PDA

View Full Version : Football NFL.com QB Rankings

Titty Meat
04-06-2012, 06:23 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8281b796/article/quarterback-rankings-eli-manning-tops-list-heading-into-2012?fb_ref=fbLike

Quarterback rankings: Eli Manning tops list heading into 2012

It's like every offseason someone has to proclaim how good a quarterback he is.

We had Top-Five Eli last spring, and now Joe Flacco says he thinks he's the best QB in the NFL.

First of all, I don't think Joe Flacco really believes he's the best. I know there's that professional pride, and that's why things like "Who's the best QB?" aren't decided by the quarterbacks themselves. I think Flacco was giving the answer he thinks he's supposed to give -- and one his teammates want to see him give, as well. It wasn't a knee-jerk response to the query, rather a well-thought out "When I'm asked this question, this is what I'm going to say."

So now that we've figured that out, just where does Joe Flacco rank in current quarterback hierarchy? Let's go 1-32 and see where everyone sits. The criteria for the rankings don't factor in age. This is not "Who do you start a team with?" It's simply a measurement of where each QB stands right now, entering the 2012 season. And brace yourself for a shocker right off the bat ...
The top 10

1) Eli Manning, New York Giants: A 30-touchdown/4,000-yard passer with two Super Bowls in the past five years. Both won with last-minute drives -- and both over Tom Brady. Give me a better recent résumé. You can't.

2) Tom Brady, New England Patriots: Even though he hasn't won the Super Bowl in seven years, he's now been to five. And would be 5-for-5 if Wes Welker had stickier hands and David Tyree did not.

3) Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers: I'm still taking him over the next two guys because I believe he'll win a playoff game in minus-45 degree weather before the other two will. And he's got two rings.

4) Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints: If fantasy were reality, Brees would sit atop this list. But it isn't, so he doesn't. Like Brady, too many things outside of his control have kept him from winning more. (Like playing those pesky road playoff games.)

5) Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers: The first three things that come to mind when I think of Rodgers: 1) He's a machine; 2) Discount Double Check; and 3) That stinker at home against the G-Men. That holds him back from No. 2 overall.

6) Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos: Stop thinking that Peyton's going to be playing with a neck brace and a cane. He'll still be Peyton, and we'll forget about his injury by the first preseason game.

7) Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers: It's a small sample size, but I also knew I liked Ben & Jerry's "Phish Food" from my first tasting spoon. Some things you just know.

8) Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers: No matter who he has to throw to, he wins. He was better in 2010 without Vincent Jackson than with him. He elevates his receivers and could be a Hall of Famer by the end of his career like Dan Fouts. He could also wind up never getting to a Super Bowl like Fouts, too.

9) Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons: His spot in the top 10 is tenuous. He needs a big performance in a playoff game to avoid being labeled the next Barry Bonds. (I mean before the whole steroid thing, back when he was great in the regular season and then would hit .149 October.)

10) Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles: It's a make-or-break season health-wise for Vick as far as his status as an elite QB goes. If he could have stayed upright this past season, he'd be in the top five. But he didn't, so he's not. (I just found out I really like ending sentences that way. I'm thankful to have stolen it from Colin Farrell in "In Bruges.")
The next five

11) Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions: The anti-Michael Vick. After not being healthy his entire career, he was injury-free all last season. He'll be knocking on the door of the top five if he duplicates his last season's performance in 2012.

12) Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens: Ah, here's our guy! Disappearing for three weeks at a time continues to kill him. Just when everyone thinks he's turned the corner, he vanishes faster than a Mega Millions winner.

13) Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys: He's better than anyone gives him credit for. The Cowboys' inability to win bigger isn't 100 percent Romo's fault. It's only 100 percent in the final two minutes of a game.

14) Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears: The Bears would've been in the Super Bowl last season if he stayed healthy. If he gets the Bears to one this season, he cracks the top seven. Yeah, he's really that good, whether you like him or not.

15) Matt Schaub, Houston Texans: He's always been a big numbers guy, but the past couple years he's played smarter and the Texans have won more. Like Cutler's Bears, if Schaub didn't get hurt, the Texans would've made the trip to Indy in February.

16) Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts: Yes, I'm projecting his selection by the Colts at No. 1. (Pretty bold!) He's not this highly rated for no reason, guys. And you'd take him and his potential for the 2012 season over anyone else between here and 32.

17) Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals: He showed me a lot winning nine games as a rookie last year, but the praise he got overshadowed his actual production. Show me you can win games as a sophomore and you'll be higher next year.

18) Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams: I can't wait to see how well he does now that he has actual receivers to throw the football to. He could make the biggest jump on this list between now and the end of 2012. Possible breakout.

