PDA

View Full Version : Poop Tim Tebow greeted by anonymous griping from Jets teammates

Kerberos
03-25-2012, 08:56 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/25/tim-tebow-greeted-by-anonymous-griping-from-jets-teammates/

Sorry but the first response to this story on the website is worth going there. It pretty much sums up most of our feelings.

Tim Tebow greeted by anonymous griping from Jets teammates
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 25, 2012, 8:06 AM EDT

Mark Sanchez, you’re not alone anymore: Your new backup quarterback is being questioned by anonymous quotes from teammates, too.

Tim Tebow’s trade has just become official, and already unnamed Jets players are talking to reporters about why they don’t think it’s going to work. A New York Post story this morning is headlined “Some Jets wary of Tim circus,” and details that a number of players who will share the locker room with Tebow don’t think he belongs there. None of them, of course, were willing to put their names behind their opinions.

“Several current Jets, who spoke with The Post Saturday, asked not to be quoted but expressed disbelief at the team bringing Tebow in,” the story says. “The idea of a backup quarterback having a press conference is something they can’t wrap their heads around, and they know it’s just the beginning.”

The Jets have led the league in anonymous quotes since the season ended, with unnamed players opining to reporters about topics like Sanchez lacking the leadership the team needs and Santonio Holmes being a divisive presence in the locker room. That has led to a backlash, with Sanchez ripping anonymous sources as “gutless,” and Jets coach Rex Ryan saying anonymous sources don’t speak for the team.

But anonymous sources do speak for themselves. And some of the anonymous sources in the Jets’ locker room apparently don’t think highly of either Sanchez or Tebow.

Sassy Squatch
03-25-2012, 09:18 AM
http://soonerpsycho.com/spfarksandpics/tebowholytears.gif

jspchief
03-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Having this guy on your team has to be an enormous distraction.

I can't imagine how any team, outside of a Florida team looking to cash in on his college fanbase, would think he's a valuable addition.

Catt Massel
03-25-2012, 09:31 AM
I disapprove of such rude actions. If you speak , speak as yourself!!

Pasta Little Brioni
03-25-2012, 09:34 AM
The circus just isn't worth it.

Marco Polo
03-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Being quoted anonymously is a pretty gutless thing to do, though. Man up.

jspchief
03-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Being quoted anonymously is a pretty gutless thing to do, though. Man up.

Putting your name on it isn't much better.

Keep it in house imo.

BoneKrusher
03-25-2012, 09:43 AM
i bet Holmes was one of the Jets unnamed players.

dannybcaitlyn
03-25-2012, 09:48 AM
****! Just a bunch of bad apples on the JETTS!

Pasta Little Brioni
03-25-2012, 09:50 AM
The Jets just never learn. It wasn't enough attention guaranteeing Super Bowls and dumb shit like that, now they bring the clown show to town.

BoneKrusher
03-25-2012, 09:51 AM
****! Just a bunch of bad apples on the JETTS!

not to mention they're bad apples from the big apple.

keg in kc
03-25-2012, 09:54 AM
J! E! S! U! S! TIM! TEBOW!

Okie_Apparition
03-25-2012, 10:14 AM
The problem here is more Rex Ryan, the Al Davis of head coaches
Romeo the player's coach scares me

WhiteWhale
03-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Boy the Jets have a lot of dickless cowards on their team. All they do is talk behind a curtain.

Pablo
03-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Boy the Jets have a lot of dickless cowards on their team. All they do is talk behind a curtain.It starts with their fat, foot loving loud-mouth coach. The team just follows suit.

jspchief
03-25-2012, 10:37 AM
It starts with their fat, foot loving loud-mouth coach. The team just follows suit.

Yeah, its no wonder none of their players know how to keep their mouth shut.

MMXcalibur
03-25-2012, 10:39 AM
OH GOOD, I WASN'T GETTING ENOUGH INFORMATION ON THE JETS

beach tribe
03-25-2012, 11:17 AM
So, has Knowmo come out and said how much TeBow sucks yet?

lcarus
03-25-2012, 11:25 AM

I can't imagine how any team, outside of a Florida team looking to cash in on his college fanbase, would think he's a valuable addition.

I would have bet that Jacksonville would throw the kitchen sink at Denver for him. Talk about a fanbase that would go crazy, and a team that desperately needs that. Would have been a smart business decision for Miami or Jacksonville.

