PDA

View Full Version : Crazy predictions.

Direckshun
04-02-2012, 08:51 AM
I think Upshaw falls out of the first round.

BigChiefFan
04-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Colts trade the top pick for a boatload of picks.

BigChiefFan
04-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Bill Polian “can’t imagine” trading Colts’ first-round pick
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 20, 2011, 4:42 PM EDT
Getty ImagesThe Colts will probably have the first overall pick in next year’s NFL draft and will definitely pick in the top three, and Bill Polian says he doesn’t want to trade down.

Polian all but confirmed to Adam Schein and Rich Gannon on SiriusXM NFL Radio that he wants to stay put and draft Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck, rather than trade the pick to stockpile talent on a roster that has holes in several places. Polian doesn’t see any scenario where trading the first overall pick for veteran players would work, because a bunch of veteran players would be too costly under the salary cap. And Polian wants to get to work on building a winning team now, so trading the first overall pick this year for future first-round picks wouldn’t work, either.

“I can’t imagine that there are players that we could afford under the salary cap that would come in and help our team, veteran players that would be available in such a trade,” Polian said, via ESPN.com. “And if you traded it for picks, which you probably would be wise to do, those picks would be very high picks, the highest picks perhaps, in a lot of future years, which means that they wouldn’t be on the team in the short run. Somehow or other, that theory, people have asked me about that, but it doesn’t hold water with me. I don’t know what you get out of it. If you’re assuming that you trade one of the top three picks in the draft for a bunch of second- and third-rounders in that same draft, I don’t buy that one at all.”

As for another big question facing the Colts — the future of head coach Jim Caldwell — Polian said that’s up to owner Jim Irsay.

“He’s the owner and he hires and fires, and I wouldn’t presume to speak for him,” Polian said.

But unless Irsay fires Polian, it sounds like the Colts are ready to draft their quarterback of the future.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/20/bill-polian-cant-imagine-trading-colts-first-round-pick/

With Polian canned, who knows what could happen.

kcbubb
04-02-2012, 11:58 AM
This media circus of Tannehill going in the top 10 is like the talk of Ryan Mallett going in the first round a couple of years ago. Tannehill will get picked by Cleveland, with their 2nd 1st round pick. Too many QBs better than Tannehill coming out next year to draft him so high.

The Franchise
04-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Poe isn't taken in the first 25 picks.

jd1020
04-02-2012, 12:35 PM
This media circus of Tannehill going in the top 10 is like the talk of Ryan Mallett going in the first round a couple of years ago. Tannehill will get picked by Cleveland, with their 2nd 1st round pick. Too many QBs better than Tannehill coming out next year to draft him so high.

I can only name as many QBs next year, that are for sure coming out, that I would take over Tannehill as this year, maybe even less depending on Jones' improvement.

BigChiefFan
04-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Poe isn't taken in the first 25 picks.That is some crazy ass shit. :D

Old Dog
04-02-2012, 01:32 PM
You want a crazy prediction?

The Chiefs select a player that makes us all happy in the 1st round. /thread

kcbubb
04-02-2012, 01:52 PM
I can only name as many QBs next year, that are for sure coming out, that I would take over Tannehill as this year, maybe even less depending on Jones' improvement.

Here's a few (we will see if they all come out):

Barkley
Murray
Bray
Wilson
Jones

Possibly???
Manual
Crist

And that's just a few that we know of. Did anyone think Tannehill would be mentioned as a top 10 QB this time last year??? I'm sure we will have a few more pop up. I think there is more depth at QB next year.

There also probably won't be as many teams that need QBs next year.

Less need plus more depth at QB in next years draft means that the Chiefs should wait until next year to invest in a QB.

rico
04-02-2012, 02:58 PM

Then he plays a few games for the Browns before being traded to the Donks where he is a back up and then signs with the Chiefs.... following the steps of Brady Quinn. :D

Chief Roundup
04-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Here's a few (we will see if they all come out):

Barkley
Murray
Bray
Wilson
Jones

Possibly???
Manual
Crist

And that's just a few that we know of. Did anyone think Tannehill would be mentioned as a top 10 QB this time last year??? I'm sure we will have a few more pop up. I think there is more depth at QB next year.

