PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Metro Sports and the Draft

Mr. Laz
04-04-2012, 10:12 AM
just random info there were talking about (not that it means much)

They had draft guys on

Russ Lande said Chiefs would be looking to interior Oline,NT,CB and thought the Chiefs really wanted another passrusher to push Houston. (sounds like russ reads the CPlanet to me)

Shawn Zobel said that the Chiefs had the flexibility to go anywhere but that OL DeCastro and LB Luke Kuechly were his top picks for them. Said the he had Kuechly has the #5 guy on his draft value chart. Which is really high.

Baldy had the Chiefs trading down and grabbing WR Kendall Wright :shrug:

FWIW

RealSNR
04-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Baldy usually makes "WTF" picks regarding the Chiefs. Doesn't follow the team that well at all.

htismaqe
04-04-2012, 10:15 AM
I love Baldy. Sometimes he talks out of his ass but he's fun to listen to.

Mr. Laz
04-04-2012, 10:19 AM
i put some interesting(to me) names in bold

Zoebel's big board

* = Underclassman

# Name Position College
1 Andrew Luck* QB Stanford
2 Matt Kalil* OT USC
3 Robert Griffin III* QB Baylor
4 Morris Claiborne* CB LSU
5 Luke Kuechly* LB Boston College
6 David DeCastro* OG Stanford
7 Trent Richardson* RB Alabama
8 Justin Blackmon* WR Oklahoma State
9 Dontari Poe* DT Memphis
10 Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
11 Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
12 Courtney Upshaw LB Alabama
13 Riley Reiff* OT Iowa
14 Dont'a Hightower* LB Alabama
15 Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina
16 Jonathan Martin* OT Stanford
17 Cordy Glenn OT Georgia
18 Stephon Gilmore* CB South Carolina
19 Fletcher Cox* DT Mississippi State
20 Kendall Wright WR Baylor
21 Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M
22 Mark Barron S Alabama
23 Whitney Mercilus* DE Illinois
24 Dre Kirkpatrick* CB Alabama
25 Michael Brockers* DT LSU
26 Peter Konz* C Wisconsin
27 Nick Perry* DE USC
28 Zach Brown LB North Carolina
29 Devon Still DT Penn State
30 Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State
31 Stephen Hill* WR Georgia Tech
32 Lamar Miller* RB Miami (FL)

RealSNR
04-04-2012, 10:20 AM
I love Baldy. Sometimes he talks out of his ass but he's fun to listen to.Whenever I'm on the road for my job, I try to listen in to Skip Bayless. He's a sniveling wet fart, but his whining rants sure are entertaining.

Dave Lane
04-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Wow Tannehill at #21. If there wasn't a crazed frenzy for QBs I'd say thats alot closer to his true value.

ForeverChiefs58
04-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Russ Lande said Chiefs would be looking to interior Oline,NT,CB and thought the Chiefs really wanted another passrusher to push Houston. (sounds like russ reads the CPlanet to me)

Hmmmmm.

Chiefs | Coach expects improvement from Justin Houston
Sun, 01 Apr 2012 12:49:26 -0700
Kansas City Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel said he expects to see improved play from LB Justin Houston this season because he will have a full offseason to work with coaches. Crennel said he started seeing improvement last season and believes Houston has the potential to be a very good player.

Direckshun
04-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Baldy had the Chiefs trading down and grabbing WR Kendall Wright :shrug:

I could see the Wright thing if we trade down. I wouldn't say it's likely, but it's possible.

Wright would be a great slot guy, and apparently the Chiefs like using Breaston out wide.

This team just needs a pure deep threat more than anything.

Baldwin is close. Maybe as he develops he'll get there.

ForeverChiefs58
04-04-2012, 11:40 AM
I could see the Wright thing if we trade down. I wouldn't say it's likely, but it's possible.

Wright would be a great slot guy, and apparently the Chiefs like using Breaston out wide.

This team just needs a pure deep threat more than anything.

Baldwin is close. Maybe as he develops he'll get there.

Found his measurements very unimpressive. Wright is listed as 5-10, 196 pounds and ran a 4.6 40.

Chief Roundup
04-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Brian Baldinger His name says it all with that guy.

whoman69
04-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Can't see drafting a WR in the first to be the # 4 receiver and then watch him get hurt playing ST.

O.city
04-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Figured this was as good of place as any, but Kiper did a two round mock on ESPN.

Had us taking Kuechly in the first and Still in the second.

htismaqe
04-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Figured this was as good of place as any, but Kiper did a two round mock on ESPN.

Had us taking Kuechly in the first and Still in the second.

I can't see us taking Still. He's not a true NT and would likely end up competing with Dorsey for playing time.

The Franchise
04-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Found his measurements very unimpressive. Wright is listed as 5-10, 196 pounds and ran a 4.6 40.

:spock:

Yeah....because he plays at a 4.6 speed. JFC.

ChiefMojo
04-04-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm starting to get a feeling we are going to let Dorsey walk or try to trade him in time. The mock I put out yesterday, I had Reyes from UConn going in the 2nd round. Very similar to Still in many ways and in the same round. If we draft someone like Still, that is likely writing on the wall imo or unless we are getting him a sub package luxury pick much like Allen Bailey. Btw, Still is the cousin of ex-Chiefs great Art Still.

