PDA

View Full Version : Life 7 acres pasture land...what to do with it?

Holladay
04-12-2012, 03:51 AM
CP-no whore houses, wife wouldn't like it and no pigs, hog farmer wounldn't like it (no pig semen for me)

Since the horses died 3 yrs ago, its been used for broumgh grass. We make about $200 after fertilzer etc.

From another thread, use 1/2 acre for 4wd R/C cars for fun. Use the other "strip" for R/C landing zone.

The rest ..what about making a Paint Ball Areana? Build some burms, some rough cinder block buildings, 55g barrels around, dig ditches, throw in some big logs??

Gotta do something with the land. And no, a dumb city boy, no cattle!!

Need to do something with the land to make some money.

thoughts?

And Ostrigas/lammas/organic gardens/vinyard/whorehouses/and pigs are out too:) All are too much work.

Paint ball fights/plane landings/4wd cars are not.

Other genious ideas?

Outta have Rainman make a poll.

btw, WHOOT over 400 posts in 12 years! Go Chiefs!

acesn8s
04-12-2012, 03:54 AM
Self storage units.

LOCOChief
04-12-2012, 04:00 AM
alfalfa would bring a lot more than the $200/yr you get from broumgh, if your dirts right. But the paintball idea seems the most logical.

Holladay
04-12-2012, 04:01 AM
hummm...good idea. Hadn't thought about that. But I live 15 miles from any lil town. Nearest nieghbor is 2 miles. And both small towns near by have quite a few storage places. I could have a bunch. But don't know how many ppl would want to drive 10 miles when they have closer. And I'm not sure I would want ppl driving into my place at all hours of the day to un-load they're busted sofa!

Holladay
04-12-2012, 04:03 AM
the storage units got me thinking.

the best storage use in a farm community is grain bins. But they cost a boat load. And then it would be the same as to privacy as the storage units. Farm trucks rolling in at all hours:(

TimeForWasp
04-12-2012, 04:05 AM
Put in some Rv Lots, or Rv and boat storage.

Holladay
04-12-2012, 04:06 AM
I say $200/yr...that was with the horses using some of the crap. We get more...but not much.

As my german wife would say "Alfa Alfa" wouldn't be much better since we already have established broumgh.

acesn8s
04-12-2012, 04:10 AM
Put in some Rv Lots, or Rv and boat storage.This. Covered lots don't require walls and you can keep the used beds filled with bedbugs away from your property. But as my father has said "Build a storage unit and someone will want to use it."

Holladay
04-12-2012, 04:10 AM
Man you all got me thinking. That's what I love bout the CP. Keep em coming. I'll bounce all them off the wife.

Keep in mind, we live in the middle of nowhere, farm country. No towns (2 towns with 5k ppl in 20 miles)

Great place when the zombies come:)

TimeForWasp
04-12-2012, 04:13 AM
Connex shipping containers can easily be converted to secure storage units. Also can be converted to off site living quarters. Cabins. rent some, convert and sell some.

Holladay
04-12-2012, 04:14 AM
Not to poke fun at youi...build a baseball field, and they will come.

But you have a point. Storage done correctly, everyone doesn't have 7 acres and 2 barns and a chicken coup to store their crap, has it's appeal.

Humm, got me thinking again. (Not a good thing)

Johnny Vegas
04-12-2012, 04:15 AM
build a drag strip and rent it out

Holladay
04-12-2012, 04:16 AM
Goodness...another good idea.

Just when I thought I had a good idea

TimeForWasp
04-12-2012, 04:17 AM
I'm gonna use Connex shipping containers on my property in Costa rica to start with. A secure place to keep my stuff when Im back in the states. Then I'm gonna build tree houses. Look on YouTube, Alot of cool shipping container houses.

jspchief
04-12-2012, 04:17 AM
Lease to hunters

Holladay
04-12-2012, 04:21 AM
I was thinking bout storage in a farm community. Whats the one thing farmers need to store, other then grain? Their equipment, impliements, plows, planters, combine heads all covered. A great big "U" shaped covered shack?? or "Z" shaped?

hummn

Holladay
04-12-2012, 04:22 AM
Not big enough for hunters. I thought of that. Heck I'm a bird hunter, no birds this last year or before:(

Holladay
04-12-2012, 04:27 AM
Gonna have to think bout the Connex containers. Other then the paintball thingie, but in the end, how much of a price do you put on privacy. I know, Benjamins are better. But it is one nice thing bout living out in the middle of nowhere:)

I got to crash..5:30am here.

