PDA

View Full Version : Football Late night bullshit: my mock draft, first round.

Direckshun
03-28-2012, 09:26 PM
1. Indianapolis Colts: QB Andrew Luck, Stanford
2. Washington Redskins: QB Robert Griffin III, Baylor
3. Minnesota Vikings: OT Matt Kalil, USC
4. Cleveland Browns: WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: RB Trent Richardson, Alabama
6. St. Louis Rams: DT Michael Brockers, LSU
7. Jacksonville Jaguars: DE Melvin Ingram, South Carolina
8. Miami Dolphins: DE Quentin Coples, North Carolina
9. Carolina Panthers: CB Morris Claiborne, LSU
10. Buffalo Bills: OT Riley Reiff, Iowa
11. Kansas City Chiefs: ILB Luke Kuechly, Boston College
12. Seattle Seahawks: CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama
13. Arizona Cardinals: QB Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M
14. Dallas Cowboys: OG David DeCastro, Stanford
15. Philadelphia Eagles: CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama
16. New York Jets: WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame
17. Cincinnati Bengals: WR Kendall Wright, Baylor
18. San Diego Chargers: OT Jonathan Martin, Stanford
19. Chicago Bears: OT/OG Cordy Glenn, Georgia
20. Tennessee Titans: DE Courtney Upshaw, Alabama
21. Cincinnati Bengals: DE Nick Perry, USC
22. Cleveland Browns: DE Whitney Mercilus, Illinois
23. Detroit Lions: SS Mark Barron, Alabama
24. Pittsburgh Steelers: NT Dontari Poe, Memphis
25. Denver Broncos: DT Fletcher Cox, Mississippi State
26. Houston Texans: ILB Dont'a Hightower, Alabama
27. New England Patriots: C Peter Konz, Wisconsin
28. Green Bay Packers: DE Devon Still, Penn State
29. Baltimore Ravens: OLB Ronnell Lewis, Oklahoma
30. San Francisco 49ers: WR Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech
31. New England Patriots: DE Andre Branch, Clemson
32. New York Giants: RB Doug Martin, Boise State

DeezNutz
03-28-2012, 09:28 PM
I really like this player, but I'm just not quite sure what he's going to be doing in our defense with our current personnel.

DeezNutz
03-28-2012, 09:36 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8311165&postcount=21

AustinChief
03-28-2012, 09:38 PM
IF DeCastro falls to us... I am betting we can swing a trade down with Dallas. I would guess the trade would be a double swap of 1sts and 2nds for their 3rd.

Deberg_1990
03-28-2012, 09:41 PM
Cards taking Tannehill??

evolve27
03-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Get BPA. We need to fill many holes.

Deberg_1990
03-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Get BPA. We need to fill many holes.

Depth more than anything. There's really not a ton of holes on this team.

ChiefsCountry
Im thinking trade down with the Lions. That would put them ahead of the corner and left tackle hungry teams. Puts us in the right range for some targets that would help us.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
what if Cleveland or Miami decide they want to trade back into the 1st round and grab Tannehill if he falls to us?

would you pass on Tannehill and trade completely out of 1st this year for their 1st rd pick next year?

Direckshun
03-28-2012, 09:48 PM
Im thinking trade down with the Lions. That would put them ahead of the corner and left tackle hungry teams. Puts us in the right range for some targets that would help us.
Posted via Mobile Device

I suggested that very idea.

I was reminded that Pioli cost them a draft pick a year or two ago.

Direckshun
03-28-2012, 09:50 PM
what if Cleveland or Miami decide they want to trade back into the 1st round and grab Tannehill if he falls to us?

would you pass on Tannehill and trade completely out of 1st this year for their 1st rd pick next year?

I would the whole thing.

The first round is a luxury for us this year. Next year we need the QB. Two picks gives us maximum flexibility.