ForeverChiefs58
04-04-2012, 03:31 PM
:spock:

Yeah....because he plays at a 4.6 speed. JFC.

Nooooo. Because it was in reference to someone playing the slot, and someone who runs a 4.2-4.3 is going to be faster than someone who runs a 4.6 40 no matter how fast he plays.

Mr. Laz
04-04-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm starting to get a feeling we are going to let Dorsey walk or try to trade him in time. The mock I put out yesterday, I had Reyes from UConn going in the 2nd round. Very similar to Still in many ways and in the same round. If we draft someone like Still, that is likely writing on the wall imo or unless we are getting him a sub package luxury pick much like Allen Bailey. Btw, Still is the cousin of ex-Chiefs great Art Still.
we might if they think they can get more for Dorsey that he's worth to us.

same goes for Bowe tbh

i don't know what either would be worth in trade though

I assume Bowe would go for around 1st and 3rd

Dorsey a 2nd?

dunno

Nightfyre
04-04-2012, 03:48 PM

he ran a 4.41 at his pro day. dumbshit

suds79
04-04-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm starting to get a feeling we are going to let Dorsey walk or try to trade him in time.

I think Tyson Jackson is due a large roster bonus coming up after next year also.

So I could see a situation where the Chiefs are drafting some DEs now to get ready to replace these guys.

Mr. Laz
04-04-2012, 04:02 PM
I think Tyson Jackson is due a large roster bonus coming up after next year also.

So I could see a situation where the Chiefs are drafting some DEs now to get ready to replace these guys.
i sure as hell hope they don't use 1st round picks again.

Our scheme basically handcuffs the DE/NT/DE and makes any quickness and penetration talent they have worthless.

We need big,space eating strong guys who are great at using their hands.

ChiefMojo
04-04-2012, 04:04 PM
That is very possible. I forgot that T-Jax had a big roster bonus coming up. So it would make a lot of sense to draft a guy that brings quality depth and the ability to replace the starter in time. I think Allen Bailey has the potential to be that type of guy as well but he is only one player. It is always wise to have four quality players amongst the two DE spots. Never know what may happen due to injuries or just giving guys a chance to catch their breath.

My main question is, 3-4 DE's aren't pass rushers and are space eaters to stop the run first. With Bailey last year and possibly someone like Still this year... those are players capable of playing DE but are being brought in for more of their explosive pass rush ability. Great to have that type of player for certain packages but at the 2nd round??? Then again the Chiefs/Pioli may be feeling we are getting to the point of depth/luxury picks than actually having glaring holes. Take the BPA.

htismaqe
04-04-2012, 04:06 PM
i sure and hell hope they don't use 1st round picks again.

Our scheme basically handcuffs the DE/NT/DE and makes any quickness and penetration talent they have worthless.

I agree on all points.

ForeverChiefs58
04-04-2012, 04:15 PM
he ran a 4.41 at his pro day. dumbshit

Geez. A little strong response. Simply telling someone and providing a link could be considered more appropriate.

Midal. Not just for you, but also benefits those who might come in contact with you as well.

I was just going by http://walterfootball.com/.

4.61 was what he ran at the combine.

Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
Height: 5-10. Weight: 196.
40 Time: 4.61.
Vertical: 38.5.
Broad: 10-1. Hand: 8 5/8. Projected Round (2012): 1.
3/12/12: Wright had a disappointing Combine with a very slow 40 time for a speed receiver.

Nightfyre
04-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Geez. A little strong response. Simply telling someone and providing a link could be considered more appropriate.

Midal. Not just for you, but also benefits those who might come in contact with you as well.

3/12/12: Wright had a disappointing Combine with a very slow 40 time for a speed receiver.
He clearly plays faster than 4.61 and you basing your entire opinion of him on his 4.61 at the combine demonstrates that you should shut your piehole unless you want a bb beatdown for being stupid. That's how chiefsplanet works.

ForeverChiefs58
04-04-2012, 06:03 PM
He clearly plays faster than 4.61 and you basing your entire opinion of him on his 4.61 at the combine demonstrates that you should shut your piehole unless you want a bb beatdown for being stupid. That's how chiefsplanet works.

I looked him up, saw he was 5-10 under 196 lbs and ran a 4.61 40 at combine, then simply stated his measurements weren't impressive for a guy being talked about in the slot. I never said anything about him looking slow or how he played, let alone having any opinion of him. Was just discussing him to get a little more feedback on him, because I honostly have only watched him maybe a couple times.
I wasn't aware he ran such a better time at a different day. You could have just mentioned he had a bad combine or something, no need to be so testy.

DTLB58
04-04-2012, 07:47 PM

Didn't you know? 90% of the membership here resort to name calling in their responses. It makes them feel important and like they know something.

Willie Lanier
04-04-2012, 08:13 PM
i sure as hell hope they don't use 1st round picks again.

I completely agree, and have no desire to draft another 5 tech in the first round, but hopefully we hedge our bets with Dorsey and draft some depth in rounds 3-7