19) Josh Freeman, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: As we saw last season, he wasn't quite ready to have the Bucs' fortunes completely rest on his shoulders. This is a HUGE year for him to show he can do it. He has all the tools -- now he needs to become a leader.

20) Carson Palmer, Oakland Raiders: His best days are behind him (bad). But now he has a whole offseason with the team's playbook (good). But he's still throwing to DHB and a bunch of no-names he can't make better (bad).

21) Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins: Projecting his selection at No. 2 by Washington. You can't just say he's the next Cam Newton, but you can't say he isn't either. If I thought he would throw for a high completion percentage right off the bat, I'd have him just behind Luck.

22) Jake Locker, Tennessee Titans: Projecting he'll beat out Matt Hasselbeck. He really surprised me in 2011 with the way he was able to ignite Tennessee without a running game. Right now he's still all potential, but more accurate than I thought.
The ones who make the top two-thirds of this list possible

23) Mark Sanchez, New York Jets: Projecting he'll beat out Tim Tebow, at least for a week. Think about this: He's this low, despite playing lights-out in two playoff runs when he was the Jets' best player. That tells you how inconsistent his regular seasons have been. And yes, I'd have him this low even if Tebow wasn't on the team.

24) Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills: Look at his stats and you see a late-career bloomer. Look at his stats after his first 16 NFL games and you see why he's rounding out the bottom third. Defensive coordinators know how to slow him down. But he did go to Harvard, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as he attempts to make his own adjustments this offseason. Here's my first tip: Don't grow the beard.

25) Alex Smith, San Francisco 49ers: Again, like Dalton, the accolades weren't proportional to his accomplishments. He still only threw 17 touchdown passes in 16 regular-season games. This is Smith's ceiling, or the 49ers wouldn't have gone in as far as they did for Peyton Manning.

26) Matt Cassel, Kansas City Chiefs: The good news is he has all his weapons back and a couple more to hand off to (a healthy Jamaal Charles and Peyton Hillis). But I'm so skeptical. I think he just got hot for a few games in 2010.

27) Christian Ponder, Minnesota Vikings: He makes plays with his feet, but had trouble re-adjusting to the league once teams had a couple games of tape on him. He could be in store for a Blaine Gabbert-type season in Minnesota.

28) John Skelton, Arizona Cardinals: Projecting he'll beat out Kevin Kolb. Skelton enjoyed the success that has eluded Kolb with one simple strategy: Throw the football to Larry Fitzgerald! But in any event, Arizona will be on the lookout for an upgrade next offseason.

29) Matt Flynn, Seattle Seahawks: He could be higher on this list, but how am I seriously supposed to gauge a guy with two NFL starts in a four-year career?

30) Colt McCoy, Cleveland Browns: He's the top dog in Cleveland, until the Browns draft Ryan Tannehill (or not). I've seen glimpses of how good he can be. But just glimpses. Eventually you have to put it together no matter who's blocking for you.

31) Matt Moore, Miami Dolphins: Projecting he'll beat out David Garrard. Moore has some nice games, but too many pedestrian ones to be a real difference maker over the long haul.

32) Chad Henne, Jacksonville Jaguars: Projecting he'll beat out Gabbert. By and large Henne is the same QB now he was when he was a freshman at Michigan. Big arm, but erratic and prone to bad turnovers. And still, he could keep Gabbert on the bench.

Okie_Apparition
04-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Accepting the world isn't flat takes time
Kansas isn't everything people

kcxiv
04-06-2012, 06:31 PM
EVERYONE is starting to see Cassel is crap, except for our mighty mighty front office.

Easy 6
04-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Thats seems about right... Pioli better just keep adding talent around his paramour, if he wants this team to look better than #26.

Bwana
04-06-2012, 06:46 PM
The 26 ranking is a gift.

HighChief
04-06-2012, 06:48 PM
He should be between 15-17. This guy is just telling you who he likes. Not based on anything but that. Alex smith at 25? Cam Newton at 7? Romo at 12? Please. Funny. I would have thought stanzi would be top 5 on this list with how CP raves about him lol.

This guy thinks Cassel got lucky in 2010? How bout the year he was with NE. Cam Newton is a joke in the top 10 at this point in his career. He is no Manning but he is above average in this league.

R8RFAN
04-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Carson Palmer is underrated

Psyko Tek
04-06-2012, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=R8ers;8522468]Carson Palmer is under preforming/QUOTE]

FYP

Hoover
04-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Sorry, but Eli is not number one.

Top five maybe.

R8RFAN
04-06-2012, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=R8ers;8522468]Carson Palmer is under preforming/QUOTE]

FYP

FYP FAIL!

RealSNR
04-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Aaron Rodgers at 5 is a fucking joke. I'd take him above Brees, Roethlisberger, and Eli.

