PDA

View Full Version : Royals Kansas City Royals @ Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Game Thread (4/8)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

KC_Connection
04-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Give me your odds on some random prop bets (looking for a percentage):

Hosmer breaks Balboni's Royal record of 36 HRs.

Minnesota does NOT play a game all season where they are not at least tied for last place.

Neither the Yankees nor Red Sox make the postseason.

Detroit has more wins than Minnesota has losses.
30% (The K is too much of a pitcher's park to hit many more than 30, IMO. Of course, maybe MLB will go back to juicing their balls again at some point and we'll move out of this minor pitching era).

90% (Minnesota is a horrible baseball team. The Orioles just swept them...easily at that).

5% (Those teams will be fine once they get home and start getting their umpire calls again. They're too good not to).

50% (Detroit could win 100 and Minnesota could lose 100. It's really about 50/50 here).

Great Expectations
04-08-2012, 09:05 PM
The one game tie in will give a large advantage in scheduling pitching match ups to the teams with the "bye."

alnorth
04-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Regarding quick pitching changes when someone gets in big trouble, that is probably deliberate compared to last year. Last year we were developing players more than trying to win, and there was value in seeing if a guy could get out of it. This year, Yost has been saying he's not developing anymore and focused only on winning. Last year we might have let Crow face one more batter, this year we go to Broxton right away.

milkman
04-08-2012, 09:21 PM
30% (The K is too much of a pitcher's park to hit many more than 30, IMO. Of course, maybe MLB will go back to juicing their balls again at some point and we'll move out of this minor pitching era).

The K is a difficult park to hit it out, but Balboni struck out more times that he actually got his bat on the ball.

Hosmer is a far better hitter, and it stands to reason that with far fewer strikeouts, and more consistent wood on the ball, he has a pretty good chance at approaching 40 HRs, even playin in the K.

Pitt Gorilla
04-08-2012, 09:27 PM
In slightly related news, Royals Corner is mostly dead right now.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-08-2012, 09:29 PM

Is that a website? The best site for Royals talk is www.chiefsplanet.com. Go figure.

Kyle DeLexus
04-08-2012, 09:35 PM

Yeah that site blows. I tried going there during the off-season during FA, but the Royals thread on this site was better than that entire forum.

Discuss Thrower
04-08-2012, 09:38 PM
I used to lurk Royals Scout's message board but they got password locked this year.

CaliforniaChief
04-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Anytime we beat the Angels out here, I walk with an extra bounce in my step.

We really took control of those last two games. I like how our offense was consistently putting pressure on the Angels, always making them play catch-up with us.

Even Chris Getz played well today.

CaliforniaChief
04-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Anytime we beat the Angels out here, I walk with an extra bounce in my step.

We really took control of those last two games. I like how our offense was consistently putting pressure on the Angels, always making them play catch-up with us.

Even Chris Getz played well today.

okcchief
04-08-2012, 09:54 PM
How long is Hosmer under contract? From everything I've heard we have an ice cubes chance in hell of extending him, right?

alnorth
04-08-2012, 09:57 PM
How long is Hosmer under contract? From everything I've heard we have an ice cubes chance in hell of extending him, right?

We control him for a real long-ass time. Hosmer is not a free agent until the 2017 season is over. Assuming we don't trade him at the 2017 deadline or extend him, we might lose him in 2018.

Thats one of the reasons why people are getting optimistic, our window of competition, even if you are pessimistic and thinking everyone will leave, looks pretty damned large. Most teams only get to enjoy a superstar that they grow for maybe 2 or 3 years before he leaves, because most mortal human beings who get good still need a few years to explode (see: Gordon, Butler, probably Moose).

Hosmer is not a normal human being, he's a member of some alien species from a planet where everyone plays baseball from birth, so we potentially have superstar production for the full 6+ years.

okcchief
04-08-2012, 10:03 PM
We control him for a real long-ass time. Thats one of the reasons why people are getting optimistic, our window of competition, even if you are pessimistic and thinking everyone will leave, looks pretty damned large.

Hosmer is not a free agent until the 2017 season is over. Assuming we don't trade him at the 2017 deadline or extend him, we might lose him in 2018.

