PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet ChiefsPlanet history lesson

lcarus
04-11-2012, 10:01 PM
I don't know why I give a shit, but I guess I've been here long enough now to know what the fuck I missed out on. Who used to be big time posters here that are no longer here. Why did they leave? Will they be back? Who are the original people that started out here? Why is Gaz gone and why is he an option for every poll? Why do I touch myself at night? What are those feelings? What is the warm white liquid that comes out?

luv
04-11-2012, 10:02 PM
I think the simple answer is n00bs.

Dayze
04-11-2012, 10:02 PM
....and WTF is Sucivor Planet?!!

Bugeater
04-11-2012, 10:03 PM
This thread is worthless without a poll with a Gaz option.

yeti
04-11-2012, 10:03 PM
repost

SPchief
04-11-2012, 10:07 PM
If you don't know the answers to those questions, then you will always be a n00b

lcarus
04-11-2012, 10:08 PM
If you don't know the answers to those questions, then you will always be a n00b

I will always be a noob no matter what, but I still wanna know!

SLAG
04-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Your Journey begins here:

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=32

SPchief
04-11-2012, 10:10 PM

There's a whole database to search to learn the history. I'd start with the HOC

SPchief
04-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Whoa, a rare Slag sighting.

SLAG
04-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Whoa, a rare Slag sighting.

I am always around

I'm usually poking around in the Media Center - D.C. from time to time for some lulz

SPchief
04-11-2012, 10:14 PM
I am always around

I'm usually poking around in the Media Center - D.C. from time to time for some lulz

I don't visit the Media Center because it's not my thing, but why the hell would you venture into that cesspool DC?

Dayze
04-11-2012, 10:16 PM

Yup. Get back to us in September with a full report.

Bugeater
04-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Your best bet is to set your display options like this and start reading.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2553u45.jpg

Dayze
04-11-2012, 10:17 PM
I don't visit the Media Center because it's not my thing, but why the hell would you venture into that cesspool DC?

cesspool?...what are you a commie/republican/democrat/Marxist/abortion lover/gun controlist ?

lcarus
04-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Yup. Get back to us in September with a full report.

Ok. I'll see ya then. Bye guys! I'm off to learn. :)

SLAG
04-11-2012, 10:19 PM

Eh - I'm not really sure....
I never take it too seriously - I figured to be a full member of CP I should stick into all its orifices... even the narsty ones

SPchief
04-11-2012, 10:19 PM
cesspool?...what are you a commie/republican/democrat/Marxist/abortion lover/gun controlist ?

Is there a none of the above option?

Bugeater
04-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Mods plz move to DC.

RealSNR
04-11-2012, 10:21 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vasDsGAT_3w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

luv
04-11-2012, 10:22 PM

Skip over any threads by luv2rite or luv.

lcarus
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vasDsGAT_3w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pele5vptVgc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze
Is there a none of the above option?

What are you....a Ron Paul supporter?!!!,

SLAG
04-11-2012, 10:23 PM

and this should tell your right here that those are required reading ;)

Deberg_1990
and this is why you dont pass on Clausen!

Dayze
Search for "grape Gatorade"

lcarus

Ok, yeah cool. I promise now I won't PAY EVEN CLOSER FUCKING ATTENTION TO THEM THAN I WOULD HAVE BEFORE!

Dayze
04-11-2012, 10:27 PM
PM Bob Dole. He has a great cliff notes version.

DaFace
04-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Here's a start.

OK kiddies gather round for the lore of ChiefsPlanet is soon to abound.

Once upon a time in the mid 90s many, many of us like the Senator, Logical, Titus and even ole mean DEnise all posted together in an incarnation of the Star BB that was formatted much like todays Planet. We were a hardy group who harbored much anger and venom and we would fight the nights through. As time wore on our numbers grew and a bond did seemingly develop.

Then lo one night the evil witch Becky suddenly set to banning people for political speech in her forum. Many a poster thought it was at the bequest of the Evil DEnise but she doth deny it but defend Becky mightily did she. Soon the regulars were being banned right and left and lo came a savior nigh onto us with an initial parry to Russ (KCWolfman) and a few other. Lo the Planet was born and things were good and a mass exodus did ensue in 2000 August the year AD.

Now the story is told that the wicked DEnise claimed she would never post here, though I have never been able to document its truth, this is a widely held rumor of truth. For many months DEnise only made a token appearance and went back to the Star to lay claim to her now lonely throne, where only the n00Bs and trolls did now roam. All went well until behold technical problems with server volume did raise an ugly head.

Thence Pigskin Park/Pen was doth conceived and rivaled this board for usage and steam. Now the Star BB did shut itself down and an influx of poster at both the Planet and Park did begin and grow and grow did each board rise.

Now it is told that the Park had and Planet had many dual members but for its technical problems was the Planet Noted.

