PDA

View Full Version : My Chiefs Mock!

kcbubb
04-01-2012, 04:14 PM
1. Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

This pick is based on fit & need. Brockers should fit very well opposite Tyson Jackson as a 5-tech with his 6'5" 320 pound frame. Has 35' arms.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/michael-brockers?id=2533050

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/73WOdWwgG_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Updated pro day #'s.

Brockers ran a 5.15 40 at LSU - more than two tenths of a second better than his time at Indianapolis. He did 21 repetitions of 225 pounds in the bench press. Brockers had done 19 reps at the combine. His vertical jump improved from 26 inches to 30.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664406

2. Andre Branch, OLB, Clemson

With Manning in the AFC West, we need great pass rushers. I know we have Houston, and I do like him. But we need more pass rushers, and Branch fits our scheme well. He's athletic with long arms and can get to the QB.

Combine:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d827c62cb/2012-Combine-

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/andre-branch?id=2532801

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6yw6m-HFeOo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama

Plugger that we need at NT.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/adgP1Jqhokw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Joe Adams, WR AR

With the pick of Brockers in the 1st, Dorsey can be traded. We trade Dorsey to the Rams who desperately need interior line help for the 96th pick in the draft (1st in the 4th round) and a conditional pick in 2013.

Adams is absolutely electric. He was the #1 target for the Hogs and he might be the third Hog taken in this draft after Wright and Childs. He didn't test well and he is small. But he is a playmaker and he is a WR, not a small RB (McCluster). I don't care what he runs on the track. He leaves people on the field. One of the best return men in the draft also.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o4BcGOk7NMA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pSduGLTQ94M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. David Molk, C, Michigan

We need another interior linemen and Molk is a good one.

5. Jerry Franklin, ILB, Arkansas

Another playmaker.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7PIc3qFJi-Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jerry Franklin measured 6-foot-1, 242 pounds at his Pro Day. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.70 seconds and 4.68 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.98 seconds. He measured a 37 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-3 broad jump.

6. Tim Fugger, OLB Vanderbilt

8 Sacks last season and is a great fit at OLB.

Defensive end Tim Fugger (6-foot-3 1/4 and 248 pounds) — a non-combine invitee — took full advantage of the opportunity to work out in front of NFL teams and might have helped his draft status the most. Fugger ran 4.65 and 4.60 seconds in the 40-yard dash, posted a 34-inch vertical jump, 9-foot-7 broad jump, a 4.20-second short shuttle time, a 7.00-second three-cone drill and did 29 strength lifts of 225 pounds on the bench press.

He's #42. Can't see much. But the guy can play. Crushed Tyler Wilson twice with 2 big sacks.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xIT7huxPhrk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7a. Brandon Barden, TE Vanderbilt

Former high school QB with big body who can play. His stats were down in his senior season, which was partially due to a new offensive scheme. He can run block and has great hands.

Pretty athletic too.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zfpAf3rqQZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7b. Dan Persa, QB Northwestern

This kid got stuck behind Mike Kafka at Northwestern. Then he got injured. He needs time to develop, but he is smart, accurate and can deliver the ball on time. Hard worker too (bench 225 LBs 19 times and squats 520 LBs). As you can see from the video, he's an athlete and can throw on the run. Completion percentage: 72% The knock on Persa is his height. He's about 6'.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Gi7J7ED675I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lw98ji_m6W0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

milkman
04-01-2012, 04:21 PM
I really like these mocks that project trades of players for picks to teams that have a ton of picks that can be used to fill the holes they need to fill.

It's always so realistic.

Direckshun
04-01-2012, 04:26 PM
I think from here on out there should be an agreement for us to all mock picks that haven't been mocked by anybody else, just to get a broader understanding of what's available at each round.

This mock (and mine, also posted today) is a great example of players that haven't been mocked to the Chiefs.

Brockers as a first round pick just makes no sense to me... the guy is NOT an impact player.

Branch and Chapman both make sense where you took them, and Adams is an interesting pick where you took him. He'd give us more slot power with Breaston playing outside more and more... I'd prefer an outside receiver though.

Molk is a good pick (although it's a popular one on CP) and while I don't like any of your picks in the 6th or 7th, it's not important enough to matter.

Viper400
04-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Chapman won't be there. Will have to use the 2nd rounder.

If they take a 5- tech at 11 it had better be Fletcher Cox.

kcbubb
04-01-2012, 04:36 PM
I really like these mocks that project trades of players for picks to teams that have a ton of picks that can be used to fill the holes they need to fill.

It's always so realistic.

