PDA

View Full Version : KU Article arguing in favor of Bill Self for Coach of the Year

03-24-2012, 01:46 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1116256-kansas-jayhawks-bill-self-deserves-ncaa-coach-of-the-year

Since arriving in Lawrence in 2003, Self has taken one of the most historic, tradition-riched and excellent basketball programs to even greater heights. In his nine seasons as the Jayhawks head coach, Self has won 262 games, more than any other college basketball team during that time. The last five seasons alone he has racked up 165 victories, the most wins for a head coach in any five year period in the history of college basketball.

damn

Fritz88
03-24-2012, 01:49 AM
He's well on his way to be a legend.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bane
03-24-2012, 04:25 AM
As a Jayhawk fan I think he's a fucking joke.

03-24-2012, 04:27 AM
As a Jayhawk fan I think he's a ****ing joke.

Please expand on that.

Fritz88
03-24-2012, 05:38 AM

You are out of your fucking element.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bane
03-24-2012, 05:51 AM
Please expand on that.
I simply think the last 2 Jayhawk teams should have played better and advanced farther.I remember Self as coach of Tulsa and Illinois and just don't care for his style or use of players.That's all.Although it's very likely that my standards are just too high.:hmmm:

You are out of your ****ing element.
Posted via Mobile Device

Very possible but I think the guy at plaza that changes my oil could have coached the last 2 Jayhawk teams into the national title game.

Pablo
03-24-2012, 06:18 AM
As a Jayhawk fan I think he's a fucking joke.As a Jayhawk fan I think you're a fucking idiot. I don't care what your reasoning is, you're just fucking dense.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-24-2012, 06:40 AM

That is wierd.

Pablo
03-24-2012, 06:42 AM
That is wierd.I've never heard it before. And for good reason.

Pablo
03-24-2012, 06:44 AM
Bashing HCBS????

LMAO

Who's next?

Mario Chalmers, Danny Manning, Larry Brown????

Pablo
03-24-2012, 06:45 AM
I simply think the last 2 Jayhawk teams should have played better and advanced farther.I remember Self as coach of Tulsa and Illinois and just don't care for his style or use of players.That's all.Although it's very likely that my standards are just too high.:hmmm:

Very possible but I think the guy at plaza that changes my oil could have coached the last 2 Jayhawk teams into the national title game.You don't care for the style that brought KU eight straight Big 12 championships and a NC?

I kind of dig his style. Do you long for the days of Roy-ball where KU could score 100 at ease but didn't want to play any defense?

Dave Lane
03-24-2012, 07:30 AM
Bane's not a bad guy but he's either trolling or completely out of his mind. This team wasn't supposed to do much due to the personnel losses they suffered, but here they are one game away from another final four.

Fritz88
03-24-2012, 07:36 AM
Bane's not a bad guy but he's either trolling or completely out of his mind. This team wasn't supposed to do much due to the personnel losses they suffered, but here they are one game away from another final four.

I think he's trolling.

chiefzilla1501
03-24-2012, 07:58 AM
Self is an incredible coach. One thing about his style is he really prefers defensive players, and I think that's why his teams are inconsistent in the tourney. In the tourney it usually helps to have a hot hand. Right now, they have an offense that's over reliant on tyshawn Taylor because he's the only guy in te high low offense who can drive in. Thomas Robinson is a beast but they ask him yo do a lot because defenses are really crowding the blocks. While I love selfs style, I would like to se him recruit playmakers and pure shooters too. I feel like tourney success often relies on some playmaker. So when another team has a player that gets red hot Kansas often has a tough time matching. I mean Elijah Johnson, teahan, relaford and withey... Those are all adequate scorers at te very best.

DrunkBassGuitar
03-24-2012, 08:42 AM

Who seriously predicted that we would be an elite 8 team, and being one PG-less UNC (lol) from a Final Four in November? A NC appearance is not impossible. No one seriously entertained that thought. This is a "down" year for us and Coach Self is somehow a shitty coach? Fuck that.