Thanks for the ideas. I will bounced them off the wife.

acesn8s
04-12-2012, 04:45 AM
Not to poke fun at youi...build a baseball field, and they will come.

But you have a point. Storage done correctly, everyone doesn't have 7 acres and 2 barns and a chicken coup to store their crap, has it's appeal.

Humm, got me thinking again. (Not a good thing)Well, there is the baseball field thing, too. ;)

But instead of a baseball field build a Chiefs football field. Build it and the SB will come.

TimeForWasp
04-12-2012, 04:53 AM
Not big enough for hunters. I thought of that. Heck I'm a bird hunter, no birds this last year or before:(

There it is. Raise birds for release. Sell them to property owners that want to have good hunting.

Gary
04-12-2012, 05:17 AM
How about an open gun range? There is a range down here run by a guy who had some land out in BFE. He opened an outdoor gun range with pistol range, rifle range, shotgun clay pigeon shooting range, shotgun slug range, & a special section that local law enforcement rents from him monthly so their swat/bomb squad guys can go there whenever they want. A buddy of mine was there last weekend when bomb squad guy was disposing of bomb materials by making/exploding bombs.

Holladay
04-12-2012, 05:28 AM
A friend of mine did the bird raising thingie. Then we had a REALLY cold winter ??4 yrs ago and lost every single bird, 30k later he gave it up. Nice idea if you have the cover (CRP) and the acres or a bunch of nesting buildings. Those phasant cocks fight all the time. You have to put blinders on them so they wont fight. And my wife hates birds, thus the ostriges idea went out the window.

Gun range,,,,hummm....I got my clay pigeon thrower in the back pasture. Not a bad idea. Except my wife is German and hates guns and the acreage I'm talking about is basically my backyard. She leaves town every Opener. And I sure as heck wouldn't want a bunch of cops on the range with guns when I go on my bender every few weeks.:eek: And not sure I want bombs going off in the backyard whilst on the John.

7 acres is alot to mow, but not that much if you want privacy. We are wanting our cake and eat it too.

Some nice ideas...keep em coming.

Ahh, Oil well, diamond mine, leuprecahns and gold pots....that damn lottery last week

acesn8s
04-12-2012, 05:43 AM
Run a commune. Grow some hemp.

Holladay
04-12-2012, 05:51 AM
THREAD DONE

OR meth lab in the chicken coop/barn

bevischief
04-12-2012, 05:55 AM
Put in some Rv Lots, or Rv and boat storage.

this.

acesn8s
04-12-2012, 05:58 AM
Put up some stripper poles and see if any takes the bait.

Bugeater
04-12-2012, 06:08 AM
Build a life size replica of Invesco field and then blow it up.

KC Jones
04-12-2012, 06:35 AM
Great place when the zombies come:)

Build a zombie bunker and sell rights to shelter in the bunker when the zombie Apocalypse comes. If you build it, they will come! :eek:

TimeForWasp
04-12-2012, 06:36 AM
A whore house for hogs. Build it and they will come.

J Diddy
04-12-2012, 07:07 AM
Put up some stripper poles and see if any takes the bait.

With a little bit of neon, this just may work.

J Diddy
04-12-2012, 07:08 AM
The next woodstock?

Bwana
04-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Perhaps some kind of cash crop? Poppys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1he8_kdYn4U

http://bloodblista.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/opium-poppy-field-a_681574c.jpg

BigRichard
04-12-2012, 07:31 AM
I always thought a nursery would do good. It just might take a couple of years to get it off the ground. Which it sounds like you are in no hurry.

luv
04-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Anyone in your area who could work it and make some money? We have a client whose husband died last year and left her a shit ton of land. She is renting it to a guy to bail hay and such on for $3000/month.

Dayze
04-12-2012, 07:48 AM
put something on it / do something with it that no one else has/does in your area.

maybe like an off-road park. ATVs, dirtbikes etc.

Simply Red
04-12-2012, 07:50 AM
Anyone in your area who could work it and make some money? We have a client whose husband died last year and left her a shit ton of land. She is renting it to a guy to bail hay and such on for $3000/month.

I just noticed your signature, very proud of you!

OP - You should grow and sell Christmas Trees, tons of money in that.

Iowanian
04-12-2012, 08:00 AM
7 acres in town? Edge of town?

How about breaking it into grids and renting garden spots?