BigMeatballDave
04-06-2012, 07:13 PM

Top five maybe.Have you ever watched him play in the post season?

Easy 6
04-06-2012, 07:15 PM

Top five maybe.

His physical gifts may often seem to be lacking, but i'll be damned if doesnt get results, he does more winning, with less overall physical talent, than any other QB in the league...EVER... very, very brainy, picks his shots better than anyone.

Eli is what Matt Cassel wishes he could be.

BigMeatballDave
04-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Cam Newton will have a rude awakening this season.

He was good last season but there is a whole season of film on him.

He'll regress.

BigMeatballDave
04-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Eli is what Matt Cassel wishes he could be.Matt couldnt be Eli even if he had a Genie and an endless supply of wishes.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-06-2012, 07:18 PM
I'd take Henne over Cassel...

keg in kc
04-06-2012, 07:19 PM
He should be between 15-17. This guy is just telling you who he likes. Not based on anything but that. Alex smith at 25? Cam Newton at 7? Romo at 12? Please. Funny. I would have thought stanzi would be top 5 on this list with how CP raves about him lol.

This guy thinks Cassel got lucky in 2010? How bout the year he was with NE. Cam Newton is a joke in the top 10 at this point in his career. He is no Manning but he is above average in this league.You seem very blissful.

FlaChief58
04-06-2012, 07:20 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

BigMeatballDave
04-06-2012, 07:22 PM

Are you the Raider version of Knowmo now?

Hoover
04-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Have you ever watched him play in the post season?
If you asked me to rate the QBs I'd go with:

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Eli
5. Ben

If you want a list of QBs who shine in big moments thats a different thing.

Look, if Vick won the SB last year he would be #1 and Eli would be top 10.

The list is a joke.

R8RFAN
04-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Are you the Raider version of Knowmo now?

Call me what you want, but Carson is going to give the Cheaps fits for the next 2 seasons

FlaChief58
04-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Call me what you want, but Carson is going to give the Cheaps fits for the next 2 seasons

Yeah, all those picks he gonna throw are really gonna give us fits ROFLROFLROFL

R8RFAN
04-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Yeah, all those picks he gonna throw are really gonna give us fits ROFLROFLROFL

yUP.. we gave a 17th in the first and a 2nd

Small price to pay for a legit QB... Cheaps need to try it sometime

RealSNR
04-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Call me what you wantOkay. You're a homer.

Very likely a troll, too. I have yet to see you back up this Palmer claim with anything more than "RAIDERS FAVORITE TEAM CARSON PALMER NEW QB I LIKE HIM HE GOOD."

FlaChief58
04-06-2012, 07:31 PM

Small price to pay for a legit QB...

Legit QB!?!?! ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

-King-
04-06-2012, 07:33 PM
His physical gifts may often seem to be lacking, but i'll be damned if doesnt get results, he does more winning, with less overall physical talent, than any other QB in the league...EVER... very, very brainy, picks his shots better than anyone.

Eli is what Matt Cassel wishes he could be.

That is the exact opposite of what Eli is. Hes a talented player who often makes retarded bonehead decisions.
Posted via Mobile Device

R8RFAN
04-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Okay. You're a homer.

Very likely a troll, too. I have yet to see you back up this Palmer claim with anything more than "RAIDERS FAVORITE TEAM CARSON PALMER NEW QB I LIKE HIM HE GOOD."

Full off-season = Win...

5 in a row in KC

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CvYCzaoExB8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bwana
04-06-2012, 07:34 PM

This guy thinks Cassel got lucky in 2010? How bout the year he was with NE. Cam Newton is a joke in the top 10 at this point in his career. He is no Manning but he is above average in this league.

Between 15-17? Have you been hitting the Old Crow? :eek:

http://www.whiskeywise.com/images/Old-Crow-Bourbon.jpg

Bwana
04-06-2012, 07:35 PM

He's no Tim Tebow.

BigMeatballDave
04-06-2012, 07:42 PM

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Eli
5. Ben

The list is a joke.4th is about right. You said maybe top 5.

the Talking Can
04-06-2012, 07:50 PM
pioli thinks cassel is a franchise QB

4 years wasted

RealSNR
04-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Full off-season = Win...

5 in a row in KC
Everybody gets a full off-season, dumbass.

Tell me how Carson Palmer will transcend his play that he had going with the Bengals. Because if he matches it, that's not very impressive. Hell, our shitty teams in 07-09 had no problems containing him.

Bump
04-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Matt Cassel too high IMO

Quesadilla Joe
04-06-2012, 08:51 PM

Small price to pay for a legit QB... Cheaps need to try it sometime
Kyle Orton is a better QB than Carson Palmer. Carson had two good seasons and 6 crap seasons. He is an INT machine. He has zero value, at least Orton was capable of being a game manager, Carson can't even do that.