I hope the OP's troll's remorse drives him to seppuku

The ONLY thing I think I could complain about Bill Self is that he seems to have some trouble, come tournament time, getting his high ranked players to not overlook hungry mid-majors. Although when you're highly seeded year after year there's going to be upsets. But as far as Xs and Os and recruiting, I don't see how you could possibly think he's anything but elite.

okcchief
03-24-2012, 08:45 AM
If he takes this team to the final four it will be his best coaching job ever IMO. If you are judging coaches by their teams under achieving here and there, I guess ever coach in the history of the NCAA sucks

BigChiefFan
03-24-2012, 08:50 AM
I remember when dipshits longed for Roy.

Lex Luthor
03-24-2012, 09:00 AM

Very possible but I think the guy at plaza that changes my oil could have coached the last 2 Jayhawk teams into the national title game.
God. What a f*cking retard.

Bill Self doesn't need any defense from an idiot like you.

By the way, please tell me your first name is Morris. I know a KU fan named Morris who has said the same thing. I hate to think there are TWO f*cking idiots like that.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-24-2012, 09:04 AM
Self is a dang good coach (understatement of the century). His resume here speaks for itself. You can't really find fault with a guy that gave us another NC.

BigChiefFan
03-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Self is a dang good coach (understatement of the century). His resume here speaks for itself. You can't really find fault with a guy that gave us another NC.

His resume spoke for itself, long before he arrived in Kansas.

jrowe
03-24-2012, 09:10 AM
KU has made the elite 8 in 5 of the last 8 years - the 8 years that Self has been coaching at KU. No other program has had as much tournament or regular season success. Look at total number of wins, tournament wins, conference wins, winning percentage. KU under Self has been dominant. Do we wish they would have gone a bit further in the tournament a few times? Sure, what KU fan doesn't, but don't let the naysayers have a voice in this conversation. It would be a waste of time.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-24-2012, 09:10 AM
His resume spoke for itself, long before he arrived in Kansas.

Yeah I was addressing Bane's comments my bad.

KC Jones
03-24-2012, 09:16 AM
God. What a f*cking retard.

Bill Self doesn't need any defense from an idiot like you.

+eleventybajillion!!!!1

KurtCobain
03-24-2012, 09:26 AM
I've been a jayhawk fan my whole life and and I also hate his style. He's a fucking dumbass who's lucked into anything he's ever won. The Tim Tebow of college basketball coaches.

Sure-Oz
03-24-2012, 09:27 AM
I hate KU so much but Self is just amazing

Chiefs Pantalones
03-24-2012, 09:28 AM
I hate KU so much but Self is just amazing

He's no Haith though ;)

Dave Lane
03-24-2012, 09:31 AM
KU has made the elite 8 in 5 of the last 8 years - the 8 years that Self has been coaching at KU. No other program has had as much tournament or regular season success. Look at total number of wins, tournament wins, conference wins, winning percentage. KU under Self has been dominant. Do we wish they would have gone a bit further in the tournament a few times? Sure, what KU fan doesn't, but don't let the naysayers have a voice in this conversation. It would be a waste of time.

Lets see if MU or KSU would trade with us?

Dave Lane
03-24-2012, 09:32 AM
I've been a jayhawk fan my whole life and and I also hate his style. He's a ****ing dumbass who's lucked into anything he's ever won. The Tim Tebow of college basketball coaches.

OK now youre just trolling. You have to be more subtle if you are gonna pull off something like this. Going epic dumbass early gives it away. :)

Dave Lane
03-24-2012, 09:33 AM

You all think maybe he just hates his Self?

ROFL

KurtCobain
03-24-2012, 09:36 AM
OK now youre just trolling. You have to be more subtle if you are gonna pull off something like this. Going epic dumbass early gives it away. :)

Ha. Yeah, I hate Ku, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. Self is just a smug loser who obviously has good karma built up or something. He's also a cheat. I honestly believe haith will go down as the better coach after their both done. Haith gets the most our of his guys. Self just stands there and smiles.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-24-2012, 09:36 AM
They should fire him and hire....

