PDA

View Full Version : Trent Richardson going to prom.

Direckshun
04-13-2012, 06:49 AM
Link has video.

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/17403404/trent-richardson-grants-hueytown-seniors-prom-wish

Trent Richardson grants Hueytown senior's prom wish
Posted: Apr 12, 2012 9:48 PM CDT
Updated: Apr 12, 2012 10:28 PM CDT
By Vanessa Araiza - email

On the surface, 17-year old Courtney Alvis looks like your everyday teenager. She's Two days shy of her senior prom and testing a new do at the salon. But getting to this point hasn't been easy, "I have heard of leukemia but I wanted to make sure that was cancer. So I was like are you telling me I have cancer and he was like it could be cancer," she said.

And it was. At just 16-years old and a junior at Hueytown High School, Courtney's life drastically changed.

"I couldn't drive. I couldn't go to school or even go to the mall or out to eat because of germs."

And her junior prom? Her doctor said she could go but with a few more accessories than the norm.

"I would have to wear a mask and rubber gloves and not touch anybody and that wasn't for me."

After a year filled with chemo treatments, the loss of her hair, and getting back to a healthy bounce, she's determined to make it to her senior prom. But not without some apprehension.

"I wasn't comfortable with my body and of course I didn't have long pretty hair to fix and also I didn't have a date."

That's until her uncle who has some Alabama connections spread the word. That word got to Trent Richardson.

"I'm really excited but I'm also nervous. I've watched Trent all the time on TV. and he's going to be coming to prom with me."

The hair and the gown and of course, the hunky date are making Courtney's mom, Stephanie smile. But it's the glimpse of freedom for her daughter that means the most.

"She's walking without a walker right now and she's planning on dancing Saturday night. You can't get any better than that."

Bewbies
04-13-2012, 08:34 AM
High 5 for TR!

tyton75
04-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Love "good guy" stories like this

Mr. Laz
04-15-2012, 12:05 PM
just saw story on ESPN

nice

Bowser
04-15-2012, 12:08 PM