PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Path to the Draft tonight on NFL Network @6 PM est

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Talking about the chiefs and pick number 11.

Micjones
03-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Damn...wish I could see this. Can someone sum the conversation up?
Please?

Sofa King
03-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Please?

http://static.tumblr.com/othbyk8/BPollj1xq/tn-memes-no-face-of-course-not.jpg

Rain Man
03-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Please?

Technically, are you stealing cable if I tell you? Because I'm a pretty principled guy.

KurtCobain
03-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Technically, are you stealing cable if I tell you? Because I'm a pretty principled guy.

If you tell him, you've nearly committed sodomy.

suds79
03-27-2012, 03:52 PM
I don't get NFL network but let me guess.

They'll address team needs. NT, Pass rusher, OG.

And suggest mostly likely Donteri Poe or David DeCastro.

Boom there's your episode.

RealSNR
03-27-2012, 03:54 PM
They're going to give us Dontari Poe.

WELL HEY HERE'S A FAT HUNK OF SHIT WHO DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PLAYING FOOTBALL. TO THE CHIEFS!

Micjones
03-27-2012, 03:57 PM

Yes, but at bottom...you'd be an accessory.
Now get to summarizing!

crazycoffey
03-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Please?

nobody has a fucking clue what we're going to do, maybe OL, maybe NT, maybe inside LB maybe safety, maybe a gamble and try to trade with Cleveland or Miami and get Tannenhill

crazycoffey
03-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Michael Lombardi said matt sucked, wondered if baldwin is a good WR, gave props to Houston, guessing for outside LB, inside LB or OL guard.

Brian Baldinger says we should get a good plug and play person sitting at 11, guesses for Poe or (Brockers and we have an LSU defensive front). Then he gave props to DJ and said we should get him a good inside partner with Luke Kuechly. In short we're in good shape to take any of these, lots of options and we can't go wrong with any of these.

Charles Davis said Pioli is going to gamble for the trade for Ryan Tannenhill. Doesn't believe Routte is the answer at CB and maybe we draft a CB.

KurtCobain
03-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Michael Lombardi said matt sucked, wondered if baldwin is a good WR, gave props to Houston, guessing for outside LB, inside LB or OL guard.

Brian Baldinger says we should get a good plug and play person sitting at 11, guesses for Poe or (Brockers and we have an LSU defensive front). Then he gave props to DJ and said we should get him a good inside partner with Luke Kuechly. In short we're in good shape to take any of these, lots of options and we can't go wrong with any of these.

Charles Davis said Pioli is going to gamble for the trade for Ryan Tannenhill. Doesn't believe Routte is the answer at CB and maybe we draft a CB.

well that's the whole draft

Sofa King
03-27-2012, 05:10 PM
Sweet. So it can be anyone. Including a trade.

lol.

Micjones
03-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Tannehill FTW!

Mr. Laz
03-27-2012, 05:16 PM

lol.

which is a good thing because it means we aren't locked into one need.

Sofa King
03-27-2012, 05:17 PM
which is a good thing because it means we aren't locked into one need.

Well of course.

I'm just laughing because it's like they didn't even TRY to narrow our choice down. They didn't even make a real attempt at anything. They basically just punted on first down with this show.

RealSNR
03-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Well of course.

I'm just laughing because it's like they didn't even TRY to narrow our choice down. They didn't even make a real attempt at anything. They basically just punted on first down with this show.
Fuck. We're spending a draft pick on Herm Edwards AGAIN? :cuss:

Direckshun
03-27-2012, 05:26 PM

Visual summary.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=1125

saphojunkie
03-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Visual summary.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=1125

LOL :clap:

BossChief
03-27-2012, 05:29 PM
I wonder what they went away thinking about Tanehill after his combine interview.

okcchief
03-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Im not big on Tanehill, but I'd DEFINITELY take him over Powe.

Rausch
03-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Im not big on Tannehill, but I'd DEFINITELY take him over Powe.

