but why did it only take him 3 years to graduate, get into law school, AND win a Heisman Trophy at the QB position, and it took Matt 5 years to graduate as the backup QB?
I think he was holding out for Carroll to miss on a QB recruit or for an injury so he could say he started at least 1 game in college.

03-28-2012, 02:02 AM

JFC

Taco John
03-28-2012, 02:50 AM

That's some quality trolling by whoever runs the SiriusXM NFL Radio twitter channel.

htismaqe
03-28-2012, 07:45 AM

Don't give me the "he wasn't ready" bullshit. If you're a smart GM and you can either play Tyler ****o or get Stanzi some experience, you lay the law down.

ChiefsCountry
03-28-2012, 07:51 AM
That's the other thing. True fans talk all about his intangibles and heart and leadership skills.

I realize that USC is a sexy university with all kinds of babes and Mecca, but there's no fucking reason to stick around longer than you have to. It's the same shit with Matt Leinart. Douchebag should have left after his junior year. He was ready to graduate. But he wanted the extra year of fun happy time. Barkley's now doing the exact same fucking thing.

People are going to rip me for nit-picking on this issue. Whatever. I don't give a shit. It's clear that Matt lacks leadership skills in big games, and this might be a problem going back a long time ago. You can only try so hard and play above your initial expectations so much before you have to actually possess the testicles. I don't think Matt's are big enough.

Sanchez got out after 4.
Posted via Mobile Device

rico
03-28-2012, 08:36 AM

What leadership skills? It took him 5 years to graduate from USC. Did his time at 3rd string TE really **** up his school work that much? What the hell was he doing in that time? Is he dumb? Did he switch majors at the last minute, which is a very dumb thing to do? Was he doing some kind of dumb shit like waiting for his girlfriend to graduate so he stuck with the university another goddamned year? A guy like RGIII is a brilliant kid, sure, but why did it only take him 3 years to graduate, get into law school, AND win a Heisman Trophy at the QB position, and it took Matt 5 years to graduate as the backup QB?

I realize that USC is a sexy university with all kinds of babes and Mecca, but there's no ****ing reason to stick around longer than you have to. It's the same shit with Matt Leinart. Douchebag should have left after his junior year. He was ready to graduate. But he wanted the extra year of fun happy time. Barkley's now doing the exact same ****ing thing.

I agree. Whenever I've been in a situation where a "timid dork" was trying to lead (whether it was in a class project or finish-ups in wrestling practice), all I can do is roll my eyes.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2012, 08:53 AM
Arrowhead Pride ‏ @ArrowheadPride Close
Listened to @mitchholthus on Chiefs Live!. Cassel argument fell flat for me when he argued his '11 TD:INT ratio (11:9) was "pretty good".

Chiefs are pointing to '10 season for what Cassel can do. It's a good point, but you also can't ignore '09 and '11 seasons.

milkman
03-28-2012, 09:21 AM

I don't think you'll get many people who will argue that Sanchez is anything more than a mediocre QB at this point.

However, Sanchez did come through with some big time plays a couple of those playoff wins.

I don't see Cassel coming up big in a playoff situation when he comes up so small in the regular season

EDIT: I shouldn't say that it would suck, because you knwo AFC CHamp game. But you get my point.

Alex Smith made a couple of big time passes against the Saints to get them to that NFC Championship games, passes that Cassel doesn't have the arm or accuracy to make.

RealSNR
03-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Sanchez got out after 4.
Posted via Mobile DeviceMy bad.

At least that's an acceptable number. The dude graduated college. He was done at that level. Good for him.

Coogs
03-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Chiefs are pointing to '10 season for what Cassel can do. It's a good point, but you also can't ignore '09 and '11 seasons.

I don't know if you guys recall this, but last off-season I did some checking on a lot of QB's, and those QB's averaged roughly 14 or so INT's a year. The Mannings, Marinos, Elways of the world. Cassel repeating '10 is highly unlikely IMO.

boogblaster
03-28-2012, 09:35 AM
jfc .. he might win 8 or 9 games .. he's shit .....

Hammock Parties
03-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Listened to @mitchholthus on Chiefs Live!. Cassel argument fell flat for me when he argued his '11 TD:INT ratio (11:9) was "pretty good".

How come no one is talking about his "post-Weis" TD-INT ratio?

10-14

Also, wow @ Arrowhead Pride being critical.

htismaqe
03-28-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't know if you guys recall this, but last off-season I did some checking on a lot of QB's, and those QB's averaged roughly 14 or so INT's a year. The Mannings, Marinos, Elways of the world. Cassel repeating '10 is highly unlikely IMO.

Cassel's stellar TD:INT ratio and his low number of INTs overall is due to the fact that he relies almost exclusively on the short game and the Chiefs limit the number of times he can make a mistake.

The Chiefs overall were 22nd in the league in YPA in 2010 and Cassel himself was a FULL YARD behind the top 12 QBs in the league in YPA in 2010. He was 28th in YPA in 2010 and 30th in net yards per completion.

Hammock Parties
03-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Cassel's stellar TD:INT ratio and his low number of INTs overall is due to the fact that he relies almost exclusively on the short game and the Chiefs limit the number of times he can make a mistake.

The Chiefs overall were 22nd in the league in YPA in 2010 and Cassel himself was a FULL YARD behind the top 12 QBs in the league in YPA in 2010. He was 28th in YPA in 2010 and 30th in net yards per completion.

http://airstre.am/dopamine72/Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

htismaqe
03-28-2012, 03:51 PM
http://airstre.am/dopamine72/Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

Now do you see what I was getting at the other day with the whole 300-yard game thing?

300 yard games in and of themselves mean very little. But the number of ATTEMPTS to get there says it all. Matt Cassel simply CANNOT pass for 300 yards, he'd have to pass the ball nearly 50 times a game.

BossChief
03-28-2012, 04:38 PM
At this point, Pioli KNOWS he has built a roster that could probably go toe to toe with the one he built for his 2008 Patriots.

I have no doubt that team and this one are good enough to win 13 or more games with a good qb.

That's why I keep coming back to the Bledsoe/Romo thing.

If we start out something like 2-4 or something, a change will be made.

I'd be willing to back my words up with a bet on that, too.

I almost guarantee that Scott has asked Bill his opinion on this whole thing and that BP pointed to that situation and how he handled it.

whoman69
03-28-2012, 06:08 PM
At this point, Pioli KNOWS he has built a roster that could probably go toe to toe with the one he built for his 2008 Patriots.

I have no doubt that team and this one are good enough to win 13 or more games with a good qb.

That's why I keep coming back to the Bledsoe/Romo thing.

If we start out something like 2-4 or something, a change will be made.

I'd be willing to back my words up with a bet on that, too.

I almost guarantee that Scott has asked Bill his opinion on this whole thing and that BP pointed to that situation and how he handled it.

I won't believe Cassel will be pulled until it actually happens.