PDA

View Full Version : Football Anyone else think Colts take RGIII?

kczoo
03-27-2012, 05:40 AM
I'm going w this idea. Seems like Colts would go w different direction than typical Manning look alike.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-27-2012, 05:41 AM
Nope.

jAZ
03-27-2012, 05:45 AM
Even if RGIII turns out to to be the greatest QB in NFL history, no one will blame them for passing on him and taking Luck. However, if Luck turns out to be the greatest ever, history will mock the Colts forever for passing on him. They will take Luck.

blaise
03-27-2012, 05:46 AM
Yes. I think they'll ignore their scouting and choose RGIII because he looks different than Manning. It makes total sense.

DaKCMan AP
03-27-2012, 05:47 AM
http://jonsquared.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/bunny_pancake.jpg

Amnorix
03-27-2012, 05:51 AM
You're right, it makes perfect sense. That Manning guy was such a stiff I can see why they'd hate to take a look-alike. Better to go in a different direction -- you wouldn't want another guy like Manning.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-27-2012, 05:54 AM
...yet he can still start threads.

Threads such as....

warrior
03-27-2012, 05:57 AM
:eek:

NO

Bugeater
03-27-2012, 06:12 AM
Wow... LMAO

Nightfyre
03-27-2012, 06:18 AM
Stop giving noobs thread posting capabilities.

J Diddy
03-27-2012, 06:27 AM
Stop giving noobs thread posting capabilities.

Actually not a noob, but definitely a curious case.

Man joins in 2002 and has like next to no posts for 10 years, then suddenly starts posting full retard.

I wonder if he has developed a case of keyboard tourette's.

I'm beginning to wonder if he's a mult.

alpha_omega
03-27-2012, 06:27 AM
Not a chance.

DaKCMan AP
03-27-2012, 06:32 AM
Actually not a noob, but definitely a curious case.

Man joins in 2002 and has like next to no posts for 10 years, then suddenly starts posting full retard.

I wonder if he has developed a case of keyboard tourette's.

I'm beginning to wonder if he's a mult.

Clearly, for the better part of 10 years he has been captive in the zoo. Alas, he has escaped and has gone ape all over this board. Time to alert the zookeeper that we have located the missing baboon.

J Diddy
03-27-2012, 06:34 AM
Clearly, for the better part of 10 years he has been captive in the zoo. Alas, he has escaped and has gone ape all over this board. Time to alert the zookeeper that we have located the missing baboon.

I'm going to go with mult or a sick individual who derives an enormous amount of satisfaction from being called stupid.

Dave Lane
03-27-2012, 06:51 AM
Not a chance

Bane
03-27-2012, 07:00 AM
Hell no.

58-4ever
03-27-2012, 07:23 AM
I don't know about your "look alike" theory. But I do find it odd that the Colts have not even contacted Luck and told him he's their guy. With all the tampering that probably goes on, you'd think the kid would have a playbook in his hand yesterday.

Disclaimer: I don't think there is a chance in the world that the Colts pass on Luck.

el borracho
03-27-2012, 07:39 AM
I bet they shock the world and take G. J. Kinne.

Sofa King
03-27-2012, 07:57 AM
Can the mods force someone to show their rep so we can identify trolls more quickly?

Fritz88
03-27-2012, 07:58 AM
You're right, it makes perfect sense. That Manning guy was such a stiff I can see why they'd hate to take a look-alike. Better to go in a different direction -- you wouldn't want another guy like Manning.

No shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2
03-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Luck is as big of a risk as RGIII.

Good podcast - interview with Greg Cossel and his analysis of 2012 QBs.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-corner-podcast-greg-cosell-2012-quarterback-draft-222147633.html

KChiefer
03-27-2012, 08:17 AM
False

Rausch
03-27-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm going w this idea. Seems like Colts would go w different direction than typical Manning look alike.

Why?

They would go a different direction than the HOF QB they just had that won them their first SB since Unitas?...

Rausch
03-27-2012, 08:21 AM
Luck is as big of a risk as RGIII.

Luck might be the lowest risk 1st round QB in the last 10 years...

Chiefnj2
03-27-2012, 08:26 AM
False

Because?

blaise
03-27-2012, 08:31 AM
Luck is lower risk in the sense that if you pick him #1 and he fails people will say, "You can't really question the pick. Almost everyone agreed." If you pick RGIII #1 and he fails, and Luck does well, you're getting fired.

Chiefnj2
03-27-2012, 08:33 AM

Listen to the podcast

rico
03-27-2012, 08:46 AM

Do I think this will happen? No. But I would be an absolute bag of lying garbage if I were to say that the thought of them doing this hasn't crossed my mind before. The primary reason for this crossing my mind is because Irsay comes off as a bit eccentric to me.