Tombstone RJ
03-28-2012, 09:53 PM
1. Indianapolis Colts: QB Andrew Luck, Stanford
2. Washington Redskins: QB Robert Griffin III, Baylor
3. Minnesota Vikings: OT Matt Kalil, USC
4. Cleveland Browns: WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: RB Trent Richardson, Alabama
6. St. Louis Rams: DT Michael Brockers, LSU
7. Jacksonville Jaguars: DE Melvin Ingram, South Carolina
8. Miami Dolphins: DE Quentin Coples, North Carolina
9. Carolina Panthers: CB Morris Claiborne, LSU
10. Buffalo Bills: OT Riley Reiff, Iowa
11. Kansas City Chiefs: ILB Luke Kuechly, Boston College
12. Seattle Seahawks: CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama
13. Arizona Cardinals: QB Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M
14. Dallas Cowboys: OG David DeCastro, Stanford
15. Philadelphia Eagles: CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama
16. New York Jets: WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame
17. Cincinnati Bengals: WR Kendall Wright, Baylor
18. San Diego Chargers: OT Jonathan Martin, Stanford
19. Chicago Bears: OT/OG Cordy Glenn, Georgia
20. Tennessee Titans: DE Courtney Upshaw, Alabama
21. Cincinnati Bengals: DE Nick Perry, USC
22. Cleveland Browns: DE Whitney Mercilus, Illinois
23. Detroit Lions: SS Mark Barron, Alabama
24. Pittsburgh Steelers: NT Dontari Poe, Memphis
25. Denver Broncos: DT Fletcher Cox, Mississippi State
26. Houston Texans: ILB Dont'a Hightower, Alabama
27. New England Patriots: C Peter Konz, Wisconsin
28. Green Bay Packers: DE Devon Still, Penn State
29. Baltimore Ravens: OLB Ronnell Lewis, Oklahoma
30. San Francisco 49ers: WR Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech
31. New England Patriots: DE Andre Branch, Clemson
32. New York Giants: RB Doug Martin, Boise State

:drool:

this would be ideal for Denver...

RealSNR
03-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Picks 14-32 are pretty spot on. I like them all.

4: Tough pick. Blackmon's definitely a possibility along with Tannehill, Richardson, or one of the pass rushers. What you did here is definitely fair.

6: We're going to disagree about Brockers for awhile. I have trouble believing his best use in the pros is as a 3-technique. Even if it is, I think I would prefer Fletcher Cox in that role over Brockers. Massive reach, but eh... shit happens. I have a real hard time believing that St. Louis wouldn't pull the trigger on Claiborne if he fell all the way to 6.

8: I like the idea of Philbin passing over Tannehill in spite of his former coach being on the team. Philbin probably figures he gets one free rebuilding year, and will use the opportunity to get some other playmakers on the team before the Dolphins get a real crack at a QB in next year's draft (something they were supposed to do this year)

9: Insane value pick for the Panthers. Just something that has no chance in hell of happening, that's all. There's just no way this guy makes it past the Vikings, Bucs, Rams, Jaguars, AND Dolphins

10: Nothing wrong with this pick. It's probably the best way to go. I just can't imagine being a Bills fan when that pick is made, that's all. If there's a franchise that slurps more true fan shit than the Chiefs, it's the fucking Bills. I would probably have committed suicide long ago if I were a fan of that team.

11: I'm buying your reasoning for this being Pioli's pick more and more. It's not the way I'd go, but I definitely understand the rationale behind it.

12: Are you channeling John Schneider's/Pete Carroll's inner retard with this pick? The Seahawks can certainly stand to improve their depth, but they've got two former Pro Bowlers starting for them in Trufant and Browner. If Jenkins were Claiborne they'd definitely have to take him, but this is Jenkins we're talking about. And this is with a TON of fine defensive linemen available in Fletcher Cox, Nick Perry, and Whitney Mercilus. John Schneider's a Ron Wolf disciple- if the guy isn't squeaky clean, they won't want him

13: I like it. Sexy pick.

Direckshun
03-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Picks 14-32 are pretty spot on. I like them all.