RealSNR
04-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Kyle Orton is a better QB than Carson Palmer. Carson had two good seasons and 6 crap seasons. He is an INT machine. He has zero value, at least Orton was capable of being a game manager, Carson can't even do that.KnowMo is fucking awesome when he talks smack on Raider fans ROFL

R8RFAN
04-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Kyle Orton is a better QB than Carson Palmer. Carson had two good seasons and 6 crap seasons. He is an INT machine. He has zero value, at least Orton was capable of being a game manager, Carson can't even do that.

Um Orton is a Cowboy

lcarus
04-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Full off-season = Win...

5 in a row in KC

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CvYCzaoExB8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah dude 5 in a row. We get that. But it was like 800 in a row in our favor before that.

R8RFAN
04-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Yeah dude 5 in a row. We get that. But it was like 800 in a row in our favor before that.

Only thing that matters is now...

RealSNR
04-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Only thing that matters is now...Since you mentioned that...

Your team going back to 2003 season:

0 winning records
6 different head coaches
45-63 record
6-12 record against the Chiefs

You might want to find something else that matters other than "now"

lcarus
04-06-2012, 09:08 PM
EVERYONE is starting to see Cassel is crap, except for our mighty mighty front office.

Ain't that the truth. I actually think Pioli and Hunt have realized it. They're just in the denial phase right now and don't have any surefire better options. Another season and he's a goner in my opinion.

Agent V
04-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Man. They put him behind players who haven't even played yet.

R8RFAN
04-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Since you mentioned that...

Your team going back to 2003 season:

0 winning records
6 different head coaches
45-63 record
6-12 record against the Chiefs

You might want to find something else that matters other than "now"

Win a playoff game or a SB and get back to me

lcarus
04-06-2012, 09:13 PM

We could if we wanted to. We just like to have great seasons and piss them away. It's what we do. :harumph:

BigMeatballDave
04-06-2012, 09:14 PM

Raiders havent won a SB in nearly 30 yrs.

You are in no position to talk smaq.

R8RFAN
04-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Raiders havent won a SB in nearly 30 yrs.

You are in no position to talk smaq.

but we atleast play in them and win a playoff game on occasion
http://www.freewebs.com/anthonycasias/raiders%20super%20bowl%20trophies.jpg

lcarus
04-06-2012, 09:18 PM

Yeah...but...I mean if a Patriots or Giants fan came on here and saw Raiders and Chiefs fans having this conversation, they'd probably shit themselves laughing.

cdcox
04-06-2012, 09:26 PM

The Raiders put Carson on Master Card at 21% interest.

BigMeatballDave
04-06-2012, 09:29 PM

9 yrs isnt 'on occasion'

RealSNR
04-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Win a playoff game or a SB and get back to meIf you want to talk about playoff wins, you have to go back 10 seasons. Either "now" is the only thing that matters or it isn't. You can't have it both ways, moron.

lcarus
04-06-2012, 09:44 PM
If you want to talk about playoff wins, you have to go back 10 seasons. Either "now" is the only thing that matters or it isn't. You can't have it both ways, moron.

:clap:

Quesadilla Joe
04-06-2012, 10:21 PM

ROFL

It's been a long time since the Raiders won one of those trophies, hasn't it?

The Faid have only won more than 5 games TWICE in the past 9 years. And have only won more than 8 games in a season three times in the past 17 years.

The Raiders are a joke. Your GM has cut nearly every good player that was on your roster. Your kicker and punter have been the two best players on your team for the past decade. ROFL

Deberg_1990
04-06-2012, 10:23 PM
When was the last time Phillip Rivers won a big game?

RealSNR
04-06-2012, 10:38 PM
When was the last time Phillip Rivers lost a big game by fumbling while in the victory formation?October 1, 2011. Very recently :D

Gadzooks
04-07-2012, 12:22 AM
What a stupid list.:rolleyes:

pr_capone
04-07-2012, 12:26 AM

I thought you were gonna say the Bosstones for a minute there. That would not have made sense at all.

Dylan
04-07-2012, 12:51 AM

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Eli
5. Ben

The list is a joke.

I disagree with you regarding Eli.

A few observations.

We have reached this era of prolific passing in the NFL - This was the year of the quarterback. Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers - set NFL records for passing yards, Brady was close.

But in the end only one quarterback was left standing - Winning MVP in the Super Bowl not once but twice in four years - Playing behind the worst pass blocking offensive line in the league.

The 15-01 Packers led, by Aaron Rodgers - were defeated 37-20 at home. The 13-03 49ers led, by Alex Smith - were defeated 20-17. The 13-03 Patriots led, by Tom Brady - were defeated 21-17 in Super Bowl XLVI - Perpetrated by the Giants and engineered by Manning - with none of those victories coming on home field.