Frazod
04-12-2012, 08:04 AM
How about an open gun range? There is a range down here run by a guy who had some land out in BFE. He opened an outdoor gun range with pistol range, rifle range, shotgun clay pigeon shooting range, shotgun slug range, & a special section that local law enforcement rents from him monthly so their swat/bomb squad guys can go there whenever they want. A buddy of mine was there last weekend when bomb squad guy was disposing of bomb materials by making/exploding bombs.

This was my first thought. Nice touch with reaching out to the cops, too. That will eliminate a lot of problems.

seclark
04-12-2012, 08:05 AM
just mow it...my yard is 11 acres. it's a bitch, and costs a bunch in gas though.

the guy that owns another 11 acres just north of me has a paintball place set up. people just reserve a date w/him. even when he's got stuff going on, it's pretty quiet.

right after we built, he put it up for sale and i was trying to talk the wife into just buying it, so no shitbirds would move a trailer in. the old bastard went and won $50k in the lottery, so he took the place off the market and built a little shed to keep supplies in to sell the paintballers. i'm sure he's not getting rich off of it, but i think he makes a little money, and can get away from his wife.

sec

e_train69
04-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Plant something. Fruit trees, pecan trees, blueberries, etc. Whatever grows well in your area.

Iowanian
04-12-2012, 08:15 AM
How does the land lay?

If you're a greenthumb at all, you could look into commercial gardening and selling produce at farmer's market or sell in volume to someone who does.

You could also think longer term and look at some alternative crop ideas, like grapes or acai berries for a little more return on your investment.

Paintball might work, but it exposes you to liability for injury. I know this because someone took his provided goggles off during a paintball event on our property, had a retina detached and won his lawsuit vs my family.

Monty
04-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Xmas tree farm and ship the trees out to metro areas before the holiday season.

Nickel D
04-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Put in a parking lot and an indoor theater building with stage. Call it "Chez de Chippendales". Hire a bunch of young, buff dudes from local colleges and score 15 percent from their take plus big profits from selling liquor and sexual toys for females. Bet the wifey would likez dat a hole lotz.

(Did I just say "a hole"?...Oooooh - dat's naztee!)

Simply Red
04-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Xmas tree farm and ship the trees out to metro areas before the holiday season.

My God, THIS!

I had mentioned it as well last page, there's a guy in Alabama I know that literally makes $100,000. per season. Not bad for a month and a half worth of labor.

seclark
04-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Paintball might work, but it exposes you to liability for injury. I know this because someone took his provided goggles off during a paintball event on our property, had a retina detached and won his lawsuit vs my family.

i agree w/this...i mentioned the guy next to me because someone else mentioned paintball. also, because i was kinda worried at first that the place was always going to have a bunch of people and noise. actually, it's usually pretty quiet over there, and he's a pretty good old boy. i do question his sense at times, like when he schedules an event on the first weekend of rifle-deer season.
sec

Bwana
04-12-2012, 08:31 AM
i do question his sense at times, like when he schedules an event on the first weekend of rifle-deer season.
sec

No kidding? Talk about bringing a paintball to a gun fight.

Scaga
04-12-2012, 08:31 AM
cemetery?

Bwana
04-12-2012, 08:32 AM
cemetery?

Human, Pet, or Zombie Farm?

seclark
04-12-2012, 08:38 AM
No kidding? Talk about bringing a paintball to a gun fight.

i know...i sat in my blind and watched a 10 point buck just stand there in the brush, watching them shoot at each other.
sec

Saul Good
04-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Build a gourmet cupcake store, a self-serve frozen yogurt shop, a nail salon, a taekwondo dojo, a nail salon, a gourmet burger joint, and a bar with a patio for cougars to congregate. You'll need an enormous parking lot for all of the minivans and SUVs full of Johnson County housewives who will make the pilgrimage.

Dayze
04-12-2012, 08:53 AM
x-mas trees and pumpkin patch?

Rain Man
04-12-2012, 09:12 AM
I would be interested in buying it if you could deliver it to the Denver area.

Has anyone suggested building a doomsday bunker and selling slots in it?

Fat Elvis
04-12-2012, 09:22 AM
I think you already know this, but seven acres in the middle of nowhere--especially if it is basically in your backyard--isn't going to yield a whole lot of money with the ideas you have so far. Two towns 20 miles away with 5K folks aren't going to pay for the costs of the paintball idea; if you want that for your own enjoyment, then go ahead and do it. But if you are expecting to actually make some money after landscaping changes, paintball equipment, liability insurance and possible rezoning of your land and the increased taxes from that, you're only kidding yourself.