4: Tough pick. Blackmon's definitely a possibility along with Tannehill, Richardson, or one of the pass rushers. What you did here is definitely fair.

6: We're going to disagree about Brockers for awhile. I have trouble believing his best use in the pros is as a 3-technique. Even if it is, I think I would prefer Fletcher Cox in that role over Brockers. Massive reach, but eh... shit happens. I have a real hard time believing that St. Louis wouldn't pull the trigger on Claiborne if he fell all the way to 6.

8: I like the idea of Philbin passing over Tannehill in spite of his former coach being on the team. Philbin probably figures he gets one free rebuilding year, and will use the opportunity to get some other playmakers on the team before the Dolphins get a real crack at a QB in next year's draft (something they were supposed to do this year)

9: Insane value pick for the Panthers. Just something that has no chance in hell of happening, that's all. There's just no way this guy makes it past the Vikings, Bucs, Rams, Jaguars, AND Dolphins

10: Nothing wrong with this pick. It's probably the best way to go. I just can't imagine being a Bills fan when that pick is made, that's all. If there's a franchise that slurps more true fan shit than the Chiefs, it's the ****ing Bills. I would probably have committed suicide long ago if I were a fan of that team.

11: I'm buying your reasoning for this being Pioli's pick more and more. It's not the way I'd go, but I definitely understand the rationale behind it.

12: Are you channeling John Schneider's/Pete Carroll's inner retard with this pick? The Seahawks can certainly stand to improve their depth, but they've got two former Pro Bowlers starting for them in Trufant and Browner. If Jenkins were Claiborne they'd definitely have to take him, but this is Jenkins we're talking about. And this is with a TON of fine defensive linemen available in Fletcher Cox, Nick Perry, and Whitney Mercilus. John Schneider's a Ron Wolf disciple- if the guy isn't squeaky clean, they won't want him

13: I like it. Sexy pick.

Good post. Great feedback.

Trufant will not be a Seahawk when the season begins.

ChiefsCountry
03-28-2012, 10:41 PM
I forgot about the Lions, now with Tannehill on the clock - I would try to go back to the well with Cleveland. Get the 22 pick and their 3rd would be nice.

RealSNR
03-28-2012, 10:46 PM

:doh!: I have not been keeping up with Seahawks news like a responsible CP Mock Draft GM should. Trufant was released on the 7th and I completely missed it. Shame on me.

In any case, Richard Sherman has a bright future, as does Walter Thurmond entering his third year. There's also Byron Maxwell, a promising player entering his second season. And my criticism about character problem players and the Ron Wolf philosophy is still true. It's even more prevalent in that circle than it is in the Patriot Way.

L.A. Chieffan
03-28-2012, 10:49 PM
No way Poe falls that far

Bewbies
03-28-2012, 10:50 PM
If the Browns wanted to move up I'd try to trade for next years #1 not this years #23. That #1 could be very, very high. :)

RealSNR
03-28-2012, 10:52 PM
If the Browns wanted to move up I'd try to trade for next years #1 not this years #23. That #1 could be very, very high. :)Which is why they wouldn't do it.

BossChief
03-29-2012, 12:32 AM
If it fell like that and we didn't take Tanehill, Id be a little mad.

Ill take a 25% chance at a franchise qb over a non play making ILB all day, every day....but I agree that what you posted is probably whats gonna happen there.

Fairplay
03-29-2012, 12:48 AM
If we trade down or stay whoever we get, the Chiefs organization will say
that is the player we wanted all along.

RealSNR
03-29-2012, 01:00 AM
Heh. It's funny because it's true.

And to some extent it's legitimate. Eric Berry is a player that EVERY team should have wanted all along. It works for Tyson Jackson as well, because at #3 there are only two chances for a team to grab the player you wanted all along, and Jackson was such a WTF pick that it's clear the team was dumb enough to think he was worth it. And I don't know about Jon Baldwin, but the way Scott Pioli told that story in the press conference made it seem so real. About how the team was talking to him quite a bit before the draft, and then when it came time to selecting at 21, there were some other teams that wanted the pick, so the Chiefs got some extra choices and knew they could still grab their wanted player at 27.