That's awesome news. I was a little confused by the sites I was looking at. I hope they can sign him to a large deal and we can keep this thing rolling. I know I'll spend a lot of money on trips and merch if we just stay competitive and I'm sure KC fans feel the same. It is a great baseball town that deserves a team that can compete. I'm glad we got some others locked up, but Hosmer is the key. If we can keep him the rest will fall in place.

WilliamTheIrish
04-08-2012, 10:04 PM
I hope to hear many more random "Yankees Suck" chants this season.

Don't know if they showed it, but apparently some Yankee poser started some shit down the LF line and they ran him.

Kyle DeLexus
04-08-2012, 10:04 PM
We control him for a real long-ass time. Hosmer is not a free agent until the 2017 season is over. Assuming we don't trade him at the 2017 deadline or extend him, we might lose him in 2018.

Thats one of the reasons why people are getting optimistic, our window of competition, even if you are pessimistic and thinking everyone will leave, looks pretty damned large. Most teams only get to enjoy a superstar that they grow for maybe 2 or 3 years before he leaves, because most mortal human beings who get good still need a few years to explode (see: Gordon, Butler, probably Moose).

Hosmer is not a normal human being, he's a member of some alien species from a planet where everyone plays baseball from birth, so we potentially have superstar production for the full 6+ years.

Hopefully Myers is a member of that alien species as well.

AustinChief
04-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Is that a website? The best site for Royals talk is www.chiefsplanet.com. Go figure.

I own RoyalsPlanet.com... I should just redirect that url to this thread!

WilliamTheIrish
04-08-2012, 10:09 PM
We won that game in spite of ourselves. Very poor job on the bases. Very poor job of throwing it and catching it.

Nice that we were able to overcome it, but we've got to tighten it up.

I know it's easy to say, but you're absolutely correct. Remove the inability of Q to block a pitch in the dirt, and some little league base running, this is 9-1 laugher.

I'll take it, but these ghosts of Muser on the base paths can stop haunting us any time.

AustinChief
04-08-2012, 10:13 PM

ok, done! It appears that there is no need for a separate BBS or even sub-forum.. this thread seems to do the trick.. so now it can be reached via royalsplanet.com

Kyle DeLexus
04-08-2012, 10:14 PM

You should do that or make a Royals subforum where all the game threads and news can go and direct it to that.

Kyle DeLexus
04-08-2012, 10:15 PM
ok, done! It appears that there is no need for a separate BBS or even sub-forum.. this thread seems to do the trick.. so now it can be reached via royalsplanet.com

The bad thing is this is just a game thread. Should link it to the Repo thread.

AustinChief
04-08-2012, 10:17 PM
The bad thing is this is just a game thread. Should link it to the Repo thread.

hahaha, oops! I meant to do that, but I am an idiot and mistook the two. OK, re-redirecting now!

OK, should be good.

AustinChief
04-08-2012, 10:20 PM
You should do that or make a Royals subforum where all the game threads and news can go and direct it to that.

If we ever get to a point where we have enough activity to warrant a sub-forum, I'll do it.

SnakeXJones
04-08-2012, 10:23 PM
So who is the worst in the division The Sox or Twins?

Kyle DeLexus
04-08-2012, 10:25 PM
If we ever get to a point where we have enough activity to warrant a sub-forum, I'll do it.

Can't wait. It looks like we picked up another Royals fan early in this game thread, maybe by the power of Hoz this will be the year.

Coach
04-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Glad to see we took 2 out of 3 from those clowns. On to the A's.

alnorth
04-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Can't wait. It looks like we picked up another Royals fan early in this game thread, maybe by the power of Hoz this will be the year.

eh, not crazy about that idea, unless Royals activity picks up in a big way so that we're interfering with Chiefs. Chiefs fans who are only casual Royals fans might click in to see what's up a few times a season. We seem to do a good job of keeping all our Royals crap in the repository, unless there's super-big news.

Saul Good
04-09-2012, 07:43 AM

The Twins. They fucking suck.

58kcfan89
04-09-2012, 06:02 PM

The Twins. They ****ing suck.

Agreed, but I hope they both find a way to finish last. Fuck em both.