Getting $200/year after herbacides, insecticides and fertilizer for brome on seven acres sounds like a good deal especially since you aren't doing any of the work. A plot that small is usually too small for anyone to waste their time any more.

If you want to put in a little effort, you could start a small "sustainable farm" and make a killing with it. Real, organic food commands a premium these days. Check out these guys:

http://theurbanfarmingguys.com/

They are actually based in KC so it really shouldn't be too hard to go and see what they are doing in person. If the stuff they do works in the inner city, it certainly can be done in the boonies.

Iowanian
04-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Driving range?

Pumpkin or water melon patch?

Corn maze......

Rain Man
04-12-2012, 09:44 AM
UFO viewing station. Build a 10-foot deck and charge visitors $5 to stand on it. Then put an overpriced snow cone stand at the base of it.

http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/attachments/colorado/4290-hooper-ufo1.jpg

Dayze
04-12-2012, 09:48 AM
a Mountain Climbing Academy/School.

...wait. Nevermind.

ghak99
04-12-2012, 09:55 AM
From what I saw last week, the female population in your area is in dire need of a fitness center. Do the men in your area a favor and find a way to make bitches do work... while paying you for the experience.

seclark
04-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Driving range?

Pumpkin or water melon patch?

Corn maze......

yeah, piss on the driving range suggestion. my son brings his friends down and they wack golf balls all over the yard and never pick them all up. i run over them w/the mower and all kinds of hell breaks loose. :eek:
sec

nychief
04-12-2012, 10:11 AM
grow weed.

InChiefsHeaven
04-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Shooting range?

I've always thought that people would pay good money to participate in a "Top Shot" type weekend. Build a little cabin that sleeps like5 or 6, and plan shooting competitions with guns people don't really ever get to shoot. Something like that would be different,and I for one would be interested in something like that. Heck, it could just be for a day thing too, no need for lodging. I just think it would be pretty kick ass.

mr. tegu
04-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Build a private fishing hole and stock it with bass and other fish. People pay good money to fish for fun at places that they know they can get some action from good sized fish.

38yrsfan
04-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Cryogenic storage, with the remoteness of the area you could offer "peace of mind". Option plans of monthly to eternal and you have a steady income. Very few complaints as well. Things get tough, you can always pull the plug.

HemiEd
04-12-2012, 10:19 AM
I think you already know this, but seven acres in the middle of nowhere--especially if it is basically in your backyard--isn't going to yield a whole lot of money with the ideas you have so far. Two towns 20 miles away with 5K folks aren't going to pay for the costs of the paintball idea; if you want that for your own enjoyment, then go ahead and do it. But if you are expecting to actually make some money after landscaping changes, paintball equipment, liability insurance and possible rezoning of your land and the increased taxes from that, you're only kidding yourself.

Getting $200/year after herbacides, insecticides and fertilizer for brome on seven acres sounds like a good deal especially since you aren't doing any of the work. A plot that small is usually too small for anyone to waste their time any more.

If you want to put in a little effort, you could start a small "sustainable farm" and make a killing with it. Real, organic food commands a premium these days. Check out these guys:

http://theurbanfarmingguys.com/

They are actually based in KC so it really shouldn't be too hard to go and see what they are doing in person. If the stuff they do works in the inner city, it certainly can be done in the boonies.

This, he gets it. Great idea IMO.

LOCOChief
04-12-2012, 10:20 AM
put a kiosk in the middle of the property and sell expensive lotions.

Dave Lane
04-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Hell if you're that far out in the country and that faraway from any light I'd pay you more than that just park a mobile observatory there and take pictures assuming you have electricity available. I'd even pay for that.

Rain Man
04-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Summer camp for dogs. While their parents go on vacation they can learn archery and how to make leather wallets. Or just run around barking their heads off and sniffing other dogs.

mlyonsd
04-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Apple orchard. Then let people pay you to come and pick their own apples in the fall.

Rain Man
04-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Hell if you're that far out in the country and that faraway from any light I'd pay you more than that just park a mobile observatory there and take pictures assuming you have electricity available. I'd even pay for that.

Actually, whether it's this or something else, a good concept is to use it for something extremely specialized. As mentioned before, it's not a large plot of land to do anything of scale, so if you can charge a premium for something very specialized that people will travel for, like hosting astronomers or doing a camp for gerbils or building a city for remote control cars to race around in, that might be the best best.