Manning’s greatest characteristic is his ability to be clutch. He has established himself as the best clutch quarterback in the NFL.

Can you talk a little bit further about why your choices didn't make it to Super Bowl XVLI?

TIA :D

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzb1971th01qbemkno1_500.jpg

Bump
04-07-2012, 12:59 AM
I disagree with you regarding Eli.

A few observations.

We have reached this era of prolific passing in the NFL - This was the year of the quarterback. Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers - set NFL records for passing yards, Brady was close.

But in the end only one quarterback was left standing - Winning MVP in the Super Bowl not once but twice in four years - Playing behind the worst pass blocking offensive line in the league.

The 15-01 Packers led, by Aaron Rodgers - were defeated 37-20 at home. The 13-03 49ers led, by Alex Smith - were defeated 20-17. The 13-03 Patriots led, by Tom Brady - were defeated 21-17 in Super Bowl XLVI - Perpetrated by the Giants and engineered by Manning - with none of those victories coming on home field.

Manning’s greatest characteristic is his ability to be clutch. He has established himself as the best clutch quarterback in the NFL.

Can you talk a little bit further about why your choices didn't make it to Super Bowl XVLI?

TIA :D

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzb1971th01qbemkno1_500.jpg

but don't you know he sucks? because he looks goofy.

Dylan
04-07-2012, 01:01 AM
I think he looks hot! :D

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzkjjsxNwC1qhg219o1_500.jpg

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzkjjsxNwC1qhg219o2_400.jpg

I wouldn't trade Eli for any other quarterback in the league.

Below click on Nicks, Cruz.

Dylan
04-07-2012, 01:07 AM
My favorite photo:

No doubt, Eli is one of the toughest quarterbacks in the NFL.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m17aubISkf1r46u0ko1_500.png

Bless his heart!

Bump, where'd you go?

LOL

RealSNR
04-07-2012, 01:07 AM
My top 5:

1. Rodgers
2. Eli
3. Brady
4. Brees
5. Vick

Dylan
04-07-2012, 01:22 AM
My top 5:

1. Rodgers
2. Eli
3. Brady
4. Brees
5. Vick

That's a good list - except for Vick.

Luckily, there are no Eagles fans here. They think Vick has turned into Sanchez with all those tipped passes last season.

Eagles fans are very entertaining.

RealSNR
04-07-2012, 01:39 AM
That's a good list - except for Vick.

Luckily, there are no Eagles fans here. They think Vick has turned into Sanchez with all those tipped passes last season.

Eagles fans are very entertaining.I mostly just threw Vick on there so I wouldn't get laughed at for putting Stanzi in that spot

Titty Meat
04-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Bump

whoman69
04-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Bump

You bumped something that got reposted?

O.city
04-08-2012, 07:02 PM
I think Romo is to low.

I'd only take 7 or 8 qbs in the league over him and that maybe pushing it.

Titty Meat
04-08-2012, 07:26 PM
You bumped something that got reposted?

Why are you posting here?

Titty Meat
04-08-2012, 07:27 PM
I think Romo is to low.

I'd only take 7 or 8 qbs in the league over him and that maybe pushing it.

Dudes a choke artist

O.city
04-08-2012, 07:35 PM
He choked once in the playoffs. Last year he was fantastic.

I'd take him in KC in a heart beat.

milkman
04-08-2012, 07:37 PM
He choked once in the playoffs. Last year he was fantastic.

I'd take him in KC in a heart beat.

As much as I would like to disagree with Billay here, I can't.

Romo has a ton of talent and ability, but he has consistently been a choker, including in two big games last year.

BigMeatballDave
04-08-2012, 07:37 PM
My top 5:

1. Rodgers
2. Eli
3. Brady
4. Brees
5. VickVick ahead of the Rapist? No dice, Chino.

O.city
04-08-2012, 07:40 PM
As much as I would like to disagree with Billay here, I can't.

Romo has a ton of talent and ability, but he has consistently been a choker, including in two big games last year.

Romo put up really good numbers last year. I do agree that he seems to always come up short in big games, he has had some good big games as well.

One thing I will say in his defense, was that his defense last year was awful.

milkman
04-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Romo put up really good numbers last year. I do agree that he seems to always come up short in big games, he has had some good big games as well.

One thing I will say in his defense, was that his defense last year was awful.

As was Tom Brady's and Aaron Rodgers'.

Two of the Cowboy's losses that I saw last year were the direct result of Romo chokes

O.city
04-08-2012, 07:42 PM
As was Tom Brady's and Aaron Rodgers.

Very much so.