Meanwhile at the Park their arose a clamor by Gaz and DEnise of separation of political matter. As both were mods the owner did listen and split said board into two forums (sound familiar). Well lo and behold traffic in the sports forum began to dwindle while posting was soaring at the Pen we did quibble.

Well DEnise, and Jamie and Thomas and Logical too fought to the degree it killed the Pen too. Away, away, away went all back to the Planet with a better server to boot.

Together we did post in vastness and health while the BB did grow exponentially as well. Then one foggy fall day to what to our wonder cries did appear but that mean ole gal DEnise did appear. Came struggles and bitterness but a community was still built and it seemed nothing could ever be better than the Planet. Then came the evil, evil elections and what even the mean DEnise could not accomplish those elections did and the fabric of the Planet was ripped like a quilt.

A cry came anew from you will never guess who, sayeth Gaz we need to have a separate forum. Now much crying and screaming did ensue, we will ruin the Planet like was done to the Park.

Many votes were held and still no change when suddenly there came a poll with a story like thunder. Big Daddy switched sides and said yeah we need the separation and finally it happened the separation passeth.

Time wore on and survived we did, yet this was not enough to quiet the masses. Take that DC from sight they said and gone wad the DC link forthwith.

Now you have arrived at the time of today and we look forward each day to a new server. Because through it all we have endure the technical problems because in the end we have been a community and that has held us together.

I know this was not great literature but I have told this story so many times I had to do it different just to amuse myself.

Gadzooks
04-11-2012, 10:52 PM
You should also know that there's a poster on this board, named "Zooks", who is the King of DraftPlanet.
He’s been right about both Clausen and Kapernick in consecutive years.
He's also very handsome, drives a minivan and feeds his cat turkey occasionally.
You won't find this out in the HOC for some reason.

Simply Red
04-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Your best bet is to set your display options like this and start reading.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2553u45.jpg

I truly believe that Bugeater navigates on this site better than any other poster.

boogblaster
04-11-2012, 11:14 PM
navigation is a real hard course to navigate ... im lost already .....

SPchief
04-11-2012, 11:16 PM
boog out!

JOhn
04-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Ok, yeah cool. I promise now I won't PAY EVEN CLOSER ****ING ATTENTION TO THEM THAN I WOULD HAVE BEFORE!

Find some of the early Nite Crew threads...comedy GOLD

acesn8s
04-12-2012, 03:40 AM
I don't know why I give a shit, but I guess I've been here long enough now to know what the **** I missed out on. Who used to be big time posters here that are no longer here.
Is this a question or a statement?

Why did they leave?
To find the answers you seek read their "I leaving forever" threads.

Will they be back?
Only if forever will have them back.

Who are the original people that started out here?
Start reading the first threads ever created and don't skip any.

Why is Gaz gone and why is he an option for every poll?
That is what the Chiefsplanet gods wanted.

Why do I touch myself at night?
Because you prefer it over touching yourself during the daytime.

What are those feelings?
An itch.

What is the warm white liquid that comes out?
Milk

Holladay
04-12-2012, 05:13 AM
Goodness. This, again is why I dont post much...too much to say and no time to tell it. We/They/ and I tagged along, came from the KC star BB. There was an issue about free-speach. Austin Chief and others decided to make a new board in "ott" (2000), sept me thinks. There was a mass exedus to this site.

Most ppl like sportswax and KCJohnny got bored or had other things more important in there lives and left. Gaz included (can you say tequila rose in a bath tub whilst watching Buffy the Vampire). He is/was an eliquent computer engineer that had a nice option to everything, thus the Gaz option and ended all his posts with "XXOO" (Hugs and kisses). We all thought he was gay. LSTHS (Laughs Softly To HimSelf) They are missed. They added alot to the content to this site (unlike me who has nothing to say).

Moon.

Logical, who was a mainstay, died ?? 2 years ago??, he too badly missed.

The philsophical agruments that Sportwax

Moon.

and KCJohhny had were classic....just the 2 of them after 200 pages and still didnt agree!

Then there was the scribe/planet historian who pasted and copied everything...his name is on the tip of my tongue. If anyone doughted a fact, we/they, not me, I dont post, would turn to him...oohhh,,, name is coming....ahhhh

New guys like phobia started showing up. and they added new content as the older ppl found out they had lives. Goatcheese also showed up and added ALOT of content. I still remember the picture of him with green teeth. That was NASTY. Bearcat asking for sex advice. I wont get into (wrong phrase) Luv and MEMEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMEMEME.

Thats all I got. Keep in mind this is from a UBER lurker and the longest post I've EVAR done. I could keep going for pages...but like i said, dont post much. Do search for oldest members and number of posts. I'm one of the oldest and fewest...Go figure...