How many picks do you see the Rams using on DTs? They could use 2 more DTs. And normally it takes a year to adjust to the pro game for DTs. They allowed more than 150 yards rushing per game and were the 2nd worst rush defense in the league. Dorsey is a great fit and is a bargain for a 4th rounder and conditional pick in 2013. Should be a win/win for everybody because of the change in scheme for Dorsey. This is also the last year in Dorsey's contract in KC and we should try to get some compensation out of him because we won't resign him.

kcbubb
04-01-2012, 04:41 PM
I think from here on out there should be an agreement for us to all mock picks that haven't been mocked by anybody else, just to get a broader understanding of what's available at each round.

This mock (and mine, also posted today) is a great example of players that haven't been mocked to the Chiefs.

Brockers as a first round pick just makes no sense to me... the guy is NOT an impact player.

Branch and Chapman both make sense where you took them, and Adams is an interesting pick where you took him. He'd give us more slot power with Breaston playing outside more and more... I'd prefer an outside receiver though.

Molk is a good pick (although it's a popular one on CP) and while I don't like any of your picks in the 6th or 7th, it's not important enough to matter.

Thanks. I was expecting a fire storm. Adams is legit. And that is exactly what I was thinking with him. He would be a dynamic slot receiver.

I really think you should do a little more research on Fugger. He's a stud and fits very well. It's not easy to get 14 sacks at Vandy when you play against SEC competition and you are the best pass rusher on the team. He combines both production with athletic numbers from his pro day. He will probably be gone by the 6th round.

milkman
04-01-2012, 04:59 PM
How many picks do you see the Rams using on DTs? They could use 2 more DTs. And normally it takes a year to adjust to the pro game for DTs. They allowed more than 150 yards rushing per game and were the 2nd worst rush defense in the league. Dorsey is a great fit and is a bargain for a 4th rounder and conditional pick in 2013. Should be a win/win for everybody because of the change in scheme for Dorsey. This is also the last year in Dorsey's contract in KC and we should try to get some compensation out of him because we won't resign him.

The Rams are in no rush.

They can give time for a DT to grow and develop.

milkman
04-01-2012, 05:00 PM
If I were a Rams fan, I'd be pissed at the team for trading picks for players at the start of a full blown rebuild.

O.city
04-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Love Adams alot.

BigChiefFan
04-01-2012, 06:17 PM
I like your first five picks. That's a solid effort, man.

O.city
04-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Joe Adams would be a great pick.

I think he is the next Deshaun Jackson.

kcbubb
04-01-2012, 10:43 PM
If I were a Rams fan, I'd be pissed at the team for trading picks for players at the start of a full blown rebuild.

Dorsey would be a great fit for coach Fisher and a would provide great leadership for a rebuilding team. I never heard Dorsey complain about being drafted for one scheme and forced to play another. Coach Fisher is going to be looking for the right mix of veterans and youth.

Dmello12
04-01-2012, 10:53 PM
how exactly do you see the d line looking. Im guessing youre wanting to move dorsey out? replace him with brockers. have to imagine chapman would start. wheres that leave branch? Plus we still have bailey who looks like he'll be very good. i like branch but id rather take a lineman, backer, or a db in that spot.

kcbubb
04-01-2012, 11:38 PM
how exactly do you see the d line looking. Im guessing youre wanting to move dorsey out? replace him with brockers. have to imagine chapman would start. wheres that leave branch? Plus we still have bailey who looks like he'll be very good. i like branch but id rather take a lineman, backer, or a db in that spot.

Yes, I see Brockers starting over Dorsey. Brockers is still 21 and is just a red shirt sophomore. He has a lot of room to grow and develop. With his frame and long arms and run stopping ability, he is an ideal two gapper in our scheme.

I would hope that Chapman would start. But he is normally not a guy that you keep on the field in those obvious passing downs on third and long. The fact that he is normally a two down player plus injury concerns is what makes him fall to the third.

Finding pass rushers that fit your scheme is difficult to do in the NFL. Branch would fit very well. Stout against the run and can make plays in space as well as rush the passer. You can find guys to play ILB or interior lineman later in the draft or in free agency. When you have a chance to get a pass rusher that fits the scheme and is at a good value, you get em! Especially when you don't have a lot of pass rushers. Houston looks good, but teams normally find ways to get their pass rushers on the field in passing situations.