Okie_Apparition
03-25-2012, 11:29 AM
Tebow may be a better business man then we are giving him credit for
The Tebow brand is doing really well for itself

WhiteWhale
03-25-2012, 12:04 PM
It starts with their fat, foot loving loud-mouth coach. The team just follows suit.

You say that, but Rex doesn't hide his face when he talks shit. He's a man about it.

Dylan
03-25-2012, 12:21 PM
The problem here is more Rex Ryan, the Al Davis of head coaches

Woody Johnson, Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan, together are a classless organization.

Although, coach Bill Belichick will be pleased with the results.

chiefzilla1501
03-25-2012, 12:47 PM
You say that, but Rex doesn't hide his face when he talks shit. He's a man about it.

Tomlinson said that the locker room was a mess. This proves it. And it's Rex Ryan's job to control it. It started with the bullshit fratty antics when that hot reporter was harassed in their locker room. And now it's players talking behind players' backs.

It's Ryan's job to make sure players know the consequences of turning against your teammates. For as tough as Ryan acts, he has no control over his locker room.

Dylan
03-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Oh. My. God!

"The Body of Christ"

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2012/03/25/news/web_photos/tebow_christ--300x450.jpg

Virgin Timmy?

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2012/03/25/news/web_photos/25.1n007.tebow1.C--300x300.jpg
Courtesy of:
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/tebow_body_of_christ_VZcbDLIA5zeZHOo6i90J8H

fashion designers are going to be drooling!

Bane
03-25-2012, 12:53 PM
To hell with Tebow and the Jets.

ModSocks
03-25-2012, 12:56 PM
The Jets signed Tebow for one reason only, and it's because he's cash cow.

It's sad really. I almost feel bad for Tebow. The media created this guy, now in NY, they'll really sink their teeth into him.

The Media made a huge profit creating this guy, and now that they have him in their city, they're going to make a massive profit ripping the guy down.

Such a shame, really.

Dylan
03-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Bane: The NY media put Rex and company on notice towards the end of last season:

Win this season or else ... This warning also pertains to Mark Sanchez and Tim "Mr. Package" Tebow.

Nobody survives in this town unless they win.

The Jets are on a very short leash this season.

Trust me, New York is not Denver.

Bane
03-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Bane: The NY media put Rex and company on notice towards the end of last season:

Win this season or else ... This warning also pertains to Mark Sanchez and Tim "Mr. Package" Tebow.

Nobody survives in this town unless they win.

The Jets are on a very short leash this season.

Trust me, New York is not Denver.

Yeah I know l.I'm just sick to death already of the Tebow/Jets bullshit.

Dylan
03-25-2012, 01:39 PM
The Jets signed Tebow for one reason only, and it's because he's cash cow.

It's sad really. I almost feel bad for Tebow. The media created this guy, now in NY, they'll really sink their teeth into him.

The Media made a huge profit creating this guy, and now that they have him in their city, they're going to make a massive profit ripping the guy down.

Such a shame, really.

Agreed, except the New York media outlet didn't create Tim Tebow. But, to a team where management and two incumbent starters is one losing streak from being run out of town--Winning trumps all.

This article is right on point:

Have you noticed the one thing that makes Tebow a cultural icon — his strong religious beliefs — have barely registered a ripple here in the ongoing debate and discussion about this trade?

It’s been all about the merits of the deal, the potential quarterback controversy and the continued grasping-at-straws of Jets management. Other than the occasional joke contrasting Tebow with the, uh, less-than-virginal Sanchez, it’s hard to find any talk about what makes him a polarizing figure.

Here’s a prediction: There won’t be much of a debate, at least not here. We are diverse market that’s a mostly tolerant one — about religious beliefs, that is.

Three-interception games are another story entirely.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/03/politi_tim_tebow_buzz_could_ju.html

chasedude
03-25-2012, 01:41 PM
I weep for Jets fans.

Thaddeus_Eugenia
03-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Tim will overtake the starting quarterback position by game eight of the next football season, watch! He works magic from his fingers!

chasedude
03-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Tim will overtake the starting quarterback position by game eight of the next football season, watch! He works magic from his fingers!

Yup, he magically throws the ball no where near the receiver.

Thaddeus_Eugenia
03-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Yup, he magically throws the ball no where near the receiver.

