PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Sent Romeo Crennel To Alabama Pro Day

Mr_Tomahawk
03-30-2012, 09:32 AM
Chiefs Sent Romeo Crennel To Alabama Pro Day

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/3/30/2913875/chiefs-romeo-crennel-alabama-pro-day

When you're a school like Alabama, sometimes one pro day isn't enough. Alabama football conducted their first pro day in early March and it didn't draw a significant amount of attention. On Thursday, Alabama conducted their second pro day with guys like Trent Richardson, Courtney Upshaw and Mark Barron. That one drew some more attention than the first one.

The Birmingham News reports that Kansas City Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel was among four head coaches in attendance on Thursday, including New England Patriots' Bill Belichick, Cleveland Browns' Pat Shurmur and Dallas Cowboys' Jason Garrett. There were also a few general managers, including Tennessee Titans' Ruston Webster, San Francisco 49ers' Trent Baalke, Detroit Lions' Martin Mayhew, Pittsburgh Steelers' Kevin Colbert and Cleveland Browns' Tom Heckert.

Richardson will probably be gone by the time the 11th pick comes around. Notice that the Browns sent both their head coach and GM to Richardson's workout and not Ryan Tannehill's on the same day. Upshaw has a shot to be available at No. 11, even though some have connected him to the Bills at No. 10. Barron will likely be there.

The Chiefs love themselves some SEC players so don't be surprised if you see an Alabama guy drafted this year.

jspchief
03-30-2012, 09:37 AM
5 potential 1st rnd picks

philfree
03-30-2012, 09:40 AM
5 potential 1st rnd picks

Haven't seen or heard anything about Hightower. Did he work out at the first pro day or did he just get ignored yesterday?

talastan
03-30-2012, 09:43 AM
:shrug: Info on Josh Chapman maybe?

O.city
03-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Hightower, IMO, woudl be the prototypical thumper in our defense. He's not extremely fast from sideline to sideline but he's big and smart.

Dayze
03-30-2012, 09:47 AM
I'd take any of the 5 potential 1st round picks.
Hightower
Upshaw
Chapman
Barron
Kirkpatrick

suds79
03-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Guess teams had Richardson's 40 time all over the place. Some 4.45. Some 4.61

Think we needed them all to be 4.5+ to have a shot.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1124782-tampa-bay-buccaneers-trent-richardsons-40-times-create-total-confusion

O.city
03-30-2012, 09:49 AM
If we don't sit at 11 and grab Tannehill, I'd love to trade down, grab an extra 2 or third round pick and take HIghtower.

I think he would fit next to DJ, perfect in our scheme at the thumper. Hell he can even play some OLB in rush situations. He's very versatile.

Dayze
03-30-2012, 09:50 AM
Richardson and Ingram bother remind me of Emmitt Smith. Not terribly fast in a straight line, but have good vision, set up blocks well, tough runners, strong, durable, protect the ball at all costs, football smart.

I wouldn't be concerned about a 4.6 forty time. Any of the 'experts' who think it's an issue, are morons. He's never been a true speed guy ec.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-30-2012, 09:50 AM
If we don't sit at 11 and grab Tannehill, I'd love to trade down, grab an extra 2 or third round pick and take HIghtower.

I think he would fit next to DJ, perfect in our scheme at the thumper. Hell he can even play some OLB in rush situations. He's very versatile.

Tannehill won't make it past Miami.

philfree
03-30-2012, 09:52 AM

Yeah all the Tannehill talk is probably moot.

O.city
03-30-2012, 09:52 AM

Probably not, but I'm liking what I'm reading about him.

Dayze
03-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Yeah all the Tannehill talk is probably mute.

FYP

Dave Lane
03-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Probably not, but I'm liking what I'm reading about him.

Link?

O.city
03-30-2012, 09:55 AM
Look in the Tannehill thread, I don't wanna bombard this thread with it.

O.city
03-30-2012, 09:55 AM
I think, for my money, I'd try like hell to trade down and take Hightower.

htismaqe
03-30-2012, 10:11 AM
So many guys to see - Richardson, Upshaw, Barron, Chapman - wow...