TimeForWasp
04-12-2012, 10:47 AM
i know...i sat in my blind and watched a 10 point buck just stand there in the brush, watching them shoot at each other.
sec

:clap: That big buck was thinking, " I hope these idiots kill each other off so I can live in peace".

Ming the Merciless
04-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Slowly fix it up , add a pond...., camp sites.....a couple cabins.a gazebo, a dance hall...... a couple johns, make it really like a little nice park and rent it out to people who want to use it for weddings and parties....

Dayze
04-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Shooting range?

I've always thought that people would pay good money to participate in a "Top Shot" type weekend. Build a little cabin that sleeps like5 or 6, and plan shooting competitions with guns people don't really ever get to shoot. Something like that would be different,and I for one would be interested in something like that. Heck, it could just be for a day thing too, no need for lodging. I just think it would be pretty kick ass.

me too. that would be sweet. hell, even if something like that was 2 hours away, I'd still go for a day.

NewChief
04-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Shooting range?

I wonder what the insurance on a thing of this nature would run you? :eek:

Dayze
04-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Summer camp for dogs. While their parents go on vacation they can learn archery and how to make leather wallets. Or just run around barking their heads off and sniffing other dogs.

LMAO....I just noticed this one

Stewie
04-12-2012, 11:21 AM
My God, THIS!

I had mentioned it as well last page, there's a guy in Alabama I know that literally makes $100,000. per season. Not bad for a month and a half worth of labor.

Ironically, I have a 7-acre Christmas tree farm behind my house. It's owned by a neighbor. There's waaay more work than a month and a half of labor.

Munson
04-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Obviously, you should plant a bunch of burning AIDS trees and sell them off.

just kidding...

I liked the idea of turning it into a place to have weddings and parties. People are always looking for a nice place to get married.

And turning your land in a storage place for RV's and boats is an excellent idea, too.

Rain Man
04-12-2012, 11:36 AM
I wonder what the insurance on a thing of this nature would run you? :eek:

Especially if seven acres isn't big enough to contain the bullets.

How big an area would you need to ensure that no bullets left your property? I'd think it would have to be significantly larger than seven acres.

Maybe you could make it a crossbow range or something.

Inspector
04-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Bury a bunch of Cadillacs nose first half in and half out of the ground.

I bet nobody has EVER thought of that!

mikeyis4dcats.
04-12-2012, 11:37 AM
I am having a hard time understanding why people in the middle of nowhere would pay someone to store stuff?

loochy
04-12-2012, 11:41 AM
GOld Mine

Just start diggin man

http://digitaljournal.com/img/2/2/2/6/i/7/3/6/o/gold_mine_1.jpg

vailpass
04-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Set Hawk's women to graze

vailpass
04-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Christmas Tree farm

CHENZ A!
04-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Build a water park with slides, wave pool, lazy river, and an adult pool with swim up bar.

CHENZ A!
04-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Also put a basketball goal in the adult pool.

Monty
04-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Ironically, I have a 7-acre Christmas tree farm behind my house. It's owned by a neighbor. There's waaay more work than a month and a half of labor.

+1

I've been looking into this personally, and there is quite a bit more work than watering some trees once in a bit. With that being said, there is fairly good ROI assuming that you find the right market.

Rain Man
04-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Bury a bunch of Cadillacs nose first half in and half out of the ground.

I bet nobody has EVER thought of that!

You can't do something like that in this era of environmental concern.

You'd have to half-bury a bunch of Chevy Volts or Toyota Priuses.

TimeForWasp
04-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Prairie dog town with old wood Saloon, hotel,brothel,blacksmith, Jail, fronts and charge to shoot them from a podium.

Rain Man
04-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Cockroach and spider wildlife park. People could drive their cars through and see cockroaches and spiders from around the world. You could also open a campsite for those who wish to stay longer.

InChiefsHeaven
04-12-2012, 12:25 PM
me too. that would be sweet. hell, even if something like that was 2 hours away, I'd still go for a day.

Seriously, I can't believe that the "ranch" where the show is filmed doesn't just offer a week out there. They could charge a couple grand and you get to go out there and have the same types of competitions they have on the show. I guarantee guys would want to go out there for that. Me and my buddies would definitely want to go to something like that. Shit, this year they shot a fuggin' cannon! 50 cal rifles, classic pistols, axe throwing, bow and arrow...it would be awesome.

El Jefe
04-12-2012, 12:38 PM

LMAO ROFL LMAO

Dayze
04-12-2012, 12:43 PM

cruel LMAO.