I can see an argument for Corner and Safety depth, but I really don't know what we have in J. Brown and we do have servicable backup options at safety. Basically, I considerd other positions a greater priority later in the draft and drafted for value and fit early in the draft.

kcbubb
04-02-2012, 12:10 AM
I really wish some of you guys would give Persa a second look. Compare him to Tannehill, just the highlights, not his measurables. This is Tannehill's highlight video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rggN5LU2AT0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And keep in mind that Persa only played in 13 games, and he was not 100% for many of those games b/c he was returning from injury. Persa has better instincts than Tannehill. He does a better job of running to throw instead of running to run. And he played with less talent and had to run b/c of poor protection. He wasn't throwing to Fuller, #8. I'm not saying that I would draft Persa over Tannehill. I am saying that I would rather have Persa in the 7th than Tannehill in the 1st. Take another look at the videos. Not many impressive throws from Tannehill.

Oh and Direckshun, Persa burned your safety Richardson for a couple of TDs on that highlight! Persa also had wins against favored opponents like Iowa.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-02-2012, 10:39 AM
This team needs more Fuggers.

rico
04-02-2012, 03:01 PM
I really wish some of you guys would give Persa a second look. Compare him to Tannehill, just the highlights, not his measurables. This is Tannehill's highlight video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rggN5LU2AT0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And keep in mind that Persa only played in 13 games, and he was not 100% for many of those games b/c he was returning from injury. Persa has better instincts than Tannehill. He does a better job of running to throw instead of running to run. And he played with less talent and had to run b/c of poor protection. He wasn't throwing to Fuller, #8. I'm not saying that I would draft Persa over Tannehill. I am saying that I would rather have Persa in the 7th than Tannehill in the 1st. Take another look at the videos. Not many impressive throws from Tannehill.

Oh and Direckshun, Persa burned your safety Richardson for a couple of TDs on that highlight! Persa also had wins against favored opponents like Iowa.

I know a lot about Persa. The guy is SCRAPPY. I was wondering when or if someone was going to mention him.

RealSNR
04-02-2012, 03:14 PM

Oh and Direckshun, Persa burned your safety Richardson for a couple of TDs on that highlight! Persa also had wins against favored opponents like Iowa.Yeah, when you look at Kellen Moore's college highlights, you wonder why he's considered a 7th round pick.

That doesn't mean you should value him any higher than that.

Also, that injury history looks very concerning. Persa can go suck a dick.

kcbubb
04-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Yeah, when you look at Kellen Moore's college highlights, you wonder why he's considered a 7th round pick.

That doesn't mean you should value him any higher than that.

Also, that injury history looks very concerning. Persa can go suck a dick.

Persa has the arm strength that Moore lacks. He is also more mobile and a better thrower on the run. He tore his achilles. He doesn't have an "injury history." You have to admit that there a lot of impressive throws for a guy that hasn't played much. Also keep in mind that he didn't have the talent or the weak schedule that Boise has. Plus, this guy throws the ball down the field. Not the Cassel 5 yd throws with lots of RAC yards.

Nightfyre
04-02-2012, 09:30 PM
I don't think Persa has sufficient arm strength to play in the NFL.

whoman69
04-03-2012, 07:25 AM
So you're expecting Dorsey to leave next year and replacing him with...Dorsey Jr?

rico
04-03-2012, 08:49 AM
In the pocket, Persa wiggles, squirms and almost looks like he crawls around like a flea. It's kind of funny watching him, but man he is gritty and can be clutch. Not saying it will ever or should ever happen, but it'd be interesting having Persa and Stanzi on the same team, given their match-up history.

kcbubb
04-03-2012, 09:27 AM
So you're expecting Dorsey to leave next year and replacing him with...Dorsey Jr?

And you are saying this because??? They play on the same team? Come on. That's crazy. They aren't even close to the same player. Brockers is a mammoth of a man compared to Dorsey. Huge frame with long arms. Not even close.

kcbubb
04-03-2012, 09:29 AM
In the pocket, Persa wiggles, squirms and almost looks like he crawls around like a flea. It's kind of funny watching him, but man he is gritty and can be clutch. Not saying it will ever or should ever happen, but it'd be interesting having Persa and Stanzi on the same team, given their match-up history.

Yeah. He is fun to watch. He does a good job of keeping his eyes down field. And you would wiggle too if you had his offensive line. When he has adequate protection, he sits in the pocket pretty well.

kcbubb
04-03-2012, 09:31 AM
I don't think Persa has sufficient arm strength to play in the NFL.

That is a reasonable question. I think he has good zip on his passes. More than likely he will be a free agent pick up for someone. I just hope we give him a chance as a camp arm. I think he could surprise some people.

mikey23545
04-03-2012, 12:46 PM
This team needs more Fuggers.

I wonder if he calls his mom Mother Fugger?