I'm a voyeur.

later

opps...

moon

Holladay
04-12-2012, 05:16 AM
moon

acesn8s
04-12-2012, 05:20 AM
M-O-O-N That spells moon.

Jenson71
04-12-2012, 05:24 AM

Later this month is the third anniversary of his death.

Holladay
04-12-2012, 05:41 AM
Yea, that sounds about right. I didn't "hear" about it for awhile. I was overseas. He brought sanity to the board.

Holladay
04-12-2012, 05:42 AM
oh yea and moon

JimNasium
04-12-2012, 06:05 AM
Goodness. This, again is why I dont post much...too much to say and no time to tell it. We/They/ and I tagged along, came from the KC star BB. There was an issue about free-speach. Austin Chief and others decided to make a new board in "ott" (2000), sept me thinks. There was a mass exedus to this site.

Most ppl like sportswax and KCJohnny got bored or had other things more important in there lives and left. Gaz included (can you say tequila rose in a bath tub whilst watching Buffy the Vampire). He is/was an eliquent computer engineer that had a nice option to everything, thus the Gaz option and ended all his posts with "XXOO" (Hugs and kisses). We all thought he was gay. LSTHS (Laughs Softly To HimSelf) They are missed. They added alot to the content to this site (unlike me who has nothing to say).

Moon.

Moon.

and KCJohhny had were classic....just the 2 of them after 200 pages and still didnt agree!

Then there was the scribe/planet historian who pasted and copied everything...his name is on the tip of my tongue. If anyone doughted a fact, we/they, not me, I dont post, would turn to him...oohhh,,, name is coming....ahhhh

New guys like phobia started showing up. and they added new content as the older ppl found out they had lives. Goatcheese also showed up and added ALOT of content. I still remember the picture of him with green teeth. That was NASTY. Bearcat asking for sex advice. I wont get into (wrong phrase) Luv and MEMEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMEMEME.

Thats all I got. Keep in mind this is from a UBER lurker and the longest post I've EVAR done. I could keep going for pages...but like i said, dont post much. Do search for oldest members and number of posts. I'm one of the oldest and fewest...Go figure...

I'm a voyeur.

later

opps...

moon
Your memory is a little faulty. That was Slayer Diablo with the green teeth.

Bugeater
04-12-2012, 06:06 AM
And I'm pretty sure it was Roy Jr asking for sex advice, not Bearcat.

KC Jones
04-12-2012, 06:22 AM

Moon.

Moon.

I'm a voyeur.

later

opps...

moon

stuff it noob. :D

KC Jones
04-12-2012, 06:27 AM

Titus :titus:

ReynardMuldrake
04-12-2012, 06:27 AM

Doctor Crusher reads the Enquirer?

J Diddy
04-12-2012, 07:11 AM
First there was the star, but they ate babies. Then people came here and it was fun. Phobia left and the baby eating began here, but he came back. Everybody was happy until we found out that he too eats babies.

luv
04-12-2012, 07:58 AM

Moon.

Moon.

I'm a voyeur.

later

opps...

moon

Am I really that bad? You know how much fun people had/have making fun of me.

You forgot about tommykat. Skip Towne worshiped the ground she walked on (probably because she was older, skinny, and had a boob job). She was friends with my dad, papasmurf, and so Skip hated my dad. Thus, Skip hated me. None of them post anymore.

There was Moooo, who I dated for about a month before I found out he had a girlfriend in a nearby city that was twice his age at the time. Actually, her son still posts on here, but he shall remain nameless.

I think everyone knows who ENDelt was. And Mer/Katipan. Rausch hardly ever posts (the damned angry drunken German), but he's at least still around.

KChiefsQT knew her football and posted a picture of her new tits.

BIG K still lurks and posts from time to time. Absolute great guy.

A lot of the reason that the true old-timers (original/near original posters from 2000/2001) I think simply got fed up with the direction the board was going. At first, it was a group of tight knit friends with similar interests. Even a few rival fans. Then n00bs got to where they were trolling, and finally the generation that was not taught to respect their elders got on here. I think that was the final straw for a lot of people. That, and a few people ended up in jail, I believe.

J Diddy
04-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Am I really that bad? You know how much fun people had/have making fun of me.

You forgot about tommykat. Skip Towne worshiped the ground she walked on (probably because she was older, skinny, and had a boob job). She was friends with my dad, papasmurf, and so Skip hated my dad. Thus, Skip hated me. None of them post anymore.

There was Moooo, who I dated for about a month before I found out he had a girlfriend in a nearby city that was twice his age at the time. Actually, her son still posts on here, but he shall remain nameless.

I think everyone knows who ENDelt was. And Mer/Katipan. Rausch hardly ever posts (the damned angry drunken German), but he's at least still around.

KChiefsQT knew her football and posted a picture of her new tits.

BIG K still lurks and posts from time to time. Absolute great guy.