I'd take Tannehill with a 6th...

Urc Burry
03-27-2012, 06:19 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d827e94a7/On-the-Clock-Chiefs

okcchief
03-27-2012, 06:23 PM
I'd take Tannehill with a 6th...

He's a pretty big gamble IMO, but it would be refreshing to see the Chiefs take a QB in the first round. If he falls they might take him, but no way they trade up.

ChiefMojo
03-27-2012, 07:53 PM
I want nothing to do with Tannehill!

I'm not crazy about Poe either but would take him over Tannehill. Personally DeCastro or Kuechly are my picks at #11.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-27-2012, 08:06 PM
I don't want to draft anybody, they all suck !

Molitoth
03-27-2012, 09:13 PM
A first rounder on a wr turned qb with one year of experience. This actually sounds like a good idea?

Wtf

philfree
03-27-2012, 09:35 PM
A first rounder on a wr turned qb with one year of experience. This actually sounds like a good idea?

Wtf

QB turned WR turned QB with 19 starts. He was always in the QB meetings even when he was playing WR. He's a QB.

kcxiv
03-27-2012, 09:35 PM

Wtf

If they think the risk is worth the reward u do it. This year is a luxury pick for us. We have to pull the.trigger on a Qb sooner or later. I'm done with later now . Ive been waiting for later since my mid teens I'm 35 now lol.

TRR
03-27-2012, 09:50 PM
So they narrowed it down to DT, ILB, OLB, QB, CB, and Guard. Sounds pretty cut and dry to me. LOL!

Rain Man
03-27-2012, 10:23 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d827e94a7/On-the-Clock-Chiefs

That's almost as good as stealing cable.

Why on earth would we take an OLB? We have Hali and Houston as strong starters, and Studebaker as a solid backup along with Cam Sheffield.

Dave Lane
03-27-2012, 10:46 PM
A super pass rushing OLB would make some sense. But as much as I hate to say it at #11 if we are stuck there take the blue chip guard. Ugghh that's awful but makes the most impact on the team right away.

RealSNR
03-27-2012, 11:33 PM

Why on earth would we take on OLB? We have Hali and Houston as strong starters, and Studebaker as a solid backup along with Cam Sheffield.Can never have too many good CBs RBs WRs OTs pass rushers

Munson
03-27-2012, 11:58 PM
I wouldn't call Houston a strong starter just yet. He didn't do shit all year until the last few games.

crazycoffey
03-28-2012, 01:57 AM
Well of course.

exactly :thumb:

crazycoffey
03-28-2012, 02:04 AM
So they narrowed it down to DT, ILB, OLB, QB, CB, and Guard. Sounds pretty cut and dry to me. LOL!

exactly...

but seriously, if tannenhhill (or however you spell it) falls to us at 11 and we take him, I'm not mad. We go to camp with Cassel, Tannenhill, Quinn and Stanzi. Not a bad group really, for who we are at QB right now anyway.

But going NT or ILB isn't pissing me off either if the ones that make sense are still there. I just found it funny that they all said we can do no wrong with this pick, now matter what. When it clearly matters what is happening and who is on the board when we pick..

suds79
03-28-2012, 07:14 AM
I wouldn't call Houston a strong starter just yet. He didn't do shit all year until the last few games.

This x10

Don't get me wrong. I like the kid. But as it stands now we have 1 legit pass rusher and our 2nd guy is a bit of a question mark. Imagine if either one of those guys got injured? We don't have enough pass rushers.

My first choice is for them to try to trade down and nab one of those 1st round rated pass rushers. That guy plus Hali & Houston will be on the field on 3rd and long situations. I don't care if the pass rusher is a D-linemen or another LB. But we need another.

Molitoth
03-28-2012, 07:37 AM
If they think the risk is worth the reward u do it. This year is a luxury pick for us. We have to pull the.trigger on a Qb sooner or later. I'm done with later now . Ive been waiting for later since my mid teens I'm 35 now lol.