Quesadilla Joe
04-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Having Eli in the top 3 is laughable. He's good but he's no better than guys like Cutler, Stafford, Rivers, Big Ben, or Matt Ryan. I don't know about order but my top 5 would be.

1A. Brady
1B. Peyton
1C. Rodgers
1D. Brees
2A. Eli
2B. Big Ben

milkman
04-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Having Eli in the top 3 is laughable. He's good but he's no better than guys like Cutler, Stafford, Rivers, Eli, or Matt Ryan. I don't know about order but my top 5 would be.

1A. Brady
1B. Peyton
1C. Brees
2A.Big Ben
2B. Eli

You're an idiot.

Quesadilla Joe
04-08-2012, 07:46 PM
You're an idiot.

Forgot about Rodgers. You quoted me too quick.

O.city
04-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Rothlisberger doesn't get alot of love on this board. He's really good.

Quesadilla Joe
04-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Eli has just gotten lucky to win the 2 SB's he has. The Giants were never the best team in the league when they won their SB's. Heck, they were never one of the 5 best teams in the league when they won their SB's.

They just caught some breaks in the playoffs/SB and they won. Eli is good but he is starting to get overrated because of the second SB.

milkman
04-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Eli has just gotten lucky to win the 2 SB's he has. The Giants were never the best team in the league when they won their SB's. Heck, they were never one of the 5 best teams in the league when they won their SB's.

They just caught some breaks in the playoffs/SB and they won. Eli is good but he is starting to get overrated because of the second SB.

The best team doesn't always win the SB, and that's more true recently than in the past.

But the QB that steps up and makes the plays in the clutch is the QB that leads his team to the SB.

Eli has done that in both playoff runs, and both SBs.

His numbers in the regular season last year put him in the upper echelon.

His clutch play and toughness in the playoffs put him among the best.

Quesadilla Joe
04-08-2012, 09:41 PM
I agree that Eli has come up big in big spots but he is too inconsistent for me. He threw like 25 or 30 picks a couple years ago.

In my mind Eli is a more fortunate version of Tony Romo. Both are good QB's but Eli has had things go his way and Romo hasn't.

lcarus
04-08-2012, 09:45 PM
I agree that Eli has come up big in big spots but he is too inconsistent for me. He threw like 25 or 30 picks a couple years ago.

In my mind Eli is a more fortunate version of Tony Romo. Both are good QB's but Eli has had things go his way and Romo hasn't.

Basically Eli is clutch and Romo is a choker. At least so far.

milkman
04-08-2012, 09:46 PM

You're still an idiot.

If he gets lucky a couple of times, then you have something.

But when you consistently come up big in big moments, that is not luck.

RealSNR
04-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Rothlisberger doesn't get alot of love on this board. He's really good.All the QBs listed before Roethlisberger (Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Eli) are great 4th quarter QBs. Roethlisberger is with those guys on that list. He's possibly better than Brees and Rodgers under 2 minutes. If he ever finds a way to be a great QB for the first three quarters of those games, he'll work his way onto their level.

With the exception of Eli, all of those QBs have had postseason success without particularly great defenses. I'd like to see Roethlisberger play for a team like the Vikings who have some great weapons on offense but absolutely no defense. I can tell you this- he'd have to start playing clutch for all four quarters just like the other guys do.

Quesadilla Joe
04-08-2012, 10:00 PM
You're still an idiot.

If he gets lucky a couple of times, then you have something.

But when you consistently come up big in big moments, that is not luck.

OK.

If Tyree doesn't catch that ball off of his helmet and Manningham doesn't catch that ball with both feet in bounds you wouldn't be saying that. Hell forget about the Manningham play, if Kyle Williams doesn't shit the bed twice you wouldn't be claiming Eli was a top 3 QB.

Gadzooks
04-08-2012, 10:23 PM
OK.

If Tyree doesn't catch that ball off of his helmet and Manningham doesn't catch that ball with both feet in bounds you wouldn't be saying that. Hell forget about the Manningham play, if Kyle Williams doesn't shit the bed twice you wouldn't be claiming Eli was a top 3 QB.

Milkman - I'm starting to lose any iota of respect I’ve had for your FB opinions based on your recent comments on QB rankings.
It’s a sad day when I admit Knowmo actually has his head on his shoulders compared to you. His post speaks volumes to the idiocy of the Eli band wagon. He’s a mouth breathing sissy pants who happened to have an awesome defense and got very lucky twice. To insinuate that he’s a better QB than his brother is an insult to the game of football. You are hereby banished from commenting on QB rankings until you smarten’ up young man.
:harumph:

Dylan
04-09-2012, 01:10 AM

Wow! It's hard to pass up this teachable moment:

Manning has been a top-5 quarterback for 4 years now, yet he has consistently been denied of the credit due for his achievements.

