PDA

View Full Version : Alright, here's the "alternate route" (i.e. Weeden in the 2nd) mock:

Direckshun
04-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Tell me how much you hate it. But only in the most grotesque terminology possible.

Many of these players I've mocked numerous times now, they are clearly among my pet favorites, so bear with me.

I'm just attempting to put the whole alternate route into focus.

1. DE Fletcher Cox, Mississippi State

Gives us a competitor with Bailey to heir Glenn Dorsey's position.

2. QB Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State

I've made my case already.

3. FS Brandon Taylor, LSU

Someone to push Kendrick Lewis, or some collateral in case Lewis wants a raise.

4. RB Robert Turbin, Utah State

Hillis and Charles are both returning from injury.

5. OT Andrew Datko, Florida State

Swing tackle with left tackle upside; recovering from injury makes him slide this far.

6. SS Winston Guy, Jr., Kentucky

Lacks great speed, but Crennel loves safeties his size, and has a brilliant nose for the ball.

7. C Adam Gettis, Iowa

Undersized, technically sound center depth.

7. OLB Julian Miller, West Virginia

Miller is a sleeper pass rusher -- good production across from Bruce Irvin, fantastic arms, very fast and pretty strong.

Direckshun
04-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Chiefs bring back Kelly Gregg.

And, once impressed with Weeden in OTAs, cut Matt Cassel.

QB: Weeden, Quinn, Stanzi
RB: Charles, Hillis, McCluster, Turbin
FB: Bannon

WR: Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin, Copper, McCluster
TE: Moeaki, Boss, Maneri

LT: Albert, Datko
LG: Lilja, Harris
C: Hudson, Gettis
RG: Asamoah, Harris
RT: Winston, Datko

DE: Dorsey, Bailey
NT: Gregg, Gordon, Powe
DE: Jackson, Cox, Gordon

OLB: Hali, Sheffield
ILB: Belcher, Siler
ILB: Johnson, Siler
OLB: Houston, Miller

CB: Flowers, Routt, Arenas, Daniels, Brown
S: Berry, Lewis, Taylor, Guy

Rooster
04-12-2012, 02:48 PM
I like the cut Matt Cassel part. :D

Nightfyre
04-12-2012, 02:58 PM
I've decided that your moneyball analogy with respect to Weeden fails on multiple levels. For starters, analogies suck. If your argument can't stand on its own, then don't try to make it fly with an analogy.

Second: Weeden will be 29 in October. He will get a four year contract at a reasonable price. He will take at least two years to develop. That means he will be ready by age 31 with two years left on his contract. If he succeeds, you will have to pay him a huge contract over six years. His age will be 33-39 over the life of that contract. So you might get three good years out of him and be sucking cap wind for the last three years. I guess the alternative is that you continuously franchise him, but he could hold out then.

The difference between this and your money ball analogy is that, in baseball, you get to develop your players without losing team control.

The point is that you are giving up three years you could use developing a QB that plays at a high level for a decade for a QB that you'd be lucky to have play five years at a high level.

Bewbies
04-12-2012, 04:41 PM
I can't get excited about Weeden. Not worth the investment for such a small window...

RealSNR
04-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Why did you back off from Brockers and switch to Cox?

...you bitch.

Titty Meat
04-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Gross

Saul Good
04-12-2012, 07:46 PM
This mock makes me want to fellate a hot curling iron.

It makes me want to sodomize myself with a pinecone only to turn my entire rectum inside out upon its removal.

It makes me want to snort lines of herpes scabs off of Charlie Weis's sweaty chode (making sure to do it everywhere that can be considered a chode since there seems to be some disagreement about what a chode is).

It makes me want to wash my face with Mark Mangino's wipe-towel.

It makes me want to take Ron Paul seriously as a presidential candidate.

Direckshun
04-12-2012, 07:51 PM
This mock makes me want to fellate a hot curling iron.

It makes me want to sodomize myself with a pinecone only to turn my entire rectum inside out upon its removal.

It makes me want to snort lines of herpes scabs off of Charlie Weis's sweaty chode (making sure to do it everywhere that can be considered a chode since there seems to be some disagreement about what a chode is).

It makes me want to wash my face with Mark Mangino's wipe-towel.

It makes me want to take Ron Paul seriously as a presidential candidate.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TAryFIuRxmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>