Pablo
03-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Ha. Yeah, I hate Ku, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. Self is just a smug loser who obviously has good karma built up or something. He's also a cheat. I honestly believe haith will go down as the better coach after their both done. Haith gets the most our of his guys. Self just stands there and smiles.Trololololololol.

TEX
03-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Self has done one heck of a job - especially this season.

KCFalcon59
03-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Ha. Yeah, I hate Ku, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. Self is just a smug loser who obviously has good karma built up or something. He's also a cheat. I honestly believe haith will go down as the better coach after their both done. Haith gets the most our of his guys. Self just stands there and smiles.

:spock::rolleyes::shake:

ArrowheadHawk
03-24-2012, 10:08 AM

Dumbest post of the year.

CHENZ A!
03-24-2012, 10:40 AM

LMAO

Although I am curious to see how well Haith does going forward without Mike Anderson's recruits.

ROYC75
03-24-2012, 10:48 AM
There is a lot of stupidity in this thread, seriously.

HCBS is a lot of old school in his defensive principals, if this pisses off some bandwagon Jayhawk fans, so be it, stick your head into the toilet next time you flush, maybe it will help flush the shit will run out of your head.

Sure we do not score a lot of points, but a strong balance of both points and defense is better than being lopsided on either side of the scales of defense & scoring.

Buehler445
03-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Self is an incredible coach. One thing about his style is he really prefers defensive players, and I think that's why his teams are inconsistent in the tourney. In the tourney it usually helps to have a hot hand. Right now, they have an offense that's over reliant on tyshawn Taylor because he's the only guy in te high low offense who can drive in. Thomas Robinson is a beast but they ask him yo do a lot because defenses are really crowding the blocks. While I love selfs style, I would like to se him recruit playmakers and pure shooters too. I feel like tourney success often relies on some playmaker. So when another team has a player that gets red hot Kansas often has a tough time matching. I mean Elijah Johnson, teahan, relaford and withey... Those are all adequate scorers at te very best.

I doubt it happens. To play for Self you have to play disciplined ball. A lot of the highly ranked kids won't buy into that. They want to go somewhere where they will play and a coach that will let them do whatever they want.

And if you don't play defense, Self will make you GTFO.

And I'm OK with that. I'm not willing to sacrifice the D. It wins a fuckload of games. Sure we get teams that jack up a bunch of 3s. But that's better than watching a bunch of pussy turnstyle defenses.

ArrowheadHawk
03-24-2012, 11:00 AM
I love my "Self". Fuck the haters. Without D KU is sitting at home on Sunday.

morphius
03-24-2012, 11:40 AM
There is a lot of stupidity in this thread, seriously.

HCBS is a lot of old school in his defensive principals, if this pisses off some bandwagon Jayhawk fans, so be it, stick your head into the toilet next time you flush, maybe it will help flush the shit will run out of your head.

Sure we do not score a lot of points, but a strong balance of both points and defense is better than being lopsided on either side of the scales of defense & scoring.
And with this team, you just can't go the scoring route. Robinson misses a lot down low and Taylor is inconsistent as anyone. You have multiple guys who can shoot threes, but you never seem to get more than 1 that is "on" at the same time.

I really didn't expect KU to make it this far with these players.

KurtCobain
03-24-2012, 02:21 PM
They've gotten lucky this year. The ball has bounced the right way. Self has had nothing to do with it.

Reerun_KC
03-24-2012, 03:15 PM
They've gotten lucky this year. The ball has bounced the right way. Self has had nothing to do with it.

Please shoot yourself like the loser in you avatar did. Thanks!

03-24-2012, 03:33 PM
Wow, this thread turned out interesting to say the least.

sedated
03-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Don't feed the trolls

KurtCobain
03-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Don't feed the trolls

Yeah, save it for Bill Self's fat ass.