I'd rather have Kellen Moore or Kirk Cousins in later rounds.
Tannehill would be one of the biggest reaches I've ever seen.

htismaqe
03-28-2012, 07:41 AM
but seriously, if tannenhhill (or however you spell it) falls to us at 11 and we take him, I'm not mad. We go to camp with Cassel, Tannenhill, Quinn and Stanzi. Not a bad group really, for who we are at QB right now anyway.

I will be. This team needs a REAL QB. Not somebody that will likely be BELOW Stanzi on the depth chart.

htismaqe
03-28-2012, 07:41 AM

This.

Frosty
03-28-2012, 07:42 AM
Why on earth would we take on OLB? We have Hali and Houston as strong starters, and Studebaker as a solid backup along with Cam Sheffield.

I know you have a thing for Studebaker but he really hasn't shown anything outside the Pittsburgh game three years ago. He was absolutely abused in the run game when he played last season.

I had hopes for Sheffield but he didn't really show anything last year and was barely playing by the end of the season.

The Chiefs don't really have anyone outside of Hali and Houston (Gabe Miller was playing okay in the preseason before his "injury" but is super raw and can't really be counted on).

Sofa King
03-28-2012, 07:54 AM
I know you have a thing for Studebaker but he really hasn't shown anything outside the Pittsburgh game three years ago. He was absolutely abused in the run game when he played last season.

I had hopes for Sheffield but he didn't really show anything last year and was barely playing by the end of the season.

The Chiefs don't really have anyone outside of Hali and Houston (Gabe Miller was playing okay in the preseason before his "injury" but is super raw and can't really be counted on).

Studebaker showed the ref the ball after he dug it out of the pile when Rivers fumbled the snap.

I'd say he showed about as well as he could right there.

:)

Rausch
03-28-2012, 08:04 AM
A super pass rushing OLB would make some sense. But as much as I hate to say it at #11 if we are stuck there take the blue chip guard. Ugghh that's awful but makes the most impact on the team right away.

It's not my favorite idea but I like taking the blue chip G over reaching for a QB or NT that has huge bust potential.

Frosty
03-28-2012, 08:04 AM
Studebaker showed the ref the ball after he dug it out of the pile when Rivers fumbled the snap.

I'd say she showed about as well as he could right there.

:)

That's true. I just wish he had shown something in the running or passing game. :)

Fat Elvis
03-28-2012, 08:26 AM

Wtf

Our current QB sat on the bench during college--and we gave up a second round pick for him....

http://cpbounce.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/brilliant.jpg

El Jefe
03-28-2012, 09:36 AM
It's not my favorite idea but I like taking the blue chip G over reaching for a QB or NT that has huge bust potential.

I've been against taking a guard and I still am, but I would take DeCastro over that sack of overrated crap Poe at 11, and no thanks on Tannehill at 11, if we can trade down ok, but not at 11.

The Franchise
03-28-2012, 09:39 AM

I'll break something if we draft Kellen Moore. That kid is not an NFL QB.

And don't even say Drew Brees.

boogblaster
03-28-2012, 09:41 AM
run stopper aka middle lb that can cover the middle crossing routes too ...

Rain Man
03-28-2012, 09:43 AM

I admit, I do have a thing for Studebaker, though of course it's only football based and platonic. I think the guy has the physical ability to be on the field and has a knack for being in the right place at the right time.

I thought Sheffield was showing potential as a pass rusher, and of course we know nothing about the Magical Gabe Miller (who I had forgotten about). We also have Greenwood for depth, and they seem to love his special teams play.

I'm certainly not averse to picking up another pass rusher, but I think whoever we pick up will end up being a situational player only, and I'm not sure he'll be able to get Hali and Houston off the field in those situations. Houston had 5.5 sacks as a rookie, and he was clueless for the first eight games. Toward the end of the season he was really getting things figured out.

I'm still not sure what I support in the first round, but I really don't think it would be an OLB.