O.city
03-30-2012, 10:19 AM
What do you guys think about Hightower?

Seems to me that he fits our scheme better than Kuechly.

ForeverChiefs58
03-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Would love it if Trent Richardson somehow fell to us. If not, Mark Barron would make our secondary pretty sick for a rehabbing broken Manning.

Too bad they didn't love them some SEC Alabama Terrance Cody. We could really use his fat ass at nose. Hope they fix NT this year. McCluster< Cody.

BigChiefFan
03-30-2012, 10:22 AM
I would hope so, since they have six guys that could go in the first round.

Dayze
03-30-2012, 10:25 AM

I would like Hightower more the Kuelchl, IMO. He's smart, good angles, takes on blockers/sheds them really well. Plays with leverage. Strong, fast for his size, excellent tackler.

ForeverChiefs58
03-30-2012, 10:33 AM

Hightower is a thumper like Belcher, but unlike Kuechly, he is not going to run stride for stride with a speedy TE or WR down the field.

I would guess it just depends what type of defense we are running and what Crennel is going to want to ask the LBers to do. If we are going to see very much two TE sets and not get eaten alive by the pass, I would think we would want a more coverage LBer.

Lightrise
03-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah all the Tannehill talk is probably moot.

I simply don't agree with the Tannehill argument. I would be stunned if he were there at 11 but I don't see it. Regardless, I think we should take Weeden...he is super accurate, heck of an arm, mature enough to improve us THIS year with a quick signing. If the dynamics has truly shifted in Denver's direction this year, Manning only gets older, so, get Weeden, put him out there, see if we can get another qb next year, cut ties with Cassel NOW and just let er rip down the field. Forget Tannehill...but this with Weeden is doable...draft DeCastro, trade up in the second for Weeden...and trade some picks for next year...just use the money to satisfy Bowe and sign Albert. Something other than this just leaves something we're sinking effort into that won't pay off.

Direckshun
03-30-2012, 11:02 AM
I'd take any of the 5 potential 1st round picks.
Hightower
Upshaw
Chapman
Barron
Kirkpatrick

Hightower is a two-down linebacker.

Upshaw is going to bust when he's taken by a 3-4 team that expects him to be a lot more athletic than he is.

Barron and Kirkpatrick are the surefire first round successes.

Chapman is incredibly talented, but his undersized nature and injury history will make him a 3rd rounder at best.

O.city
03-30-2012, 11:14 AM
I think for what we ask the other LB to do in our scheme, opposite DJ, Hightower fits that role perfectly.

Problem is taking him in the first round.

Dayze
03-30-2012, 12:06 PM

Upshaw is going to bust when he's taken by a 3-4 team that expects him to be a lot more athletic than he is.

Chapman is incredibly talented, but his undersized nature and injury history will make him a 3rd rounder at best.

yeah, good point. I hadn't thought of that.

htismaqe
03-30-2012, 12:19 PM

Hightower is pretty much a bigger, better Belcher.

Upshaw, IMO, might be best-suited to move inside in a 4-3.

Not that they're all surefire 1st round talents, but damn that's one pro-day with a TON of potential...

O.city
03-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Say we could stay at 11 and grab Tannehill.

Trade back up into the first for Hightower.

I'd take that.

Saccopoo
03-30-2012, 12:22 PM
I would like Hightower more the Kuelchl, IMO. He's smart, good angles, takes on blockers/sheds them really well. Plays with leverage. Strong, fast for his size, excellent tackler.

Weird, that sounds just like Kuechly...

with the exception of Kuechly being infinitely more productive and more athletic.

I like Hightower as well, but he's not going to give you anything over Belcher other than less experience, where Kuechly has the athleticism to also be adapt at excellent pass coverage (which is the small knock on Belcher).

Dayze
03-30-2012, 12:25 PM
Weird, that sounds just like Kuechly...

with the exception of Kuechly being infinitely more productive and more athletic.

I like Hightower as well, but he's not going to give you anything over Belcher other than less experience, where Kuechly has the athleticism to also be adapt at excellent pass coverage (which is the small knock on Belcher).

Yeah. I had Hightower just slightly ahead of him, but not much. I'd be happy with either

Saccopoo
03-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Say we could stay at 11 and grab Tannehill.

Trade back up into the first for Hightower.

I'd take that.

Anyone wanting to spend the 11th pick in the draft on Tannehill is certifiably insane.

Small hands, no experience, pooped his drawers in clutch/important situations and had his worst games against his best competition. He's not overly big (6'2", 220 lbs.) and has a relatively small frame. He also doesn't have a cannon for an arm. Adequate, but not great by any stretch.

The guy is a fourth rounder at best. I have no idea who is pushing this guy up into the first round, but he's got "massive project" written all over him. Jimmy Clausen without the QB experience. But god knows how most of you were jerking yourself silly about the thought of drafting Clausen in the first, so Tannehill makes perfect sense, at least around here.

evolve27
03-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Tyler Wilson next year!

Predarat
03-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Bet the docked the airfare and hotel costs from his paycheck.

O.city
03-30-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm just throwing ideas out there.

Whoever we take at 11 is gonna have questions marks.

suds79
03-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Tyler Wilson next year!

That's what we always hear around here. Next year.

I imagine our drafting position will be even worse next year. And if Tyler Wilson is as good as everybody thinks he is, we won't be able to draft him.

Have to take a chance on a QB at some point.

BossChief
03-30-2012, 12:39 PM

I'm a huge fan, but reality is that he is just a better version of Belcher.

2 down backer.

I'd love for us to get Barron and Chapman in the first and third.

whoman69
03-30-2012, 12:44 PM

Thing I worry about Hightower is his ability to cover. Belcher had to cover 200 times in our base defense as teams are passing more on 1st and 2nd downs. I think we're getting an increase against the run and a drop against the pass. If we're going ILB I'd rather it were Luke Kuechly even though he isn't a stick the run kind of backer. He does make tackles and is very sure on that, and is much better in coverage than Belcher and certainly Hightower.

philfree
03-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Anyone wanting to spend the 11th pick in the draft on Tannehill is certifiably insane.

Small hands, no experience, pooped his drawers in clutch/important situations and had his worst games against his best competition. He's not overly big (6'2", 220 lbs.) and has a relatively small frame. He also doesn't have a cannon for an arm. Adequate, but not great by any stretch.

The guy is a fourth rounder at best. I have no idea who is pushing this guy up into the first round, but he's got "massive project" written all over him. Jimmy Clausen without the QB experience. But god knows how most of you were jerking yourself silly about the thought of drafting Clausen in the first, so Tannehill makes perfect sense, at least around here.

He's 6'3 7/8" tall not 6'2". I bet if he were an O lineman you'd have your facts straight. You'd Probably even know his penis size.

Buckweath
03-30-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm a huge fan, but reality is that he is just a better version of Belcher.

2 down backer.

I'd love for us to get Barron and Chapman in the first and third.

There is absolutely no way the Chiefs draft Barron in the 1st round, even as BPA IMO. This team already has a potentially top 5 safety in Berry and an improving Kendrick Lewis who is at worse an average FS in this league. It`s clear we need depth, not replacing Lewis.

ForeverChiefs58
03-30-2012, 01:23 PM
There is absolutely no way the Chiefs draft Barron in the 1st round, even as BPA IMO. This team already has a potentially top 5 safety in Berry and an improving Kendrick Lewis who is at worse an average FS in this league. It`s clear we need depth, not replacing Lewis.

He would only replace Lewis in two safety sets. The Chiefs could play more 3 safety sets with Barron.

mcaj22
03-30-2012, 01:43 PM
there is no way they are going into the season with just Berry, Kyle McCarthy, Donald Washington and Kendrick Lewis as the safeties on this roster

the market is bare. So they are going to have to get someone in the draft one way or another because if we get hit by the injury bug at safety like last season we are FUCKED.

BossChief
03-30-2012, 01:53 PM

I know this is gonna ruffle some feathers, but Lewis = Page.

Also, we are in nickel 60% of the time.

mikey23545
03-30-2012, 02:01 PM
He's 6'3 7/8" tall not 6'2". I bet if he were an O lineman you'd have your facts straight. You'd Probably even know his penis size.

He'd probably know what his jizz tastes like...

the Talking Can
03-30-2012, 02:08 PM

says the guy who wanted a maxed-out meatbag like ponder in the first...

ForeverChiefs58
03-30-2012, 02:27 PM

This.

Kuechly is more productive agianst the run and pass than any LBer in this draft. He might not give a jarring hit to a RB like Hightower who plays at around 260 pounds, but he is extremely good at getting guys to the ground. Plus, Hightower will not be near as good on special teams or blanketing guys in coverage.

Coaches want a player that stops the offense from making a play whether on 1st, 2nd or 3rd down and then again on special teams without coming off the field. No player in the country was better at stopping offenses than Kuechly. The kid just makes plays.

Plus, he only played ILB for 2 years. He will get even better.

This shows him making plays against the run, pass and on special teams. He stops the run and doesn't let anyone by him, intercepting passes, not being fooled by misdirection plays, and having the speed to be the first guy down the field to make plays on special teams.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jRxbEf7XB-g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-zdT0dTrynE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze
03-30-2012, 02:30 PM
all I know is, never bet on the white guy.

ForeverChiefs58
03-30-2012, 02:35 PM
all I know is, never bet on the white guy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-zdT0dTrynE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saccopoo
03-30-2012, 07:54 PM
says the guy who wanted a maxed-out meatbag like ponder in the first...

Ponder is/was a much better quarterback at the same stage. What have you been smoking?

DTLB58
03-30-2012, 08:14 PM
I like how this was titled "Chiefs" sent Romeo Crennel To Alabama Pro day.

Like Romeo has to be told and or sent to certain pro days cause he can't think for himself.

ForeverChiefs58
03-30-2012, 08:48 PM
I like how this was titled "Chiefs" sent Romeo Crennel To Alabama Pro day.

Like Romeo has to be told and or sent to certain pro days cause he can't think for himself.

Pioli has the Jedi mind trick:

Romeo: "I want to go check out the KU Pro day."

Pioli: "No you don't."

Romeo: "No, you're right, I don't. Maybe I meant to say Alabama?"

Pioli: "Yes, Alabama."

Romeo: They have a lot of talent there, right?"

Pioli: "Yes, that's right Romeo."

milkman
04-01-2012, 07:15 AM
Someone, please tell me what great coverage LBs are covering guys like Graham, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Davis.....etc.

It's a myth.

Nightfyre
04-01-2012, 07:23 AM
Someone, please tell me what great coverage LBs are covering guys like Graham, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Davis.....etc.

It's a myth.

You have to man up on these guys with safeties or big corners. Its a fact of life in the high-powered offense-driven nfl of today.

milkman
04-01-2012, 07:33 AM
You have to man up on these guys with safeties or big corners. Its a fact of life in the high-powered offense-driven nfl of today.

You improve your coverage over the middle with the 3 safety sub-packages that Crennel uses on passing downs, and you improve your safety subpackage with Mark Barron.

There isn't a LB in this league that can cover those guys, and Luke Kuechly isn't going to be any better at it than every other LB.

Nightfyre
04-01-2012, 07:37 AM
You improve your coverage over the middle with the 3 safety sub-packages that Crennel uses on passing downs, and you improve your safety subpackage with Mark Barron.

There isn't a LB in this league that can cover those guys, and Luke Kuechly isn't going to be any better at it than every other LB.

If we trade down to ~25 and pick up a first next year, I have no problem picking up Barron.

milkman
04-01-2012, 07:45 AM
If we trade down to ~25 and pick up a first next year, I have no problem picking up Barron.

If Luke Kuechly is this great LB that we have to have, they why is there seemingly no market for his services when we are on the board?

Why does it appear that no one is in the least bit interested to trade up for him?

People here are overvaluing him.

He's not some great difference making type player that people are trying to paint him to be.

I'm sitting at #11, no one wants to trade up, I'm taking the guy that I believe helps this team the most, and that guy is not Luke Kuechly.

Mark Barron does more for this defense than Luke Kuechly.

Nightfyre
04-01-2012, 07:47 AM
If Luke Kuechly is this great LB that we have to have, they why is there seemingly no market for his services when we are on the board?

Why does it appear that no one is in the least bit interested to trade up for him?

People here are overvaluing him.

He's not some great difference making type player that people are trying to paint him to be.

I'm sitting at #11, no one wants to trade up, I'm taking the guy that I believe helps this team the most, and that guy is not Luke Kuechly.

Mark Barron does more for this defense than Luke Kuechly.
I think Brockers is the guy for me if we are stuck at 11. I think Perry out of USC could be a good pick as well.

jspchief
04-01-2012, 07:51 AM

Wtf is a "passing down"?

Every down is a passing down in today's NFL. You can't predict every sub situation, so having a lb that can cover is a good idea.

milkman
04-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Wtf is a "passing down"?

Every down is a passing down in today's NFL. You can't predict every sub situation, so having a lb that can cover is a good idea.

All the more reason that Barron makes more sense.

Three isn't a LB or saftey that can cover the great TEs in this league, but I'll take Barron and Berry's combination of speed and athletic ability to make a play on the ball over Kuechly's.

Coogs
04-01-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm starting to lean towards Melvin Ingram at #11. With Manning and Rivers throwing in our division... and Palmer to an extent... we need to get them under pressure as quick as possible, or they will pick us apart. Ingram appears to be a guy who can move all over and still apply pressure. Hali, Houston, and Ingram might be more important to us winning the West than anything outside of hitting a home run at QB.

whoman69
04-01-2012, 10:10 AM

You ignore the fact that Belcher was on the field in our base defense 200 times against the pass on 1st and 2nd downs, where he was useless. Luke Kuechly certainly does better than Belcher.

BossChief
04-01-2012, 11:39 AM
In order of my preference:

Tanehill (I would move up to get him)
Richardson
Barron
Ingram
Kirkpatrick (unless Claiborne falls to us)
Brockers

Decastro

(take a nap)

Kuechly

The kid is a solid linebacker, but in no way is an impact player.

milkman
04-01-2012, 12:47 PM
You ignore the fact that Belcher was on the field in our base defense 200 times against the pass on 1st and 2nd downs, where he was useless. Luke Kuechly certainly does better than Belcher.

No, I don't ignore that.

You guys ignore the fact that there isn't a LB that can cover the TEs that you think Kuechly can cover.

I am not going to waste a pick on a guy that can't do what it is that you dumbasses think he can do.

SDKCCHIEFS
04-01-2012, 01:05 PM
I'd take T-Rich! or Barron

xztop12
04-01-2012, 01:25 PM
im not sure what melvin ingram does for us.

I mean sure, its nice to compile numbers of good pass-rushers, but last year it was generally Hali rushing the passer and Houston dropping into coverage, or vice versa... Ingram would be a 3rd down specialist, i dont know whjere he fits 1st and 2nd

J Diddy
04-01-2012, 01:28 PM
No, I don't ignore that.

You guys ignore the fact that there isn't a LB that can cover the TEs that you think Kuechly can cover.

I am not going to waste a pick on a guy that can't do what it is that you dumbasses think he can do.

Who is your wish? I'm sure you posted this but I'm too old to dig through old threads.

J Diddy
04-01-2012, 01:29 PM
I'd take T-Rich! or Barron

How did you get in the red in your first 15 posts?

xztop12
04-01-2012, 01:47 PM
trade down

1. hightower
2a. Harrison Smith
2b. Ta'amu

Defense done.

whoman69
04-01-2012, 02:34 PM
No, I don't ignore that.

The TEs that you are talking about nobody can cover. Belcher turns your average TE into all-world. The fact is that Belcher is on the field a good portion of time when he is a liability. I think Kuechly is at least Belcher's equal against the run and much better against the pass. He's an upgrade in a draft when we have only a few positions that we can get a starter on the field. Its bad enough that in our base defense we have nobody on the line that can get to the passer, though Jackson is getting better. If this was 1975 and teams rarely pass on 1st and 2nd down, Belcher might be good enough. He's not. We need an upgrade.

whoman69
04-01-2012, 02:38 PM
trade down

1. hightower
2a. Harrison Smith
2b. Ta'amu

Defense done.

Hightower is 260 lbs. What is he going to do on passing plays? Going to have to call a lot of zones.

ForeverChiefs58
04-01-2012, 02:46 PM

It's a myth.

I respectfully disagree. Watching the 49ers with one of the best coverage LBs in Patrick Wiliis beat Drew Brees with Jimmy Graham was testiment of how important a LB like him can be. That 49er defense happens to have a very mediocore secondary, but the defense isn't the one that let that team down.

From http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/1/11/2698612/49ers-vs-saints-2012-nfl-playoffs-patrick-willis-co-vs-jimmy-graham

"49ers linebacker Patrick Willis will draw the primary assignment on Jimmy Graham. Dashon Goldson and Donte Whitner will get plenty of opportunities to help out, but Willis will be the first line of defense.

Football Outsiders ranks the 49ers sixth in defending against tight ends and much of that has to do with Patrick Willis and his filthy athleticism."

Patrick Wiliis is one of the very few LBers that were also able to contain Tony G at his prime back when he played for the Chiefs. LBers that can cover like him are very few and far between, but show how important it can be to get one.

I don't know if Kuechly will ever be as good as Willis, but Kuechly is without a doubt the best coverage LBer in this draft and they have very comparable numbers. If you are in need of a coverage LB, getting the best one that shatters records and is a complete tackling machine wouldn't be a bad thing.

I would love Barron or any player Romeo feels confident can improve our defense even more this year.

milkman
04-01-2012, 04:00 PM
I respectfully disagree. Watching the 49ers with one of the best coverage LBs in Patrick Wiliis beat Drew Brees with Jimmy Graham was testiment of how important a LB like him can be. That 49er defense happens to have a very mediocore secondary, but the defense isn't the one that let that team down.

From http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/1/11/2698612/49ers-vs-saints-2012-nfl-playoffs-patrick-willis-co-vs-jimmy-graham

"49ers linebacker Patrick Willis will draw the primary assignment on Jimmy Graham. Dashon Goldson and Donte Whitner will get plenty of opportunities to help out, but Willis will be the first line of defense.

Football Outsiders ranks the 49ers sixth in defending against tight ends and much of that has to do with Patrick Willis and his filthy athleticism."

Patrick Wiliis is one of the very few LBers that were also able to contain Tony G at his prime back when he played for the Chiefs. LBers that can cover like him are very few and far between, but show how important it can be to get one.

I don't know if Kuechly will ever be as good as Willis, but Kuechly is without a doubt the best coverage LBer in this draft and they have very comparable numbers. If you are in need of a coverage LB, getting the best one that shatters records and is a complete tackling machine wouldn't be a bad thing.

I would love Barron or any player Romeo feels confident can improve our defense even more this year.

Willis is so great in pass defense that he held Jimmy Graham to 5 catches for 103 yards in their playoff win.

milkman
04-01-2012, 04:04 PM
And for the record, this new breed of TE is faster and more athletic than Tony G was.

These LBs are can not cover these guys.

Belcher improved last year in coverage from the previous year.

He is never going to be a great cover backer, but as I said, there is no such thing.

He will, if he continues to progress at the same rate, no longer be a liability, however.

O.city
04-01-2012, 04:57 PM
If it were me and I were worried about covering TE's, I'm taking a big strong athletic safety.

Take Barron, have him , Berry, and Lewis all on the field as much as you can and let them guard.

whoman69
04-01-2012, 06:04 PM
If it were me and I were worried about covering TE's, I'm taking a big strong athletic safety.

Take Barron, have him , Berry, and Lewis all on the field as much as you can and let them guard.

You do that in your base defense and its going to take away from your ability to guard against the run. Belcher isn't on the field if we go to a special pass package. But too many times he is on the field against a pass play because we are in a base defense against a standard 2 RB, 1 TE, 2 WR set or even a 2 TE power package.

ForeverChiefs58
04-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Willis is so great in pass defense that he held Jimmy Graham to 5 catches for 103 yards in their playoff win.

Then again, Flowers is one of the best CB's in the league and WR's can have 100 yard days against him too, but they would have even more against an average CB. Makes me wonder what Graham would have had against a more average LBer in that game.

Romeo knows his personel the best and if he thinks Barron would help us more, then I hope they get him whether we pick at #11 or trade down. He would make our secondary just ridiculous.

I like Lewis, but like Belcher, I think both positions can be upgraded.

We are in a strange spot at 11. We should be able to get a top 10 player. There most certainly will be a player that is unexpected in the top 10 like most years, which means someone with top 10 talent will be there at #11. I personally hope that player is Richardson, because I think he would contribute the most right away. Although it sounds like he doesn't get past the Browns.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5TnM7CIHATw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

milkman
04-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Then again, Flowers is one of the best CB's in the league and WR's can have 100 yard days against him too, but they would have even more against an average CB. Makes me wonder what Graham would have had against a more average LBer in that game.

Romeo knows his personel the best and if he thinks Barron would help us more, then I hope they get him whether we pick at #11 or trade down. He would make our secondary just ridiculous.

I like Lewis, but like Belcher, I think both positions can be upgraded.

We are in a strange spot at 11. We should be able to get a top 10 player. There most certainly will be a player that is unexpected in the top 10 like most years, which means someone with top 10 talent will be there at #11. I personally hope that player is Richardson, because I think he would contribute the most right away. Although it sounds like he doesn't get past the Browns.

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5TnM7CIHATw" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

The point is, people act as though Luke Kuechly is some kind of can't miss prospect that is going to substantially upgrade our pass defense.

That is simply not true.

ChiefMojo
04-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Still would take Kuechly over Barron at #11.

Dmello12
04-01-2012, 09:44 PM
hoping we trade back and take barron or hightower. Chapman would also be a good pickup later, prefer Ta'amu though

evolve27
04-02-2012, 10:18 PM
That's what we always hear around here. Next year.

I imagine our drafting position will be even worse next year. And if Tyler Wilson is as good as everybody thinks he is, we won't be able to draft him.

Have to take a chance on a QB at some point.

I'm down with ur idea

htismaqe
04-03-2012, 05:52 AM
im not sure what melvin ingram does for us.

I mean sure, its nice to compile numbers of good pass-rushers, but last year it was generally Hali rushing the passer and Houston dropping into coverage, or vice versa... Ingram would be a 3rd down specialist, i dont know whjere he fits 1st and 2nd

Hali isn't gonna be around forever...

PhillyChiefFan
04-03-2012, 06:07 AM

Tannehill reminds me of some other previous top talent according to the media, Quinn and Clausen.

They were "definitely top 10-15 talent" and didn't get taken where they were supposed to be taken.

Not saying Miami won't take him, mostly out of desperation, but I am saying I think Tannehill is the QB this year that is being forced on teams by the media.

whoman69
04-03-2012, 07:05 AM
The point is, people act as though Luke Kuechly is some kind of can't miss prospect that is going to substantially upgrade our pass defense.

That is simply not true.

200+ plays with a better pass defender than Belcher. Sounds true to me. Kuechly and DeCastro are the biggest upgrades at a position we could find in round one.

milkman
04-04-2012, 07:20 AM
200+ plays with a better pass defender than Belcher. Sounds true to me. Kuechly and DeCastro are the biggest upgrades at a position we could find in round one.

Did the TEs get 200+ receptions?

That's the mos bullshit bogus argument ever.