There also probably won't be as many teams that need QBs next year.

Less need plus more depth at QB in next years draft means that the Chiefs should wait until next year to invest in a QB.

Just because there will be a couple of QB's drafted this year that will immediately start doesn't mean there will be less demand next offseason. There are about 10 teams that have their QB. Every other team still is in need of an upgrade at QB.
As far as the college QBs go there will be QBs that will be injured. There will be QBs that move up in the draft. There will be QBs that move down in the draft. There will be QBs that go back to college.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-02-2012, 05:50 PM
There will be at least 5 threads saying we need to fire Pioli after pick 11.

Hoover
04-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Redskins will take a WR, say that it worked in Detroit.

kcbubb
04-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Just because there will be a couple of QB's drafted this year that will immediately start doesn't mean there will be less demand next offseason. There are about 10 teams that have their QB. Every other team still is in need of an upgrade at QB.
As far as the college QBs go there will be QBs that will be injured. There will be QBs that move up in the draft. There will be QBs that move down in the draft. There will be QBs that go back to college.

I can see the Jets, Raiders, Seahawks and Cards(Let me know if I am missing some teams) taking a QB in the first next year. But a few of those QBs like Sanchez, Palmer, Flynn & Kolb could play well enough to hold off a first round QB next year from those teams. Most of the other teams have already committed to a young QB or resigned there present QB and I don't see them taking one early, but maybe later in the draft.

I expect to see about 4 to 5 QBs go in the first or 2nd round this year and I don't expect those teams to take another QB next year in the first.

whoman69
04-03-2012, 07:28 AM
You want a crazy prediction?

The Chiefs select a player that makes us all happy in the 1st round. /thread

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0805/inconceivable-demotivational-poster-1211219787.jpg

Chief Roundup
04-03-2012, 12:14 PM
I can see the Jets, Raiders, Seahawks and Cards(Let me know if I am missing some teams) taking a QB in the first next year. But a few of those QBs like Sanchez, Palmer, Flynn & Kolb could play well enough to hold off a first round QB next year from those teams. Most of the other teams have already committed to a young QB or resigned there present QB and I don't see them taking one early, but maybe later in the draft.

I expect to see about 4 to 5 QBs go in the first or 2nd round this year and I don't expect those teams to take another QB next year in the first.

In no particular order.
Cardinals, Seahawks, Dolphins, Raiders, Falcons, Bills, Browns, Jags, Eagles, 49ers, Buccaneers, Chiefs.
Yes there are some long shots in that list but they all could depending on what happens.

beach tribe
04-04-2012, 08:47 PM
I think Upshaw falls out of the first round.

He should IMO. I think he's gonna bust....hard.

buddha
04-05-2012, 12:08 PM
He should IMO. I think he's gonna bust....hard.

You think that based on how he played in the NC game? Based on what...hope?

Direckshun
04-26-2012, 09:33 PM
At least I nailed this.

The Franchise
04-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Well fuck.....I was wrong.

O.city
04-26-2012, 10:39 PM
If we could get this guy in the second I would love it.

Chiefshrink
04-26-2012, 11:51 PM
At least I nailed this.

:hail:

Chiefshrink
04-26-2012, 11:53 PM
If we could get this guy in the second I would love it.

I agree but there are 11 teams in front of us and I have a hard time believing he makes it to us 'unless' we trade up.

But I definitely agree this guy has explosion:thumb:

Saccopoo
04-27-2012, 01:19 AM
At least I nailed this.

Nailed what?

When you have 58 mocks in the past three weeks, one of them is going to be correct.

Direckshun
04-27-2012, 03:20 AM
Nailed what?

When you have 58 mocks in the past three weeks, one of them is going to be correct.

Check the OP, dumbass.

whoman69
04-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Nailed what?

Whereas you couldn't get one right with 100.