Ultimately, I don't think he will choose RG3 over Luck, but I can imagine him making implications via twitter or other source prior to the draft that he may select RG3. I can see him doing this with intentions of starting some attention-laced frenzy as to who is going 1 and 2 with the decision being in his hands.

Simply Red
03-27-2012, 09:05 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/24eaxs9.jpg

BoneKrusher
03-27-2012, 09:07 AM
no.
remember, the Colts sucked for Luck.

Simply Red
03-27-2012, 09:09 AM
kczoo has got to be a regular, screwing with the other members.

boogblaster
03-27-2012, 09:48 AM
jfc no .....

loochy
03-27-2012, 09:55 AM
NO

Xanathol
03-27-2012, 10:12 AM
I could see it happening if the 'Major League' theory is true, ie. they are trying to suck bad enough to move the team.

Bowser
03-27-2012, 10:15 AM
I think they shock the world and take Tannehill. I read on ChiefsPlanet that he's got tons of potential.

rico
03-27-2012, 10:28 AM
I think they shock the world and take Tannehill. I read on ChiefsPlanet that he's got tons of potential.

ROFL

loochy
03-27-2012, 10:31 AM
HAY GUYZ

WUT IF COLTS TRADED MARK CASTLE FOR THEIR PICK?

Mr. Laz
03-27-2012, 10:33 AM
I wouldn't put it past Irsay to want to attention whore it up and pick RGIII.

I still doubt it.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-27-2012, 10:59 AM

Manning has short blonde hair and a big forehead. Luck has dark, curly hair and has been known to grow it out kind of long and has kind of a bigger nose. In addition, Manning is always clean shaven while Luck often sports facial hair. They look nothing alike.

Ultra Peanut
03-27-2012, 11:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/A5kUT.gif

King_Chief_Fan
03-27-2012, 11:44 AM
It won't matter

The Colts win either way. BrokeNeck has lost his best years and would not carry the Colts to any championship. Luck or RGIII give them something to build on.

spades
03-27-2012, 12:05 PM
no.
remember, the Colts sucked for Luck.

No

They didn't.

jojomontana
03-27-2012, 12:40 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/irsay-luck-not-lock-colts-1-153001846.html

Irsay: Luck is not a lock for Colts at No. 1

.By Doug Farrar | Shutdown Corner – 3 hours ago.. .

Not so fast, people... (Getty Images)

It's been a foregone conclusion for months -- the Indianapolis Colts will select Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck with the first overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft. Luck is the most pro-ready college quarterback most people have seen in years, and for a Colts team rebuilding from the ground up, it makes all the sense in the world for Luck to be the man over Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III, who may have higher upside in the long term.

Well, not so fast. Colts owner Jim Irsay recently told USA Today that the team has made no absolute decision, and is in fact considering both Luck and Griffin with that most valuable of picks.

"It's up in the air. We have to look at this thing completely open-minded. You have two outstanding athletes, two great pure passers, two guys from families that are incredible ... If we get to the point where we're going to negotiate early, get something done before the draft, you never rule that out. We've talked to both agents. We haven't negotiated yet.''

One may term this a pre-emptive move to let the agents for both quarterbacks know that the Colts aren't locked in, but with the new rookie cap in place, that's less a factor than it would have been in years past. What this could be is yet another example of the shift that has taken place in recent days among those watching more Baylor game tape. As Greg Cosell of NFL Films and ESPN's "NFL Matchup" told us in Monday's draft podcast, it's easy to put Griffin alongside or above Luck as a pure prospect. It's a switch I made a couple months ago, and based on Luck's Pro Day, it could be argued that the fit for both players might be better if Griffin went first and Luck second.

New Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians was known for his multiple spread-style formations in Pittsburgh, and that's a great match for Griffin, who played an advanced three-digit, multi-read spread offense at Baylor. Given Luck's impressive ability to run and throw from play action and boot action from all angles in his Palo Alto workout, he seemed like the ideal Mike Shanahan quarterback -- in fact, I thought he looked a lot like Steve Young, who Shanahan coached from 1992 through 1994 as the San Francisco 49ers' offensive assistant.

At the 2012 scouting combine, Griffin certainly didn't sound like a man ready to concede the first overall pick to anyone else.

"As competitors, you both want to be the best," he said. "Whether I go No. 1 or not, it's not going to change who I am, it's not going to change my confidence. But I'd be a fool to say I don't want to go No. 1 in the draft because I think I do, Andrew does, Matt Kalil does, Trent Richardson does. You ask any of them, they want to go No. 1. That's the main reason. It's not that I think they should not pick him or they should pick me. We all want to be the best so I'm not going to sit here and say I don't want to go No. 1 ... as a quarterback, when you step on the field, if you don't believe you're the best, you're not going to go out there and perform like you're the best."