I'll take Eli over Rogers, Brees or Brady any day. The status of an elite quarterback is that he makes the players around him better - Eli has made UDFA, rookies, and scrubs into household names - Hakeem Nicks and Jeremy Shockey are the only all-time first round draft picks Eli ever had.

Manning is the new face of "clutch" - He stands among the greatest “clutch” quarterbacks in NFL history. (Google it). *Be careful with quarterback stats - Most of them are useless.

The following article is not behind the WSJ's paywall:

The Wall Street Journal
Excerpts: A Closer Look at Eli's Interceptions

The Giants Quarterback Had Plenty of 'Help' in Recording a League-Leading 25 Picks Last Year; Tips, Poor Routes, Bad Luck

By By ADITI KINKHABWALA

Twenty-five interceptions.

Only 14 of Manning's 2010 interceptions were solely on him. To be sure, other quarterbacks are also victimized by poor route-running, tipped balls, good defense and bad luck, but Manning's exceptionally high interception total wouldn't have happened without so many issues beyond his control.

Eli’s interceptions came on dropped or tipped balls by his receivers. When you remove those interceptions from Eli’s ledger, his interception rate is right in line with his 2009 numbers at 2.8%,

Sept. 12 vs. Carolina, W 31-18
No. 1 — 1st quarter, 11:10, 2nd and 18 at NYG 36, 0-0
Receiver Hakeem Nicks sets out on an in cut. When the free safety crashes the slot receiver, Nicks is forced inside the yard numbers, instead of outside. That takes him out of the spot Manning throws to and when the ball is therefore a bit behind him, it glances off his hands and into safety Charles Godfrey's. Nicks needs to straighten up, work his way back outside the numbers and then cut in.
Blame: RECEIVER

No. 2 — 2nd quarter, 9:32, 3rd and 20 at NYG 47, NYG 7-6
With Carolina in a Tampa-2 and his receivers covered, Manning properly checks down to wide-open running back Ahmad Bradshaw—who doesn't catch the totally catchable ball and instead tips it to linebacker James Anderson.
Blame: RECEIVER

No. 3 — 4th quarter, 7:11, 3rd and 5 at NYG 25, NYG 31-16
Carolina is in a single high, with one deep safety. Manning sees Ramses Barden win his route and throws the ball where only a 6-6 receiver can catch it. Barden jumps, gets two hands on the ball – and tips it to Godfrey. Can a pass be too high if a 6-6 receiver gets two hands on it? Blame: RECEIVER
Sept. 19 at Indianapolis, L 38-14

No. 4 — 2nd quarter, 9:33, 1st and 10 at NYG 20, IND 14-0
Manning underthrows a deep ball to receiver Steve Smith, who's shaken the cornerback and beaten the safety. At the Colts' 20-yard line, Smith would have caught it and scored. At the 26, safety Jerraud Powers intercepts it.
Blame: MANNING

Read the rest here: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904900904576552971658719968.html

After winning a second Super Bowl in four years - We should refer to Peyton as Eli's brother. :D

Phobia
04-09-2012, 01:20 AM

Stupid post. Please go back to lurking.

BryanBusby
04-09-2012, 02:13 AM
OK.

This is dumb fuck off

kcxiv
04-09-2012, 03:57 AM
The QB's job is to put the ball in a place where the WR is able to make a play. Eli Manning did that while in a heap of trouble. Call it luck, or whatever you want, but what i got from that play was Eli refusing to give up on the play. Eli breaking away from a sack, gathering himself making a strong throw and putting it in a spot where his WR could attempt to make a catch. Doesnt sound like luck to me, and if it is, they made their own luck by stepping up.

Matt Cassels game against the Chargers sums up what kinda qb he is. lol Just shit the bed and threw the ball to the wrong person when it Mattered the most.

R8RFAN
04-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Suck it haters

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2011/11/06/Palmer-Trade-me-stance-a-selfish-decision-PIIH55T-x-large.jpg

Easy 6
04-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Who is he throwing to again?

jspchief
04-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Suck it haters

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2011/11/06/Palmer-Trade-me-stance-a-selfish-decision-PIIH55T-x-large.jpg

Grats on using a 1st and 2nd on an aging QB that's ranked in the bottom third of the league.

Rausch
04-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Suck it haters

Fuck the SB, Jason Smith (who?) says you won the unofficial QB derby...

Easy 6
04-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Face it, the fade are ****ed for the next few years, by the time he has any kind of team around him he will be well & truly spent... on the bright side, it does sound like this McKenzie fellow could be a good one to lead the team, sounded pretty bright in the Peter King column today.

But Carson will be long gone by the time he's able to build that team back up.