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-24-2012, 05:41 PM
He's also a cheat.

:spock: Wut?

ROYC75
03-24-2012, 05:46 PM
And with this team, you just can't go the scoring route. Robinson misses a lot down low and Taylor is inconsistent as anyone. You have multiple guys who can shoot threes, but you never seem to get more than 1 that is "on" at the same time.

I really didn't expect KU to make it this far with these players.

On your worst shooting days if you play great D you can still be in a position to win the game.

ArrowheadHawk
03-24-2012, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't trade Self for anybody. He is the best coach for KU.

CHENZ A!
03-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Yeah, save it for Bill Self's fat ass.

Our coach could beat up your coach.

Fritz88
03-24-2012, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't trade Self for anybody. He is the best coach for KU.

Not even this guy?

http://muarchives.missouri.edu/images/exh_basketball/Quin%28t%29.JPG

ArrowheadHawk
03-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Not even this guy?

http://muarchives.missouri.edu/images/exh_basketball/Quin%28t%29.JPG

ROFL

KurtCobain
03-24-2012, 11:45 PM
I could beat up bill self.

Thaddeus_Eugenia
03-25-2012, 12:17 AM
Mr. Self wears his suit on high, he slicks the hair. We will see him blow the LORD's all up to heaven on thine court. I know his award is in line for an arrival.

lcarus
03-25-2012, 12:20 AM
Bill Self is gonna dismantle Roy Williams and his Tar Heels this afternoon.

03-25-2012, 01:45 AM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

ThatRaceCardGuy
03-25-2012, 07:43 AM

You sir have the intelligence of an MU fan.

R8RFAN
03-25-2012, 07:45 AM
I think the NCSU coach or the FSU coach should get it...

Roy or Self always have good squads, don't think either of them deserve it..

WhiteWhale
03-25-2012, 11:03 AM
IMO, this KU team is totally overachieving.

KurtCobain
03-25-2012, 11:07 AM
IMO, this KU team is totally getting all the breaks.

fyp

lcarus
03-25-2012, 11:27 AM
He did well in Tulsa. TULSA

KurtCobain
03-25-2012, 11:28 AM
He got lucky in Tulsa. TULSA

fyp

lcarus
03-25-2012, 11:45 AM
fyp

I'll take that kind of luck any day!

BigChiefFan
03-25-2012, 11:56 AM
fyp
Got lucky in Tulsa?? LMAO. Bullshit, any coach that goes there has to work their ass off to prove themselves. It's a great stepping-stone, but it's hardly a cakewalk.

I'll also add, he coached at ORU and had success.

The guy is a Hell of a coach.

03-25-2012, 11:58 AM
fyp

still trolling

KurtCobain
03-25-2012, 12:01 PM
I'll take that kind of luck any day!

Oh no doubt.

KurtCobain
03-25-2012, 12:06 PM
still telling it like it is

fyp

03-25-2012, 12:19 PM
fyp

Well just in case you aren't. You can't be as successful as Self has at four, FOUR different universities and then call it luck.

03-25-2012, 05:23 PM
I've been a jayhawk fan my whole life and and I also hate his style. He's a ****ing dumbass who's lucked into anything he's ever won. The Tim Tebow of college basketball coaches.

Bump

KurtCobain
03-25-2012, 05:39 PM
I could still beat Bill Self's ass.

ArrowheadHawk
03-25-2012, 05:41 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/528222_10150643536893842_40139773841_9187987_1613776259_n.jpg

Jive Ass
03-25-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm convinced.

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-25-2012, 05:47 PM

But could you win 8 straight Big 12 titles

kstater
03-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Clearly a conspiracy against Haith.

Pablo
03-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Clearly a conspiracy against Haith.LMAO

Stupid Big 12 voters don't recognize coaching talent when they see it.

KurtCobain
03-25-2012, 06:46 PM
LMAO

Stupid Big 12 voters don't recognize coaching talent when they see it.

That smug fat fuck it's now next to Elway in my mount douchemore.