He has more wins in the playoffs than the Chiefs of Kansas City have over the last years of nineteen! ROFL EEK! SOB

Predarat
03-25-2012, 01:48 PM
If the OL gives that ****ing bastard Sanchez time to ****ing throw, the god damn WRs catch the fucking ball, the shit head RBs get the ****ing yards they need in a supposedly tough ****ing kick the god damn shit out of you old skool ****ing team, and the "All ****ing World Rex Ryan Epic and ****ing Awesome Defense" does its ****ing job, that ****ing bastard Tebow will never see the ****ing field except for ****ing mop up duty. So shut the **** up, do your ****ing job, win the ****ing games, and you shitheads will be ****ing world champions. You cant get any ****ing better then that damn shit!

lcarus
03-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Herm Edwards, Eric Mangina, Mark Sanchez....Tim Tebow? LOL. All the while watching the Patriots and Giants win Super Bowl after Super Bowl. Gotta suck to be a J-E-T-S fan. Almost as bad as being a Chiefs fan...

Pasta Little Brioni
03-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Setsuna will be along shortly to call us meanies for picking on his savior...

Dylan
03-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Yeah I know l.I'm just sick to death already of the Tebow/Jets bullshit.

Bane, I agree with you.

New York City is the center of the media universe-Jets organization want to control the front covers and back pages--and mostly for all the wrong reasons.

The Giants are a team that likes to fly under the radar. The less media attention the better.

Molitoth
03-25-2012, 02:28 PM
The jets deserve this failure.

Bane
03-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Bane, I agree with you.

New York City is the center of the media universe-Jets organization want to control the front covers and back pages--and mostly for all the wrong reasons.

The Giants are a team that likes to fly under the radar. The less media attention the better.

In all honesty I don't see how the Jets believe this will be good for them.Im curious about how the fans feel about Tebow as well.

jspchief
03-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Don't really feel sorry for Tebow either. Supposedly he had his choice between Jets and Jax and chose NY.

whoman69
03-25-2012, 02:39 PM
The jets deserve this failure.

Sure. They're claiming he's being brought in as a backup, but that's impossible since Timmy Wonder can't run the offense. He's an alternative. Sanchez needs his diaper changed. He's Cassel without the excuses.

Setsuna
03-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Setsuna will be along shortly to call us meanies for picking on his savior...

Nah I'm done doing that. It is what it is. I'm flattered I'm in your thoughts though.

Okie_Apparition
03-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Tebow is the hotdog cooker of household appliances
a fad soon to be tossed into the junk drawer
edit(Cassel is the belching furnace from A Christmas Story)

cardken
03-25-2012, 03:14 PM

Media Circus aside. The Jets had a less than effective Offense this past season. Lack of an established running game. Lack of production from "Big Play" acquisitions like Plax, and all this led to discord among some players.
At the end of the day, you need to get the ball in the end-zone to win and by any means necessary. So to bring Tebow in at critical RedZone situations, of course, no brainer. He is hard to defend. As long as Sanchez holds up his end of the load, and the Running game is effective, as a team it should work.
All this being said, it will be hard to keep it from becoming a story in the "fishbowl" that the Jets play in with the NY Press. But the team and coaches need to be vigilant and firm as to what everyone's role is. I'm a Sanchez supporter, the Kid is young, and had showed progression and is learning and will get better, and in turn the team will fair better.

cardken
03-25-2012, 03:17 PM

Rex pretty much, says what he wants and says it loud, without much excuses. How is there a parallel?

cardken
03-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Oh. My. God!

"The Body of Christ"

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2012/03/25/news/web_photos/tebow_christ--300x450.jpg

Virgin Timmy?

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2012/03/25/news/web_photos/25.1n007.tebow1.C--300x300.jpg
Courtesy of:
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/tebow_body_of_christ_VZcbDLIA5zeZHOo6i90J8H

fashion designers are going to be drooling!

I'm betting Tebows GQ issue, outsells Sanchez. LOL

cardken
03-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Sure. They're claiming he's being brought in as a backup, but that's impossible since Timmy Wonder can't run the offense. He's an alternative. Sanchez needs his diaper changed. He's Cassel without the excuses.
Without the excuses but with Playoff wins.

Paniero
03-25-2012, 04:12 PM
Boy the Jets have a lot of dickless cowards on their team. All they do is talk behind a curtain.

Just like everyone who posts on a message board?

Direckshun
03-25-2012, 04:20 PM
But anonymous sources do speak for themselves.

ANONYMOUS SOURCES DO NOT SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.

THEY CAN'T BE ANONYMOUS UNLESS YOU SPEAK FOR THEM.

THE JETS ARE PUSSIES.

PFT ARE IDIOTS.