ChiefFripp
04-09-2012, 06:16 PM
How the hell do you put Roethlisberger above Aaron Rogers and Drew Brees? Cam and Vick are way too high as well (DATS WACIST!).

RealSNR
04-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Face it, the fade are ****ed for the next few years, by the time he has any kind of team around him he will be well & truly spent... on the bright side, it does sound like this McKenzie fellow could be a good one to lead the team, sounded pretty bright in the Peter King column today.

But Carson will be long gone by the time he's able to build that team back up.I really do applaud the McKenzie hire for the Raiders. I'm a little afraid that a guy like him is making personnel decisions for the Raiders.

You know what I'm NOT afraid of? Carson Palmer

Gadzooks
04-09-2012, 07:46 PM
I really do applaud the McKenzie hire for the Raiders. I'm a little afraid that a guy like him is making personnel decisions for the Raiders.

You know what I'm NOT afraid of? Carson Palmer

You should start being afraid in 5 years once he gets these knuckle heads out of their horrifying predicament.
Upon further review, he’ll have been fired after 4 losing seasons and will have been replaced by Warren Sapp so there are no worries. Feel free to live a happy life..

whoman69
04-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Its going to be very bad in Oakland before it can get good. If its bad too long they will start the whole process over. We can hope for that.

R8RFAN
04-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Its going to be very bad in Oakland before it can get good. If its bad too long they will start the whole process over. We can hope for that.

Raiders will win atleast as many as they did last year if our running game stays healthy.

You all can spin it all you want but there is no way in hell that this defense will be as bad as it was last year and that defense easily cost us the west title last year.

Offense is basically the same minus Bush and Boss... Boss is a good player but did nothing for us and was hurt alot so I don't see him being missed...

Denarius Moore has more experience and Jacoby Ford does too... DHB has improved drastically...

The offense is fine, we will be able to score, the big question mark will be the D

Pasta Little Brioni
04-10-2012, 09:53 AM
What moves improved that sorry ass defense? You have the worst corner group in the NFL now.

R8RFAN
04-10-2012, 11:00 AM
What moves improved that sorry ass defense? You have the worst corner group in the NFL now.

It was the scheme not the players, atleast routt is gone

vailpass
04-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Preseason ratings give us something to talk about but don't mean a damn thing.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-10-2012, 11:05 AM
It was the scheme not the players, atleast routt is gone

Routt> Pile of garbage the Faid will be trotting out next year.

Cmon dude. F'n bums the lot of em.

R8RFAN
04-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Routt> Pile of garbage the Faid will be trotting out next year.

Cmon dude. F'n bums the lot of em.

Routt sucks man, I can't wait to be here next year and watch you go off on him :D

RealSNR
04-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Routt sucks man, I can't wait to be here next year and watch you go off on him :DRoutt will serve a purpose for us. I'm sure if you took a guy like Jovan Belcher and put him at MLB in a 4-3 defense he'd suck fat fairy balls. Thankfully we use him to do a specific job for this defense, one that emphasizes his strengths. As such, he's a pretty good player for us.

Routt will be the same way. Sorry Hue wasn't smart enough to know how to work with him. Oh well, though.

He won't be Carr. No free agent CB will come close to what Carr was for us. But we'll be fine.

R8RFAN
04-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Routt will serve a purpose for us. I'm sure if you took a guy like Jovan Belcher and put him at MLB in a 4-3 defense he'd suck fat fairy balls. Thankfully we use him to do a specific job for this defense, one that emphasizes his strengths. As such, he's a pretty good player for us.

Routt will be the same way. Sorry Hue wasn't smart enough to know how to work with him. Oh well, though.

He won't be Carr. No free agent CB will come close to what Carr was for us. But we'll be fine.

If you are happy then I am happy...

Sofa King
04-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Having Eli in the top 3 is laughable. He's good but he's no better than guys like Cutler, Stafford, Rivers, Big Ben, or Matt Ryan. I don't know about order but my top 5 would be.

1A. Brady
1B. Peyton
1C. Rodgers
1D. Brees
2A. Eli
2B. Big Ben

LMAO @ Peyton being #2, or even in the top 5 for that matter.

Titty Meat
04-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Routt was a better coverage corner than Brandon Carr.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Reighters acts like he's a Warfield, Bartee love child.

R8RFAN
04-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Reighters acts like he's a Warfield, Bartee love child.

There ya go, when you lose you change the subject

RealSNR
04-10-2012, 03:21 PM
There ya go, when you lose you change the subjectHow is that changing the subject?

Pasta Little Brioni
04-10-2012, 03:28 PM
There ya go, when you lose you change the subject

Huh? You said the scrubs the Faid signed were better. Those turds are no better than past Chiefs dingleberries.