But this year, I'd say that streak of picking the guy they wanted all along comes to an end. The guy Romeo definitely wanted all along was RGIII.

Direckshun
03-29-2012, 03:10 AM
You can want several guys all along.

BryanBusby
03-29-2012, 03:19 AM

They still have more pressing needs than CB though. They need a new LG since they released Gallery and desperately need a more effective pass-rusher opposite of Clemons.

I also don't see the current regime in Seattle as risk takers, so I'd hesitate to think they'd gamble on Jenkins.

E: The more I look at it, the more I disagree with this mock. The Eagles like to take Dlinemen early, they need some and there are some nice candidates for them. Bengals need long-term answers in the secondary more than Kendall Wright, the Jets need someone that can apply pressure on Defense, the Cardinals have decent options at QB and literally no protection for them.....can Tannehill play OL? Steelers need Hightower more than they need Poe and Lewis/Martin shouldn't be going in the first round. The Browns have flirted with too many QB's for me to buy they are going to settle with Colt McCoy. They are smoke screening hoping the Dolphins are dumb enough to buy it, so they won't trade with the Vikings.

Deberg_1990
03-29-2012, 06:32 AM

What are they supposed to say?

"Well, we traded down, hopeing (Fill in the ________) would be there, but he got picked earlier than we anticipated. We eventually settled for (Fill in the ___________). Not quite what we wanted, hopefully he works out for us."

Fansy the Famous Bard
03-29-2012, 06:47 AM
Still at 28? Man if there's ANY WAY to trade down, this is a draft that could benefit KC immensely by trading down. There is a lot of talent out there that could help the chiefs late in the first round, still. And not a whole heck of a lot at 11 that would be that much more valuable to the team. A trade and picking up additional value in mid rounds makes soo much sense.

If Pioli is able to trade down and pick up a guy like Still in the later third of the first round, he will have hit a home run in my opinion.

the Talking Can
03-29-2012, 07:02 AM
If it fell like that and we didn't take Tanehill, Id be a little mad.

Ill take a 25% chance at a franchise qb over a non play making ILB all day, every day....but I agree that what you posted is probably whats gonna happen there.

i agree...at some point you just have to pull the fucking trigger

we drafted DJ over Rodgers...and here we are drafting another ILB over a QB?

roll the damn dice

htismaqe
03-29-2012, 07:51 AM
i agree...at some point you just have to pull the ****ing trigger

we drafted DJ over Rodgers...and here we are drafting another ILB over a QB?

roll the damn dice

It's one thing to do it if he falls to 11. It's another thing altogether to trade up for him...

Pasta Little Brioni
03-29-2012, 08:00 AM
Do not want

Coogs
03-29-2012, 08:06 AM
What is the story on Brandon Siler? Wasn't he supposed to be in a key piece in the LB rotation before his injury last preseason?

Pasta Little Brioni
03-29-2012, 08:08 AM
Sounds like he'll be back at a reserve roll. Chiefs are fine at ILB. I can see them spending maybe a mid rounder for depth.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlPR2d0jS5xCrlWILSBdyxT.uLYF?slug=ap-chiefs-belcher

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP)—Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher has signed his restricted free agent tender, which was at the second-round level and will pay him $1,972,000 for the 2012 season.

The team announced that Belcher had signed his tender Thursday.

Belcher went undrafted in 2009 out of Maine, but he’s become a solid contributor in the middle of the Kansas City defense. He’s made 34 starts in 48 games over three seasons.

He also has experience on special teams.

Belcher will compete with Brandon Siler for the middle linebacker spot alongside Pro Bowl selection Derrick Johnson this season. Siler missed last season after tearing his Achilles tendon early in training camp.

Coogs
03-29-2012, 08:14 AM
Sounds like he'll be back at a reserve roll. Chiefs are fine at ILB. I can see them spending maybe a mid rounder for depth.