Add in the fact that the Redskins had a full contingent at Luck's Pro Day -- owner Dan Snyder, general manager Bruce Allen, head coach Mike Shanahan and offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan -- and it's easy to wonder if there isn't some fire behind Irsay's smoke.

vailpass
03-27-2012, 12:42 PM
RGIII would fit in better with the Redskins, Luck would fit better with Indy IMHO.
Either way Washington can't lose.

BoneKrusher
03-27-2012, 01:14 PM
No

They didn't.

you dont think so?

i do, how would you explain the Chiefs coming back in the fourth quarter to beat them on the road....

that just never happens.

spades
03-27-2012, 05:22 PM
you dont think so?

i do, how would you explain the Chiefs coming back in the fourth quarter to beat them on the road....

that just never happens.
Lets do the math.

1) Irsay had to issue the order to "Suck for Luck"

2) Bill and Chris Polian issued the order to the coaches.

3) Caldwell and company issued the orders to the players

4) The players commenced to sucking for the rights to a college player

Say all of those things actually happened. Now

1) Irsay fired the Polians which would make no sense if the Polians were just tanking the season

2) Irsay fired the coaches. Which would make no sense if they were just following orders

3) A ton of players were told to hit the road. Which would make no sense if they were just following orders

Now please explain to me why any member of the Colts would "Suck for Luck"

Simply Red
03-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Lets do the math.

1) Irsay had to issue the order to "Suck for Luck"

2) Bill and Chris Polian issued the order to the coaches.

3) Caldwell and company issued the orders to the players

4) The players commenced to sucking for the rights to a college player

Say all of those things actually happened. Now

1) Irsay fired the Polians which would make no sense if the Polians were just tanking the season

2) Irsay fired the coaches. Which would make no sense if they were just following orders

3) A ton of players were told to hit the road. Which would make no sense if they were just following orders

Now please explain to me why any member of the Colts would "Suck for Luck"

OMG! You fuckin' taught math didn't you!?!?!

Pasta Little Brioni
03-27-2012, 11:00 PM
TRADE BOW, DARSEY, AND A FIRST FOR LUCK

Setsuna
03-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Ryan Leaf. STFU loser.
No

They didn't.
Yeah like they didn't let the Jags beat them the last game of the season. You are retarded and naive.

Epic Fail 007
03-27-2012, 11:21 PM
They are really thinking about it. It would be very interesting.

Crush
03-28-2012, 04:59 AM
Ryan Leaf. STFU loser.

Ryan Leaf was a known headcase before the draft. There was a pretty good chance that he was going to bust. His answers to the combine questions also raised red flags. There was plenty of risk with Leaf.

-King-
03-28-2012, 05:53 AM
you dont think so?

that just never happens.

It happens all the time. That wasn't the first comeback in nfl history.
Posted via Mobile Device

BoneKrusher
03-28-2012, 06:06 AM
It happens all the time. That wasn't the first comeback in nfl history.
Posted via Mobile Device

not with KC

-King-
03-28-2012, 06:12 AM
not with KC

The colts didn't suck for luck. Like spade said, the people who would have been responsible for it aren't even with the team anymore. So how weould they have benefitted.
Posted via Mobile Device

BoneKrusher
03-28-2012, 06:52 AM
The colts didn't suck for luck. Like spade said, the people who would have been responsible for it aren't even with the team anymore. So how weould they have benefitted.
Posted via Mobile Device

they replaced an aging injured QB with the best prospect since Manning come out in 98.
thats how they benefited.

beach tribe
03-28-2012, 07:14 AM
Luck is lower risk in the sense that if you pick him #1 and he fails people will say, "You can't really question the pick. Almost everyone agreed." If you pick RGIII #1 and he fails, and Luck does well, you're getting fired.

That would really be wild if Irsay fired himself.

beach tribe
03-28-2012, 07:16 AM
they replaced an aging injured QB with the best prospect since Manning come out in 98.
thats how they benefited.

Hell yeah. Jim Calwell threw all those games.

Suck For Luck BABY!!!

BoneKrusher
03-28-2012, 07:19 AM
Hell yeah. Jim Calwell threw all those games.

Suck For Luck BABY!!!

with Peyton out the Colts had no options but to Suck.

evolve27
03-29-2012, 06:13 PM
http://jonsquared.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/bunny_pancake.jpg

ROFL

The Dawg
03-29-2012, 07:25 PM
TRADE BOW, DARSEY, AND A FIRST FOR LUCK

WTF? :eek: