PDA

View Full Version : Life This pic is a tear jerker. Thank you to our war heroes.

Bump
04-01-2012, 01:11 PM
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/522342_340692935987982_100001418369237_987286_1394851798_n.jpg

Thank You to everyone in the military, you're true heroes. I couldn't do it.

RealSNR
04-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Scientists need to get with it and invent the Darth Vader suit now.

Simplicity
04-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Hmmmphhh... Still not gonna end the war... Move on.

bevischief
04-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Peace my friend as a veteran.

Bump
04-01-2012, 01:35 PM
A corporate war, eh? Nice of you to use the picture of a wounded Marine to promote your beliefs.

wasn't the intent, but I guess I can see that.

Deberg_1990
04-01-2012, 01:38 PM
The war they are fighting is a corporate one, driven by money and greed

thanks for sharing.

J Diddy
04-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Hmmmphhh... Still not gonna end the war... Move on.

That's messed up. That you would simply say move on. This is a man who has lost all fighting for you, his countrymen and you simply suggest to move on?

Simplicity is a good user name for you.

BTW for anyone doubting the validity of this, it is true.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/ziegel.asp

Simplicity
04-01-2012, 01:48 PM
That's messed up. That you would simply say move on. This is a man who has lost all fighting for you, his countrymen and you simply suggest to move on?

Simplicity is a good user name for you.

BTW for anyone doubting the validity of this, it is true.

Don't get me wrong. I have many relatives who served in the military. I feel bad for this guy and every other veteran having problems via war. But as sad as it is... It won't end the war. Nothing will until Government wants to.

Bump
04-01-2012, 01:49 PM
I edited the OP, undermining this man's heroism wasn't my intention.

wazu
04-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Wonder if he's gotten any kind o reconstructive surgery since this photo. You'd think so.

Phobia
04-01-2012, 02:05 PM

Thanks for the link. That was an interesting read. The young couple is now divorced but maintains a special friendship according to snopes.

lcarus
04-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Man, if I was that dude I'd be Freddy for Halloween. You could totally mess with people. Good times to be had.

Deberg_1990
04-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Very interesting snopes story. The brides expression is certainly interesting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Direckshun
04-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I will say this.

I do not know how anybody could ever support war that wasn't simply a defending of your country from invasion.

In58men
04-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Damn that's shitty.

Now for the joke: "He caught her with another guy while watching Face Off"

HA!!!!!!

Easy 6
04-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Its pretty easy to see that she wasnt real thrilled with the wedding, but did because it was the 'right thing to do'.

That poor guy, the daily physical pain he must endure is one thing... but to lose the woman he loves over something so beyond his control, is unimaginable to me.

Wish i could give the guy a big hug.

Donger
04-01-2012, 05:16 PM
I will say this.

I do not know how anybody could ever support war that wasn't simply a defending of your country from invasion.

Thanks for your input, Ron.

bevischief
04-01-2012, 05:50 PM
:BLVD: I want to have one with him.

BoneKrusher
04-01-2012, 05:54 PM
some people give everything, this man is proof.

Thanks for serving and God Bless.

mlyonsd
04-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the link. That was an interesting read. The young couple is now divorced but maintains a special friendship according to snopes.Ouch. Not a good situation anyway you look at it.

Gadzooks
04-01-2012, 05:59 PM
During happier times:
http://danwin.com/words/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/ty-ziegel-bf.jpg

listopencil
04-01-2012, 06:02 PM
I edited the OP, undermining this man's heroism wasn't my intention.

Thank you.

listopencil
04-01-2012, 06:02 PM

Some give all, all give some.

Gadzooks
04-01-2012, 06:05 PM

I'm afraid this is an untrue statement these days, as sad as that may be...

tmw4h5
04-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Completely different reactions in this thread than what I am used to. This place has gone soft.

crispystl
04-01-2012, 06:29 PM
It's sad that she probably left on account of the injury.

kysirsoze
04-01-2012, 06:46 PM
It's sad that she probably left on account of the injury.

People change a lot over those few years. It's very possible it wouldn't have worked out anyway. Not only that, but ignoring his physical appearance, the strain of those recovery years must have been a hard way to start a life together.

lcarus
04-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Actually, Freddy Krueger is much better looking.

Brock
04-01-2012, 06:51 PM
I will say this.

Always nice to hear the viewpoint from the 5th floor dorm room.

lcarus
04-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Here's a question. Would you rather die than look like that for the rest of your life? I know some people cherish life regardless of stuff like appearance, but others...it would be really difficult to go out in public anytime.

We had a guy that looks almost exactly like this guy come into our trophy shop, except he was missing a hand. Poor dude.

demonhero
04-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Heard about this in '04, and figured she wouldn't stay with the Marine. Kinda odd that he'd came back to good old' America just to get f**** over one more time.

listopencil
04-01-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm afraid this is an untrue statement these days, as sad as that may be...

Not for a Marine.

Easy 6
04-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Wish i could take back seeing the before pic, cant fathom what kind of ongoing personal nightmare he's in... big, handsome guy & she couldnt look happier or prettier.

Nothing jokeworthy about the entire subject imo.

Gadzooks
04-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Not for a Marine.

Don't get me wrong Listo, I get the point of your post, but it's a sad fuckin' time when the majority of Americans don't give a shit about the human beings the grand ‘ole “U.S.A” sends to a foreign land to risk their lives. They’d rather be watching re-runs of the Maury Povich show to see if there was anyone they recognized from their block.
This is a sad and very real story of man who sacrificed everything and saw the worst returns on his investment.
I feel for him and I only wish that the statement “Some give all, all give some” were true for every American.

Now let’s send this thread to DC.

listopencil
04-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Don't get me wrong Listo, I get the point of your post, but it's a sad ****in' time when the majority of Americans don't give a shit about the human beings the grand ‘ole “U.S.A” sends to a foreign land to risk their lives. They’d rather be watching re-runs of the Maury Povich show to see if there was anyone they recognized from their block.
This is a sad and very real story of man who sacrificed everything and saw the worst returns on his investment.
I feel for him and I only wish that the statement “Some give all, all give some” were true for every American.

Now let’s send this thread to DC.

I agree.

Direckshun
04-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Always nice to hear the viewpoint from the 5th floor dorm room.

Considering that's the age range of the person we're usually sending to suffer mutiliation on the opposite side of the earth in our name, it's a necessary viewpoint to hear.

Whether it's nice to hear, or not.

Braincase
04-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Nothing will end war until those that profit most from conflict have to put their asses and the asses of their children at the front lines. As long as someone else is paying the tab and they can go home to their country clubs and mansions, shit won't change.

BoneKrusher
04-01-2012, 07:43 PM

yeah, that's what i wanted to say.

Thanks.

Donger
04-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Considering that's the age range of the person we're usually sending to suffer mutiliation on the opposite side of the earth in our name, it's a necessary viewpoint to hear.

Would you have supported our involvement in WWII, Jeannette?

Marcellus
04-01-2012, 07:59 PM

Well, both statements kind of cause a reaction inside me, maybe because I myself like many on here have experienced wartime service overseas.

As for his assertion that war should only be fought in the event of an invasion, its obvious that when it gets to that point you have neglected to take care of the issue sooner, as was the case with OBL, 9/11 was an invasion, a real one.

As for your comment about the age of the troops we send to war, yea its mostly younger kids / adults.

The thing is we haven't had a draft in this country in 40 years. There isn't one person serving in the military right now that doesn't know they signed or re-upped during a time of war and what the risks are so to put that on the government is kind of chicken shit. This isn't Vietnam where we drafted kids to go die somewhere.

Are some kids signing up not knowing full on what they are actually getting into? Yea, but exactly who's fault is that?

Marcellus
04-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Would you have supported our involvement in WWII, Jeannette?

Considering before Pearl Harbor 80% of the US wanted nothing to do with WWII I would guess no. Isolationism was at its peak and I am sure you are well aware of that.

mikey23545
04-01-2012, 08:06 PM

What a remarkably stupid post, even for you.

Many of the men and women in Afghanistan and Iraq are in their 30's and 40's. Fail one.

Add to that, age has absolutely no bearing on the matter. If most of the men overseas weighed 170 pounds, would you say weighing 170 pounds gives you special insight while you run your sick, twisted little liberal mouth about war? Fail two.

Decisions about affairs of state and military matters require wisdom, not years. Obviously there is a shortage of the former both in government and dorm rooms. Fail three.

Many brave men and women have given much so you can squat in your dorm room and prattle your nonsense. Hopefully you are at least grateful for that.

Direckshun
04-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Well, both statements kind of cause a reaction inside me, maybe because I myself like many on here have experienced wartime service overseas.

As for his assertion that war should only be fought in the event of an invasion, its obvious that when it gets to that point you have neglected to take care of the issue sooner, as was the case with OBL, 9/11 was an invasion, a real one.

As for your comment about the age of the troops we send to war, yea its mostly younger kids / adults.

The thing is we haven't had a draft in this country in 40 years. There isn't one person serving in the military right now that doesn't know they signed or re-upped during a time of war and what the risks are so to put that on the government is kind of chicken shit. This isn't Vietnam where we drafted kids to go die somewhere.

Are some kids signing up not knowing full on what they are actually getting into? Yea, but exactly who's fault is that?

9/11 was not an invasion. It was an act of terrorism. But I digress.

My heart breaks for innocent men we send into wars like the shit we chose to embroil ourselves in in the Middle East. The fact that they volunteered for military service does virtually nothing to soothe my nerves.

The military is like the only place for any sort of career for many of the men (and women) who elect themselves for it. I'm proud that we offer an opportunity for many of them when they wouldn't have found one elsewhere. The military has a great track record for rejuvenating lives.