I almost think we can go Best Available Player at this point, though. Without a viable QB the best strategy might be to stock up until we can fill that position, so I'm not averse to getting DeCastro if he's the best guy available. Heck I'm not sure I'm against getting anybody at this point. I'd like to study up on Tannehill a little more because if he's got potential he might be my choice. If not him, I'd go with DeCastro or Richardson or Kuechly. I'd love a NT, but if we can get Gregg back and the guys out there in the draft are high-risk, just bring back Gregg. I had thought that he retired, not that we simply weren't re-signing him yet.

The Franchise
03-28-2012, 09:44 AM
run stopper aka middle lb that can cover the middle crossing routes too ...

Taking an ILB at #11 to replace Belcher would be beyond retarded.

Munson
03-28-2012, 09:46 AM
This x10

Don't get me wrong. I like the kid. But as it stands now we have 1 legit pass rusher and our 2nd guy is a bit of a question mark. Imagine if either one of those guys got injured? We don't have enough pass rushers.

My first choice is for them to try to trade down and nab one of those 1st round rated pass rushers. That guy plus Hali & Houston will be on the field on 3rd and long situations. I don't care if the pass rusher is a D-linemen or another LB. But we need another.

True. If Hali or Houston got injured, we'd have no pass rush. That's why I'm rooting for a 1st round pass rusher. If Melvin Ingram fell to us, that would be outstanding.

Sofa King
03-28-2012, 09:49 AM

Drew Brees

Frosty
03-28-2012, 09:52 AM
I thought Sheffield was showing potential as a pass rusher, and of course we know nothing about the Magical Gabe Miller (who I had forgotten about). We also have Greenwood for depth, and they seem to love his special teams play.

Sheffield did flash in the preseason but it never showed in the regular season for some reason. Maybe the light will come on for him with another (real) off-season.

Molitoth
03-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Our current QB sat on the bench during college--and we gave up a second round pick for him....

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Molitoth
03-28-2012, 10:34 AM

Why? because he's a lefty that doesn't have prototypical size and arm strength?

The kid is a very experienced Winner.

Drew Brees. ROFL

KC_Lee
03-28-2012, 10:51 AM

Kellen Moore = Doug Flutie.

Let's bring the "Chuck 'n Duck' to KC!!! :banghead:

Okie_Apparition
03-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Sadly, if you look at 2nd round picks for QBs
Cassel should rate at the high end of the scale
at some point in the bottom of the 1st anything lower on a QB is low reward

whoman69
03-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Kellen Moore = Doug Flutie.

Let's bring the "Chuck 'n Duck' to KC!!! :banghead:

Doug Flutie could throw the ball more than 10 yards. The rap on him was he was too short.

DTLB58
03-28-2012, 02:35 PM

Why on earth would we take an OLB? We have Hali and Houston as strong starters, and Studebaker as a solid backup along with Cam Sheffield.

That's what they said about the Giants. Why do they keep drafting D-linemen.
Just because we know the names on the roster (Sheffield and Studebaker) doesn't make them awesome. You can never have to many pass rushers. They need more than two pass rushers. Especially when you look at the QB's the Chiefs have to face in division now.

Setsuna
03-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Outside of the first two picks, no one knows who will get who. End of story.

RUSH
03-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Outside of the first two picks, no one knows who will get who. End of story.

3. Kalil to Minnesota is a lock.

listopencil
03-28-2012, 06:12 PM
3. Kalil to Minnesota is a lock.

1) Luck
2) RG3
3) Kalil

?

Direckshun
03-28-2012, 07:08 PM
1) Luck
2) RG3
3) Kalil

?

4) Richardson
5) Claiborne
6) Blackmon

It's not until 7 where things will go nuts.

Setsuna
03-29-2012, 08:33 AM
4) Richardson
5) Claiborne
6) Blackmon

It's not until 7 where things will go nuts.

You're just speculating. Kalil is a lock? Why? You are copying what walterfootball.com says and it's idiotic.