I happen to like alot of the content in that thread. :harumph:

threebag
04-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Meth Lab

NewChief
04-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Meth Lab

Gus Fring approves of this message.

Radar Chief
04-12-2012, 12:55 PM
http://www.ksrockspark.com/

:shrug:

Edit: oh, 7 acres. Nevermind.

KCKID58
04-12-2012, 01:33 PM
putt putt golf !!!!

loochy
04-12-2012, 01:35 PM

Dude he's only got 7 acres!

CHENZ A!
04-12-2012, 02:14 PM
You should build a Jurassic Park!

NewChief
04-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Anyone want to buy a house in Fayetteville?
http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2012/04/12/bobby-petrinos-2-5-million-house-is-for-sale/

Radar Chief
04-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Anyone want to buy a house in Fayetteville?
http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2012/04/12/bobby-petrinos-2-5-million-house-is-for-sale/

Damn, sweet pile of sticks he’s got going there.
Excuse me, that should be “had going there”.

NewChief
04-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Damn, sweet pile of sticks he’s got going there.
Excuse me, that should be “had going there”.

And I posted this in the wrong three. :banghead:

acesn8s
04-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Plant a ticket oak.

Valiant
04-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Have not read it all. But:

Grow hay.
Shooting range.
Indoor mushroom farm. Also outdoor.

Dr. Gigglepants
04-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Spray it for ticks
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man
04-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Two words: space elevator.

LiveSteam
04-12-2012, 06:25 PM
I would build me a lil 4-3/4 gauge railroad. No doubt about it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vlxk32BAMIw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Okie_Apparition
04-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Snapping turtle farm
you love it long time

Tombstone RJ
04-12-2012, 06:31 PM
CP-no whore houses, wife wouldn't like it and no pigs, hog farmer wounldn't like it (no pig semen for me)

Since the horses died 3 yrs ago, its been used for broumgh grass. We make about $200 after fertilzer etc.

From another thread, use 1/2 acre for 4wd R/C cars for fun. Use the other "strip" for R/C landing zone.

The rest ..what about making a Paint Ball Areana? Build some burms, some rough cinder block buildings, 55g barrels around, dig ditches, throw in some big logs??

Gotta do something with the land. And no, a dumb city boy, no cattle!!

Need to do something with the land to make some money.

thoughts?

And Ostrigas/lammas/organic gardens/vinyard/whorehouses/and pigs are out too:) All are too much work.

Paint ball fights/plane landings/4wd cars are not.

Other genious ideas?

Outta have Rainman make a poll.

btw, WHOOT over 400 posts in 12 years! Go Chiefs!

two words: medical marijuana o:-)

Kyle DeLexus
04-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Build a Jousting arena and cash in on the Full Metal Jousting craze.

Okie_Apparition
04-12-2012, 06:55 PM
I've only heard Christmas tree farmers bitch about all the work it takes to shape the tree
then again they're farmers so bitching is part of the job discription

arrwheader
04-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Erect a 40 ft high statue of Tyler Palko, people from all around will come to admire his great hair and unsuccessful/success story of playing in the NFL and being used as the toilet handle that ultimately flushed Todd Haley and the rest of the shit down the toilet

mikeyis4dcats.
04-12-2012, 07:30 PM
I've only heard Christmas tree farmers bitch about all the work it takes to shape the tree
then again they're farmers so bitching is part of the job discription

it also takes something like 7 years to have a crop

LiveSteam
04-12-2012, 08:46 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/389629_10150715739907439_101819927438_9385572_599179827_n.jpg

7 acres of fun fun fun

threebag
04-12-2012, 08:54 PM
http://www.damnlol.com/i/a11b879fe8ef307d55ea39759f05e19c.jpg

acesn8s
04-13-2012, 04:23 AM
http://www.damnlol.com/i/a11b879fe8ef307d55ea39759f05e19c.jpg
Is that a picture of the Earth's vagina?

LiveSteam
04-13-2012, 07:14 AM
Is that a picture of the Earth's vagina?

NO. Its a pic of BucEyedPea in her bat cave

Earthling
04-13-2012, 09:20 AM
I guess there really IS a reason they call it Mother Earth. (Needs to see a Doc about that yeast infection though..)

seclark
04-13-2012, 09:45 AM
it also takes something like 7 years to have a crop

and one hail storm can knock the shit out of the whole thing.
i know a family that has one, and it's very time consuming.
sec