PDA

View Full Version : Life O-State beats out MU on Football Recruit.

El Jefe
04-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Somehow we were able to steal a very good recruit from your state, both of his parents went to Mizzou, it must be the Urban Meyer Charm. Mizzou has some good football talent, I never really noticed before.

Mizzou Junior Day: Ezekiel Elliott............Top Missouri 2013 football prospect.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pyvInb9BQoc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pyvInb9BQoc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Ezekiel Elliott #⃣2⃣ ‏ @EzekielElliott
I'm gonna be a #Buckeye!!

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=10663

Bambi
04-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Not exactly the college football "powerhouses". Must be that Urban Meyer charm...

Arkansas, Arizona State, UCLA, Georgia, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Kentucky, Missouri, Nebraska, Penn State, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kansas State, Tennessee and Northern Illinois were among Elliott's other scholarship offers.

rageeumr
04-05-2012, 11:08 AM
I feel the need to point out that his HS (John Burroughs in St. Louis) costs $22,100 per year. That is astounding. My undergraduate alma mater (Missouri S&T) costs almost the exact same this year.

buddha
04-05-2012, 11:20 AM
We'll see how it works out. John Burroughs doesn't exactly play against the best competition, so Elliot should look like a star. He's big, fast enough, has excellent vision. He lacks D1 break away speed...

Titty Meat
04-05-2012, 12:32 PM
That guy doesn't look fast at all

Bowser
04-05-2012, 12:37 PM
I feel the need to point out that his HS (John Burroughs in St. Louis) costs $22,100 per year. That is astounding. My undergraduate alma mater (Missouri S&T) costs almost the exact same this year.

Wonder how much of that gets reduced for being a star player for the school.....

El Jefe
04-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Not exactly the college football "powerhouses". Must be that Urban Meyer charm...

Arkansas, Arizona State, UCLA, Georgia, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Kentucky, Missouri, Nebraska, Penn State, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kansas State, Tennessee and Northern Illinois were among Elliott's other scholarship offers.

Who said anything about "powerhouses" you douche nozzle. I said we got a great Missouri player away from MU.

El Jefe
04-05-2012, 12:45 PM

Holy crap, this is a David at the Dentist "Is this real life".

El Jefe
04-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Wonder how much of that gets reduced for being a star player for the school.....

When I was being recruited out of high school by Division 3 Colleges, they cannot give Athletic Scholarships, but they can give grants. Let's just say that I had Grants for anything and everything they could find, about 22k per year worth LOL.

El Jefe
04-05-2012, 12:48 PM
We'll see how it works out. John Burroughs doesn't exactly play against the best competition, so Elliot should look like a star. He's big, fast enough, has excellent vision. He lacks D1 break away speed...

Interesting, thanks for noting that, I have no idea about the schools they play. All I know is that our stable of RB's for the next 3 years is absolutely loaded, so if he isn't as good as advertised, oh well.

vailpass
04-05-2012, 01:02 PM
When I was being recruited out of high school by Division 3 Colleges, they cannot give Athletic Scholarships, but they can give grants. Let's just say that I had Grants for anything and everything they could find, about 22k per year worth LOL.

That doesn't really answer whether the high school in question reduced thwir tuition for a good football player but you did get to say "when I was being recruited out of high school" so maybe it wasn't a complete waste.

Pitt Gorilla
04-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Missouri would have loved to have him. I don't know that he was a "have to get" player, though.

kcchiefsus
04-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Interesting, thanks for noting that, I have no idea about the schools they play. All I know is that our stable of RB's for the next 3 years is absolutely loaded, so if he isn't as good as advertised, oh well.

Which makes it even more ridiculous for him to go there. See how Ronnie Wing has fared after he spurned Missouri for Arkansas. I expect the same to happen with this kid.

duncan_idaho
04-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Tough loss for Mizzou here, but the opportunity to play the Percy Harvin role in Meyer's offense was too enticing, I think.

John Burroughs is one of the best high schools in the midwest. It doesn't do the athletic scholarship thing (partly because the school is so small, but this isn't DeSmet/Rockhurst/etc when it comes to recruiting talent)... I know his parents are both pretty successful professionals, so I'd expect they're just paying for it.

kcchiefsus
04-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Urban Meyer will tell a recruit what they want to hear. I'm pretty sure I read that when Meyer was at Florida and was recruiting Tim Tebow and Jevan Snead he told Snead that Tebow was being recruited as a linebacker. The two recruits finally met and when Tebow told Snead he had been told he was being recruited as a quarterback. Needless to say Meyer was revealed as a liar. I guess it hasn't hurt him though.

Titty Meat
04-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Tough loss for Mizzou here, but the opportunity to play the Percy Harvin role in Meyer's offense was too enticing, I think.

John Burroughs is one of the best high schools in the midwest. It doesn't do the athletic scholarship thing (partly because the school is so small, but this isn't DeSmet/Rockhurst/etc when it comes to recruiting talent)... I know his parents are both pretty successful professionals, so I'd expect they're just paying for it.

If that guy is playing the Percy Harvin role OSU is fucked.

ohiobronco2
04-05-2012, 10:10 PM
If that guy is playing the Percy Harvin role OSU is ****ed.

This "Percy Harvin" line has been beaten to death. That's all I've heard is that all these kids are told they can be the next Percy Harvin. Elliot is a fine football player, he's no Harvin or Ginn though. Jalin Marshall looks like a much more shiftier/explosive player.