That's what I was thinking. I thought we were in pretty good shape at the ILB position with those 3. Mid rounder for depth makes more sense.

ForeverChiefs58
03-29-2012, 08:15 AM
If the Miami Dolphins don't take Tannehill their fans may riot in the streets. Their offensive coordinator Mike Sherman was his college coach, it is a good fit and fills a giant need after failing to land Manning or Flynn.

Coogs
03-29-2012, 08:23 AM
If the Miami Dolphins don't take Tannehill their fans may riot in the streets. Their offensive coordinator Mike Sherman was his college coach, it is a good fit and fills a giant need after failing to land Manning or Flynn.

Maybe the Dolphins will take a kickoff/punt returner instead of a QB again. :shrug:

patteeu
03-29-2012, 08:25 AM

If they don't take him, we shouldn't either.

ForeverChiefs58
03-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Belcher is alright against the run, but cannot cover a TE or WR running down the field.

Brandon Siler hasn't even played in a game since 2010, anyone who counts on him is probably also counting on Cassel.

Our defense has this tendency to let teams score over 30 points on us too many times.

We do need a ballhawk guy that can hit the hole, but also run stride for stride with TE's and WR's downfield. Then has the conditioning the very next play to hit the hole again without seeming worn down or needing to come off the field. If Romeo feels Kuechly can do all that, our defense will be much better off.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Belcher is alright against the run, but cannot cover a TE or WR running down the field.

Brandon Siler hasn't even played in a game since 2010, anyone who counts on him is probably also counting on Cassel.

Our defense has this tendency to let teams score over 30 points on us too many times.

We do need a ballhawk guy that can hit the hole, but also run stride for stride with TE's and WR's downfield. Then has the conditioning the very next play to hit the hole again without seeming worn down or needing to come off the field. If Romeo feels Kuechly can do all that, our defense will be much better off.

:spock: They gave up 17 and a half points a game after the disaster of the first 2 weeks (when the offense comitted like 20 turnovers). They scored 212 points the entire season and somehow still won 7 games thanks to that "defense that has a tendency to let teams score over 30 points"

Lightrise
03-29-2012, 09:12 AM
Yuck!!!! I see NOTHING worthy of this pick in the first round even.

Mr. Laz
03-29-2012, 09:41 AM
trade down or stay whoever they get, Any organization will say that is the player we wanted all along.
FYP

it's the way it works, whomever a team gets is the player they really wanted.

htismaqe
03-29-2012, 09:46 AM
FYP

it's the way it works, whomever a team gets is the player they really wanted.

Exactly. I'm not sure why anybody would think differently.

"We really wanted that QB but we decided to settle for this guy." ROFL

ForeverChiefs58
03-29-2012, 09:51 AM
:spock: They gave up 17 and a half points a game after the disaster of the first 2 weeks (when the offense comitted like 20 turnovers). They scored 212 points the entire season and somehow still won 7 games thanks to that "defense that has a tendency to let teams score over 30 points"

I was meaning that most of the playoff teams last year would have easily put up over 30 on us. I was thinking of the Baltimore playoff loss, but yeah, some of these too:

To close out the year before:

Raiders - 32-20

Raiders- 31-10

Baltimore playoff game- 30-7

Buffalo Bills - 41 - 7

Detroit Lions - 48 - 3

Miami Dolphins - 31 - 3

New England Patriots - 34 - 3

New York Jets - 37 - 10

L.A. Chieffan
04-27-2012, 01:21 AM
No way Poe falls that far

Say what!?

Simply Red
04-27-2012, 01:27 AM
L.A. Chieffan has been mistaken me for this dickhead, Scott Pioli.

It seems logical because L.A. Chieffan knew the pick

and in fact does the same exact thing Pioli does.

He also has a penchant for Valentino suits and Oliver Peoples glasses.

Pioli and L.A. Chieffan even go to the same barber,

although Pioli has a slightly better haircut.

L.A. Chieffan
04-27-2012, 01:28 AM
I had lunch with Scott Pioli in London no more than a week ago.