PDA

View Full Version : Life The zombie survival 'Google Map'

bevischief
04-11-2012, 08:46 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2127933/Zombie-survival-Google-Map-help-food-guns.html

The zombie survival 'Google Map' that will help you find food and guns after the undead apocalypse

By Chris Parsons

PUBLISHED: 18:03 EST, 10 April 2012 | UPDATED: 03:09 EST, 11 April 2012

Comments (68)

It's well known horror film fact that when a zombie apocalypse arrives, those who want to see off the army of the undead need a variety of supplies to survive.

Nearby medical care, weapons and nutrition are the key concerns for anyone hoping to successfully avoid being feasted on by rampant zombie legions.

Now, should any remaining humans be overcome by confusion or panic during the zombie invasion, a unique world map has been created detailing all the key locations people need to survive.

The 'Zombie Survival Map' plots petrol stations, grocery stores, and even gun shops in major cities across the world, should the worst happen and the undead take over the planet.

Mapped out in an ominous black and red colour scheme, the map, the map shows the nearest location for key locations in the fight against zombies, such as convenience stores, gun shops, and hardware stores.

Usefully, it also points out liquor stores, shopping malls, military facilities and police stations.

Cemeteries and campsites, stock locations for many zombie films, are also included, along with hospitals, airports, radio towers, outdoor stores, and harbours.

The selection of locations also features tongue-in-cheek descriptions so users can assess the usefulness of each category.

The convenience store, for example, is described as being 'likely to have snacks and non-perishables. Like Twinkies.'

http://www.mapofthedead.com/

Sofa King
04-11-2012, 09:03 AM
I like the fact that my state has less people than some of your cities do.

Attackers will be few and far between.

Sofa King
04-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Wow. I looked at the map of my town. LMAO

They got the business names right, but its like they just randomly spread them throughout town. They aren't even fucking close to the correct locations.

Radar Chief
04-11-2012, 09:23 AM
The convenience store, for example, is described as being 'likely to have snacks and non-perishables. Like Twinkies.'

Did you say Twinkies? /Tallahassee

KurtCobain
04-11-2012, 09:40 AM
This country is so much more prepared for a zombie apocalypse than we're given credit for. God bless America.

seaofred
04-11-2012, 09:47 AM

They got the business names right, but its like they just randomly spread them throughout town. They aren't even ****ing close to the correct locations.

My town was the same way... But for some reason they didn't even list Wal-Mart.

allen_kcCard
04-11-2012, 09:48 AM
They should list all of the locations that are those survivalist folks that already have big stocks of arms and supplies. Get the jump on them and it is one stop shopping.

AndChiefs
04-11-2012, 10:16 AM

They got the business names right, but its like they just randomly spread them throughout town. They aren't even ****ing close to the correct locations.

Some people are going to be pissed when they actually try using it. It would be kind of funny to watch though.

tooge
04-11-2012, 10:21 AM
according to this map, there isn't any reason to be anywhere near my house. Its just dark gray

Bowser
04-11-2012, 10:25 AM
according to this map, there isn't any reason to be anywhere near my house. Its just dark gray

That's nothing but zombie poop.

JOhn
04-11-2012, 10:35 AM
I like the fact that my state has less people than some of your cities do.

Attackers will be few and far between.

This, but we have better hunting. :D

KChiefer
04-11-2012, 10:43 AM
They've listed a Kraft plant as a food source in my town. It's a good place to remember in case I need vats of ranch, thousand island dressing, and powdered "cheese."

Bowser
04-11-2012, 10:45 AM
They've listed a Kraft plant as a food source in my town. It's a good place to remember in case I need vats of ranch, thousand island dressing, and powdered "cheese."

Bring toilet paper.

In fact, toilet paper may well be the new currency after a zombie apocolypse.

Sofa King
04-11-2012, 10:47 AM
This, but we have better hunting. :D

On word... Pheasants... If you like that kind of thing. Which coincidentally i don't...

Damn i wish i could hunt Elk and shit out there...

JOhn
04-11-2012, 10:49 AM
On word... Pheasants... If you like that kind of thing. Which coincidentally i don't...

Damn i wish i could hunt Elk and shit out there...

Second word: Mule Deer ( and I do like it ) bastards are everywhere.

Hell I'll hole up in the mountains, and let the Grizzlies thin out the Zombies that come my way....lol

Sofa King
04-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Second word: Mule Deer ( and I do like it ) bastards are everywhere.

Hell I'll hole up in the mountains, and let the Grizzlies thin out the Zombies that come my way....lol

Whitetail deer >>>> Mule Deer.

JOhn
04-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Whitetail deer >>>> Mule Deer.

True, but we're talking survival here and Mulies are very plentiful and a lot easier to hunt.

But really, if prepared right I bet you couldn't tell the difference. ;)

BillSelfsTrophycase
04-11-2012, 11:09 AM
My town was the same way... But for some reason they didn't even list Wal-Mart.

imagine peopleofwalmart.com, only with zombies

KChiefer
04-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Bring toilet paper.

In fact, toilet paper may well be the new currency after a zombie apocolypse.

Oh, you know I'll have mine! I work an annual 4-day music fest with 10K hippies, and the importance of having your own TP cannot be over-stated.