It feels a lot like we're taking advantage of them, to me, when we send them to the other side of the planet to die and we aren't even willing to pay a tax to pay for the war, and do our part to sustain the nation they're defending.

Donger
04-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Considering before Pearl Harbor 80% of the US wanted nothing to do with WWII I would guess no. Isolationism was at its peak and I am sure you are well aware of that.

Hawaii wasn't a state in 1941 and out country was never in danger of invasion in WWII.

Gadzooks
04-01-2012, 08:15 PM
DC :clap: DC :clap: DC :clap: DC :clap:

Marcellus
04-01-2012, 08:15 PM

My heart breaks for innocent men we send into wars like the shit we chose to embroil ourselves in in the Middle East. The fact that they volunteered for military service does virtually nothing to soothe my nerves.

The military is like the only place for any sort of career for many of the men (and women) who elect themselves for it. I'm proud that we offer an opportunity for many of them when they wouldn't have found one elsewhere. The military has a great track record for rejuvenating lives.

It feels a lot like we're taking advantage of them, to me, when we send them to the other side of the planet to die and we aren't even willing to pay a tax to pay for the war, and do our part to sustain the nation they're defending.

A terrorist act on your soil that kills over 3,000 people is an invasion, if you can't see that......

The first bolded part is a very small part of the military, seriously. Most are people who enlist feel a desire to do something for their country and do feel a "calling". But I digress I suppose.

The second part, I completely agree with. Before this war there had never been tax cuts at a time of war.

Marcellus
04-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Hawaii wasn't a state in 1941 and out country was never in danger of invasion in WWII.

That wasn't the argument, the question, or the point.

Donger
04-01-2012, 08:19 PM
That wasn't the argument, the question, or the point.

Yeah?

Brock
04-01-2012, 08:34 PM

Sure, we should have just let Hitler do whatever he wanted. He wasn't invading the US after all.

Dumbass.

Direckshun
04-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Sure, we should have just let Hitler do whatever he wanted. He wasn't invading the US after all.

Dumbass.

I'm not ignoring the tragic circumstances of WWII, where we were facing a once-in-a-century evil.

I support military action in severe humanitarian circumstances where our intervention was actually welcomed.

Of which Hitler and the Japanese of WWII certainly were.

Chiefshrink
04-01-2012, 08:49 PM

Amen brother !:clap: I'm sure if this guy had his choice he would have rather had his leg or arm blown off than look this way.

Mr. Kotter
04-01-2012, 08:51 PM

This is, by far...the most important part of your post. It's also what blinds you to the bipartisan ambitions, perhaps even unintentional, that will destroy this nation...unless the rest of us figure it out.

My Grandma used to say, "Shit, or get off the pot!" Sage advice from an under-educated simpleton who knew more about what's wrong with this country than many much more "educated" clowns in D.C.

You can't be half-pregnant...either we are "in," or we are not. Wars fought half-ass-ed from political and ideological perspectives waste the sacrifice of our soldiers. For what it's worth, the republicans USED to seem to have a better understanding of that than most dems.

During the Cold War, dems seemed willing to sacrifice soldiers and resources in the name of ideology than reps; since, George W....well, it's the reps who seem to prefer ideology over resources and reality.

Unless reps man-up and decide to PAY FOR, rather than bankrupt the nation, at the expense of their ideology....at least the dems have a rhetorical commitment to trying to right the ship.

It's why Romney and the reps will lose in November; and why, in an otherwise historical year in which an incumbent SHOULD lose...but won't.

Crazy chit.... :shake:

Dragonocho
04-01-2012, 09:01 PM

What's mutiliation? I spent 3 and half years deployed, valued life and did my best every single day. I found spelling important too.

Direckshun
04-01-2012, 09:04 PM
What's mutiliation? I spent 3 and half years deployed, valued life and did my best every single day. I found spelling important too.

God bless.

I wish you hadn't had to. But I'm glad you kicked its ass.

Donger
04-01-2012, 09:09 PM
God bless.

I wish you hadn't had to. But I'm glad you kicked its ass.

listopencil
04-01-2012, 09:49 PM

That doesn't really matter if you consider the deck of an American warship as sovereign territory.

And yes it was. We had a discussion similar to this in DC and you lost.

CanadaKC
04-01-2012, 09:52 PM
that's one haunting picture...........my heart bleeds for them both

Donger
04-02-2012, 07:35 AM
That doesn't really matter if you consider the deck of an American warship as sovereign territory.

And yes it was. We had a discussion similar to this in DC and you lost.

No, I didn't. We were never invaded during WWII.

Dayze
04-02-2012, 07:49 AM
This dude is obviously stronger than I would be in that situation.

I would probably off myself than go through life like that. I wouldn't be able to take the stares in public, or the general 'feel sorry for you' type attitudes etc.

Dude is a warrior. I don't think I'd have the will to continue, sadly.