HoneyBadger
04-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Superbowl!

ModSocks
04-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Print 'em

Rain Man
04-04-2012, 09:58 AM
I like Daniels. Good role player and backup.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-04-2012, 09:59 AM
He must have scored at least a 5 on his wonderlic

Fritz88
04-04-2012, 09:59 AM

I like you. Good human.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefGator
04-04-2012, 10:00 AM

5 is good.. 20 is average, but 5 is still good.

stonedstooge
04-04-2012, 10:01 AM

Jerald Powe says: I ben tootering hem

RealSNR
04-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Solid re-sign. This team needs guys like Daniels all over the roster. If something catastrophic ever happened in a game to both of our starters, Daniels would fill in rather well in a pinch. Experienced, plays special teams, does the grunt work. I like it.

Archie Bunker

Agreed, he's always been solid when called upon.

Micjones
Good re-signing. He's been a valuable reserve DB.
He's filled in admirably in the past.

BigCatDaddy
04-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Q

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257220&page=17

ChiTown
04-04-2012, 10:08 AM
To the paper airplane!

Canofbier
04-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Q

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257220&page=17

God forbid we have threads for the Chiefs' free agent signings. That might bump some of these super-important discussions about awesome shits and muggings off of the front page!

Direckshun
04-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Very good resigning. Very good. Daniels is a really solid dimeback, and he's probably the starter if either Routt or Flowers go down.

Flowers, Routt, Arenas, Daniels, Brown

Solid group there.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Obligatory can he play RT/C/NT/QB?

MMXcalibur
04-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Printing my Super Bowl tickets now.

Hammock Parties
04-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Better than that trash we draft like Donald Washington and Jalil Brown.

whoman69
04-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Which is not why I'm sure we need to draft a CB unless they are unsatisfied with the play of Arenas.

Demonpenz
04-04-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm wearing my hoodie up for him!

Dmello12
04-04-2012, 03:34 PM
:clap:

TEX
04-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Obligatory can he play RT/C/NT/QB?

Naw - we're set now at RT...

BossChief
04-04-2012, 05:32 PM
That brings the count to even for a 2013 comp pick for Carr.

Carr, Orton, McClain ... Hillis, Daniels, Quinn

Hopefully, someone signs Gilberry or McGraw to bring that total back to the plus side for us.

ILChief
04-04-2012, 05:44 PM

Hopefully, someone signs Gilberry or McGraw to bring that total back to the plus side for us.

The quality of the players factor into it

JohnnyV13
04-04-2012, 05:51 PM

I don't think resigning your own fa's counts for compensation putposes.

RealSNR
04-04-2012, 05:51 PM

Hopefully, someone signs Gilberry or McGraw to bring that total back to the plus side for us.If (very big if here) we sign Bowe to a new contract does that count against the count?

BossChief
04-04-2012, 06:01 PM
The quality of the players factor into itOnly after the count does contract amount figure in.

I don't think resigning your own fa's counts for compensation putposes.you thought wrong.

If (very big if here) we sign Bowe to a new contract does that count against the count?
Yes.

Any free agent that their contract expires counts as a "qualifying free agent"

Only ones that don't are guys that are cut.

We are hoping on Gilberry and McGraw signing elsewhere.

Rain Man
04-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Bosschief, are you sure? I thought the whole purpose of compensatory picks was to offset the loss of players or picking up new players. From a mathematical logic point of view, it seems like if we have to count signing Daniels and Bowe, we should also get credit for losing Daniels and Bowe since they left as free agents before signing with a team.

I have no knowledge of this, but it seems like counting guys you re-sign doesn't support the intent of the system.

BossChief
04-04-2012, 06:21 PM
I'm sure.

What it's intended to do is offset the loss of your own free agents by giving you draft picks when you lose guys.

Once Bowe signs his tag, that will put us under one in the count once we figure in Daniels re-signing.

Our hope, at this point, is for BOTH Jon McGraw and Wallace Gilberry to sign elsewhere if we are to still receive a nice comp pick for Carr. Those two are about the only "qualifying free agents" we have out there worth picking up.

Im a fan of Daniels, he has filled in solidly when needed and does a good job in other capacities, but if signing him costs us a comp pick it's not a real good move.

I have wondered what keeps teams from cutting guys they want to re-sign before the league year ends so that when they re-sign them it doesn't effect that count, but I guess they also risk losing that player to another team if they take that chance.

RealSNR
04-04-2012, 06:27 PM
I have wondered what keeps teams from cutting guys they want to re-sign before the league year ends so that when they re-sign them it doesn't effect that count, but I guess they also risk losing that player to another team if they take that chance.
Green Bay did it last year with AJ Hawk.

Direckshun
04-04-2012, 06:32 PM
So let me get this straight.

If we lose Carr and re-sign Bowe, it's a wash?

That's weird. One is actively leaving the team. One was already on the team, was retained, but is counting against us as a new player.

BossChief
04-04-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm sure.

What it's intended to do is offset the loss of your own free agents by giving you draft picks when you lose guys.

Once Bowe signs his tag, that will put us under one in the count once we figure in Daniels re-signing.

Our hope, at this point, is for BOTH Jon McGraw and Wallace Gilberry to sign elsewhere if we are to still receive a nice comp pick for Carr. Those two are about the only "qualifying free agents" we have out there worth picking up.

Im a fan of Daniels, he has filled in solidly when needed and does a good job in other capacities, but if signing him costs us a comp pick it's not a real good move.

I have wondered what keeps teams from cutting guys they want to re-sign before the league year ends so that when they re-sign them it doesn't effect that count, but I guess they also risk losing that player to another team if they
take that chance.

I just re-read the stuff on re-signing your own qualifying free agents and there are conflicting reports on if they do actually figure into the equation.

I think I am gonna backtrack on this post and say that they don't count...neither Bowe or Daniels.

I've read where it says they do, but the reports that say they dont count make more sense.

I think we are still plus one on the count if that's right.

mcaj22
04-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Very good resigning. Very good. Daniels is a really solid dimeback, and he's probably the starter if either Routt or Flowers go down.

Flowers, Routt, Arenas, Daniels, Brown

Solid group there.

dont forget we signed our special weapon Jacque Reaves or whatever to revive his career and shut down peyton manning!

chiefzilla1501
04-04-2012, 07:01 PM
In my opinion, one of the most underrated players on the Chiefs. There were a few games where Brandon Flowers got knocked out of the game, but you never noticed he was gone. Daniels is a solid depth corner, but he's also good enough to play in the regular rotation if one of our corners gets injured.

Great signing!

beach tribe
04-04-2012, 08:13 PM
I think Daniels provides excellent depth to this team. Always thought he played the dime very well.

Easy 6
04-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Guys a straight up bum.

morphius
04-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Thought he played pretty well last year when on the field, glad they picked him back up.

Nightfyre
04-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Better than that trash we draft like Donald Washington and Jalil Brown.

I don't get how a developmental corner project drafted in the fourth round can be judged as trash after his rookie season and an abridged off-season. But maybe its just me.

Hammock Parties
04-04-2012, 11:04 PM
I don't get how a developmental corner project drafted in the fourth round can be judged as trash after his rookie season and an abridged off-season. But maybe its just me.

I'm just extrapolating based on Pioli's history.

Micjones
04-05-2012, 06:11 AM
I want Gilberry back. Screw the compensatory pick.
We got Routt, Boss and Winston for what it would've taken to re-sign Carr.

htismaqe
04-05-2012, 06:59 AM

Jalil Brown flashed a few times last season and Washington has changed positions. When it comes to depth, I think they're exactly what you want...