A lot of the reason that the true old-timers (original/near original posters from 2000/2001) I think simply got fed up with the direction the board was going. At first, it was a group of tight knit friends with similar interests. Even a few rival fans. Then n00bs got to where they were trolling, and finally the generation that was not taught to respect their elders got on here. I think that was the final straw for a lot of people. That, and a few people ended up in jail, I believe.

I could see both sides. You're going to get trolls and we even had them in the beginning, however some people went to far.

The way some people treated new posters as a means of initiation was down right mean and furthermore, brought forward the troll culture out of defense.

KC Jones
04-12-2012, 08:07 AM

Your perception is pretty far off the mark. The reasons different old timers aren't around that much differ considerably. I have my reasons for rarely visiting the planet much, but it has more to do with being busy in real life. Some people didn't like the nasty and vindictive turn the board has taken from time to time. I don't think it's a generational thing at all. Sometimes people are on here a lot because they are avoiding something, but they get that sorted out and realize that forum rants and meaningless virtual arguments are a huge waste of their lives. It happens in every online community.

Jenson71
04-12-2012, 08:07 AM
I think Skip mostly had a great respect for tommykat's mind.

Simply Red
04-12-2012, 08:09 AM
I'm pretty sure Icarus is simply a Kotter mult, guys.

KurtCobain
04-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Omg, that's Jenson in post 51? Holy shit, where have I been. How fucking are ya bud?

KurtCobain
04-12-2012, 08:15 AM

I was thinking that, too.

Iowanian
04-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Most everything you need to know is here.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=181631

If you have any further questions, just read every thread created by the creator of that thread.

Thig Lyfe
04-12-2012, 10:13 AM
All you need to know is I'M THE MOTHERFUCKING KING AROUND HERE, AND ALL Y'ALL JUST MY SUBJECTS.

Iowanian
04-12-2012, 10:19 AM
All you need to know is I'M THE MOTHER****ING KING AROUND HERE, AND ALL Y'ALL JUST MY SUBJECTS.

You're not even the king of wishful thinking, let alone this joint.

Thig Lyfe
04-12-2012, 10:22 AM

Uh, not sure if you're aware of a little project I did back in the '80s called GO MOTHAFUCKIN WEST!

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="360" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x2001p"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2001p_go-west-king-of-wishful-thinking_music" target="_blank">Go West - King Of Wishful Thinking</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/jpdc11" target="_blank">jpdc11</a></i>

lcarus
04-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the history lessons. Now I see why this place has extreme free speech. Without question this board has more freedom than any other I've been to. The Orlando Magic board is a god damn atrocity and a joke. Also, no I am not a mult.

Thig Lyfe
04-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the history lessons. Now I see why this place has extreme free speech. Without question this board has more freedom than any other I've been to. The Orlando Magic board is a god damn atrocity and a joke. Also, no I am not a mult.

Neither am I. ;)

whoman69
04-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Your memory is a little faulty. That was Slayer Diablo with the green teeth.

I'm always getting them mixed up. Don't know why. :)

FishingRod
04-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Ah the old days with Packfan and secret agent man Mike Keck

Sofa King
04-12-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm pretty sure lumpy is a gonzo mult. not that anyone cares.

whoman69
04-12-2012, 03:42 PM
The latest updates on Gaz:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3947324#post3947324

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=6737801#post6737801

Setsuna
04-12-2012, 06:28 PM
No one thought to have a banquet with awards for these people? Tell AC to get crackin on that and invite me.

loochy
04-12-2012, 06:46 PM
No one thought to have a banquet with awards for these people? Tell AC to get crackin on that and invite me.

The planet bash?

KurtCobain
04-12-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm pretty sure lumpy is a gonzo mult. not that anyone cares.

I thought it turned out Gonzo is a lumpy mult?

Brando
04-12-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm pretty sure Skip is alone in the woods with Ned Beatty.
Where is Iowonian? He uses tongue prettier than a $20 whore.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

mlyonsd
04-12-2012, 07:16 PM
The latest updates on Gaz:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3947324#post3947324

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=6737801#post6737801What was the term he used? Pencil necks?

KcMizzou
04-12-2012, 07:23 PM
You forgot about tommykat. Skip Towne worshiped the ground she walked on (probably because she was older, skinny, and had a boob job). ROFL

KcMizzou
04-12-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm pretty sure Skip is alone in the woods with Ned Beatty.
Where is Iowonian? He uses tongue prettier than a $20 whore.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2He's around more often than you are.

Brando
04-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Hopefully I'll be around a lot more often. The wood chipper thread was custom made for him and EnDelt. Then again the kids father might have been Brian.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

LVNHACK
04-15-2012, 06:43 AM

LMFAO...

milkman
04-15-2012, 07:02 AM

I'm absolutely certain that you're wrong.

milkman
04-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Ga left because he's a pussy.